The sun rose on XKCD University. As the students sauntered into the various buildings on campus, they soon realized that not all was well. Something seemed wrong, terribly wrong. But yet no one could put their finger on it. There was an eeriness surrounding the place, as if a dark fog had settled, consuming everything. As the students turned the keys in the locks of their respective labs, they discovered with shock and horror that everything had vanished! All the labs were empty, and there was not a professor to be found or a beaker left hanging on the drying rack. Only the wise old Dr. Wonka was left, asleep in his chair. However, there was a presence felt, the students knew others were there. But who?
~Unlike some mods, I update this as people are lynched/killed/whatnot, just FYI.
~There are NO vanilla roles
~This is all the info you are going to get!
~Yes, I asked for everyone's major/field of interest, but not all roles are based on this...about half of the roles are field-specific.
Scum: Rules and regulations are their way of life, they want conformity and they hate¬ independent thinking.
Cult: The forgotten ones of the University. Everyone pretty much ignores you, hence you have formed your own little cult to try and get noticed
Independent: You struggle with the schoolwork and are not sure you want to be here. You may also crave power beyond which what you should have.
Students: Papers, research, and exams are your life. Sleep? What’s that? Friends? What are those? You know XKCD University so well you could traverse it in your sleep. Your concern is merely with graduating. What a life.
Special Roles: Are special. Squeek!
Masons: More of a...hmm..."masonesquness" let's say.
Fine. Here are the rules, by request so crucialityfactor is not embarrassed.
~Written by Vox, edited by yours truly.
Mafia, also known as Werewolf (to infidels, we shall not speak of them), is a game originating in real life, but adapted for a forum setting. Basically, you have a small village of innocent people, but hidden among them is a group of nasty mafiosos, whose sole goal is to have at least 50% of the population belong to their organization so that they can control the lynch-votes. Since they cannot recruit people, the only way to achieve this is bloody murder, but not more than one per night. The rest of the town uses their deductive abilities, along with some special roles, to find these infiltrators and lynch them.
To Vote: You must bold it, if you don't and I miss it, not our fault! It should also be on a separate line such as:
If you want to change a vote, do it in this manner:
Night—when everything else happens:
People who are not regular townies send in their night actions, discuss among themselves (mafia, cult), etc.
4. Don't lurk through the whole game; if you need to drop out, TELL ME. Really bad lurkers risk MODKILL
5. If you aren't part of the game, please post in a separate, forbidden to players, thread for outside analysis.
7. If you die, don't say anything for the rest of the game except a simple, "Bah, you got me," which reveals no information.
8. You may not post verbatim or quote from your role PM. Paraphrasing is fine.
9. You may not edit your posts. This is to preempt the possibility of cheating by sending messages to other people and then editing them out.
Two special rules for this game:
1) We will start in N0 phase as some players have N0 actions
2) There CAN be night talking...you may see questions posted and such, feel free to discuss/answer them - but DO NOT talk about the game itself in night phase.
Additional Resources if you like vanilla boringness, which this game is not.
1. Excellent Tutorial: http://www.sitesled.com/members/mikebur ... scum04.swf
2. A whole wiki about this: http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page