Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

wam

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby wam » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:07 pm UTC

12 hours or so of signups, finalising the setup now

Worst Mafia Roles

You see Lataro’s game above where he promises all these great roles, well this is the opposite!

Mods: wam and Uniquescreenname
Size: Any Will run with however many turn up (minimum of 7)
Bastardry: Medium (more clarity will be provided in the OP when I have the roles)
Setup: Semi-Open: Roles will be private but info will be given on alignment

All roles will be selected semi randomly from http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4736 Player submissions will be considered.
Will ensure its as balanced as possible and that all players have a chance of winning (even if its very small)

Flavor: Limited but will have some
Speed: Week long days, nights 3 days.
Activity: You need to make this work, it will be hard though!

Signups:
1. Madge
2. Djehutynakht
3. Lataro (Glad you ran this in the end.)
4. cjquines (yaaaay!)
5. ConMan (I look forward to getting a worse role than any I've ever made someone play)
6. StubbsKVM
7. KrO2
8. thdl (if everything hasn't been finalized)

Replacements: (Would rather not need replacements, sign up as one though if you are willing, but unable to play as an actual player.)
Come join us playing mafia signup here

wam

Postby wam » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:14 pm UTC

Signups for worst role mafia are now closed.

Snark

Postby Snark » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:51 pm UTC

Mafia Reloaded

Mod: Snark
Speed: 5 day Days. 2 day Nights. Weekends run the clock down half as quickly as normal days (ie Saturday+Sunday is considered 1 real life day). Deadline extensions given when needed. Lurkers will be replaced.
Size: 8-12. I'd prefer 12 so the setup can be more fun.
Bastardry: None
Setup: Mostly open. At the heart, this will be a standard mafia game. The main new mechanic is that at the start of the game every single player is holding a unique weapon and unique ammunition, but no one's ammo matches their weapon. At any point during the game, players may give/trade their weapon and/or ammo to another player. Once a player holds a matching weapon/ammo combo, they have a NK. Also of note is that PMs will be allowed between players at any time, so long as they're between only two players at a time (plus mafia chat). There may be a few other power roles scattered in, with maybe a SK or survivor in the mix, but no cults or jesters or funky stuff like that. All possible alignments and roles will be fully disclosed (including sample role PMs) prior to the game starting.

Players:
(9.)
(10.)
(11.)
(12.)

Replacements:
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

bouer

Postby bouer » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:09 pm UTC

This sounds relatively simple so I'll play.

dimochka
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Postby dimochka » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:15 pm UTC

i'm out for all new games for next 2-4 weeks, too busy at new job. will gladly join any after that.
i'll still do my best to play in the ones in which i'm currently alve.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

Snark

Postby Snark » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:40 pm UTC

bouer wrote:This sounds relatively simple so I'll play.

Coolness. I'll sign up you. If if fills with enough players, you'll get a PM with your role.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

Snark

Postby Snark » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:40 pm UTC

Mafia Reloaded

Speed: 5 day Days. 2 day Nights. Weekends run the clock down half as quickly as normal days (ie Saturday+Sunday is considered 1 real life day). Deadline extensions given when needed. Lurkers will be replaced.
Setup: Mostly open. At the heart, this will be a standard mafia game. The main new mechanic is that at the start of the game every single player is holding a unique weapon and unique ammunition, but no one's ammo matches their weapon. At any point during the game, players may give/trade their weapon and/or ammo to another player. Once a player holds a matching weapon/ammo combo, they have a NK. Also of note is that PMs will be allowed between players at any time, so long as they're between only two players at a time (plus mafia chat). There may be a few other power roles scattered in, with maybe a SK or survivor in the mix, but no cults or jesters or funky stuff like that. All possible alignments and roles will be fully disclosed (including sample role PMs) prior to the game starting.

Players:
1. bouer
(9.)
(10.)
(11.)
(12.)

Replacements:

wam

Postby wam » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:19 pm UTC

Mafia Reloaded

Players:
1. bouer
(9.)
(10.)
(11.)
(12.)

Replacements:
1. wam (mechanic looks interesting but 2 games is my limit at the moment)

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:54 pm UTC

Mafia Reloaded

Players:
1. bouer
2. Djehutynakht (why not?)
(9.)
(10.)
(11.)
(12.)

Replacements:

wam

Postby wam » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:48 pm UTC

Mafia Reloaded

Players:
1. bouer
3.wam (covert ops finished)
(9.)
(10.)
(11.)
(12.)

Replacements:
2.[/quote]

Snark

Postby Snark » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:59 pm UTC

Mafia Reloaded

Players:
1. bouer
3. wam (covert ops finished)
(9.)
(10.)
(11.)
(12.)

Replacements:

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:14 am UTC

FaceBook vs Twitter

MOD: BigNose
Speed: Relaxed 7-day Days, 3-day Nights, W/E as 1 Day
Size: 8 min - 12 max
Bastardry: Don't do it
Setup: Not Vanilla. Lynch is MANDATORY.
Flavour:
Some of the toppest dogs were in Town, with some more Topper than others. Atleast that's what THEY think.
Does Larry want Steve dug-up so he can bury him again?
The Vinklers are'nt happy with Sergey. Unhappy enough to kill him?
And don't forget Jeff. He doesn't; and holds grudges.
This Town ain't big enough for all of them, but is big enough for some.
Trouble is . . . . . WHO?

R1.
R2.
R3.
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

StubbsKVM

Postby StubbsKVM » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:22 pm UTC

FaceBook vs Twitter

Flavour:
Some of the toppest dogs were in Town, with some more Topper than others. Atleast that's what THEY think.

1. StubbsKVM

R1.
R2.
R3.
Stubbs - next time I'm scum I think I'll just policy NK you at the first possible opportunity.(Suzaku)

Valius II
Location: You know, that place near the thing to the left of the whatsit.

Postby Valius II » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:29 pm UTC

FaceBook vs Twitter

Flavour:

1. StubbsKVM
11. Valius II

R1.
R2.
R3.

UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.

Postby UniqueScreenname » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:26 pm UTC

Mafia Reloaded

Players:
1. bouer
4. UniqueScreenname (Snark games always work out well for me /sarcasm)
(9.)
(10.)
(11.)
(12.)

Replacements:
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

UniqueScreenname

Postby UniqueScreenname » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:26 pm UTC

FaceBook vs Twitter

Flavour:

1. StubbsKVM
4. UniqueScreenname (I don't understand the flavor...)
11. Valius II

R1.
R2.
R3.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:42 am UTC

FaceBook vs Twitter

Flavour:

1. StubbsKVM
5. Madge (neither do I....)
11. Valius II

R1.
R2.
R3.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Valius II

Postby Valius II » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:41 am UTC

Mafia Reloaded

Players:
1. bouer
4. UniqueScreenname (Snark games always work out well for me /sarcasm)
5. Valius II
(9.)
(10.)
(11.)
(12.)

Replacements:

Snark

Postby Snark » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:45 pm UTC

Mafia Reloaded

Sign-ups killed due to lack of players.

Sorry to those who signed up.

wam

Postby wam » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:47 pm UTC

FaceBook vs Twitter

Flavour:

1. StubbsKVM
6.wam (as reloaded has gone)
11. Valius II

R1.
R2.
R3.

StubbsKVM

Postby StubbsKVM » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:53 pm UTC

Why so fast Snark?
Stubbs - next time I'm scum I think I'll just policy NK you at the first possible opportunity.(Suzaku)

Snark

Postby Snark » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:56 pm UTC

StubbsKVM wrote:Why so fast Snark?
Sign-ups were up for a little over 7 days which is, in my opinion, the longest time any game should be in sign-ups. Sorry again. Maybe I'll try to rerun it later when there's more available players.

StubbsKVM

Postby StubbsKVM » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:47 pm UTC

Okay, I would have signed up, but there's a limit to my free time, unfortunately ;)

bouer

Postby bouer » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:06 pm UTC

FaceBook vs Twitter

Flavour:

1. StubbsKVM
7. Bouer (I will succeed in joining a mafia game eventually)
11. Valius II

R1.
R2.
R3.

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:22 pm UTC

FaceBook vs Twitter

Flavour:

1. StubbsKVM
11. Valius II

R1. Lataro (If you need me to be person number eight, I will, but not really looking to play.)
R2.
R3.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

thdl

Postby thdl » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:57 am UTC

FaceBook vs Twitter

Flavour:

1. StubbsKVM
8. thdl (Twitter is evil....)
11. Valius II

R1. Lataro (If you need me to be person number eight, I will, but not really looking to play.)
R2.
R3.

Valius II

Postby Valius II » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:18 am UTC

Snark wrote:
StubbsKVM wrote:Why so fast Snark?
Sign-ups were up for a little over 7 days which is, in my opinion, the longest time any game should be in sign-ups. Sorry again. Maybe I'll try to rerun it later when there's more available players.

After the end of Multiverse would probably be a good plan.
I for one look forward to it.

KrO2

Postby KrO2 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:25 pm UTC

FaceBook vs Twitter

Flavour:

1. StubbsKVM
3.KrO2
11. Valius II

R2.
R3.

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:51 am UTC

KrO2 wrote:FaceBook vs Twitter - CLOSED

Flavour:

1. StubbsKVM
3.KrO2
11. Valius II

R2.
R3.
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

wam

Postby wam » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:32 pm UTC

Sherlock Mafia

They all gathered in a room wondering waiting thinking, why had sherlock holmes assembled this crowd of enemies friends and randomers. What could be the plan, all they knew was that there were “threats” amongst them. In true style he hadn’t been any more specific. For all they knew he was hidden among them or he was secretly watching them all.

Mods: wam and another
Size: up to 12.
Bastardry: Low
Setup: Closed but a list of possible roles will be given
Flavor: High (I apologise in advance for my bad writing)
Activity: I will be strict on this, 3 days without posting gets you a warning, 2 more days and you will be modkilled or replaced with no regard to balance. If you get 3 warnings your modkilled or replaced.

Signups:

Replacements:

Xenomortis
Not actually a special flower.

Postby Xenomortis » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:36 pm UTC

Sherlock Mafia

They all gathered in a room wondering waiting thinking, why had sherlock holmes assembled this crowd of enemies friends and randomers. What could be the plan, all they knew was that there were “threats” amongst them. In true style he hadn’t been any more specific. For all they knew he was hidden among them or he was secretly watching them all.

Activity: I will be strict on this, 3 days without posting gets you a warning, 2 more days and you will be modkilled or replaced with no regard to balance. If you get 3 warnings your modkilled or replaced.

Signups:
1. Xenomortis

Replacements:

UniqueScreenname

Postby UniqueScreenname » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:48 pm UTC

Sherlock Mafia

Signups:
1. Xenomortis
2. UniqueScreenname (I hope it's as good as the last Sherlock game)

Replacements:

wam

Postby wam » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:58 pm UTC

@USN

:oops: I had played that game and forgotten about it! My memory is rubbish!

But yes it will be as good! Was that the game where your reputation as an awesome scum player came from?

UniqueScreenname

Postby UniqueScreenname » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:04 pm UTC

Aw shucks :oops: And yes. But I think it was more my 4 perfect scum games in a very short amount of time that got it going.

just_me

Postby just_me » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:29 pm UTC

Sherlock Mafia

Signups:
1. Xenomortis
3. just_me (sherlock \o/ )

Replacements:

Snark

Postby Snark » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:10 pm UTC

Mafia Reloaded

Size: 5-7. I'd prefer 12 so the setup can be more fun.
Setup: See this post for info. The main new mechanic is that at the start of the game every single player is holding a unique weapon and unique ammunition, but no one's ammo matches their weapon. At any point during the game, players may give/trade their weapon and/or ammo to another player. Once a player holds a matching weapon/ammo combo, they have a NK. Also of note is that PMs will be allowed between players at any time, so long as they're between only two players at a time (plus mafia chat). All possible alignments and roles will be fully disclosed (including sample role PMs) prior to the game starting.

Players:
(6.)
(7.)

Replacements:

Note: If you're deciding between this game or wam's Sherlock game, choose wam's game please. Don't want to steal sign-ups from him as his game sign-ups were posted first.

Valius II

Postby Valius II » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:15 am UTC

Sherlock Mafia

Signups:
1. Xenomortis
4. Valius II

Replacements:

Valius II

Postby Valius II » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:16 am UTC

Sorry, had to remove the url or it kept marking it as spam.

Mafia Reloaded

Setup: See this post[/url] for info. The main new mechanic is that at the start of the game every single player is holding a unique weapon and unique ammunition, but no one's ammo matches their weapon. At any point during the game, players may give/trade their weapon and/or ammo to another player. Once a player holds a matching weapon/ammo combo, they have a NK. Also of note is that PMs will be allowed between players at any time, so long as they're between only two players at a time (plus mafia chat). All possible alignments and roles will be fully disclosed (including sample role PMs) prior to the game starting.

Players:
1. Valius II
(6.)
(7.)

Replacements:

Note: If you're deciding between this game or wam's Sherlock game, choose wam's game please. Don't want to steal sign-ups from him as his game sign-ups were posted first.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:52 am UTC

Sherlock Mafia

Signups:
1. Xenomortis
4. Valius II
5. Djehutynakht

Replacements:

Snark

Postby Snark » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:18 am UTC

Mafia Reloaded

Setup: See this post for info. The main new mechanic is that at the start of the game every single player is holding a unique weapon and unique ammunition, but no one's ammo matches their weapon. At any point during the game, players may give/trade their weapon and/or ammo to another player. Once a player holds a matching weapon/ammo combo, they have a NK. Also of note is that PMs will be allowed between players at any time, so long as they're between only two players at a time (plus mafia chat). All possible alignments and roles will be fully disclosed (including sample role PMs) prior to the game starting.

Players:
1. Valius II
(6.)
(7.)

Replacements:

Return to “Mafia”