March Of The Newbies Mini - The Mafia Victorious

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Rufaellie
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:00 pm UTC
Location: Something only has location compared to something else.

Re: March Of The Newbies Mini

Postby Rufaellie » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:50 am UTC

Also:

1. greycloud
2. MasterOfAll 1 (greycloud)
3. Fifi
4. sje46 2 (skeptical scientist, __jess 1)
5. Matthias
6. __jess 1 (masterofall)
7. skeptical scientist

That is all.
Rufaellie wrote:I think at least twice.

User avatar
LL Cool J
___ and ___
Posts: 765
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:01 am UTC
Location: Melbourne

Re: March Of The Newbies Mini

Postby LL Cool J » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:00 am UTC

Page-topping mod post, nice timing!
Shame about Fifi, hope her internet improves so she can come play again some other time.
Rippy wrote:Slogan: "Beauty. Grace. Fluticasone propionate. Inhale twice daily."

User avatar
greycloud
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:18 pm UTC

Re: March Of The Newbies Mini

Postby greycloud » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:51 pm UTC

That is a shame about Fifi... I hope the replacement will be good, too. At least, in theory, that means we'll have twice the evidence about that one person's role. Well, not twice the evidence but twice the chance to get evidence by using the same tactics.

I think.

Anyyyyway, I'm going to Unvote and vote: ___jess. It's a suspicion I've had for a while which I think has some grounds now.

Please please please! I do this hoping that the other townies will -not- make the voting a tie! We /must/ vote for someone before nightfall!

User avatar
LL Cool J
___ and ___
Posts: 765
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:01 am UTC
Location: Melbourne

Re: March Of The Newbies Mini

Postby LL Cool J » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:33 pm UTC

Aw, damn. Greycloud, what suspicions do you have against me? I've tried to be as consistently analytical as possible, but it's hard to defend myself when I don't know why you're voting to lynch me. But I'm about to go to bed and won't be on for most of tomorrow, so here goes:

I've had a look through the whole thread, here's the thing. I have the most posts with content, counting this one (you can verify this for yourselves, I've tried to be as objective as possible), so far this game.
Me: 10
MoA: 9
Sje: 2 and a promise to do more
Grey: 9
Matthias: 4
Skep: 9
Fifi: 2

Of those posts, I have made:
Two basic remarks about the game:
Spoiler:
__jess wrote:Hmm, one thing to start off.
There's no doctor, so the cop shouldn't claim unless they have a confirmed mafia hit.

__jess wrote:Lynching the first person to claim town is pretty arbitrary. Both mafia and town are going to claim town no matter what. We have no time limit for day lengths, so there's no need to jump straight in and lynch someone. We've only got seven players, we shouldn't rush into an arbitrary lynch. The more time we spend gathering information, the better chances we have of lynching actual mafia. Also, a long first day gives us lots of info to work with later on.
Who's played before? I have, once, but I had to leave that game halfway through to go on holidays with my family.
I stated twice that I would prefer an active game over having to lynch a lurker:
Spoiler:
__jess wrote:Conducive to the game: Ok, so it seems like we're all on the same level. Hopefully Fifi will post a bit more today, she's the only one not to have joined in much, right? Lynching lurkers doesn't seem like a very good idea when there's only seven players, so hopefully she posts and we don't have to worry about it.

__jess wrote:Back to the game.
MasterOfAll wrote:
__jess wrote:Lynching lurkers doesn't seem like a very good idea when there's only seven players, so hopefully she posts and we don't have to worry about it.
If we can't find anything else to base our vote on, lynching the lurker is still a good strategy (even in a vanilla game with only 7 players) because
1. The lurker may, in fact, be scum.
2. We encourage each other to post more which makes for a more interesting game.
3. We will also have more postings upon which to base future decisions since our policy encourages discussion and we get rid of non-contributor.

I know I am not stating any novel theories here, but that does not mean they are not valid.
Definitely valid theories, it's a valid reason for lynching. I was just trying to say that I'd prefer to avoid it and have everybody be nice and active. I'd rather encourage everybody to post early on, without setting the example of lynching someone.
I made a post identifying a discrepancy I saw in Fifi's post:
Spoiler:
__jess wrote:
Fifi wrote:Yeah the whole lynch the lurkers thing has always sounded pretty good, are there any lurkers in this game so far? I'm out for the day today but I should have the internet when I get home.
It's kind of odd that you read this page without realising you were the one mentioned for being quiet. Least vocal people in the game so far are you, greycloud and matthias. But we've just started, I don't think any of you are really lurking just yet.
Then I made a post identifying a discrepancy I saw in the posts of skeptical scientist.
Spoiler:
__jess wrote:First page:
skeptical scientist wrote:Okay, that's everyone. We really don't have much to go on, this being day 1, and this is an open game, so we don't really have much to talk about other than who to lynch. So...

vote: greycloud

...since he was the only one to claim town. :P

Third page:
skeptical scientist wrote:
greycloud wrote:I have a suspicion that MasterOfAll is scum... I don't have a lot of reasoning, my only suspicion coming from a post in the first page saying 'us townies'. For some reason it stuck in my mind as being forced. Sorry if I'm wrong.

Vote: MasterOfAll

If nothing else, it'll make good conversation.

Well, it didn't strike me that way at all. It's day 1, so we have to lynch someone, and don't really have much to go on. He did propose the quiz, which was kind of a waste of time (in that the quiz-related posts will probably be useless for analysis later on). But he had a somewhat plausible reason for that: it lets us compare how people post when they are talking normally with how they post when they are playing the game, which may help suss out the people who are constantly lying through their teeth, or pretending to be helpful without actually being helpful. Also, if it were up to me, I'd rather vote someone who has been less vocal than MasterOfAll.

Ok, so first skeptical scientist votes greycloud arbitrarily- because she claimed town. Then skep defends MasterOfAll against greycloud. It seems a little odd to vote greycloud and then argue when she uses the same tactic against someone else, no?
After making another general post about overall tactics -
Spoiler:
__jess wrote:Meta-gaming surely isn't that much help. IRC mafia is completely different to fora games.
So what're your reasons for voting sje, skep? I'm not convinced, but then it's day one and something has to happen sooner or later.
I decided that the reasons which had already been discussed made sense, and provided some of my own, and voted for sje.
Spoiler:
__jess wrote:EBWOP: Ack, you gave your reasons, sorry. I should know better than to post as soon as I wake up. Let me try that again.
Fifi wrote:Okay so this has been going on for days and we haven't reached night yet! Mod - can we only have night when we've lynched someone? How many votes are needed for a lynch?
Greycloud seems kinda suspicious...I don't know, just a general feeling with no real evidence.
Ummm generally a sign of being mafia is posting a lot to avoid suspicion for being a lurker. Maybe sje46? What do you guys think?

Sje hasn't posted a lot. Nothing on this page, and not a lot before it, as skep pointed out. Even though you're leaning towards voting him for different reasons, the fact that he hasn't posted a lot is convincing me. Quiet on Day One gives us much less information to look back at later on, and an active game is a good game.
Vote: sje46
I then defended myself against MasterOfAll:
Spoiler:
__jess wrote:Fair enough, though I'd rather not be lynched, considering that I am voting for sje46 based on the same ideas that you and skeptical outlined-
(a) That a no-lynch is a Bad Idea.
(b) That lynching players with low-content posts is a solid tactic, as you stated a few pages ago:
[spoiler]
MasterOfAll wrote:If we can't find anything else to base our vote on, lynching the lurker is still a good strategy (even in a vanilla game with only 7 players) because
1. The lurker may, in fact, be scum.
2. We encourage each other to post more which makes for a more interesting game.
3. We will also have more postings upon which to base future decisions since our policy encourages discussion and we get rid of non-contributor.

I know I am not stating any novel theories here, but that does not mean they are not valid.
Also, this is hardly a bandwagon. Three pages, multiple posts and a whole lot of thought went into it. I wasn't trying to blend in with the majority, given that the majority can't make up their minds. Voting for me just because I happen to have thought about and agreed with the arguments presented by several other players (including yourself) seems tenuous.
And now I'm defending myself again.

Keep in mind, MasterOfAll, that you're voting for me based on my alleged bandwagoning of Sje46 (which was justified). You said that you were willing to vote for him, even though you "honestly don't think Sje is scum, but could be reading him wrong", in the post straight after my vote post. Therefore you knew that the case against sje has substance.

Now, looking at my cool list of contributional posts up there, sje is the least contributional (not counting Fifi, but that seems fair considering she's about to be replaced for circumstances beyond her control). That doesn't mean that he is scum for sure, but he has just as much chance at this point of being scum as anyone else, and is and will continue to be harder to detect because of his low content posts. This is especially worrisome considering that Day One is best for later analysis. I'm quite willing to reconsider my vote, but at this point I see no better option.

This has been a hellishly long post. I've done my best to show you that my behaviour has been consistent throughout the game: I've provided solid reasoning, consistent analysis and been as active and useful as possible. Day One should be like that: Active and dynamic, so that there is plenty to consider later.

Greycloud and co., if you don't want there to be even votes, perhaps you should unvote me? There is really no case against me.
Rippy wrote:Slogan: "Beauty. Grace. Fluticasone propionate. Inhale twice daily."

sje46
Posts: 4730
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 4:41 am UTC
Location: New Hampshire

Re: March Of The Newbies Mini

Postby sje46 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:00 pm UTC

Ruf: awesome mod
jess: Thinks lynching first person to claim town is arbitrary. Thinks L'ing L'ers is a good idea. Prudent. Votes me because I'm quiet. :( Votes for me not because everyone else did, but simply agreed with reasons.
master:voted for me to see how i would react. Believes lyncher th lurker is a good strategy so the game moves on. Thinks skep is erratic, but that is not necessarily scummy, as he is trying to move the game along. Created questionaire. Ignores baseless claim by grey he is townie because accusation makes no sense. Does crazy math to calculate probabilities. b WOluld striek for middle ground if scum. IS disappointed when he is not scum. Does not think I am scum. Is pudent. STill leans to me. Votes jess for jumping on bandwagon.
Good analytical player.
math:Speaks in 3rd person. Mounrs lack of input from himself. Lists thoughts a little while later, still mourning lack of input, decalres skep, himself scummy. Confused skep with Master. Agrees with skep about the quiz, and wants others to lurk so that he can lynch one without any harsh feelings. Skeptical about percentages. THinks speeding things along is sign of impatience.
grey:Does not think it is a big deal to claim townie. Quite lost. Votes master for saying "us townies". Wants more to offer in the way of contribution. Claims twonie (wait . .. ). Asks how you would act if you were mafia. Thinks unhelpful posts are better than sitting in silence. Gives me chance to speak out. CAn't spell "individual". Does not think I'm scum. Votes Jess.
fifi:Agrees with L the L'ers. Thinks lynching first person to claim town is not good. Impatient. Votes me for lurking because posting a lot (even though I don't post a lot)


THat is nothing. I am terrible at this game, which is why I hate contributing. I really have no confidence with these things, so don't just vote me because I don't contribute much.
General_Norris: Taking pride in your nation is taking pride in the division of humanity.
Pirate.Bondage: Let's get married. Right now.

User avatar
Fifi
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:21 pm UTC
Location: Chicago

Re: March Of The Newbies Mini

Postby Fifi » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:06 pm UTC

Hey guys - so sorry about this :( On a friend's computer at the moment. Hopefully I'll be back soonish to play more mafia :)
Good luck town!
If all the village idiots, from all the villages, came together to form their own village, of idiots - in that village, you would be the village idiot

User avatar
MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:38 pm UTC
Location: C̶a̶l̶i̶f̶o̶r̶n̶i̶a̶ Beautiful

Re: March Of The Newbies Mini

Postby MasterOfAll » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:36 pm UTC

I do not have much time at the moment, but because jess has done a very good job of defending herself:

UNVOTE
Kipper wrote:SERIOUSLY. Listen to MoA, he knows his stuff. . . High five MoA!
(not funny, but true)
ameretrifle wrote:MoA is an astute logician and is, in fact, directly related to Sherlock Holmes on his mother's side.
(ditto for this one)

User avatar
Matthias
Posts: 275
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:55 am UTC
Location: Out of context, probably.
Contact:

Re: March Of The Newbies Mini

Postby Matthias » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:39 pm UTC

Matthias has returned from another military hiatus. He was given a three hour notice to pack his things and get ready to move to a different base, whereupon it took three days to regain internet access. He can empathize with fifi's plight, and wishes her good luck in future virtual endeavors.

He believes that a preemptive lynch of Asmods would be both amusing and counterproductive. He also believes that he has perhaps been avoiding the issue of who to vote for because nobody seems suspicious. On the other hand, he also believes that looking for suspicion on day one is inherently a crapshoot. As such, he will go with the person who, on his earlier list, seemed the most scummy.

Vote: skeptical scientist

A thousand and one apologies are offered, but he is afraid that weak reasoning is better than none at all.
Love may be blind, but lust has x-ray vision.
Avatar shamelessly plucked from PMOG.

Also, it turns out I'm not dead--I'm just a right bastard who disappears from the internet for months at a time every so often.

User avatar
MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:38 pm UTC
Location: C̶a̶l̶i̶f̶o̶r̶n̶i̶a̶ Beautiful

Re: March Of The Newbies Mini

Postby MasterOfAll » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:44 am UTC

No time to explain at the moment, but:

Vote: Skeptical
Kipper wrote:SERIOUSLY. Listen to MoA, he knows his stuff. . . High five MoA!
(not funny, but true)
ameretrifle wrote:MoA is an astute logician and is, in fact, directly related to Sherlock Holmes on his mother's side.
(ditto for this one)

User avatar
MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:38 pm UTC
Location: C̶a̶l̶i̶f̶o̶r̶n̶i̶a̶ Beautiful

Re: March Of The Newbies Mini

Postby MasterOfAll » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:54 am UTC

My reason for voting for skeptical:

I really have no idea who the scum is at this point, but since I enjoy reading the posts by Matthias the most, I am going to go along with his pick. (Jess gets credit for the most carefully thought out and most detailed posts.)
Kipper wrote:SERIOUSLY. Listen to MoA, he knows his stuff. . . High five MoA!
(not funny, but true)
ameretrifle wrote:MoA is an astute logician and is, in fact, directly related to Sherlock Holmes on his mother's side.
(ditto for this one)

User avatar
Rufaellie
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:00 pm UTC
Location: Something only has location compared to something else.

Re: March Of The Newbies Mini

Postby Rufaellie » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:29 am UTC

Announcement:

Asmodieus will be replacing Fifi and assuming her role. This will happen right away, so Asmodieus can now join in.

That's all folks!
Rufaellie wrote:I think at least twice.

User avatar
skeptical scientist
closed-minded spiritualist
Posts: 6142
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:09 am UTC
Location: San Francisco

Re: March Of The Newbies Mini

Postby skeptical scientist » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:36 am UTC

MasterOfAll wrote:My reason for voting for skeptical:

I really have no idea who the scum is at this point, but since I enjoy reading the posts by Matthias the most, I am going to go along with his pick. (Jess gets credit for the most carefully thought out and most detailed posts.)

If you honestly thought I was scum, I could understand voting for me. But if nobody seems like scum to you, wouldn't it make more sense from a strategic point of view to lynch sje, for all the reasons that Jess and I have explained?
I'm looking forward to the day when the SNES emulator on my computer works by emulating the elementary particles in an actual, physical box with Nintendo stamped on the side.

"With math, all things are possible." —Rebecca Watson

User avatar
MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:38 pm UTC
Location: C̶a̶l̶i̶f̶o̶r̶n̶i̶a̶ Beautiful

Re: March Of The Newbies Mini

Postby MasterOfAll » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:20 pm UTC

skeptical scientist wrote:
MasterOfAll wrote:My reason for voting for skeptical:

I really have no idea who the scum is at this point, but since I enjoy reading the posts by Matthias the most, I am going to go along with his pick. (Jess gets credit for the most carefully thought out and most detailed posts.)

If you honestly thought I was scum, I could understand voting for me. But if nobody seems like scum to you, wouldn't it make more sense from a strategic point of view to lynch sje, for all the reasons that Jess and I have explained?


Yes, but sometimes logic and strategy only get one so far. At which point it is sensible to go with instinct and I-cannot-believe-I-pulled-that-out-of-my-ass-but-was-totally-right-bility.

Also, since Fifi was being replaced, I figured it would be best to continue vote hopping until Asmod could join us and contribute a bit.
Kipper wrote:SERIOUSLY. Listen to MoA, he knows his stuff. . . High five MoA!
(not funny, but true)
ameretrifle wrote:MoA is an astute logician and is, in fact, directly related to Sherlock Holmes on his mother's side.
(ditto for this one)

User avatar
skeptical scientist
closed-minded spiritualist
Posts: 6142
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:09 am UTC
Location: San Francisco

Re: March Of The Newbies Mini

Postby skeptical scientist » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:09 pm UTC

MasterOfAll wrote:Yes, but sometimes logic and strategy only get one so far. At which point it is sensible to go with instinct and I-cannot-believe-I-pulled-that-out-of-my-ass-but-was-totally-right-bility.

If your plan is to toss out logic and rely on luck, I wouldn't recommend it. As you yourself know, our chance of prevailing based on luck alone is under one in four.

Also, since Fifi was being replaced, I figured it would be best to continue vote hopping until Asmod could join us and contribute a bit.

Fair enough. I wish this game were moving a bit more quickly, but I see the logic in getting Asmod's take on things.
I'm looking forward to the day when the SNES emulator on my computer works by emulating the elementary particles in an actual, physical box with Nintendo stamped on the side.

"With math, all things are possible." —Rebecca Watson

User avatar
MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:38 pm UTC
Location: C̶a̶l̶i̶f̶o̶r̶n̶i̶a̶ Beautiful

Re: March Of The Newbies Mini

Postby MasterOfAll » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:22 pm UTC

Okay, I really would like to get Asmod's take on who amongst us seems the most scummy, as that will provide a whole new viewpoint from someone that has not, until now, been tainted by being in this game. So, . . .

UNVOTE
Kipper wrote:SERIOUSLY. Listen to MoA, he knows his stuff. . . High five MoA!
(not funny, but true)
ameretrifle wrote:MoA is an astute logician and is, in fact, directly related to Sherlock Holmes on his mother's side.
(ditto for this one)

User avatar
Asmodieus
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:16 pm UTC
Location: Ardis
Contact:

Re: March Of The Newbies Mini

Postby Asmodieus » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:55 pm UTC

Gotta catch up D=
Tillian wrote:Yeah, but the polar bears get more territorial during the summer, so we have to stay indoors.

User avatar
MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:38 pm UTC
Location: C̶a̶l̶i̶f̶o̶r̶n̶i̶a̶ Beautiful

Re: March Of The Newbies Mini

Postby MasterOfAll » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:25 am UTC

Asmodieus wrote:Gotta catch up D=


Yes, please do and let us know what (if any) suspicions you have.

Still stuck in day 1, but us townies are just trying to compile as much data as possible before actually committing to a lynch (at least, I think that's what we have been doing).
Kipper wrote:SERIOUSLY. Listen to MoA, he knows his stuff. . . High five MoA!
(not funny, but true)
ameretrifle wrote:MoA is an astute logician and is, in fact, directly related to Sherlock Holmes on his mother's side.
(ditto for this one)

User avatar
skeptical scientist
closed-minded spiritualist
Posts: 6142
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:09 am UTC
Location: San Francisco

Re: March Of The Newbies Mini

Postby skeptical scientist » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:17 am UTC

Mostly I'm just waiting for something to happen at this point. I understand the logic behind wanting a long first day so we have lots of food for analysis later, but after a week of day one I just badly want the day to end.
I'm looking forward to the day when the SNES emulator on my computer works by emulating the elementary particles in an actual, physical box with Nintendo stamped on the side.

"With math, all things are possible." —Rebecca Watson

User avatar
MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:38 pm UTC
Location: C̶a̶l̶i̶f̶o̶r̶n̶i̶a̶ Beautiful

Re: March Of The Newbies Mini

Postby MasterOfAll » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:38 pm UTC

skeptical scientist wrote:. . . after a week of day one I just badly want the day to end.

I agree with this sentiment, and since we had very little input from Fifi (understandable, due to internet issues) and now no input from Asmodieus (understandable, due to catching up) I will try to put some pressure on Asmod to respond. So,

Vote: Asmodieus
Kipper wrote:SERIOUSLY. Listen to MoA, he knows his stuff. . . High five MoA!
(not funny, but true)
ameretrifle wrote:MoA is an astute logician and is, in fact, directly related to Sherlock Holmes on his mother's side.
(ditto for this one)

User avatar
greycloud
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:18 pm UTC

Re: March Of The Newbies Mini

Postby greycloud » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:20 pm UTC

Wow, it's gone quiet... Partially my fault, I was away from the weekend and I forgot to tell people. Sorry :(

Anyway, I'm not convinced by Jess's arguments, although it is quite impressive. But arguing so much just adds to my theory, as I think scum argue more when put into a corner. The main reason for my suspicion earlier was from earlier when I said Jess was suspicious because she was the only player who affectively blended without creating too much attention - scummy or not - to herself.

And I'm sorry for the spelling mistakes. I don't have an inbuilt spellchecker, I'm lazy and I usually write posts late at night.

User avatar
LL Cool J
___ and ___
Posts: 765
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:01 am UTC
Location: Melbourne

Re: March Of The Newbies Mini

Postby LL Cool J » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:45 pm UTC

Saying that scum argue more when put into a corner doesn't make much sense- townspeople don't want to be lynched either, and in a small game like this, every vote counts. I don't know how you saw me blending in, when I was doing my best to post my suspicions and be very active. Everyone wants to blend in to some extent- townspeople who don't are likely to be lynched. This is clearly a bad thing.

Your sustained attack on me makes me suspicious. It seems like you're sticking to me no matter what I say, and modifying your argument when I defend myself. That big long defence, that was hardly blending in, was it?

FoS: greycloud
Rippy wrote:Slogan: "Beauty. Grace. Fluticasone propionate. Inhale twice daily."

User avatar
MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:38 pm UTC
Location: C̶a̶l̶i̶f̶o̶r̶n̶i̶a̶ Beautiful

Re: March Of The Newbies Mini

Postby MasterOfAll » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:59 am UTC

Although I am not removing my vote for Asmod at this time, I would now be 100 times more inclined to vote for greycloud than for jess. Jess has been lucid throughout this game so far and has greatly contributed to the discussion, while greycloud has voted for the 2 people who have spent the most effort analyzing things (jess and I). (I am guessing that greycloud's next target will be skeptic.)

But, I still want to hear what Asmod thinks of everything, and failing a response, my vote stays right where it is.
Kipper wrote:SERIOUSLY. Listen to MoA, he knows his stuff. . . High five MoA!
(not funny, but true)
ameretrifle wrote:MoA is an astute logician and is, in fact, directly related to Sherlock Holmes on his mother's side.
(ditto for this one)

User avatar
Rufaellie
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:00 pm UTC
Location: Something only has location compared to something else.

Re: March Of The Newbies Mini

Postby Rufaellie » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:18 am UTC

Votals

1. greycloud
2. MasterOfAll
3. Asmodieus 1 (MasterOfAll)
4. sje46 2 (skeptical scientist, __jess 1)
5. Matthias
6. __jess 1 (greycloud)
7. skeptical scientist 1 (Matthias)


Pay no attention to that silly player behind the curtain. He does not know what he is talking about.
Last edited by Rufaellie on Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:18 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Rufaellie wrote:I think at least twice.

User avatar
MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:38 pm UTC
Location: C̶a̶l̶i̶f̶o̶r̶n̶i̶a̶ Beautiful

Re: March Of The Newbies Mini

Postby MasterOfAll » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:37 pm UTC

greycloud wrote:That is a shame about Fifi... I hope the replacement will be good, too. At least, in theory, that means we'll have twice the evidence about that one person's role. Well, not twice the evidence but twice the chance to get evidence by using the same tactics.

I think.

Anyyyyway, I'm going to Unvote and vote: ___jess. It's a suspicion I've had for a while which I think has some grounds now.

Please please please! I do this hoping that the other townies will -not- make the voting a tie! We /must/ vote for someone before nightfall!


@Ruf: I think you missed this post when greycloud changed her vote to jess. Just so that your Votals are accurate. And this post is going to make no sense when you edit your list. :D
Kipper wrote:SERIOUSLY. Listen to MoA, he knows his stuff. . . High five MoA!
(not funny, but true)
ameretrifle wrote:MoA is an astute logician and is, in fact, directly related to Sherlock Holmes on his mother's side.
(ditto for this one)

User avatar
skeptical scientist
closed-minded spiritualist
Posts: 6142
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:09 am UTC
Location: San Francisco

Re: March Of The Newbies Mini

Postby skeptical scientist » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:46 pm UTC

Asmodieus, have you caught up yet?
I'm looking forward to the day when the SNES emulator on my computer works by emulating the elementary particles in an actual, physical box with Nintendo stamped on the side.

"With math, all things are possible." —Rebecca Watson

User avatar
LL Cool J
___ and ___
Posts: 765
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:01 am UTC
Location: Melbourne

Re: March Of The Newbies Mini

Postby LL Cool J » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:13 am UTC

Can we Mod Poke Asmodieus, please? We're slowing right down.
Rippy wrote:Slogan: "Beauty. Grace. Fluticasone propionate. Inhale twice daily."

sje46
Posts: 4730
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 4:41 am UTC
Location: New Hampshire

Re: March Of The Newbies Mini

Postby sje46 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:06 am UTC

Come on, Asmo!
General_Norris: Taking pride in your nation is taking pride in the division of humanity.
Pirate.Bondage: Let's get married. Right now.

User avatar
Matthias
Posts: 275
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:55 am UTC
Location: Out of context, probably.
Contact:

Re: March Of The Newbies Mini

Postby Matthias » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:25 am UTC

Matthias would like to reiterate that lurking is both a scumtell and an exceptional reason to lynch someone.

Then again, he acknowledges that pleading for a lynch is also a scumtell.

FoS: Asmods, Matthias
Love may be blind, but lust has x-ray vision.
Avatar shamelessly plucked from PMOG.

Also, it turns out I'm not dead--I'm just a right bastard who disappears from the internet for months at a time every so often.

User avatar
skeptical scientist
closed-minded spiritualist
Posts: 6142
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:09 am UTC
Location: San Francisco

Re: March Of The Newbies Mini

Postby skeptical scientist » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:05 pm UTC

Alright, this is ridiculous. Asmo pops up once, three days ago, to say he needs to catch up, and then vanishes. The thread is four pages long; you could read the whole thing in just a few minutes. Taking three days to catch up is inexcusable, as is failing to answer our questions if you have caught up. As such, I'm changing my vote.

UNVOTE: Sje
VOTE: Asmodieus
I'm looking forward to the day when the SNES emulator on my computer works by emulating the elementary particles in an actual, physical box with Nintendo stamped on the side.

"With math, all things are possible." —Rebecca Watson

sje46
Posts: 4730
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 4:41 am UTC
Location: New Hampshire

Re: March Of The Newbies Mini

Postby sje46 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:50 pm UTC

The lurking is ridiculous, and also because I don't want to be be voted off I'm going to
Vote: Asmo.

That will give me time to convince people that I actually am town.
General_Norris: Taking pride in your nation is taking pride in the division of humanity.
Pirate.Bondage: Let's get married. Right now.

User avatar
MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:38 pm UTC
Location: C̶a̶l̶i̶f̶o̶r̶n̶i̶a̶ Beautiful

Re: March Of The Newbies Mini

Postby MasterOfAll » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:55 pm UTC

Agreed. If my vote wasn't already there, I would move it to Asmodieus.
Kipper wrote:SERIOUSLY. Listen to MoA, he knows his stuff. . . High five MoA!
(not funny, but true)
ameretrifle wrote:MoA is an astute logician and is, in fact, directly related to Sherlock Holmes on his mother's side.
(ditto for this one)

User avatar
LL Cool J
___ and ___
Posts: 765
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:01 am UTC
Location: Melbourne

Re: March Of The Newbies Mini

Postby LL Cool J » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:30 am UTC

I'm not going to vote for Asmod until Rufaellie lets us know whether or not he's been poked.
Rippy wrote:Slogan: "Beauty. Grace. Fluticasone propionate. Inhale twice daily."

User avatar
Matthias
Posts: 275
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:55 am UTC
Location: Out of context, probably.
Contact:

Re: March Of The Newbies Mini

Postby Matthias » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:40 am UTC

Matthias urges you to stop, collaborate and listen, for the time of the hammer has arrived.

Unvote: skeptical scientist
Vote: Asmodieus
Love may be blind, but lust has x-ray vision.
Avatar shamelessly plucked from PMOG.

Also, it turns out I'm not dead--I'm just a right bastard who disappears from the internet for months at a time every so often.

User avatar
skeptical scientist
closed-minded spiritualist
Posts: 6142
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:09 am UTC
Location: San Francisco

Re: March Of The Newbies Mini

Postby skeptical scientist » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:02 am UTC

That's a lynch.
I'm looking forward to the day when the SNES emulator on my computer works by emulating the elementary particles in an actual, physical box with Nintendo stamped on the side.

"With math, all things are possible." —Rebecca Watson

User avatar
Rufaellie
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:00 pm UTC
Location: Something only has location compared to something else.

Re: March Of The Newbies Mini

Postby Rufaellie » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:02 am UTC

As Fifi left the town and was quickly replaced by her identical twin who was not a girl it was noticed that they both had been very quiet. Though the town shouted questions at Asmodieus he seemed lost in another world. Even a heavenly voice calling out did not stir him. So they decided that both brother and sister must have been scum and strung him up. To the last he seemed distant and uncaring.

Asmodieus is dead. (He was modpoked)
Send in night actions.
Rufaellie wrote:I think at least twice.

User avatar
Rufaellie
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:00 pm UTC
Location: Something only has location compared to something else.

Re: March Of The Newbies Mini

Postby Rufaellie » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:09 am UTC

Just waiting on some night actions, Day 2 will begin shortly.
Rufaellie wrote:I think at least twice.

User avatar
Rufaellie
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:00 pm UTC
Location: Something only has location compared to something else.

Re: March Of The Newbies Mini

Postby Rufaellie » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:24 am UTC

The villagers awoke after an unusually long slumber. Obviously some nefarious plot had been afoot to keep the villagers asleep long enough for the mafia to launch their supposed scheme.

Nonetheless the villagers woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed (or bottomed, since none of the villagers had tales) and went to see if they had succesfully lynched the mafia yesterday. Unfortunately when they got to Fifi's and Asmodieus' house all they found were various records from the 1950s and some knitting, obviously not the implements of violent folk. Also on the table in clear view were two "I'M A TOWNIE" cards.

Sad as the villagers were to see this, they suddenly noticed that one among them was not among them! They rushed over to __jess' house only to discover she had been murdered in a very scientifically complicated way involving gasses, a spoon and fun house mirrors! Also a stilleto stuck in her back held a note saying "I hate these damn townies!" The Mafia had struck again!


Asmodieus/Fifi are dead. They were townie.
__jess is dead. She was townie.

Day 2 begins now!
Rufaellie wrote:I think at least twice.

User avatar
Rufaellie
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:00 pm UTC
Location: Something only has location compared to something else.

Re: March Of The Newbies Mini

Postby Rufaellie » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:27 am UTC

IT IS LYLO
Rufaellie wrote:I think at least twice.

User avatar
skeptical scientist
closed-minded spiritualist
Posts: 6142
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:09 am UTC
Location: San Francisco

Re: March Of The Newbies Mini

Postby skeptical scientist » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:52 am UTC

Since there are two mafia left, if a townie votes for another townie, the mafia can quickly jump on the bandwagon and win the game.

AS SUCH DO NOT VOTE AT ALL UNLESS ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN OF HITTING MAFIA.
I'm looking forward to the day when the SNES emulator on my computer works by emulating the elementary particles in an actual, physical box with Nintendo stamped on the side.

"With math, all things are possible." —Rebecca Watson

User avatar
greycloud
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:18 pm UTC

Re: March Of The Newbies Mini - The Second Day

Postby greycloud » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:59 pm UTC

I think that's me told...

Alright, so I'm really sorry for suspecting Jess, who was a townie. I honestly thought that she wasn't. I doubted that Fifi and her aliace were scum, but they were more got rid of so we have enough evidence to continue. We need to continue. Who'd benifit from the lack of Jess?


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: wam and 9 guests