The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Peaceful Whale

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Peaceful Whale » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:37 am UTC

Stellaris
Spoiler:
I think Zennii is going to get lynched, and me with him.
I wonder how Sabrar/Bessie/more experienced players will react. Didn’t Zennie do this before and it turned out false?
I’m not going to let myself be led blindly, I want to see who hops on me, for an easy lynch... and I wonder what Madge will do...
My meta for future reference
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:38 am UTC

Stellaris
Spoiler:
Oooh, Vic has kinda attacked...
I wonder who else will...
However I’m worried that that was too scummy, and that townies will vote for me...
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:09 am UTC

Stellaris
Spoiler:
locking in h_a as town. He voiced the same thought I had about freezeblade. Only way he could be scum is if freezeblade is also scum, since he did similar early distancing of moody in x-over.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:06 am UTC

Stellaris:
Spoiler:
I think there is a cult, and I have a suspicion that Madge is power Town with some cult-related mechanic. Madge posted "Are there alignment changing roles" just before gamestart, but, checking the timestamps, I received my role-PM 7 minutes before Madge posted this. Madge is probably conftown, for D1 at least.

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:35 pm UTC

Stellaris:
Spoiler:
Totally unfazed at being on scummy lists, easy enough to play off as meta, especially after my streak of scum games, and my known "scummy as hell" meta. I just have to not implicate my partners...
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:50 pm UTC

Stellaris:
Spoiler:
Going to retract my previous read on Madge.

My role PM specifically says that I have an encrypted chat. Now wondering if Madge asked her question about listening roles because she was worried that the encryption could be broken.

I'm a little scared of the fact that there could be multiple lover pairs. That would be a hell of a way to balance this sort of setup.

[edit]
Also, I'm a little oblivious. In his first post, Zen revealed that he didn't know the name of the scum team. This is not in the Town role PM, so presumably that means he's Town. I think heury has spotted this, so he's Town too (he's obvtown anyway). George might have seen it, not sure. freezeblade doesn't appear to have. Sabrar doesn't appear to have. Just checking on bessie now. Very interesting.

wam

Postby wam » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:33 am UTC

Stellaris

Spoiler:
I have come up with a town strategy that I think may work. If they can somehow get two confirmed town. I.e two cop results that they trust, they can just lynch off everyone else in one day. Now reading this I wonder if suzaku would have put in a cop...
Come join us playing mafia signup here

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:37 am UTC

Stellaris
Spoiler:
Yes I did put in a cop, but it's one shot and you have both a roleblocker and a framer :)
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:48 am UTC

Stellaris:
Spoiler:
Sabrar is totally scum, isn't he? I'm going to die D1, I think.

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:07 am UTC

Stellaris

Spoiler:
Hi Gojoe, I'm town again. Off to a slow start D1 as usual.
I have a one shot tracker and a one shot watcher. Since the game might be very short I don't feel two shots is very limiting. I'll use them the first two nights, then claim full watcher or tracker with hopefully a result to support that, hoping to draw the kill N3. (if I survive that long)
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:44 pm UTC

Stellaris @Suzaku
Spoiler:
Since it's come up in thread and I don't think anyone's mentioned it in spoilers, do scum (or anyone) have day-chat this game?
any pronouns
----
----
Forum Games Discord
(tell me if link doesn't work)

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:21 pm UTC

Stellaris:
Spoiler:
Correction: I'm going to night killed N1. I've been obvtowning way too hard this game to avoid it. Sabrar can probably avoid the lynch.

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:50 am UTC

Stellaris

Spoiler:
So, one-shot doc one-shot vig.

I'll wait until someone claims to use my doc up, the vig I don't know. I might YOLO and use it for fun if there's someone I find really scummy.

Or..... just use it for intimidation on someone who was reading me scummy and being stubborn AF about it so that way in future people will think twice before they target me :lol:

... just kidding
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:26 am UTC

Stellaris
Spoiler:
Sigh, I’m trying to be helpful, but everyone says I’m just being harmful...
I think I’ll just sit out the next games, hopefully I’ll get better.
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:33 am UTC

Stellaris
Spoiler:
:cry:
Sigh... at least scum might kill me instead of a helpful towny...
Spoiler:

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:37 am UTC

Stellaris
Spoiler:
Should have bloody well known not to include ANYTHING that can happen in real time with this job. Hope that was close to the result you wanted, Zen, but you got put at L-3 originally literally 5 minutes after I walked into a marathon session today.
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:51 am UTC

Stellaris
Spoiler:
Anyone in Zen's place should have warned us long ago about this possibility. What was he thinking???

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:53 am UTC

Stellaris

Spoiler:
I 100% believe Zen knew about the Executive Order ability. Probably a plan to have his mafia team use it the moment he was at L-3. Either that or he is really unlucky about the fact that he made it up and then day ends. I am going to rolecop him tonight and cop Sabrar I'm thinking. I hate to cop Sabrar because I feel like he is town, but could be important to use if we need to save him.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

We'll win, but not everyone will get out

:idea: = Surprised Cyclops

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:26 am UTC

Stellaris
Spoiler:
Well, good morning town :shock: I like it!

I guess that makes Zen town because unlynchable scum seems insane. He really should have paid more attention though!

It couldn't be a scummy day ending day power, I think, that does not make sense with the flavor.

I guess I'll watch Zen tonight. Don't have a strong enough read to track anyone and Zen is now the most notable townie. There should be some action there, right?

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:29 am UTC

Stellaris

Spoiler:
Well, I'm doctor. And Vig.

I'm just going to shoot that guy. The power is anti-town anyway.

YOLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:30 am UTC

Stellaris
Spoiler:
Son of a...
Now I have to seriously think about claiming again, because Vicarin does have a point. Really I shoudl've realised town better knew about my "ability". I'm just afraid it might be taken as a gambit after the events of D1. I guess there might not be too much benefit to it as scum, it would probably not prevent my lynch. I'd just get lynched last that day, plus it would give town an implicit flip if it was revealed to be a lie. And scum would probably wouldn't say if it were true, since they generally benefit from unexpected nights.
I've never been good at "what would mafia do?" though. Good thing it's night so I can mull this over a bit.
—◯-◯

plytho

Postby plytho » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:17 am UTC

Stellaris
Spoiler:
Ugh, as always I've changed my mind in the mean time and now think Zen is more likely scum than town. (unless it's not a one-shot)

I think he has a one-shot day ending power and made up a fake claim around it. Wait, it really doesn't make sense for scum to use such a power D1.
It's way to powerful later on and should only be used if the lynch is unavoidable. So likely town (barring some potential restrictions on the power I'm not seeing now?)

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:50 am UTC

Stellaris
Spoiler:
... Zen is so going to get lynched...
I’m hoping my ability works with whoever has the majority vote, and we’ll learn wether Zen was scum or not....
I don’t think scum will NK him he’s to viable lynch target.
Or he’s scum himself.... :cry:
Spoiler:

cemper93

Postby cemper93 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:20 pm UTC

Stellaris
Spoiler:
This game shapes up to be absolutely hilarious. I won't read spoilers because I don't want to ruin it, but somebody tell me telepathically to confirm my armchair scumhunting: Sabrar and Vicarin are totally scum, aren't they?

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:33 pm UTC

Stellaris
Spoiler:
The thing that worries me is that I might be more useful to scum lynched than night killed. Which would put any useful PRs at a slightly higher chance of being night killed. :?
—◯-◯

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:36 pm UTC

Stellaris
Spoiler:
grumble grumble

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:51 pm UTC

Stellaris
Spoiler:
I hope it's obvious to people that Madge is scum based off the last few posts. If she isn't quick lynched, that would be somethin'.

I think Vic looks alright from it.

As for Sabrar, I'm not sure. Leaning scum. I imagine the scum convo went something like this,

Madge: there goes our plan! there's no way zenii has a role like this right!? sabar?

*waits for Sabrar to come online*

Sabrar: there's no way that role is real. im gonna bet that zenii is lying. he's done it before.

*looks up vote count*

ha! he was @ l-3 when he claimed! zenii is lying and just sealed the deal on his lynch.

Madge: I'll get ready to vote for him! Even if he is telling the truth, we will just be ending the day.

-- After day does end, Sabrar probably posts something about the role being op

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:22 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:Thanks for the smileys end of last game. At the time I dropped out, I wasn't feeling as interested in playing as I think someone aught to be; turns out I would have had to do so later on due to major RL issues that came up end of January.
Sorry to hear about your RL issues moody, I hope things are ok and that everything works out for you. Please come back and play again when you feel ready.

Or, you know, if you’re lurking you can always leave us some spoilers. :P

Stellaris Mafia

Spoiler:
Good one town.

I was so incredibly pissed off Thursday night. I was feeling sick during the day and I was supposed to go out because my husband was playing but I didn’t go, I stayed home. But hey, that meant I had time to work on a nice long catch up post, and maybe even a reads list! :D So I was working on a post (still not a great post because I wasn’t feeling well) chronologically like I always do and didn’t really absorb the implications of Zen’s claim like I should have (I don’t believe his power is vote related anyway I think he probably just pm’d the mod for day end) and I was trying to clean up my catch up post so I could get something up but I’m not a very organized thinker and don’t type fast and it was taking a long time because so many people in this game have been so incredibly scummy. So there’s a lot of posts that I need to respond to, damn Vicarin is indie-scummy, Sabrar is very un-Sabrar so suspicious, Peaceful Whale foolishly soft claims (Peaceful Whale, you can ask me about this later if you want feedback), this is before I even get home and start reading the thread. So I was hurrying trying to make a post and seriously just finished responding to “Ranmaru’s Game Winning D1 Reads” :lol: and fucking hell Suzaku ended the day and I was almost done with my post. Then after I calmed down I moved from pissed to pissed/depressed because this was shaping up to be a pretty good day with 2-3 lynches and put us in a good position on D2 and now a day later I’m just depressed because I hate playing scum.

wam

Postby wam » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:44 am UTC

stellaris

Spoiler:
So I have written my day start post already, nice slip in there as I'm killing PW but I have done an analysis of them. Also I said several times in previous comments and previous games If I'm not suspicious Day 1 I'm scum. :twisted:
Come join us playing mafia signup here

plytho

Postby plytho » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:29 am UTC

Stellaris

Spoiler:
I'm guessing Suzaku is pretty busy. The two private messages I sent him are still in my outbox.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:37 am UTC

Stellaris
Spoiler:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh
Spoilers!!!
Are any of them for me? Pwetty please?
... I forget when night ends, and it will take me to long to find the thread.... so I’ll wait around instead... I wonder what my result PM will be...
Spoiler:

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:17 pm UTC

Stellaris
Spoiler:
Sigh, apperently my ability is a day one... after the lynch, not just majority... sigh.
Spoiler:

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:22 pm UTC

Stellaris
Spoiler:
Suzaku wrote:Deadline for night is extended until midday tomorrow my time, as I haven't been able to respond to certain queries sent in Sabrar.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:09 am UTC

Stellaris:
Spoiler:
Longest night ever...

Am I dead? Culted? Bleh.

Sabrar and I are probably going to push to lynch Zen first tomorrow. After that, I dunno.

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:30 pm UTC

Stellaris

Spoiler:
Come onnnnn D2 I want to see the fallout from my completely irresponsible gunshot.

(mostly hoping zenii is actually scum so that way I can be a hero rather than have to defend my kill choice)

prediction if zenii flips town:

- someone saw me kill him
- bessie demands to know my logic in choosing him as a target
- i say purely because i thought his power was scummy and also i felt like using my power rather than being scared of it
- bessie talks about how illogical that is and quotes me saying in a game two and a half years ago that killing as a vig without town approval is terrible idea / that i would never kill as vig because i'd be too scared / something else that completely contradicts my behaviour
- sabrar defends me and says that's totally what town madge would do even if it is stupid

denoument: I get voted off anyway, sabrar is scum and bessie is town.

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:16 pm UTC

Stellaris
Spoiler:
Well, that was interesting:
Zenii is town, but was targeted by Madge for a kill. He was also watched by plytho and rolecopped by h_a.

Madge was blocked by freezeblade, so the kill failed, but Zenii was also framed by bessie, so instead of RCing as 'First Officer' h_a got 'Special Ops Agent' instead.

So Madge's prediction should, in fact, have come true, but she's been saved by freeze.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:31 pm UTC

Stellaris
Spoiler:
Really?!?! WHO KILLED ME AND WHY!!!
Spoiler:

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:55 pm UTC

Stellaris

Spoiler:
Most likely I will be lynched today. I'm glad I copped Sabrar so hopefully when I flip town that will clear him. People still could lynch him at the same time as me thinking I am trying to protect him, but the smart thing to do is wait for my role to he revealed. I suppose Sabrar could be Godfather or something, but I doubt it.
This is what is dangerous about Sabrar's plan of lynch 2 people where one is ls likely scum, because in our case no scum would be caught.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:15 pm UTC

Stellaris
Whoever I have quoted may read this. Only them though, it is super spoily
Spoiler:
wam wrote:So I have written my day start post already, nice slip in there as I'm killing PW but I have done an analysis of them. Also I said several times in previous comments and previous games If I'm not suspicious Day 1 I'm scum. :twisted:

WHY DID YOU KILL ME!!! WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY
Seriously though, why am I a target?
Spoiler:

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:40 pm UTC

Stellaris @ PW:
Spoiler:
Sorry you got killed last night :(

You were playing a pretty good townie game I thought. You just need to be more careful about giving away information about your role... your power was super strong! I was pretty sure that NK was either going to be you or me.

Return to “Mafia”