Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

moody7277

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby moody7277 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:03 pm UTC

Wheel of Time 2: The White Tower

Description: Standard Mafia game, set in the Wheel of Time universe, around the time of books 4-5.
Mod: jimbobmacdoodle, co-mod: SDK, kalira
Speed: 5-7 days, 1 day nights (possibly pseudo-nightless). Day deadlines will not end on a weekend.
Size: Anything from about 10+, the more the merrier!
Bastardry: May include victory condition changes due to player actions. Probably none other.
Setup: Closed, power-role heavy.
Flavour knowledge: not required, but may be useful.
Game start: second or third week of January, depending on availability of mods.

Players:
1. Sabrar
2. mpolo (Woo! I've read far enough!)
3. Carlington (flavourblind, but I played the last one)
4. moody7277

Replacements:
1. Madge
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:10 am UTC

Description: Standard Mafia game, set in the Wheel of Time universe, around the time of books 4-5.
Speed: 5-7 days, 1 day nights (possibly pseudo-nightless). Day deadlines will not end on a weekend.
Bastardry: May include victory condition changes due to player actions. Probably none other.

Players:
1. Sabrar
4. moody7277
5. dimochka (flavorblind, and did not play last one, but seems interesting)

Replacements:
1. Madge
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

bessie

Postby bessie » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:48 am UTC

Players:
1. Sabrar
4. moody7277
6. bessie

Replacements:
1. Madge

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:33 am UTC

Players:
1. Sabrar
4. moody7277
6. bessie
7. GopherofPern (flavorblind, but that's ok.)

Replacements:
1. Madge
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:39 pm UTC

Players:
1. Sabrar
4. moody7277
6. bessie
8. SirGabriel

Replacements:
1. Madge

ahippo

Postby ahippo » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:37 am UTC

Players:
1. Sabrar
4. moody7277
6. bessie
8. SirGabriel
9. ahippo (Love The Wheel of Time, happy to be back on xkcd mafia)

Replacements:
1. Madge

JudeMorrigan

Postby JudeMorrigan » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:34 pm UTC

Players:
1. Sabrar
4. moody7277
6. bessie
8. SirGabriel
10. JudeMorrigan

Replacements:
1. Madge

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:39 pm UTC

Players:
1. Sabrar
4. moody7277
6. bessie
8. SirGabriel
10. JudeMorrigan
11. Diemo

Replacements:
1. Madge
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

matt96

Postby matt96 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:07 pm UTC

Players:
1. Sabrar
4. moody7277
6. bessie
8. SirGabriel
10. JudeMorrigan
11. Diemo
12. matt96

Replacements:
1. Madge

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:27 pm UTC

Wheel of Time 2 sign-ups are now closed. The game will start either Friday evening or Saturday. If you'd still like to take part, consider signing up as a replacement.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:21 pm UTC

Dibs on the SK! :twisted:

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:13 pm UTC

Diablo - The Lord of Terror Mafia

Since the Beginning, the forces of Light and Darkness have engaged in an eternal war: The Great Conflict, whose victor will rise from the apocalyptic ashes to hold sway over all creation. To this end, the Angels of the High Heavens adhere to strict militaristic disciplines. Seraphim warriors strike at the enemies of Light with swords imbued with righteous wrath and justice. The Angels believe that only absolute discipline can properly restore order to the myriad realms, while the demonic denizens of the Burning Hells hold that absolute chaos is the true nature of all things.

Although the Great Conflict burned hotter and longer than any of the stars in the sky, neither side could gain dominion over the other for long. Both factions sought some way to turn the tides of the war to their favor. With the ascension of Man and his mortal realm, the Great Conflict ground to a mysterious halt. Both armies paused in a breathless stalemate, waiting to see to whose side Man would eventually turn.

Mortals had the unique ability to choose between Darkness and Light, and it was held that this would be the deciding factor in the outcome of the Great Conflict. Thus, the agents of the nether-realms descended to the mortal realm to vie for the favor of Man...

Mod: dimochka
Size: At least 8, though 15 would be amazing.
Speed: Standard. 4-5 days for game day, 2-3 days for night. Weekends count as half time (so Saturday+Sunday = 1 day), and I'll never end the game on weekend.
Bastardry: Low to Medium. You may not be told everything, but there will be no lying whatsoever.
Setup: Closed, but all roles are somehow related to Diablo 1. No restrictions on roleclaiming. No listeners, no RNG elements, no vanilla roles.
Flavor: Here and here. In-game flavor will be a mix of what you can find online and my attempt to tie out what happened in game. It generally should not give any hints regarding the setup / actions.

Signup below:

Replacements:

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:38 pm UTC

Since the Beginning, the forces of Light and Darkness have engaged in an eternal war: The Great Conflict, whose victor will rise from the apocalyptic ashes to hold sway over all creation. To this end, the Angels of the High Heavens adhere to strict militaristic disciplines. Seraphim warriors strike at the enemies of Light with swords imbued with righteous wrath and justice. The Angels believe that only absolute discipline can properly restore order to the myriad realms, while the demonic denizens of the Burning Hells hold that absolute chaos is the true nature of all things.

Although the Great Conflict burned hotter and longer than any of the stars in the sky, neither side could gain dominion over the other for long. Both factions sought some way to turn the tides of the war to their favor. With the ascension of Man and his mortal realm, the Great Conflict ground to a mysterious halt. Both armies paused in a breathless stalemate, waiting to see to whose side Man would eventually turn.

Mortals had the unique ability to choose between Darkness and Light, and it was held that this would be the deciding factor in the outcome of the Great Conflict. Thus, the agents of the nether-realms descended to the mortal realm to vie for the favor of Man...

Speed: Standard. 4-5 days for game day, 2-3 days for night. Weekends count as half time (so Saturday+Sunday = 1 day), and I'll never end the game on weekend.
Bastardry: Low to Medium. You may not be told everything, but there will be no lying whatsoever.
Setup: Closed, but all roles are somehow related to Diablo 1. No restrictions on roleclaiming. No listeners, no RNG elements, no vanilla roles.
Flavor: Here and here. In-game flavor will be a mix of what you can find online and my attempt to tie out what happened in game. It generally should not give any hints regarding the setup / actions.

Signup below:
1. Sabrar

Replacements:

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:55 pm UTC

Signup below:
1. Sabrar
2. LaserGuy

Replacements:

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:03 pm UTC

Signup below:
1. Sabrar
2. LaserGuy
3. Jimbobmacdoodle (image doesn't show up by the way...)

Replacements:
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:06 pm UTC

Signup below:
1. Sabrar
2. LaserGuy
4. GopherofPern (Stay awhile, and listen)

Replacements:
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:18 pm UTC

Signup below:
1. Sabrar
2. LaserGuy
5. Freezeblade (I cannot use this yet)

Replacements:
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

Znirk

Postby Znirk » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:18 pm UTC

Signup below:
1. Sabrar
2. LaserGuy
6. Znirk

Replacements:

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:11 pm UTC

Diablo_logo.jpg

Signup below:
1. Sabrar
2. LaserGuy
6. Znirk

Replacements:

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:21 pm UTC

Signup below:
1. Sabrar
2. LaserGuy
3. Jimbobmacdoodle
6. Znirk

Replacements:
BlitzGirl the Primordial

ahippo

Postby ahippo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:05 am UTC

Signup below:
1. Sabrar
2. LaserGuy
3. Jimbobmacdoodle
6. Znirk
7. ahippo (For the Horde!)

Replacements:

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:22 am UTC

Signup below:
1. Sabrar
2. LaserGuy
3. Jimbobmacdoodle
6. Znirk
8. plytho

Replacements:
he him his

adnapemit

Postby adnapemit » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:42 am UTC

Signup below:
1. Sabrar
2. LaserGuy
3. Jimbobmacdoodle
6. Znirk
8. plytho
9. adnapemit

Replacements:
Empress adnapemit "Nancy" "Time Panda"
[adnapemit|timepanda]
Does anyone actually read signatures?

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:09 pm UTC

Signup below:
1. Sabrar
2. LaserGuy
3. Jimbobmacdoodle
6. Znirk
8. plytho
9. adnapemit
10. SirGabriel

Replacements:

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:15 pm UTC

Two more would be awesome (or more, but 10 is definitely enough to run it). I'll keep signups open till Friday night (PST), then finalize the setup over the weekend, and game should start on Monday.

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:06 am UTC

Signup below:
1. Sabrar
2. LaserGuy
3. Jimbobmacdoodle
6. Znirk
8. plytho
9. adnapemit
10. SirGabriel
11. Madge

Replacements:
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

JustDanceUnlimited

Postby JustDanceUnlimited » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:07 am UTC

Madge wrote:

Signup below:
1. Sabrar
2. LaserGuy
3. Jimbobmacdoodle
6. Znirk
8. plytho
9. adnapemit
10. SirGabriel
11. Madge
12.JustDanceForever

Replacements:

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:08 am UTC

Signup below:
1. Sabrar
2. LaserGuy
3. Jimbobmacdoodle
6. Znirk
8. plytho
9. adnapemit
10. SirGabriel
11. Madge
12.JustDanceForever
13. mpolo (flavorblind…)

Replacements:
Image <-- Evil experiment

SDK

Postby SDK » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:57 pm UTC

Signup below:
1. Sabrar
2. LaserGuy
3. Jimbobmacdoodle
6. Znirk
8. plytho
9. adnapemit
10. SirGabriel
11. Madge
12.JustDanceForever
13. mpolo (flavorblind…)

Replacements:
1. SDK (I probably shouldn't even do this - I reserve the right to say no, just in case!)
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:58 pm UTC

Signup below:
1. Sabrar
2. LaserGuy
3. Jimbobmacdoodle
6. Znirk
8. plytho
9. adnapemit
10. SirGabriel
11. Madge
12.JustDanceForever
13. mpolo (flavorblind…)
14. Carlington

Replacements:
1. SDK (I probably shouldn't even do this - I reserve the right to say no, just in case!)
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:52 am UTC

Signups for Diablo are now closed (with 15 people). However, if anyone really wants to play, message me directly asap. PMs will go out in about 24 hours.

JustDanceUnlimited

Postby JustDanceUnlimited » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:11 pm UTC

The Villagers has finally found a werewolf , after many innocent death's and a bunch of false-claiming ( villager or not ) , they finally can have their peace.A few week's later 10 suspiciuous suppose 'tourist' people enter the Village , after the arrival of the ' tourist group ' , they have been a rumor by the Seer that the tourist are not who the seem. The Village is suspicious about the tourist's and send's them to a smaller Vilalge to sort out their problem's. The Seer notifies them that the ' tourist group ' has a special ability , every single 1 of them . Thus the secret is out and most of the Tourist's trying to help out each other or betray 1 another , helpful roles such as The Priest cleansing the Village , the Marksman who know's information of 2 different player's and not so helpful roles such the Instigator , Hypnotizing a player to betray their own team , and the Disease with her horribly deadly virus . The Vampires are secretly trying to convert the village and Kill anyone who gets in their way , The Renfield has not been completely turned into a Vampire YET ! , and while waiting for the approval of the Master and The Count he will try and help them destroy the village , the downfall is his whenever he try and gets approval he makes so much noise that the town has suspicious that their a is a Traitor among them . While the tourist is trying to save the village from being destroyed by the Vampires . The Assassin is trying to kill his long arch enemy that betray him for money and leave the village quietly , but he is aware that his own enemy has been watching his every move and is trying to kill him .
The Night has just begun...... after the Dusk phase is done that is ;)
(Im very horribly writing stories :( Sorry)

Mod: JustDanceUnlimted
Size: At least 6, maximum 12 .
Speed: Fast. 6 days for the entire game . 1 night phase and 1 day phase . The day phase is 4 days and the night phase is 2 night
Bastardry:Every role will be told . No night action will be reveal except marks
Setup: Completely open , No vanilla roles :D
Flavor: I dont know how to answer this :(

Signup below:

Replacements:

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:55 am UTC

The Villagers has finally found a werewolf , after many innocent death's and a bunch of false-claiming ( villager or not ) , they finally can have their peace.A few week's later 10 suspiciuous suppose 'tourist' people enter the Village , after the arrival of the ' tourist group ' , they have been a rumor by the Seer that the tourist are not who the seem. The Village is suspicious about the tourist's and send's them to a smaller Vilalge to sort out their problem's. The Seer notifies them that the ' tourist group ' has a special ability , every single 1 of them . Thus the secret is out and most of the Tourist's trying to help out each other or betray 1 another , helpful roles such as The Priest cleansing the Village , the Marksman who know's information of 2 different player's and not so helpful roles such the Instigator , Hypnotizing a player to betray their own team , and the Disease with her horribly deadly virus . The Vampires are secretly trying to convert the village and Kill anyone who gets in their way , The Renfield has not been completely turned into a Vampire YET ! , and while waiting for the approval of the Master and The Count he will try and help them destroy the village , the downfall is his whenever he try and gets approval he makes so much noise that the town has suspicious that their a is a Traitor among them . While the tourist is trying to save the village from being destroyed by the Vampires . The Assassin is trying to kill his long arch enemy that betray him for money and leave the village quietly , but he is aware that his own enemy has been watching his every move and is trying to kill him .
(Im very horribly writing stories :( Sorry)

Speed: Fast. 6 days for the entire game . 1 night phase and 1 day phase . The day phase is 4 days and the night phase is 2 night

Signup below:
1. Madge

Replacements:
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

ahippo

Postby ahippo » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:19 am UTC

Signup below:
1. Madge
2. ahippo

Replacements:

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:50 am UTC

Signup below:
1. Madge
2. ahippo
3. Sabrar

Replacements:

JustDanceUnlimited

Postby JustDanceUnlimited » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:56 pm UTC

[quote="Sabrar"]The Villagers has finally found a werewolf , after many innocent death's and a bunch of false-claiming ( villager or not ) , they finally can have their peace.A few week's later the village had 10 unexpected 'tourist' visit the village , after the arrival of the ' tourist group ' , they have been a rumor by the Seer that the tourist are not who the seem. The Village is suspicious about the tourist's and send them to a smaller Village to sort out their problem's. The Seer notifies them that the ' tourist's ' has a special ability , every single 1 of them . Thus the secret is out and most of the Tourist's trying to help out each other or betray 1 another , helpful roles such as The Priest cleansing the Village , the Marksman who know's valuable information but will he reveal it?? and not so helpful villagers such as the Instigator , Hypnotizing a player to betray their own team , and the Disease with her horribly deadly virus that has spread to 1 of her neightbors. The Vampires are secretly trying to convert the village and Kill anyone who gets in their way , The Renfield is trying to be a Vampire and while waiting for the approval of The Master he will help them destroy the village , and The Count is scaring a villager and make them stay in bed till the Morning . While the tourist is trying to save the village from being destroyed by the Vampires , The Assassin is trying to kill his long arch enemy that betray him for money and love and now she has the perfect chance to kill her and blame it on the villager's , but she is aware that her own rival has been watching her and trying to get her killed too .
The Night has just begun ...... after the Dusk phase is done that is ;)
(Improved story :D )

Signup below:
1. Madge
2. ahippo
3. Sabrar

Replacements:
Please sign up for this guys :) ( New experience for those who never played One Night Games 8-) )

WorldTradeRichard

Postby WorldTradeRichard » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:19 am UTC

Seer that the tourist are not who the seem. The Village is suspicious about the tourist's and send them to a smaller Village to sort out their problem's. The Seer notifies them that the ' tourist's ' has a special ability , every single 1 of them . Thus the secret is out and most of the Tourist's trying to help out each other or betray 1 another , helpful roles such as The Priest cleansing the Village , the Marksman who know's valuable information but will he reveal it?? and not so helpful villagers such as the Instigator , Hypnotizing a player to betray their own team , and the Disease with her horribly deadly virus that has spread to 1 of her neightbors. The Vampires are secretly trying to convert the village and Kill anyone who gets in their way , The Renfield is trying to be a Vampire and while waiting for the approval of The Master he will help them destroy the village , and The Count is scaring a villager and make them stay in bed till the Morning . While the tourist is trying to save the village from being destroyed by the Vampires , The Assassin is trying to kill his long arch enemy that betray him for money and love and now she has the perfect chance to kill her and blame it on the villager's , but she is aware that her own rival has been watching her and trying to get her killed too .

Signup below:
1. Madge
2. ahippo
3. Sabrar
4.WorldTradeRichard

Replacements:
Please sign up for this guys :) ( New experience for those who never played One Night Games 8-) )
When I'm Down
And I'm So Stressed
I just turn it Around
and get Desserts
If you fill a glass halfway, it's halfway full. If you empty half of a glass, it's half empty.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:38 am UTC

Seer that the tourist are not who the seem. The Village is suspicious about the tourist's and send them to a smaller Village to sort out their problem's. The Seer notifies them that the ' tourist's ' has a special ability , every single 1 of them . Thus the secret is out and most of the Tourist's trying to help out each other or betray 1 another , helpful roles such as The Priest cleansing the Village , the Marksman who know's valuable information but will he reveal it?? and not so helpful villagers such as the Instigator , Hypnotizing a player to betray their own team , and the Disease with her horribly deadly virus that has spread to 1 of her neightbors. The Vampires are secretly trying to convert the village and Kill anyone who gets in their way , The Renfield is trying to be a Vampire and while waiting for the approval of The Master he will help them destroy the village , and The Count is scaring a villager and make them stay in bed till the Morning . While the tourist is trying to save the village from being destroyed by the Vampires , The Assassin is trying to kill his long arch enemy that betray him for money and love and now she has the perfect chance to kill her and blame it on the villager's , but she is aware that her own rival has been watching her and trying to get her killed too .

Signup below:
2. ahippo
3. Sabrar
4.WorldTradeRichard

Replacements:

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:38 pm UTC

Signup below:
2. ahippo
3. Sabrar
4.WorldTradeRichard
5. mpolo (provided this starts Monday 27 or later!)

Replacements:
Image <-- Evil experiment

JustDanceUnlimited

Postby JustDanceUnlimited » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:25 am UTC

mpolo wrote:Seer that the tourist are not who the seem. The Village is suspicious about the tourist's and send them to a smaller Village to sort out their problem's. The Seer notifies them that the ' tourist's ' has a special ability , every single 1 of them . Thus the secret is out and most of the Tourist's trying to help out each other or betray 1 another , helpful roles such as The Priest cleansing the Village , the Marksman who know's valuable information but will he reveal it?? and not so helpful villagers such as the Instigator , Hypnotizing a player to betray their own team , and the Disease with her horribly deadly virus that has spread to 1 of her neightbors. The Vampires are secretly trying to convert the village and Kill anyone who gets in their way , The Renfield is trying to be a Vampire and while waiting for the approval of The Master he will help them destroy the village , and The Count is scaring a villager and make them stay in bed till the Morning . While the tourist is trying to save the village from being destroyed by the Vampires , The Assassin is trying to kill his long arch enemy that betray him for money and love and now she has the perfect chance to kill her and blame it on the villager's , but she is aware that her own rival has been watching her and trying to get her killed too .

Signup below:
2. ahippo
3. Sabrar
4.WorldTradeRichard
5. mpolo (provided this starts Monday 27 or later!)

Replacements:

Return to “Mafia”