MINI: Fast Food Sins - Junk Food Expo is OVER!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: MINI: Fast Food Sins ( Day 1 Begins! )

Postby Maseiken » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:55 am UTC

I haven't seen any argument against it...
Vote CntRational
"GRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOWR!!!!"
(Translation: "Objection!")

Maseiken had the ball at the top of the key...
Maseiken
The Candylawyer

Postby Megatriorchis » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:02 am UTC

I'm inclined to vote for Cnt, but I'll wait until he has a chance to say something.
The Humanity for the Undead Coalition: Bringing Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness to the Undead and Other Supernatural Humanoids. Zombies don't eat people; people eat people!
Megatriorchis

Postby Brooklynxman » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:11 am UTC

Wow, this is quite a bandwagon, though given its day one and there is no other info to go on, Id be willing t pick up on it, only after we give Cnt ample time to defend himself. This has been an interesting day 1 to say the least.
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby SuperTD » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:54 am UTC

Yes, I agree that we need to give Cnt some time to speak. I think there are enough votes to put pressure on him now.
nightlina wrote:Damn.. if there was a cannon ball thrown for every time someone was wrong on the internet.. well... I don't think we'd have enough cannon balls!
SuperTD

Postby mpolo » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:17 am UTC

Cnt's silence is certainly deafening. I'm going to hold off on voting in the hopes that he wakes up. Brooklynmanx makes me somewhat nervous as well, but not having even a defense from Cnt is giving me goosebumps...
Image <-- Evil experiment
mpolo

Postby mikek » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:17 am UTC

I am an independent with my own win condition. I suspect that some other independents share my win condition and some do not. Do other independents agree with that?

Cnt hasn't actually said anything at all since the game started. It seems most likely he just hasn't had time to look at the thread over the weekend. Can we get a modpoke on him if he doesn't pipe up fairly soon?
everything under the sun is in tune
but the sun is eclipsed by the moon
mikek

Postby markstonia » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:42 pm UTC

I confirm what everyone in my team has said I also believe we dhould give CNT some time.
In the end everything boils down to prostitution and drugs
markstonia

Postby Jar'O'Jam » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:47 pm UTC

4 for CntRational ( Pepsiblue, Entropy, MartinW, Maseiken )
Agronica - my musical outlet for the past couple of years - give it a listen at Soundcloud
Jar'O'Jam

Postby mpolo » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:18 pm UTC

My suspicion is that the independents have independent goals. Maybe someone else shares my goal, but I wasn't given his name to be able to coordinate with him.
mpolo

Postby luketheduke » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:25 pm UTC

Only 4 votes? Then I will follow my franchise and put one more out.

vote CntRational

@mpolo: You mean "personal win" conditions?
As long as I know how to love / I know I'll stay alive /
'cause I've got all my life to live / and I've got all my love to give / and I'll survive /
I will survive
Dan Savage wrote:HER CLIT. While you fuck her. Play with her clit.
luketheduke
Sour Kraut

Postby Jar'O'Jam » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:02 pm UTC

5 for CntRational ( Pepsiblue, Entropy, MartinW, Maseiken, LukeTheDuke ), 8 to lynch, ~24 hours left.
Agronica - my musical outlet for the past couple of years - give it a listen at Soundcloud
Jar'O'Jam

Postby moody7277 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:54 pm UTC

Cnt has had plenty of time to respnd and hasn't done so. Let's just finish it and see what happens.

Vote: CntRational
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.
moody7277

Postby mikek » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:23 pm UTC

I see that CntRational has posted in the invitational thread...
everything under the sun is in tune
but the sun is eclipsed by the moon
mikek

Postby mpolo » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:09 pm UTC

Just checking in after the St. Patrick's Day festivities.... (Nothing much actually -- I went to a talk on the development of Christological thought in the early councils of the Church...) I'm going to go ahead and cast my vote:

Vote: Cntrational

I'll still check in in 10-12 hours to see if there is a pressing reason to change it.

@luketheduke: Yes, I think that there are various personal win conditions; that is, various independents can win in various ways.
mpolo

Postby Brooklynxman » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:45 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:My suspicion is that the independents have independent goals. Maybe someone else shares my goal, but I wasn't given his name to be able to coordinate with him.

<.<

In other words, please do not vote anymore until cnt has a chance to defend himself. Speed-lynch is anti-town unless it is on a confirmed scum (or sin in this case), and even then, its best to gather info if possible.

Spoiler:
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:52 pm UTC

BTW: I know the agruement more info sin has = bad, however, say we accidently kill half the town, we dramtically increase the sins chances of hitting king when he suicide kills at that point.

It is a balancing act. I personally think the sooner the sin dies, the better, b/c otherwise the sin gets progressively more likely to kill the king.

Spoiler:
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby moody7277 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:48 am UTC

Brooklynxman wrote:
mpolo wrote:My suspicion is that the independents have independent goals. Maybe someone else shares my goal, but I wasn't given his name to be able to coordinate with him.

<.<

In other words, please do not vote anymore until cnt has a chance to defend himself. Speed-lynch is anti-town unless it is on a confirmed scum (or sin in this case), and even then, its best to gather info if possible.

Only thing is a bunch of us think he already has had enough time to defend himself, and has kept mum. We already know who not to lynch, so it's just a matter of time, and the sins have to get lucky with their one shot, and it's a one-in-eight chance (taking into account that we have not identified what franchise we represent).

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.
moody7277

Postby mollusk » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:06 pm UTC

He's had more than enough time to speak up and the day's over any minute. The fact that he's not tells me he has nothing to say that would help his case. I'll go ahead and

vote: CntRational
John Hodgman wrote:...while the truth may be stranger than fiction, it is never as strange as lies . . . or as true.
mollusk

Postby markstonia » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:19 pm UTC

Vote:Cnt

He's been posting in other places but hasn't posted here yet so I'll vote him.
markstonia

Postby Entropy » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:27 pm UTC

9/15... looks like a lynch to me.
Entropy

Postby Jar'O'Jam » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:56 pm UTC

The majority goes against CntRational. They decide to kill him in Fast Food style - they feed him his last meal, which, itself, will be the reason why it is the last. But time passes, and the lynchee seems perfectly fine, apart from a little "*burp* 'scuse me".
You all hear a loud horn, which means that the Expo is closing for today. Everybody goes back to their hotels / motels / camps and prepare for a good nights sleep. Or do they ?
Jar'O'Jam

Re: MINI: Fast Food Sins ( Night 1 Follows! )

Postby Jar'O'Jam » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:41 pm UTC

The night won't be long, 24h max
Jar'O'Jam

Re: MINI: Fast Food Sins ( Day 2 has cometh! )

Postby Jar'O'Jam » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:46 pm UTC

Little by little the big convention hall gets filled up again. Amongst other visitors you see familiar faces - it appears that nobody is missing.
Day 2 has begun. 15 players alive, 8 to lynch, no more than 72h left.
Jar'O'Jam

Postby moody7277 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:05 pm UTC

Okay, so while we may want to speculate on why Cnt is unlynchable, basically it means he isn't a sin, and so we should move on. Brooklyn seemed to be most against our current plan for getting at the sins. His point here:

Brooklynxman wrote:say we accidently kill half the town, we dramtically increase the sins chances of hitting king when he suicide kills at that point.

because, a. we're not killing "half the town", just those independents until we get the sins, b. the list of people who might be the king is fixed since we're not lynching guards so the sin has just as big a chance of hitting the king now as later unless we chit-chat about it.

I'm going to to hold off voting right now, but unless something dramatic comes up, I am mostly sure where it will be going.

moody7277

Postby Entropy » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:07 pm UTC

The fact that there was a night indicates that someone has night powers. Since no one is dead (and since this is sins) it seems most likely to me that someone had an investigation. I wonder what the odds are that the sins are also cops... its a worrying thought, but it might make sense if they are FDA agents.
Entropy

Postby moody7277 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:20 pm UTC

Thank you for ruining my whole evening, Entropy. That is an extremely worrying thought because, if that's the case, we helped limit their investigation list and by now they know which set of four their target is among. As a WIFOM in this area, Brooklyn's complaints day 1 seem like he doesn't know about there being this equalizer.

moody7277

Postby mpolo » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:17 pm UTC

I still don't trust Cnt at all. But an unkillable sin? Does somebody have a super-duper no-fail daykill power? I'd like to see if that took out the Cntrational... But I don't trust brook either. I don't know what to do at this point.
mpolo

Postby Brooklynxman » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:33 am UTC

Unlynchable sin in a game with lynches seems kinda, well, overpowered.

If the sins get an investigation every night, I assume they cant talk to each other, because otherwise they'd be getting 2 investigations a night.

That doesnt seem fair. Again seems overpowered. Possibly they are alone and can investigate. Again, considering the factions claiming narrowed the field, this worries me.

As for unfailable daykill power on Cnt, if cnt is unlynchable, that would be very anti-town. FOS: mpolo

For trying to get people who seem now to be pro-town killed. Seriously. Unlynchable sin? Thats almost as bad as unlynchable scum or unlynchable jester.

Spoiler:
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Entropy » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:07 am UTC

Brooklynxman wrote:Unlynchable sin in a game with lynches seems kinda, well, overpowered.

I agree. Cnt is very unlikely to be a sin at this point, and probably has some kind of posting restriction.

mpolo wrote:I still don't trust Cnt at all. But an unkillable sin? Does somebody have a super-duper no-fail daykill power? I'd like to see if that took out the Cntrational...

Mpolo, do you just want Cnt dead out of morbid curiosity? Because that kind of makes me morbidly curious about you...
Entropy

Postby Kipper » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:17 am UTC

I have an idea!
Vote: Brooklynxman
I have justified this vote before. For the sake of ease I will say it again.
The second we think of an idea which will help the town, he's there trying to say how much it won't work. Working against a very protown idea? Independent? Saying killing an independent = killing half the town?
Yeah, I feel totally justified in this vote right now.
Amy: (11:06:09 PM) ***Amy huggles Kipper
Amy: (11:06:13 PM) Amy: Leave my fishy alone.

[3:05pm] Amy: NO TOUCHING KIPPER
[3:05pm] Amy: MY FISHY!
Kipper

Postby mollusk » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:38 am UTC

Brooklynxman wrote:If the sins get an investigation every night, I assume they cant talk to each other, because otherwise they'd be getting 2 investigations a night.

If they can talk, wouldn't they just get ONE investigation per night, like the NK's in regular mafia?

Brooklynxman wrote:As soon as I learned that the factions knew everyone within their own faction, it seemed to me impossible that it was 3 factions of 4 people and 3 sins, b/c it immediatly becomes a game of process of elimination instead of mafia. lynch lynch lynch game over.

Also it becomes a game of luck for the sins, simply guessing who is the king. Simple analysis shows that that would be a very poor game setup. So I immediatly sensed something was not right.

This post has bugged me for a while now. Brook seems to be saying he knew there must be independents in the game because it makes the game more fair, then goes on to claim independent. Wouldn't his role PM be a bit of a tipoff? I still get a bad vibe from him (nothing personal).

As for Cnt surviving, I don't know what happened. I'd like it if he'd finally join us and let us know what happened. I still think it's possible (though less likely) that he's an assassin. If the franchises have any abilities other than teaming up on lynches, I'm guessing the assassins have abilities to balance it out. Plus, the factions aren't the only ones who want the assassins dead.

Anyway, I'm not really sure what we do next, and I've written too much already. Discuss...
John Hodgman wrote:...while the truth may be stranger than fiction, it is never as strange as lies . . . or as true.
mollusk

Postby Pepsiblue » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:21 am UTC

Vote: Kipper

Getting lots of pings from him, not just for Kipper's reasons.
Pepsiblue

Postby Pepsiblue » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:21 am UTC

EBWOP

lmao...

Pepsiblue

Postby Entropy » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:12 am UTC

Haha, nice Pepsi :wink:

Looking back, it does seem strange that brook was claiming the reason there must be independents was because it would balance the game, rather than that he was one himself. This in theory might have been justified by the fact that claiming independent alone would be less likely to convince the factions that there was unlikely to be a third faction. However, the wording that it was a revelation for him personally when the factions started claiming only makes sense if he is not what he claimed. I think jumping aboard this bandwagon is justified.

Entropy

Postby Pepsiblue » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:28 am UTC

Not just that but

[quote=Brooklynxman]Unlynchable sin in a game with lynches seems kinda, well, overpowered.

If the sins get an investigation every night, I assume they cant talk to each other, because otherwise they'd be getting 2 investigations a night.

That doesnt seem fair. Again seems overpowered. Possibly they are alone and can investigate. Again, considering the factions claiming narrowed the field, this worries me.

As for unfailable daykill power on Cnt, if cnt is unlynchable, that would be very anti-town. FOS: mpolo
.[/quote]

Why is he acting pro-town (town being the evil corporations) when he's an independent? Same goes for mollusk but at least he hints that "the factions aren't the only ones who want the assassins dead." though that makes me suspicious of mollusk for the same reason.

Brook will have to speak up if he wants to convince us he's on our side.
Pepsiblue

Postby Megatriorchis » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:40 am UTC

Vote: Brook
The Humanity for the Undead Coalition: Bringing Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness to the Undead and Other Supernatural Humanoids. Zombies don't eat people; people eat people!
Megatriorchis

Postby SuperTD » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:05 am UTC

I'm pondering whether or not to vote Brook at the moment. Cnt is worrying, the possibility that there could be unlynchable sins is unnerving. However, I do think that this would be too powerful, so I think he is probably an independant. I agree with mollusk, he should come and say something to explain.
nightlina wrote:Damn.. if there was a cannon ball thrown for every time someone was wrong on the internet.. well... I don't think we'd have enough cannon balls!
SuperTD

Postby mpolo » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:11 am UTC

I suppose there was some morbid curiosity about Cnt involved there. I still don't trust him, but I'm willing to hear him out for now.

Brook's changing from "3 factions, 3 sins and no independents" to "Ohoho, silly me, I forgot, I'm an independent! Of course there are independents!" is more than scummy enough for me to place a vote. I didn't trust him much even before I read that line of reasoning...

It occured to me that the sins may have some sort of auto-defense mechanism for protecting one another, but that would almost have to be one-shot, because it would otherwise be extremely overpowered. Perhaps more likely is that the sins don't know each other as per Pepsiblue's reasoning, but each has one protection, which they use if they "think" a sin is about to get it. I don't know how many investigations we should be expecting here. Of course, by now the sins may have a good idea of who they are (at least they know 8 people that they are not).

Anyway, I have to teach a class...

Vote: Brooklynmanx
mpolo

Postby Jar'O'Jam » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:34 am UTC

5 for Brooklynxman, 8 to lynch
Jar'O'Jam

Postby markstonia » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:41 pm UTC

Every seems to be voting broxylman so I'll do it as well
Vote broxylman
markstonia

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia