The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

jimbobmacdoodle

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:04 pm UTC

Draculafia/Smalltown (not safe for players of either game):
Spoiler:
Following on from my Draculafia post above, being a scum not only with team-mates, but day chat is such a contrast to hopelessly outmatched lone-scum! I'm able to bounce ideas off others and everything, rather than having to devise mad plans all on my own, with no way of conferring.

On the topic of Smalltown, in case any spectators are wondering, I lied with my results from N1, as I got zero anti-town. I'm expecting that to backfire spectacularly sometime in the next two to three days, but it was not a good idea to hand town a group of 7 non-scum players. The odd thing is that patzer is one of those, yet he looks so incredibly scummy (and therefore from my point of view alien, though lone wolf is possible). Sadly, there aren't quite enough days left to systematically kill each of the players not confirmed non-alien, so we're going to have to somehow bump off a couple of the other people via lynches or other player kills, or narrow down the search further. If things are looking desperate around D5, I might have to reveal some of this information, and that I am in fact a wolf, in the hope that we can kill off the remaining aliens, but that's a long way off yet.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

dimochka
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Postby dimochka » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:46 am UTC

Smalltown
Spoiler:
I was 80% done with my analysis and misread the end time :( anyways... who killed me and why ?? was i right on my reads or something?
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread

Postby Sungura » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:10 pm UTC

smalltown
Spoiler:
Whew. Finally done with the big-analysis-post. That took over an hour. I had to though. I used my hide last night, which saved me from Weiolyi's death - they selected me as lover - and so I am open to attack tonight. Lawrence will be a more logical target to doctor, so I am probably dead. I have to do my usual attempt to lead the town from beyond the grave by leaving a huge well rounded post. Old style and meta caught up with me anyway. Goodbye, cruel town. I will be shocked if I survive the night.
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:49 am UTC

Smalltown
Spoiler:
ConMan, I feel your pain.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:16 pm UTC

Smalltown

Spoiler:
So, I sent in my archaeological dig on weiyaoli since it looks fairly obvious he was the wolf kill being the other mason claim. Should have crucial data D3 then. Some wild spec about the secret role: ConMan is actually MiB, and if he's alive D6, the invasion can't happen and the aliens lose.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:22 pm UTC

smalltown
Spoiler:
i laid it all out, cue my death tonight, and hopefully i am correct enough that people follow me after i die
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:15 am UTC

Smalltown
Spoiler:
Patzer is so obvioujester/druid or whatever it's ridiculous.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:30 pm UTC

Smalltown
Spoiler:
I think I've done everything I could to save patzer from the lynch, any more and people will definitely notice. Even now I feel exposed.
I really don't understand her plays, maybe she's deliberately setting herself up as Jester?
I still find it likely that there is a breadcrumb in her 'letter' to freezeblade but is it for a public reveal later or a message to me? The icelandic keys might be a clue to that but I just don't see it.

patzer

Postby patzer » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:15 pm UTC

Smalltown

Spoiler:
Okay, I've messed up a bit, not played as well as I could have. It's difficult, keeping track of 22 players!
Rather unfortunately, Sabrar and I are Lovers. Hopefully Sabrar can manage to stay alive until day 4, when their role will become useful.

I'm basically trying to convince everyone that I'm third party, just to get left alone.

IMO the aliens are overpowered this game, and the town is in a tricky position. At least we managed to lynch a werewolf yesterday.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands. –Douglas Adams

Van

Postby Van » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:31 pm UTC

Smalltown
Spoiler:
Oh man. Miss the obvious almost-claim and then call attention to them in thread. Good job, Van :(
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Postby crucialityfactor » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:48 am UTC

Smalltown

Spoiler:
patzer is playing a weird game. Looking forward to seeing their role.

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:25 am UTC

smalltown
Spoiler:
so patzr and sabrer together, eh? WHO CALLED IT. Lovers, I betcha.

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:56 am UTC

smalltown
Spoiler:
Finally on a computer. Posted in the thread. I hope that people lay off of Patzer, pretty sure scum are making an easy double target. They may be dead tonight, anyway. We have a lot of "known town" outed at this point. Great going, guys.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:56 am UTC

Draculafia:
Spoiler:
Odd, assuming Suzaku hasn't missed it, there is still anti-town out there! Not much I could have done to stop all that thought, especially not helped by forgetting what dimochka had said re. jailing earlier. I do find it odd that some of the others so simply dismissed the genuine possibility of it being essentially MYLO - here's how it could have been: 1) dimochka is a recruiter, and recruited Vytron N2. 2) That leaves town (including me) at 5 v 2. Moody had made it clear he had no plans to jail, so that puts it at 3 v 3 after my lynch, because dimochka can safely recruit Madge. After that, nothing can stop scum winning. Same logic applies if anybody else is recruited previously and Vytron didn't kill scum N3.

Anyway, sorry my fellow vampires, I don't think there was all that much I could have done to save the game.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:58 am UTC

Draculafia:
Spoiler:
Didn't miss anything, and yes, it's game over.

Just didn't want to steal Dj's thunder.
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:20 pm UTC

Smalltown
Spoiler:
I see what RR did. Im a fan. He looks more townie now.

crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Postby crucialityfactor » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:23 pm UTC

Smalltown

Spoiler:
I'm going to be annoyed if I get nightkilled over a hunch from an active lurker who got lucky hitting werewolf n1 or by a guy who was completely inactive for 95% of the game.

Wish I could have been more active and gotten more quality posts in. Just too hard with 26 people. If I play in another game it'll have to be a smaller one. Just don't have the hours and hours to pour over 20+ people's posts. I seriously couldn't tell you my opinion on like 2/3 of the players right now.

dimochka
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Postby dimochka » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:07 am UTC

Smalltown
Spoiler:
Damn it Amy, you ARE right about me being Alien, except your reasoning is completely wrong. I would have made the exact same post had I been town (I think). And neither Suzaku nor Frogman have anything to do with me, nor do I care about trying to buddy up with town. UGH.
If CF does investigate me, I will try to imply that I am a druid or jester. That's the main reason I haven't mentioned those in my analysis of Frogman/Suzaku
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:58 am UTC

smalltown
Spoiler:
hope i am right, if i am wrong, i am dead

then again, if i am right, i am probably dead, because no scum faction will want me around

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:25 pm UTC

Smalltown:
Spoiler:
I'm sad how meta from my ONLY game so far (in which I happened to be scum) is being used by Van. Ignoring D3 when I had an actual cop result against me, I'm reasonably confident that the way I've been playing in this game and in Draculafia are roughly the way I would play in any game. That being said, any response to that is simply going to come across as defensive. Seriously, don't use meta from someone you've only seen a single game playing. Any "vibes" they are giving off could easily be their general meta, regardless of alignment. Just because you happen to be right is going to irritate me even more, because come game 3, people are going to see me playing the same way, and have the same feelings again, regardless of my alignment (ok D3 Draculafia was a bit different, but that was because there was a cop result on me).

If I survive to D4, I might well declare myself as wolf, and openly reveal the lack of aliens on the lynch wagons, if any are still alive. I'll die soon afterwards, probably, but it might keep alive that little bit longer.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:22 pm UTC

Smalltown:
Spoiler:
Haven't fully crunched the numbers yet, but I believe we're getting a high number of deaths tonight :twisted:
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

SDK

Postby SDK » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:24 pm UTC

Smalltown:
Spoiler:
It's a shame freezeblade is going to be lynched. He'll probably blame me. :o
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

Snark

Postby Snark » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:38 pm UTC

Smalltown:
Spoiler:
As a Serial Killer in a large game, I accept that I have to get lucky to win. That's fair, and actually pretty fun. Not having a high expectation of winning takes some pressure off and lets me just do as good as I can.

That said, it's hard to tell what luck I should be aiming for. Should I plan on getting lucky with cops and kill a tracker? Or vice versa? Should I get lucky with town killing scum and shoot a townie or do I need to help find and NK aliens?

Also fun to note is that no one has noticed (or at least mentioned) that patzer is a miller so jimbob's actual result is a 1 out of 5 scum list, which actually makes a pretty townie group of people.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

RoadieRich
The Black Hand

Postby RoadieRich » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:05 pm UTC

Smalltown:
Spoiler:
Waiting with bated breath...
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

RoadieRich
The Black Hand

Postby RoadieRich » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:40 pm UTC

Smalltown:
Spoiler:
Well, shit.
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:43 pm UTC

Smalltown

Spoiler:
I guess I'm not surprised I'm dead. Main things I want to know is who killed me and who visited weiy. Might get that in the spoiler binge. I was also going to use the line "knowledge was their treasure" for the dead aliens, but town has been spared from that awful quote.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:44 pm UTC

Smalltown
Spoiler:
I really am sorry about not being able to play more in that game, I realized I'm more suited for smaller games, not a 26 person monstrosity. That being said, man, that's a shit-ton of deaths. I was unaware that there would be a "there are still aliens remaining" note at the start of days.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:49 pm UTC

Smalltown

Spoiler:
i knew inwas dead, rr or not

crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Postby crucialityfactor » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:51 pm UTC

Smalltown

@Sungura
Spoiler:
Knew you were Mason. Should have put it in spoilers somewhere to make myself look cool. :P Good to play with you again!
Last edited by crucialityfactor on Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:55 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:53 pm UTC

Smalltown:
Spoiler:
Fun fact: Sir Gabriel and Snark have simultaneously killed the same target two nights running.
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:57 pm UTC

Smalltown @cf
Spoiler:
its ok i knew you were scum ;)

I knew i was dead because i was playing too well and leading the lynches ona werewolf and alien and calling a couple the others right was too good to let live. I saved myself night one, i was weioylis lover but i hide saving myself from that death.

crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Postby crucialityfactor » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:00 pm UTC

Sungura wrote:Smalltown @cf
Spoiler:
its ok i knew you were scum ;)

I knew i was dead because i was playing too well and leading the lynches ona werewolf and alien and calling a couple the others right was too good to let live. I saved myself night one, i was weioylis lover but i hide saving myself from that death.

Spoiler:
I was originally investigating you N1 to see if you were going to hide or not. But decided to change it last minute. Oh well, was fun.

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:01 pm UTC

Smalltown @cf
Spoiler:
i suspect it was RR who got you but i am sure people will try and get him for killing me. I assumed he put me on his list in effort to protect me but it was too much wine for scum to let be and i couldnt be allowed to live anyway.

patzer

Postby patzer » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:39 pm UTC

Smalltown

Spoiler:
Well. That was unexpected.

Two aliens and a werewolf dead; this is looking quite promising for us.
Shame Sabrar and I had to die so soon.

I won't read any spoilers yet, in case a replacement is needed.

Edit: Ah, I see both Bessie and Sabrar are on the replacement list. In that case, I probably won't be needed, and will have a read through everyone's thoughts in the Gojoe.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands. –Douglas Adams

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:33 am UTC

Smalltown

Spoiler:
Darn. Just when I was about to unveil my master plan.
Haven't looked at spoilers as I'd like to be back (though it's getting unlikely with most of the lurkers already replaced).
This is what I would have posted (paraphrased and abbreviated):

- Aliens want as few kills as possible if they can't control it.
- They could have prevented #HBC | YOLOSWAG from killing by mind-controlling him with the instructions: "Vote for Lawrencelot or use your ability to kill him." The fact that they did not implies that #HBC | YOLOSWAG is an Alien. (Aliens could also be dumb and not realize this, but very unlikely after 3 weeks).
- They could have also prevented either Suzaku or RoadieRich from killing by mind-controlling Suzaku with the instructions: "Vote for RoadieRich or don't use your power during the night." The fact that they did not implies that one of them is an Alien. Most likely RoadieRich as frogman confirmed Suzaku but can't be one himself. He could be Traitor but very unlikely given the early focus from him on Suzaku.

I figured out the above in the middle of D2 but waited to have confirmation, as it was possible that Aliens forgot to post mind-control actions D1. I'm quite sure that Sungura had the same line of thought much earlier than me and hope she left instructions with Lawrencelot to post, otherwise #HBC | YOLOSWAG will confuse everyone.

The role/power distribution is very unlucky for town.

@patzer: good game, was nice to have someone I could trust. Please let me know if there was any breadcrumb in this and the following 'hint' or you just wanted to appear doing so. Also if you have any advice on what I should have done differently, please don't hesitate to tell me.

crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Postby crucialityfactor » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:43 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:Smalltown

Spoiler:
Darn. Just when I was about to unveil my master plan.
Haven't looked at spoilers as I'd like to be back (though it's getting unlikely with most of the lurkers already replaced).
This is what I would have posted (paraphrased and abbreviated):

- Aliens want as few kills as possible if they can't control it.
- They could have prevented #HBC | YOLOSWAG from killing by mind-controlling him with the instructions: "Vote for Lawrencelot or use your ability to kill him." The fact that they did not implies that #HBC | YOLOSWAG is an Alien. (Aliens could also be dumb and not realize this, but very unlikely after 3 weeks).
- They could have also prevented either Suzaku or RoadieRich from killing by mind-controlling Suzaku with the instructions: "Vote for RoadieRich or don't use your power during the night." The fact that they did not implies that one of them is an Alien. Most likely RoadieRich as frogman confirmed Suzaku but can't be one himself. He could be Traitor but very unlikely given the early focus from him on Suzaku.

I figured out the above in the middle of D2 but waited to have confirmation, as it was possible that Aliens forgot to post mind-control actions D1. I'm quite sure that Sungura had the same line of thought much earlier than me and hope she left instructions with Lawrencelot to post, otherwise #HBC | YOLOSWAG will confuse everyone.

The role/power distribution is very unlucky for town.

@patzer: good game, was nice to have someone I could trust. Please let me know if there was any breadcrumb in this and the following 'hint' or you just wanted to appear doing so. Also if you have any advice on what I should have done differently, please don't hesitate to tell me.

Spoiler:
We had the same thoughts as well. Also adding to this is that YOLO and RR were and probably still are on our shortlist of aliens. Real D1 results had no one scum voting Opus.

Snark

Postby Snark » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:51 pm UTC

Secret Santa is in signups. Everyone go sign up!
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:14 pm UTC

Smaltown
Spoiler:
i left notes on hbcyolo and to keep an eye on rr as i dont trust him 100% and lawrence does completly not like rr. Whether or not what i left works or not i dont know. I did my best but probably missed some things, i have clearer thoughts now with n2 results.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:41 pm UTC

Smalltown:
Spoiler:
I told the truth today. Thanks to knowing yesterday's results, and that Echo is one of my scum buddies, I also know that Snark is scum. From chat we're not sure if he is a lone wolf or alien. We think Yoloswag is a lone wolf, due to his behaviour, so he is the current night kill target. With the number of kills out there, I think it is potentially MYLO tomorrow, although that would require all us werewolves to survive tonight and all the otherkillers to bump each other off, without being blocked or picking the same target! If any traitors and/or survivors are amongst the survivors, I might play ambassador werewolf and point at someone to kill tomorrow!
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:34 pm UTC

Smalltown
Spoiler:
fuck you RR. Fuck you. May the wrath of Lawrence avenge my death. Not townie? NOT TOWNIE?! I gave you lots of aliens and werewolves.

Return to “Mafia”