The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:14 pm UTC

somitomi wrote:wam's Simple Game
Spoiler:
Well, this Hitchhiker idea has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. Should've spent more time on my reads so I wouldn't get accused of having unoriginal reads for the umpteenth time. Well, can't wait for my flip when everyone will have to accept my apologies.

WSG
Spoiler:
Good effort. The second half of Being BoomFrog is being able to talk your way out of anything... :p The first half doesn't work so well without that.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
somitomi
Posts: 750
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:21 pm UTC
Location: can be found in Hungary
Contact:

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby somitomi » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:40 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:WSG
Spoiler:
Good effort. The second half of Being BoomFrog is being able to talk your way out of anything... :p The first half doesn't work so well without that.

Wam's Simple Game
Spoiler:
Thanks. Guess I should've used more Zaphod quotes for that part :wink: :D
Image
―◯‐◯ FG Discord◯‐◯―

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:56 pm UTC

wam's simple game:
Spoiler:
I'm amazed that I've somehow managed to shake off all the suspicion from D1. Not that I think any of it was justified (I could go back and find links to games where I've said I'd come back to answering a question later when I had more time, for example, or asked those "shade" questions).
plytho wrote:
plytho wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
plytho amusingly wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote: I need to review mpolo/plytho to see if that's plausible, but standalone, they are two of my top three scum reads, so I don't feel great that they are the third choice of the possible teams.
What do you mean by this? Would you like it better if this was his second or first choice?
Yes, I would have, especially first (first better than second, because it matches my reads better). You and mpolo are (were? I'm feeling less confident in my scum read of you currently, so moody might be scummier now, need to review) my two scummiest reads after LaserGuy. That means that if I'm not off track, LaserGuy's buddy is likely among {plytho, mpolo}. By placing that pair last, and lynching Madge first (who he's proposing lynching because she is the common member of the first two teams), he gets a mislynch, with no risk to his buddy.
I went from "this is weird, I don't get it" to "that's some very townie reasoning" although I need to think it through a bit more. Unfortunately I ran out of time.
Right, so my first response was: "Why is jimbob making such a big deal about LaserGuy not having the same read as himself? Two out of three is pretty good."

Jimbob's explanation shows he's really trying to match his reads to teams and is putting focus there. The whole "if LaserGuy is scum how does he treat his buddy in this situation" angle is very townie.
Strangely enough, scum can pretend to construct this kind of read too :twisted: Also amusingly, the argument I put together is mostly post-hoc. My original unspecified (fake) reasoning for being concerned with LaserGuy's suggested teams was that plytho and mpolo are my likeliest team from that list, therefore LaserGuy is suspicious for putting my likeliest team last... except that if that team is correct, LaserGuy is non-scum by definition. I realised this as I tried to write it out for plytho, so had to somehow modify it into an argument that made sense for scum!LaserGuy.

By the way bessie, sorry for killing you. I would have enjoyed watching you play more Madge-meta. We decided that it had to be one of you or plytho, and killing plytho would have put a noose around my own neck. Killing Sabrar or LaserGuy would have prevented all the fun of this TvT casing (which is turning into TvTvT, with only a tiny smattering of support from me), so we didn't want to do that. Killing Madge N1 is always mean, I feel, and mpolo is a mislynch waiting to happen.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
SuicideJunkie
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:40 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby SuicideJunkie » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:42 pm UTC

Inspired by the recent main comic, I found a handy reference:
xkcdmap.png

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby wam » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:04 pm UTC

Wams simple

Spoiler:
feel bad for laser I have had many sabrar tunnels and it is hard to shake him off. At the moment it's going to be lylo on day 3 as I cant see either scum being lynched.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Vicarin » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:03 am UTC

Wam's simple

Spoiler:
Alas, it's still very hard to tell between having a good run of luck with reads several game in a row or actually having those reads be correct due to your skill. As I'm sure Sabrar will find out assuming LaserGuy gets lynched today.

Maybe he needs me in the game to help calibrate the reads on other people :D

At least town seems to be narrowing down a fair bit on moody and jimbob as scum by process of elimination, there's a decent chance town still pulls through after hitting LYLO.

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Vicarin » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:16 pm UTC

Wam's simple

Spoiler:
Let me get this straight.

1. Sabrar has had a good track record D1 recently.

2. Sabrar has been NKed N1 a lot recently when correct or mostly correct D1.

3. Sabrar was not NKed N1 this game.

Hmmmmmmmmmm..... :?

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Madge » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:44 am UTC

Was it someone here that suggested the party game where everyone draws in a different colour, one line at a time, to a communal picture, and everyone except one knows what the goal drawing is, and the goal is to detect the defector and for the defector to guess what the picture is of.

My D&D group played it last night based on my vague recollections and it was fun but I'm pretty sure I missed some important rules that would have made it better as it didn't feel like I had everything there.

Does anyone remember the name of the game because I can't remember it?

edit: I tried googling it again and I found it: https://oinkgms.com/en/a-fake-artist-goes-to-new-york
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrar » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:57 am UTC

wam v2.0
Spoiler:
As suspected, Madge is Cop. Looks like she checked jimbob last night which should clear things up.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby plytho » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:23 am UTC

Madge wrote:Was it someone here that suggested the party game where everyone draws in a different colour, one line at a time, to a communal picture, and everyone except one knows what the goal drawing is, and the goal is to detect the defector and for the defector to guess what the picture is of.
Might have been me! Did you find additional rules or was it just a bad fit?
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Madge » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:22 pm UTC

The big differences were:

- We didn't announce a category for the word, so the fake had no idea what the word was at all
- The "question maker" wasn't aligned with the fake, instead they had to guess who the fake was with the other artists
- The QM didn't know who the fake was (duh)
- Everyone drew once, rather than twice as the rules said (with the question maker drawing the first line)
- We left the fake's paper blank rather than drawing an X, drawing an X would have been good

We had a heck of a lot of fun but it didn't feel like a "balanced" game (it was very, very frustrating to be the mole!). I think it being the QM and the fake versus all the artists would have fixed that.

What was lacking in the rule book though was a guideline on how close the guess can be: I assume getting "bathing suit" versus "bathers" would be OK, but the one where I was the mole, I guessed "treasure chest" when the answer was just "treasure", which I think should have counted
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Vicarin » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:39 pm UTC

Wam's simple:

Spoiler:
Oh boy, here goes Sabrar being way overconfident in his reads again. At least his lynch list of 3 has 1 scum on it I guess...

mpolo claiming here is a bit weird, but oh well, helps narrow down the possibilities for everyone else.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrar » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:28 pm UTC

wam v2.0
Spoiler:
I need to remember for next time not to be so obvious about who the Cop is. Luckily mpolo came out so he's a good target for the nk but I have to draw attention away from Madge as well as making sure town will trust her should I get killed instead. Why can't life be simple???

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby plytho » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:34 pm UTC

Madge wrote:the one where I was the mole, I guessed "treasure chest" when the answer was just "treasure", which I think should have counted
Oh definitely. I guess you should sort of align on this with your group beforehand.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrar » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:27 pm UTC

wam v2.0
Spoiler:
Feel free to mock me... :oops:

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby plytho » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:53 pm UTC

Wam's bsg
Spoiler:
So I think Sabrar figured mpolo was deliberately fake claiming jailkeeper but actually meant doctor because that confirmed his cop read on Madge or something like that. Also, I really like my read on moodbob.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
SuicideJunkie
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:40 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby SuicideJunkie » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:35 pm UTC

It occurs to me that Reversi will need to have a careful consideration of power roles.
Town only needs to correctly identify one Mafia player in order to win, with the caveat that they won't be able to confirm that identification with a flip since they need to keep the target alive.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4581
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby LaserGuy » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:42 pm UTC

I'd recommend envisioning the setup as a pure vanilla game: No night, no kills, no power roles at all, just lynches. If there's no breaking strategies there, then think about what you can safely add without breaking the integrity of the game. It may end up being more fair to give Town a couple of 1-shot vigilantes than giving mafia a NK, for example.

User avatar
SuicideJunkie
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:40 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby SuicideJunkie » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:56 pm UTC

With just lynches, I don't think town can win.
Even with perfect play, town would be lynched until the mafia get control of the vote, and then it ends in a 1v1 draw.

It might work if a couple townies have a suicide pill to be used after they think all the other town is lynched. Anyone not wanting to be lynched would be acting very strange.
Edit: Or if the traditional auto-end when Mafia control the vote is applied, even if it wouldn't naturally play out that way, I suppose.


My default assumption was making the Mafia NK to be mandatory and only town targets, which will ensure a town win if Mafia ever control the vote with a majority.
It could be counterbalanced with an Obligatory Doctor perhaps. It would be a fairly low-damage power, since it is likely to miss early game, and if the doctor locks in on a mafia player, then it stops hurting town at all.
I suppose it could also work as a pseudocop; if there is ever not a night kill, then the doctor has a known townie to lynch.

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Vicarin » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:18 pm UTC

Wam's simple:
Spoiler:
Zebra wrote:Feel free to mock me... :oops:


Way ahead of you :P. One day, you won't be overly sure of something that turns out to be false. But today is not that day!

User avatar
freezeblade
Posts: 1388
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Oakland

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby freezeblade » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:48 pm UTC

I still think that another option would be for Mafia to either not know each other (like we did in Asylum or Alien mafia) with no night-chat (or though a third party app/site that anonymizes the names). Perhaps no NK, or randomly assign the decision for NK target to a member of the remaining mafia each night.

SuicideJunkie wrote:With just lynches, I don't think town can win.
Even with perfect play, town would be lynched until the mafia get control of the vote, and then it ends in a 1v1 draw.

It might work if a couple townies have a suicide pill to be used after they think all the other town is lynched. Anyone not wanting to be lynched would be acting very strange.
Edit: Or if the traditional auto-end when Mafia control the vote is applied, even if it wouldn't naturally play out that way, I suppose.


My default assumption was making the Mafia NK to be mandatory and only town targets, which will ensure a town win if Mafia ever control the vote with a majority.
It could be counterbalanced with an Obligatory Doctor perhaps. It would be a fairly low-damage power, since it is likely to miss early game, and if the doctor locks in on a mafia player, then it stops hurting town at all.
I suppose it could also work as a pseudocop; if there is ever not a night kill, then the doctor has a known townie to lynch.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

User avatar
SuicideJunkie
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:40 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby SuicideJunkie » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:41 pm UTC

Perhaps this should be three separate games.
Reversi:Light Side (completely unflavoured no night)
Reversi:Flip (common rules)
Reversi:Dark Side (extra powers)


I was just thinking that anonymized night chat wouldn't last very long before people figure out who is talking.
That lead me to jump to: what if the anonymized night chat was public in the morning? That would make the chat participants need to keep their secrets, and pour buckets of wine on it.

Random assignment for NK targets... it would drop hard facts that there is still another mafia out there if you don't get the NK.
I can see an obvious strategy, but it drowns in wine.
Could be replaced by a secret vote & random tiebreaker, but I don't think it would be necessary unless the mafia clues are unbalancing.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4581
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:18 pm UTC

You could give every player a kill, subject to the conditions that they can't self target and mafia can't target their teammates.

Reminds me of a setup, can't remember the name of it, where there's 12 players divided up as 8 vigilantes and 4 doctors (mafia included), but 4 of the vigilantes only fire blanks and 2 of the doctors are quacks and don't protect.

User avatar
SuicideJunkie
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:40 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby SuicideJunkie » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:24 pm UTC

While there are tons of ideas for more games (and a couple tangential ideas for powers I can't say without ruining), I think I'm going to have to keep the first Reversi to a Vanilla game with just the one big twist, and save the ideas for later.

French Vanilla, that is, not flavourless.
Ending when the mafia get vote control, with a standard Mafia win (IE: Mafia players lose, Town players win) sounds best.
It will be fairly easy for town to correctly mislynch when voting randomly, so Mafia will need some power or player count help. Particularly so if the NK remains.
What form that takes should remain closed for wine purposes, since Doctor is an easy claim to try and get lynched for.

User avatar
SuicideJunkie
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:40 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby SuicideJunkie » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:50 am UTC

Bedtime thoughts:
Reversi -> Losing is good -> Losing is fun -> Mafia Fortress.

Cult-Scum is a werebeast or vampire infecting/eating the others.
Hammerer, Doctor, Tavern Keeper, Nobles, Soldier, etc for powers.

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Madge » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:46 pm UTC

Wam's simple

Spoiler:
lol that was great I forgot about the game again. I'll have tosee if I can get gmail to mark the topic reply notifications as "important" so they don't hide away in my forum tab.

@jimbob, RE my laserguy positioning on the TOWN-SCUM table: just because i like laserguy's logic doesn't mean he's not scum. scum tell sweet lies, which is why they're able to win from time to time. I mostly have him at the bottom because of the consensus, though, which I know makes me terrible
'
@sabrar you are my budy and you convinced me because i was sheeping you oh wait i forgot we're not in the alternative universe where we both rolled scum idk because i'm not scum.

TOWN
mpolo
Sabrar
Jimbobmacdoodle
LaserGuy
plytho
moody7277
SCUM

LG goes up, moody goes down becaus of moody's scumslip - maybe a nulltell but still as concerning as anything we've seen

LOL LG said at 3am local time with the deadline in two hours that "assuming Madge doesn't show up to vote, which is possible". Yeah, I'm not voting between 3am and 5am, like, ever. Sorry guys.

@Sabrar I don't do homework. Also making a town moody / scum moody case seems... redundant now
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Vicarin » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:00 am UTC

Wam's simple

Spoiler:
plytho just continuing to absolutely crush this game, damn.

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:25 am UTC

Wam's simple game:
Spoiler:
Guess it's high risk, high reward time. It's a gamble bussing moody like I did (sorry!), but if I can shift a couple of players into thinking that I cannot be moody's buddy, then I'm quids in. I'd hoped that plytho might instead get lynched, but I couldn't switch to save moody without looking super suspicious. Hopefully mpolo blocks plytho, not me, otherwise I'm stuffed. He dies tonight, assuming he doesn't block me, then possibly Sabrar N3 if I survive another day? Will have to judge that following the day. Lynch targets are between Madge, plytho, and LaserGuy. Trying to paint plytho as a moody buddy will be tough though, so maybe he dies N3 instead. A moody/LaserGuy team could be pushed, and Madge could be anybody's buddy.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrar » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:08 am UTC

wam v2.0
Spoiler:
There is no way moody was scum with those votals...

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Vicarin » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:23 pm UTC

Wam's simple:

Spoiler:
Ah, the spoilers continue to be hilarious. Good times.

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby bessie » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:14 pm UTC

wam's belated simple game

Spoiler:
my other puppy half wrote:Feel free to mock me... :oops:
I think I can accommodate that request.


http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?p=4441030#p4441030
Sabrar-Zebra wrote:
Madge-Zebra wrote:Why are we voting LaserGuy?
Just sheep me for an easy win. :lol:
Hahahahaha.


http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?p=4441626#p4441626
Sabrar-Zebra wrote:@Madge: please contribute. You can't count on me defending you forever.
beep beep beep beep beep

Hmm, I thought that lie detector I created only worked on BoomFrog.


http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?p=4442217#p4442217
the brilliant plytho wrote:
the other puppy wrote:As bessie could attest I'm always quite sure that I will be the nk each night (and I no longer prepare any analysis during the night because of that). This also means however that I'm a good target for a Doc or Jailkeeper to protect (though that actually rarely happens) and I think we could infer a few things about the setup on why scum didn't try to kill me.
Just because you always think you'll be the NK doesn't mean scum thinks so too. Your second line definitely doesn't follow your premise. You think doctors should protect the people who tend to think they'll be the NK? This is possibly the wrongest thing I've heard you say.
Aw, this is cute. Sabrar pouting because he thought he should have been the night kill, and also that he should have been protected overnight because he was the obvious night kill. :P And plytho is totally correct here.


http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?p=4442405#p4442405
someone that totally makes me laugh wrote:
the other puppy wrote:@LaserGuy: if you're town you have the most horrendous reads and reasoning, like ever. Maybe Crossover comes close.
jimbob should not be the lynch today. Madge has good instincts after D1 (something bessie always nags me to acknowledge).


Bad reads are my superpower.
No comment needed. :lol: 8-)


Re: Sabrar’s posts following mpolo’s claim (P8-9): Hahahahaha.


http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?p=4442503#p4442503
Sabrar-Zebra wrote:Because of my super-secret information.
See above. Everything always goes back to defending Madge.


Best read of Sabrar this game is here.


the other puppy wrote:There is no way moody was scum with those votals...
[bessie wipes a tear from her eye.]


Vicarin wrote:plytho just continuing to absolutely crush this game, damn.
Vicarin wrote:Ah, the spoilers continue to be hilarious. Good times.
+1, QFT, dude you read my mind.

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby wam » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:58 pm UTC

Wams simple @Bessie and vic

Spoiler:
Next time sabrar tunnels me day 1 I may just hyperlink back to this game :twisted:
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby plytho » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:02 pm UTC

Wam's bsg
Spoiler:
That was a wild end of day ride. :D I've been doing my homework now and while any moody post I read confirms that he's scummy, I do get some doubts by looking at Madge-jimbob connections.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby bessie » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:44 am UTC

wam wrote:Wams simple @Bessie and vic

Spoiler:
Next time sabrar tunnels me day 1 I may just hyperlink back to this game :twisted:


wam's belated simple game
Spoiler:
I may just be hyperlinking back to this game for a very long time... :) :D :lol: :P

Hmm, reading through the end of day, I think jimbob should have tried to find a reason to unvote, which may have kept the lynch from swinging to moody. I don't think his moody vote is going to get him that much townie cred, and he's going to have a very difficult D3.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrar » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:27 am UTC

Thingyman from Mafia Universe contacted me, they'll be having the next Mafia Championships soon. If any xkcd-er wants to participate let me know. Deadline for registration is April 26.

Some important stuff:
Your representative should be prepared for having to read upwards of 600 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. Additionally, there’s a requirement that each player must make at least 10 posts per Game Day. Only active players should apply/participate.

Format is:
- 17 players, 4 Mafia, no indies, everybody is a PR
- However abilities are distributed randomly across alignments (so you can have scum with Vig, Cop or anything else)
- there are 1-shot, even/odd and normal PR-s, no exotic roles
- ability won't be revealed in the flip, just the alignment
- hammer doesn't cause day to end, only deadline (so basically there is no hammer)

Full details here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E9x7nJkSPmv1ZtSKFdSmLsvD4DQoX13i2MA9VG5p4W4/edit

User avatar
somitomi
Posts: 750
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:21 pm UTC
Location: can be found in Hungary
Contact:

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby somitomi » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:43 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:Some important stuff:
Your representative should be prepared for having to read upwards of 600 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. Additionally, there’s a requirement that each player must make at least 10 posts per Game Day. Only active players should apply/participate.


I'm gonna run and hide, 600 posts per IRL day is a thing of nightmares.
Image
―◯‐◯ FG Discord◯‐◯―

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby wam » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:05 am UTC

somitomi wrote:
Sabrar wrote:Some important stuff:
Your representative should be prepared for having to read upwards of 600 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. Additionally, there’s a requirement that each player must make at least 10 posts per Game Day. Only active players should apply/participate.


I'm gonna run and hide, 600 posts per IRL day is a thing of nightmares.


And that's why finding a representative from here has always been a challenge!
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 617
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby moody7277 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:52 pm UTC

For that game, Sabrar's posting rate is considered "average".
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
SuicideJunkie
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:40 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby SuicideJunkie » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:19 pm UTC

For a slower game, Reversi signups are also open. :)

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Vicarin » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:06 pm UTC

So what exactly are the lynch mechanics going to be? What happens if there's a tie in the votes? How does NL not get allowed in such a situation? If everyone just refuses to vote the entire day and twiddles their thumbs instead, what happens?

I also think it should be Misere mafia, but oh well :P.


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests