The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Madge

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Madge » Mon May 28, 2018 6:30 am UTC

Meta mafia

Spoiler:
Laserguy is, of course, showing what Madge could be if she was actually good at mafia :lol:

Honestly I am so glad Diemo and Bessie are running this, I have never had so much fun in a mafia game for years, except the ones I was running because running games is fun because I get so much attention.

Oh shoot I need to go to Laserguy's post and find everything about it scummy!
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon May 28, 2018 4:01 pm UTC

Meta Mafia
Spoiler:
If anyone is curious about the issue I don't want to talk about, it's Madge soft-claiming or pretending to soft-claim Bodyguard here.

Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread

Postby Sungura » Mon May 28, 2018 4:27 pm UTC

I kinda feel like modding a game again, would anyone be interested?
(For anyone who doesn't know, I go towards crazy (but not bastard, I never lie to my players), semi-open setups, and I do themes usually on the nerdy scale, I'm thinking for this one The Human Body)
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Mon May 28, 2018 4:38 pm UTC

Sounds awesome sungura! Go put your game in the mod queue. I think there's currently three other games up in front of you.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

You can learn to levitate with just a little help.

:idea: = Surprised Cyclops

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon May 28, 2018 4:55 pm UTC

Always interested in any game, even better if it's not bastard. :D

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Mon May 28, 2018 7:35 pm UTC

Sungura wrote:I kinda feel like modding a game again, would anyone be interested?
(For anyone who doesn't know, I go towards crazy (but not bastard, I never lie to my players), semi-open setups, and I do themes usually on the nerdy scale, I'm thinking for this one The Human Body)

I believe the only possible response to this is "hells yeah."

Meta Mafia II

Spoiler:
Apparently no one has done the necessary Freudian analysis on my posts about who I'd "track", or if they have, they've chalked it up to typical Vytron style beer.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Mon May 28, 2018 11:45 pm UTC

Looking for a replacement for MetaMafia
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

threetwoone

Postby threetwoone » Tue May 29, 2018 1:55 am UTC

Meta Mafia 2
Spoiler:
whoops, accidentally spoiled myself.
NOTE TO SELF: SPOILER TAGS SOMETHINES DON’T WORK WHEN READING POSTS BY A USER
oh well at least i might get a story post or something
---Three Two One!---

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Tue May 29, 2018 7:01 pm UTC

Meta Mafia II: The Return
Spoiler:
Ok, so I'm seeing why Snark (and Vytron for that matter) always posts outlandish nonsense like that grouping list, it causes reactions in people. Nobody mentioned Cantalope/Toast, but the colors were instantly latched upon by people, who continue to discuss it. Why bother even a passing mention of a joke list unless it's weighing on your mind?

Statistically there's probably 3 groups with scum in them. It might even be possible that one has more than one scum member! And if I had to guess, I'd say one of the colors is likely to have at least one scum member, judging by the reactions
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

wam

Postby wam » Wed May 30, 2018 7:08 am UTC

Meta mafia

Spoiler:
realised I hadn't posted a single spoiler. I am the town fruit seller! No idea what to do with the role but will just send fruit to people.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed May 30, 2018 8:46 am UTC

Meta Mafia 2:
Spoiler:
Loving the fact that of the 7 people with votes on them in the last votals, none of them are scum...
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Wed May 30, 2018 10:07 am UTC

Meta Mafia:

Spoiler:
Exciting!

I think this is my first 'basic' mafia game with a limited number of powered townies.

Luckily I'm one of them. I'm an even night tracker. This is useful in and of itself, but it also tells me we're in scenario (1) or (10) of the matrix 14. So (9:2:2) or (10:3).

So definitely no daychat.

Mafia and werewolves probably already know the setup (or they will by N1).

I'll now when the first powered person dies. Other vanilla townies won't until two do or someone claims (or fruit).

Given that we only have three powered townies, outing myself is definitely bad for town. (an easier job for scum) So I'm playing as a vanilla townie with no focus on (1) or (10).

I'm wondering if I should gambit. VT's should draw the night kill while PT's should not. By trying to draw the NK I make myself look more like VT... Hmm, if I was playing as SDK or Boomfrog I'm pretty sure I'd go for that. Now I'm not sure I'll be able to pull it off. I'll probably wait until I see the flow of D1.

Also, I'm writing this as I'm waiting for the day to start but probably won't post it until much later as VT plytho probably wouln't have anything to talk about in Gojoe based on role-pm alone ;)
-------------------------
Current:
Right, I'm super confident in my read on SDK.

As I know we're possibly in (1) I think werewolves are likely and Madge-Freezeblade is a possibility for a second team.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed May 30, 2018 12:29 pm UTC

Meta Mafia
Spoiler:
Anytime plytho says "good point" or jimbob says "fair request" my sheep-dar starts pinging like crazy. Have I mentioned that LaserGuy might also be sheeping me me me? He never trusts me to be town... :(

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed May 30, 2018 12:38 pm UTC

Quick Madge RL overshare since I can't do it in thread to keep character:

- Didn't get a chance to check out the thread today so expect a massive post tomorrow (unless I miss deadline when is it again I'm very sorry)

- I just booked a last minute holiday (YAYYYY), I will be gone from 25th June to 18th of July or something like that. So definitely can't run the much anticipated Steamed Hams game. Sorry to break everyones' heart. Also if Meta Mafia lasts another month I will need a replacement I guess.

Hopefully will be with a post in 13-14 hours, but I wasn't at work today so if work's crazy tomorrow then it could be a damn long time.

I feel weird posting this in gojoe but none of it is game relevant content so it's probably OK and this way i can keep the main thread unread at the point where it's unread to?
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Wed May 30, 2018 5:09 pm UTC

Meta Mafia
Spoiler:
Really kicking myself for messing up and reading spoilers. I could be replacing in as myself right now! It would be fun to try to role play myself :lol:
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

You can learn to levitate with just a little help.

:idea: = Surprised Cyclops

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Wed May 30, 2018 7:36 pm UTC

Meta
Spoiler:
lol. Just. Wow.

It is interesting watching someone try to play like me but i dont agree with the sdk vote.

Too bad i read a few spoilers early on before i thought it would be fun game to replace in so long as I got someone i knew their meta cause real me and meta me in same game would be hillarious
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Wed May 30, 2018 7:47 pm UTC

Meta
Spoiler:
i wish i was allowed to send mpolo messages that would be a cool power, cause i really think he is on the wrong track...

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu May 31, 2018 3:29 pm UTC

Meta Mafia
Spoiler:
Assuming Vicarin's claim is true then I'm not a big fan of his post-restriction. Deliberately playing in a way that is scummy comes very close to playing against your win-con if you're Town.

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:38 am UTC

Meta mafia

Spoiler:
He's going to get away with it, isn't he? He's going to NK me and continue to fool town. Or worse, keep me alive. Since any criticism from we will be seen as tunneling. I'll be the only one voting SDK for the rest of the game until I get mislynched for ignoring everything else. Ugh.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:44 pm UTC

Meta Mafia
Spoiler:
It's disgusting how heavily I've been hinting at being a PR all through D1... It will be disappointing not getting killed during the night. :?

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:54 pm UTC

Meta mafia
Spoiler:
Pretty sure Sabrar is vanilla town trying to draw the night kill. Or, like me, trying to be so obvious about it to avoid the night kill.I also think SDK was signaling his buddies to NK freezeblade but I'm not that sure about it and I don't want to look too paranoid.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:29 pm UTC

Meta Mafia
Spoiler:
This is what I would have posted if Diemo didn't end the day 2 seconds before I hit submit:
Ooh boy, did I hope you wouldn't make that reference.

Have half a mind to vote SDK and leave it to chance but I see Diemo is already online and I don't like to rush decisions.

SDK

Postby SDK » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:33 pm UTC

Meta mafia
Spoiler:
20 seconds too late!

plytho wrote:Please point out where you think you did.

Here.

Funnily enough, I also found an unposted thing on my computer when I came to work this morning. This was meant for in case I was lynched, but I guess I don't have to worry about being nightkilled tonight at least!

"Okay, that's it from me today.

Madge, Mark, mpolo and jimbob are my strongest town reads.
moody, LaserGuy and threetwoone are probably town, but not strong.
wam and plytho deserve a closer look.
My preferred lynches are freezeblade, Sabrar, Vicarin, in that order.

I should be able to check in tonight and then again right before deadline."

I wonder if plytho could be Vicarin's buddy? I love tying townies to my scum buddies as scum. Only flaw in that logic is that plytho was still trying really really hard to get me lynched still which would... mean that Vicarin can't be my buddy since I'm town obviously! Diabolical. He's like a mini version of scum me!

I also wonder if I'm wrong about Sabrar. But I suppose I always wonder that... Otherwise, not much has changed on that list, I think. I should take a look at the final votals once we get Vic's flip. If he's town, we might be screwed. Maybe a cop will clear my name tonight. That would be splendid.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

SDK

Postby SDK » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:59 pm UTC

Meta mafia
Spoiler:
plytho wrote:List of grievances:
1)Rolefishing mark, keeping the question open after being aware it was a question about his role pm
2)not acknowledging you were aware of it being about his role pm even though you apparently were, and defending your motivation for asking the question with options that aren't relevant after you realized it was a role-pm question ("there's no mention of matrix 14 in the role pm")
3)forgetting what happened when you realized mark asked a question about his role pm. You claim you made a conscious decision to keep the question. Seems to me you'd remember this sort of decision.

4)active lurking. your only content until your question to mark is explaining matrix 14 to mpolo.
5)thinking I'm a PR and trying to lynch me.
SDK wrote: Thinking about what the mafia might know makes sense, but plytho is analyzing this from the view of a PR.

The first mistake was asking the question, not considering the possible role-fishing.
The second mistake was keeping the question and not considering the possible role-fishing even when you knew it was about marks role-pm.
The third mistake, which I'm really having trouble as seeing as anything but deliberate is not acknowledging we're talking about a role-pm here.
The fourth mistake is using your initial motivation for asking the question instead of the motivation for keeping the question. Why, from a townie perspective would you do this? You made a conscious decision to keep the question. That's obviously what we want to know about.
The fifth mistake is forgetting when exactly you asked this question.

That's a lot of mistakes and two, three and four are very hard to explain as a townie.

Ah, I think I see where we're miscommunicating now. So I wrote that question to Mark with the intention of getting him to clarify so Madge could focus elsewhere (if he was town) or so he could out himself (if he was a werewolf). I gave a few examples of what responses I expected I might get (a question about Matrix14, for example). That was my motivation for asking the question.

My motivation for keeping the question (or not retracting the question, if you like) was shadier, I admit, because I still didn't think about the fact that he might be asking about a possible PR even once it was apparent he was asking about his role PM. That was stupid of me. I never meant to imply that I kept the question because of the Matrix14 thing though since my motivation for writing it at first was before I saw that post (or at least before I internalized it). My motivation for keeping it had nothing to do with Matrix14, but I thought might still be beneficial in the other ways I mentioned (I expected it to be a question about his posting restriction, which it was).

I think that covers 3 and 4 at least? I recognize and apologize for the other mistakes. No harm done, luckily, but it was stupid.

If you are town, plytho, I want you to try to think as scum!SDK for a second. Your story makes perfect sense for how I'm covering my ass and making things up to justify role-fishing. What doesn't make sense to me, though, is why I would have role-fished in the first place. Can you honestly see me asking a question so blatant on purpose? Can you honestly think that I would try for such a high risk, low reward play? Just, take a minute, read my initial post asking for that info, and see if you can justify me even asking that question for your assumed reasons. I just don't see it.

SDK

Postby SDK » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:33 pm UTC

Meta mafia
Spoiler:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:On SDK, I really have a hard time seeing him as scum with his recent content in particular. I think he asked why people were town reading Sabrar, and I refer him to my second reads post for my last considered opinion.

Quoting your reasoning here then:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Sabrar - (slightly town, mostly gut feeling): He's continued to post reads that seem to come a little out of nowhere (plytho not mafia, but could be werewolf?? for example). He did at least give justifications for his earlier reads. I like his prod of Vicarin to explain his numbers question. I also like the pressure he's putting on SDK (I'm used to seeing SDK put that sort of pressure on others!). His vote on wam was a bit of a surprise, but that's the only thing I find that I don't particularly like in his recent content. Probably town.

@Sabrar - is there more to your belief that wam is scum than your "try-hard defence" comment? Would you explain it please? Also, is the tradition comment in any way important, because if so, I missed what it was about?

His pressure on me is fine. When he pointed out that he wasn't voting me (and even called that a possible town slip), I had second thoughts. When he pushed back with "you really don't understand?" the thought crossed my mind that he might just be applying pressure as town (I said this before). His vote proved that wasn't the case. Do you like his justification for his vote on me? I don't think his pressure on me lead to that vote naturally.

I'm really conflicted on moody. He votes me here, which is fine in context. I can readily believe that someone who was reading me as scum partway through the game might continue to do so - I am good at fabricating cases as scum (though I seriously doubt I'd have been able to drive up the motivation when I thought it was very likely I'd still be lynched, but whatever). So the vote is fine. What's less fine is tying me to specific individuals in the manner he did. Thinking about the effect of a flip is fine too... but the way he did so really rubs me the wrong way. Gotta flesh that out more... Maybe it's nothing.

Vicarin wrote:I have read Seaside, which got brought up, and that monster themed one where SDK lead everyone around as the SK while noone has any idea what was going on.

Both of those were great games. I love playing as SK. So much fun. For me at least. :mrgreen:

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:39 pm UTC

Meta Mafia
Spoiler:
I wonder what SDK is going on about here. He quoted me in two of those posts. Must be compliments on my sublime scumhunting :D

He may be trying to trick town into thinking he doesn't have chat to dump his thoughts in. Or he actually doesn't have chat since we lynched his buddy. Which would mean we're in scenario (1) with two werewolves. Ideally we caught the werewolves first, that way we'd (or I'd) know the setup.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:45 pm UTC

Meta Mafia
Spoiler:
SDK is either Town or pretending really hard to be one with those consecutive Gojoe posts. Would he really go that far as scum??? Oh well, let's try to be consistent and continue to tunnel him D2 as well. It's so much fun! :P

wam

Postby wam » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:11 pm UTC

Meta mafia

Spoiler:
that's a lot of spoilers. I just have a feeling SDK has wriggled out of that one.

On another note I have sent Madge a pineapple.

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:33 pm UTC

meta
Spoiler:
Yup really glad they didn't get rid of sdk. I'm not totally following the game in detail as I dont have time for that, but sdk is the sort of player you dont lynch because it is super telling how they play and who responds and how. You never lynch that first day, even if they are scum, because there is always more scum that early in game and you find more keeping the super posters alive for a day or two, because you need all their reactions come day two. Can someone get rid of jimbob now? More he posts (notposts) the more I dont like him. It is a little harder reading players who I dont know their meta, especially when they are meta-ing others, so confusing!

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:40 pm UTC

Meta Mafia II: With a Vengance
Spoiler:
Currently waiting for details on my jailkeep from the mod, the way it is written is relatively ambiguous. The answer to the mechanics will decide who my power will be used on. Decisions Decisions.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:26 am UTC

Meta Mafia
Spoiler:
So, this is planned to be posted first thing on D2, really glad I could finish early and won't keep me awake.
Some replies to SDK
SDK wrote:I can see that he might have been trying for reactions to this list, and he did get some, but these reads are fabricated.
Well, duh. If I'm posting to get reactions then obviously some of those reads will be fabricated. Otherwise what's the point?? I already admitted it here, it makes no sense for you to linger on this point.

SDK wrote:Up to this point Sabrar has come down on the wrong side of Mark, but not confronted him at all. Same is true for Vicarin and jimbobmacdoodle. wam was asked a question in this same post. Ultimately, I don't like that Sabrar is being so passive with his reads here.
Again, you're taking things out of context. The question was who I would lynch right at that moment, 'gun to my head'. I gave a list of people who rubbed me the wrong way but that doesn't mean that I had a clear scum-read on them.

SDK wrote:Sabrar prods Vicarin and jimbob with a decent questions in a sharp kind of way. Might just be biased at this point, but they feel like they're looking for dirt, not answers.
1. That wasn't even a question to jimbob, I don't know why you got that idea.
2. Yes, you're biased. Please tell me more about how you could interpret my intention behind that question so clearly when you by your own account can't read me that well.

SDK wrote:He's also sure enough about it that he's using his read on me to smear wam at the same time
Absolutely. I like to call out the whole scum-team D1. :)

SDK wrote:I understand that, but your "meta-read" is based on me apparently being unable to misread you, no matter how scummy your posting.
As bessie so kindly pointed out I'm bad at intentionally acting scummy. Therefore it should be noticeable, especially for you.

SDK wrote:You say I am scum for calling you scum
Once again, no. I'm calling you scum because you do not call me town. I realize that's a mighty fine line but there is a difference.

We've already talked about FAC668 and Diablo, let's look at our other 2 previous games:

Secret Santa: you don't really talk about me much but you have me as most townie in your first read-list and never change your mind (you even gave me bulletproof turkey as a gift).

Shakespeare: you are still waiting to read my in your first list but then later do not question dimochka's town-read on me while you question him about bessie. You have me as probably town in your updated list and that's it for D1 though later you say that I was a good target for the NK. BTW you didn't push Madge because of the lurking. D2 as mentioned you call me sure-town even though most players commented to the effect of "zombie!Sabrar feels different from D1!Sabrar". You express doubt only once when you realize that my fight with LaserGuy is not TvT (though it's interesting that it is me who's bugging you after you read LaserGuy as scum D1 and me as sure-town).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have re-read plytho's case on SDK. I think it's good for all the stated reasons, I have just 1 thing to add:
SDK wrote:I asked that question for two reasons: 1) Get Madge off his back, or 2) Provide evidence that Mark did, in fact, ask a werewolfy question.
SDK wrote:Depending on what Mark came back with I thought it could shed some light on whether or not Madge is right to suspect Mark based on the PM stuff. I thought we'd get a simple answer back like "Clarification on my posting restriction" or "A question about Matrix14" rather than something more damning like "I don't know what you want me to say..." or some other creative way that new players talk themselves into traps. That would have been fine too, of course. I'm only talking about the PM question, not the werewolf question.
Madge found Mark scummy because of the wolf-question, not the role-pm. Consequently clarification of the latter would not have caused Madge to back off.

You mentioned that my reaction made you remember Diablo. Well I say that your scrambling to answer these questions is exactly how I behaved in Alien Warfare after I got caught not knowing the town role-pm.

Vote: SDK

So spectators, how am I doing? Will this be the first time that my D1 tunnel turns out to be correct?

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:07 am UTC

Meta Mafia II
Spoiler:
I’m so sorry scum, I’ve been trying to find a proper replacement, but everyone I ask either politely declines or they read spoilers! I blame the subject matter of this game; as a meta game, the spoilers were just too tempting! :?

The worst thing about modding is that no one is talking about me me me! :P Not surprised though, that all my clever flavor posts are going unnoticed among all the spectacular role playing being done by the players, and I guess not too disappointed because like WOW ARE THE PLAYERS IN THIS GAME GREAT OR WHAT?! However ... it is somewhat disturbing just how well some of them nailed it. :shock:

Too bad more people haven’t played with Djehutynakht, SDK has some real gems hidden in there.

Re plytho’s jimbob-wall, I was just dying over this post; I thought it was so funny. But my jaw hit the floor when I saw this post because it is exactly something jimbob would do.

This might be my favorite thing so far in this game:
Madge!bessie wrote:Sabrar wrote:Could you explain why you have LaserGuy so close to Grrr?

Have you read his posts? Contain more information about his children being adorable than about his actual reads. I don’t like it, it’s scummy behaviour. I know it’s all roleplaying and I’ll defend his right to roleplay to the death, but that doesn’t mean I have to find it not scummy.
Madge scum reading LaserGuy for talking about himself instead of providing reads. I…don’t…even. :lol: :roll:

And because Sabrar and I have a history of having one sided arguments in Gojoe, and because I am up at 3:00 am and annoyed with Sabrar. [Pre post edit, Ok, gonna do the mod correct thing and I'm not going to quote ping Sabrar. I would bet that he knows I'm talking about him anyway.]

someone wrote:Assuming Vicarin's claim is true then I'm not a big fan of his post-restriction.
Nonsense! Role playing is completely optional, Vicarin didn’t have to play along if he felt uncomfortable doing so. [note: Sabrar hasn’t read Vicarin’s role pm, and doesn’t know Vicarin’s actual posting restrictions]

the rules wrote:Posting restrictions are suggestions only, you don't have to follow them if you don't want to.

In retrospect, I guess I didn’t foresee that Zen might be a difficult role for a relative newbie, but I’m somewhat puzzled as to why Vicarin interpreted his post restriction as he did, and why he chose to lurk (he probably could have fulfilled his post restriction by just playing as normal if I was in the game). By the way, I made I point to not include lurking in anyone’s post restriction, even though there are some roles where it would have fit.

same person wrote: Deliberately playing in a way that is scummy comes very close to playing against your win-con if you're Town.
Poppycock! Experienced players do it all the time for a plethora of reasons. Like to avoid the lynch, or the night kill. Or because they are trying to cultivate a non-alignment indicative meta. Or to provoke reactions, or as a gambit. I did it a bit in Alien Warfare just to provoke Vicarin. If you want some better examples, search: BoomFrog (et al).

Hahaha I had a role written for mpolo, one of the post restrictions was no profanity, I wonder if Vicarin would have had an easier time with that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

As Madge!bessie would say, more later.

wam

Postby wam » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:14 am UTC

Meta mafia

Spoiler:
let's go with d2!

Am I channelling sabrar right ?

wam

Postby wam » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:56 am UTC

Meta mafia

Spoiler:
I have realised that I was premature as it's midnight tonight not last night as I thought.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:35 pm UTC

Meta Mafia
Spoiler:
So it very much looks like that 'Monday midnight' was supposed mean Tuesday midnight instead... :x

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:08 pm UTC

Meta:
Spoiler:
Meta read:
The post above this one was Sabrar complaining about the long night.
Pity he won't be alive in the morning :D

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:19 am UTC

Meta Mafia @ Sabrar

Spoiler:
As bessie said, it was more of a suggestion rather than a restriction. Also, if there was ever going to be a game where I'd try out a different meta, then this would be the one. Hoped people would realise I was channeling Stellaris a bit. As is, it just got me killed immediately...

On the other hand I had completely the wrong idea for the scum team this game so OH WELL.

Liri
Healthy non-floating pooper reporting for doodie.

Postby Liri » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:47 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:Meta Mafia @ Sabrar

Spoiler:
As bessie said, it was more of a suggestion rather than a restriction. Also, if there was ever going to be a game where I'd try out a different meta, then this would be the one. Hoped people would realise I was channeling Stellaris a bit. As is, it just got me killed immediately...

On the other hand I had completely the wrong idea for the scum team this game so OH WELL.

Spoiler:
Oh man. I really did think you were scum.

Town has a tough time.
There's a certain amount of freedom involved in cycling: you're self-propelled and decide exactly where to go. If you see something that catches your eye to the left, you can veer off there, which isn't so easy in a car, and you can't cover as much ground walking.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:11 am UTC

Meta Mafia @bessie

Spoiler:
Yeah, I just chose to lurk a bit at the beginning to see what people's reactions were and also because that weekend was actually ludicrously busy for me. Of course, given how I've been in previous games, this immediately put me at the top of everyone's scum lists and it seemed impossible to convince anyone otherwise afterwards. Oh well, good to know. Seeing how terrible my reads were, probably not a bad VT to have die :P

I'd like to think that people would be sensible enough to realise I'm probably not going to immediately go into hard lurk mode the first time I roll scum or I'd kind of give the game away.

And you weren't in the game Bessie, I'd clearly be read as obvtown. :P Though I was kind of at a loss for setup spec, having all 14 setups known but no way of narrowing it down as VT just had me wanting to wait for more information.

What exactly would count as profanity for that restriction? I can't say I remember seeing any egregious swearing by anyone really.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:17 am UTC

Meta Mafia II
Spoiler:
Hi h_a, it's me, you. Haha.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Return to “Mafia”