The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Sabrar

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrar » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:13 pm UTC

ChAoS
Spoiler:
Well, the resurrection sucks. Hope this is a 1-shot effect otherwise we'll be here forever. And me with only 2 kills left...

Not killing Madge because she's VT plus it would reflect bad on me plus I might get to daykill her.
Not killing moody because he's a mislynch waiting to happen.
Not killing jimbob because he won't vote me soon and might get protected or nk-d by other scum.
Not killing mpolo because that would be cruel and serves no purpose.
Not killing somitomi because he doesn't pose a threat plus he might get protected or nk-d by other scum.
Not killing plytho because he was nk-target N1 and I want to hit scum (as I said before BoomFrog is unlikely to have been Mark's partner).
Therefore I'm killing bessie.................................................... :(
There are so many ways this can go wrong...
I will probably have to withhold from now on and keep last nk until MYLO/LYLO
Or I can just be dead tonight...

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:51 pm UTC

Chaos

Spoiler:
Well, to quote me from the Back to the Future game, I believe the high complexity is about to kick in.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:14 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
Vicarin wrote:Chaos @BoomFrog

Spoiler:
If you're going to claim that, you need to take ownership of all the negative effects it had too...

Spoiler:
Of course, I do. The negative effects I noticed are that you got distracted from scum hunting for half the Day and you got lynched. Also, arguably it gave Bessie a smoke screen argument to hide behind, but I think she'd have found something else anyway, but I'll take a slight loss of points for that.

What other negative effects did my gambit have? This is a sincere question.

Spoiler:
I'd say that you also got pretty distracted by it, but your list was pretty comprehensive.

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:43 pm UTC

CHAOS

Spoiler:
I survived, some watcher results tomorrow! I'm targeting townie players. Let's go!!!!!!
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:28 am UTC

Chaos

Spoiler:
If Sabrar does end up shooting bessie then I think town's in a pretty good spot despite the lynches so far, though it does depend a bit on who moody tries to recruit tonight. If it fails, Sabrar will actually be the biggest threat, just because people might try a mass claim at some point. Also unlikely to die to the kills flying around, and is being read as pretty townie right now.

Actually, I wonder what happens if moody manages to convert a 1 person mafia. Does that person still keep the kill? Hmmm...

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:32 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
wam wrote:Chaos

Spoiler:
also jimbob raised a good point if players doing spoilers could try and not make it obvious who's dead and reading spoilers and whose not that would be good.

Spoiler:
But less spoilers is less fun. I'd say we should do the opposite. Encourage "not actually dead" players to post multiple spoilers.

Spoiler:
Only issue is that we'd have to put a ban on responding to other people's posts using quotes or @s outside of the spoiler until the game is over. The way I'm doing this right now makes it pretty clear I'm able to read your spoilers :P

I've also had a policy of not posting spoilers until I'm dead in all my previous games so I'd have to have broken that earlier, or just refuse to comment at all after I died. Guess I'll just get in the habit of posting some stuff in the future to record my thoughts outside the thread, could be fun.

wam

Postby wam » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:45 am UTC

Chaos

Spoiler:
so Moody is not having good luck. As he is recruiting Bessie but before that happens sabrar will kill her. For this game I'm using the std mafiascum action list so it's kill then recruit. So the good news for moody is that Bessie won't flip cult.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

wam

Postby wam » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:46 am UTC

Chaos @Vic

Spoiler:
yeah for you that ship has sailed! It was more of a note for future players.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:19 am UTC

cHaOs
Spoiler:
Who would have thought that even a 24-hour night is way too long...
Especially when it comes to the big question of whether I'm alive after

@wam: don't suppose you'd care to give me a hint? :P

wam

Postby wam » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:30 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:cHaOs
Spoiler:
Who would have thought that even a 24-hour night is way too long...
Especially when it comes to the big question of whether I'm alive after

@wam: don't suppose you'd care to give me a hint? :P

Chaos sabrar may read

Spoiler:
part of me was tempted to write out a convoluted clue but I'm going to stick with "no comment".

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:36 am UTC

Chaos

Spoiler:
What to do, what to do..
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:11 pm UTC

ChaOtiC maFia
Spoiler:
wam wrote:less than 7 hours till end of the night
LIES!!!

wam

Postby wam » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:51 pm UTC

Chaos mafia

Spoiler:
so 6 players alive 5 factions!!! If that's not chaos I don't know what is! Also from Moody's perspective the only player left in the game he can successfully recruit is plytho!

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:52 pm UTC

Chaos
Spoiler:
Might end up that everyone shoots each other and mpolo gets resurrected at the end to win the game :D

[edit]Actually, Sabrar with his protection powers is probably in very good shape now.
Last edited by LaserGuy on Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:52 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

wam

Postby wam » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:52 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:ChaOtiC maFia
Spoiler:
wam wrote:less than 7 hours till end of the night
LIES!!!

Chaos mafia (sabrar may read)

Spoiler:
so got the utc versus bst time zones wrong!

wam

Postby wam » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:53 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:Chaos
Spoiler:
Might end up that everyone shoots each other and mpolo gets resurrected at the end to win the game :D

Chaos mafia

Spoiler:
So I was worried about the cult and so dying early so gave both Moody and sabrar 2nk immunities and 1 lynch immunity so that may swing the game.... oops

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:56 pm UTC

Chaos
Spoiler:
LOL, so Sabrar and moody are both in good shape, actually, even though moody will probably never recruit.

What extra powers does mpolo get down the line?

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:22 pm UTC

Chaos

Spoiler:
[singing]All by myyyyyyyself, don't want to be[/singing]

Well, good news is that bessie didn't filp as cult when she died, so there is still some doubt as to what kind of indie I am. Bad news is that she's dead and I am still a cult of one. Better news is that if I do manage to not get lynched today and actually recruit someone, with the crossfire it really will be 2 cult and 1 someone else tomorrow, unless wam brings someone else back. Until then I'm

[singing]All by myyyyyyyyself, don't want to be[/singing]
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:46 pm UTC

CHAOS
Spoiler:
So plytho is B, moody is C and they have even/odd night kills? Means it's C-s turn so we need to kill moody today. Or I might be wrong as usual (though at least I read bessie correctly).
I need moody to full claim, I use day-vig and prove myself, we lynch Madge? Or plytho if I can convince them. I use 3rd nk tonight, use day-kill again tomorrow provided we have more claims and win?
That looks like a plan... Of course we all know how my plan in WoT3 turned out...

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:56 am UTC

chAoS

Spoiler:
I am literally Cassandra.

a) I have scum result on Sabrar and Moody from N1
b) I had a triple watcher last night and managed to get both NK targets.

Bessie was visited by Sabrar (who I already know is mafia!)
Plytho wasn't visited by anyone
Jimbob was visited by Plytho twice and moody once

SCUM IS MOODY AND SABRAR. GUYS. BELIEVE ME. FFFFFFF

Seriously don't make me spend hours coming through old posts finding justifications. People are going to vote me off and then ignore me. I just know it.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:31 am UTC

Chaos

Spoiler:
Ha, Madge even managed to catch plytho there. Of course, she won't know this until moody flips cult and not scum. Amazing.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:18 am UTC

Chaos
Spoiler:
Go Madge! You can do it :D

bessie

Postby bessie » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:10 am UTC

Madge, the newbie game is in sign ups! Are you still going to try to recruit some newbies?

Vicarin, go ahead and sign up if you want to play. I’ll sign up for replacements. The first week of October is incredibly busy for me so replacing works out better for me anyway (but LaserGuy, move me up if you need me for the game to run).

wam’s Chaos Mafia
Spoiler:
Yes, I’m really dead. Kind of relieved actually. I haven’t had time to read any spoilers so no comments until tomorrow night, but here’s my pre spoiler binge wild ass guess. I will bet this week’s paycheck that Sabrar is scum and he killed me. And that he is currently by himself.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:16 am UTC

Chaos

Spoiler:
Well, Sabrar IS scum, and he DID kill bessie, and he IS currently by himself, but he's really always been by himself so I'm not sure if that last one counts. Pretty good guess though :lol:

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:52 am UTC

cHaOtIc WaM
Spoiler:
So I'm pretty sure plytho is Mafia B but seeing as he doesn't have a kill tonight (still working on odd/even assumption) I actually want Mark's partner to get lynched. Or day-killed also works. I'm hoping we get to full-claims today but I don't want to be the one forcing the issue. Town not claiming any powers is also worrying. Oh well, we need to wait for mpolo giving any updates anyway, should be enough time to reevaluate.

Edit: why the hell do I make good reads if I don't remember them the next day? I completely forgot that bessie slipped very early and that I got a scum-vibe from plytho.

Edit2: scum C!moody realizing that there are 2 additional killing factions might explain his resignation to die but doesn't explain his non-town reveal D2...

Very late edit: I've locked myself in. moody is C, plytho is B, they had even/odd nk-s. Need to get moody to full-claim today so I can Vig-shot, just lynching him is not ideal as tomorrow I would need to fight both plytho and Madge because plytho needs to be lynched before he can kill me. Day-kill on moody would let us lynch plytho, I withhold and we can lynch Madge D4 after which my nk wins.
I'm really hoping none of the scum will reveal the odd/even part, would need to play it off as a bluff otherwise.

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:01 pm UTC

chaos

Spoiler:
I'm hoping someone will see my uncharacteristic confidence and read between the lines, but apparently not. I'm 100% sure Sabrar knows I have his number, but he's not going to help town figure things out.

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:51 pm UTC

@bessie probably in a day or two when I get a chance. Someone else can make a post / bump my post from before though.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:44 pm UTC

bessie wrote:wam’s Chaos Mafia
Spoiler:
Yes, I’m really dead. Kind of relieved actually. I haven’t had time to read any spoilers so no comments until tomorrow night, but here’s my pre spoiler binge wild ass guess. I will bet this week’s paycheck that Sabrar is scum and he killed me. And that he is currently by himself.

Wam's Chaos (Bessie may read now)
Spoiler:
Wam requested that we pretend you aren't reading spoilers, so we will avoid quoting you or putting @person on the outside of spoilers.

Also, before you read spoilers I'd like to hear what you think of Madge this game.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:57 pm UTC

Wam's chaos
Spoiler:
Town has a real good chance of winning as long as mpolo keeps his powers secret. I predict the game is decided by whether Sabrar can guess that mpolo is Arnold Schwarzenegger.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:18 pm UTC

Wam's chaos:
Spoiler:
I'm not in the least bit surprised by my death, despite my attempt to protect myself last night: a) I was secretly macho, and b) I was targeted by BOTH mafia kills and only protected myself once. I mean, I know I was the towniest town that ever towned, but I was also completely off in my reads. Apparently I was doing the same as Vicarin and inverting my scum list (self-claimed non-town moody being the exception).

mpolo being a double-voter could save town, as long as Sabrar's and moody's lynch immunity is knocked off, but it may come down to so many different things. If mpolo picks up on Madge's hints, or indeed if scum use it to start killing each other, we still have a chance.

What are mpolo's remaining abilities?

I'm sad I didn't guess Madge's secret information hints, but I was too distracted by her lack of contributions D1 and early D2. If I'd remained alive, I might have picked up on it, I don't know.

Vicarin, you really shouldn't have bothered arguing against BoomFrog's gambit and the effectiveness of it. It distracted too many people and led to your lynch, whilst generating little useful information (apart from possibly my scum read of bessie). I don't know anybody who relies on it to form their reads without looking at other aspects of people's play, although in this case it did directly lead to moody outing himself, as pointed out. Aside from the distraction you allowed it to be, and for people attacking you because of your attack on it, I'm not aware of any negative effect it had on the game. If you don't like it, just ignore it, and are sure it's a gambit, just ignore it.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:28 pm UTC

chAOs WAm
Spoiler:
Damn, it just occurred to me that if any scum rolecopped me then they won't post their actual role-name no matter what I do...
This just became a lot harder.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:40 pm UTC

Wam's Chaos
Spoiler:
eternally enduring mpolo wrote:I was busy today. I haven't read anything yet. I was vanilla according to my initial PM, but the flavor could be seen as suggesting that I would survive am attempt on my life possibly sort of. I remain town, with a double vote. (Since it will appear in the vitals, not a lot of point trying to be cagey about it.)

When scum outnumber town, the only way town can win is if scum underestimate them and go after other scum first. This is not the time for town to share information.

wam

Postby wam » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:02 pm UTC

Chaos

Spoiler:
Moody gets a cop and then a doc then a tracker for the next deaths. Doubt many more will be left in the game.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:35 pm UTC

I was just looking for a new avatar, so I googled "Boom Frog" and frankly, the results are amazing.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:38 pm UTC

I like it. :D

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:00 pm UTC

Chaos
Spoiler:
Is moody protected from Sabrar's daykills?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:14 pm UTC

CHaOTic waM
Spoiler:
So that's 100% a false name from moody, meaning I can't rely on getting a day-kill today. I will probably need to kill mpolo tonight and hope for day-kill/lynch tomorrow to set up the win. That relies however on either plytho or Madge also role-claiming, which looks to be hard. Plus Madge will most likely attack me tomorrow as well...

wam

Postby wam » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:36 pm UTC

Chaos

Spoiler:
the 2 kill immunity does apply to sabrars day kill. I will give some flavour so that sabrar doesn't assume he got the name wrong.

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:33 pm UTC

Chaos

Spoiler:
Not liking the role pm stuff. I have some thoughts about moody's role pm claim but I don't want to play that game to be honest.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:13 pm UTC

Chaos

Spoiler:
I guess I'll just be completely ignoring anything I see as a gambit then, for future games, if anyone still uses them despite questionable effectiveness... I'm not going to be terribly impressed by any reads primarily formed from the results of one either.

Return to “Mafia”