The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

b.i.o
Green is the loneliest number

Re: DISCUSSION THREAD/Gojoe canNEVER be trusted

Postby b.i.o » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:53 pm UTC

Death and Undeath roles will be going out tomorrow. If you want in, I think there are 2 slots left, so sign up before tomorrow.

Dark Loink

Postby Dark Loink » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:23 pm UTC

Buffy:
Spoiler:
Stop killing my mafia on d1! This hopefully not going to continue with other games. Next thing I know, I'm lynched d2, and Van really wasn't the mayor, van was working with the trio.
But. A hippo is strange. He has points, townish points...But. He is just too different.

Silknor

Postby Silknor » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:20 pm UTC

My totally secret game won't be totally secret for long, after all it's open! So sign up before it's too late!
Nikc wrote:Silknor is the JJ Abrams of mafia modding

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:35 pm UTC

Buffy (amt should read)
Spoiler:
Fuck it amt-esque flavor time.
Dawn's Journal, N1

Dear Diary,
My sister isn't talking to me too much like usual. Probably out doing slayer things. She's SO lucky, and she totally thinks she's all that just because she won some sort of mystical lottery to become a slayer. I could totally do everything she does if I had won that. And why aren't I a potential slayer. I mean, the magic from my blood transfers to her so she can act like the key, but it doesn't go the other way. Bullshit. Joss Whedon is totally losing his shit. Errrr.....I mean the people who....ummm.....magic....ummmm

So Willow should totally stop being so mean to me. All I want is to have some nice pretty magic stuff. This way if anyone else wants it they have to ask ME for once. But noooo I might be evil. Pfft. Like I would ever do anything evil. Well, maybe off Buffy if she pissed me off, but other then that, I'm totally legit. I am glad she re-ensouled Spike though. He's totally got the cute British thing going, but he isn't old like Giles. Well, I mean, he is old because he is a vampire, but he doesn't look old, and he doesn't act old either.

I want Tara to come back. I know she is here somewhere, and she was ALWAYS way nicer to me. Plus she would totally teach me spells and stuff. She doesn't think I'm too young like everybody else was.

I hate nights. All the vampires come out and Buffy says I can't go out and all my friends can and I won't have any friends left if she doesn't let me go out. At least they let me have a vote on who to kill. I should totally vote Buffy but I suppose if we get the vampires killed I can go out at night again.

Oh, and that icky Haxil demon. He's gotta go. I mean, I want to lose it to someone cute. Like Spike.

Love <3<3<3,
Dawn
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:

ameretrifle
Vera

Postby ameretrifle » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:45 pm UTC

Brooklynxman wrote:Buffy (amt should read)
Spoiler:
Fuck it amt-esque flavor time.
Dawn's Journal, N1

Dear Diary,
My sister isn't talking to me too much like usual. Probably out doing slayer things. She's SO lucky, and she totally thinks she's all that just because she won some sort of mystical lottery to become a slayer. I could totally do everything she does if I had won that. And why aren't I a potential slayer. I mean, the magic from my blood transfers to her so she can act like the key, but it doesn't go the other way. Bullshit. Joss Whedon is totally losing his shit. Errrr.....I mean the people who....ummm.....magic....ummmm

So Willow should totally stop being so mean to me. All I want is to have some nice pretty magic stuff. This way if anyone else wants it they have to ask ME for once. But noooo I might be evil. Pfft. Like I would ever do anything evil. Well, maybe off Buffy if she pissed me off, but other then that, I'm totally legit. I am glad she re-ensouled Spike though. He's totally got the cute British thing going, but he isn't old like Giles. Well, I mean, he is old because he is a vampire, but he doesn't look old, and he doesn't act old either.

I want Tara to come back. I know she is here somewhere, and she was ALWAYS way nicer to me. Plus she would totally teach me spells and stuff. She doesn't think I'm too young like everybody else was.

I hate nights. All the vampires come out and Buffy says I can't go out and all my friends can and I won't have any friends left if she doesn't let me go out. At least they let me have a vote on who to kill. I should totally vote Buffy but I suppose if we get the vampires killed I can go out at night again.

Oh, and that icky Haxil demon. He's gotta go. I mean, I want to lose it to someone cute. Like Spike.

Love <3<3<3,
Dawn

Buffy (Brook may read):
Spoiler:
...XD

...Okay, fine, you're totally in the Delicious Candy club now. <3

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:10 am UTC

Wizardry:
Spoiler:
I just want this game to be over now. Hopefully with a town win, so I'm vindicated in pushing for the massclaim. The other option, of course, was to try and evade the question on why I thought Az was scum and get a lynch through on someone else, relying on just myself to pull it out at the end. That would probably have been more epic if it'd worked - maybe I should've done that just for the style points.

I still think the massclaim was the way to go, though.

ElectricHaze

Postby ElectricHaze » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:18 am UTC

Sleepytown:
Spoiler:
Seriously? I've been acting scummy? I posted content, and while some people didn't agree with my thoughts on not discussing how to handle newspaper results until we started getting results, I don't think it was a particularly scummy point of view... So when it comes down to it because I voted Lataro in a post with clear stated reasons for my vote (Having 1 post, and downplaying major scum powers) Which he follows up with OMGUS posts, and a post telling everyone he isn't posting because we are useless and have not provided any content worthy of his posting in the two pages of discussion, and all it takes is hey EH is scummy lets vote them for everyone to just start piling on?

Arrrrrggggghhhhhh, I either suck way worse than I thought, or people are seriously being stupid in there, or Mav or adacore is the only town and the rest are 3 scum just piling on a vote near the deadline.

Sigh, Whatever.
END Rant.
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:31 am UTC

Buffy
Spoiler:
Dawn's Journal, N1, Ammended
Dear Diary,
Some icky demon...he...and I.....THIS IS ALL BUFFY'S FAULT! If my freak sister didn't have her freak destiny which made us move to this freak town I wouldn't have a demon baby. And now all the boys in school are going to think I am a slut or something. And I'll die. But boys first.

I suppose I should feel kinda better because she is being all big sistery and is gonna like, stick her neck out to save me, but its like total bs because she got me into this to begin with. And then if Glory finds out who I am. I mean, the note Buffy gave me telling me I was Dawn said to ignore that I was the key, but those trio dudes could like, totally summon her. Well, I mean, she is a god not a demon, so maybe. I should ask Tara, she'd know. And she would tell me.

Stupid demon. Of course, everyone is going to think this is my fault. Stupid Dawn getting stupidly pregnant with a stupid demon.

Stupid town.

Dawn

Edit: Buffy again
Spoiler:
Non-flavor: wtf how could mpolo possibly know I am Dawn? From gaining 3 items? Am I forgetting something about Dawn? Because he seems to be pulling this from thin air. Unless he has a cop. I gotta FTC him now don't I?

I had to go with the claiming strategy because I NEVER get those items. Really, the RNG hated me with that aspect.

Spoiler:

ElectricHaze

Postby ElectricHaze » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:53 pm UTC

Sleepytown:
Spoiler:
Well, I survived. We'll see how long that lasts I guess. That was a sucky day 1. I can only hope that everyone who jumped on me is scum.

Buffy:
Spoiler:
I am so lost. So much of the discussion revolves around flavor, none of which I understand. I feel pretty good about this lurker lynch though. I don't know why exactly, but Dr Ug is pinging me a bit... Probably because it seems like he actually is buddying up to AS a bit, which could be scum trying to tie themselves to a town player. My only concern is Krong brought it up, and he flipped scum, but if it worked AS would have been the likely lynch target, not Ug, and since it didn't work it looks like he was throwing suspicion on townies to try and save himself which would be a good job of distancing. Also, Ug could be part of another mafia faction...

It's the only lead I have at this point in the game anyhow... I feel so lost. Bigger games are definably not for me.
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:09 pm UTC

Everyone may read!

Aw, I just realized that the [L] in the Buffy thread probably stands for Large (game). Until now, I read it as the MSN Messenger (L) icon, a heart. Now I'm sad. :P

(It's weird because I haven't used MSN in years...)
Not A Raptor: Mav can be a very wily and dangerous player.
roband: Mav has a way of making everything seem right.
ELEPHANT SCIENCE - MORE ELEPHANT SCIENCE
- NEW: Elephant Math!

ElectricHaze

Postby ElectricHaze » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:42 am UTC

BigNose wrote:
ameretrifle wrote:
Krong wrote:Scrubs (for AMT):
Spoiler:
I think I would have checked the flavor a little more carefully, yeah. Though I think we would have both had growing concern that we were lynchers for each other, or wondered why such antagonistic characters were still alive that far in.

Also, not sure if you've seen the setup yet, but half my win condition was survivor. Kinda screwed that one up, didn't I?

I also wouldn't have let things get this far without finding scum among TS, vector, and Lataro. There was too much weirdness D1 for them to have all been townies.
Scrubs:
Spoiler:
Well, in the alternate universe where I'd saved you from a nightkill, I think I probably would've been willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. Particularly since you were the only one who would play with me. >_>
Just a quick resume, although I'll give all the details at the end of the game . . .
Spoiler:
Dr Cox: Doctor and 1-shot rez
JD: Doctor OR 1-shot, chose 1-shot
Karla: Doctor, but only if they didn't vote that day
Janitor: Doctor, but only every other night.
Chris Turk: SK with 1/2 win for killing the Patients
The Todd: Vig, with 1/2 win for killing the Patients
Dr Reid: Solitary Scum, with 1-shot lynch rez and 1-shot NK rez
Ted Buckland, Patient/Vanilla Town
Jordan, Patient/vanilla Town
Jill Tracy, Jester
Harvey, Patient/vanilla Town
Gift Shop Girl, Patient/vanilla Townie

All Doctor half-wins were to keep 1 of the Patients/vanilla Townies alive until end game.
It's only cos EH voted that AMT died. AMT had been targeted several nights and doctored by EH.

Scrubs:
Spoiler:
So, wait... If The Todd, Ted, and GSG, are the only ones left now, who is the last evil person? Is it you? I suppose it has to be. Well they are screwed then... Or is it still going on so that Aardvarki has a chance to kill the patient for his 1/2 win or something.

RoadieRich
The Black Hand

Postby RoadieRich » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:11 pm UTC

Somnambulist Amnesia Mafia (SAM):
Spoiler:
Tonight was rather effective, even if it did last longer than we really wanted it to. Future nights should be shorter, both as scum get lynched and we get used to the whole processing process. The funny thing was that the blockers were completely ineffective, either blocking someone without an active role, or someone who didn't get targeted.

One thing that did amuse me a little during yesterday's discussion is the assumption that there's no doctor. There is, it just fits under the super-role of "blocker", and protects against all actions done to that person, including switches, cops etc.

Dead players, if you want to PM me an email address, I can give you access to the mod-spreadsheet that contains all the game information. Non-players, you'll jsut have to wait until it's linked in thread. Serves you right for not signing up :P
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

weiyaoli

Postby weiyaoli » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:14 pm UTC

RoadieRich wrote:Somnambulist Amnesia Mafia (SAM):
Spoiler:
Tonight was rather effective, even if it did last longer than we really wanted it to. Future nights should be shorter, both as scum get lynched and we get used to the whole processing process. The funny thing was that the blockers were completely ineffective, either blocking someone without an active role, or someone who didn't get targeted.

One thing that did amuse me a little during yesterday's discussion is the assumption that there's no doctor. There is, it just fits under the super-role of "blocker", and protects against all actions done to that person, including switches, cops etc.

Dead players, if you want to PM me an email address, I can give you access to the mod-spreadsheet that contains all the game information. Non-players, you'll jsut have to wait until it's linked in thread. Serves you right for not signing up :P

Somnambulist:

Spoiler:
In other news, additional flavour should be present soon. (read: as soon as I write it)

Didn't have enough time for it to go out with the start of day message though.
And you thought I was crazy...

mister k

Postby mister k » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:16 pm UTC

somnambulist

Spoiler:
So apparently I'm a real cop? Well I guess failing to read the rules earlier keeps me covered. Now to get Ug lynched....

Buffy

Spoiler:
I'm feeling fairly invunerable currently, thanks to my role. If I have to, I can claim to protect myself, which means I can prove an asset to town.
Elvish Pillager wrote:you're basically a daytime-miller: you always come up as guilty to scumdar.

Elvish Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Postby Elvish Pillager » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:13 pm UTC

Somnambulist:
Spoiler:
NK'd, probably by scum? Well, I can't say this was particularly surprising!

Just read the spoilers. Apparently Dr Ug is scum too. Hee hee hee, I feel so awesome. My suspicion list at the end of the day, from scummiest to only-a-little-scummy, was:

Misnomer
mister k
Dr Ug
Felltir
roband
Entropy

I used a random distribution over those six, weighted towards the ones at the top, to decide both my actual target and cop claim. I actually targeted Misnomer, and I was going to claim to have copped Felltir.

I am positively miffed that I didn't get a rolecop result just because I snuffed it. :P
Also known as Eli Dupree. Check out elidupree.com for my comics, games, and other work.

GENERATION A(g64, g64): Social experiment. Take the busy beaver function of the generation number and add it to your signature.

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:46 pm UTC

ElectricHaze wrote:
BigNose wrote:
ameretrifle wrote:
Krong wrote:Scrubs (for AMT):
Spoiler:
I think I would have checked the flavor a little more carefully, yeah. Though I think we would have both had growing concern that we were lynchers for each other, or wondered why such antagonistic characters were still alive that far in.

Also, not sure if you've seen the setup yet, but half my win condition was survivor. Kinda screwed that one up, didn't I?

I also wouldn't have let things get this far without finding scum among TS, vector, and Lataro. There was too much weirdness D1 for them to have all been townies.
Scrubs:
Spoiler:
Well, in the alternate universe where I'd saved you from a nightkill, I think I probably would've been willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. Particularly since you were the only one who would play with me. >_>
Just a quick resume, although I'll give all the details at the end of the game . . .
Spoiler:
Dr Cox: Doctor and 1-shot rez
JD: Doctor OR 1-shot, chose 1-shot
Karla: Doctor, but only if they didn't vote that day
Janitor: Doctor, but only every other night.
Chris Turk: SK with 1/2 win for killing the Patients
The Todd: Vig, with 1/2 win for killing the Patients
Dr Reid: Solitary Scum, with 1-shot lynch rez and 1-shot NK rez
Ted Buckland, Patient/Vanilla Town
Jordan, Patient/vanilla Town
Jill Tracy, Jester
Harvey, Patient/vanilla Town
Gift Shop Girl, Patient/vanilla Townie

All Doctor half-wins were to keep 1 of the Patients/vanilla Townies alive until end game.
It's only cos EH voted that AMT died. AMT had been targeted several nights and doctored by EH.

Scrubs:
Spoiler:
So, wait... If The Todd, Ted, and GSG, are the only ones left now, who is the last evil person? Is it you? I suppose it has to be. Well they are screwed then... Or is it still going on so that Aardvarki has a chance to kill the patient for his 1/2 win or something.
YES
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

ElectricHaze

Postby ElectricHaze » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:59 pm UTC

Sleepytown:
Spoiler:
Oh, I am so fucked...

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:07 pm UTC

ElectricHaze wrote:Sleepytown:
Spoiler:
Oh, I am so fucked...

Sleepytown: EH can not read.
Spoiler:
Yeah, that kinda happens when you lead the lynch on town, obviously have issue with the NK'ed townie, and get your ass roleblocked into uselessness. Soon as the doc is dead or exposed you are as well. Have fun. :twisted:
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:31 pm UTC

Sleepytown: everyone may read!

Wheheh I'm enjoying those two ninjas way too much. I tried to explain it to my boyfriend when he asked why I was grinning at my laptop and I got a blank stare. IT WAS FUNNY TO ME ALRIGHT NOW SHUT UP EVERYONE. My mommy says I'm special...

AngrySquirrel
Hellish Sex Goddess

Postby AngrySquirrel » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:20 pm UTC

Sleepytown:
Spoiler:
So, I'm probably wrong. Probably both RoadieRich and Silknor are scum and I'm wrong on at least two of my suspects. But ohwell, it would be funny if I'm right. Hi to you getting a big target on my back though, oh well, I guess it's worth it.
Putting the fist into pacifist.

they/them/theirs

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:33 pm UTC

Sleepytown:
Spoiler:
First guess: Silknor, mpolo, Kellsbells.

And I'm going to change my mind a thousand times before this game is over. I have 4 people (including myself) that I consider town, and no clue about the rest.

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:35 pm UTC

Sleepytown:
Spoiler:
I've been acting really unlike my normal playstyle in this game. Possibly because it's a turbo and I'm pretty busy, but it feels weird - I'm sure I'm going to be pinging peoples' scumdars.

Not A Raptor

Postby Not A Raptor » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:45 pm UTC

Sleepytown:
Spoiler:
There is now a 33% chance of me being a miller. Also, I can't wait to see the reactions to my rewording of lyrics. I hope I can draw out a few scumtells with that bait, but I'm not too confident that that will happen. More likely, I'm simply confusing the fuck out of them... also an acceptable outcome.
Van wrote:I like simple games.

Like Wizardry.

WARNING: Is acting like NaR.
Kellsbells: NAR is a sillypants
Not_A_Raptor: :p
Kellsbells: That is my expert assessment

Krong

Postby Krong » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:24 am UTC

Buffy:
Spoiler:
For some reason my teamies have decided to start sending messages to me again... and...
Are they seriously planning on contacting Angel? That ruins the ONE LITTLE THING we had going for us! I hope they know what they're doing...
The answer to the question "What’s wrong with the world?" is just two words: "I am." -- G. K. Chesterton (attributed)

ameretrifle
Vera

Postby ameretrifle » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:35 am UTC

Krong wrote:Buffy:
Spoiler:
For some reason my teamies have decided to start sending messages to me again... and...
Are they seriously planning on contacting Angel? That ruins the ONE LITTLE THING we had going for us! I hope they know what they're doing...

Buffy:
Spoiler:
Oh, I forgot to tell you. Angel was silly enough to make a deal with the Haxil Beast before Buffy (read: I) beat the shit out of it. Guess who's de-souled and back on your side? XD

I mean. I tried to make it abundantly clear that this was a DEEEEEEMON. Without like outright saying "HEY DUMBASS DIDN'T YOUR MOMMY TEACH YOU NOTTO TAKE CANDY FROM A DEMON". And still we're 2 for 3 (and one non-response). That turned out just a bit more powerful than we expected. XD

(This may have something to do with the very violent nature of the Haxil Beast's departure... ;D)

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:02 am UTC

Buffy
Spoiler:
Doctor, please. I mean, if it could be any more obvious who to doctor, well....it couldn't be. ANd everyone seems to have caught on to my kleptomania (I did reading, remember that now, and assume thats what the object win condition is.

SERIOUSLY DOCTOR ME BEFORE I NEED TO ASK WILLOW TO!

Spoiler:

Krong

Postby Krong » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:05 am UTC

Turbo Traitor:
Spoiler:
An idea is going through my head. Gotta work it out... but it could very well be quite awesome.

Mafia Goon, btw.

ameretrifle wrote:
Spoiler:

Buffy:
Spoiler:
Oh, I forgot to tell you. Angel was silly enough to make a deal with the Haxil Beast before Buffy (read: I) beat the shit out of it. Guess who's de-souled and back on your side? XD

I mean. I tried to make it abundantly clear that this was a DEEEEEEMON. Without like outright saying "HEY DUMBASS DIDN'T YOUR MOMMY TEACH YOU NOTTO TAKE CANDY FROM A DEMON". And still we're 2 for 3 (and one non-response). That turned out just a bit more powerful than we expected. XD

(This may have something to do with the very violent nature of the Haxil Beast's departure... ;D)

Buffy:
Spoiler:
Man, if that little bugger saves us, imma have to make a song singing its praises.
Wait, what? You're Buffy?!?!

Well done. I had suspicions -- those Buffy posts weren't exact enough to be a cop result, and they didn't look like flavor from someone else -- but if someone had claimed Buffy, I'd have believed them all game long.
The answer to the question "What’s wrong with the world?" is just two words: "I am." -- G. K. Chesterton (attributed)

ameretrifle
Vera

Postby ameretrifle » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:12 am UTC

Krong wrote:Turbo Traitor:
Spoiler:
An idea is going through my head. Gotta work it out... but it could very well be quite awesome.

Mafia Goon, btw.

ameretrifle wrote:
Spoiler:

Buffy:
Spoiler:

Buffy:
Spoiler:
Man, if that little bugger saves us, imma have to make a song singing its praises.
Wait, what? You're Buffy?!?!

Well done. I had suspicions -- those Buffy posts weren't exact enough to be a cop result, and they didn't look like flavor from someone else -- but if someone had claimed Buffy, I'd have believed them all game long.

Buffy:
Spoiler:
No, no, there's a Buffy. She just didn't actually have anything to do with driving the Haxil beast away. XD Man, I have to learn to communicate one of these days.

Buffy has a species-cop and the motivational speech every Day, basically everything in quotes in that section. Because I write around everything. XD

Not A Raptor

Postby Not A Raptor » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:13 am UTC

Buffy:
Spoiler:
What in the name of all that is tantalizing could you people possibly be saying about the game in there?
Van wrote:I like simple games.

Like Wizardry.

WARNING: Is acting like NaR.
Kellsbells: NAR is a sillypants
Not_A_Raptor: :p
Kellsbells: That is my expert assessment

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:47 am UTC

Buffy:
Spoiler:
GRAH SLOW. I'm not sure if I'm going to do large games after this one. I mean, the roles (as far as I know them), the flavour, the mechanics, all great. But apparently half of the players can't be bothered to keep up, and that just brings the whole thing down so much. :(

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:19 pm UTC

I suppose I should put a few spoilers out there…

Somnambulist:

Spoiler:
I guess I really show up as the vigilante now. At least I hit scum on my kill. Presumably I get one more shot if I don't get lynched, but I doubt I will survive the night.

Buffy:

Spoiler:
I am playing Faith -- which means that I have a night kill. However, if I miss, I have a chance (which I am suspecting is 100%) of going bad, presumably SK. Which means that I'm playing essentially as vanilla unless I find a really strong lead.

Sleepytown:

Spoiler:
I'm doing a really bad job of playing scum in this one. And it seems that names 1-3 match mafia players 1-3, name 4 is the cop, which leads to the supposition that name 5 is the doctor and name 6 the reporter... Could this game be totally non-randomized?
Image <-- Evil experiment

AngrySquirrel
Hellish Sex Goddess

Postby AngrySquirrel » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:34 pm UTC

Buffy:
Spoiler:
This spoiler shall be done in character:
YOU PEOPLE ARE SLOOOOOW. Here I've been at the Bronze all night long and I want to go home now and sleep, like. Can't we just lynch someone and get it over with? Nobody ever listens to me! I need my beautysleep! Not that I'm not beautiful already, but like, I don't want to get all wrinkly and old. I'm pretty sure the person I'm partying with isn't all good either, seriously, why must I be surrounded by such total lame ass losers!?

Sleepytown:
Spoiler:
I suspect mpolo and kells to be working together. They've got remarkably similar views on who they're suspicious of. Although still very unsure about this. However, the big question is, who's the third? Silknor, adacore or RoadieRich? Wuh, weren't there more people in this game? I feel like I'm forgetting about someone.

Buffy and Sleepytown:
Spoiler:
So I'm pretty convinced that I currently have my vote on scum in both these games. What do I do now? Keep nagging people to vote? Try to convince others that I'm right? Well, I can't know that I'm right, I'm just fairly sure, and whatever I say people have no reason to trust me either way. *frustrated*
Putting the fist into pacifist.

they/them/theirs

Elvish Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Postby Elvish Pillager » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:00 pm UTC

Traitor:
Spoiler:
If I was a townie in the Traitor game (I'm not in the game at all, actually), I would immediately out my traitor, and ask their other two supporters to confirm it. Why? Because guaranteeing myself at least a half win is better than having a chance to lose completely. Once a traitor is outed, they have no reason not to out the entire mafia team, which allows the town to eliminate all the mafia (and we could go by the initiative of one of the other traitor's supporters, which would guarantee lynching a non-traitor without giving away any information.) If the vanguard uses their extra NK on the outed traitor, that'd mean the vanguard doesn't have it left to use on the second traitor. The kill-controller could still spite the town by killing mafia (they have about a 2/3 chance of hitting the other traitor if both sides play optimally), but they're guaranteed to lose at that point.

I think 1/3 to win, 2/3 to half win is better than the town's chances otherwise.

If the town subscribes to this strategy, they can conclusively out one traitor and prove that it's not mafia ruse, without giving away any information about who the other traitor is. Theoretically, from any of the mafia members' perspectives, it could be an elaborate town ruse to get the vanguard to misdirect their kill, but I don't think anyone would believe that since it would be virtually impossible to coordinate.

Hmm... if encryption is allowed, I can think of an even better strategy! Each player should post a public key, and then each player should post a secret message to each other player. No townie has any reason not to do this, so anyone who *doesn't* do this must be mafia. If a single true mafia goes along with this plan, then the traitors can use it to out the mafia team with relative safety, and if *no* mafia does it, then the mafia team is de facto outed by the fact that they're the six player who didn't participate, and the townies can tell each other who the traitors are, and use that to coordinate their lynches.
Last edited by Elvish Pillager on Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:03 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Also known as Eli Dupree. Check out elidupree.com for my comics, games, and other work.

GENERATION A(g64, g64): Social experiment. Take the busy beaver function of the generation number and add it to your signature.

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:22 pm UTC

Sleepytown:
Spoiler:
I've decided that I'm going to trust ElectricHaze. And mostly trust AngrySquirrel. I'm about 85% confirmed townie, so the three of us should be able to figure this out, right? Right?

Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread

Postby Sungura » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:31 pm UTC

Turbo Traitor
Spoiler:
haha just kidding! What, you really think from "confirming" posts I can pick out the mafia? :P
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:58 pm UTC

Sungura wrote:Turbo Traitor
Spoiler:
haha just kidding! What, you really think from "confirming" posts I can pick out the mafia? :P

Spoiler:
Knowing you, yes!
Image <-- Evil experiment

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:46 pm UTC

Buffy
Spoiler:
*twitch*

Must not pick up amulet, let town use it first.

*twitch*

Spoiler:

ameretrifle
Vera

Postby ameretrifle » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:27 pm UTC

Buffy:
Spoiler:
Dammit brook take the shiny thing. TAKE IT.

It won't even hurt him, I just wanna see a post restriction on someone. XD Sue me, I like post restrictions...

(That and everyone is whining about the game being slow. Well, do something, then! ;D)

kellsbells
Queen of Cupcakes

Postby kellsbells » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:43 pm UTC

It's been way too long since I've had spoilers to resist reading. I forgot how hard it was!

Sleepytown:
Spoiler:
Whether we all get lynched or not, everyone's gonna be pretty impressed with how quickly some people picked up on the mafia trio. I'm a bit sad it's so obvious already. Not my ideal return to scum play.
A good pun is its own reword.
L wrote:A day without kells is a day not worth living.

ElectricHaze

Postby ElectricHaze » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:56 pm UTC

kellsbells wrote:It's been way too long since I've had spoilers to resist reading. I forgot how hard it was!

So hard to resist, but the anticipation makes it all the more satisfying when it comes time to read them.
Sleepytown:
Spoiler:
God, I just want to get killed in this game so I can read these spoilers to see if I'm right or if everyone is laughing at how bad I'm playing. Being roleblocked every night is no fun at all. At least I'm doing some good by staying alive and tying up that roleblocker, but I'm probably also keeping the doc from doing anything but saving my ass. Maybe I'll draw out the Torture ability and free up the watcher to do some good, but I don't see why that should happen since I'm plain old vanilla as long as this keeps up.

Return to “Mafia”