Mafiascum Round 4.

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Sarr
Posts: 891
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:34 pm UTC

Re: Mafiascum Round 4.

Postby Sarr » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:15 pm UTC

No, actually, if it works the way we think it does, Then we've got 2 godfathers and a SK. Just pointing that out.
Rakysh wrote:Basically, xkcd is basically for punching into submission the dumb frat guy in your brain.

User avatar
Tanya
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:01 am UTC

Re: Mafiascum Round 4.

Postby Tanya » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:56 pm UTC

une see wrote:So I just found out I will be leaving Monday for 6 days or so. I don't know if I will have internet access or not; probably not, though. Sorry about this. I'll probably have to be replaced if the game doesn't finish before then (and it probably won't, considering our current pace).


Also the inactive player mentioned in the previous post has returned (possibly due to email sent from PM) and had their night role counted tonight.


I think this could be une see.

User avatar
Gojoe
Posts: 3218
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:45 pm UTC
Location: New Zealand!!!

Re: Mafiascum Round 4.

Postby Gojoe » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:33 pm UTC

From my passive stand point, une see has popped in like once a day...
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

User avatar
Tanya
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:01 am UTC

Re: Mafiascum Round 4.

Postby Tanya » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:03 pm UTC

Gojoe wrote:From my passive stand point, une see has popped in like once a day...


Are you not supposed to be dead?

User avatar
Gojoe
Posts: 3218
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:45 pm UTC
Location: New Zealand!!!

Re: Mafiascum Round 4.

Postby Gojoe » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:28 pm UTC

Tanya wrote:
Gojoe wrote:From my passive stand point, une see has popped in like once a day...


Are you not supposed to be dead?


Oops, i thought this was the discussion thread.... cough...
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

User avatar
une see
Is my girl
Posts: 1038
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:31 pm UTC
Location: a tenuous grip on reality
Contact:

Re: Mafiascum Round 4.

Postby une see » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:01 pm UTC

I've been playing, just not as actively as I used to. If you check my post count, I usually post once a day or so. Anyway, I'm coming back from Buddhist camp today, so I will have more time to post now.

So both the doctor and cop are dead now...I was really sure that Upsilon was mafia or SK, though. And Blast was a commuter? Why do we have so many commuters in this game (such a random role by the way). Um...what should we do now?
T.S. Eliot in "The Waste Land" wrote:APRIL is the cruellest month, breeding
Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
Memory and desire, stirring
Dull roots with spring rain.

User avatar
Bulvox
Posts: 678
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:37 pm UTC
Location: Not Bunny
Contact:

Re: Mafiascum Round 4.

Postby Bulvox » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:46 am UTC

i think we discuss and ask Tanya why she hasn't been posting and to share her suspicions with us.
Image
See Ya Space Cowboy...

Tigerlion
The Communist formerly known as Tigion
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:24 pm UTC
Location: Cleveland.

Re: Mafiascum Round 4.

Postby Tigerlion » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:48 am UTC

And why she seemed to accuse une see with little-to-no evidence.

User avatar
Tanya
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:01 am UTC

Re: Mafiascum Round 4.

Postby Tanya » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:35 am UTC

I was looking for mafia and realized it's probably a mafia holding up the night. If it was une see that has a night role she is most likely mafia, since the mods wouldn't have to wait for a commuter.

User avatar
une see
Is my girl
Posts: 1038
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:31 pm UTC
Location: a tenuous grip on reality
Contact:

Re: Mafiascum Round 4.

Postby une see » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:52 pm UTC

Um...I don't understand your reasoning...I haven't been the only one not being as active as is optimal this past week. In fact, I have definitely been posting more than you have, and I actually could not access the computer for most of the day while I was away.
T.S. Eliot in "The Waste Land" wrote:APRIL is the cruellest month, breeding
Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
Memory and desire, stirring
Dull roots with spring rain.

User avatar
une see
Is my girl
Posts: 1038
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:31 pm UTC
Location: a tenuous grip on reality
Contact:

Re: Mafiascum Round 4.

Postby une see » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:27 am UTC

I didn't notice it when I was away because I couldn't post that much anyway, but this game really does move slowly...

I am most suspicious of Tanya right now. I don't like how she seems to come into this thread only to vote or post something relatively useless, not counting this past day when she tried to accuse me of being mafia for a completely illogical reason. (Why would you assume that I have a night role anyway?) The next most suspicious to me is poprocks and coke.
T.S. Eliot in "The Waste Land" wrote:APRIL is the cruellest month, breeding
Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
Memory and desire, stirring
Dull roots with spring rain.

Tigerlion
The Communist formerly known as Tigion
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:24 pm UTC
Location: Cleveland.

Re: Mafiascum Round 4.

Postby Tigerlion » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:27 am UTC

Yeah, I think you're right, une. Tanya is covered up poorly.

Tigerlion
The Communist formerly known as Tigion
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:24 pm UTC
Location: Cleveland.

Re: Mafiascum Round 4.

Postby Tigerlion » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:32 am UTC

Oh, hey, what an embarrassing typo.
*Tanya covered up poorly.

User avatar
Bulvox
Posts: 678
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:37 pm UTC
Location: Not Bunny
Contact:

Re: Mafiascum Round 4.

Postby Bulvox » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:55 am UTC

i have been quite suspicious of the lurkers, such as tanya, for a while now. as it is i have provided her with a chance to redeem herself in my eyes. she has failed to do so. also, nice typo Tigion. vote: Tanya
Image
See Ya Space Cowboy...

User avatar
Azrael001
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:15 am UTC
Location: The Land of Make Believe.
Contact:

Re: Mafiascum Round 4.

Postby Azrael001 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:01 am UTC

I agree.

Vote Tanya.

Spoiler:
:D
23111

User avatar
Silknor
Posts: 842
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:21 am UTC

Re: Mafiascum Round 4.

Postby Silknor » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:32 am UTC

5 votes to lynch.

Current Votes:
1+i for Tanya.
Nikc wrote:Silknor is the JJ Abrams of mafia modding

User avatar
une see
Is my girl
Posts: 1038
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:31 pm UTC
Location: a tenuous grip on reality
Contact:

Re: Mafiascum Round 4.

Postby une see » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:15 am UTC

Azrael? You're alive again? Welcome back! :D

Um...yeah. I already said why I thought Tanya was suspicious, so...

Vote: Tanya
T.S. Eliot in "The Waste Land" wrote:APRIL is the cruellest month, breeding
Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
Memory and desire, stirring
Dull roots with spring rain.

User avatar
AKAnotu
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:20 am UTC
Location: Hurricane-torn Illinois

Re: Mafiascum Round 4.

Postby AKAnotu » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:25 am UTC

On the risk of being called a mafioso for not giving much reason, I think tanya is suspicious
vote: Tanya
Abraham Lincoln wrote:If you are racist, I will attack you with the north.

Tigerlion
The Communist formerly known as Tigion
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:24 pm UTC
Location: Cleveland.

Re: Mafiascum Round 4.

Postby Tigerlion » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:34 am UTC

Heck, I'm with you. Tanya's own argument probably could be used against her, even.

Tigerlion
The Communist formerly known as Tigion
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:24 pm UTC
Location: Cleveland.

Re: Mafiascum Round 4.

Postby Tigerlion » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:34 am UTC

Buh.
Vote: Tanya.

User avatar
The Moo Prophet
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:01 am UTC
Location: North Carolina (the good part)

Re: Mafiascum Round 4.

Postby The Moo Prophet » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:07 am UTC

DAY 5 - 5 Votes to Lynch
1. SPsnow02
2. MartinW
3. Tigion --- Tanya
4. AKAnotu --- Tanya
5. Bulvox --- Tanya
6. Blast
7. Drconcon
8. sarr
9. Kellsbells
10. Mr Pete
11. DragonRidr
12. Upsilon
13. nsmjohn
14. michaelandjimi
15. willwithskills
16. Megatriorchis
17. Poprocks and coke
18. NebuDuck
19. Rodan
20. Gojoe
21. Azrael001
22. Une See --- Tanya
23. Tanya
24. Overbored

4 Votes for Tanya

The new executioner waits silently and patiently, keeping tally of the votes.

Tigerlion
The Communist formerly known as Tigion
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:24 pm UTC
Location: Cleveland.

Re: Mafiascum Round 4.

Postby Tigerlion » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:11 am UTC

Oh, I see. Azrael's must not count.

User avatar
The Moo Prophet
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:01 am UTC
Location: North Carolina (the good part)

Re: Mafiascum Round 4.

Postby The Moo Prophet » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:17 am UTC

Sorry, I apologize:

4+i votes for Tanya

User avatar
Silknor
Posts: 842
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:21 am UTC

Re: Mafiascum Round 4.

Postby Silknor » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:17 am UTC

Azrael is dead (hence the weight of his vote as i), but he has an impressive ability to form bandwagons from beyond the grave!
Nikc wrote:Silknor is the JJ Abrams of mafia modding

User avatar
The Moo Prophet
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:01 am UTC
Location: North Carolina (the good part)

Re: Mafiascum Round 4.

Postby The Moo Prophet » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:20 am UTC

Yeah, I would almost say that is against the rules but....yeah. I wish I hadn't killed off those inactive players earlier, would have been neat to replace them with dead townies (As in, people with no additional knowledge of the game beyond what has been posted), but the wrath of the Mods is swift and their decisions irrevocable.

User avatar
Bulvox
Posts: 678
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:37 pm UTC
Location: Not Bunny
Contact:

Re: Mafiascum Round 4.

Postby Bulvox » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:43 am UTC

so either sarr, Dragonrdr, or Poprocks and Coke needs to step up and say something.
Image
See Ya Space Cowboy...

User avatar
Tanya
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:01 am UTC

Re: Mafiascum Round 4.

Postby Tanya » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:20 am UTC

I think une see has a night role because she was away when the night lasted a long time. And said she could not access a computer. I have been lurking because this is my first game and I also had some flu recently.

Remember: there are just 5 townies left we can't afford to lynch another townie.

User avatar
Bulvox
Posts: 678
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:37 pm UTC
Location: Not Bunny
Contact:

Re: Mafiascum Round 4.

Postby Bulvox » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:25 am UTC

the flu is no reason to not be on the internet, in fact it's a reason to be on the internet even more than usual.
Image
See Ya Space Cowboy...

User avatar
Tanya
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:01 am UTC

Re: Mafiascum Round 4.

Postby Tanya » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:25 am UTC

Vote une see

User avatar
Tanya
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:01 am UTC

Re: Mafiascum Round 4.

Postby Tanya » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:28 am UTC

Bulvox wrote:the flu is no reason to not be on the internet, in fact it's a reason to be on the internet even more than usual.


I had a fever and was not feeling well.

User avatar
une see
Is my girl
Posts: 1038
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:31 pm UTC
Location: a tenuous grip on reality
Contact:

Re: Mafiascum Round 4.

Postby une see » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:02 pm UTC

Tanya wrote:I think une see has a night role because she was away when the night lasted a long time. And said she could not access a computer. I have been lurking because this is my first game and I also had some flu recently.

Remember: there are just 5 townies left we can't afford to lynch another townie.


What? Do you have no reading comprehension skills? I already said that I could access a computer while I was away, just not as much as I wanted to. I posted pretty much every day, which is more than can be said for you. How can you possibly accuse me of holding up the night when I posted in this thread more than you did? I really don't get how you are trying to make this argument against me...

Tanya is getting more and more suspicious in my opinion. I was originally mostly suspicious of her because of her lurking and low participation level, but her ridiculous arguments against me just make her seem more like a desperate and inexperienced mafioso.
T.S. Eliot in "The Waste Land" wrote:APRIL is the cruellest month, breeding
Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
Memory and desire, stirring
Dull roots with spring rain.

User avatar
DragonRidr
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:10 am UTC

Re: Mafiascum Round 4.

Postby DragonRidr » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:34 pm UTC

I'm not convinced enough to throw the hammer yet.

Reading over the past day (and goodness knows I need to do more), Tanya's original logic (lurker -> nightrole) seemed reasonable, even though she may have fingered the wrong person as being the lurker. The only thing that implicates her is lurking, but I think there are stronger routes to find mafia than to be waving only the lurker flag Day 5.

I'm starting think this lynch attempt is building a mountain out of a molehill. Not that she couldn't be mafia, but I'm not convinced that we are making a decent decision.

Has anyone gone back to see if MartinW was hinting at anything for us?
Postcount++

User avatar
There-is-no-spoon
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:44 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Mafiascum Round 4.

Postby There-is-no-spoon » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:01 pm UTC

v

User avatar
Tanya
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:01 am UTC

Re: Mafiascum Round 4.

Postby Tanya » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:11 pm UTC

une see wrote:What? Do you have no reading comprehension skills?


There's no need to get personal. :( It only makes you seem desperate.

User avatar
Bulvox
Posts: 678
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:37 pm UTC
Location: Not Bunny
Contact:

Re: Mafiascum Round 4.

Postby Bulvox » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:28 pm UTC

DragonRidr wrote:Has anyone gone back to see if MartinW was hinting at anything for us?

i just went back to the last day, and it seems that by that time Martin was just guessing, because he went straight for Upsilon, who we lynched and ended up being the doctor. my guess is that whoever he investigated were always killed during the night, so he ended with no information.
Image
See Ya Space Cowboy...

User avatar
une see
Is my girl
Posts: 1038
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:31 pm UTC
Location: a tenuous grip on reality
Contact:

Re: Mafiascum Round 4.

Postby une see » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:06 pm UTC

Tanya wrote:
une see wrote:What? Do you have no reading comprehension skills?


There's no need to get personal. :( It only makes you seem desperate.


Sorry, Tanya. I was just frustrated that you didn't seem to be understanding anything I was saying. I very clearly could access a computer while I was away since I have been posting...No offense, but your argument that me being inactive = me being mafia is pretty flimsy since you were just as inactive as me, if not more.

Dragonridr: yeah, Martin probably didn't get any conclusive investigations, which is why he helped lynch the doctor. If you don't think Tanya is mafia or the SK, who else do you think could be? I think she is very suspicious because mafia and SK obviously are more interested in lurking than townies are, and all her posts have been very short, so there is less substance and less things to incriminate her in them. I still think she is the most suspicious one right now. Also, you say her original logic (lurker -> nightrole) is reasonable, but she is a lurker herself, so...
T.S. Eliot in "The Waste Land" wrote:APRIL is the cruellest month, breeding
Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
Memory and desire, stirring
Dull roots with spring rain.

User avatar
Bulvox
Posts: 678
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:37 pm UTC
Location: Not Bunny
Contact:

Re: Mafiascum Round 4.

Postby Bulvox » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:25 pm UTC

:lol: that would be like throwing yourself to the wolves. the question is, is she really a newb at this game or has she played before? if we can get this question answered, then i think that will help us in deciding whether or not she is mafia or the sk.
Image
See Ya Space Cowboy...

User avatar
Sarr
Posts: 891
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:34 pm UTC

Re: Mafiascum Round 4.

Postby Sarr » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:31 pm UTC

Worst case scenario- Tanya is a townie and we go to a lynch and lose. I agree with the arguments against Tanya, but i'm not sure it's lynchable....
Rakysh wrote:Basically, xkcd is basically for punching into submission the dumb frat guy in your brain.

User avatar
Sarr
Posts: 891
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:34 pm UTC

Re: Mafiascum Round 4.

Postby Sarr » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:18 am UTC

But, because nobody seems to be giving us a better option.....
Vote Tanya
Rakysh wrote:Basically, xkcd is basically for punching into submission the dumb frat guy in your brain.

User avatar
Silknor
Posts: 842
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:21 am UTC

Re: Mafiascum Round 4.

Postby Silknor » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:24 am UTC

The town looks around and finding no other candidates, decide to lynch Tanya. It was almost dinner time and the townspeople wanted to get back to their families. The executioner, not hearing the normal bloodthirsty cries of the lynch mob decides to skip the show and quickly performs the lynch.

Tanya is Lynched and it is now Night 5.
Nikc wrote:Silknor is the JJ Abrams of mafia modding


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests