Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Snark

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby Snark » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:18 pm UTC

Fun With Voting!

Mod: Lataro
Size: Medium (8-12)
Complexity: Yes
Bastardry: Possible, nothing that isn't part of the setup though, pry par for one of my games.
Type: Closed

This game will have each player with a power that is used by their vote for a player. In this game, hammer will NOT end a game day, days will only end when all players say they are ready for it to end, OR if deadline is reached. This will lead to some non-standard lynch mechanics, and will account for most of the bastardry and complexity. I will start this game as soon as it fills out, or in a bit less than a week, whatever comes first. If I do not get at least 8 people, I will be dropping my game.

Signups:
1. wam
2. Snark [bringing back brackets]

Replacements: I'd rather not use replacements, I feel like it ruins the game. I will accept them, but please, if you sign up, do so willing to commit to the game.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:58 pm UTC

I was under the impression that complexity was supposed to be on a scale, not a "yes or no" answer.

"how complex is it?" "Yes."
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:22 am UTC

Sorry about the Category "D" disappearance, I was going to try to do that, but my training for my new job just ate so much of my time that I cannot focus on anything.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:13 am UTC

Fun With Voting!

Bastardry: Possible, nothing that isn't part of the setup though, pry par for one of my games.

This game will have each player with a power that is used by their vote for a player. In this game, hammer will NOT end a game day, days will only end when all players say they are ready for it to end, OR if deadline is reached. This will lead to some non-standard lynch mechanics, and will account for most of the bastardry and complexity. I will start this game as soon as it fills out, or in a bit less than a week, whatever comes first. If I do not get at least 8 people, I will be dropping my game.

Signups:
1. wam
12. Vytron (who wants to be number 10?... oh wait, that joke doesn't work here...)

Replacements: I'd rather not use replacements, I feel like it ruins the game. I will accept them, but please, if you sign up, do so willing to commit to the game.
Go! Go! You can do it username5243!
Cheers Marsh'n!

THANKS KARHELL!! :)

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:29 pm UTC

Fun With Voting!

Signups:
1. wam
3. Adam H
12. Vytron (who wants to be number 10?... oh wait, that joke doesn't work here...)

-Adam

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:19 pm UTC

Turbo Bastard in which Adacore Tries to Kill Everyone

Mod: Adacore
Size: Turbo, ~11 players
Complexity: None, except for that caused by the bastardry
Bastardry: Type C. The bastardry stems from the fact that I (the mod) will actively ignore one night action each night in order to try and engineer the game such that everyone is dead by the end.
Type: Open

This will be a fairly vanilla game, except for the bastardry mentioned above. I designed it for 11 players, but can probably adjust that up/down if required. Testing implies that it should be fairly balanced, and run for an average of 4 Days.

11-player role list and special rules:
Spoiler:
Acolyte of the Mod - wins if the mod wins, has a 1-shot suicide kill as a day action
Mafia Godfather - controls the mafia kill
Mafia Roleblocker - loses roleblock and gains mafia kill if the Godfather dies
Mafia Rolecop - loses rolecop and gains mafia kill if the Godfather and Roleblocker both die
Serial Killer
Vanilla Town
Vanilla Town
Town Roleblocker
Town Cop
Town Doctor
Town Vigilante

Most rules are as default in a vanilla game; in addition:

The mod is trying to win the game by having every player dead by the end, so no other faction can claim victory (except the mod's faithful acolyte).
Each night the mod may ignore one action of his choice.
Lynch occurs if one player has a majority of the votes, or if all players are voting after 48 hours of each Day.
If all players are voting and the lynch is tied, the mod decides who to lynch; in the case of a 1-1 tie there will be no lynch.
If the mod can no longer win, he will not mess with the game - it becomes a normal open vanilla turbo.
If any player has not posted for 4 days, the mod will replace them or modkill them.
If the game hasn't ended by the end of the turbo deadline (21 days), all remaining players will be modkilled and the mod wins.
Nights will last 48 hours, or until all actions are submitted, whichever comes first (if I miss the 48 hour deadline, I may add time onto the total game time limit).
If two players with kill powers are left alive at the end, they kill each other and the mod wins.
If the acolyte and one other player are left alive at the end, the acolyte automatically uses his power and the mod wins.
If the town cop targets the acolyte, the mod will block that action (this is not in addition to the normal block, so would be the only action blocked that night).

Signups:

Replacements:

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:07 am UTC

Bastardry: Type C. The bastardry stems from the fact that I (the mod) will actively ignore one night action each night in order to try and engineer the game such that everyone is dead by the end.

This will be a fairly vanilla game, except for the bastardry mentioned above. I designed it for 11 players, but can probably adjust that up/down if required. Testing implies that it should be fairly balanced, and run for an average of 4 Days.

Spoiler:
Acolyte of the Mod - wins if the mod wins, has a 1-shot suicide kill as a day action
Mafia Rolecop - loses rolecop and gains mafia kill if the Godfather and Roleblocker both die
Serial Killer
Vanilla Town
Vanilla Town
Town Roleblocker
Town Cop
Town Doctor
Town Vigilante

The mod is trying to win the game by having every player dead by the end, so no other faction can claim victory (except the mod's faithful acolyte).
Lynch occurs if one player has a majority of the votes, or if all players are voting after 48 hours of each Day.
If all players are voting and the lynch is tied, the mod decides who to lynch; in the case of a 1-1 tie there will be no lynch.
If the mod can no longer win, he will not mess with the game - it becomes a normal open vanilla turbo.
If any player has not posted for 4 days, the mod will replace them or modkill them.
If the game hasn't ended by the end of the turbo deadline (21 days), all remaining players will be modkilled and the mod wins.
Nights will last 48 hours, or until all actions are submitted, whichever comes first (if I miss the 48 hour deadline, I may add time onto the total game time limit).
If two players with kill powers are left alive at the end, they kill each other and the mod wins.
If the acolyte and one other player are left alive at the end, the acolyte automatically uses his power and the mod wins.
If the town cop targets the acolyte, the mod will block that action (this is not in addition to the normal block, so would be the only action blocked that night).

Signups:
6. Lataro (Mind as well as end the winning streak to a bastard game!)

Replacements:
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:16 am UTC

Spoiler:
Serial Killer
Vanilla Town
Vanilla Town
Town Roleblocker
Town Cop
Town Doctor
Town Vigilante

Signups:
7. BoomFrog (Might as well...)

Replacements:
Last edited by BoomFrog on Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:19 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:18 am UTC

I've never played mafia on a forum before, just many games of The Resistance and some at http://www.epicmafia.com, so hopefully I'm doing this right.

Seems like a pretty suitable setup to break my teeth on with fairly vanilla rules and the excitement of fighting the mod!

~~~~~~

Spoiler:
Serial Killer
Vanilla Town
Vanilla Town
Town Roleblocker
Town Cop
Town Doctor
Town Vigilante

Signups:
1. Madge

Replacements:
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

bluebambue
An der schönen blauen Donau

Postby bluebambue » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:00 am UTC

Spoiler:
Serial Killer
Vanilla Town
Vanilla Town
Town Roleblocker
Town Cop
Town Doctor
Town Vigilante

Signups:
1. Madge
8. bluebambue (Mi)

Replacements:

New User

Postby New User » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:52 am UTC

Fun With Voting!

Signups:
1. wam
3. Adam H
4. New User [/bringing]

Snark

Postby Snark » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:16 am UTC

Spoiler:
Serial Killer
Vanilla Town
Vanilla Town
Town Roleblocker
Town Cop
Town Doctor
Town Vigilante

Signups:
1. Madge
2. Snark (Hello Madge!)
8. bluebambue (Mi)

Replacements:
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

ArDeeJ
Bastet Case

Postby ArDeeJ » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:21 am UTC

Spoiler:
Serial Killer
Vanilla Town
Vanilla Town
Town Roleblocker
Town Cop
Town Doctor
Town Vigilante

Signups:
1. Madge
2. Snark (Hello Madge!)
4. Ardeej ()
8. bluebambue (Mi)

Replacements:
puzzles (bad) | tweets (worse) | they pronouns

KrO2

Postby KrO2 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:56 am UTC

Spoiler:
Serial Killer
Vanilla Town
Vanilla Town
Town Roleblocker
Town Cop
Town Doctor
Town Vigilante

Signups:
1. Madge
2. Snark (Hello Madge!)
4. Ardeej ()
8. bluebambue (Mi)
11. KrO2 (Absolutely!)

Replacements:

wam

Postby wam » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:14 am UTC

Spoiler:
Serial Killer
Vanilla Town
Vanilla Town
Town Roleblocker
Town Cop
Town Doctor
Town Vigilante

Signups:
1. Madge
2. Snark (Hello Madge!)
4. Ardeej ()
8. bluebambue (Mi)
9. wam
11. KrO2 (Absolutely!)

Replacements:
Come join us playing mafia signup here

Xenomortis
Not actually a special flower.

Postby Xenomortis » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:40 am UTC

Spoiler:

Signups:
1. Madge
2. Snark (Hello Madge!)
3. Xenomortis
4. Ardeej ()
8. bluebambue (Mi)
9. wam
11. KrO2 (Absolutely!)

Replacements:

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:07 am UTC

Spoiler:

Signups:
1. Madge
2. Snark (Hello Madge!)
3. Xenomortis
4. Ardeej ()
8. bluebambue (Mi)
9. wam
10. Vytron (wow, this game filled very fast, how do you do it?)
11. KrO2 (Absolutely!)

Replacements:
Cheers Marsh'n!

lynx

Postby lynx » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:18 am UTC

Spoiler:

Signups:
1. Madge
2. Snark (Hello Madge!)
3. Xenomortis
4. Ardeej ()
8. bluebambue (Mi)
9. wam
11. KrO2 (Absolutely!)

Replacements:
1. lynx

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:55 am UTC

Ignore this post, reading fail on my part DX
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

Xenomortis
Not actually a special flower.

Postby Xenomortis » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:07 pm UTC

I'm not actually sure what is meant by the power/voting thing (is your power used on the person you vote for), but I'll go with it anyway.

Fun With Voting!

Signups:
1. wam
3. Adam H
4. New User [/bringing]
5. Xenomortis

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:11 pm UTC

Spoiler:

Signups:
1. Madge
2. Snark (Hello Madge!)
3. Xenomortis
4. Ardeej ()
5. Suzaku (朱雀)
8. bluebambue (Mi)
9. wam
11. KrO2 (Absolutely!)

Replacements:
1. lynx
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:00 pm UTC

Spoiler:

Signups:
1. Madge
2. Snark (Hello Madge!)
3. Xenomortis
4. Ardeej ()
5. Suzaku (朱雀)
8. bluebambue (Mi)
9. wam
11. KrO2 (Absolutely!)

Replacements:
1. lynx
2. mpolo (so slow to look at the available games… If you're O.K. with 12, I'd be happy to start as well)
Image <-- Evil experiment

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:01 pm UTC

I'm not actually sure what is meant by the power/voting thing (is your power used on the person you vote for), but I'll go with it anyway.

Fun With Voting!

Signups:
1. wam
3. Adam H
4. New User [/bringing]
5. Xenomortis
6. mpolo (Parentheses ahoy!)
Image <-- Evil experiment

t1mm01994

Postby t1mm01994 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:48 pm UTC

Fun With Voting!

Signups:
1. wam
3. Adam H
4. New User [/bringing]
5. Xenomortis
6. mpolo (Parentheses ahoy!)
7. Tim (wait, parentheses were gone? Dang...)
12. Vytron (who wants to be number 10?... oh wait, that joke doesn't work here...)[/quote]

Snark

Postby Snark » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:27 pm UTC

Tim is back!

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:30 am UTC

I'll be finalizing things and sending role PMs later tonight after I'm home from work, in about... 7 hours. We'll call 6 hours from now the deadline signup.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

cjquines

Postby cjquines » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:12 am UTC

Tim's back! I know that NCIS avatar anywhere!

wam

Postby wam » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:36 am UTC

Corporate 3

After all the issues in the preceding trips morale was at an all time low. So the boss decided what was in order was another team building exercise. This time with both departments and he would come along and show everyone how its done. Also this time it was based in a lovely medieval castle, what could go wrong.....

Mods:Wam and Snark
Setup: Open
Combination both my previous mini corporate games.
9 town 3 scum
Town each have 2 powers

Game days will last for 7RL days Night 48 hours. Deadlines on weekends will be avoided.

Signups

Replacements

lynx

Postby lynx » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:55 am UTC

Corporate 3

After all the issues in the preceding trips morale was at an all time low. So the boss decided what was in order was another team building exercise. This time with both departments and he would come along and show everyone how its done. Also this time it was based in a lovely medieval castle, what could go wrong.....

9 town 3 scum
Town each have 2 powers

Game days will last for 7RL days Night 48 hours. Deadlines on weekends will be avoided.

Signups
1. lynx (sounds complicated but I have to play after missing the second!)

Replacements

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:34 am UTC

Corporate 3

9 town 3 scum
Town each have 2 powers

Signups
2. Suzaku (I'll sign up for some ... training :P)

Replacements
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

wam

Postby wam » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:41 pm UTC

Corporate 3

9 town 3 scum
Town each have 2 powers

Signups

Replacements

Slow signups!!

Here is more detail on the setup to entice you in

Spoiler:
9 Town 3 Mafia

Town each have 2 powers randomly assigned.

There are 5 of the following 6 cops in the game
Sane (gives the correct alignment for a player)
Insane (gives the opposite alignment for a player)
Paranoid (Always gives a scum result
Naive (always gives a town result)
Random (gives a random result)
Gun toting (basically a 30% effective vig, but if no kill, sane)

There are 5 of the following 6 doctors in the game
Sane (protects the target from all NKs)
Insane (30% chance of killing the target)
Paranoid (The target is role-blocked as well as protected)
Naive (The target is not protected at all)
Weak (dies if the target is an anti town player)
CPR (if the player isn’t saved from a NK the doctor dies)

4 of the following 6 watcher powers

Sane - gets told everyone who visits their target
Insane - gets told everyone who didn't visit their target
Random - gets told a random number of people chosen at random
Paraniod - Jailkeeper, no actions work on target, target is also roleblocked
Gun toting - 30 % effective vig, sane otherwise
Naive - always gets told no one visited.

4 of the following 6 tracking powers
Sane - Gets told all targets visited
Insane - gets told two targets who the target didn't visit. (Always includes the NK target if possible)
Random - gets told 0-2 random targets
Paraniod - gets told their target visited the NK + 50% of the time, one other randomly chosen
Gun toting - 30% effective vig, sane otherwise
Naive - gets told a random person who wasn't the NK victim

There is 1 Mafia role cop (whose results include sanity)
There is 1 Mafia Roleblocker)
There is 1 Mafia goon (who always carries out the kill)
All mafia have laser pointers which they can use for their second target if they so desire.
The kill transfers from the goon to one of the other roles (chosen at random) if the goon is killed..

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:10 pm UTC

Corporate 3

9 town 3 scum
Town each have 2 powers

Signups
3. Vytron (Still no clear idea of the context...)

Replacements

Slow signups!!

Spoiler:
9 Town 3 Mafia

Insane - gets told two targets who the target didn't visit. (Always includes the NK target if possible)
Paraniod - gets told their target visited the NK + 50% of the time, one other randomly chosen

All mafia have laser pointers which they can use for their second target if they so desire.
The kill transfers from the goon to one of the other roles (chosen at random) if the goon is killed..
Cheers Marsh'n!

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:25 pm UTC

Corporate 3

9 town 3 scum
Town each have 2 powers

Signups
4. Dimochka (So wam can stop trying to kill me in every damn game!)

Replacements

Slow signups!!

Spoiler:
9 Town 3 Mafia

If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

New User

Postby New User » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:02 pm UTC

A replacement is needed for the Game of Thrones. Send a PM to me and Adam H if you are interested and available.

webby

Postby webby » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:01 pm UTC

Crush Mafia

Mod: webby
Size: 7 players
Complexity: Vanilla, newbie appropriate
Bastardry: None

A pretty simple set-up - two mafia, including a godfather who dies if his partner does, one lyncher and four vanilla town, one of which is unknowingly the lyncher's target. Target lynched ends game as a win for the lyncher. If both mafia are killed, the game ends in a win for town (lyncher loses). If the target is nightkilled, the lyncher becomes town (but the town is not informed of this.

New players get priority for spots, then I will fill the game by going down the list of the old players.

New players (<3 previous games):

Old players:

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:34 pm UTC

Crush Mafia

A pretty simple set-up - two mafia, including a godfather who dies if his partner does, one lyncher and four vanilla town, one of which is unknowingly the lyncher's target. Target lynched ends game as a win for the lyncher. If both mafia are killed, the game ends in a win for town (lyncher loses). If the target is nightkilled, the lyncher becomes town (but the town is not informed of this.

New players get priority for spots, then I will fill the game by going down the list of the old players.

Old players:
1. ConMan (I've got my Orange Crush ...)
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

natraj

Postby natraj » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:36 pm UTC

Crush Mafia

Old players:
7. natraj (i don't feel old i think i just RAILED four games in a very short time, haha)
You want to know the future, love? Then wait:
I'll answer your impatient questions. Still --
They'll call it chance, or luck, or call it Fate,
The cards and stars that tumble as they will.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:14 am UTC

Crush Mafia

1. Dimochka (after this game I think I no longer count as new)

Old players:
7. natraj (i don't feel old i think i just RAILED four games in a very short time, haha)
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:57 am UTC

Crush Mafia

1. Dimochka (after this game I think I no longer count as new)
2. Diemo (for game 3)

Old players:
7. natraj (i don't feel old i think i just RAILED four games in a very short time, haha)[/quote]
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:59 am UTC

Corporate 3

9 town 3 scum
Town each have 2 powers

Signups
4. Dimochka (So wam can stop trying to kill me in every damn game!)
5.Diemo (One game at a time. . . na!)

Replacements

Slow signups!!

Spoiler:
9 Town 3 Mafia

[/quote]
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

Return to “Mafia”