The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby kalira » Thu May 11, 2017 8:27 pm UTC

Shakespeare III (aka King Lear II: Lear We Go Again*):

Spoiler:
Attempting to avoid spoilers in case a replacement is needed -- guessing it will happen at least once with 16 players in... well, play. Just want to say that I am not entirely sure what is going on at the moment, but I approve of the shenanigans and people getting into their... actors?

IRL I often do backstage work for a theatre, so this will likely be quite amusing to me.

*Sadly I cannot take credit for this pun. Credit to the gentlemen behind The Play That Goes Wrong for that one. It was on the Oliviers last year.
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby BoomFrog » Thu May 11, 2017 8:58 pm UTC

Shakespeare III
Spoiler:
NOTE: I didn't receive traits from you and so used some of the discarded ones. You "submitted" adaptable, lazy and chatterbox.
Sorry.
:oops:
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
freezeblade
Posts: 1033
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Oakland

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby freezeblade » Thu May 11, 2017 9:55 pm UTC

[Shake your Spear at] Shakespeare III
Spoiler:
Well, dimochka pretty much 100% received one of the characteristics I submitted, Narcissistic. The question is what that means for their power. The aspects I submitted were "Effusive, Narcissistic, Gossip-y." I received Gossip-y and generous.

As a gossip, I can send an anonymous PM to a player in the night (through the mod). As a Generious person, I have three one-shot abilities that I may gift to players: doctor, tracker, and magical medallion (protects the user against supernatural attacks). I'm guessing this means night kills, possibly from a scum faction which are "ghosts."
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4341
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby LaserGuy » Fri May 12, 2017 2:51 am UTC

Spoiler:
I am scum (again) of the phantom faction along with plytho and dimochka. I have roleblocker again. I may never get to play town :(.

I will automatically OMGUS vote anyone who votes me (vengeful). I am also a chatterbox, as you may have noticed.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby mpolo » Fri May 12, 2017 6:42 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Shakespeare III
Spoiler:
NOTE: I didn't receive traits from you and so used some of the discarded ones. You "submitted" adaptable, lazy and chatterbox.
Sorry.
:oops:


Spoiler:
It wasn't too bad, since there were lots of discarded ones to use. And I trusted that you would get back.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4341
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby LaserGuy » Fri May 12, 2017 11:34 pm UTC

Shakespeare

Spoiler:
I have a feeling I'm going to get lynched for the first time this game.
Last edited by LaserGuy on Sat May 13, 2017 11:12 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby BoomFrog » Sat May 13, 2017 1:43 am UTC

@LaserGuy I assume that is a Shakespeare III spoiler but you should label it. We might have two games running at once some day. :p
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
#HBC | YOLOSWAG
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:07 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Sat May 13, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Shakespeare

Spoiler:
I'm scum again! I'm 3/4 on this site, lol.

My teammates are DeathStalker and Bard. Disappointed in the former, time to bus. Verdict's out on Bard, but he tends to look scummy as mafia from memory. He's competent though so we'll see. I laughed at him and I being paired.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4341
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby LaserGuy » Sat May 13, 2017 11:12 am UTC

Thanks

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby BoomFrog » Sun May 14, 2017 5:04 am UTC

Shakespeare III
Spoiler:
My current prediction is SDK and deathstalker and possibly a third member are jesters/suicidal. If they all die then they won and everyone else loses. It's balanced because town gets a warning after the first death's role reveal. But it's still too far fetched and I can't forgive deathstalker's play without confirmation.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4341
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby LaserGuy » Tue May 16, 2017 6:59 am UTC

Shakespeare:
Spoiler:
Not playing too well this game. Trying to make ridiculously long posts while in character is too taxing and I'm making a lot of mistakes. I figure that there's a decent chance I'll be lynched today, and I'll be very surprised if I live through tomorrow.

As an aside, I am voting bessie right now because I suspect that SDK's ability is that he is unable to change votes if bessie has one on her, and am testing this theory. If it's true and I can manage to pass this intelligence back to scumteam, it could be very useful down the road. So far this seems... maybe possible. SDK is reading me as the only scum, but still has his vote on freezeblade from earlier. So, maybe? We'll see if he changes votes later.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrar » Tue May 16, 2017 7:16 am UTC

Shakespeare III
Spoiler:
I wonder if SDK's role is also duplicated and there is another town-town pair and that's why someone can so easily accept it. It might be too much confirmation though. Really don't want to be played by SDK-bessie scumteam. SDK has a very good track record of reading me so should realize that I'm Town. Also he seems to defend jimbob similarly to Dark Tower. Makes me wonder about him...

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby BoomFrog » Tue May 16, 2017 10:09 pm UTC

Shakespeare
Spoiler:
Well scum hunting is a lot easier when a third of the players are basically confirmed power town.

Dimochka, freezeblade, Madge and JimBob all brought up supernatural powers bring referenced in their PM. My PM also says my power doesn't work vs the supernatural.
This indicates to me that they must be town because scum would be too cautious about sharing their hidden info in their PM as they don't know what town would know. Make is still slightly suspicious since she was so late to the party, but I think JimBob's early talk about supernatural powers saved him from me pushing his lynch today.

Sabrer has hinted he also noticed this trend so I'm hoping he gets my secret message that I noticed he noticed.

I have a feeling that Bessie is scum this game. Although she hasn't made any connections I can see so maybe SK?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
#HBC | YOLOSWAG
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:07 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Tue May 16, 2017 10:28 pm UTC

Shakespeare III
Spoiler:
LaserGuy looks like the traitor and think Bard signaled it to me

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrar » Wed May 17, 2017 6:53 am UTC

Shakespeare III
Spoiler:
Damn it feels good to be confrontational without any hidden agenda. :D
Apologies to any town that gets in the way but playing chill and just observing is not for me.

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby kalira » Wed May 17, 2017 3:56 pm UTC

Shakespeare III:

Spoiler:
Happy to be subbing in after D1 is over -- I hate D1. I like thinking about setup, and it doesn't help people see me as town as much as I'd like. I'm a survivor (*cue Destiny's Child*), so I'm going to predict at this point that I'm going to lose. I do have a tendency to get killed in games, plus I find that on this board, survivors aren't exactly given a lot of defensive options or ways to avoid death. It's pretty much just "don't seem too townie, don't seem too scummy, and good luck not getting something redirected onto you" (this should not be looked on as a denigration of mpolo's setup, just a general trend I've noticed). People usually seem willing to let a jester get their win if it won't end the game, but not so much with a claimed survivor (which of course, makes some sense, as it's possible they're scum hiding as "don't kill me, I'm an indy").

In case freezey didn't say something in his spoiler for Shakespeare, I have two "powers."
Gossipy: Send a single anonymous PM to a player (through the mod) each night
Generous: Give out powers to other players: 1-shot doc, 1-shot tracker, 1-shot magic medallion that can be used to protect the user against "supernatural attacks"

I'm thinking the doc and the medallion are distinct enough that the medallion isn't just a "self-doc," which probably means supernatural attack is separate from scum kill. I'll probably send someone a PM mentioning the fact that there are supernatural forces willing to attack us -- that should be good to send to either town or scum, as they'll both want to mention it in game. If I'm wrong and supernatural attacks = scum kill, then I'll just be distracting from scumhunting though. Not sure what (if any) power to give out today.
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby mpolo » Wed May 17, 2017 3:59 pm UTC

In case anybody is scrolling through and didn't check the replacements thread, I am looking for a replacement for Shakespeare Mafia. I'd love to avoid modkilling…
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby SDK » Wed May 17, 2017 4:26 pm UTC

Shakespeare III
Spoiler:
Well, my claim to know bessie is town sparked a lot of discussion at least! We'll see if I end up regretting that choice. The way everything went down there, scum probably think I'm up to something, which maybe means that they'll actually avoid killing her out of fear. I guess my chances of winning kind of go up as the game gets longer, so I guess lynching town DethStalker is okay. Such a lazy lynch though. I wonder why Sabrar didn't like my BoomFrog case? Feels pretty solid to me.

As a whole, we've been kind of all over the place this game, with presumably town people disagreeing on a lot of reads. We need some leadership, so I've decided to protect Sabrar. Making that claim early seems to have pushed a lot of people into the "reluctant to follow scumSDK" category. Not great. My reads don't mean much if I can't get people to join me. If I can get Sabrar on my side, we should be able to work together to crack this game open.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby plytho » Wed May 17, 2017 5:34 pm UTC

Shakespeare III
Spoiler:
I’m quite happy to be scum this time. My team mates are LaserGuy and Dimochka, two experienced scum players so that’s looking good. I feel like I’m doing pretty well. I was afraid my play would be quite obviously different but I seem to be read as townie again. It probably helps that there are (likely) two scum teams so 1. I have to do actual scumhunting and 2. I don’t have to try and protect a lot of teammates in my reads.
I was a bit afraid about outing LaserGuy’s voting (dis)ability. But I think it would have been discovered anyway (SDK was pushing it).


I think I’ll be quite active during the night so I’m writing this post ahead of time to serve as a decoy. I’m pretending to be a bored townie with too much time on his hands during the night. I also pre-wrote some other decoy posts to post in other parts of the forum.
he him his

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby BoomFrog » Wed May 17, 2017 6:16 pm UTC

Shakespeare III
Spoiler:
I've never seen town do one where they didn't consider the possibility of their chosen lynch target being scum.

If DethStalker is mafia then I expect SDK is not mafia and I will not be dead. :D

Also that's a longer analysis that I don't have time for.

P.S. I've had a lot of fun playing the fool. I like the posting restrictions, but I'm very glad they are not mandatory. Hopefully I have time to get back into it next week.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrar » Thu May 18, 2017 6:45 am UTC

Shakespeare III
Spoiler:
Crazy thought of the morning: What if scum-team is {BoomFrog, jimbob, SDK} with maybe a fourth (bessie? :) ).

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4341
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby LaserGuy » Thu May 18, 2017 5:01 pm UTC

Shakespeare:

Spoiler:
So... FWIW, I have no idea what info Bard has on me. If he's town, he's got a REALLY unfortunate role. Best guess is he's some sort of Guardian Angel. I can also envision something like his role requires me to outlive Gopher (the other king)? But yeah, I have no idea what to make of that.

Pleasantly surprised that I wasn't lynched though. If BoomFrog vs. SDK fight blows up D2, I may even be able to keep on going a bit longer. Otherwise, I've done a pretty good job of incriminating half of the players in the game.

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby bessie » Fri May 19, 2017 4:55 am UTC

Shakespeare III
Spoiler:
Hello Gojoe thread! Sorry I haven’t posted here yet but RL was so busy I didn’t even have time to play the game the way I usually do. I’m so thrilled that YOLOSWAG and BoomFrog are playing because they are both great and I didn’t get to interact much with them in The Dark Tower. And bonus, DGames Bard, an experienced player from another site, looks like he will be a lot of fun too.

I was disappointed about DethStalker though and had to delete a bit of ranting from my posts on the last day. I’m just glad BoomFrog and dimochka (and plytho and LaserGuy the previous day) are more mature than I am and posted something polite(ish) before I got to my computer. I’ve waited a long time to play Shakespeare mafia again (S1 was one of my favorite games, S2 I couldn’t play because as the regular spectators may remember RealBessieDog was dying). I love love love Shakespeare. I have a large collection of DVDs including the BBC Television Shakespeare box sets. The only writer I love more than Shakespeare is Joyce. I was just upset because I devoted so much of my very limited D1 time trying to bring him in to the game (as did many others) instead of role playing. I probably shouldn’t have posted this entire paragraph because everything isn’t about me me me and I realize I make a poor showing for my arrogance, selfishness, self-absorption, etc, but gotta keep the spectators amused.

OK, game stuff. This reads list by BoomFrog is really quite incredible and I am totally blown away. It is a completely accurate read of every player in the game, written in character, and gives no clues as to BoomFrog’s alignment. I think he would have posted the same thing as town or as scum. This
I think you know, but for GoP's benefit I will reveal,
I won't be content until I have more of it.
makes me want to cry because I will never be able to make a post that clever.

And dear spectators, don’t let what SDK said here fool you. He knows he is totally working me over. My brain knows he’s scum but my heart knows he’s town, just the way he planned it.

I’m masons with SirGabriel which is great because he’s such a good player and I have a lot of respect for his reads, so it’s good to know I can trust him.

I find myself liking Sabrar a lot this game, which is not our usual situation, as he and I clash quite a bit. Of course part of it is probably because he was scum in the previous two games I played with him (that and we think a lot alike, oh and also I’m passive-aggressive anyway so conflict). If I were a doctor I would protect him tonight.

Was LaserGuy trying to communicate his voting restriction to his scum partners? He didn't need to "Unvote Znirk", he could Unvote, vote for someone else, or do nothing. I'll feel pretty bad for him if he's mafia again. I hope he doesn't get discouraged and quit.

More later, I’m trying to figure out what the fuck SDK is up to. Yeah right.

User avatar
Gopher of Pern
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 am UTC
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Gopher of Pern » Fri May 19, 2017 8:05 am UTC

Shakespeare III:

Spoiler:
I don't know if it's better for me personally if dethstalker turns out town or scum. If he's town, people will assume I was trying to get towny points because I knew he was town. If he was scum, people might assume that I was his scum buddy trying to save him.

Oh well. Maybe scum will kill me off instead.

Hopefully I get a result tonight.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby plytho » Fri May 19, 2017 8:21 am UTC

Shakespeare III

Spoiler:
I sure hope I don’t get killed by the other scum team tonight for looking too townie. Getting killed N1 in the last game was a bummer.
he him his

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby mpolo » Fri May 19, 2017 11:10 am UTC

Shakespeare III:

Spoiler:
Currently, it looks like town is going to lose a one-shot doctor, the Phantoms are going to know the identity of the protector against Phantom attacks.
But there are several powers not yet in…
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
#HBC | YOLOSWAG
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:07 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Fri May 19, 2017 7:07 pm UTC

Shakespeare III

Spoiler:
Wait, Sabrar replaced Znirk despite us killing him?

I understand not wanting to modkill but I really don't agree with this. It completely defeats the point of our night kill :?

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrar » Fri May 19, 2017 7:39 pm UTC

Shakespeare III
Spoiler:
Still Town (Cop for normal scum), still suck at reading people.
So glad I volunteered as replacement in case of NK. It's like I knew something.

User avatar
heuristically_alone
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:43 pm UTC
Location: 37.2368078 and -115.80341870000001

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby heuristically_alone » Fri May 19, 2017 10:31 pm UTC

Shakespear III

Spoiler:
Wow Dethstalker had a really sucky post restriction for a new player. I hope he comes and plays again.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

Beatrice wrote:The world is quiet here.

Tillian wrote:You should call yourself Rapunzel. Y'know, because rap puns sell.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4341
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby LaserGuy » Sat May 20, 2017 7:22 am UTC

Shakespeare:

Spoiler:
So, we killed jimbob and I roleblocked Madge. Our powers are pretty strong. I'm roleblocker, dimochka is a ninja killer of sorts (he can be watched, but not tracked/followed), and plytho is a rolecop (targeting SDK). We have terrible vote restrictions though... basically we have no power to influence the vote in practice. I put an OMGUS vote on anyone who votes me. plytho can only cast a vote once per day. dimochka must have a vote on himself at all times, which can include a self vote. So we're pretty badly hamstrung there.

It was a toss up between Madge/jimbob for the kill. I think jimbob ended up a fine choice. This comment from Madge though, makes me reasonably certain that she's a cop:
anyway I got a reply back from mpolo: looks like I was roleblocked, or jailed or whatever and my action wasn't merely overlooked. It's OK though, I'm not a one-shot so I can just try again tomorrow.

so we may need to kill her tonight, especially considering this
Oh, speaking of changes to role PMs - my role PM makes it pretty clear that there are supernatural and non-supernatural (people, powers, or kills: one of those three gets categorised as such, probably) in this game. I think it's most likely that people are supernatural or not. I get the feeling that kills can be done by supernaturals or done by non-supernaturals. I suppose we'll see.

She might be a full-time ghost hunter cop of some kind. It's very strange for her to be dropping so much information about her role this early in the game, but all that together screams cop to me.

I have no idea who is on the other team. Best guess is from the set of {YOLO, SDK, SirGabriel}. Based on the above commentary, I'm 99% sure Madge is town. Gopher and BoomFrog I think are as well. Maybe I'll see if I can get Madge lynched.

Situation with Bard is weird. I kind of think he might be indie, or pseudo-indie. From his play, I think what's going on is he has some kind of role where I need to outlive the other king (Gopher). He pretty much doesn't talk about anybody but me and Gopher.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrar » Sat May 20, 2017 11:51 am UTC

Shakespeare III
Spoiler:
I'm finding too many players towny because of claims and whatnot. Need to withdraw some townie points but that will look suspicious coming from Znirk!Sabrar. I think YOLOSWAG
is scum (possible team-mate of DethStalker) but I'm far from sure on anyone else. Could be BoomFrog if SDK is town.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby mpolo » Sun May 21, 2017 9:28 am UTC

heuristically_alone wrote:Shakespear III

Spoiler:
Wow Dethstalker had a really sucky post restriction for a new player. I hope he comes and plays again.


Spoiler:
After a day or so, I wrote to encourage him to ignore the post restriction. He had plenty of stuff he could claim was "misunderstood" anyway. But he didn't change there…
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby mpolo » Sun May 21, 2017 9:31 am UTC

#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:Shakespeare III

Spoiler:
Wait, Sabrar replaced Znirk despite us killing him?

I understand not wanting to modkill but I really don't agree with this. It completely defeats the point of our night kill :?


YOLOSWAG may read:
Spoiler:
It's become pretty common on this forum to allow zombie replacements, simply because our user base is too small. Obviously DethStalker couldn't replace anyone except another Guild member, of course. And if Sabrar had had extra information from his previous role, I wouldn't have allowed it. It's marginally less disruptive than a mod-kill that totally cripples one or more sides. There was a game back a while back that was essentially won via modkills, because there were several of them…
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
heuristically_alone
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:43 pm UTC
Location: 37.2368078 and -115.80341870000001

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby heuristically_alone » Sun May 21, 2017 8:54 pm UTC

Shakespear III

Spoiler:
Random thought that doesn't matter. Laserguy has a post restriction that causes him to OMGUS vote anyone that votes him. If he voted for himself for whatever reason, would he immediately have to vote for himself again? Just a silly thought. It'd be pretty funny though.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

Beatrice wrote:The world is quiet here.

Tillian wrote:You should call yourself Rapunzel. Y'know, because rap puns sell.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby mpolo » Mon May 22, 2017 6:37 am UTC

Meta question about Shakespeare III (Active players may not read).

Spoiler:
I got this comment from a player via PM:

YOLOSWAG is supposedly V/LA until Tuesday, however he is actively participating in another game on Mafia Universe. Obviously he is not allowed to comment on that game here but the fact itself is making me suspicious and others could draw their own conclusion from it if they were aware.
Am I allowed to bring this up in the thread knowing that he can't really defend himself?


What would the rest of you say here?
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?
Posts: 563
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:36 pm UTC
Location: London

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby flicky1991 » Mon May 22, 2017 6:48 am UTC

Shakespeare @mpolo:

Spoiler:
People have suspected people based on outside-of-game reasons before (e.g. seeing that they've posted in Gojoe). I don't see why it would be discouraged as long as they don't say anything specific about that other game (i.e. don't say "you look townier in that game than you do here").
Discord for Forum Games posters
---
avatar from marionic, edited by adnapemit

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4341
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby LaserGuy » Mon May 22, 2017 6:58 am UTC

Shakespeare:

Spoiler:
So... I'm actually >90% certain bessie is really truly scum. I wasn't really intending to do that when I first starting writing that post, but Good Lord her play this game is so scummy and out of character.

User avatar
heuristically_alone
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:43 pm UTC
Location: 37.2368078 and -115.80341870000001

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby heuristically_alone » Mon May 22, 2017 3:40 pm UTC

Shakespear III @mpolo

Spoiler:
I say absolutely they can mention that they saw another player playing actively on another site. This is a game of observation and analyzing what they see other players do. In mafia games before I have seen players V/LA and then actively posting in other threads in the forum and someone calls them out on it.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

Beatrice wrote:The world is quiet here.

Tillian wrote:You should call yourself Rapunzel. Y'know, because rap puns sell.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrar » Tue May 23, 2017 12:26 pm UTC

Shakespeare III
Spoiler:
I have too few scum-reads and they could be totally wrong. I'm getting sheeped from all angles and don't know who to trust. I love this game!
:D

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4341
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby LaserGuy » Tue May 23, 2017 11:57 pm UTC

Shakespeare:

Spoiler:
Trying to decide who the last member of the other scumteam is. Definitely bessie/DethStalker. SDK makes the most sense as the third, but I don't really feel it. Willing to lynch him to find out though :) I was sort of leaning toward YOLO as a possibility, but after his last posts, I'm actually pretty sure he's just lazy town. Sabrar/Znirk is another possibility, but I'm not getting the scum vibe there either.

Most likely it's bessie/DethStalker/SDK. I wonder why SDK would drop the bessie-as-town line there if so. Roleplaying? We did have that discussion about the value of a confirmed townie (it's certainly helped me!) though I imagine it being less of an asset in a multiball game.

In any event, I think things are shaping up very well. I think it's very likely that town will mislynch, or, at least, hit the other team, tonight. I can potentially catch the other kill with a roleblock if I really wanted to. Might be better to let it go through as SDK will likely want to kill BoomFrog tonight. Will see what dimochka thinks.


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests