The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby flicky1991 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:10 pm UTC

dimochka wrote:The Dark Tower
Spoiler:
_#HBC | Zyth_ wrote:@Carlington
Dimochka's read of boomfrog made no sense to me because, up to that point, there was literally nothing to go off of. All boomfrog had done was vote dimochka for not liking his retracting of his joke vote. And now that we see how boomfrog is actually playing, it makes even less sense, as to how boomfrog's play previously could get anyone a meta read. Also, I find it hard to believe that anyone would have a meta of doing nothing as town.

Incorrect. He was not doing nothing. He was talking in a way that an SK would never talk (too risky, people can misinterpret and lynch you for no real good reason), and scum would be unlikely to talk until at least D2 (when they've had a chance to agree on a gameplan). There is also a huge difference between SDK's D1 playstyle that game and Boomfrog's.

@Bessie - Yes, my initial plan in Diablo was to make claims unhelpful to both sides, but that wasn't quite the result. Next time I'll try for that again.

Quoting dimochka just to draw his attention to his mistake (of posting in the wrong thread).
Discord for Forum Games posters
---
avatar from marionic, edited by adnapemit

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:24 pm UTC

Thanks everyone, sorry about that :(

The Dark Tower
Spoiler:
_#HBC | Zyth_ wrote:@Carlington
Dimochka's read of boomfrog made no sense to me because, up to that point, there was literally nothing to go off of. All boomfrog had done was vote dimochka for not liking his retracting of his joke vote. And now that we see how boomfrog is actually playing, it makes even less sense, as to how boomfrog's play previously could get anyone a meta read. Also, I find it hard to believe that anyone would have a meta of doing nothing as town.

Incorrect. He was not doing nothing. He was talking in a way that an SK would never talk (too risky, people can misinterpret and lynch you for no real good reason), and scum would be unlikely to talk until at least D2 (when they've had a chance to agree on a gameplan). There is also a huge difference between SDK's D1 playstyle that game and Boomfrog's.

@Bessie - Yes, my initial plan in Diablo was to make claims unhelpful to both sides, but that wasn't quite the result. Next time I'll try for that again.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:08 pm UTC

Dark Tower
Spoiler:
bessie wrote:And I’m done playing passively; I want to be part of the game or I don’t want to play at all.
My sentiments exactly, I love it when the talk is about me, me, me to steal your phrase. :D
bessie wrote:I don’t like townies role claiming to save themselves and I’m glad dimochka is smart and pushed back against everyone that wanted him to claim.
I think claiming has its merits in the right place, here if dimochka claims then lynch might have swung back to jimbob, even if not then the additional reactions could have given Town some insight into the wagon. It is only bad to claim if the alternative wagon is also town but that's very hard to judge.
bessie wrote:GA not needing to target is a big deal; mpolo’s gojoe post implied he used/wasted it already.
Then I misunderstood you, it was in fact a 1-shot and is already used up, it just doesn't 'target' in the sense that Tracker/Watcher won't see it.
bessie wrote:Dollhouse is still one of my favorite games.
Thanks!

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:47 pm UTC

Dark Tower

Spoiler:
Zyth said, "if we assume GoP is town" and seems unconcerned with finding out more about him. I wonder if him and GoP are masons and I've actually been picking up "informed minority, just not of the scum variant" vibes from him? Or he has some other result on him?

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Mon May 01, 2017 9:59 pm UTC

Dark Tower

Spoiler:
Things are going pretty well for us right now I think. I'm apparently the towniest townie that's ever towned, and none of us are even being considered for a potential lynch at the moment. There's still plenty of time for things to go wrong, but there's a very good chance of a mislynch right now, and if we land our kill, we should be able to wrap this up pretty quickly.

I don't think that mpolo is the SK. I think he's likely telling the truth. I'd say Zyth or Gopher, or maybe YOLOSWAG are the SK. We'll know more tomorrow. I'm roleblocking Gopher tonight, and SDK intends to string him up. I think a third mislynch should win the game for us, though town will have a hard time missing on D3 if all three kills go against town. On the plus side, if we end up at 3-3-1 or similar, we may just be able to quickhammer somebody.

BoomFrog is our current target, who will be ninja-killed by SDK. We were originally planning on hitting someone else, but he's been playing very strong so he probably needs to die. SDK is quite concerned that he's actually picked out all three of us in one of his reads (in the jimbob=scum case).

We aren't really sure what to do about jimbob's ability yet. Because he can't use it to target scum, so it indirectly confirms his targets when he flips. Also, no bulletproof for me or SDK.

SK is really the wildcard here. He could screw us over quite badly pretty easily, I think.

I'm going to have to change my meta for next game. Nobody is ever going to believe me to be townie again.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon May 01, 2017 10:03 pm UTC

Dark Tower:
Spoiler:
With townies going after each other left, right and centre, we're feeling pretty confident as a team, but I am scared of SK and vig kills, as they could easily cause everything to unravel, if they hit us. The good news is that if I'm the victim, there should be enough false reads and links to the wrong players from me, that the rest of the team should be sitting pretty. My biggest problem is coming up with adequate scum reads on townies.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Tue May 02, 2017 2:58 am UTC

The Dark Tower:
Spoiler:
I've been playing really bad this game. I've really got no solid reads on anyone except Carlington. I swear games with Boomfrog and SDK get so much harder because I can't read them, plus we have YOLO, Zyth and Frozenflame. Bessie, dimochka, plytho, why did you have to die?
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue May 02, 2017 6:44 am UTC

Dark Tower
Spoiler:
Well, if Town is being dumb then there's no hope...

Vig (Charlie McGee, Zyth) is currently planning to shoot mpolo (Andy Mcgee, GA for Vig) because of Gopher's
mpolo might be a decent secondary target, if only to ensure they are telling the truth. At least you wouldn't hit town.

Gopher doesn't know that Zyth is Charlie. That's why you tell everything to a confirmed Town chat-partner, so even if you completely miss the flavor they can correct you.
I feel like flavor was mostly wasted this time, though it's partially my fault as I wanted flavor-blind people to enjoy the game as well. This is (I believe) the only actual circumstance when it would matter.

BTW GA is immune to Vig's kill because it wouldn't make sense from either flavor or mechanical pov that the target should kill the GA. So Zyth will be suspicious of mpolo, might claim and then scum will have a field day.

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Tue May 02, 2017 12:03 pm UTC

Yooooooo, roband! Long time no see.

Dark Tower:
Spoiler:
I wish my flakey meta hadn't come at the same time as a streak of getting scum roles, because now people think that flaky Carlington is scum Carlington, when really flaky Carlington is just Carlington. :(

I'm feeling just so uncomfortable with that hammer a-danglin' over my head. Scum knows how many they are, which means scum knows whether today is MYLO (potentially, anyway) which means scum has a pretty good idea of whether they can make a quickhammer work today and win. Please do not leave me at L-1 for long.
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue May 02, 2017 1:57 pm UTC

Dark Tower
Spoiler:
Currently looks to be another disastrous night for Town, they are lynching the backup, SK is killing mpolo (though I have no clue why, looks to be a bad play) and Mafia is killing BoomFrog. To note: JOAT has not yet submitted an action and I won't remind him again. He could potentially save someone, though this seems unlikely as he misreads scum.
So now it looks like a 3-3-1 situation tomorrow with VIg using up his first shot needlessly. Still is possible to win for Town but that would require flawless play and very lucky night-actions.

Ninja-edit: hopefully mpolo can turn the tide and they get the SK?

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Tue May 02, 2017 4:43 pm UTC

Dark Tower

Spoiler:
I'm cackling to myself.

I think I can outlast GoP and Carlington on lynches. If GoP ends up a mason though, I'm in hot water and need to make it past likely jimbob. If GoP ISN'T a mason or Zyth doesn't clear him, I'm in a very good position for endgame where even if I don't succeed, I'd be happy with getting that far.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue May 02, 2017 7:10 pm UTC

Dark Tower
Spoiler:
After I tried so many times to guess the mod's intentions and was completely unsuccessful, it's nice being at the other side for once and watch the players base their actions on the wrong conclusions.

Also just realized that Town still has a chance to win even if they mislynch D3 again. Requires extremely specific night-actions and lynches but technically 3-3-1 is not LYLO (which I think can only be correctly interpreted in a game without indies anyway.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Tue May 02, 2017 9:36 pm UTC

Dark Tower
Spoiler:
Wow... so my top theory now is GoP is Charlie McGee and a town vig who misfired at Bessie. Well I'm glad we don't have a SK, but that means we probably have a larger mafia, maybe 4 which doesn't really fit my reads unless SDK is scum. Hmm.

If I'm right then he's going to kill YOLOSWAG tonight if I don't convince him otherwise. Crap.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Wed May 03, 2017 12:23 am UTC

The Dark Tower:
Spoiler:
Did SDK just hammer? I think he just hammered.

I think town just lost this.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Wed May 03, 2017 12:35 am UTC

Regarding Crossfire:

I'm only going to run it between games, to fill the gap. I post new sign ups when Stephen King Mafia is finished.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed May 03, 2017 12:38 am UTC

Dark Tower
Spoiler:
Well, that seems like a clear SDK, Zyth scum team and I'm dead. Hopefully LaserGuy and GoP will take my last words with some weight. Let's see their scum mate is probably... JimBob, that would explain the lack of extra push when those two were already on the dimochka lynch. Actually if there is no SK then mafia needs four, probably FrozenFlame.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

bessie

Postby bessie » Wed May 03, 2017 4:51 am UTC

The Dark Tower
Spoiler:
Oh fucking hell. Good job town.

Sabrar wrote:
bessie wrote:GA not needing to target is a big deal; mpolo’s gojoe post implied he used/wasted it already.
Then I misunderstood you, it was in fact a 1-shot and is already used up, it just doesn't 'target' in the sense that Tracker/Watcher won't see it.
OK, then I don’t like it. Someone kills Zyth and mpolo leaves the game too. I don’t like roles that take out two players with one kill (like lovers). Why the restriction to N1? It’s not like town had an abundance of protective powers.

Sabrar wrote:Gopher doesn't know that Zyth is Charlie. That's why you tell everything to a confirmed Town chat-partner, so even if you completely miss the flavor they can correct you.
Sabrar wrote:After I tried so many times to guess the mod's intentions and was completely unsuccessful, it's nice being at the other side for once and watch the players base their actions on the wrong conclusions.
I don’t know your entire setup yet, but I hope there’s nothing that requires the players to take actions that you believe is the only logical and correct action to take in order to maintain the balance.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed May 03, 2017 4:56 am UTC

Dark Tower
Spoiler:
Okay, yeah, no way GoP made that bad of a mistake on accident. So mafia is SDK, Zyth,
GoP, with mpolo as a supporter. And if SK hit town we lose. Hope the SK listened to me and hit Zyth.

D2 with half scum is pretty tough, but I have to say scum played pretty well.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed May 03, 2017 5:06 am UTC

Dark Tower (@bessie)
Spoiler:
1. There was no restriction to use it on N1, mpolo decided that on his own.
2. I don't know what prompted that remark, I don't think there is anything like that in the game.

Edit: upon re-read that came out more snarky than I intended, sorry about that.
Last edited by Sabrar on Wed May 03, 2017 7:57 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Wed May 03, 2017 5:28 am UTC

Dark Tower:
Spoiler:
bessie wrote:
plytho wrote:People are right to be impressed by those deductive powers. That's 3/3 on the scum team.
I had the first two on D1 but didn’t have LaserGuy until I saw the flips. And I would have been wrong on the serial killer. I think Carlington’s been scum for so long he’s forgotten how to act townie.
:lol:
Evidently, I need to work on my reads. I'm pleased with the fact that I picked up on jimbob despite having never seen him as scum. However, the rest of the scumteam were my towniest reads, so...
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed May 03, 2017 5:30 am UTC

I really want to know what's happening in dark tower but there's 9 pages and I lost track of it around page 2 and I'm avoiding spoilers as I might need to replace. Does another spectator want to give me a one or two sentence run-down of what's going on because all these spoilers have me suspecting something cray has been happening!
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

bessie

Postby bessie » Wed May 03, 2017 8:21 am UTC

The Dark Tower @Sabrar
Spoiler:
Sabrar wrote:1. There was no restriction to use it on N1, mpolo decided that on his own.
My misunderstanding. You said mpolo didn’t need to target so I thought it was automatic on N1.

Sabrar wrote:2. I don't know what prompted that remark, I don't think there is anything like that in the game.
Sorry about this one, upon reread it didn’t come out as I intended. The comment about how a player should tell everything to a confirmed town chat-partner (which to me implied that to play in any other way is somehow wrong), coupled with the comment about guessing the mod’s intentions made me wonder if you had something particular in mind that the players needed to know or do to succeed, and if not knowing/doing so would put them at a disadvantage. Anyway, my bad for making it sound like an accusation.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed May 03, 2017 12:21 pm UTC

Dark Tower

Spoiler:
bessie wrote:The Dark Tower @Sabrar
Sabrar wrote:1. There was no restriction to use it on N1, mpolo decided that on his own.
My misunderstanding. You said mpolo didn’t need to target so I thought it was automatic on N1.

I debated not using my power on N1, but imagine how frustrating it would have been to lose twenty dollars and my self respect on N1 simply because of withholding.
Image <-- Evil experiment

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Wed May 03, 2017 12:47 pm UTC

Dark Tower @Madge
Spoiler:
Madge wrote:I really want to know what's happening in dark tower but there's 9 pages and I lost track of it around page 2 and I'm avoiding spoilers as I might need to replace. Does another spectator want to give me a one or two sentence run-down of what's going on because all these spoilers have me suspecting something cray has been happening!

As of the beginning of D3, there are six dead players; five of them are townies, and the last one is a guardian angel. I'm not sure what else I can tell you.

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed May 03, 2017 1:10 pm UTC

SirGabriel wrote:Dark Tower @Madge
Spoiler:
Madge wrote:I really want to know what's happening in dark tower but there's 9 pages and I lost track of it around page 2 and I'm avoiding spoilers as I might need to replace. Does another spectator want to give me a one or two sentence run-down of what's going on because all these spoilers have me suspecting something cray has been happening!

As of the beginning of D3, there are six dead players; five of them are townies, and the last one is a guardian angel. I'm not sure what else I can tell you.

Thanks SirG!

Dark Tower (no living players may read)
Spoiler:
So... I guess odds are good that I'd end up in the mafia if I replaced :lol:

I'm guessing no replacements are needed but if they are I should be right to do it tomorrow!
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed May 03, 2017 2:34 pm UTC

Dark Tower
Spoiler:
bessie wrote:I don’t like roles that take out two players with one kill (like lovers).
I had the setup ready for 12 players, complete with flavor and everything (it was the same as the final version but without the GA). In hindsight that might have been even worse for Town. BoomFrog signed up at the last minute and I had to find a role that would not cause any significant changes in the balance. Didn't want another Town because that seemed to make them too powerful, didn't want any indies that could actively win with scum either for the same reason. GA was what I arrived at, though I wasn't too happy with that decision either.

In other news it pays to read through the complete reveals. SDK thinks that mpolo's ward was the SK and doesn't understand why SK killed him so he suspects redirection. However mpolo would be immune to the SK's kill as stated in his role-pm so that scenario is not possible.
BTW the reason why Andy doesn't know the alignment of Charlie is simply because I didn't want to have another confirmed Townie in the game.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed May 03, 2017 4:21 pm UTC

Dark Tower
Spoiler:
let's see what I can predict pre spoiler reading.

SDK, Zyth, GoP mafia
Frozenflame, or JimBob SK

SDK will claim to not have know it was hammer vote.
GoP will stay on it a little bit, but begrudgingly get distracted by other priorities.
They will encourage a mass claim.
SDK will theorize that there are only two mafia plus mpolo was a supporter and we need to get the SK today to win.
Mass claim
SK lynch attempted.
Either way mafia win D4.
Boomfrog is slightly bitter.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Wed May 03, 2017 5:12 pm UTC

Dark Tower
Spoiler:
So, last night we killed BoomFrog, and the SK killed mpolo, I guess. No idea why the SK would target mpolo though... jimbob and SDK are fairly certain that mpolo was co-aligned with the SK and they should have known that. I'm less certain about that since that would make the balance very brutal for town (which, to be fair, this game has been brutal to town). SK could have been redirected, or maybe jailed with a 3rd party vig taking the kill instead, but that assumes a lot about a very few remaining power roles.

Based on what information we have, the SK has to be one of FrozenFlame, Zyth, or YOLOSWAG. FrozenFlame we have a result on (JoAT), and based on his play so far, I rather suspect he's copped me. So I think it's somewhat unlikely that he's SK. Of the other two, I'm leaning more toward YOLOSWAG. SDK tried to rolecop him last night, which got a null result. SDK could have been in jail. This would most likely have come from Zyth or YOLO, since I roleblocked Gopher, though I have no idea of how it would work if I roleblock a jailer.

Our situation is good, but precarious. With only three townies left alive, basically by process of elimination at least one of us is going to have to turn up as scum at some point. Generating a mislynch is going to be tricky. There's also at least one vig kill still out there (Frozen). It's not the end of the world if we have to eat a lynch.

There was a bit of a snafu last night about the hammer. SDK actually wasn't intending to hammer there, so our actions ended up being different from what we had wanted--I roleblocked GoP instead of YOLOSWAG, and the kill went on BoomFrog instead of Gopher. In the end, I think it probably worked out better for us this way, but it is a bit embarrassing.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed May 03, 2017 5:24 pm UTC

Dark Tower
Spoiler:
Well... I'm not bitter. Towns going to lose and we deserve to lose. I'm clearly very rusty and was misreading things all over the place. Scum (under SDK's leadership) was far more bold then I expected which is why I got the whole JimBob thing wrong, and that spiraled everything else out of control. Day chat really is an extremely strong scum ability. (And I think it should be standard in all games because it helps newbies the most which is good for the community)

@dimochka: I really wish I hadn't lynched you. Sorry to hear you were frustrated. I think claiming would have been better then not claiming but probably would have made no difference in the results. SDK was scum so don't take his reprimand at face value.

@bessie: Pleased to hear I impressed you, too bad it was over something insignificant. Still it helped me feel better about losing.

@GoP: Why, oh why, did you feel the need to put carlington at L-1? You were in zero danger of being lynched.

Just read LaserGuy's last spoiler. I tried to watch GoP so if they had left me alive I'd have lynched SDK for sure and maybe got a result on a second one. It would have been so much worse for them.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed May 03, 2017 8:45 pm UTC

Dark Tower @Boomfrog
Spoiler:
Not a problem, happens. I was a lot more upset initially, but at the end of the day it's a game. And yes, I probably shouldn't take what SDK was saying to heart.
Btw re: name spelling (thank you for getting it right!) - the easiest way is to just shorten it to dim. And for what it's worth, it doesn't terribly bother me when you misspell it.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed May 03, 2017 9:03 pm UTC

Dark Tower:
Spoiler:
I just managed to basically convince myself that Yoloswag is scum, yet I know that he isn't (he might be SK of course)! LYLO from a scum point of view with two out of three team members under suspicion and an SK still on the loose makes my head hurt.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu May 04, 2017 3:00 pm UTC

Dark Tower
Spoiler:
Oh, Yoloswag fails at fake claiming.
I'm Johnny Marinville, a commuter. I've used my ability every night.
Every town power so far except cop has stated it can't be used on the same target twice. Commuter also typically cannot be used twice in a row anyway on this site. I bet SDK gets him for it.

Too bad, I was rooting for YOLO.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu May 04, 2017 3:03 pm UTC

Dark Tower (@BoomFrog)
Spoiler:
I remember no such restriction for Commuter in recent games (e.g. in Secret Santa 2016 bessie could hide every night if she wanted to).

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri May 05, 2017 12:17 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:Dark Tower (@BoomFrog)
Spoiler:
I remember no such restriction for Commuter in recent games (e.g. in Secret Santa 2016 bessie could hide every night if she wanted to).

Dark Tower
Spoiler:
Well, still it seems to be the theme of your powers. I assume you didn't want any possible stagnation of choices. If one could commute every night why wouldn't you?

Also, I assume JimBob's item descriptions are from his PM. I like how they are all themed as junk found in the back of old comic books to hunt at their uselessness.

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Fri May 05, 2017 1:52 am UTC

Dark Tower

Spoiler:
Laserguy/jimbob/Zyth? SDK in place of jimbob if he's town?

Damn. It's fuckin crunch time. May claim SK, I believe I have leverage here.

bessie

Postby bessie » Fri May 05, 2017 3:26 am UTC

The Dark Tower
Spoiler:
Damn. It's fuckin crunch time. May claim SK, I believe I have leverage here.
Waaaaahhhh, this is going to be fun and I’m going to miss it! I’m so disappointed that I didn’t get to play very long, all the new/returning people are really great players. Better me dead and out than them I guess. I want everyone to have a good time so they stick around and play again.

Carlington wrote:Evidently, I need to work on my reads.
You had a much better D2! I think you would look a lot townier if you didn’t need to be prodded to post. :D

Sabrar wrote:I had the setup ready for 12 players, complete with flavor and everything (it was the same as the final version but without the GA). In hindsight that might have been even worse for Town. BoomFrog signed up at the last minute and I had to find a role that would not cause any significant changes in the balance. Didn't want another Town because that seemed to make them too powerful, didn't want any indies that could actively win with scum either for the same reason. GA was what I arrived at, though I wasn't too happy with that decision either.
The GA role was fine. I think mafia might be too powerful. And there was no way to confirm someone as mafia (if all cops get a town/not town result), and they have a godfather too.

BoomFrog wrote:Day chat really is an extremely strong scum ability.
The strongest. They don’t need to talk in thread. Right now they’re coordinating by pm as the claims come in.

BoomFrog wrote:@bessie: Pleased to hear I impressed you, too bad it was over something insignificant. Still it helped me feel better about losing.
On the contrary, to me it was the most important read in the entire game; a meta read by an experienced player on everyone else, and directly and indirectly on himself, which I myself could not have made. I have noted this information for future reference. I have no doubt that you really are a master at the arts of mafia, and I'm so disappointed we didn't get to interact more.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri May 05, 2017 4:59 am UTC

@bessie
Dark Tower
Spoiler:
Well then, FYI, I consider Madge to be similar to you, someone who likes a plan but doesn't want to make the plan, a cooperator.

Most players who play mafia long term fall into a sort of lone wolf mentality where they are used to just doing their thing and seeing what happens. Passive might not have been the right word, probably independent and self sufficient.

In retrospect, the fact that no scum had slipped yet on D2 was a strong sign of a leader in the group and incriminated SDK. But with so many new players I didn't see it .

Edit: Look how interested YOLOSWAG ​suddenly is in the game. It's because he's SK and finally cares about the outcome of the lynch. I thought he was just a generally flippant player, especially in light of his name.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Fri May 05, 2017 6:35 am UTC

I was considering putting Shakespeare III into signups, since the Dark Tower is winding down… Would there be interest? Or something else that should be run first? (It appears that the pre-signup queue is pretty dead.)
Image <-- Evil experiment

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri May 05, 2017 6:36 am UTC

Always interested in any game. I've had lot of fun with Shakespeare.

SDK

Postby SDK » Fri May 05, 2017 6:38 am UTC

YOLOSWAG was talking about running one. Whatever works though. I'll be in now that things have calmed down for the summer. Might even run a game of my own here finally.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

Return to “Mafia”