Batmanfia (Day Three)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Re: Batmanfia DAY ONE

Postby crucialityfactor » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:50 pm UTC

Do I have an excuse now Az?

Check out my hardware 'G!

Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Postby Jesse » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:37 pm UTC

Vote Count:

1 CntRational
1 crucialityfactor

Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread

Postby Sungura » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:26 am UTC

Azrael001 wrote:I'm assuming that the whole set up was a joke. It was a silly way to get the game going. I see two people eager to lynch anyone... I'ma

Vote crucialityfactor as he doesn't have the insanity plea that Amy does.

What?
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:43 pm UTC

Frankly, this game is going freakishly slow.

I'm keeping my vote on CntRational for now unless someone comes up with something better. Az is always doing nutty stuff like what he did, that's not out of character. CntR on the other hand I do not normally see throwing out weird ideas like that as a player (sure he makes up some...interesting...things when he mods but that's totally different). As a player, he is normally down to earth and not out in left field like that. Maybe he didn't get someone else's scumdar, but he sure ping'd mine. And for day one, I truly think it is the best I'm going to get.

If there are other ideas, let's have them. If not, let's vote and get day one done please? I'm getting bored here. I don't mind long days if progress is being made, but here, there is none. So get on with it already!
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq

crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Postby crucialityfactor » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:46 pm UTC

I'm tempted to just go back to cnt, but I'd hate to lynch someone for having fun.

It's tempting also to just vote for az out of OMGUS, especially when there's really nothing going on.

cntrational
This guy's name is a utter lie.

Postby cntrational » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:13 pm UTC

Sungura wrote:CntR on the other hand I do not normally see throwing out weird ideas like that as a player (sure he makes up some...interesting...things when he mods but that's totally different). As a player, he is normally down to earth and not out in left field like that. Maybe he didn't get someone else's scumdar, but he sure ping'd mine. And for day one, I truly think it is the best I'm going to get.

I wasn't intending to do anything serious, just messing around a bit.(I've done this before, voting in Surprise even though I was dead. >_>)

Matthias

Postby Matthias » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:48 pm UTC

So you're... not being so serious? Sounds an awful lot like Joker territory.Image

The above is a joke. And I know, I know: hopping on a bandwagon is a scumtell, right? I get that. But here's the thing: the game is going kind of slow, considering how small it is, and eventually, day one is going to end in either a lynch or a no-lynch. Regardless of who it is, a lynch is probably going to hurt somebody's feelings, but a no-lynch is a bad strategy. It's a catch-22, but there you have it.

So here we are. Day One's been going for, what, four or five days now? Something like that? We've still got no more evidence than we did when we started. Bringing up my "noob" status is probably a scumtell too, but here you go: I'm a noob. I don't have a scumdar yet. So that being said, at least until day two when we have more (i.e., non-zero) data to analyze, I'm going to trust somebody else's. For the moment, that means either Az or Amy.

Sorry, Az, but Amy seems a little more rational to me right now. I understand that acting crazy is part of your deal, but that makes it a little harder to tell when you're being serious. So yeah. As much as it pains me to betray a fellow robot, especially a cute one like Wall-E, I'm going to Vote: CntRational
Love may be blind, but lust has x-ray vision.
Avatar shamelessly plucked from PMOG.

Also, it turns out I'm not dead--I'm just a right bastard who disappears from the internet for months at a time every so often.

Woofsie

Postby Woofsie » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:09 am UTC

I know this is jumping on the bandwagon, but the game is going nowhere right now and on Day 1 you don't get much better than a random lynch anyway so:

Vote: Cnt

frogman

Postby frogman » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:13 am UTC

I wasn't going to vote because jumping on bandwagons is scummy.

But it seems that the general consensus is to bandwagon.

So, without further ado:

Vote: CntRational
yeah yeah yeah

Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Postby Jesse » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:15 am UTC

Vote Count:

1 crucialityfactor (Azrael001)
3 CntRational (Sungura, Woofsie, frogman)

Seven to lynch.

michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing

Postby michaelandjimi » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:20 am UTC

Sorry for not posting often in this game. In penance I have sorted through the thread, and to be honest I rather find Sungura suspicious. Just a couple of things that piqued my interest. Have a look at this:
Sungura wrote:Hmm...
So far I have not seen one suspicious comment out of anyone. Sure enough for tiny FoS's but not enough to vote and other than role speculation the last three pages have been nothing but joking. For example, I'm getting a scum vibe feeling from Bulvox especially the way he piggybacked onto Az and maybe I missed it but he didn't unvote yet. But..Bulvox is Bulvox. And the role speculation I can't even weigh in on with my limited knowledge. This leaves me feeling quite stuck...I would be perfectly happy if we have a cop in this game and they found scum and want to claim!
Here there are two things that get me. One, she feigns a lack of knowledge. Sungura modded the rabbit game and has been playing a while, even a bunch on IRC. She certainly doesn't have "limited knowledge". Seems like a scum tactic to put the onus on other people to look for "scum", so she doesn't get fingered in the aftermath. Furthermore, she has definitely played long enough to know that cops can't investigate on the first day. Why does she mention this? Encouraging a cop to claim? Also pretty scummy.

Woofsie wrote:Soo... how about them corrupt cops huh? Maybe we should be looking for them?
Sungura wrote:Maybe you are one? That was just...very weird how you said that. Really activated my scumdar.
Huh? Kinda grasping at straws, there.

Sungura wrote:Vote: CntRational
Reason? being completely illogical. I doubt we will get much better on day one.
...It was clearly a joke. He just got Azrael001 to do something that didn't affect the game, then didn't even vote for him. Just an FoS. I don't like it at all.

I mean, it's a pretty tenuous case. But she is acting slightly... off.

Vote: Sungura
Whelan wrote:Relax, have a good time, and hope for the bees ;)

michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing

Postby michaelandjimi » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:31 am UTC

Oh, just a thing I want to mention.

Don't post in-thread about what you think pro-town power roles do. It will pretty much only give clues to the Mafia*, and almost definitely won't affect play for a while.** You can think about it, sure, but don't post it. Posting theories about what the bad guys do is much better - as it doesn't give any ideas to the Mafia beyond what they already know. On that note,

Fos: Azrael001, OOTD, frogman.

But not a huge one, as you probably didn't think it through.

*Especially if they somehow figure out you /are/ The Batman, or whatever role you are speculating upon.
**If it will affect pro-town play straight away, definitely go for it.

cntrational

Postby cntrational » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:41 pm UTC

Yes, Sungura does seem off to me, but I'll wait for her response before deciding...

also, technically, FoS is actually a very silly thing, it does not actually effect the game, unlike a simple vote.

Sungura is behaving oddly, which is a point of interest, but frogman and Woofsie still went ahead and bandwagoned on me, saying that it was Day 1 and there was no other option, but Sungura's behavior is highly suspicious, so why did they ignore that?

Matthias

Postby Matthias » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:04 pm UTC

@MaJ: A couple of points I disagree on. When Amy talked about her limited knowledge, I believe given the context that she was referring to Batman knowledge, not Mafia knowledge. About the cop thing: that applies to normal cops, sure, but not necessarily Batman. Now granted, anyone who knows anything about Batman would say that he couldn't work as a day-cop, but it would seem that Amy doesn't necessarily fit into that category, so yeah. Besides, she could have been talking about claiming on day two or something.

I mean, yeah, some of her actions seem kinda scummy, but I don't know. She still seems pretty trustworthy to me. Besides, my previous post's reasoning still stands--sorry Cnt, but it's the best I've got. If it turns out that you're town, then I guess I'm wrong to trust her, and we could lynch Amy on day two. Or, for that matter, you could lynch me on day two. I think I was more of the bandwagon leader anyway.

For the record, though, I doubt either choice would benefit the citizens of Gotham.

Also, it turns out I'm not dead--I'm just a right bastard who disappears from the internet for months at a time every so often.

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:07 pm UTC

michaelandjimi wrote:Sorry for not posting often in this game. In penance I have sorted through the thread, and to be honest I rather find Sungura suspicious. Just a couple of things that piqued my interest. Have a look at this:
Sungura wrote:Hmm...
So far I have not seen one suspicious comment out of anyone. Sure enough for tiny FoS's but not enough to vote and other than role speculation the last three pages have been nothing but joking. For example, I'm getting a scum vibe feeling from Bulvox especially the way he piggybacked onto Az and maybe I missed it but he didn't unvote yet. But..Bulvox is Bulvox. And the role speculation I can't even weigh in on with my limited knowledge. This leaves me feeling quite stuck...I would be perfectly happy if we have a cop in this game and they found scum and want to claim!
Here there are two things that get me. One, she feigns a lack of knowledge. Sungura modded the rabbit game and has been playing a while, even a bunch on IRC. She certainly doesn't have "limited knowledge". Seems like a scum tactic to put the onus on other people to look for "scum", so she doesn't get fingered in the aftermath. Furthermore, she has definitely played long enough to know that cops can't investigate on the first day. Why does she mention this? Encouraging a cop to claim? Also pretty scummy.

1 - Lack of knowledge is of Batman not mafia. No way would I say I don't understand mafia. There is always more to learn, but even I don't consider myself a newbie by any means.
2 - uh, if there is a daycop, there could be an investigation, my game had two daycops and they were allowed day 1 investigations, for example. This isn't feigning lack of knowledge. If a cop DID investigate and DID find scum, IMO they SHOULD tell us! Otherwise, what would be the point of having a cop? I'm not saying the cop should randomly claim, please as in 1 try to get the whole thing with context.
Frankly, this whole analysis of me was really grasping at straws MaJ.

michaelandjimi wrote:
Woofsie wrote:Soo... how about them corrupt cops huh? Maybe we should be looking for them?
Sungura wrote:Maybe you are one? That was just...very weird how you said that. Really activated my scumdar.
Huh? Kinda grasping at straws, there.
Well, I was telling the truth. Something in how he wrote that made my scumdar bing. I can't help that. I thought I'd throw it out there. No one agreed, I let it drop.

michaelandjimi wrote:
Sungura wrote:Vote: CntRational
Reason? being completely illogical. I doubt we will get much better on day one.
...It was clearly a joke. He just got Azrael001 to do something that didn't affect the game, then didn't even vote for him. Just an FoS. I don't like it at all.

Yes, but CntR does not usually play like that. And this one, others agree with me on. Three others, even though CF unvoted.

I am an expendable crewman of this game. If you all decide to lynch me, that's cool enough at least town power roles will still exist.

MaJ, your "case" against me is no better than mine on CntRational. And frankly, you are usually much better at analysis than to missread so much of what I said esp in the first section. I feel like you missed my total confusion as to who these batman names were from the whole start of day one, locked in on two things, pulled them out of context, and blew them up.

cntrational

Postby cntrational » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:14 pm UTC

Sungura wrote:Yes, but CntR does not usually play like that. And this one, others agree with me on. Three others, even though CF unvoted.

Well, it was to start discussion, and I originally intended to do that myself, then FoS myself, but I was lazy and Az ended up doing it, I assumed that something ridiculous like that would be taken as joke, as well as a comment on how slow the game was going.

...though, ironically, the joke did make the game move on >___>

Woofsie

Postby Woofsie » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:15 pm UTC

Great, so now we have some discussion. Thanks for that MaJ.

I don't see any need for either a random lynch or bandwagoning right now, at least until the discussion has progressed a bit more, so

Unvote

michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing

Postby michaelandjimi » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:14 pm UTC

Sungura wrote:2 - uh, if there is a daycop, there could be an investigation, my game had two daycops and they were allowed day 1 investigations, for example. This isn't feigning lack of knowledge. If a cop DID investigate and DID find scum, IMO they SHOULD tell us! Otherwise, what would be the point of having a cop? I'm not saying the cop should randomly claim, please as in 1 try to get the whole thing with context.
Er, daycop in a 12-man game, especially one notorious for occurring at night? That's what got me. I'll admit that your lack of knowledge is a good defence for that, though.

However, work with me based on how I interpreted the situation. Assume that you have noticed, however correctly, that a person is for some reason wanting daycops to claim in a game where it is very unlikely that there are any. What motive would you ascribe to it?

Sungura wrote:Well, I was telling the truth. Something in how he wrote that made my scumdar bing. I can't help that. I thought I'd throw it out there. No one agreed, I let it drop.
That's the thing though. I'm looking at the situation in a different fashion. Sure, it could've been you innocently telling us that you thought it was a bit off. But if we're guessing you're Mafia, it certainly looks like you are just trying to start a bandwagon in a slow game.
Sungura wrote:Yes, but CntR does not usually play like that. And this one, others agree with me on. Three others, even though CF unvoted.
I'm also slightly suspicious of them. Perhaps it's because I haven't had the hours of Mafia with Cnt that you have, but I can completely understand what he's doing, and, moreover, am not convinced that it was a scummy thing to do. Why is joking around when you normally do not a scum-thing, rather than a new-role thing, or whatever. Methinks that the 3 who jumped on were just tired of the game and wanted to bandwagon. Possibly some are scum.

Funnily enough, that's almost what I did. The reason that they're out of context is because I read them out of context. Your ridiculous questioning of Woofsie piqued my scumdar, so I went into your "View Your Posts" page and searched for the Batmanfia game. It was late at night and I was lazy.

However, the parts that weren't borne of out-of-context quotage shouldn't be ignored. Individually, though, they aren't enough to have me vote for you.

So:

Unvote: Sungura.

However, one thing:
Sungura wrote:MaJ, your "case" against me is no better than mine on CntRational.
If you know your case is ridiculous, what are you doing voting for him?

An alternative that I can see is Frogman. He was one of the ones discussing the Batman role, which isn't a pro-town thing to do just yet. He also bandwagoned onto Cnt.

Er, I was going to build a better case, but there are only 3 posts of his since the game started:
Two, speculating on Batman:
frogman wrote:Batman is probably a vigilante.
frogman wrote:Well, then the cop argument makes the most sense.
And the bandwagon one:
frogman wrote:I wasn't going to vote because jumping on bandwagons is scummy.

But it seems that the general consensus is to bandwagon.

So, without further ado:

Vote: CntRational
And keep in mind that he's the third to vote, so it's hardly a general consensus. And he admits he's bandwagoning.

So,:
1. Lurking
2. Speculating upon the Batman
3. Bandwagoning with intent.

Anyone else think he's worth voting for?

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:25 pm UTC

Thanks MaJ.

And yes, while I said your case against me is no better than mine against Sid, the difference would out of context vs. metagaming.

If someone has a better idea, I'm all for it.

I don't feel scum for bon more than Sid...I tend to listen to my own hunches moreso than others, unless I have the same hunch, which I didn't in this case. Doesn't mean I'm not willing to look at things again though so I shall
unvote

Not saying I won't end up on Sid again, but if people start talking and we figure out something I don't want to hold that back.

cycoden

Postby cycoden » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:21 am UTC

Sungura and matt seem the most suspicious to me. Here is why:

Sungura
Sungura wrote:Woah woah woah.

Penguin?
Catwomen?

Are these people good or bad? Penguin I think of Linux, or from middle school I had a friend who would do a Psycho Penguin walk (walk around quickly like a penguin bouncing off of walls and/or people). Catwomen I think of some gal dressed up like a black cat at Halloween. Somehow I have the feeling that neither of these are correct.
Amy, you are pretty quick to dismiss my knowledge of batman when you have clearly stated that you know nothing about the subject. Why?

Not knowing Amy outside of the forums, I can't speculate on the veracity of her claims to not know a thing about batman. But, it would be an awesome con to be required to pull on the rest of the players... her disagreement with me re the roles that she claimed to know nothing about just seems weird.

Sungura wrote:Darn, Az, and we were getting somewhere too. I was about to throw a vote down for the heck of it then you had to unvote
You were going to bandwagon for the hell of it?

Matthias
Matthias wrote:If they're an sk, they're probably the Joker; he's the only villain axe-crazy enough to qualify (I think). And if that's the case, they definitely have recruiting powers; the clown prince of crime doesn't do much single-handedly, as I recall.
(His italics) Definitely eh? I mean, to me it seems equally likely that the Joker might start the game with a bunch of minions and not need to recruit.

matt wrote:It does raise an interesting question, though: what if the Joker is a jester? The following comment is in poor taste, but... Heath Ledger did overdose. So a suicidal Joker would make sense.
(Also: now I'm not just using the source material, I'm using information about the contributors to the source material. I'm not just meta-gaming, I'm 'patagaming.)

Of course, this (distasteful) line of thinking is based on the assumption that the Joker is the extra player, which might not be the case anyway. It'd be too obvious! What if it's actually Mr. Freeze? Now there's a case where roleblocking makes sense. Not to mention Poison Ivy--with her pheremones, she could definitely recruit.
Some of this speculation seems so out there I would think you are trying to muddy the waters...

Other thoughts:
oneofthedragon wrote:I don't see it being anyone but the joker. I am not a batman expert, but I totally know the joker. And there's no way he's a jester. That would make no sense for any of Batman's villians. I'd say he's an SK.
I agree. But I think the joker could be a jester - as long as it allowed him to take batman down with him. But i think it would be a bit awkward to implement in a mafia game, so I doubt this is the case.

michaelandjimi wrote:
Spoiler:
Oh, just a thing I want to mention.

Don't post in-thread about what you think pro-town power roles do. It will pretty much only give clues to the Mafia*, and almost definitely won't affect play for a while.** You can think about it, sure, but don't post it. Posting theories about what the bad guys do is much better - as it doesn't give any ideas to the Mafia beyond what they already know. On that note,

Fos: Azrael001, OOTD, frogman.

But not a huge one, as you probably didn't think it through.

*Especially if they somehow figure out you /are/ The Batman, or whatever role you are speculating upon.
**If it will affect pro-town play straight away, definitely go for it.
I disagree in general. Obviously if you actually know something about the power roles, then you probably shouldn't say so. But speculating about the roles keeps the conversation focused on the game, and provides opportunities for the scum to incriminate themselves.

Also, bulvox's posts:contributory posts ratio seems unusually low, even for him. Same with Az and OOTD (maybe the joker has some of his laughing gas out or something :P).

Finally, I think the suspicion on Cnt seems very flimsy. I'm far more suspicious of those voting for Cnt than Cnt himself.

Frogman and myrr stick out as not having had much to say.

FoS Sungura, matthias
VectorZero wrote:SEXUAL INTERCOURSE DISGUSTS ME!
Spoiler:
Bulvox wrote:This is probably one of the few times that I'll agree with Cycoden on anything. I just wish that my brain worked like that.

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:02 am UTC

cycoden wrote:

Penguin?
Catwomen?

Are these people good or bad? Penguin I think of Linux, or from middle school I had a friend who would do a Psycho Penguin walk (walk around quickly like a penguin bouncing off of walls and/or people). Catwomen I think of some gal dressed up like a black cat at Halloween. Somehow I have the feeling that neither of these are correct.
Amy, you are pretty quick to dismiss my knowledge of batman when you have clearly stated that you know nothing about the subject. Why?

Not knowing Amy outside of the forums, I can't speculate on the veracity of her claims to not know a thing about batman. But, it would be an awesome con to be required to pull on the rest of the players... her disagreement with me re the roles that she claimed to know nothing about just seems weird.
I fail to see how I dismissed you in this quote you quoted of mine...

Look, it is HARD to play a themed game not knowing the background. I know a bit more now than when I started, sure. I have NEVER seen a Batman movie, I have NEVER read a Batman comic. A few days ago I almost backed out of this game because it was getting too frustrating; it is a lot harder than I thought it would be, especially on day one where role speculation is about the only thing we can do - there haven't been actions to analyze and such yet. But I didn't. I'd like to play, but you guys have to understand this is the truth! I am not making this up!

I hinted at this before, but I'm going to make it clear. I am vanilla town. I have no info to work of off, role related or batman-knowledge related, so basically, compared to all of you, I am at least doubly in the dark.

Yes this is sort of a rant, I realize that. I just feel like I'm not being believed, and in some cases, almost being insinuated as being a liar, and that is the one thing that just really irks me more than almost anything else in life.

myrrh7x

Postby myrrh7x » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:05 am UTC

I'm still waiting and watching, per usual.
If you really want my thoughts,
Amy has been a bit off, and we might be on to something.
Matthias is just confusing me. Can go both ways.
Cnt.... See above
MaJ - Normal, easily good or bad
OOTD - What is he up to?
Bulvox - Meh
Az - ^
Froggie - ____

Yeah.
Not much is going through my head right now.

cycoden

Postby cycoden » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:23 am UTC

Penguin?
Catwomen?

Sungura wrote:I fail to see how I dismissed you in this quote you quoted of mine...
(My emphasis) Perhaps I misread you - I thought you were suggesting my suggestions are wrong. On a second reading, perhaps you were referring to your own ideas.
Spoiler:
Bulvox wrote:This is probably one of the few times that I'll agree with Cycoden on anything. I just wish that my brain worked like that.

cycoden

Postby cycoden » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:25 am UTC

Sungura wrote:I don't feel scum for bon more than Sid...
I didn't think bon was in this game...
Spoiler:

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:04 am UTC

1 - I was referring to myself, not you, as I know i don't know these characters much and I was merely saying what popped into MY head, but that *I* was probably wrong. If I was questioning you, I would have stated so.
2 - My bad, I got all these new players confused I typed bon instead of frogman (I was referring back to MaJ's post, where he brought up frogman)

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:08 am UTC

EBWOP:

My post translation of the one you are confused on, Cycoden:
Amy wrote:Woah woah woah.

Penguin?
Catwomen?

What the heck? Who are these people?

Are these people good or bad? Please explain, are these people characters we do NOT want - i.e. mafia of this game - and hence should try to lynch, or people who we DO want and hence we do not want to lynch? Penguin I think of Linux, or from middle school I had a friend who would do a Psycho Penguin walk (walk around quickly like a penguin bouncing off of walls and/or people). Catwomen I think of some gal dressed up like a black cat at Halloween. My random thoughts that first popped into my head upon reading these character names. Somehow I have the feeling that neither of these are correct. I am so lost....I am sure I am totally off base with these.

Does that help?

Matthias

Postby Matthias » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:31 am UTC

*Reads posts*

Okie-dokie, let me just see if I've got all this straight: hopping on a bandwagon is scummy. It's day one, so if you start a vote on somebody, it's automatically unsupported by evidence, and therefore scummy. Speculating about Batman is scummy. Speculating on villain roles is okay, unless the theories are too funky--then it's muddying the waters. Scum-scummidy-doo-wop.

Note to self: everything is a scumtell. Stop doing stuff. Oh wait, lurking is a scumtell. :roll:

Day one back-and-forth banter's been going on for a week now, leading nowhere. Everybody's dancing on eggshells, and any lynch we get is going to be supported by marginal evidence at best--no matter whether day one lasts another week or another six months.

I'm going to say this again: everything is a scumtell. Without any role powers, day one provides no evidence at all, except pinging everybody's respective scumdars. Don't get me wrong, the Machiavellian analysis makes for pretty entertaining reading--I just don't think it's leading anywhere until day two, when we'll have at least some in-game data to work with.

I'm leaving my vote where it is. Why not?

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:11 am UTC

Thanks, Matthias. I whole-heartily agree with your analysis of day one thus far.

If nothing new comes up soon, I'm putting my vote back out there on Sid.

frogman

Postby frogman » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:18 am UTC

Matthias wrote:Note to self: everything is a scumtell. Stop doing stuff. Oh wait, lurking is a scumtell. :roll:

My thoughts exactly.

Wait, agreeing with him might be seen as scummy to some...

I was just trying to help move along the game. But if it helps, MaJ:

Unvote: Frogman

And I will remember about the role speculations. Thank you for the pointer.
yeah yeah yeah

Azrael001

Postby Azrael001 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:43 am UTC

I've been out and about doing things. (Gran Torino is a good movie by the way)

I don't like band wagon that followed CnT for a day one joke. Especially the later ones which start making things more serious.

Unvote

Vote: Frogman

MaJ said the same thing, but I happen to agree.

frogman

Postby frogman » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:45 am UTC

Man, I can't believe how bad I am at this game! I can't make one post in any game without anyone getting suspicious of me!
yeah yeah yeah

Azrael001

Postby Azrael001 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:46 am UTC

Complaining about being suspicious, scum-tell!

frogman

Postby frogman » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:48 am UTC

OMGUS!

Vote: Azrael001

Anything I do at this point probably won't make much of a difference.
yeah yeah yeah

Woofsie

Postby Woofsie » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:00 am UTC

Well, I wasn't suspicious of frogman earlier, but those last two posts really lit up my scumdar.

First he uses the defense that he's a newbie, trying to make people feel guilty for voting him. Then he does an OMGUS.

He looks like the scummiest right now.

Vote: frogman

crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Postby crucialityfactor » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:26 am UTC

Personally, I find Matt's words a bit unsettling. He seemed to be pretty negative about how things were going, and quite overly defensive when a few people began to suspect him.

It seemed like what he said was contradictory to the whole idea of lynching Cnt.

I don't know why frogman just became the new flavor of the week...but...I'm going to dare to be different...and...

vote: Matthais

cntrational

Postby cntrational » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:36 am UTC

...well, at the moment, frogman seems to be trying to do something like the Intrigue! thing, and even if frogman is town, doing stuff like this doesn't seem helpful to the town, here.

michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing

Postby michaelandjimi » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:45 am UTC

Er, I realised I didn't vote for frogman. Here you go:

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:54 pm UTC

frogman wrote:
Matthias wrote:Note to self: everything is a scumtell. Stop doing stuff. Oh wait, lurking is a scumtell. :roll:

My thoughts exactly.

Wait, agreeing with him might be seen as scummy to some...

I was just trying to help move along the game. But if it helps, MaJ:

Unvote: Frogman

And I will remember about the role speculations. Thank you for the pointer.
This. Did I miss something? Because this whole post of Frogman's makes no sense, and then neither do his next two posts.

FoS: Frogman which may well turn into a vote, I just want to understand this post first because it makes no sense to me.

Bulvox

Postby Bulvox » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:45 pm UTC

cycoden wrote:Also, bulvox's posts:contributory posts ratio seems unusually low, even for him.
Hehe, sorry about that, but this last week has been exhausting for me, so any chance I got I was sleeping. I did manage to keep up with the thread though. Expect to hear more from me this week.
See Ya Space Cowboy...

frogman

Postby frogman » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:58 pm UTC

Well, you won't get anything out of me. I'm quitting this game, and seriously considering quitting Mafia altogether.
yeah yeah yeah

Return to “Mafia”