The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Re: DISCUSSION THREAD/Gojoe canNEVER be trusted

Postby Mavketl » Wed May 25, 2011 12:54 pm UTC

Ack! Sorry. All fixed now.
Not A Raptor: Mav can be a very wily and dangerous player.
roband: Mav has a way of making everything seem right.
ELEPHANT SCIENCE - MORE ELEPHANT SCIENCE
- NEW: Elephant Math!

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Wed May 25, 2011 1:46 pm UTC

Maff Effect:
Spoiler:
FUCKING LOGIC FAIL ARGH.

I know I should let this go. I don't think FAOT is scum. But why does he have to continue NOT FUCKING GETTING IT so aggressively at me? Someone is being so fucking wrong on the internet that it's really hard to not tell them how stupid they are being. Why won't they just stop being so fucking stupid?

In the mean while, I think scum has this in the bag.

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Wed May 25, 2011 1:52 pm UTC

I require a replacement for Maff Effect. Please PM me if you can join.
Van wrote:Fireballs don't lie.

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Wed May 25, 2011 2:32 pm UTC

roband wrote:Mav, fix that ASAP
She may have been a bit too late.

Maff Effect
Spoiler:
Damn. Was just beginning to vaguely insinuate JC alongside FOAT, but JC just claimed seeing a Spoiler and I think it was Mav's duff-up above.
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

Aaeriele

Postby Aaeriele » Wed May 25, 2011 6:23 pm UTC

Nottingham:

Spoiler:
http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=70910&p=2627330#p2627330 /popcorn
Vaniver wrote:Harvard is a hedge fund that runs the most prestigious dating agency in the world, and incidentally employs famous scientists to do research.

afuzzyduck wrote:ITS MEANT TO BE FLUTTERSHY BUT I JUST SEE AAERIELE! CURSE YOU FORA!

DaBigCheez

Postby DaBigCheez » Wed May 25, 2011 6:27 pm UTC

Nottingham:
Spoiler:
I am laughing my head off right now that the scum throwing llamanaru under the bus, combined with Aaeri's analysis, might actually *save* llamanaru and get the *rest* of the scum killed XD

Sucks to be Misnomer, though - dice just fell the wrong way on those analyses, I guess...I think town should still have it just chewing their way through the 5 suspects, but if the town lynches Misnomer and he flips town and then they turn on Aaeri, or if for some reason the lynch/vigkill both hit someone outside the 3 Primary Suspects, there could be trouble. There's a good chance the doctor will get a successful protect tonight, though (only a few "likely/confirmed town", and scum would have to be crazy to hit one of the people under suspicion) - wonder if Sir Robin will use the ability tonight?
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

cjdrum

Postby cjdrum » Thu May 26, 2011 12:43 am UTC

Pre Sign Up Queue "Turbo" Notes wrote:must be designed to run with the number of signups received within one week, you can limit the number for the game, but be prepared to either step down or run it with what you have after a week of signups

Rainbow Mafia has been in signups for 10 days now.

What happens here? 4 players isn't much of a game :wink:

Also, Crush Nightless:
Spoiler:
I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY HERE.

Well...
Yeah we've lost. Even if John Citizen's lynched first, they'll know webby's the GF and lynch him.

LOSS FOR MAFIA. Win for lyncher. Win for town.
This sucks.
:shock:

Aaeriele

Postby Aaeriele » Thu May 26, 2011 1:22 am UTC

Did RoadieRich just like, forget about Chez Geek?
Vaniver wrote:Harvard is a hedge fund that runs the most prestigious dating agency in the world, and incidentally employs famous scientists to do research.

afuzzyduck wrote:ITS MEANT TO BE FLUTTERSHY BUT I JUST SEE AAERIELE! CURSE YOU FORA!

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu May 26, 2011 2:40 am UTC

I keep seeing a lot of people have to leave a game because they read a spoiler. I assume most of these are from someone searching, quoting or PMing and accidentally seeing through the spoiler in the simplified text. Would it be worth the trouble of preventing these accedents by adding some filler like so:

Examplegame (only everyone can read)
Spoiler:
SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler

This is the real text of my spoiler that will make you sad if you accidentally read it. Still pretty easily readable, but if you quote the message you won't see this text unless you scroll down.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Krong

Postby Krong » Thu May 26, 2011 3:36 am UTC

BoomFrog: I kind of like that idea... I'll try to remember to do that.

Maff Effect
Spoiler:
SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler
I think... we could possibly pull off a Mav lynch tomorrow. A lynch. Of Mav. Who is town.
Of course, this assumes that nothing backfires horribly today, but honestly infina's been asking for it so much I seriously doubt that. I have no idea what he's thinking.

Resistance:
Spoiler:
So, mission failed as expected. Right. Now the town puts everyone who wasn't on the double-failed mission on. Hopefully for scum's sake, the leader's power distribution helps out Chandani.

Also, it's really in scum's best interest to not have that discussion drag on. Town knows what they need to do, let them do it quickly.
The answer to the question "What’s wrong with the world?" is just two words: "I am." -- G. K. Chesterton (attributed)

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Thu May 26, 2011 3:44 am UTC

Maff Effect
Spoiler:
paddingggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg Krong has no vote for today. He will not be happy.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Thu May 26, 2011 4:36 am UTC

Resistance:
Spoiler:

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Thu May 26, 2011 8:29 am UTC

Sheriff:
Spoiler:
Bitch! (In the nicest way possible! :))

At first I was like, well, she got 2 of us, that leaves the scummiest looking one out their....but now she has us cold.

Not sure if I can turn this around. Going for the hail mary here, but it will be hard to convince everyone she is scum, and then I will be lynched tomorrow when she turns out to be town. I really gotta learn how to get my scum on!
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Thu May 26, 2011 8:49 am UTC

The accidental spoiler-reading seems to be happening a lot lately, but only lately. Which is interesting. Maybe we're just using the search functions more. Someone pointed out that that is the reason for the "canNever" in the title of this thread -- so that it's easier to exclude this thread from searches.

I have no problem with adding some space inside the spoiler, though.

Sheriff
Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler SpoileSpoiler Spoiler Spoiler r Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler SpoileSpoiler Spoiler Spoiler r Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler SpoileSpoiler Spoiler Spoiler r Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler SpoileSpoiler Spoiler Spoiler r Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler SpoileSpoiler Spoiler Spoiler r Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler SpoileSpoiler Spoiler Spoiler r Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler SpoileSpoiler Spoiler Spoiler r Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler

Aaeriele is too good at this point. I am assuming that she is also the cop and copped Tinman, giving her an unassailable townie grouping. I guess I have to hold out and see how GoP's strategy works out, possibly adding a vote/suspicion on him. But I think we've lost in any case.
Image <-- Evil experiment

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Thu May 26, 2011 9:26 am UTC

The other tip is to select "All Available" from the "Return first" drop down box. It won't break spoilers.

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Thu May 26, 2011 9:51 am UTC

Using Google for searching does break spoiler boxes, so be careful when doing so (but it also excludes whole pages, rather than just single posts, when you put a filter in, and makes the topic name nice and obvious so you can see where the message was posted without (hopefully) reading the first line.)

Elvish Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Postby Elvish Pillager » Thu May 26, 2011 2:38 pm UTC

Resistance:
Spoiler:
I don't get it. Why would a spy ever pass a mission at this point?
Also known as Eli Dupree. Check out elidupree.com for my comics, games, and other work.

GENERATION A(g64, g64): Social experiment. Take the busy beaver function of the generation number and add it to your signature.

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Thu May 26, 2011 8:32 pm UTC

Resistance:
Spoiler:
I think I'm going to NC mission 4 to make sure Lataro gets the plot powers. We're not going to get 5 rejections in a row, we need to fail mission 5.

I can't believe town didn't pass mission 3, I'd like to give myself some credit for that :P

Maff Effect:
Spoiler:
Hey everyone: when I point out the fucked up logical conclusion from the idiotic argument you are making, I AM NOT TWISTING YOUR WORDS OR PINNING THINGS ON YOU.

*deep breath*

Now then, FAOT better be town.

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Thu May 26, 2011 11:31 pm UTC

Elvish Pillager wrote:Resistance:
Spoiler:
I don't get it. Why would a spy ever pass a mission at this point?

Resistance:
Spoiler:
Mission 4 requires two fails for spies to win. Since they had two fails on mission 2, they know there were two spies in the three players selected for mission 2. They should know with absolute certainty (as Lataro pointed out) that if, for mission 4, they select the four players who were not on mission 2 there can only be at most one spy on mission 4 and, thus, the mission will succeed. Because of this, anyone who votes against such a team is obviously a spy, so spys should always accept that team and give the mission to town, hoping to win on mission 5, in order to retain their cover.

It's even more trivial given that both Lataro and Mav have claimed spy - any team without them is certain to succeed in mission 4, so there is no reason for the remaining spy to oppose the mission in any way.

Chandani

Postby Chandani » Fri May 27, 2011 12:00 am UTC

Resistance
Spoiler:
Since this spoiler isn't very important...no filler.
WHY IS EVERYONE POSTING SPOILERS ABOUT THIS GAME AM I FAILING MISERABLY ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT ME AAAH PARANOIA

Weeks
Hey Baby, wanna make a fortnight?

Postby Weeks » Fri May 27, 2011 12:17 am UTC

Wizardry v2.5:
Spoiler:
I feel I should say something. I no longer have any bearing whatsoever in the game, but I was part of the whole posting messages with bad code thing.

I played badly. I considered, to a point, that we were doing it wrong, but didn't act accordingly. I dropped the "might of" that the town used to accuse Lataro, but the rest was pure shit. I didn't think the Astral Echoes algorithm would favor long posts or whatever. I failed to consider that the code itself might be revealed to the town. I went like, "two posts out of about 20. We're alright!" I feel ashamed for my bad performance.

On the other hand, I never considered the game to be so serious or demanding, and I certainly would not have used cryptography of any kind, anyway. I thought choosing which spells were good was hard enough. I can't blame Aardvarki and ElectricHaze; I misjudged what I was getting into. As soon as I realized this, I attempted to get replaced. (I also happen to be swamped in Uni stuff and will continue to be in the near future. I thought I could handle it. I apologize for not being upfront and using this as an excuse.)

In any case, I think staying would have been worse, at least for me. I hope I haven't offended anyone or ruined anything. Sorry.
TaintedDeity wrote:Tainted Deity
suffer-cait wrote:One day I'm gun a go visit weeks and discover they're just a computer in a trashcan at an ice cream shop.
Dthen wrote:FUCK CHRISTMAS FUCK EVERYTHING FUCK YOU TOO FUCK OFF

DaBigCheez

Postby DaBigCheez » Fri May 27, 2011 12:25 am UTC

Resistance:
Spoiler:
So, nice weather we're having here! *cackles at Chandani*
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

greenlover

Postby greenlover » Fri May 27, 2011 12:46 am UTC

Resistance:
Spoiler:
spoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoiler

Pulling for scum over here. And I have got to say, that was one gutsy move, Chandani. I can't wait to see if it works.

cjdrum

Postby cjdrum » Fri May 27, 2011 12:47 am UTC

Resistance:
Spoiler:
I feel left out...

AND I'M THE ONE IN THE GAME!

That probably contributes to my left-out-ness, though, I guess...

DaBigCheez

Postby DaBigCheez » Fri May 27, 2011 1:05 am UTC

greenlover wrote:Resistance:
Spoiler:
spoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoiler

Pulling for scum over here. And I have got to say, that was one gutsy move, Chandani. I can't wait to see if it works.
Spoiler:
Only problem I have with it is...doesn't it tell you who *failed* the mission? Using the word *rejected* instead of *failed* could very well bring the whole thing down :/

Chandani

Postby Chandani » Fri May 27, 2011 1:11 am UTC

Resistance
Spoiler:
Hey, guess what? I don't want to place filler right now. So yeah.

All these spoilers... they're mocking me.
I think they're saying I did the wrong thing.
But what else was I supposed to do?
I could have said GoP said success, but it wouldn't clear me totally: obviously, while I know I'm not the spy, to the others, it would go back to me or Ibarra, and I rather have a clear target than a 50/50 chance. And if I framed GoP, it would be really easy to check his answer with Overheard Conversation... which isn't possible here.
Plus, I could still be checked with the above.
And then there would be the question of why I picked GoP over Ibarra, who I don't really trust.
While in both scenarios I'm open to the various plot powers which go around these scenarios... it just limits the things.
Plus, I just need to survive this mission pick... as long as I'm on this mission, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make it to the end.

I hope BN doesn't give me anything that reveals my role...

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Fri May 27, 2011 1:12 am UTC

Resistance:

Spoiler:
Why couldn't Chand say Ibarra failed the mission, rather than rejected it. It just makes the results look so fake...

Since BN is confirmed town, as in cjdrum, I'm thinking I should suggest that Mav NC's his team no matter what it is, so that I'll be on deck for M5 plot powers.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

jayhsu

Postby jayhsu » Fri May 27, 2011 1:32 am UTC

Resistance

Spoiler:
Honestly, people use Rejected and Failed interchangeably all the time. Many PMs attest to this.
-Jay

greenlover

Postby greenlover » Fri May 27, 2011 1:32 am UTC

DaBigCheez wrote:
greenlover wrote:Resistance:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Only problem I have with it is...doesn't it tell you who *failed* the mission? Using the word *rejected* instead of *failed* could very well bring the whole thing down :/
Resistance:
Spoiler:
True. That is certainly a point against Chandani. Still, the town might think that its just a different way of wording it, so there is still hope. /rooting for scum

dotproduct

Postby dotproduct » Fri May 27, 2011 1:34 am UTC

I've sent two mod-prods for Crush Nightless, so I'll probably need at least one replacement for that game.

greenlover

Postby greenlover » Fri May 27, 2011 1:34 am UTC

Chandani wrote:Resistance
Spoiler:
Hey, guess what? I don't want to place filler right now. So yeah.

All these spoilers... they're mocking me.
I think they're saying I did the wrong thing.
But what else was I supposed to do?
I could have said GoP said success, but it wouldn't clear me totally: obviously, while I know I'm not the spy, to the others, it would go back to me or Ibarra, and I rather have a clear target than a 50/50 chance. And if I framed GoP, it would be really easy to check his answer with Overheard Conversation... which isn't possible here.
Plus, I could still be checked with the above.
And then there would be the question of why I picked GoP over Ibarra, who I don't really trust.
While in both scenarios I'm open to the various plot powers which go around these scenarios... it just limits the things.
Plus, I just need to survive this mission pick... as long as I'm on this mission, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make it to the end.

I hope BN doesn't give me anything that reveals my role...
Resistance (Chandani may NOT read until after the game):
Spoiler:
Just wanted to mock you some more with a couple more spoilers. Mock. Mock. Mock. ;)

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Fri May 27, 2011 1:43 am UTC

Homestar:
Spoiler:
ameretrifle wrote:Also, I forgot Mav was playing in this game, and that scares me.

amt is scared of Mav - she must be scum! Lynch her!

Aardvarki

Postby Aardvarki » Fri May 27, 2011 2:59 am UTC

Wizardry (Players can not read):
Spoiler:
Weeks, I completely understand - and while I did have high expectations, I'm certainly not disappointed.

To be honest, I think the wine spilled as a result of the (amusing) way the algorithm worked out is pretty amazing. If the algorithm actually "favored long posts", the town would actually have the name key in addition to most of the names. To be honest, my original expectation of Echoes was that it would be used to spread wine - and it seems to have done it rather well, despite the fact that the wine is a little less cloudy than in many games (maybe it's white wine?)

All in all, I say no worries. To be honest, as I said in one of my longish posts earlier, the game is designed to withstand something crazy like the scum self-destructing on D1. I have a strong affinity for very strong Serial Killer-style roles, and designed Sorcerers to be a formidable foe, even if it were just a Sorc against a town.
-Aa
Weeks wrote:The only Dexter I really know is the one with the lab

Krong

Postby Krong » Fri May 27, 2011 4:31 am UTC

Resistance:
Spoiler:
The electrical resistance of an electrical element measures its opposition to the passage of an electric current; the inverse quantity is electrical conductance, measuring how easily electricity flows along a certain path. Electrical resistance shares some conceptual parallels with the mechanical notion of friction. The SI unit of electrical resistance is the ohm (Ω), while electrical conductance is measured in siemens (S).

An object of uniform cross section has a resistance proportional to its resistivity and length and inversely proportional to its cross-sectional area. All materials show some resistance, except for superconductors, which have a resistance of zero.

The resistance of an object is defined as the ratio of voltage across it to current through it:

R = V / I

For a wide variety of materials and conditions, the electrical resistance R is constant for a given temperature; it does not depend on the amount of current through or the potential difference (voltage) across the object. Such materials are called Ohmic materials. For objects made of ohmic materials the definition of the resistance, with R being a constant for that resistor, is known as Ohm's law.

In the case of a nonlinear conductor (not obeying Ohm's law), this ratio can change as current or voltage changes; the inverse slope of a chord to an I–V curve is sometimes referred to as a "chordal resistance" or "static resistance".

Continued at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrical_resistance

(Of course, this is only a spoiler if you were planning on rediscovering the science behind electricity for yourself, but the players don't know that.)
The answer to the question "What’s wrong with the world?" is just two words: "I am." -- G. K. Chesterton (attributed)

DaBigCheez

Postby DaBigCheez » Fri May 27, 2011 4:33 am UTC

Krong wrote:Resistance:
Spoiler:
The electrical resistance of an electrical element measures its opposition to the passage of an electric current; the inverse quantity is electrical conductance, measuring how easily electricity flows along a certain path. Electrical resistance shares some conceptual parallels with the mechanical notion of friction. The SI unit of electrical resistance is the ohm (Ω), while electrical conductance is measured in siemens (S).

An object of uniform cross section has a resistance proportional to its resistivity and length and inversely proportional to its cross-sectional area. All materials show some resistance, except for superconductors, which have a resistance of zero.

The resistance of an object is defined as the ratio of voltage across it to current through it:

R = V / I

For a wide variety of materials and conditions, the electrical resistance R is constant for a given temperature; it does not depend on the amount of current through or the potential difference (voltage) across the object. Such materials are called Ohmic materials. For objects made of ohmic materials the definition of the resistance, with R being a constant for that resistor, is known as Ohm's law.

In the case of a nonlinear conductor (not obeying Ohm's law), this ratio can change as current or voltage changes; the inverse slope of a chord to an I–V curve is sometimes referred to as a "chordal resistance" or "static resistance".

Continued at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrical_resistance

(Of course, this is only a spoiler if you were planning on rediscovering the science behind electricity for yourself, but the players don't know that.)

Resistance:
Spoiler:
XD XD XD XD XD
+500 Science Collaboration Points

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Fri May 27, 2011 4:54 am UTC

I still need a replacement for Maff Effect.
Last edited by VectorZero on Fri May 27, 2011 5:43 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

cjdrum

Postby cjdrum » Fri May 27, 2011 5:00 am UTC

What happened to not putting spoilers in replacement request posts? ;)

All that makes a lot of sense, actually.

PhoenixEnigma

Postby PhoenixEnigma » Fri May 27, 2011 5:06 am UTC

Wizardry
Spoiler:
My spell/feat choices: Probably not as thought out as they should have been. Seriously, self, "Preparedness: Shield"? WTF? I am not NaR.

....does that mean I'm a raptor?
"Optimism, pessimism, fuck that; we're going to make it happen. As God is my bloody witness, I'm hell-bent on making it work." -Elon Musk
Shivahn wrote:I am a motherfucking sorceror.

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Fri May 27, 2011 5:44 am UTC

Maff Effect:
Spoiler:
infina really needs to stop asking loaded questions.

Don't know what you're talking about, cjdrum! :wink:

webby

Postby webby » Fri May 27, 2011 8:40 am UTC

Crush Nightless:
Spoiler:
Well that's unfortunate. Same people as Dethy (apart from Lataro instead of Krong) and I'm again going to be lynched on dodgy reasoning. Not that I've played that great. I just really hope this wasn't a massive townie battle between me and John Citizen and mpolo turns out to be the godfather.

What would really make this game is if more_people was the lyncher for me and came along and lynched me now. :P

Return to “Mafia”