Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby Snark » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:08 pm UTC

Image
"Better than the movie!" ~Daily Bugle
"10/10 ferrets enjoyed this!" ~Daily Planet
"I hear Canadian Marvel characters are the best!" ~Poor Deadpool's Almanac
"What's a Marvel?" ~some random newspaper outlet in Oklahoma.

THE MAFIA AVENGERS
The long awaited but not really sequel to Marvel Mafia! Now with 66% less Deadpool! Several super-villains have teamed together to form the evil syndicate called M.A.F.I.A.: Mega Antagonistic Feared Infiltrative Alliance. They have successfully infiltrated the Avengers, and plan on unleashing a terrible plot to take over the world! Faced with many unknown threats at the same time, can the Avengers fight their way out? Or will they have to adapt a more modern approach to facing their enemies: Lynching. One things for certain, and that its time to take action. AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!

Game type: Semi-open or open (not fully decided)
Game size: medium (20 players)
Bastardness: some, but not too much.
Twist: Each player may choose part of their ability, out of a choice of 3.
Speed: day = 7 days, night = 3 days.
Flavour: knowing stuff about the avengers helps, but all the roles will be listed, so a quick Google search should give you all the information you need to guess abilities.

Sign-ups:
1. Angua (6 days til the Avengers comes out!!!!!)
2. ahammel (HULK SMASH PUNY SIGN-UP SHEET)
3. JesseScottOwen (Lataro seems scummy to me.)
4. matt96 (I agree with JSO, and taking the last signup slot on the list is scummy behavior, avoiding looking too enthusiastic)
5. Eculc (Witty comment about Lataro being scum)
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18. Snark (is on roband's back for chosing Avengers over HGTTG)
19. roband (because, being on top of Lataro doesn't ever seem like a bad thing)
20. Lataro (Because, why not?)

Replacements:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.

pre-game will begin once sign-ups are complete, and either Politics mafia or werewolf ends.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby wam » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:29 pm UTC

Image
"Better than the movie!" ~Daily Bugle
"10/10 ferrets enjoyed this!" ~Daily Planet
"I hear Canadian Marvel characters are the best!" ~Poor Deadpool's Almanac
"What's a Marvel?" ~some random newspaper outlet in Oklahoma.

THE MAFIA AVENGERS
The long awaited but not really sequel to Marvel Mafia! Now with 66% less Deadpool! Several super-villains have teamed together to form the evil syndicate called M.A.F.I.A.: Mega Antagonistic Feared Infiltrative Alliance. They have successfully infiltrated the Avengers, and plan on unleashing a terrible plot to take over the world! Faced with many unknown threats at the same time, can the Avengers fight their way out? Or will they have to adapt a more modern approach to facing their enemies: Lynching. One things for certain, and that its time to take action. AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!

Game type: Semi-open or open (not fully decided)
Game size: medium (20 players)
Bastardness: some, but not too much.
Twist: Each player may choose part of their ability, out of a choice of 3.
Speed: day = 7 days, night = 3 days.
Flavour: knowing stuff about the avengers helps, but all the roles will be listed, so a quick Google search should give you all the information you need to guess abilities.

Sign-ups:
1. Angua (6 days til the Avengers comes out!!!!!)
2. ahammel (HULK SMASH PUNY SIGN-UP SHEET)
3. JesseScottOwen (Lataro seems scummy to me.)
4. matt96 (I agree with JSO, and taking the last signup slot on the list is scummy behavior, avoiding looking too enthusiastic)
5. Eculc (Witty comment about Lataro being scum)
6.
7.
8.
9.
10. wam (people shoud join so I look less lonely)
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18. Snark (is on roband's back for chosing Avengers over HGTTG)
19. roband (because, being on top of Lataro doesn't ever seem like a bad thing)
20. Lataro (Because, why not?)

Replacements:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.

pre-game will begin once sign-ups are complete, and either Politics mafia or werewolf ends.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby DaBigCheez » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:20 pm UTC

Image
"Better than the movie!" ~Daily Bugle
"10/10 ferrets enjoyed this!" ~Daily Planet
"I hear Canadian Marvel characters are the best!" ~Poor Deadpool's Almanac
"What's a Marvel?" ~some random newspaper outlet in Oklahoma.

THE MAFIA AVENGERS
The long awaited but not really sequel to Marvel Mafia! Now with 66% less Deadpool! Several super-villains have teamed together to form the evil syndicate called M.A.F.I.A.: Mega Antagonistic Feared Infiltrative Alliance. They have successfully infiltrated the Avengers, and plan on unleashing a terrible plot to take over the world! Faced with many unknown threats at the same time, can the Avengers fight their way out? Or will they have to adapt a more modern approach to facing their enemies: Lynching. One things for certain, and that its time to take action. AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!

Game type: Semi-open or open (not fully decided)
Game size: medium (20 players)
Bastardness: some, but not too much.
Twist: Each player may choose part of their ability, out of a choice of 3.
Speed: day = 7 days, night = 3 days.
Flavour: knowing stuff about the avengers helps, but all the roles will be listed, so a quick Google search should give you all the information you need to guess abilities.

Sign-ups:
1. Angua (6 days til the Avengers comes out!!!!!)
2. ahammel (HULK SMASH PUNY SIGN-UP SHEET)
3. JesseScottOwen (Lataro seems scummy to me.)
4. matt96 (I agree with JSO, and taking the last signup slot on the list is scummy behavior, avoiding looking too enthusiastic)
5. Eculc (Witty comment about Lataro being scum)
6.
7.
8.
9.
10. wam (people shoud join so I look less lonely)
11.
12.
13. DaBigCheez (loyal only to the American Dream)
14.
15.
16.
17.
18. Snark (is on roband's back for chosing Avengers over HGTTG)
19. roband (because, being on top of Lataro doesn't ever seem like a bad thing)
20. Lataro (Because, why not?)

Replacements:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.

pre-game will begin once sign-ups are complete, and either Politics mafia or werewolf ends.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
t1mm01994
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 pm UTC
Location: San Francisco.. Wait up, I'll tell you some tales!

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby t1mm01994 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:39 pm UTC

wam wrote:Image
"Better than the movie!" ~Daily Bugle
"10/10 ferrets enjoyed this!" ~Daily Planet
"I hear Canadian Marvel characters are the best!" ~Poor Deadpool's Almanac
"What's a Marvel?" ~some random newspaper outlet in Oklahoma.

THE MAFIA AVENGERS
The long awaited but not really sequel to Marvel Mafia! Now with 66% less Deadpool! Several super-villains have teamed together to form the evil syndicate called M.A.F.I.A.: Mega Antagonistic Feared Infiltrative Alliance. They have successfully infiltrated the Avengers, and plan on unleashing a terrible plot to take over the world! Faced with many unknown threats at the same time, can the Avengers fight their way out? Or will they have to adapt a more modern approach to facing their enemies: Lynching. One things for certain, and that its time to take action. AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!

Game type: Semi-open or open (not fully decided)
Game size: medium (20 players)
Bastardness: some, but not too much.
Twist: Each player may choose part of their ability, out of a choice of 3.
Speed: day = 7 days, night = 3 days.
Flavour: knowing stuff about the avengers helps, but all the roles will be listed, so a quick Google search should give you all the information you need to guess abilities.

Sign-ups:
1. Angua (6 days til the Avengers comes out!!!!!)
2. ahammel (HULK SMASH PUNY SIGN-UP SHEET)
3. JesseScottOwen (Lataro seems scummy to me.)
4. matt96 (I agree with JSO, and taking the last signup slot on the list is scummy behavior, avoiding looking too enthusiastic)
5. Eculc (Witty comment about Lataro being scum)
6. Tim (Sigh, more movies to watch)
7.
8.
9.
10. wam (people shoud join so I look less lonely)
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18. Snark (is on roband's back for chosing Avengers over HGTTG)
19. roband (because, being on top of Lataro doesn't ever seem like a bad thing)
20. Lataro (Because, why not?)

Replacements:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.

pre-game will begin once sign-ups are complete, and either Politics mafia or werewolf ends.

User avatar
t1mm01994
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 pm UTC
Location: San Francisco.. Wait up, I'll tell you some tales!

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby t1mm01994 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:40 pm UTC

JesseScottOwen wrote:The Hitchhiker's Guide to Mafia
Image
The Earth's been demolished, but that's old news. Life-forms everywhere have somehow managed to get along without the altogether "Mostly Harmless" planet. However, trouble is brewing elsewhere in the universe, and all the usual suspects have joined together to sort it out.
Grab your Guide and your towel and get ready for something infinitely improbable.

Mod: Snark
Co-mod: PM if you'd like to co-mod. Mostly looking for someone who can help me ensure that the game is balanced. Don't feel obliged to co-mod if you'd rather play the game.
Setup: Closed
Bastardry: Little to none
Flavor knowledge: Is not required
Speed: Turbo with division of days and nights dependent on number of sign-ups.
Size: The more the merrier. All are welcome. Will run with as many as sign up by 4/24/12.
Timeline: Signups til 4/24/12. Game will start on or before 4/27/12.

Players (No limit):
1. ahammel (a frood who really knows where his towel is)
2. Eculc (Towel Ready!)
3. matt96 (
Spoiler:
WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE
)
4. careyhammer (loves Vogon poetry)
5.
6. Tim (Sigh.. More books to read)
7. JesseScottOwen (I think I'm a sofa.)
8.
9.
10.
...
42. mpolo

Replacements:
1. wam (Im a bit busy with other games but this looks interesting)
2.
3.
...

Fixed formatting and sign-up numbers. :)

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby mpolo » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:35 pm UTC

Image
"Better than the movie!" ~Daily Bugle
"10/10 ferrets enjoyed this!" ~Daily Planet
"I hear Canadian Marvel characters are the best!" ~Poor Deadpool's Almanac
"What's a Marvel?" ~some random newspaper outlet in Oklahoma.

THE MAFIA AVENGERS
The long awaited but not really sequel to Marvel Mafia! Now with 66% less Deadpool! Several super-villains have teamed together to form the evil syndicate called M.A.F.I.A.: Mega Antagonistic Feared Infiltrative Alliance. They have successfully infiltrated the Avengers, and plan on unleashing a terrible plot to take over the world! Faced with many unknown threats at the same time, can the Avengers fight their way out? Or will they have to adapt a more modern approach to facing their enemies: Lynching. One things for certain, and that its time to take action. AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!

Game type: Semi-open or open (not fully decided)
Game size: medium (20 players)
Bastardness: some, but not too much.
Twist: Each player may choose part of their ability, out of a choice of 3.
Speed: day = 7 days, night = 3 days.
Flavour: knowing stuff about the avengers helps, but all the roles will be listed, so a quick Google search should give you all the information you need to guess abilities.

Sign-ups:
1. Angua (6 days til the Avengers comes out!!!!!)
2. ahammel (HULK SMASH PUNY SIGN-UP SHEET)
3. JesseScottOwen (Lataro seems scummy to me.)
4. matt96 (I agree with JSO, and taking the last signup slot on the list is scummy behavior, avoiding looking too enthusiastic)
5. Eculc (Witty comment about Lataro being scum)
6. Tim (Sigh, more movies to watch)
7. mpolo (I hope my computer is working by the time this starts -- I hate using a Windows laptop I can't customize because it's not "mine")
8.
9.
10. wam (people shoud join so I look less lonely)
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18. Snark (is on roband's back for chosing Avengers over HGTTG)
19. roband (because, being on top of Lataro doesn't ever seem like a bad thing)
20. Lataro (Because, why not?)

Replacements:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.

pre-game will begin once sign-ups are complete, and either Politics mafia or werewolf ends.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby DaBigCheez » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:41 pm UTC

Image
"Better than the movie!" ~Daily Bugle
"10/10 ferrets enjoyed this!" ~Daily Planet
"I hear Canadian Marvel characters are the best!" ~Poor Deadpool's Almanac
"What's a Marvel?" ~some random newspaper outlet in Oklahoma.

THE MAFIA AVENGERS
The long awaited but not really sequel to Marvel Mafia! Now with 66% less Deadpool! Several super-villains have teamed together to form the evil syndicate called M.A.F.I.A.: Mega Antagonistic Feared Infiltrative Alliance. They have successfully infiltrated the Avengers, and plan on unleashing a terrible plot to take over the world! Faced with many unknown threats at the same time, can the Avengers fight their way out? Or will they have to adapt a more modern approach to facing their enemies: Lynching. One things for certain, and that its time to take action. AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!

Game type: Semi-open or open (not fully decided)
Game size: medium (20 players)
Bastardness: some, but not too much.
Twist: Each player may choose part of their ability, out of a choice of 3.
Speed: day = 7 days, night = 3 days.
Flavour: knowing stuff about the avengers helps, but all the roles will be listed, so a quick Google search should give you all the information you need to guess abilities.

Sign-ups:
1. Angua (6 days til the Avengers comes out!!!!!)
2. ahammel (HULK SMASH PUNY SIGN-UP SHEET)
3. JesseScottOwen (Lataro seems scummy to me.)
4. matt96 (I agree with JSO, and taking the last signup slot on the list is scummy behavior, avoiding looking too enthusiastic)
5. Eculc (Witty comment about Lataro being scum)
6. Tim (Sigh, more movies to watch)
7. mpolo (I hope my computer is working by the time this starts -- I hate using a Windows laptop I can't customize because it's not "mine")
8.
9.
10. wam (people shoud join so I look less lonely)
11.
12.
13. DaBigCheez (loyal only to the American Dream) (Y U NO KEEP MY SIGNUP HERE, FUTURE POSTERS)
14.
15.
16.
17.
18. Snark (is on roband's back for chosing Avengers over HGTTG)
19. roband (because, being on top of Lataro doesn't ever seem like a bad thing)
20. Lataro (Because, why not?)

Replacements:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.

pre-game will begin once sign-ups are complete, and either Politics mafia or werewolf ends.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

Servant-of_Christ
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:55 pm UTC

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby Servant-of_Christ » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:32 am UTC

t1mm01994 wrote:
wam wrote:Image
"Better than the movie!" ~Daily Bugle
"10/10 ferrets enjoyed this!" ~Daily Planet
"I hear Canadian Marvel characters are the best!" ~Poor Deadpool's Almanac
"What's a Marvel?" ~some random newspaper outlet in Oklahoma.

THE MAFIA AVENGERS
The long awaited but not really sequel to Marvel Mafia! Now with 66% less Deadpool! Several super-villains have teamed together to form the evil syndicate called M.A.F.I.A.: Mega Antagonistic Feared Infiltrative Alliance. They have successfully infiltrated the Avengers, and plan on unleashing a terrible plot to take over the world! Faced with many unknown threats at the same time, can the Avengers fight their way out? Or will they have to adapt a more modern approach to facing their enemies: Lynching. One things for certain, and that its time to take action. AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!

Game type: Semi-open or open (not fully decided)
Game size: medium (20 players)
Bastardness: some, but not too much.
Twist: Each player may choose part of their ability, out of a choice of 3.
Speed: day = 7 days, night = 3 days.
Flavour: knowing stuff about the avengers helps, but all the roles will be listed, so a quick Google search should give you all the information you need to guess abilities.

Sign-ups:
1. Angua (6 days til the Avengers comes out!!!!!)
2. ahammel (HULK SMASH PUNY SIGN-UP SHEET)
3. JesseScottOwen (Lataro seems scummy to me.)
4. matt96 (I agree with JSO, and taking the last signup slot on the list is scummy behavior, avoiding looking too enthusiastic)
5. Eculc (Witty comment about Lataro being scum)
6. Tim (Sigh, more movies to watch)
7. Servant-of_Christ(played before, but new to playing in a forum)
8.
9.
10. wam (people shoud join so I look less lonely)
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18. Snark (is on roband's back for chosing Avengers over HGTTG)
19. roband (because, being on top of Lataro doesn't ever seem like a bad thing)
20. Lataro (Because, why not?)

Replacements:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.

pre-game will begin once sign-ups are complete, and either Politics mafia or werewolf ends.

User avatar
Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.
Posts: 2041
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:18 am UTC

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby Deva » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:51 am UTC

Image
"Better than the movie!" ~Daily Bugle
"10/10 ferrets enjoyed this!" ~Daily Planet
"I hear Canadian Marvel characters are the best!" ~Poor Deadpool's Almanac
"What's a Marvel?" ~some random newspaper outlet in Oklahoma.

THE MAFIA AVENGERS
The long awaited but not really sequel to Marvel Mafia! Now with 66% less Deadpool! Several super-villains have teamed together to form the evil syndicate called M.A.F.I.A.: Mega Antagonistic Feared Infiltrative Alliance. They have successfully infiltrated the Avengers, and plan on unleashing a terrible plot to take over the world! Faced with many unknown threats at the same time, can the Avengers fight their way out? Or will they have to adapt a more modern approach to facing their enemies: Lynching. One things for certain, and that its time to take action. AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!

Game type: Semi-open or open (not fully decided)
Game size: medium (20 players)
Bastardness: some, but not too much.
Twist: Each player may choose part of their ability, out of a choice of 3.
Speed: day = 7 days, night = 3 days.
Flavour: knowing stuff about the avengers helps, but all the roles will be listed, so a quick Google search should give you all the information you need to guess abilities.

Sign-ups:
1. Angua (6 days til the Avengers comes out!!!!!)
2. ahammel (HULK SMASH PUNY SIGN-UP SHEET)
3. JesseScottOwen (Lataro seems scummy to me.)
4. matt96 (I agree with JSO, and taking the last signup slot on the list is scummy behavior, avoiding looking too enthusiastic)
5. Eculc (Witty comment about Lataro being scum)
6. Tim (Sigh, more movies to watch)
7. mpolo (I hope my computer is working by the time this starts -- I hate using a Windows laptop I can't customize because it's not "mine")
8. Servant-of_Christ(played before, but new to playing in a forum)
9.
10. wam (people shoud join so I look less lonely)
11.
12.
13. DaBigCheez (loyal only to the American Dream) (Y U NO KEEP MY SIGNUP HERE, FUTURE POSTERS)
14.
15.
16.
17.
18. Snark (is on roband's back for chosing Avengers over HGTTG)
19. roband (because, being on top of Lataro doesn't ever seem like a bad thing)
20. Lataro (Because, why not?)

Replacements:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.

pre-game will begin once sign-ups are complete, and either Politics mafia or werewolf ends.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

User avatar
Woopate
Scrapple
Posts: 503
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:34 am UTC

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby Woopate » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:38 am UTC

Image
"Better than the movie!" ~Daily Bugle
"10/10 ferrets enjoyed this!" ~Daily Planet
"I hear Canadian Marvel characters are the best!" ~Poor Deadpool's Almanac
"What's a Marvel?" ~some random newspaper outlet in Oklahoma.

THE MAFIA AVENGERS
The long awaited but not really sequel to Marvel Mafia! Now with 66% less Deadpool! Several super-villains have teamed together to form the evil syndicate called M.A.F.I.A.: Mega Antagonistic Feared Infiltrative Alliance. They have successfully infiltrated the Avengers, and plan on unleashing a terrible plot to take over the world! Faced with many unknown threats at the same time, can the Avengers fight their way out? Or will they have to adapt a more modern approach to facing their enemies: Lynching. One things for certain, and that its time to take action. AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!

Game type: Semi-open or open (not fully decided)
Game size: medium (20 players)
Bastardness: some, but not too much.
Twist: Each player may choose part of their ability, out of a choice of 3.
Speed: day = 7 days, night = 3 days.
Flavour: knowing stuff about the avengers helps, but all the roles will be listed, so a quick Google search should give you all the information you need to guess abilities.

Sign-ups:
1. Angua (6 days til the Avengers comes out!!!!!)
2. ahammel (HULK SMASH PUNY SIGN-UP SHEET)
3. JesseScottOwen (Lataro seems scummy to me.)
4. matt96 (I agree with JSO, and taking the last signup slot on the list is scummy behavior, avoiding looking too enthusiastic)
5. Eculc (Witty comment about Lataro being scum)
6. Tim (Sigh, more movies to watch)
7. mpolo (I hope my computer is working by the time this starts -- I hate using a Windows laptop I can't customize because it's not "mine")
8. Servant-of_Christ(played before, but new to playing in a forum)
9.
10. wam (people shoud join so I look less lonely)
11.
12. Woopate (I'm batman)
13. DaBigCheez (loyal only to the American Dream) (Y U NO KEEP MY SIGNUP HERE, FUTURE POSTERS)
14.
15.
16.
17.
18. Snark (is on roband's back for chosing Avengers over HGTTG)
19. roband (because, being on top of Lataro doesn't ever seem like a bad thing)
20. Lataro (Because, why not?)

Replacements:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.

pre-game will begin once sign-ups are complete, and either Politics mafia or werewolf ends.

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby Snark » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:18 pm UTC

The Hitchhiker's Guide to Mafia
Image
The Earth's been demolished, but that's old news. Life-forms everywhere have somehow managed to get along without the altogether "Mostly Harmless" planet. However, trouble is brewing elsewhere in the universe, and all the usual suspects have joined together to sort it out.
Grab your Guide and your towel and get ready for something infinitely improbable.

Mod: Snark
Co-mod: PM if you'd like to co-mod. Mostly looking for someone who can help me ensure that the game is balanced. Don't feel obliged to co-mod if you'd rather play the game.
Setup: Closed
Bastardry: Little to none
Flavor knowledge: Is not required
Speed: Turbo with division of days and nights dependent on number of sign-ups.
Size: The more the merrier. All are welcome. Will run with as many as sign up by 4/24/12.
Timeline: Signups til 4/24/12. Game will start on or before 4/27/12.

Players (No limit):
1. ahammel (a frood who really knows where his towel is)
2. Eculc (Towel Ready!)
3. matt96 (
Spoiler:
WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE
)
4. careyhammer (loves Vogon poetry)
5.
6. Tim (Sigh.. More books to read)
7. JesseScottOwen (I think I'm a sofa.)
8.
9.
10.
...
42. mpolo

Replacements:
1. wam (Im a bit busy with other games but this looks interesting)
2.
3.
...

Sign-ups open for ~3 more days.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
greenlover
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:56 am UTC

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby greenlover » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:00 pm UTC

Image
"Better than the movie!" ~Daily Bugle
"10/10 ferrets enjoyed this!" ~Daily Planet
"I hear Canadian Marvel characters are the best!" ~Poor Deadpool's Almanac
"What's a Marvel?" ~some random newspaper outlet in Oklahoma.

THE MAFIA AVENGERS
The long awaited but not really sequel to Marvel Mafia! Now with 66% less Deadpool! Several super-villains have teamed together to form the evil syndicate called M.A.F.I.A.: Mega Antagonistic Feared Infiltrative Alliance. They have successfully infiltrated the Avengers, and plan on unleashing a terrible plot to take over the world! Faced with many unknown threats at the same time, can the Avengers fight their way out? Or will they have to adapt a more modern approach to facing their enemies: Lynching. One things for certain, and that its time to take action. AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!

Game type: Semi-open or open (not fully decided)
Game size: medium (20 players)
Bastardness: some, but not too much.
Twist: Each player may choose part of their ability, out of a choice of 3.
Speed: day = 7 days, night = 3 days.
Flavour: knowing stuff about the avengers helps, but all the roles will be listed, so a quick Google search should give you all the information you need to guess abilities.

Sign-ups:
1. Angua (6 days til the Avengers comes out!!!!!)
2. ahammel (HULK SMASH PUNY SIGN-UP SHEET)
3. JesseScottOwen (Lataro seems scummy to me.)
4. matt96 (I agree with JSO, and taking the last signup slot on the list is scummy behavior, avoiding looking too enthusiastic)
5. Eculc (Witty comment about Lataro being scum)
6. Tim (Sigh, more movies to watch)
7. mpolo (I hope my computer is working by the time this starts -- I hate using a Windows laptop I can't customize because it's not "mine")
8. Servant-of_Christ(played before, but new to playing in a forum)
9. greenlover (why not?)
10. wam (people shoud join so I look less lonely)
11.
12. Woopate (I'm batman)
13. DaBigCheez (loyal only to the American Dream) (Y U NO KEEP MY SIGNUP HERE, FUTURE POSTERS)
14.
15.
16.
17.
18. Snark (is on roband's back for chosing Avengers over HGTTG)
19. roband (because, being on top of Lataro doesn't ever seem like a bad thing)
20. Lataro (Because, why not?)

Replacements:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.

pre-game will begin once sign-ups are complete, and either Politics mafia or werewolf ends.

User avatar
ahammel
My Little Cabbage
Posts: 2135
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:46 am UTC
Location: Vancouver BC
Contact:

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby ahammel » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:20 pm UTC

Deva, you seem to have forgotten to add your name to the list for Avengers.
He/Him/His/Alex
God damn these electric sex pants!

User avatar
Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.
Posts: 2041
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:18 am UTC

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby Deva » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:33 pm UTC

Committed no errors.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

User avatar
ahammel
My Little Cabbage
Posts: 2135
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:46 am UTC
Location: Vancouver BC
Contact:

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby ahammel » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:37 pm UTC

I see; my apologies.
He/Him/His/Alex
God damn these electric sex pants!

CaptainFinglass
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:43 am UTC
Location: Canada ~*P

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby CaptainFinglass » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:43 pm UTC

Image
"Better than the movie!" ~Daily Bugle
"10/10 ferrets enjoyed this!" ~Daily Planet
"I hear Canadian Marvel characters are the best!" ~Poor Deadpool's Almanac
"What's a Marvel?" ~some random newspaper outlet in Oklahoma.

THE MAFIA AVENGERS
The long awaited but not really sequel to Marvel Mafia! Now with 66% less Deadpool! Several super-villains have teamed together to form the evil syndicate called M.A.F.I.A.: Mega Antagonistic Feared Infiltrative Alliance. They have successfully infiltrated the Avengers, and plan on unleashing a terrible plot to take over the world! Faced with many unknown threats at the same time, can the Avengers fight their way out? Or will they have to adapt a more modern approach to facing their enemies: Lynching. One things for certain, and that its time to take action. AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!

Game type: Semi-open or open (not fully decided)
Game size: medium (20 players)
Bastardness: some, but not too much.
Twist: Each player may choose part of their ability, out of a choice of 3.
Speed: day = 7 days, night = 3 days.
Flavour: knowing stuff about the avengers helps, but all the roles will be listed, so a quick Google search should give you all the information you need to guess abilities.

Sign-ups:
1. Angua (6 days til the Avengers comes out!!!!!)
2. ahammel (HULK SMASH PUNY SIGN-UP SHEET)
3. JesseScottOwen (Lataro seems scummy to me.)
4. matt96 (I agree with JSO, and taking the last signup slot on the list is scummy behavior, avoiding looking too enthusiastic)
5. Eculc (Witty comment about Lataro being scum)
6. Tim (Sigh, more movies to watch)
7. mpolo (I hope my computer is working by the time this starts -- I hate using a Windows laptop I can't customize because it's not "mine")
8. Servant-of_Christ(played before, but new to playing in a forum)
9. greenlover (why not?)
10. wam (people shoud join so I look less lonely)
11. CaptainFinglass (Because I feel like more of a comic book nerd now)
12. Woopate (I'm batman)
13. DaBigCheez (loyal only to the American Dream) (Y U NO KEEP MY SIGNUP HERE, FUTURE POSTERS)
14.
15.
16.
17.
18. Snark (is on roband's back for chosing Avengers over HGTTG)
19. roband (because, being on top of Lataro doesn't ever seem like a bad thing)
20. Lataro (Because, why not?)

Replacements:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.

pre-game will begin once sign-ups are complete, and either Politics mafia or werewolf ends.
Allons-y!

User avatar
KrO2
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:35 pm UTC

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby KrO2 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:00 pm UTC

The Hitchhiker's Guide to Mafia
Image
The Earth's been demolished, but that's old news. Life-forms everywhere have somehow managed to get along without the altogether "Mostly Harmless" planet. However, trouble is brewing elsewhere in the universe, and all the usual suspects have joined together to sort it out.
Grab your Guide and your towel and get ready for something infinitely improbable.

Mod: Snark
Co-mod: PM if you'd like to co-mod. Mostly looking for someone who can help me ensure that the game is balanced. Don't feel obliged to co-mod if you'd rather play the game.
Setup: Closed
Bastardry: Little to none
Flavor knowledge: Is not required
Speed: Turbo with division of days and nights dependent on number of sign-ups.
Size: The more the merrier. All are welcome. Will run with as many as sign up by 4/24/12.
Timeline: Signups til 4/24/12. Game will start on or before 4/27/12.

Players (No limit):
1. ahammel (a frood who really knows where his towel is)
2. Eculc (Towel Ready!)
3. matt96 (
Spoiler:
WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE
)
4. careyhammer (loves Vogon poetry)
5. KrO2 (I told myself I'd stick to one game at a time, but I can't not play HHGG mafia.)
6. Tim (Sigh.. More books to read)
7. JesseScottOwen (I think I'm a sofa.)
8.
9.
10.
...
42. mpolo

Replacements:
1. wam (Im a bit busy with other games but this looks interesting)
2.
3.
...

Sign-ups open for ~3 more days.

User avatar
Vieto
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:44 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby Vieto » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:56 pm UTC

I should mention, Sign-ups for Mafia Avengers will be open for 1 more day (so, 24-30 hours). I just need 4 more sign-ups, but if I don't make it to 20, I can still play (although I'll have to make role cuts... :( )





The Hitchhiker's Guide to Mafia
Image
The Earth's been demolished, but that's old news. Life-forms everywhere have somehow managed to get along without the altogether "Mostly Harmless" planet. However, trouble is brewing elsewhere in the universe, and all the usual suspects have joined together to sort it out.
Grab your Guide and your towel and get ready for something infinitely improbable.

Mod: Snark
Co-mod: PM if you'd like to co-mod. Mostly looking for someone who can help me ensure that the game is balanced. Don't feel obliged to co-mod if you'd rather play the game.
Setup: Closed
Bastardry: Little to none
Flavor knowledge: Is not required
Speed: Turbo with division of days and nights dependent on number of sign-ups.
Size: The more the merrier. All are welcome. Will run with as many as sign up by 4/24/12.
Timeline: Signups til 4/24/12. Game will start on or before 4/27/12.

Players (No limit):
1. ahammel (a frood who really knows where his towel is)
2. Eculc (Towel Ready!)
3. matt96 (
Spoiler:
)
4. careyhammer (loves Vogon poetry)
5. KrO2 (I told myself I'd stick to one game at a time, but I can't not play HHGG mafia.)
6. Tim (Sigh.. More books to read)
7. JesseScottOwen (I think I'm a sofa.)
8. Vieto (We apologize for the inconvenience...)
9.
10.
...
42. mpolo

Replacements:
1. wam (Im a bit busy with other games but this looks interesting)
2.
3.
...

Sign-ups open for ~3 more days.

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby Snark » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:18 am UTC

The Hitchhiker's Guide to Mafia
Image
The Earth's been demolished, but that's old news. Life-forms everywhere have somehow managed to get along without the altogether "Mostly Harmless" planet. However, trouble is brewing elsewhere in the universe, and all the usual suspects have joined together to sort it out.
Grab your Guide and your towel and get ready for something infinitely improbable.

Mod: Snark
Co-mod: Adam H
Setup: Closed
Bastardry: Little to none
Flavor knowledge: Is not required
Speed: Turbo with division of days and nights dependent on number of sign-ups.
Size: The more the merrier. All are welcome. Will run with as many as sign up by 4/24/12.
Timeline: Signups til 4/24/12. Game will start on or before 4/27/12.

Players (No limit):
1. ahammel (a frood who really knows where his towel is)
2. Eculc (Towel Ready!)
3. matt96 (
Spoiler:
WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE
)
4. careyhammer (loves Vogon poetry)
5. KrO2 (I told myself I'd stick to one game at a time, but I can't not play HHGG mafia.)
6. Tim (Sigh.. More books to read)
7. JesseScottOwen (I think I'm a sofa.)
8. Vieto (We apologize for the inconvenience...)
9.
10.
...
42. mpolo

Replacements:
1. wam (Im a bit busy with other games but this looks interesting)
2.
3.
...

Sign-ups open for ~2 more days.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby Snark » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:25 am UTC

Vieto wrote:I should mention, Sign-ups for Mafia Avengers will be open for 1 more day (so, 24-30 hours). I just need 4 more sign-ups, but if I don't make it to 20, I can still play (although I'll have to make role cuts... :( )


Unvote: Role cuts
Vote: More signups
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

trineroks
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:42 am UTC

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby trineroks » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:13 am UTC

Image
"Better than the movie!" ~Daily Bugle
"10/10 ferrets enjoyed this!" ~Daily Planet
"I hear Canadian Marvel characters are the best!" ~Poor Deadpool's Almanac
"What's a Marvel?" ~some random newspaper outlet in Oklahoma.

THE MAFIA AVENGERS
The long awaited but not really sequel to Marvel Mafia! Now with 66% less Deadpool! Several super-villains have teamed together to form the evil syndicate called M.A.F.I.A.: Mega Antagonistic Feared Infiltrative Alliance. They have successfully infiltrated the Avengers, and plan on unleashing a terrible plot to take over the world! Faced with many unknown threats at the same time, can the Avengers fight their way out? Or will they have to adapt a more modern approach to facing their enemies: Lynching. One things for certain, and that its time to take action. AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!

Game type: Semi-open or open (not fully decided)
Game size: medium (20 players)
Bastardness: some, but not too much.
Twist: Each player may choose part of their ability, out of a choice of 3.
Speed: day = 7 days, night = 3 days.
Flavour: knowing stuff about the avengers helps, but all the roles will be listed, so a quick Google search should give you all the information you need to guess abilities.

Sign-ups:
1. Angua (6 days til the Avengers comes out!!!!!)
2. ahammel (HULK SMASH PUNY SIGN-UP SHEET)
3. JesseScottOwen (Lataro seems scummy to me.)
4. matt96 (I agree with JSO, and taking the last signup slot on the list is scummy behavior, avoiding looking too enthusiastic)
5. Eculc (Witty comment about Lataro being scum)
6. Tim (Sigh, more movies to watch)
7. mpolo (I hope my computer is working by the time this starts -- I hate using a Windows laptop I can't customize because it's not "mine")
8. Servant-of_Christ(played before, but new to playing in a forum)
9. greenlover (why not?)
10. wam (people shoud join so I look less lonely)
11. CaptainFinglass (Because I feel like more of a comic book nerd now)
12. Woopate (I'm batman)
13. DaBigCheez (loyal only to the American Dream) (Y U NO KEEP MY SIGNUP HERE, FUTURE POSTERS)
14. trineroks (yay)
15.
16.
17.
18. Snark (is on roband's back for chosing Avengers over HGTTG)
19. roband (because, being on top of Lataro doesn't ever seem like a bad thing)
20. Lataro (Because, why not?)

Replacements:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.

pre-game will begin once sign-ups are complete, and either Politics mafia or werewolf ends.

User avatar
webby
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:02 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby webby » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:15 am UTC

The Hitchhiker's Guide to Mafia
Image
The Earth's been demolished, but that's old news. Life-forms everywhere have somehow managed to get along without the altogether "Mostly Harmless" planet. However, trouble is brewing elsewhere in the universe, and all the usual suspects have joined together to sort it out.
Grab your Guide and your towel and get ready for something infinitely improbable.

Mod: Snark
Co-mod: Adam H
Setup: Closed
Bastardry: Little to none
Flavor knowledge: Is not required
Speed: Turbo with division of days and nights dependent on number of sign-ups.
Size: The more the merrier. All are welcome. Will run with as many as sign up by 4/24/12.
Timeline: Signups til 4/24/12. Game will start on or before 4/27/12.

Players (No limit):
1. ahammel (a frood who really knows where his towel is)
2. Eculc (Towel Ready!)
3. matt96 (
Spoiler:
WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE
)
4. careyhammer (loves Vogon poetry)
5. KrO2 (I told myself I'd stick to one game at a time, but I can't not play HHGG mafia.)
6. Tim (Sigh.. More books to read)
7. JesseScottOwen (I think I'm a sofa.)
8. Vieto (We apologize for the inconvenience...)
9. webby (Feels unpleasantly like being drunk)
10.
...
42. mpolo

Replacements:
1. wam (Im a bit busy with other games but this looks interesting)
2.
3.
...

Sign-ups open for ~2 more days.

User avatar
cjquines
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:30 am UTC

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby cjquines » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:15 am UTC

The Hitchhiker's Guide to Mafia
Image
The Earth's been demolished, but that's old news. Life-forms everywhere have somehow managed to get along without the altogether "Mostly Harmless" planet. However, trouble is brewing elsewhere in the universe, and all the usual suspects have joined together to sort it out.
Grab your Guide and your towel and get ready for something infinitely improbable.

Mod: Snark
Co-mod: Adam H
Setup: Closed
Bastardry: Little to none
Flavor knowledge: Is not required
Speed: Turbo with division of days and nights dependent on number of sign-ups.
Size: The more the merrier. All are welcome. Will run with as many as sign up by 4/24/12.
Timeline: Signups til 4/24/12. Game will start on or before 4/27/12.

Players (No limit):
1. ahammel (a frood who really knows where his towel is)
2. Eculc (Towel Ready!)
3. matt96 (
Spoiler:
WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE
)
4. careyhammer (loves Vogon poetry)
5. KrO2 (I told myself I'd stick to one game at a time, but I can't not play HHGG mafia.)
6. Tim (Sigh.. More books to read)
7. JesseScottOwen (I think I'm a sofa.)
8. Vieto (We apologize for the inconvenience...)
9. webby (Feels unpleasantly like being drunk)
10. cjquines (total newbie, please help...)
...
42. mpolo

Replacements:
1. wam (Im a bit busy with other games but this looks interesting)
2.
3.
...

Sign-ups open for ~2 more days.

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby Snark » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:35 am UTC

The Hitchhiker's Guide to Mafia
Image
The Earth's been demolished, but that's old news. Life-forms everywhere have somehow managed to get along without the altogether "Mostly Harmless" planet. However, trouble is brewing elsewhere in the universe, and all the usual suspects have joined together to sort it out.
Grab your Guide and your towel and get ready for something infinitely improbable.

Mod: Snark
Co-mod: Adam H
Setup: Closed
Bastardry: Little to none
Flavor knowledge: Is not required
Speed: Turbo with division of days and nights dependent on number of sign-ups.
Size: The more the merrier. All are welcome. Will run with as many as sign up by 4/24/12.
Timeline: Signups til 4/24/12. Game will start on or before 4/27/12.

Players (No limit):
1. ahammel (a frood who really knows where his towel is)
2. Eculc (Towel Ready!)
3. matt96 (
Spoiler:
WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE
)
4. careyhammer (loves Vogon poetry)
5. KrO2 (I told myself I'd stick to one game at a time, but I can't not play HHGG mafia.)
6. Tim (Sigh.. More books to read)
7. JesseScottOwen (I think I'm a sofa.)
8. Vieto (We apologize for the inconvenience...)
9. webby (Feels unpleasantly like being drunk)
10. cjquines (total newbie, please help...)
11.
12.
13.
14.
...
42. mpolo

Replacements:
1. wam (Im a bit busy with other games but this looks interesting)
2.
3.
...

Sign-ups open for ~1 more day.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby wam » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:43 am UTC

The Hitchhiker's Guide to Mafia
Image
The Earth's been demolished, but that's old news. Life-forms everywhere have somehow managed to get along without the altogether "Mostly Harmless" planet. However, trouble is brewing elsewhere in the universe, and all the usual suspects have joined together to sort it out.
Grab your Guide and your towel and get ready for something infinitely improbable.

Mod: Snark
Co-mod: Adam H
Setup: Closed
Bastardry: Little to none
Flavor knowledge: Is not required
Speed: Turbo with division of days and nights dependent on number of sign-ups.
Size: The more the merrier. All are welcome. Will run with as many as sign up by 4/24/12.
Timeline: Signups til 4/24/12. Game will start on or before 4/27/12.

Players (No limit):
1. ahammel (a frood who really knows where his towel is)
2. Eculc (Towel Ready!)
3. matt96 (
Spoiler:
WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE
)
4. careyhammer (loves Vogon poetry)
5. KrO2 (I told myself I'd stick to one game at a time, but I can't not play HHGG mafia.)
6. Tim (Sigh.. More books to read)
7. JesseScottOwen (I think I'm a sofa.)
8. Vieto (We apologize for the inconvenience...)
9. webby (Feels unpleasantly like being drunk)
10. cjquines (total newbie, please help...)
11. wam (life is now a bit quieter so Im in)
12.
13.
14.
...
42. mpolo

Replacements:
1.
2.
3.
...

Sign-ups open for ~1 more day.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby Adam H » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:27 pm UTC

Image
"Better than the movie!" ~Daily Bugle
"10/10 ferrets enjoyed this!" ~Daily Planet
"I hear Canadian Marvel characters are the best!" ~Poor Deadpool's Almanac
"What's a Marvel?" ~some random newspaper outlet in Oklahoma.

THE MAFIA AVENGERS
The long awaited but not really sequel to Marvel Mafia! Now with 66% less Deadpool! Several super-villains have teamed together to form the evil syndicate called M.A.F.I.A.: Mega Antagonistic Feared Infiltrative Alliance. They have successfully infiltrated the Avengers, and plan on unleashing a terrible plot to take over the world! Faced with many unknown threats at the same time, can the Avengers fight their way out? Or will they have to adapt a more modern approach to facing their enemies: Lynching. One things for certain, and that its time to take action. AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!

Game type: Semi-open or open (not fully decided)
Game size: medium (20 players)
Bastardness: some, but not too much.
Twist: Each player may choose part of their ability, out of a choice of 3.
Speed: day = 7 days, night = 3 days.
Flavour: knowing stuff about the avengers helps, but all the roles will be listed, so a quick Google search should give you all the information you need to guess abilities.

Sign-ups:
1. Angua (6 days til the Avengers comes out!!!!!)
2. ahammel (HULK SMASH PUNY SIGN-UP SHEET)
3. JesseScottOwen (Lataro seems scummy to me.)
4. matt96 (I agree with JSO, and taking the last signup slot on the list is scummy behavior, avoiding looking too enthusiastic)
5. Eculc (Witty comment about Lataro being scum)
6. Tim (Sigh, more movies to watch)
7. mpolo (I hope my computer is working by the time this starts -- I hate using a Windows laptop I can't customize because it's not "mine")
8. Servant-of_Christ(played before, but new to playing in a forum)
9. greenlover (why not?)
10. wam (people shoud join so I look less lonely)
11. CaptainFinglass (Because I feel like more of a comic book nerd now)
12. Woopate (I'm batman)
13. DaBigCheez (loyal only to the American Dream) (Y U NO KEEP MY SIGNUP HERE, FUTURE POSTERS)
14. trineroks (yay)
15. Adam H
16.
17.
18. Snark (is on roband's back for chosing Avengers over HGTTG)
19. roband (because, being on top of Lataro doesn't ever seem like a bad thing)
20. Lataro (Because, why not?)

Replacements:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.

pre-game will begin once sign-ups are complete, and either Politics mafia or werewolf ends.
-Adam

User avatar
ForAllOfThis
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:06 pm UTC

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby ForAllOfThis » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:51 pm UTC

Image
"Better than the movie!" ~Daily Bugle
"10/10 ferrets enjoyed this!" ~Daily Planet
"I hear Canadian Marvel characters are the best!" ~Poor Deadpool's Almanac
"What's a Marvel?" ~some random newspaper outlet in Oklahoma.

THE MAFIA AVENGERS
The long awaited but not really sequel to Marvel Mafia! Now with 66% less Deadpool! Several super-villains have teamed together to form the evil syndicate called M.A.F.I.A.: Mega Antagonistic Feared Infiltrative Alliance. They have successfully infiltrated the Avengers, and plan on unleashing a terrible plot to take over the world! Faced with many unknown threats at the same time, can the Avengers fight their way out? Or will they have to adapt a more modern approach to facing their enemies: Lynching. One things for certain, and that its time to take action. AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!

Game type: Semi-open or open (not fully decided)
Game size: medium (20 players)
Bastardness: some, but not too much.
Twist: Each player may choose part of their ability, out of a choice of 3.
Speed: day = 7 days, night = 3 days.
Flavour: knowing stuff about the avengers helps, but all the roles will be listed, so a quick Google search should give you all the information you need to guess abilities.

Sign-ups:
1. Angua (6 days til the Avengers comes out!!!!!)
2. ahammel (HULK SMASH PUNY SIGN-UP SHEET)
3. JesseScottOwen (Lataro seems scummy to me.)
4. matt96 (I agree with JSO, and taking the last signup slot on the list is scummy behavior, avoiding looking too enthusiastic)
5. Eculc (Witty comment about Lataro being scum)
6. Tim (Sigh, more movies to watch)
7. mpolo (I hope my computer is working by the time this starts -- I hate using a Windows laptop I can't customize because it's not "mine")
8. Servant-of_Christ(played before, but new to playing in a forum)
9. greenlover (why not?)
10. wam (people shoud join so I look less lonely)
11. CaptainFinglass (Because I feel like more of a comic book nerd now)
12. Woopate (I'm batman)
13. DaBigCheez (loyal only to the American Dream) (Y U NO KEEP MY SIGNUP HERE, FUTURE POSTERS)
14. trineroks (yay)
15. Adam H
16.
17. ForAllOfThis (BAZINGA!)
18. Snark (is on roband's back for chosing Avengers over HGTTG)
19. roband (because, being on top of Lataro doesn't ever seem like a bad thing)
20. Lataro (Because, why not?)

Replacements:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.

pre-game will begin once sign-ups are complete, and either Politics mafia or werewolf ends.[/quote]

User avatar
KrO2
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:35 pm UTC

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby KrO2 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:00 pm UTC

Image
"Better than the movie!" ~Daily Bugle
"10/10 ferrets enjoyed this!" ~Daily Planet
"I hear Canadian Marvel characters are the best!" ~Poor Deadpool's Almanac
"What's a Marvel?" ~some random newspaper outlet in Oklahoma.

THE MAFIA AVENGERS
The long awaited but not really sequel to Marvel Mafia! Now with 66% less Deadpool! Several super-villains have teamed together to form the evil syndicate called M.A.F.I.A.: Mega Antagonistic Feared Infiltrative Alliance. They have successfully infiltrated the Avengers, and plan on unleashing a terrible plot to take over the world! Faced with many unknown threats at the same time, can the Avengers fight their way out? Or will they have to adapt a more modern approach to facing their enemies: Lynching. One things for certain, and that its time to take action. AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!

Game type: Semi-open or open (not fully decided)
Game size: medium (20 players)
Bastardness: some, but not too much.
Twist: Each player may choose part of their ability, out of a choice of 3.
Speed: day = 7 days, night = 3 days.
Flavour: knowing stuff about the avengers helps, but all the roles will be listed, so a quick Google search should give you all the information you need to guess abilities.

Sign-ups:
1. Angua (6 days til the Avengers comes out!!!!!)
2. ahammel (HULK SMASH PUNY SIGN-UP SHEET)
3. JesseScottOwen (Lataro seems scummy to me.)
4. matt96 (I agree with JSO, and taking the last signup slot on the list is scummy behavior, avoiding looking too enthusiastic)
5. Eculc (Witty comment about Lataro being scum)
6. Tim (Sigh, more movies to watch)
7. mpolo (I hope my computer is working by the time this starts -- I hate using a Windows laptop I can't customize because it's not "mine")
8. Servant-of_Christ(played before, but new to playing in a forum)
9. greenlover (why not?)
10. wam (people shoud join so I look less lonely)
11. CaptainFinglass (Because I feel like more of a comic book nerd now)
12. Woopate (I'm batman)
13. DaBigCheez (loyal only to the American Dream) (Y U NO KEEP MY SIGNUP HERE, FUTURE POSTERS)
14. trineroks (yay)
15. Adam H
16.
17. ForAllOfThis (BAZINGA!)
18. Snark (is on roband's back for chosing Avengers over HGTTG)
19. roband (because, being on top of Lataro doesn't ever seem like a bad thing)
20. Lataro (Because, why not?)

Replacements:
1.
2.KrO2 (I'm very not confident about my ability to play multiple games, but if you need another person...)
3.
4.
5.

pre-game will begin once sign-ups are complete, and either Politics mafia or werewolf ends.[/quote]

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby Snark » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:38 pm UTC

The Hitchhiker's Guide to Mafia
Image
The Earth's been demolished, but that's old news. Life-forms everywhere have somehow managed to get along without the altogether "Mostly Harmless" planet. However, trouble is brewing elsewhere in the universe, and all the usual suspects have joined together to sort it out.
Grab your Guide and your towel and get ready for something infinitely improbable.

Mod: Snark
Co-mod: Adam H
Setup: Closed
Bastardry: Little to none
Flavor knowledge: Is not required
Speed: Turbo with division of days and nights TBA.
Size: Apparently 12.
Timeline: Game will start on or before 4/27/12. Most likely before.

Players (No limit):
1. ahammel (a frood who really knows where his towel is)
2. Eculc (Towel Ready!)
3. matt96 (
Spoiler:
WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE
)
4. careyhammer (loves Vogon poetry)
5. KrO2 (I told myself I'd stick to one game at a time, but I can't not play HHGG mafia.)
6. Tim (Sigh.. More books to read)
7. JesseScottOwen (I think I'm a sofa.)
8. Vieto (We apologize for the inconvenience...)
9. webby (Feels unpleasantly like being drunk)
10. cjquines (total newbie, please help...)
11. wam (life is now a bit quieter so Im in)
42. mpolo

Replacements (are people too):
1.
2.
3.
...

Sign-ups closed! But we'll more than likely need replacements.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:44 am UTC

Snatch Mafia
Now you see it, now you don't!
http://www.imgur.com/nTuaw.jpg

Please signup below:

A. wam (first!)
B. Adam H (Go-go-gadget netflix!)
C. Woopate(I plan on running the car over!)
D. BoomFrog (I shouldn't, and yet...)
E. ahammel ("Snatch". Tee hee hee.)
F. greenlover (no flavor knowledge, per the norm. W00t.)
G. Snark (No shirt, no shoes, no flavor knowledge, no problem)
H. tastelikecoke (G spot teehee H spot teehee)
I. mpolo (I guess I need to look this one up…)
J. Angua
K. CaptainFinglass (To the internet!)
M. Matt96 (I also know the alphabet!)
...
S.
T. Tim (I know the alphabet!)
U.
...
It is a large, I would love a large number of people to sign up. Bare minimum is 17, or the game won't run :)
Fun is guaranteed, just ask anyone who played Lock, Stock... Thanks.

Details:
Spoiler:
Pretty closed setup-wise. Low-to-none on the bastardry scale. Hard deadlines will be set for each day and night. The game will start when Firefly Mafia is finished and the number of signups reaches what I deem to be an appropriate amount.


FOUR MORE SIGNUPS REQUIRED BEFORE ROBAND STARTS WRITING ROLE PMS.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
t1mm01994
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 pm UTC
Location: San Francisco.. Wait up, I'll tell you some tales!

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby t1mm01994 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:54 pm UTC

Snatch Mafia
Now you see it, now you don't!
http://www.imgur.com/nTuaw.jpg

Please signup below:

A. wam (first!)
B. Adam H (Go-go-gadget netflix!)
C. Woopate(I plan on running the car over!)
D. BoomFrog (I shouldn't, and yet...)
E. ahammel ("Snatch". Tee hee hee.)
F. greenlover (no flavor knowledge, per the norm. W00t.)
G. Snark (No shirt, no shoes, no flavor knowledge, no problem)
H. tastelikecoke (G spot teehee H spot teehee)
I. mpolo (I guess I need to look this one up…)
J. Angua
K. CaptainFinglass (To the internet!)
M. Matt96 (I also know the alphabet!)
...
S.
T. Tim (I know the alphabet!)
U.
...
It is a large, I would love a large number of people to sign up. Bare minimum is 17, or the game won't run :)
Fun is guaranteed, just ask anyone who played Lock, Stock... Thanks.

Details:
Spoiler:
Pretty closed setup-wise. Low-to-none on the bastardry scale. Hard deadlines will be set for each day and night. The game will start when Firefly Mafia is finished and the number of signups reaches what I deem to be an appropriate amount.


FOUR MORE SIGNUPS REQUIRED BEFORE ROBAND STARTS WRITING ROLE PMS.

watching the movie, and bumping for epicness. Do we have to adapt to the in-movie speaking style?

User avatar
Vieto
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:44 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby Vieto » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:00 pm UTC

Snatch Mafia
Now you see it, now you don't!
http://www.imgur.com/nTuaw.jpg

Please signup below:

A. wam (first!)
B. Adam H (Go-go-gadget netflix!)
C. Woopate(I plan on running the car over!)
D. BoomFrog (I shouldn't, and yet...)
E. ahammel ("Snatch". Tee hee hee.)
F. greenlover (no flavor knowledge, per the norm. W00t.)
G. Snark (No shirt, no shoes, no flavor knowledge, no problem)
H. tastelikecoke (G spot teehee H spot teehee)
I. mpolo (I guess I need to look this one up…)
J. Angua
K. CaptainFinglass (To the internet!)
M. Matt96 (I also know the alphabet!)
...
S.
T. Tim (I know the alphabet!)
U.
V. Vieto (Voraciously Vetted Via Velociraptors)
W.
...

It is a large, I would love a large number of people to sign up. Bare minimum is 17, or the game won't run :)
Fun is guaranteed, just ask anyone who played Lock, Stock... Thanks.

Details:
Spoiler:
Pretty closed setup-wise. Low-to-none on the bastardry scale. Hard deadlines will be set for each day and night. The game will start when Firefly Mafia is finished and the number of signups reaches what I deem to be an appropriate amount.


FOUR MORE SIGNUPS REQUIRED BEFORE ROBAND STARTS WRITING ROLE PMS.

watching the movie, and bumping for epicness. Do we have to adapt to the in-movie speaking style?

User avatar
t1mm01994
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 pm UTC
Location: San Francisco.. Wait up, I'll tell you some tales!

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby t1mm01994 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:02 pm UTC

well, that'd be 3 sign-ups left, now..

User avatar
flarpfreak
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:07 pm UTC
Location: Next to a salty body of water, no, it's not the ocean

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby flarpfreak » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:11 pm UTC

[quote="Vieto"][img]http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h277/Gunguy1/mafiaavengers.png[/img]
"Better than the movie!" ~Daily Bugle
"10/10 ferrets enjoyed this!" ~Daily Planet
"I hear Canadian Marvel characters are the best!" ~Poor Deadpool's Almanac
"What's a Marvel?" ~some random newspaper outlet in Oklahoma.

THE MAFIA AVENGERS
The long awaited but not really sequel to Marvel Mafia! Now with 66% less Deadpool! Several super-villains have teamed together to form the evil syndicate called M.A.F.I.A.: Mega Antagonistic Feared Infiltrative Alliance. They have successfully infiltrated the Avengers, and plan on unleashing a terrible plot to take over the world! Faced with many unknown threats at the same time, can the Avengers fight their way out? Or will they have to adapt a more modern approach to facing their enemies: Lynching. One things for certain, and that its time to take action. AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!

Game type: Semi-open or open (not fully decided)
Game size: medium (20 players)
Bastardness: some, but not too much.
Twist: Each player may choose part of their ability, out of a choice of 3.
Speed: day = 7 days, night = 3 days.
Flavour: knowing stuff about the avengers helps, but all the roles will be listed, so a quick Google search should give you all the information you need to guess abilities.

Sign-ups:
1.
Angua (6 days til the Avengers comes out!!!!!)
2. ahammel (HULK SMASH PUNY SIGN-UP SHEET)
3. JesseScottOwen (Lataro seems scummy to me.)
4. matt96 (I agree with JSO, and taking the last signup slot on the list is scummy behavior, avoiding looking too enthusiastic)
5. Eculc (Witty comment about Lataro being scum)
6. Tim (Sigh, more movies to watch)
7. mpolo (I hope my computer is working by the time this starts -- I hate using a Windows laptop I can't customize because it's not "mine")
8. Servant-of_Christ(played before, but new to playing in a forum)
9. greenlover (why not?)
10. wam (people shoud join so I look less lonely)
11. CaptainFinglass (Because I feel like more of a comic book nerd now)
12. Woopate (I'm batman)
13. DaBigCheez (loyal only to the American Dream) (Y U NO KEEP MY SIGNUP HERE, FUTURE POSTERS)
14. trineroks (yay)
15. Adam H
16. Flarpfreak(Bwahahahaha)
17. ForAllOfThis (BAZINGA!)
18. Snark (is on roband's back for chosing Avengers over HGTTG)
19. roband (because, being on top of Lataro doesn't ever seem like a bad thing)
20. Lataro (Because, why not?)


Replacements:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.

pre-game will begin once sign-ups are complete, and either Politics mafia or werewolf ends.[/quote]

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:15 am UTC

@flarpfreak: Avengers has already started. You should sign-up for Snatch, or wait for the next new game to start. (Something should start soonish.)
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
Vieto
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:44 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby Vieto » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:22 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:@flarpfreak: Avengers has already started. You should sign-up for Snatch, or wait for the next new game to start. (Something should start soonish.)

He pmed me before it started, so he is in the game.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:52 am UTC

Oh, I see that now.

I'll just go sit in the corner here not bothering anyone else then.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
New User
Posts: 697
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:40 am UTC
Location: USA

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby New User » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:08 am UTC

The Hitchhiker's Guide to Mafia
Image
The Earth's been demolished, but that's old news. Life-forms everywhere have somehow managed to get along without the altogether "Mostly Harmless" planet. However, trouble is brewing elsewhere in the universe, and all the usual suspects have joined together to sort it out.
Grab your Guide and your towel and get ready for something infinitely improbable.

Mod: Snark
Co-mod: Adam H
Setup: Closed
Bastardry: Little to none
Flavor knowledge: Is not required
Speed: Turbo with division of days and nights TBA.
Size: Apparently 12.
Timeline: Game will start on or before 4/27/12. Most likely before.

Players (No limit):
1. ahammel (a frood who really knows where his towel is)
2. Eculc (Towel Ready!)
3. matt96 (
Spoiler:
WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE
)
4. careyhammer (loves Vogon poetry)
5. KrO2 (I told myself I'd stick to one game at a time, but I can't not play HHGG mafia.)
6. Tim (Sigh.. More books to read)
7. JesseScottOwen (I think I'm a sofa.)
8. Vieto (We apologize for the inconvenience...)
9. webby (Feels unpleasantly like being drunk)
10. cjquines (total newbie, please help...)
11. wam (life is now a bit quieter so Im in)
42. mpolo

Replacements (are people too):
1. New User
2.
3.
...

Sign-ups closed! But we'll more than likely need replacements.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:45 am UTC

Shadowrun Mafia
I've got a live one for you chummer. In and out, no fuss, no muss. Good cred, solid intel, cyber and magic backup. Don't worry, it'll be easy. - Mr. Johnson

Mod: BoomFrog
Setup: Mostly Closed
Bastardry: Little to none
Flavor knowledge: Basic knowledge of the setting will be very useful. Detailed knowledge is not needed.
Complexity: Medium (More complex then Marvel, less complex then Fallout)
Speed: Roughly 6 day long "Days" and 2 day long "Nights". I will try to avoid deadlines falling during weekends.
Size: 12 players max.
Timeline: Estimated to start around May 3rd if sign-ups are strong.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12. [This spot reserved for DBC]
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
New User
Posts: 697
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:40 am UTC
Location: USA

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby New User » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:56 am UTC

Shadowrun Mafia
I've got a live one for you chummer. In and out, no fuss, no muss. Good cred, solid intel, cyber and magic backup. Don't worry, it'll be easy. - Mr. Johnson

Mod: BoomFrog
Setup: Mostly Closed
Bastardry: Little to none
Flavor knowledge: Basic knowledge of the setting will be very useful. Detailed knowledge is not needed.
Complexity: Medium (More complex then Marvel, less complex then Fallout)
Speed: Roughly 6 day long "Days" and 2 day long "Nights". I will try to avoid deadlines falling during weekends.
Size: 12 players max.
Timeline: Estimated to start around May 3rd if sign-ups are strong.
1. New User
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12. [This spot reserved for DBC]


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests