The Squirrel Game - Game Over! Town Win!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: The Squirrel Game - Day 1 (Something smells fishy!)

Postby cntrational » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:39 am UTC

Actually, when the eggs have holes, they're getting close to hatching.
cntrational
This guy's name is a utter lie.

Postby AngrySquirrel » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:39 am UTC

Please let me know even if you are not using your night actions.
Brainssss
AngrySquirrel
Eats nuts for breakfast...

Postby Sungura » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:37 pm UTC

My eggs aren't dead...
Zarq wrote:Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread

Postby Azrael001 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:39 pm UTC

They looked dead. All the better then.
Azrael001

Postby Sungura » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:53 pm UTC

They are fogged so they don't get soft shell.
Zarq wrote:Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?
Sungura

Postby Wildcard » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:34 am UTC

Wow, stuff happens when you miss a day.

*Frightens glance around, snores*
ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz....
There's no such thing as a funny sig.
Wildcard
Candlestick!

Postby AngrySquirrel » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:27 am UTC

You got 48 hours to get in your nightactions!
Brainssss
AngrySquirrel

Postby AngrySquirrel » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:01 pm UTC

The sun rises. The townies, who has been hiding inside all night (or have they?), carefully leaves their houses to see if the rest of the town is still standing. One of them pipes up. "Hey! Remember that rabbity girl we lynched yesterday? We should probably search her home and see if she was a part of the mob!" Hurriedly they all run to Sungura's house. There they discover a ghastly mask and a note that says "Ye are a bit overeager don't ye think?" The townies starts celebrating! The scary Overeager Thug is dead!

"But where is InstinctSage?" someone pipes up. Again they all run as fast as they can to InstinctSage's house where they find him lying in a pool of blood. He is wearing a pair of awesome fishnet stockings, and to the towns surprise they see that he got some real killer legs. On the table next to him they find a note that reads "Sorry about that, wrong guy, no hard feelings?"

At around that time they all hear a gun-shot go off. "What was that!?" They all run to cycoden's house where they find him looking mightily angry with some horrible hair. "Someone tried to kill me!" As cycoden isn't dead, and they are rather weary from all the running, the town quickly loses interest however. "We have to find the remaining mafias!"

InstinctSage is dead. He was the townaligned Fishnet Stockings!
Sungura is dead. She was the mafioso Overeager Thug.
There was an attempt on cycoden's life but it failed.

13 Remaining players.
7 to lynch.

Day 2 has started!
Last edited by AngrySquirrel on Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:20 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Brainssss
AngrySquirrel

Re: The Squirrel Game - Day 2 (Squirrels not included)

Postby ameretrifle » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:30 pm UTC

:shock: Holy. Hell.

Not surprised at Amy's reveal. Way to call it, CntRational! But wow, IS. And apparently we have someone who can redirect night actions? That's all I can make out of the "wrong guy" note. It seems so unfair... to be taken from us so soon... *sniff* We'll miss you!

Horrible hair... I suspect Amy was right in calling the barber as the SK. Wonder why the kill failed, though? Doctor? We thought there might be one, IIRC... if so, damn good luck for night one. I wonder if there could be any other explanation, anyway?

So many questions... what the hell was "Fishnet Stockings!" besides town, anyway? How far can we really read into the flavortext? How was Cycoden protected, and why is IS dead?

...feel like that's my cue to say "Find out next next week, on The Squirrel Game!" If only it were that easy...
ameretrifle
Vera

Postby cntrational » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:28 pm UTC

Sungura: <insert Icallledit!.gif>

Well, since the Fishnet Stockings were town, that tosses out the idea of a Fish cult.

Well, IS was probably killed by the SK, since flavor-text that has bloody bodies and so on forth are probably SK killings.

cycoden was probably targeted by the Mafia/Vigilante/<insert Gun using role here> since flavor text, etc.
And then...I forgot what happened in Day 1, so I will reread! >_><_<

Moving out!
cntrational

Postby InstinctSage » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:36 pm UTC

I hope my death will be avenged, as always. Go town!
nightlina wrote:We get stick insects here.. they're pretty cool and stick-like.
InstinctSage

Postby cntrational » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:44 pm UTC

...I now have mental image of that Gentleman in IS's avatar wearing fishnet stockings.

get it out of my hed
cntrational

Postby cycoden » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:11 pm UTC

Weird. I get un-nightkillable roles in two different games, and the scum (well I presume its the scum) try to take me out first night in both games.

So, to paraphrase my post in secret santa:

Dear Scum:

Hahahahahaha.

...i hope the same players are scum in both this game and secret santa. That would be epic.

To answer your question AMT, I might as well roleclaim now, if you haven't figured it out already. You've probably noticed my blatant breadcrumbing in the previous day: I am the fluffy werewolf. Apparently, rather than eating townspeople, I prefer to impress them with my stylish hairdos. Unfortunately, having to scare off would be murderers means my hair is in quite a state :(

However, despite quite liking the company my fellow townies (alive!), they (understandably) are suspicious of me, and should I be investigated, I will appear to be scum - that is, the fluffy werewolf role is a miller, but most certainly protown.

Anyway, I suspect a vig targeted IS - the mafia or SK wouldn't think he was the wrong guy.

Oh, and this might help, Cnt: Meet our ex-foreign minister (probably SFW, perhaps NSF your stomach contents):
Spoiler:
VectorZero wrote:SEXUAL INTERCOURSE DISGUSTS ME!
Spoiler:
Bulvox wrote:This is probably one of the few times that I'll agree with Cycoden on anything. I just wish that my brain worked like that.
cycoden

Postby Kipper » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:24 pm UTC

So the hair thing was because of your role, not the barber's.
Hm.
And the mafia or SK could think he was the wrong guy if the kill was re-directed somehow. But yeah, Vig makes sense too.
Amy: (11:06:09 PM) ***Amy huggles Kipper
Amy: (11:06:13 PM) Amy: Leave my fishy alone.

[3:05pm] Amy: NO TOUCHING KIPPER
[3:05pm] Amy: MY FISHY!
Kipper

Postby crucialityfactor » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:47 pm UTC

Cycoden...nice role claim on page 1...I thought something was up with that.
crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Postby Sungura » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:47 pm UTC

Dear Scum:

Hahahahahaha.

:cry:
Sungura

Postby kellsbells » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:55 pm UTC

Well, wow. I'm stoked that the Sungura thing actually worked out. Guess my scumdar isn't as broken as I assumed.

Not good about IS, though. Fishnet stockings? What? I'm assuming he was a power role, which is terrible. I just can't help wondering what fishnet stockings actually do... And I agree with whoever said it above, that sounds like a vig killing to me. I can't really imagine scum or an SK apologizing for hitting the wrong guy.

That leaves cycoden, who seems pretty clear he was a scum target. Fluffy werewolf, huh? That's a pretty impressive roleclaim. Let me get it straight: you're a unnightkillable miller? That's actually extremely helpful, if you're telling the truth. I'm thinking that you are, at least at this point, though I can't shake my image of werewolves being a cult. Still, no real suspicion from me at present.

More thoughts once I wake up properly.
A good pun is its own reword.
L wrote:A day without kells is a day not worth living.
kellsbells
Queen of Cupcakes

Postby cycoden » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:37 pm UTC

Kipper wrote:So the hair thing was because of your role, not the barber's.
Hm.
And the mafia or SK could think he was the wrong guy if the kill was re-directed somehow. But yeah, Vig makes sense too.
I suppose, but from the mafia's point of view, any townie would be the right person to kill.

ameretrifle wrote:So many questions... what the hell was "Fishnet Stockings!" besides town, anyway?
The flavour text stated a killer pair of legs... but I guess it doesn't matter now and we'll find out at the end.

Sungura wrote:Dear Scum:

Hahahahahaha.

:cry:
Hey. At least I didn't try to, you know, kill you or something (admittedly, had the day lasted longer I may have got round to voting you).

kells wrote:That leaves cycoden, who seems pretty clear he was a scum target. Fluffy werewolf, huh? That's a pretty impressive roleclaim. Let me get it straight: you're a unnightkillable miller?
Yes. Given our vig (if we have one - although it seems likely from the role list) seems spoken for in the flavour text (and presumably targeted IS), and Amy's reaction above, it seems likely I was targeted by the scum. I was merely advised that I was the target of a kill.
Spoiler:
Bulvox wrote:This is probably one of the few times that I'll agree with Cycoden on anything. I just wish that my brain worked like that.
cycoden

Postby Sungura » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:21 am UTC

The :cry: was because you were laughing at me I thought, for being lynched, and it seemed a bit harsh *sniff* I am a sensitive person and all *sniff sniff* It had nothing to do with the game and being a good dead person I have no clue what happened last night, I didn't mean for my :cry: to be taken into the gameplay at all. It was merely a "aww shucks you got me" sort of post is all.

I'll shut up and finish dying now.
Sungura

Postby cycoden » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:30 am UTC

Sensitive? What kind of thug are you! ;)

Rest assured Amy, my mirth was directed at the (probable) scum who chose to kill me.
Spoiler:
cycoden

Postby myrrh7x » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:06 am UTC

Gawd, all these Ms and Ys in the same blocks of texts of confusing me.
My brain is really messed up atm, due to midterms next week, so expect little from me.
myrrh7x

Postby une see » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:23 am UTC

Good call, Cnt. Very astute of you. Hmm...cycoden's roleclaim seems pretty reasonable. I see no reason not to believe it.
T.S. Eliot in "The Waste Land" wrote:APRIL is the cruellest month, breeding
Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
Memory and desire, stirring
Dull roots with spring rain.
une see
Is my girl

Postby ameretrifle » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:32 am UTC

Oh, a vig who hit town instead of some sort of redirect... That would make sense, then. I'll keep both theories in mind, though, 'cause I'm particularly inclined to believe anything could happen in this game. I'm inclined to believe Cycoden for the moment, too. It's provisional, mind you, but since it makes a lot of sense, I'm going with it.

I am... not sure where that leaves us, really. Huh. Any ideas?
ameretrifle
Vera

Postby Wildcard » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:30 am UTC

Hmmm...a miller, Cycoden? I'm inclined to believe you, at least for now, but a couple statements about that. Obviously it would behoove a mafia claiming town to say he's a miller. On the other hand, it would make sense to have an un-NK-able townie be a miller to at least put a little more game there for him. So I'll watch what you do and say and so forth. Like I say, I believe you right now but I agree with AMT, I don't have 100% certainty on you.

IS dead...ouch. Someone said that fishnet stockings sounds like a power role and I think I got that impression somewhere else, anyways, not good.

Okay, I don't really know what we should do today...I was thinking lynch lurkers but the lurkers I had in mind are, upon inspection, actually in the Inrigue game, not this one.

After a brief re-skim, CntRational, you don't think that it was a vigilante who killed IS? You cited the flavor text as your reason for thinking it was the SK; I looked at it again and I don't think "pool of blood" indicates much at all about who did the killing. Seems a bit odd to me...though not quite FoS worthy I'd like a response from you...did you change your mind on further reading?

Anyways, I've got to get some work done around the house right now, so I'll cut this post short right here. G'night, all.
There's no such thing as a funny sig.
Wildcard
Candlestick!

Postby michaelandjimi » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:29 am UTC

The IS kill kinda fits the SK MO - the note makes me think it wasn't Mafia, so I'm going to assume it wasn't. Well, possibilities as I see it:

1) Assuming Cycoden is Independent/Town:
a) Was targeted by the Mafia
b) Was targeted by a pro-town/independent player, Mafia refrained from killing.

2) Assuming Cycoden is Mafia
a) Targeted by a pro-town/independent player, Mafia refrained from killing.

If he is pro-town, we can probably trust his roleclaim. This is probably true as nobody has contested the roleclaim. However, I don't see a possible motive for the Mafia refraining from killing, ergo it is likely that 1a is correct. Thus, he is probably a Fluffy Werewolf.

The fact that he claimed miller before any investigation legitimizes his claim.

A mass roleclaim does seem to be a good, if broken idea. If we all claim a rolename, it'll narrow down who's Mafia enormously. They're not going to want to be the "thugs", so it'll end up with a couple of rolenames with multiple players, and then we can pretty much lynch them at our leisure.
Whelan wrote:Relax, have a good time, and hope for the bees ;)
michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing

Postby crucialityfactor » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:34 am UTC

MaJ...mafia isn't always about winning...it's about the journey to winning.

While a mass roleclaim would help things along...it sounds pretty dam boring.
crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Postby michaelandjimi » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:03 am UTC

Hey, I warned against setups that were open and didn't have a bunch of townies.
michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing

Postby kellsbells » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:31 am UTC

Okay, since nothing else is really going on, I've been rereading the thread, and I have a vague suspicion to bring forth: une see. She's made seven posts total, and with almost no content in any of them.

Since the game started (skipping a few unrelated ones):
une see wrote:Hmm...I don't really have anything to add to what other people have already said. I'm not very good at role speculations...
une see wrote:Um...still have nothing to add to these role speculations...I think this has gone on long enough. Too much speculating, not enough playing.
These are pretty much, uh, nothing.
une see wrote:So guys...
Also nothing.
une see wrote:Okay, I'm not seeing any reason not to vote for Amy. She admits that she's not town, and that she can even potentially hurt the town. I'm not seeing anything about being explosive in her post; I just think that was a last desperate attempt to save herself (although it doesn't make much sense). Sorry, Amy, but you are just too suspicious right now.

Vote: Sungura
Jumping on the vote-Amy train, after most people already had. I wouldn't be surprised if scum voted for their own at this stage.

And finally,
une see wrote:Good call, Cnt. Very astute of you. Hmm...cycoden's roleclaim seems pretty reasonable. I see no reason not to believe it.
Yet another essentially vacant post. I feel like she's just posting to look like she's doing something, rather than actually contribute. And for me, that's a scumtell.

FoS: une see
kellsbells
Queen of Cupcakes

Postby Azrael001 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:05 am UTC

I almost always like role claims, I don't care that they are "too good" or "cheap".

I'm the insane fishmonger. I was driven insane by the people always coming to steal my stuff, my role is protown, and my ability is one shot.

Une always seems scummy to me, but then she is always scum...

I don't know yet.
Azrael001

Postby michaelandjimi » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:19 am UTC

I want to get the opinions of others before I roleclaim, but one thing:
Mafia:
Someone has to make this village a cool place, and the mobsters are the just right people for the job. No-one is safe from their methods of extortion and highly suspicious fish!
Having highly-suspicious fish certainly seems to be something an Insane Fishmonger would have, Azrael001...

@Kellsbells - It does look fairly suspicious. It fits my definition of lurking.
michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing

Postby Azrael001 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:39 am UTC

As I said, I have been driven insane from having my stuff (including fish) stolen. Suspicious fish could be stolen fish maybe? I don't know I didn't write the flavour.
Azrael001

Postby kellsbells » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:45 am UTC

michaelandjimi wrote:A mass roleclaim does seem to be a good, if broken idea. If we all claim a rolename, it'll narrow down who's Mafia enormously. They're not going to want to be the "thugs", so it'll end up with a couple of rolenames with multiple players, and then we can pretty much lynch them at our leisure.
Doesn't that seem a bit, ah, crude to you? Lynching (theoretically) quite a few people in the search for a few liars? It might come to that, but I'd rather it didn't just yet, when there's still so many people left. I know that scenario happened in some game a while ago, and it was very unpleasant, if I recall correctly.

michaelandjimi wrote:@Kellsbells - It does look fairly suspicious. It fits my definition of lurking.
Glad to know somebody agrees.
kellsbells
Queen of Cupcakes

Postby Azrael001 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:49 am UTC

I agree that she is lurking, but she hasn't been as active lately, so that may not be intentional.
Azrael001

Postby kellsbells » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:51 am UTC

It's not the lack of posting so much as the lack of content that bothers me.
kellsbells
Queen of Cupcakes

Postby Azrael001 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:23 am UTC

Ah. Well there is that. Saturday was her last post, so she isn't inactive... I see no excuse for the lack of content. I've been looking for excuses not to find her scummy seeming, as I always assume that she is scum, and that is an unfair bias to have. I am coming up blank now, so:

Vote: Une See
Azrael001

Postby cntrational » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:39 pm UTC

Wildcard wrote:After a brief re-skim, CntRational, you don't think that it was a vigilante who killed IS? You cited the flavor text as your reason for thinking it was the SK; I looked at it again and I don't think "pool of blood" indicates much at all about who did the killing. Seems a bit odd to me...though not quite FoS worthy I'd like a response from you...did you change your mind on further reading?

Well, leaving a apology note to a dead person is...weird, I guess (Since you know, he's dead) and SKs are usually literally insane/psychopathic/cannibalistic, and a insane guy would leave a note like that.

As for why he wrote the note, I'm thinking he got Bus Driver'd?
cntrational

Postby une see » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:53 pm UTC

I guess I'm just not as interested in mafia as I used to be. Sorry if I haven't been contributing too much? Man, everyone always thinks I'm scum lately...Um. I don't know. I'm not scum. If you don't want to believe me, whatever. /me shrugs
T.S. Eliot in "The Waste Land" wrote:APRIL is the cruellest month, breeding
Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
Memory and desire, stirring
Dull roots with spring rain.
une see
Is my girl

Postby Kipper » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:59 pm UTC

Erm, interesting defense.
"I'm not scum please believe me!"
Ok...
Amy: (11:06:09 PM) ***Amy huggles Kipper
Amy: (11:06:13 PM) Amy: Leave my fishy alone.

[3:05pm] Amy: NO TOUCHING KIPPER
[3:05pm] Amy: MY FISHY!
Kipper

Postby crucialityfactor » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:02 pm UTC

Yeah I'm not buying your low-content defense. You don't seem interested in playing, doesn't matter to me after that. I'd rather have a game full of people who want to play.

Vote: Une
crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Postby kellsbells » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:18 pm UTC

Yeah, that really didn't help une's case at all, in my opinion. No defense, and now not even any interest in the game. I suppose I'll kick it up from a FoS to a vote now.

Vote: Une See
kellsbells
Queen of Cupcakes

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia