The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
VectorZero
Posts: 471
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:22 am UTC
Location: Kensington

Re: DISCUSSION THREAD/Gojoe canNEVER be trusted

Postby VectorZero » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:29 pm UTC

Maff Effect:
Spoiler:
*clap clap* Oh good, so that's still working.
Scum may have just shot themselves in the foot, by NOT TALKING TO EACH OTHER IN THEIR DAYCHAT. :roll:
Krong has no vote, thanks to infina, and has also been quote sniped by Mav, which lowers his lynch threshold.
Misnomer hacked tlc's vote to infina. He hasn't told his scum buddies.
BigNose has just blocked Misnomer's vote so he can force a lynch on Mav. :shock: And hasn't told the others.
Scum should know by now that there are abilities to decrease lynch susceptibility: infina spelled it out in thread.

So, we're actually now at 2 votes on Krong, who takes one less vote to lynch, 2 on Mav, 2 on infina. 2 players votes don't count, and 2 haven't yet voted. With 2 hours to go, and 2 players are going to die. How about that.

Edit after lynch: as it turns out, a lucky escape for scum.
Van wrote:Fireballs don't lie.

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: DISCUSSION THREAD/Gojoe canNEVER be trusted

Postby DaBigCheez » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:25 pm UTC

VectorZero wrote:Maff Effect:
Spoiler:
*clap clap* Oh good, so that's still working.
Scum may have just shot themselves in the foot, by NOT TALKING TO EACH OTHER IN THEIR DAYCHAT. :roll:
Krong has no vote, thanks to infina, and has also been quote sniped by Mav, which lowers his lynch threshold.
Misnomer hacked tlc's vote to infina. He hasn't told his scum buddies.
BigNose has just blocked Misnomer's vote so he can force a lynch on Mav. :shock: And hasn't told the others.
Scum should know by now that there are abilities to decrease lynch susceptibility: infina spelled it out in thread.

So, we're actually now at 2 votes on Krong, who takes one less vote to lynch, 2 on Mav, 2 on infina. 2 players votes don't count, and 2 haven't yet voted. With 2 hours to go, and 2 players are going to die. How about that.

Edit after lynch: as it turns out, a lucky escape for scum.

Maff Effect:
Spoiler:
Hooray, it turns out I'm winning the game for scum! :lol: At least some of my remaining suspicions were in the right place (though being suspicious of *everyone* makes that not mean much), but woooooo :roll:

My ability was to hack peoples' votes, but I was too afraid to use it - I wasn't certain enough of anyone, and hacking a vote for something which turned out to be wrong would not only contribute to a townie lynch (as would have happened here) but also add suspicion to the player I hacked, making them easier to lynch in the future. It seems like a MUCH more useful scum power, but that might just be because I was so uncertain of all my potential vote targets.

I can no longer burn scum's house down with the lemons :(
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: DISCUSSION THREAD/Gojoe canNEVER be trusted

Postby DaBigCheez » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:23 pm UTC

Maff Effect:
Spoiler:
Five bucks to whoever chooses today's Renegade option XD
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
John Citizen
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:25 pm UTC

Re: DISCUSSION THREAD/Gojoe canNEVER be trusted

Postby John Citizen » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:27 pm UTC

Maff Effect:
Spoiler:
Is the ultra-mega-LyLO a herring, or is there really a 4-scum team? I know that krong and BN are scum, but until VZ's last spoiler, I was under the impression that mpolo was scum as opposed to misnomer. If it's both, however...
"Yields falsehood when preceded by its quotation"
yields falsehood when preceded by its quotation.

User avatar
weiyaoli
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:21 pm UTC

Re: DISCUSSION THREAD/Gojoe canNEVER be trusted

Postby weiyaoli » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:13 pm UTC

Wizardry:
Spoiler:
I feel proud for making scum waste a NK on the weakest town role. :)
And you thought I was crazy...

User avatar
Elvish Pillager
Posts: 1009
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:58 pm UTC
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.
Contact:

Re: DISCUSSION THREAD/Gojoe canNEVER be trusted

Postby Elvish Pillager » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:21 pm UTC

weiyaoli wrote:Wizardry:
Spoiler:
I feel proud for making scum waste a NK on the weakest town role. :)

Wizardry (for weiyaoli):
Spoiler:
Well, you know, you COULD have also cast Armor, and made the scum waste an NK on NOT killing the weakest town role. :P
Also known as Eli Dupree. Check out elidupree.com for my comics, games, and other work.

GENERATION A(g64, g64): Social experiment. Take the busy beaver function of the generation number and add it to your signature.

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: DISCUSSION THREAD/Gojoe canNEVER be trusted

Postby DaBigCheez » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:02 am UTC

Scummer:
Spoiler:
C'mon, Chandani. Town needs to know there's a Blue Laser faction out here too, and you've lost your powers now that I'm dead anyway, you should claim and let people know what's up...don't let the dulcet, soothing, rhyming tones of my death have been in vain :3

Not sure what they'd *do* with that info, but still, it should be p. obvious Cheat Commandos are town, now that two Commandos have died, and, well, flipped town. Kinda curious why BoomFrog's even asking about it...(Note: Haven't gone back through these spoilers yet :P)
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
ameretrifle
Vera
Posts: 814
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:32 am UTC
Location: Canada (the flat bit)

Re: DISCUSSION THREAD/Gojoe canNEVER be trusted

Postby ameretrifle » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:12 am UTC

Scummer:
Spoiler:
I have no idea how that interpretation of the PMs I intercepted turned out so wrong. Dang flavorblindness. But I'm sure it was at least amusing?

Also, damn scum and their killing people who post.

Also also, I am waiting for my new shiny thing. Though it cannot possibly fill the hole in my heart caused by the loss of Chizuko. ;_;

User avatar
VectorZero
Posts: 471
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:22 am UTC
Location: Kensington

Re: DISCUSSION THREAD/Gojoe canNEVER be trusted

Postby VectorZero » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:56 am UTC

John Citizen wrote:Maff Effect:
Spoiler:
Is the ultra-mega-LyLO a herring, or is there really a 4-scum team? I know that krong and BN are scum, but until VZ's last spoiler, I was under the impression that mpolo was scum as opposed to misnomer. If it's both, however...
Spoiler:
There are a number of ways scum could speed lynch, with towns help, due to vote related abilities.
Van wrote:Fireballs don't lie.

User avatar
cjdrum
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:51 am UTC
Location: BACK

Re: DISCUSSION THREAD/Gojoe canNEVER be trusted

Postby cjdrum » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:04 am UTC

Sailors of Sea Nine (remember, players can't read):
Spoiler:
So we have a Doctor, but no Cop. This is probably my least favourite setup of the four, but will probably play out in a very interesting way.

Let's see what happens...
:shock:

User avatar
Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!
Posts: 464
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:34 pm UTC
Location: Groningen City

Re: DISCUSSION THREAD/Gojoe canNEVER be trusted

Postby Mavketl » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:30 am UTC

Maff Effect:
Spoiler:
After my current games are over, I'm out of here for a while. This is starting to bother me rather a lot.
Not A Raptor: Mav can be a very wily and dangerous player.
roband: Mav has a way of making everything seem right.
ELEPHANT SCIENCE - MORE ELEPHANT SCIENCE
- NEW: Elephant Math!

User avatar
VectorZero
Posts: 471
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:22 am UTC
Location: Kensington

Re: DISCUSSION THREAD/Gojoe canNEVER be trusted

Postby VectorZero » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:37 am UTC

Mavketl wrote:Maff Effect:
Spoiler:
After my current games are over, I'm out of here for a while. This is starting to bother me rather a lot.
Spoiler:
:(
Van wrote:Fireballs don't lie.

User avatar
greenlover
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:56 am UTC

Re: DISCUSSION THREAD/Gojoe canNEVER be trusted

Postby greenlover » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:37 pm UTC

VectorZero wrote:
Mavketl wrote:Maff Effect:
Spoiler:
After my current games are over, I'm out of here for a while. This is starting to bother me rather a lot.
Spoiler:
:(
Spoiler:
Aw . . . :(

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: DISCUSSION THREAD/Gojoe canNEVER be trusted

Postby roband » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:44 pm UTC

resistance:
Spoiler:
haha, nice Mav. Although, I don't know if it's going to have the effect she was hoping for.

Surely her using it seals the deal and just drags the whole thing out?

User avatar
Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!
Posts: 464
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:34 pm UTC
Location: Groningen City

Re: DISCUSSION THREAD/Gojoe canNEVER be trusted

Postby Mavketl » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:45 pm UTC

Resistance:
Spoiler:
Huh, apparently I can't count 48 hours?

Either way, this probably won't do much to help. But I'm not one to give up! :P
Not A Raptor: Mav can be a very wily and dangerous player.
roband: Mav has a way of making everything seem right.
ELEPHANT SCIENCE - MORE ELEPHANT SCIENCE
- NEW: Elephant Math!

User avatar
BigNose
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:45 pm UTC
Location: Swine's Down, UK

Re: DISCUSSION THREAD/Gojoe canNEVER be trusted

Postby BigNose » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:02 pm UTC

Resistance 2

Damn you Roband
And you Mavketl

:?
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: DISCUSSION THREAD/Gojoe canNEVER be trusted

Postby roband » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:14 pm UTC

huh?

User avatar
Elvish Pillager
Posts: 1009
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:58 pm UTC
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.
Contact:

Re: DISCUSSION THREAD/Gojoe canNEVER be trusted

Postby Elvish Pillager » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:37 pm UTC

Wizardry:
Spoiler:
Jeez mpolo, real town wouldn't claim "not a lot of room for spells". Town players with low spell counts are supposed to cover that fact up, like weiyaoli did. EDIT: Or if you're really a town protector, don't give away information, but don't *lie*. The proper response to "Why didn't you take Detect Good?" is "I don't think it would be prudent for me to claim my role at this time, and without doing that, I can't give a meaningful discussion of why I chose the spells I chose."

Also, I just noticed that you can warp-cast Spell Armor vs. Shield on a player who's being followed by a magic missile. :twisted: (Although it's not as good in this version either, because Shield, Dispel, Spell Armor, and Panacea can all deal with missiles.)
Also known as Eli Dupree. Check out elidupree.com for my comics, games, and other work.

GENERATION A(g64, g64): Social experiment. Take the busy beaver function of the generation number and add it to your signature.

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: DISCUSSION THREAD/Gojoe canNEVER be trusted

Postby roband » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:23 pm UTC

I've been wanting an avatar change for a while. And now I'm in a game about Sailors, I can bust this out...

User avatar
Lataro
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:56 am UTC

Re: DISCUSSION THREAD/Gojoe canNEVER be trusted

Postby Lataro » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:17 pm UTC

Mavketl wrote:Maff Effect:
Spoiler:
After my current games are over, I'm out of here for a while. This is starting to bother me rather a lot.



Mass Effect (Mav Can read):

Spoiler:
Yeah, it's sucking being too good at one thing, for you, if you live to D2, you are assumed possible scum, for me, if anyone can think of any possible strat that would make sense to explain how I could be scum in any way, shape, or form, I am assumed scum.

Try modding, it's my revenge outlet. :twisted:
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

User avatar
greenlover
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:56 am UTC

Re: DISCUSSION THREAD/Gojoe canNEVER be trusted

Postby greenlover » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:36 pm UTC

Maff Effect
Spoiler:
Gotta say, I'm feeling sorry for Mav here. The arguments against her amount to "Hey! Her meta says that she must be scum!". Like. . .how can you defend against that?

User avatar
weiyaoli
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:21 pm UTC

Re: DISCUSSION THREAD/Gojoe canNEVER be trusted

Postby weiyaoli » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:44 pm UTC

Maff Effect:
Spoiler:
To be fair, the people accusing her on her meta are scum (As far as I can tell anyway).
And you thought I was crazy...

User avatar
_infina_
Posts: 391
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:55 pm UTC
Location: R'lyeh

Re: DISCUSSION THREAD/Gojoe canNEVER be trusted

Postby _infina_ » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:04 pm UTC

24 hours left to sign up for Marvel vs Capcomafia. If I have the minimum 4 players it will start, else it will be cancelled... :(
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

User avatar
ElectricHaze
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:54 am UTC

Re: DISCUSSION THREAD/Gojoe canNEVER be trusted

Postby ElectricHaze » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:09 am UTC

I need a replacement for Wizardry Mafia. Please PM me if you can take a spot. Thank you!
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.

User avatar
Adacore
Posts: 2755
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:35 pm UTC
Location: 한국 창원

Re: DISCUSSION THREAD/Gojoe canNEVER be trusted

Postby Adacore » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:51 am UTC

Wizardry:
Spoiler:
The more I think about it, the more convinced I become that Lataro is scum. Lots of both his and infina's posts make a lot of sense in the context of him being power-scum. I think the main reason I'm not more suspicious is because I hope I'm wrong. Maybe I am.

I wish there'd been more indication in the astral echoes PMs of what spells the GHW has taken. I'd love to use Arcane Sense on him, but I don't know what to check for. N2 Detect Good is probably pointless, sadly - if he is the HW then I'd bet anything he's got either Alter Alignment or Deception up tonight.

If I live to N3 I can start hitting people with Foresights, and the game-start illusion spells will have just expired. Then things get really interesting.

User avatar
Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!
Posts: 464
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:34 pm UTC
Location: Groningen City

Re: DISCUSSION THREAD/Gojoe canNEVER be trusted

Postby Mavketl » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:57 pm UTC

Maff Effect:
Spoiler:
It's taking all my strength to stick to "I'm not acknowledging that argument any longer" right now. I hope someone comes along and points out what a major scumster BigNose is being.
Not A Raptor: Mav can be a very wily and dangerous player.
roband: Mav has a way of making everything seem right.
ELEPHANT SCIENCE - MORE ELEPHANT SCIENCE
- NEW: Elephant Math!

User avatar
tastelikecoke
Posts: 1208
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:58 am UTC
Location: Antipode of Brazil
Contact:

Re: DISCUSSION THREAD/Gojoe canNEVER be trusted

Postby tastelikecoke » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:39 pm UTC

Maff Effect:
Spoiler:
It's a magically complex Xanatos Roullette set up by scum but really you can't see half of the things in my mind because I can't say it the mod says so! :| :| :|

After thought:
If I didn't vote for infina I would be modkill'd (vectorzero sent me a pm that unless I vote infina I would be modkill'd D3, also I can't day that I was affected by it)
But, I could save infina instead of Mav. If Mav is scum I would be an Hero!
But in reality, I don't think it would be worth to bet on Mav's scumminess for a chance of four townie deaths.

User avatar
ForAllOfThis
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:06 pm UTC

Re: DISCUSSION THREAD/Gojoe canNEVER be trusted

Postby ForAllOfThis » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:52 am UTC

Wizardry:
Spoiler:
Oh town, you do make me laugh. Mpolo went and claimed trap card. I'm going to silently drain it away and then when someone actually senses you for it mpolo, you'll look like scum. I get a free trap card as well :D. Unless that was his plan all along and it is a trap. If so, well played sir. Oh crap, it's a trap isn't it?

Edit: Apparently you can't drain L2 spells. DAMN! =(. Still if this spell claiming carries on, silent drain magic is going to screw town over.

User avatar
Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!
Posts: 464
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:34 pm UTC
Location: Groningen City

Re: DISCUSSION THREAD/Gojoe canNEVER be trusted

Postby Mavketl » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:48 pm UTC

Maff Effect:
Spoiler:
BigNose wrote:Mav has been playing as an Active Luker, apart from that 1 weekend when she stated that she wouldn't be able to post.
Obviously Mav cannot be excused from being superactive even given the fact that I've said I didn't have time due to real-life issues and the fact that I've asked for a replacement whenever one would be available. Because it would've been so much better for the game to just quit and get modkilled, right?

I can't believe nobody else is picking up on this. The one time I need someone with some townie cred to stand up and defend me...

On a side note: please don't let mpolo be the scum. please let it be Misnomer. I really want it to be Misnomer.

So who to pursue a lynch on today, Krong or BigNose?

BigNose: I think we might be able to get Krong to bus him. mpolo would get behind this and he has my ability (lower lynch threshold by 1) so that would probably be easiest right now.
Krong: tlc seems to be inclined to join me in this one. Then again, voting for Krong means he can double-vote me. Dangerous.

Edit: FUCK YES I think I have something solid on BigNose now.
Not A Raptor: Mav can be a very wily and dangerous player.
roband: Mav has a way of making everything seem right.
ELEPHANT SCIENCE - MORE ELEPHANT SCIENCE
- NEW: Elephant Math!

User avatar
ElectricHaze
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:54 am UTC

Re: DISCUSSION THREAD/Gojoe canNEVER be trusted

Postby ElectricHaze » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:54 pm UTC

I still need a replacement for Wizardry. Please send me a PM if you want the spot.
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.

User avatar
Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!
Posts: 464
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:34 pm UTC
Location: Groningen City

Re: DISCUSSION THREAD/Gojoe canNEVER be trusted

Postby Mavketl » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:13 pm UTC

Resistance:
Spoiler:
:twisted:

SO EXCITING.
Not A Raptor: Mav can be a very wily and dangerous player.
roband: Mav has a way of making everything seem right.
ELEPHANT SCIENCE - MORE ELEPHANT SCIENCE
- NEW: Elephant Math!

User avatar
tastelikecoke
Posts: 1208
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:58 am UTC
Location: Antipode of Brazil
Contact:

Re: DISCUSSION THREAD/Gojoe canNEVER be trusted

Postby tastelikecoke » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:45 am UTC

Maff Effect:
Spoiler:
Uuu! This is the first time I have been deduced as town. Oh what frabjous day!

User avatar
Elvish Pillager
Posts: 1009
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:58 pm UTC
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.
Contact:

Re: DISCUSSION THREAD/Gojoe canNEVER be trusted

Postby Elvish Pillager » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:52 am UTC

Wizardry 2.5:
Spoiler:
Lataro wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:If we are showing off tricks, I was considering the combo of casting Alter alignment then detect good right after. Guaranteed insane cop, almost nothing prevents it from working except maybe foresight and a well timed misdirect. I doubt anyone prepared that though, so this game I'm still considering AA in your spellbook as guaranteed scum.


This presumes that two casts of AA stack, and that the second doesn't just overwrite/refresh the first, which seems more likely to me.

Way to misunderstand the suggestion AND not read the rules (you got it right, but it's not "likely", it's a certainty, because it's WRITTEN IN THE RULES) at the same time.
Also known as Eli Dupree. Check out elidupree.com for my comics, games, and other work.

GENERATION A(g64, g64): Social experiment. Take the busy beaver function of the generation number and add it to your signature.

User avatar
Elvish Pillager
Posts: 1009
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:58 pm UTC
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.
Contact:

Re: DISCUSSION THREAD/Gojoe canNEVER be trusted

Postby Elvish Pillager » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:33 am UTC

With one solitary signup in nearly a week, perhaps it's time to move on past the Warhammer game?
Also known as Eli Dupree. Check out elidupree.com for my comics, games, and other work.

GENERATION A(g64, g64): Social experiment. Take the busy beaver function of the generation number and add it to your signature.

User avatar
Krong
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:49 am UTC
Location: Charleston, South Cackalacky

Re: DISCUSSION THREAD/Gojoe canNEVER be trusted

Postby Krong » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:27 am UTC

Elvish Pillager wrote:With one solitary signup in nearly a week, perhaps it's time to move on past the Warhammer game?

No, I disagree. Maybe if we didn't have a player problem across the board*, but we do. I see no point in speeding up the queue if no one's signing up for anything -- it just leads to wasted prep time and bad feelings for the mods.

We've had a couple games scrapped already, and near as I can tell, our active population is:

H*R: 15 living players (3 modkills at end of previous day)
Wiz: 17 living players (-1 for replacement needed)
ME: 7 living players
Sea Nine: 7 living players
Resistance: 7 players (about to end?)
Marvel v Capcom: 5 players (started with 5, designed for 20!)

And there's a ton of overlap between those games, too. (For instance, Gopher of Pern's in a bunch.)
If the signups were spotty here and there, we could blame it on mods choosing games that didn't interest people. But it's almost every game having trouble.

*Actually, the newbie games are doing alrightish. /me crosses fingers that these players will stick around and sign up for more


----


Homestar / Maff Effect
Spoiler:
SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler
DO NOT READ IF YOU'RE IN EITHER GAME!



I feel terribly tempted to make the argument "Mav is not scum just because she's alive" loudly and clearly in ME... because we may need it in H*R. Bad Krong, bad.

(Actually, I think it's a good thing to say in ME, because it probably adds townie cred while not really undoing the force of the argument in the readers' minds.)

In ME, I am really annoyed by BigNose right now. He voteblocked Misnomer yesterday, then acted horrendously scummy today while making me look like his scumbuddy. If the game was more complicated I'd honestly suspect he was a traitor. Fortunately the non-Mav town is not seeing it quite clearly, and there's a (weak) argument to be made that BN is scum trying to attach himself to me.

We may need to use our powers for a speedlynch. Unfortunately the timezones are not helpful, and there's no telling how reliable the vote switch power will be.

In H*R, I continue to just kind of sit around. I'm glad mpolo mentioned the more_armies mail and not me, given we'd talked about it in scumchat. I REALLY hope there is a listener, because we've got a lot of good, misleading info in those PMs.

I fail to see the point of answering the sbemails at all -- they know I'm scum, why would they listen? -- but it was kind of fun. Unfortunately, I just don't have the time for it.

---

Also, if Mav doesn't get lynched in Mass Effect, it's IMO a sad thing for this forum. That's the least townie I've seen her play as town, and if townie Mav at her worst is still unlynchable, there's no reason for scum to leave her alive past N1. Yay meta making everything boring, driving good players away :/

Also also, I hear there's this faction one can be on rare occasions called "TOWN". Apparently you don't have to be hiding things all the time? Or playing for the entire length of the game? It sounds like fun.
The answer to the question "What’s wrong with the world?" is just two words: "I am." -- G. K. Chesterton (attributed)

User avatar
Lataro
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:56 am UTC

Re: DISCUSSION THREAD/Gojoe canNEVER be trusted

Postby Lataro » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:11 am UTC

Krong wrote:
Elvish Pillager wrote:With one solitary signup in nearly a week, perhaps it's time to move on past the Warhammer game?

No, I disagree. Maybe if we didn't have a player problem across the board*, but we do. I see no point in speeding up the queue if no one's signing up for anything -- it just leads to wasted prep time and bad feelings for the mods.

We've had a couple games scrapped already, and near as I can tell, our active population is:

H*R: 15 living players (3 modkills at end of previous day)
Wiz: 17 living players (-1 for replacement needed)
ME: 7 living players
Sea Nine: 7 living players
Resistance: 7 players (about to end?)
Marvel v Capcom: 5 players (started with 5, designed for 20!)

And there's a ton of overlap between those games, too. (For instance, Gopher of Pern's in a bunch.)
If the signups were spotty here and there, we could blame it on mods choosing games that didn't interest people. But it's almost every game having trouble.

*Actually, the newbie games are doing alrightish. /me crosses fingers that these players will stick around and sign up for more


----


Homestar / Maff Effect
Spoiler:
SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler
DO NOT READ IF YOU'RE IN EITHER GAME!



I feel terribly tempted to make the argument "Mav is not scum just because she's alive" loudly and clearly in ME... because we may need it in H*R. Bad Krong, bad.

(Actually, I think it's a good thing to say in ME, because it probably adds townie cred while not really undoing the force of the argument in the readers' minds.)

In ME, I am really annoyed by BigNose right now. He voteblocked Misnomer yesterday, then acted horrendously scummy today while making me look like his scumbuddy. If the game was more complicated I'd honestly suspect he was a traitor. Fortunately the non-Mav town is not seeing it quite clearly, and there's a (weak) argument to be made that BN is scum trying to attach himself to me.

We may need to use our powers for a speedlynch. Unfortunately the timezones are not helpful, and there's no telling how reliable the vote switch power will be.

In H*R, I continue to just kind of sit around. I'm glad mpolo mentioned the more_armies mail and not me, given we'd talked about it in scumchat. I REALLY hope there is a listener, because we've got a lot of good, misleading info in those PMs.

I fail to see the point of answering the sbemails at all -- they know I'm scum, why would they listen? -- but it was kind of fun. Unfortunately, I just don't have the time for it.

---

Also, if Mav doesn't get lynched in Mass Effect, it's IMO a sad thing for this forum. That's the least townie I've seen her play as town, and if townie Mav at her worst is still unlynchable, there's no reason for scum to leave her alive past N1. Yay meta making everything boring, driving good players away :/

Also also, I hear there's this faction one can be on rare occasions called "TOWN". Apparently you don't have to be hiding things all the time? Or playing for the entire length of the game? It sounds like fun.


H*R/ME, Krong can read:

Spoiler:
I know, it's so relaxing being town, unless you are good at being scum, then you just get lynched because you might be scum and no one can tell though legitimate means.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

User avatar
Gopher of Pern
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 am UTC
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: DISCUSSION THREAD/Gojoe canNEVER be trusted

Postby Gopher of Pern » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:26 am UTC

Terminator Mafia only needs 2 more sign-ups to play!

New players preferred, but anyone is welcome.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

User avatar
more_people
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:12 am UTC
Location: Mirrodin

Re: DISCUSSION THREAD/Gojoe canNEVER be trusted

Postby more_people » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:47 am UTC

Elvish Pillager wrote:With one solitary signup in nearly a week, perhaps it's time to move on past the Warhammer game?

Yeah, I'm thinking about giving it another week before calling it dead.

User avatar
Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!
Posts: 464
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:34 pm UTC
Location: Groningen City

Re: DISCUSSION THREAD/Gojoe canNEVER be trusted

Postby Mavketl » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:00 am UTC

Maff Effect:
Spoiler:
This fucking sucks.

I don't blame Krong and BigNose for making those arguments, not really. It's not a fun experience for me, but they should be trying to win.

I do blame everyone who's taking those arguments seriously. Town doesn't deserve to win this if they can't see through this.


BigNose: I'm always scummy so that means I can't be scum this game, right?!
BigNose: Mav has never been lynched so that means she HAS to be scum, right?!
:roll:

Krong wrote:I don't think it's unreasonable to be suspicious of someone who is suddenly posting more useful content at LYLO after a lurky game.
LYLO is a much more important moment for town than for scum. Town can lose this day. Scum cannot.
Therefore, if you think I care more about the game now than before, it's likely because I'm town.
(Also it has nothing to do with caring but with having time to play.)


Edit for more Maff Effect:
Spoiler:
What's going on with BigNose? That looks bad. (Not bad as in scummy.)
Not A Raptor: Mav can be a very wily and dangerous player.
roband: Mav has a way of making everything seem right.
ELEPHANT SCIENCE - MORE ELEPHANT SCIENCE
- NEW: Elephant Math!

User avatar
Gopher of Pern
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 am UTC
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: DISCUSSION THREAD/Gojoe canNEVER be trusted

Postby Gopher of Pern » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:20 am UTC

Maff effect:
Spoiler:
Damn, I feel sorry for you Mav, especially as you came in to replace me!
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bessie and 43 guests