The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

moody7277

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby moody7277 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:20 pm UTC

Sungura wrote:Smalltown
Spoiler:
fuck you RR. Fuck you. May the wrath of Lawrence avenge my death. Not townie? NOT TOWNIE?! I gave you lots of aliens and werewolves.

Smalltown

Spoiler:
With that the kills look like this (my hypothesis in parentheses):
freezeblade lynched
zombie!dimochka killed by YOLOSWAG
Sungura killed by RR
crucialityfactor killed by (probably lone wolf since he's a werewolf)
moody killed by (probably the werewolves)
patzer (and Sabrar) killed by Suzaku.

Don't be too agrieved, Amy. Not everyone who was playing knows your prowess. Though I'm not sure how many of these people you were playing with after I dropped out.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

patzer

Postby patzer » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:30 pm UTC

Smalltown

Spoiler:
Sabrar wrote:Smalltown
@patzer: good game, was nice to have someone I could trust. Please let me know if there was any breadcrumb in this and the following 'hint' or you just wanted to appear doing so. Also if you have any advice on what I should have done differently, please don't hesitate to tell me.

Nope, there were no breadcrumbs there. I was just trying to sow some confusion to try to avoid being killed.

I think you played very well. Can't think of anything to add.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands. –Douglas Adams

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:20 pm UTC

Smalltown

Spoiler:
I think the low number of NK-s during the first night can only be explained by people not submitting their actions (or several people might have hit the same target but that seems unlikely), so Dr Ug is probably Lone Wolf. I would love to take his place (as he seems to be lurking again), earn some townie points by unveiling the Aliens and win as a serial killer. If #HBC | YOLOSWAG doesn't claim to be mind-controlled tomorrow and Town still does not catch on then I will be extremely disappointed in their abilities.

Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread

Postby Sungura » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:51 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:
Sungura wrote:Smalltown
Spoiler:
fuck you RR. Fuck you. May the wrath of Lawrence avenge my death. Not townie? NOT TOWNIE?! I gave you lots of aliens and werewolves.

Smalltown

Spoiler:
With that the kills look like this (my hypothesis in parentheses):
freezeblade lynched
zombie!dimochka killed by YOLOSWAG
Sungura killed by RR
crucialityfactor killed by (probably lone wolf since he's a werewolf)
moody killed by (probably the werewolves)
patzer (and Sabrar) killed by Suzaku.

Don't be too agrieved, Amy. Not everyone who was playing knows your prowess. Though I'm not sure how many of these people you were playing with after I dropped out.

smalltown
Spoiler:
RR did play some games with me right before I quit. I thought he honestly knew better, and was trying to protect me from scum, because that was a common ploy towards my end days because the wine around me as a player got to be so much people would fake bus me to protect me and shit. The fact he duped me makes me rage. So I want him avenged. I made Lawrence not block him, thinking he was really going to go after diemo or maybe cf, both whom I was fine with him taking out.

Bad guys left: HBC|YOLO, jimbob, DJ (obv jester is obv), RR, Ug, snark, conman, let's see how right I am. Most of these I have called out in thread early on some point or another - or called out by total admission (someone picked up i forget who, that I've like never mentioned ug or snark or conman). Sometimes I try to be a little more discrete, especially when I'm not sure I can make a case.

I know, probably few playing remember how I used to be. Especially after the Princess Bride game when i called every single anti-town day one, Kells was so shocked she saved the chat to post endgame :D that was epic. I don't think I've ever been 100% since? in large games especially, but I tend to be damn close. I just struggle to put into words my cases, so I latch on to someone I think i can bus, and then go from there.

Frankly I was happy to survive N1, the mod giving me the ability to make it to day 2 was the best role ever. Wish I could've lived longer because this was a fun game but oh well.

NOW AVENGE MY DEATH! KILL THEM SCUMBAGS!
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:53 pm UTC

Smalltown:
Spoiler:
I think this game now has a fairly high chance of ending in a lone wolf victory, though a Town win remains likely too. The wolves have attracted a bit too much attention to themselves I think, while I suspect our remaining alien is likely to attract one of the night kills.

Of course, which lone wolf might win I couldn't possibly say... :wink:
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Postby crucialityfactor » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:21 pm UTC

Smalltown

Spoiler:
Getting really exciting! I feel like this is going to be the deciding day/night cycle.

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:34 pm UTC

smalltown
Spoiler:
assuming snark is telling the truth, and DJ, then boom =D
Told you they weren't town.

(my list above was all bad guys aka not town), as snark says he wins with anyone, so that's not town.
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:05 pm UTC

Smalltown
Spoiler:
dafuck. I said. Mpolo is town. Way to fucking follow my instructions >_<

Towns lost this one

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:20 pm UTC

Smalltown

Spoiler:
I like DJ's style and for awesomeness reasons would like to give it to him, but I don't want the future of our universe to consist of jesters threatening us to get themselves lynched.

In other news I was really nervous about who to select as my targets but it seems everyone is enthusiastic about my choices which is awesome
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:36 am UTC

Smalltown

Spoiler:
If I were still in game, I would post that I don't negotiate with terrorists. DJ trying to blackmail the rest of the game for a win is almost certainly going to be unique to this game, but I don't like the precedent it would set if they went along with him.

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:00 am UTC

Smalltown
Spoiler:
At this point I would just like to thank Djehutynakht for bringing so much attention to himself, so that I could reference his Halloween game. Despite his attempt to get me to kill myself D1, he is now giving me a means of saving myself.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:35 am UTC

smalltown (anyone can read)
Spoiler:
REALLY? REALLY? REALLLLLLY? :evil:

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:38 am UTC

Smalltown (for Sungura):

Spoiler:
Hehehehehehe

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:45 am UTC

Smalltown
Spoiler:
Djehutynakht wrote:Don't think of me as a Jesterrorist. I'm just a guy trying to fulfill my win-con.

Oh, come on guys, DJ deserves his win just for posting this line! XD

Van

Postby Van » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:50 am UTC

Smalltown:
Spoiler:
Wow. Very crazy. Much killing. I kinda expected this to drag on a little longer than it looks like it is, which makes me think my strategy is a bit subpar. Hmm.

If we have 5 kills again, I'm probably not going to see tomorrow, but if I'm still alive... :D

Also, DJ: great play. I don't think I've ever seen a 3rd party role in such a good position to get what they wanted.
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:12 am UTC

Smalltown
Spoiler:
What's up with people listing all the right reasons not to lynch Djehutynakht and then voting for him anyway? Why is he allowed to take the focus on himself? Just let Madge kill him and go on scum-hunting as you're supposed to do. I can't abide bullying and would never agree to this.
Oh, it sucks having to remain silent while Town is throwing away his chances to win. I'm guessing Sungura didn't leave detailed notes for her mason buddies after all as by now they should already have lynched #HBC | YOLOSWAG. I mean his dimochka 'claim' is so transparent it hurts.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:24 pm UTC

Smalltown (primarily @Sabrar)

Spoiler:
Sabrar wrote: I'm guessing Sungura didn't leave detailed notes for her mason buddies after all

Most likely she did, but since at this point I think that's just Lawrencelot, and he wasn't here in her heyday when she was renowned for her ability to find scum (as say crucialityfactor or mpolo were), he may not be giving it as much weight as it deserves.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:27 pm UTC

Smalltown:

Spoiler:
I feel that these are going to be the best spoilers to read.

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:57 pm UTC

Smalltown (mostly at moody and sabrar)
Spoiler:
moody7277 wrote:Smalltown (primarily @Sabrar)

[spoiler]
Sabrar wrote: I'm guessing Sungura didn't leave detailed notes for her mason buddies after all

Most likely she did, but since at this point I think that's just Lawrencelot, and he wasn't here in her heyday when she was renowned for her ability to find scum (as say crucialityfactor or mpolo were), he may not be giving it as much weight as it deserves.

I guess i didnt spell it out as well as i shouldve. But the latest is nuts and should not have happened - the only thing i called wrong was RR and i hate i was duped. But yeah i said Hbc and jimbob needed to go, and no one is caring. I also left that i am certain day 1 results were a lie for the voters and all those folk should be left alone. So yeah. He is just not listening.

crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Postby crucialityfactor » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:36 pm UTC

Sungura wrote:Smalltown (mostly at moody and sabrar)
Spoiler:
moody7277 wrote:Smalltown (primarily @Sabrar)

[spoiler]

I guess i didnt spell it out as well as i shouldve. But the latest is nuts and should not have happened - the only thing i called wrong was RR and i hate i was duped. But yeah i said Hbc and jimbob needed to go, and no one is caring. I also left that i am certain day 1 results were a lie for the voters and all those folk should be left alone. So yeah. He is just not listening.

Spoiler:
I think just a lot of rational players got eliminated last night. We're left with all the crazys that weren't crazy enough to lynch. So the game will end up being unpredictable, somewhat illogical, and totally frustrating for us to watch from here on out.

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:38 pm UTC

Smalltown:
Spoiler:
Dj certainly isn't the first example of a 'jesterrorist' - think I've tried to pull the same stunt on occasion as a third party - but assuming things don't shift before deadline he may well be the first successful case that I've seen at any rate.
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:17 pm UTC

Smalltown @cf
Spoiler:
yeah, probably. I mean yiu knew i was mason i knew you were scum but i didnt want you dead, too manh other targets and too much fun alive, and sane, haha!

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:29 pm UTC

Smalltown:
Spoiler:
Something tells me that I'll get me wish to read all these spoilers soon... If I manage to survive the night, I'll be confirmed scum tomorrow probably, with DJ and Snark flipping. As I've been vegetarianised by Lawrencelot, I'm hoping I can persuade town to go after others first, but it's a bit of a long shot.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:05 pm UTC

Smalltown
Spoiler:
So basically you just allowed a player to win, who by his own admission didn't care for the game and just wanted to blackmail everyone. Congratulations. :evil:

SDK

Postby SDK » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:09 pm UTC

Smalltown
Spoiler:
Whatever. You don't lynch survivors either. There's nothing wrong with what DJ did here, and there's nothing wrong with the town deciding to negotiate with terrorists. Each faction, town included, is trying to maximize their chance to win, nothing else. DJ winning or losing doesn't affect the town win condition, which is why Jesters in a game with town-aligned kills is kinda meh anyway.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

JudeMorrigan

Postby JudeMorrigan » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:28 pm UTC

Smalltown

Spoiler:
In fairness, that survivor claim is suspicious as heck given the lack of any sign of siblings. But I don't have an issue with the lynch either. I'm sympathetic to the "don't set of precedence of negotiation" line of thought, but how often would jesters have the ability to cause that much mayhem? Even in this game - had Dje had say, Sungura's role, he wouldn't have warranted much more than a "whatever, dude". As is, I think it was perfectly cromulent play on Dje's part and I'm not sure town (or the scum factions for that matter) had all that much of a choice.

If anyone deserves to be groused at, I think it's the people with kills for not having taken him out sooner. Given the potential for Dje's role to get slightly silly.

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:29 pm UTC

Smalltown

Spoiler:
NOW we are in the part of mafia I love. Claims, people making gambits, decisions to be made! None of that pesky voting or scumhunting.

I hope killing Snark keeps me voteless as I much prefer being a vig to having a vote
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:35 pm UTC

Smalltown (@Djehutynakht)
Spoiler:
Congrats Djehutynakht on the epic jesterrorist win!

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:20 pm UTC

Smalltown
Spoiler:
Yeah, Town lost this one. This is what happens when you lynch Jesters instead of scum, as Djehutynakht might have blocked the kills. Suzaku and jimbobmacdoodle are now confirmed scum, while nobody suspects #HBC | YOLOSWAG and RoadieRich being the last 2 aliens. Plus we probably have a second Lone Wolf as well. If we have Druids and Sibling Survivors in the game it might mean that no Town is even left...
Edit due to rereading because of SirGabriel's post: ok, 2 Townies remain at least, so there' still some hope left
Edit2 RoadieRich not Alien? That doesn't make any sense. Are the Aliens really that stupid not to realize the power of their mind-control???
Edit3 Suzaku might not be scum, was confused a bit. Still probable due to frogman's early fixation on him.
Last edited by Sabrar on Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:48 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Snark

Postby Snark » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:32 pm UTC

Madge wrote:Smalltown

Spoiler:
I missed Snark, he's so insightful and clever. Maybe scummy too, who knows! But fun to have in a agme

<several spoilers later>

I hope killing Snark keeps me voteless as I much prefer being a vig to having a vote

Smalltown (Madge may read)
Spoiler:
Thanks Madge. :D

Thanks Madge. :?

Haha
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

Snark

Postby Snark » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:35 pm UTC

Smalltown
Spoiler:
Misnomer, you made a great game, as usual.

I'm pretty happy not dying til N3, especially given that the wolves learned I was dangerous to them, and still avoided the dogpile during D3.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:52 pm UTC

Smalltown:
Spoiler:
Oh, damn. I killed frogman/Echo. Since they're a wolf, and since no-one will own up to killing them, that means they were either killed by (a) a lone wolf or (b) a heretofore unknown kill ability. Meaning that I will have to play this very carefully.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:54 pm UTC

Smalltown (pt 2):
Spoiler:
Oh, wait, no. All is well. I just have to let people make the assumption that Snark killed Echo, I think. As long as we don't wind up with too many unexplained kills. And the deaths tonight might be a bit harder to hide behind.
pollywog wrote:

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:03 am UTC

Smalltown:
Spoiler:
Fun fact #1: it's still technically possible for Snark to win.

Fun fact #2: I've just realised it's also technically possible for this game to end with a day start in which 1 player (a traitor) remains alive, and has to lynch themselves.

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:33 am UTC

Smalltown
Spoiler:
so the only one ive called wrong so far is Ug was town.
Not too worried about that one as he was far down on my list anyway.
Town is being fucking stupid. Lol

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:05 am UTC

Smalltown:
Spoiler:
About the only good things to come from last night are that a) it is possible that with the support of survivors and traitors, wolves are in a winning positon, (unfortunately, I doubt that there are any survivors), and b) ConMan is confirmed scum, presumably alien. The only other possible aliens are Madge and Yoloswag, the latter of whom is unlikely. Unfortunately, I can't publicly announce this in thread as that would mean that SirG is outed as my teammate. I'd much rather Snark had flipped alien, but oh well.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Echo244

Postby Echo244 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:30 pm UTC

Smalltown:

Spoiler:
OK, so I started totally out of my depth on that game - scale, size, speed, catching up as a replacement... still, I survived a night, did better than a modkill which was my target, avoided suspicion as much as possible (Sungura aside, who is terrifyingly good and only slipped in thinking me an alien instead of a wolf) and got myself killed mysteriously. Fun!

Shame I couldn't engage with the final real-day of my final game-day, being AFK, but still, lots of fun.

And... woah, chaos. Another day, another massive brutal massacre. Nine players left. Lots of kills to go around. Carnage. Chaos. Fun!

Go team wolf!

5 stars, would play again.
Unstoppable force of nature. That means she/her/hers.
Has committed an act of treason.

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:09 pm UTC

Smalltown
Spoiler:
i think my meta is back...so i probably cant play for a few years again

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:23 pm UTC

Smalltown:
Spoiler:
SirG has suggested a fun tactic of trying to bribe town. Claim I have information on who is an alien, but that I will only give it if I wake up alive tomorrow. It's almost like the jesterrorist all over again :D

Of course, there's nothing requiring me to tell the truth tomorrow :twisted:
BlitzGirl the Primordial

dimochka
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Postby dimochka » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:31 pm UTC

Smalltown
Spoiler:
Wow, it's pretty amazing that we still have a shot at winning. A hell of a gambit too... but seems like this game is ripe of them.
And I am going to re-read everything Amy wrote because I'm really surprised that anything I said actually implicated me, but clearly there was something...
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

Return to “Mafia”