Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

wam

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby wam » Thu May 24, 2018 3:08 pm UTC

freezeblade wrote:I sent mine to Diemo, did you get it, or should I send it over to you?

Same
Come join us playing mafia signup here

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu May 24, 2018 3:17 pm UTC

wam wrote:
freezeblade wrote:I sent mine to Diemo, did you get it, or should I send it over to you?

Same
Also same.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Thu May 24, 2018 4:11 pm UTC

If you sent it to me, I have it, provided that you are one of:
Madge, LaserGuy, Sabrar, moody, mpolo, jimbob, wam, SDK

Game will go up in about 4 hours
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Thu May 24, 2018 4:14 pm UTC

sooooo not me then? :(
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Thu May 24, 2018 4:17 pm UTC

Oh, I do have a message from you. But bessie doesn't, it can be our secret :P

Rolenames will be public, btw
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu May 24, 2018 6:52 pm UTC

Diemo wrote:Game will go up in about 4 hours
HYPE!

SDK

Postby SDK » Thu May 24, 2018 7:17 pm UTC

I hope I'm Sabrar. Even pretending to be that excited has got to feel good! :P
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu May 24, 2018 10:04 pm UTC

Vote: Diemo

Good night.

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu May 24, 2018 10:21 pm UTC

*starts rubbing Sabrar's shoulders*

I know it's been six hours, hon. Don't stress. I'm here for you. You can do this.

Below:
Madge comforts Sabrar over the mafia game being at least two hours later than promised (2018), colourised.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Thu May 24, 2018 10:59 pm UTC

Go Sabrar go!
--Douglas Adams

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:51 pm UTC

Meta Mafia II

XKCDians have once again been sampling the ju-ju-juice, and have forgotten who they are! I know, I know, we could just check our pockets, but where is the fun in that? Instead, as is tradition, we will lynch until everyone's true identity is known! Let the lynching begin!

Meta-mafia: Please send in the name of someone else who is active(ish) on the forums, or who was previously active. If the same person is picked multiple times, I will assign it randomly and assign someone who hasn't been picked to the people who didn't get their choice. Feel free to send in multiple choices - I'll do my best to give you your top choice.

Depending on the size, I will probably choose a game from here: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... tal:Setups. It will most likely be a closed set-up.

There will be little to no mod bastardy - Information in bold is guaranteed to be accurate. Information in italics is for (shitty) story purposes only and can NOT be trusted. Role interactions will be set before game start. Alignment changing roles are possible but not guaranteed.

• Mods:
  • Size: Any
  • Speed: 5 IRL-day days, 2 IRL-day nights
  • Setup: Closed
  • Bastardry: Minimal (may contain hidden role elements and/or unexpected interactions - mod will not lie)
  • Start Date:TBA, Probably a couple days after finishing sign ups. If we need to accommodate to anyone, let me know

Sign-up Instructions:
To play, quote this post, add your name to the list below.

Players:
  1. Madge
  2. LaserGuy
  3. Sabrar
  4. wam
  5. moody7277
  6. Vicarin
  7. plytho
  8. mpolo - will be fairly offline until May 23
  9. SDK
  10. threetwoone
  11. jimbobmacdoodle
  12. Freezeblade (If it's not too late!)
  13. Mark_Cangila (Also if it's not too late)

Replacements:
  1. somitomi
  2. BoomFrog
  3. heuristically_alone
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:32 pm UTC

Diemo wrote:

bessie wrote:

^^^
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

You can learn to levitate with just a little help.

:idea: = Surprised Cyclops

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:12 pm UTC

Wheel of Time 3: A Divided Sisterhood

Description: PYP Mafia game, set in the Wheel of Time universe, around the time of book 5 and onwards.
Mod: jimbobmacdoodle
Speed: 5-7 days, 1-2 day nights. Day deadlines will not end on a weekend.
Size: Anything from about 10+, the more the merrier!
Bastardry: May include victory condition changes due to player actions, and/or hidden aspects to roles. The mod will never lie.
Setup: Closed PYP (see sign-up instructions), power-role heavy.
Flavour knowledge: not required. Characters will not be guaranteed to be of the same alignment as in the books. Wiki link is here.
Game start: after Meta Mafia 2 has finished.

IMPORTANT Sign-up Instructions in spoiler:
Spoiler:
  • Put your name in the player row as normal.
  • Send me a PM with the two items described below.
  • One should be a list, in preference order of character type you'd like to play. If you have no preference, feel free to say "Any".
  • Character choices can be one of the following:
    • Blue Ajah - "The Blue Ajah of the Aes Sedai normally involve themselves with righteous causes and justice."
    • Brown Ajah - "The Brown Ajah of the Aes Sedai is devoted to knowledge and the collection of ancient wisdom. "
    • Gray Ajah - "The Gray Ajah of the Aes Sedai favors harmony and consensus above all else.
    • Green Ajah - "...to be a Green means to stand ready. In the Trolloc Wars, we were often called the Battle Ajah."
    • Yellow Ajah - "Being of the Yellow isn't about skill...It's about passion. If you love to make things well, to fix that which is broken, there would be a purpose for you here."
    • White Ajah - "The White Ajah of the Aes Sedai is dedicated to the value of logic, and devotes itself to questions of philosophy and truth."
    • Other - This includes camp followers, soldiers, and warders (Aes Sedai bodyguards). If you have a specific one you'd like to be, please say so.
  • The other should be a secondary win condition. This must be compatible with both standard town and scum win conditions (so e.g. "you must survive to the end of the game" would work, but not "random scum player must be alive" since that is incompatible with a town win condition).
  • The secondary win condition will be given to a random player, but may be adjusted for balance and/or theme.
  • Win conditions may not name a specific player or character, but can include placeholders for random/mod-chosen options (e.g. "you must outlive Sabrar" is not valid, but "you must outlive <random player>" is).
  • Not all win conditions will be distributed - one or more may be discarded at random and replaced by a mod-chosen one.
  • Win conditions will be in addition to a player's primary win condition. The primary win condition is the only one that players must try to accomplish in order to win. Completing the secondary win condition only grants a bonus win (but may be achieved even if the primary one fails).
  • Players may not talk about what they submitted, either before or during the game (e.g. they may not say in game "I requested Blue Ajah, but got Green Ajah, and I submitted Survivor as the secondary win condition"). I may review this rule later.
  • Feel free to write your own flavour for either part, but the mod reserves the right to edit it as desired.
  • If you have any questions about these, please PM them to me.

Players:

Replacements:
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:40 pm UTC

Description: PYP Mafia game, set in the Wheel of Time universe, around the time of book 5 and onwards.
Bastardry: May include victory condition changes due to player actions, and/or hidden aspects to roles. The mod will never lie.
Flavour knowledge: not required. Characters will not be guaranteed to be of the same alignment as in the books. Wiki link is here.

Spoiler:
  • One should be a list, in preference order of character type you'd like to play. If you have no preference, feel free to say "Any".
    • Blue Ajah - "The Blue Ajah of the Aes Sedai normally involve themselves with righteous causes and justice."
    • Brown Ajah - "The Brown Ajah of the Aes Sedai is devoted to knowledge and the collection of ancient wisdom. "
    • Gray Ajah - "The Gray Ajah of the Aes Sedai favors harmony and consensus above all else.
    • Green Ajah - "...to be a Green means to stand ready. In the Trolloc Wars, we were often called the Battle Ajah."
    • Yellow Ajah - "Being of the Yellow isn't about skill...It's about passion. If you love to make things well, to fix that which is broken, there would be a purpose for you here."
    • White Ajah - "The White Ajah of the Aes Sedai is dedicated to the value of logic, and devotes itself to questions of philosophy and truth."
    • Other - This includes camp followers, soldiers, and warders (Aes Sedai bodyguards). If you have a specific one you'd like to be, please say so.
  • The other should be a secondary win condition. This must be compatible with both standard town and scum win conditions (so e.g. "you must survive to the end of the game" would work, but not "random scum player must be alive" since that is incompatible with a town win condition).
  • The secondary win condition will be given to a random player, but may be adjusted for balance and/or theme.
  • Win conditions may not name a specific player or character, but can include placeholders for random/mod-chosen options (e.g. "you must outlive Sabrar" is not valid, but "you must outlive <random player>" is).
  • Not all win conditions will be distributed - one or more may be discarded at random and replaced by a mod-chosen one.
  • Win conditions will be in addition to a player's primary win condition. The primary win condition is the only one that players must try to accomplish in order to win. Completing the secondary win condition only grants a bonus win (but may be achieved even if the primary one fails).
  • Players may not talk about what they submitted, either before or during the game (e.g. they may not say in game "I requested Blue Ajah, but got Green Ajah, and I submitted Survivor as the secondary win condition"). I may review this rule later.
  • Feel free to write your own flavour for either part, but the mod reserves the right to edit it as desired.

Players:
1. heuristically_alone (aka heury)

Replacements:
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:14 pm UTC

Spoiler:

Players:
2. Sabrar

Replacements:

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:35 pm UTC

Spoiler:

Players:
2. Sabrar
3. BoomFrog

Replacements:
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

wam

Postby wam » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:31 pm UTC

Spoiler:

Players:
2. Sabrar
3. BoomFrog
4. wam

Replacements:

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:12 pm UTC

Spoiler:

Players:
2. Sabrar
3. BoomFrog
4. wam
5. moody7277

Replacements:
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

Liri
Healthy non-floating pooper reporting for doodie.

Postby Liri » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:28 pm UTC

Spoiler:

Players:
2. Sabrar
3. BoomFrog
4. wam
5. moody7277
6. Liri

Replacements:
There's a certain amount of freedom involved in cycling: you're self-propelled and decide exactly where to go. If you see something that catches your eye to the left, you can veer off there, which isn't so easy in a car, and you can't cover as much ground walking.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:39 am UTC

Spoiler:

Players:
2. Sabrar
3. BoomFrog
4. wam
5. moody7277
6. Liri
7. Vicarin

Replacements:

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:19 pm UTC

Spoiler:

Players:
2. Sabrar
3. BoomFrog
4. wam
5. moody7277
6. Liri
7. Vicarin
8. LaserGuy

Replacements:

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:08 pm UTC

I will replace but only when I return from holiday (~18th) unless dire circumstances.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

bessie

Postby bessie » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:04 pm UTC

Spoiler:

Players:
2. Sabrar
3. BoomFrog
4. wam
5. moody7277
6. Liri
7. Vicarin
8. LaserGuy
9. bessie

Replacements:
1. Madge (after July 18th)

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:57 pm UTC

Spoiler:

Players:
2. Sabrar
3. BoomFrog
4. wam
5. moody7277
6. Liri
7. Vicarin
8. LaserGuy
9. bessie
10. Mark_Cangila

Replacements:

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:50 am UTC

Spoiler:

Players:
2. Sabrar
3. BoomFrog
4. wam
5. moody7277
6. Liri
7. Vicarin
8. LaserGuy
9. bessie
10. Mark_Cangila
11. mpolo (I've even finished the series! Except the prequel…)

Replacements:
Image <-- Evil experiment

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:16 am UTC

Spoiler:

Players:
2. Sabrar
3. BoomFrog
4. wam
5. moody7277
6. Liri
7. Vicarin
8. LaserGuy
9. bessie
10. Mark_Cangila

Replacements:
2. somitomi (didn't want to sign up before I leave, but now I'm back)
—◯-◯

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:56 am UTC

somi, did you mean to sign up as a replacement only or did you want to play?

(i'm back from holiday boys and girls so i'm ready to party if a replacement is needed)

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:54 am UTC

Spoiler:

Players:
2. Sabrar
3. BoomFrog
4. wam
5. moody7277
6. Liri
7. Vicarin
8. LaserGuy
9. bessie
10. Mark_Cangila

Replacements:
2. somitomi (didn't want to sign up before I leave, but now I'm back)
3. plytho (after august 12th)
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:16 pm UTC

Madge wrote:somi, did you mean to sign up as a replacement only or did you want to play?

(i'm back from holiday boys and girls so i'm ready to party if a replacement is needed)

I did exactly what I meant to do. I'm afraid of having to read five pages per day, so I'll just sit here on the sidelines until I suddenly have to read twenty pages at once. I hope you understand.
—◯-◯

dimochka
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Postby dimochka » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:25 pm UTC

Madge wrote:somi, did you mean to sign up as a replacement only or did you want to play?

Should we put you back into the signups in that case? Jimbob and I are likely only going to finalize things this weekend.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:12 pm UTC

I'm still going to sign up as a replacement in general unless I absolutely need to participate for the flavour. It helps me to avoid day 1 and we need replacements anyway.

bessie

Postby bessie » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:17 am UTC

Madge wrote:I'm still going to sign up as a replacement in general unless I absolutely need to participate for the flavour. It helps me to avoid day 1 and we need replacements anyway.

Hmm, I know I pushed you to be a replacement because I wanted to be sure we had at least one. If you do want to play, freezeblade also offered to replace after July 30ish.

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:35 am UTC

Honestly I really do prefer to replace nowadays, so it's no trouble!

wam

Postby wam » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:52 pm UTC

Wams Chaos Game

Description: Highly Bastard Game (hopefully), action hero themed.
Mod: Wam
Setup: power-role heavy, I also am not looking at balance in the setup but it will be possible for any faction to win.

Game start: after Wot 3 has finished

Players:

Replacements:

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:09 pm UTC

Wams Chaos Game

Setup: power-role heavy, I also am not looking at balance in the setup but it will be possible for any faction to win.

Players:
1. heuristically_alone

Replacements:
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:17 pm UTC

Wams Chaos Game

Players:
1. heuristically_alone
2. Sabrar

Replacements:

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:32 pm UTC

Wams Chaos Game

Players:
1. heuristically_alone
2. Sabrar
3. moody7277

Replacements:
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:15 pm UTC

Wams Chaos Game

Players:
1. heuristically_alone
2. Sabrar
3. moody7277
4. Madge (so excited for chaos I'm playing d1!)

Replacements:

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:43 pm UTC

Wams Chaos Game

Players:
1. heuristically_alone
2. Sabrar
3. moody7277

Replacements:
1. ConMan (not 100% sure my availability will line up, but will move to sign-ups if it looks like it will)
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:30 am UTC

Wams Chaos Game

Players:
1. heuristically_alone
2. Sabrar
3. moody7277
5. Vicarin

Replacements:
1. ConMan (not 100% sure my availability will line up, but will move to sign-ups if it looks like it will)

Return to “Mafia”