Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies - Town Win!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

MartinW

Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies - Town Win!

Postby MartinW » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:48 am UTC

It was a dark and stormy night and the XKCD lunatic asylum were transporting some patients along a high and dangerous cliff road. Then the accident happened, the driver turned around a massive crater in the ground to fast and the bus teetered over the edge. But luckily it did not fall, instead the bus went round and round the edge of the crater, descending slowly with the patients not really minding the 90 degree angle (they were used to much worse).

Descending slowly the driver and guards were just beginning to appreciate their extraordinary luck when there was a large hole in the side of the crater. The bus drove straight into it and fell into a dank and dark cave. In the crash most of the patients died, but 11 survived. There was also a twelfth person, who had left icy cold hand marks in the steel-backed chairs of the bus. But most of the patients weren't sure what the difference between a largish rock and a smallish elephant was so they didn't really notice this as well.

They decided to camp out while waiting for rescue. After sleeping in, on, under and next to sleeping bags (according to personal preference) they had a restful night. They woke up, to find a strange squiggly cultist symbol cut into a rock wall. But what really upset them or made them want some cherries was the surviving staff, all brutally murdered with what appears to be a ritual stone knife.

They decided that they must form a lynch mob! Or a tomato based fertilizer!

Remember everyone, this is a bastard mod game. I will be very nasty in ironic ways.

Players:
1. Rakysh Killed by his own Mystery Object. Town
2. mollusk
3. Kipper
4. Jar'O'Jam
5. korora
6. velvet_octopus
7. Brooklynxman
8. Master_Rahl22
6. Mega
10. Vieto
11. Frogman
12. Margi
Last edited by MartinW on Sat May 09, 2009 10:19 pm UTC, edited 4 times in total.

MartinW

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Postby MartinW » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:59 am UTC

No need to confirm as sign-ups were so quick.

It is now day 1

Margi

Postby Margi » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:00 am UTC

This should be interesting

Megatriorchis

Postby Megatriorchis » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:27 am UTC

Indeed it should!
The Humanity for the Undead Coalition: Bringing Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness to the Undead and Other Supernatural Humanoids. Zombies don't eat people; people eat people!

Jar'O'Jam

Postby Jar'O'Jam » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:50 am UTC

Hello, bastards! Or bulldogs? Or, perhaps, butterflies? I'm so confused :|
Agronica - my musical outlet for the past couple of years - give it a listen at Soundcloud

Margi

Postby Margi » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:08 am UTC

Maybe being a butterfly/bulldog or bastard is an indication of your role. . . lol that would be funny

MartinW

Postby MartinW » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:42 am UTC

AHOTheTUTHENTOHTHETHTUTTNhoTEhTUhTNhotNhaTA!

Master_Rahl22

Postby Master_Rahl22 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:50 am UTC

<Charlton Heston>You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!</Charlton Heston>

That is all.
"Master Rahl guide us. Master Rahl teach us. Master Rahl protect us. In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve. Our lives are yours."

The book, not the stupid tv show.

velvet_octopus

Postby velvet_octopus » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:47 pm UTC

This setting really reminds me of the book Dracula. Icy hands and an asylum and all of that.
<≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥>

Megatriorchis

Postby Megatriorchis » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:53 pm UTC

Well, it's obvious that vampires exist in this game. I mean, come on.
The Humanity for the Undead Coalition: Bringing Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness to the Undead and Other Supernatural Humanoids. Zombies don't eat people; people eat people!

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:46 pm UTC

Sweet. So maybe we have a Buffy from that one episode where she went insane....and thought that the entire series was her being insane?

So, speculations? Anyone? Or is this just too insane to try?
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:

frogman

Postby frogman » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:00 pm UTC

Whee! We're all mental patients, yay!
yeah yeah yeah

mollusk

Postby mollusk » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:50 pm UTC

You fools! It's clearly Bastard Bull / Dog Butterflies!
John Hodgman wrote:...while the truth may be stranger than fiction, it is never as strange as lies . . . or as true.

velvet_octopus

Postby velvet_octopus » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:51 pm UTC

Brooklynxman wrote: So, speculations? Anyone? Or is this just too insane to try?

I suppose if vampires aren't traditional scum, they could be cult-ish. I mean, instead of night-killing you, they convert you to be one of them. Which we would notice pretty quickly, if no one actually dies at night. Oh, ye gods!
<≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥>

Margi

Postby Margi » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:16 pm UTC

If we are up against vamps, what about a holy water-super soaker? (I'm plagiarizing)

Rakysh

Postby Rakysh » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:52 pm UTC

Hmm. I think I will try to spice up day one.

Use odd one-shot item on: Rakysh

korora

Postby korora » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:04 pm UTC

MartinW wrote:AHOTheTUTHENTOHTHETHTUTTNhoTEhTUhTNhotNhaTA!
Anyone have thoughts on this? Nothing is obviously decodable from it at first glance.
Last.fm|Steam|Xbox LIVE|23||
[8:22pm] cf: you know what i like?
[8:23pm] Tigerlion: what do you like, CF?
[8:23pm] cf: you guys
[8:24pm] cf: man...out of all the things that could have come to my head...that was by far the lamest

Rakysh

Postby Rakysh » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:09 pm UTC

korora wrote:
Anyone have thoughts on this? Nothing is obviously decodable from it at first glance.

AHOTheTUTHENTOHTHETHTUTTNhoTEhTUhTNhotNhaTA!

he ho h hot ha is the uncapitalised stuff.

At this moment in time, I think it is just gibberish designed to make conversation.

A quick googling got me nothing, as well.

MartinW

Postby MartinW » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:31 pm UTC

Suddenly Rakysh starts toying with a strange cone shaped object. He point it at himself and pokes it. It emits a horrible loud noise that's sure to wake up anyone sleeping. Then Rakysh finds out it's an emergency flare and the wrong end is pointed directly at him. Rakysh is burned to a crisp by massive white flames. Everybody else is blinded for a few seconds, but after they recover they toast marshmallows on his still burning corpse.

Rakysh is dead. He was a townie with a mystery object.

Rakysh,UETHOHHETetheHEEEEEEE!

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:36 pm UTC

A hot the something Then To something the give up.

I thought since I saw a couple of words
MartinW wrote:
Rakysh,UETHOHHETetheHEEEEEEE!

I presume that was something about him dying? Maybe "Ooo Fire, WEEEEEE!"

Spoiler:

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:38 pm UTC

EBWOP:

Wait, townie with mysterious object that ended up killing him.......yeah.....ummmm.......

Spoiler:

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:38 pm UTC

Yay! food! ASGAQHSLHDHASKDAKHTATATJSIA!

He probably didn't know it was going to kill him, otherwise he wouldn't have targeted himself.

mollusk

Postby mollusk » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:42 pm UTC

Brooklynxman wrote:Wait, townie with mysterious object that ended up killing him.......yeah.....ummmm.......

Probably not the best way we could have started the day.
John Hodgman wrote:...while the truth may be stranger than fiction, it is never as strange as lies . . . or as true.

Rakysh

Postby Rakysh » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:43 pm UTC

Hmm. Well that could have gone better.

*floats away*

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:44 pm UTC

Crap, must pay closer attention, I was reading that post where he targets, read username, and assumed it was different
(I would have said use on myself, well, sometimes)

So we know the scum(cult, they drew a cult symbol) have a knife or something to carve the symbol in the wall.
And they go all Halloween-esque when released from mental facilities. And they may be vampires. Anything else?

Also, I recommend we tattoo crosses over all of our major arteries...wait, if the scum are vampires, how come there was blood everywhere?

and finally

mmmmmm marshmellows

DOUBLE ninja;'d

Spoiler:

velvet_octopus

Postby velvet_octopus » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:58 pm UTC

Brooklynxman wrote: Also, I recommend we tattoo crosses over all of our major arteries...wait, if the scum are vampires, how come there was blood everywhere?

Post feeding-frenzy mess?

MartinW wrote:They woke up, to find a strange squiggly cultist symbol cut into a rock wall. But what really upset them or made them want some cherries was the surviving staff, all brutally murdered with what appears to be a ritual stone knife.

This doesn't say how much blood was inside the victims. I'm just getting a vampire vibe, I guess. Is there any way to observe whether the corpses were waxy and pale (more so than the regular dead, that is) or not?

MartinW

Postby MartinW » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:01 pm UTC

The corpses looked like regular stabbings, as regular as a stabbing with a stone knife is. No waxiness or anything.

Master_Rahl22

Postby Master_Rahl22 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:02 pm UTC

I doubt that the scum are vampires, I think that was some random comment about the book Dracula. Also, keep in mind that the mod told us several times that he intends to be a bastard mod, so I'm not sure we know anything other than that Rakysh is dead, we're down 1 townie, and there are 11 other players, with an ignorant majority and at least one in-the-know and anti-town minority. I think we all need to keep that in mind as the game progresses that the mod will take every opportunity for screwing with us, like giving a townie an item that kills people without informing that person of the item's use.

As for looking for scum, I haven't the slightest clue how to get that started. Anybody have an idea?
"Master Rahl guide us. Master Rahl teach us. Master Rahl protect us. In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve. Our lives are yours."

mollusk

Postby mollusk » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:06 pm UTC

I don't like how VO tried to muddy the waters with all that vampire stuff. FoS: VO

velvet_octopus

Postby velvet_octopus » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:18 pm UTC

MartinW wrote:The corpses looked like regular stabbings, as regular as a stabbing with a stone knife is. No waxiness or anything.

Okay, so vampires probably out then.

Master_Rahl22 wrote:I doubt that the scum are vampires, I think that was some random comment about the book Dracula. Also, keep in mind that the mod told us several times that he intends to be a bastard mod, so I'm not sure we know anything other than that Rakysh is dead, we're down 1 townie, and there are 11 other players, with an ignorant majority and at least one in-the-know and anti-town minority. I think we all need to keep that in mind as the game progresses that the mod will take every opportunity for screwing with us, like giving a townie an item that kills people without informing that person of the item's use.

As for looking for scum, I haven't the slightest clue how to get that started. Anybody have an idea?

Do we need to lynch someone today? If we are seriously in the dark, I'm not sure how randomly killing someone who is probably town will help the situation. I guess what I'm saying is, I will sit tight unless anyone has any ideas / says something horribly incriminating.

velvet_octopus

Postby velvet_octopus » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:20 pm UTC

Megatriorchis wrote:Well, it's obvious that vampires exist in this game. I mean, come on.

Margi wrote:If we are up against vamps, what about a holy water-super soaker? (I'm plagiarizing)

mollusk wrote:I don't like how VO tried to muddy the waters with all that vampire stuff. FoS: VO

Sorry. I got carried away when someone agreed with me. (And hey, it does read like Dracula. Except for the bus part.

Master_Rahl22

Postby Master_Rahl22 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:25 pm UTC

@Mollusk: I don't think VO was muddying the waters. I think he just misinterpreted the blood at the morning scene and somebody's random comment aboud Dracula.

@VO: Well we know that we've lost at least one killing power from the game, but we don't know how many more might be out there. There may be the mafia's NK, a Serial Killer and another vig out there for all we know. Also I'm not a big fan of no-lynch on day 1. Even if we hit town like we probably will, there is information to be gained from who voted and who didn't, as well as when they jumped on the wagon. If we go no-lynch today, and we have several nightkills tonight, we'll be that much closer to LyLo without much more information. The amount of information gained from a dead townie pales in comparison to the info gained from a dead scum, and if we don't lynch anybody it's highly unlikely we'll see dead scum.

velvet_octopus

Postby velvet_octopus » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:29 pm UTC

Fine. Then who do you propose we kill?

(Also, FYI: VO's a girl... just so you all know.)

Master_Rahl22

Postby Master_Rahl22 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:12 pm UTC

For one I'm starting to find mollusk suspicious for accusing VO of "muddying the waters" when I think it was incredibly clear that she wasn't.

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:27 pm UTC

I say instead of a lynch mod, tomato based fertilizer.

No VO. We lynch. Understood?

Spoiler:

Kipper

Postby Kipper » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:46 pm UTC

I'm close...
So close...
Soon, I shall understand...
Amy: (11:06:09 PM) ***Amy huggles Kipper
Amy: (11:06:13 PM) Amy: Leave my fishy alone.

[3:05pm] Amy: NO TOUCHING KIPPER
[3:05pm] Amy: MY FISHY!

mollusk

Postby mollusk » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:56 pm UTC

Master_Rahl22 wrote:For one I'm starting to find mollusk suspicious for accusing VO of "muddying the waters" when I think it was incredibly clear that she wasn't.

The first time she brought up vampires, maybe, but then she tries to start role speculation based on the vampire idea. That's clearly water-muddying and exactly what I would do if I were scum. Now she's pushing us for no-lynch which clearly helps scum and I'm the one that's suspicious. My FoS remains where it is.

mollusk

Postby mollusk » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:58 pm UTC

EBWOP:

Also, Kipper's kinda freaking me out :lol:

Kipper

Postby Kipper » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:02 pm UTC

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Perfect... What lovely data.
Amy: (11:06:09 PM) ***Amy huggles Kipper
Amy: (11:06:13 PM) Amy: Leave my fishy alone.

[3:05pm] Amy: NO TOUCHING KIPPER
[3:05pm] Amy: MY FISHY!

Margi

Postby Margi » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:06 pm UTC

I'm not sure if I should be able to read anything suspicious into one of the posts. . . this is so confusing o.O
Going to get some sleep then analyze everything again.

Return to “Mafia”