Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies - Town Win!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Postby Brooklynxman » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:16 pm UTC

Posting role speculation based on what you think is suspicious?

Also, I cant tell if Kipper is making stuff up or not. Like usual.

But then suggesting a nl?
FOS: VO and mollusk

Iz be watchin youz.
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
mollusk
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:55 pm UTC

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Postby mollusk » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:18 pm UTC

Kipper wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Perfect... What lovely data.


I think I just got investigated. If so, I'm a little nervous seeing that the odds of having a sane cop in this group of mental patients is pretty low.
John Hodgman wrote:...while the truth may be stranger than fiction, it is never as strange as lies . . . or as true.

User avatar
Kipper
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:33 am UTC

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Postby Kipper » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:20 pm UTC

Wonderful, WONDERFUL!
What is a man if not a little bubble of suspicions?
If not a little creamcake of fear...
Give me more! MORE!
I REQUIRE MORE DATA!
Amy: (11:06:09 PM) ***Amy huggles Kipper
Amy: (11:06:13 PM) Amy: Leave my fishy alone.

[3:05pm] Amy: NO TOUCHING KIPPER
[3:05pm] Amy: MY FISHY!

User avatar
Kipper
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:33 am UTC

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Postby Kipper » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:41 pm UTC

DATA DATA DATA DATA DATA DATA
Vote: Brooklynxman
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Amy: (11:06:09 PM) ***Amy huggles Kipper
Amy: (11:06:13 PM) Amy: Leave my fishy alone.

[3:05pm] Amy: NO TOUCHING KIPPER
[3:05pm] Amy: MY FISHY!

User avatar
Jar'O'Jam
Posts: 321
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:33 pm UTC

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Postby Jar'O'Jam » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:43 pm UTC

Yippie-kay-yay, Kipper has gone mental again
*sticks a syringe with sedative in Kipper*
Image
Agronica - my musical outlet for the past couple of years - give it a listen at Soundcloud

User avatar
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Postby Brooklynxman » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:45 pm UTC

*sigh*

You know what, given the lack of info on Kipper and lack of bandwagon on me, I am going to just ignore that for now. If anyone else feels it is suspicious enough to lynch Kipp (I dont want to start a bandwagon as I am not going to be able to judge impartially right now), I would gladly join the bandwagon.

Until then I think my opinion on Kipp is tainted for now.
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Kipper
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:33 am UTC

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Postby Kipper » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:47 pm UTC

Tainted? TAINTED?
THE ONLY TAINT IS FROM THE VIAL OF POISON THAT FOUL JAM INSERTED INTO MY FLESH.
MY TEMPLE!
YOU CANNOT HURT ME IN MY TEMPLE!!
But HM! Futile attempts, interesting, INTERESTING!
Amy: (11:06:09 PM) ***Amy huggles Kipper
Amy: (11:06:13 PM) Amy: Leave my fishy alone.

[3:05pm] Amy: NO TOUCHING KIPPER
[3:05pm] Amy: MY FISHY!

User avatar
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Postby Brooklynxman » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:51 pm UTC

Someone poisoned Kipper? Or he was a mental patient who is was on meds (injections), and now without them has well....degraded (and has to post like this, wouldnt be suprised).
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
mollusk
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:55 pm UTC

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Postby mollusk » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:01 pm UTC

Kipper wrote:DATA DATA DATA DATA DATA DATA
Vote: Brooklynxman
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA


Did you have an investigation, Kipper? Maybe a yes or no answer this time?
John Hodgman wrote:...while the truth may be stranger than fiction, it is never as strange as lies . . . or as true.

User avatar
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Postby Brooklynxman » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:12 pm UTC

mollusk wrote:
Kipper wrote:DATA DATA DATA DATA DATA DATA
Vote: Brooklynxman
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA


Did you have an investigation, Kipper? Maybe a yes or no answer this time?


I'm not expecting a straight answer (although I would gladly welcome one, as I am curious). Not to sound scummy (it will, but hear me out, and someone else already mentioned it) but even if Kipper has one, I doubt it is sane. Now what it is I would be interested to learn (insane would be the most useful obviously, if we can figure it out in time and get enough info to prove/strongly suspect it), however, seeing as this is a bastard mod game, who knows.

Now, with that said: I think we have either scum and a vampire or cult and a vampire. I think the vampire will function the same as an sk (why not?).
Note by vampire, this can be interchanged with any humanoid mythical/evil creature, but prolly a vampire.

I also suspect the "scum" is going to be simply a cult. I base this on:
1. Bastard game, why not make things different to mess with people
2. Cultish symbol carved in wall along with bloodbath, the word was specifically used "cultish"

If there is no vampire, then I still suspect an sk, based on this being a group of crazies and a bastard mod game.
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Kipper
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:33 am UTC

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Postby Kipper » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:34 am UTC

Investigation?
Hehehehehe.
Hahahahahaha.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
I'm investigating every last one of you...
YES, GRANT ME THE DATA, I AM CLOSE TO COMPLETION.
Amy: (11:06:09 PM) ***Amy huggles Kipper
Amy: (11:06:13 PM) Amy: Leave my fishy alone.

[3:05pm] Amy: NO TOUCHING KIPPER
[3:05pm] Amy: MY FISHY!

User avatar
velvet_octopus
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:45 am UTC
Location: 〈x〉 = ∫ dx ψ*(x,t) x ψ(x,t)

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Postby velvet_octopus » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:16 am UTC

I'd like to point out that I'm not opposed to lynching. I just would like, I don't know, some reason to kill someone besides "you smell funny". And since I don't have one yet, I will not place a vote yet. That said, I am not opposed to hopping on a bandwagon in order to move the game forward. I just don't want to drive it. (The wagon, that is).

If I am hearing correctly, multiple people are telling me that lynching off of little-to-no information is a good opening tactic. Okay, I'm game. (Sorry if I seem wishy-washy - still learning the ropes here.)
<≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥>

User avatar
Vieto
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:44 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Postby Vieto » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:20 am UTC

but driving the wagon is the only real way to get you're opinion voiced. Just hopping on the wagon just shows 'yes, I agree with you', put in some other details to sound convincing, and you blend in.

User avatar
korora
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:15 pm UTC

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Postby korora » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:09 am UTC

OK, I've been drinking all day, but this is a point of personal policy:

Vote: Velvet Octopus

Because I hate it when people try to get a no-lynch going. MaJ and I both have walls of text in Nickrole 2 explaining why no lynch is BAD. Long story short, not lynching anybody lets the scum slide through D1 without voicing an opinion, and doesn't help the town at all.

That said, I do get scum vibes from Brook... so it's entirely possible that I'll move my vote over thataways.
Last.fm|Steam|Xbox LIVE|23||
[8:22pm] cf: you know what i like?
[8:23pm] Tigerlion: what do you like, CF?
[8:23pm] cf: you guys
[8:24pm] cf: man...out of all the things that could have come to my head...that was by far the lamest

User avatar
velvet_octopus
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:45 am UTC
Location: 〈x〉 = ∫ dx ψ*(x,t) x ψ(x,t)

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Postby velvet_octopus » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:05 am UTC

korora wrote:Vote: Velvet Octopus

Because I hate it when people try to get a no-lynch going.


But I'm not anymore . . .

velvet_octopus wrote:I'd like to point out that I'm not opposed to lynching. I just would like, I don't know, some reason to kill someone besides "you smell funny". And since I don't have one yet, I will not place a vote yet.

korora wrote: Long story short, not lynching anybody lets the scum slide through D1 without voicing an opinion, and doesn't help the town at all.


I understand.

And so, without further ado

Vote: mollusk

For accusing me of starting the vampire stuff when I certainly wasn't the first person to use the word vampire. (Hint: that was Mega. Who said it was obvious.) For jumping on me without bad provocation. For telling me not to speculate after Brooklynxman else asked for speculation. And also, so that I am not on any bandwagon except the let's-lynch-someone wagon. (Yes, folks, I do succumb to peer pressure.)

Also, I'm feeling a mite vindictive, because mollusk started the vote against me in the first place.
<≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥>

User avatar
mollusk
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:55 pm UTC

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Postby mollusk » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:05 am UTC

Muddying the waters with that vampire stuff, trying to get a no-lynch going, now OMGUSing me.

vote: VO
John Hodgman wrote:...while the truth may be stranger than fiction, it is never as strange as lies . . . or as true.

Megatriorchis
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:41 am UTC
Location: Hothlanta

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Postby Megatriorchis » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:49 am UTC

VO does seem pretty scummy.

Vpte: VO

No-lynch = bad
The Humanity for the Undead Coalition: Bringing Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness to the Undead and Other Supernatural Humanoids. Zombies don't eat people; people eat people!

User avatar
korora
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:15 pm UTC

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Postby korora » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:56 am UTC

velvet_octopus wrote:I'd like to point out that I'm not opposed to lynching. I just would like, I don't know, some reason to kill someone besides "you smell funny". And since I don't have one yet, I will not place a vote yet. That said, I am not opposed to hopping on a bandwagon in order to move the game forward. I just don't want to drive it. (The wagon, that is).

If I am hearing correctly, multiple people are telling me that lynching off of little-to-no information is a good opening tactic. Okay, I'm game. (Sorry if I seem wishy-washy - still learning the ropes here.)
This is what I voted on, for the record. You say you're not opposed to lynching, but you make sure to slip some arguments against it into your post. And to be fair, I wasn't really planning on getting you lynched. Since a couple people have piled on and I think this is premature,

Unvote: Velvet Octopus

I'm a little conflicted about who to actually vote, though. Mollusk and Brook were really fast to try and cast doubt on a potential cop when they thought they were investigated.

That's slightly more understandable coming from Brook, since Kipper voted him, so presumably if Kipper's a cop then he's voting because he got scum on BLM. He strikes me as scummy, though, because it looks like he's playing from a position of trying to prove to us all that he's town. Even before anyone suspected him, his posts come off as trying too hard to seem town. His post about being willing to bandwagon on Kipper also reads like he's trying to feel out the town for a potential townie lynch.

Mollusk also looks pretty bad to me. I'm going to save my reasons for now, but I do have them. I'm finding Brook more suspect at this particular moment, so I'll

Vote: Brooklynxman
Last.fm|Steam|Xbox LIVE|23||
[8:22pm] cf: you know what i like?
[8:23pm] Tigerlion: what do you like, CF?
[8:23pm] cf: you guys
[8:24pm] cf: man...out of all the things that could have come to my head...that was by far the lamest

User avatar
mollusk
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:55 pm UTC

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Postby mollusk » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:07 am UTC

korora wrote:presumably if Kipper's a cop then he's voting because he got scum on BLM.


He's literally an insane cop in a bastard mod game. What are the odds of his investigations coming out correctly? In this game, I'd say an investigation coming up scum means pretty much nothing.
John Hodgman wrote:...while the truth may be stranger than fiction, it is never as strange as lies . . . or as true.

User avatar
korora
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:15 pm UTC

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Postby korora » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:25 am UTC

Dude. Way to miss the point.
Last.fm|Steam|Xbox LIVE|23||
[8:22pm] cf: you know what i like?
[8:23pm] Tigerlion: what do you like, CF?
[8:23pm] cf: you guys
[8:24pm] cf: man...out of all the things that could have come to my head...that was by far the lamest

User avatar
mollusk
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:55 pm UTC

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Postby mollusk » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:47 am UTC

Sorry, but since you ended your post with "I think mollusk is scum but I won't say why" when I am town, I can't exactly agree with you. Maybe Brook seems suspicious, but as far as I can tell, Brook always seems a little suspicious so I'm not going to go by how he feels.
John Hodgman wrote:...while the truth may be stranger than fiction, it is never as strange as lies . . . or as true.

User avatar
Margi
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:44 pm UTC
Location: South Africa

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Postby Margi » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:09 am UTC

Vote: Brooklynxman

have a driving lesson in 10, will explain my reasons if any are wanted when I'm back.

User avatar
MartinW
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:00 pm UTC

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Postby MartinW » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:49 am UTC

Votes:
mollusk(1): velvet_octopus
Kipper(0): Brooklynxman
Jar'O'Jam(0):
korora(0): Brooklynxman
velvet_octopus(2): mollusk
Brooklynxman (3):
Master_Rahl22(0):
Mega(0): velvet_octopus
Vieto0):
Frogman(0):
Margi(0):Brooklynxman

7 to lynch

User avatar
Margi
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:44 pm UTC
Location: South Africa

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Postby Margi » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:31 pm UTC

Ok, here's how I see things:

Three people have been identified as suspicious:
1. Mollusk
2. Velvet Octopus
3. Brooklynxman (whom I too, voted for)

So, choice time.

Unvote: Brooklynxman
Why? After going through the posts again, I couldn't really find anything incriminating, except that Kipper voted for him. Problem is: Kipper seems mad. Maybe he's right, but I don't have enough faith in his mental abilities yet.

Now we have VO, the water-muddying one, and Mollusk, the anti-water-muddying one. On the one hand, I don't have extreme problems with VO's vampire suspicions. But it might also be an attempt by scum to seem "part" of the uninformed idiots group.

So, drrrrrrrrrrrrumrrrrrrrrrrroll:

Vote: VO

I am pro-lynch, even though we have a bit of an uncertain situation. The game needs to get going.

User avatar
velvet_octopus
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:45 am UTC
Location: 〈x〉 = ∫ dx ψ*(x,t) x ψ(x,t)

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Postby velvet_octopus » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:50 pm UTC

So if I understand this correctly, people don't like Brook because he voted for a Kipper, who is very potential a cop. Correct? I may potentially change my vote if either more evidence comes along or if we hit a gridlock. But right now I'm still irked at mollusk:

mollusk wrote:Sorry, but since you ended your post with "I think mollusk is scum but I won't say why" when I am town. . .


Oh, hey, mollusk? You're town? That's funny, so'm I! So listen, I'll not vote for you if you'll not vote for me, but as of now, I really hate being attacked. Plus, you just repeated yourself in your last argument . . . and you also voted against me twice without unvoting. Which makes it seem like I have more people against me than I do.

FoS: Brooklynxman
<≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥>

User avatar
Master_Rahl22
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:18 pm UTC
Location: Springfield, MO

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Postby Master_Rahl22 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:28 pm UTC

It's like a competition between mollusk, VO, and Brooklynxman to see who can be more scummy. Right now I really think VO is just confused and I think she's a new player too, so I'm willing to let more slide. I'm not sure whether I think mollusk or Brook is more scummy, and I won't have time for analysis until tomorrow. I'll save my vote for now.
"Master Rahl guide us. Master Rahl teach us. Master Rahl protect us. In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve. Our lives are yours."

The book, not the stupid tv show.

User avatar
mollusk
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:55 pm UTC

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Postby mollusk » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:37 pm UTC

It's kind of hard to defend yourself when the argument against you is "seems scummy". Can someone please explain why I appear so scummy and at least give me a chance to defend myself.
John Hodgman wrote:...while the truth may be stranger than fiction, it is never as strange as lies . . . or as true.

User avatar
korora
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:15 pm UTC

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Postby korora » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:07 pm UTC

Mollusk, I was specifically not attacking you, so there's no real reason to be defending yourself, especially since you only have one vote on you. What I think about you shouldn't have any impact on my arguments about Brook. I'd like to hear what you think about Brook. In any case, don't worry: I won't vote for you without saying why.

VO: A FoS is not a vote. You keep saying people have voted, when they've only FoS'd; FoS stands for "Finger of Suspicion" and is a way of expressing suspicion without voting.

Margi, did you read my arguments about Brook? If so, what did you think about them? If not, please do so. Either way, you appear to have ignored them.
Last.fm|Steam|Xbox LIVE|23||
[8:22pm] cf: you know what i like?
[8:23pm] Tigerlion: what do you like, CF?
[8:23pm] cf: you guys
[8:24pm] cf: man...out of all the things that could have come to my head...that was by far the lamest

User avatar
mollusk
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:55 pm UTC

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Postby mollusk » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:19 pm UTC

Yes, I'd like to defend myself now, because even though there's only one vote for me, the last three posts have all mentioned how "scummy" I am.

As for Brook:
I'm still not convinced Brook is scum. He always seems a little off in the games I've played with him, so I can't really go by feeling.

Casting suspicion on a cop's sanity in a game full of crazy people doesn't seem too much of a stretch.

When mentioned voting for Kipper, we weren't sure he was a cop and he was acting pretty crazy. I was suspicious of him too before we got more info out of him.

I'm leaving my vote where it is. (It's really nothing personal VO)
John Hodgman wrote:...while the truth may be stranger than fiction, it is never as strange as lies . . . or as true.

User avatar
korora
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:15 pm UTC

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Postby korora » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:39 pm UTC

Well, that's what I was waiting for. You can try to defend yourself now.

It's rather interesting that you don't find Brook scummy, mollusk. He posted again recently about how he thought vampires were in the game. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the entire reason you think VO is scummy is because she muddying the waters, in your view, by speculating based on vampiric roles. Not having any suspicions about Brook when he did the same thing, even after VO had given it up, is highly incriminating for both of you.

Another thing:
mollusk wrote:
Brooklynxman wrote:Wait, townie with mysterious object that ended up killing him.......yeah.....ummmm.......

Probably not the best way we could have started the day.
I've heard talking about how screwed the town is listed as a scumtell. Another mark against you.

You're both also incredibly eager to prove your towniness, as I mentioned before. That's a pretty solid scum-tell, in my book. Mollusk, when I mentioned suspicions of you, you instantly started to try and discredit my arguments against Brook. You picked out part of a line out of context and completely ignored what I was trying to say with it, and when I called you on it you claimed that you can't agree with someone who suspects you. That's an incredibly anti-town position to have, particularly as someone who a lot of people suspect right now. Someone suspecting you doesn't mean they're scum, it just means they look scummy, and a townie suspecting a townie happens all the time.

Anyways, long story short, I think Brook and mollusk are scum together. If there's a third scum, my next suspect is Margi, since she discarded arguments against the other two rather quickly. I still don't feel great about VO, but I'm willing to chalk it up to newness for the time being.
Last.fm|Steam|Xbox LIVE|23||
[8:22pm] cf: you know what i like?
[8:23pm] Tigerlion: what do you like, CF?
[8:23pm] cf: you guys
[8:24pm] cf: man...out of all the things that could have come to my head...that was by far the lamest

User avatar
mollusk
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:55 pm UTC

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Postby mollusk » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:18 pm UTC

You make some good points korora, and maybe I haven't been playing very well this game. I'll go ahead and unvote: VO. I didn't realize she was new here.

Re-reading Brook's last post, I see he does look pretty suspicious. More than can be explained by "that's how he plays". I'd still like to hear from him though.
John Hodgman wrote:...while the truth may be stranger than fiction, it is never as strange as lies . . . or as true.

User avatar
velvet_octopus
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:45 am UTC
Location: 〈x〉 = ∫ dx ψ*(x,t) x ψ(x,t)

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Postby velvet_octopus » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:43 pm UTC

@korora: Sorry, yes, I do get the difference between FoS and a vote, and now looking back I see that when I reviewed the posts I was just looking at bolded names and not being terribly attentive . . . (which I chalk up to sleep deprivation but you can chalk up to whatever you like.)

also: Unvote: mollusk

Because I said I would if he unvoted me. Which he did. (It was partially OMGUS, it's true.) However, that does not mean I don't suspect him. And I'm still suspicious of Brook as well, in light of what people are saying.

FoS: Brook and mollusk

I think at this point, I'd be willing to lynch either one (sorry, guys). They are the two most suspicious people other than myself, and hey, I'm all for self-preservation.
<≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥>

User avatar
Kipper
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:33 am UTC

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Postby Kipper » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:03 pm UTC

Such impressionable little men...
An opinion is so VITAL to the existence of a human!
Yet why are these two unwilling to form their own...
This data must go into my theory...
Amy: (11:06:09 PM) ***Amy huggles Kipper
Amy: (11:06:13 PM) Amy: Leave my fishy alone.

[3:05pm] Amy: NO TOUCHING KIPPER
[3:05pm] Amy: MY FISHY!

User avatar
MartinW
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:00 pm UTC

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Postby MartinW » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:22 pm UTC

I forgot to mention this, roleclaiming is allowed, unless your role forbids it.

User avatar
Master_Rahl22
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:18 pm UTC
Location: Springfield, MO

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Postby Master_Rahl22 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:24 pm UTC

Mollusk, what I meant by saying that you and Brook seemed scummy was that I was getting a vibe from you, and I would post my reasoning later when I had time. I agree with Korora that Brook and mollusk have been acting strangely, and discarding arguments against each other does make them both look even more suspicious. Brooklynxman has done some water-muddying that I'm not sure anybody caught.

Jar'Of'Jam said near the top of page 2
[quote=Jar'Of'Jam]*sticks a syringe with sedative in Kipper*[/quote]

Kipper's response was
[quote=Kipper]THE ONLY TAINT IS FROM THE VIAL OF POISON THAT FOUL JAM INSERTED INTO MY FLESH.[/quote]

To which Brook said
[quote=Brooklynxman]Someone poisoned Kipper? Or he was a mental patient who is was on meds (injections), and now without them has well....degraded (and has to post like this, wouldnt be suprised).[/quote]

Jar's initial action wasn't bolded which means it's not an in-game action, purely random posting. Since Kipper is already posting strangely, it would make sense to reference that. Brooklynxman's comment here seems like a very subtle attempt to go with his other not-so-subtle attempt to discredit Kipper in case Kipper turns out to be a cop. This is enough for me to vote on.

Vote: Brooklynxman
"Master Rahl guide us. Master Rahl teach us. Master Rahl protect us. In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve. Our lives are yours."

The book, not the stupid tv show.

User avatar
Master_Rahl22
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:18 pm UTC
Location: Springfield, MO

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Postby Master_Rahl22 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:34 pm UTC

EBWOP: How do you get the quotes to display with who said it?
"Master Rahl guide us. Master Rahl teach us. Master Rahl protect us. In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve. Our lives are yours."

The book, not the stupid tv show.

User avatar
korora
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:15 pm UTC

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Postby korora » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:46 pm UTC

Code: Select all

[quote="Master_Rahl22"]EBWOP: How do you get the quotes to display with who said it?[/quote]
I just use the quote button on the post itself, but your problem was you didn't put the names in quotation marks.
Last.fm|Steam|Xbox LIVE|23||
[8:22pm] cf: you know what i like?
[8:23pm] Tigerlion: what do you like, CF?
[8:23pm] cf: you guys
[8:24pm] cf: man...out of all the things that could have come to my head...that was by far the lamest

User avatar
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Postby Brooklynxman » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:54 pm UTC

Okay, I went through, and I seem to find MR22 scummy. But then I realized my entire case on him depended on him AND VO being scum, and I dont think VO is scum. So I went back, and could find only one person suspicious

mollusk.
role speculation? seriously? and not even half-way down page one?
you've got to be kidding.
Vote: mollusk

Also, I stand by what I said about Kipper. The likelyhood of any investigation by him being accurate is very very low. That being said, we don't even know if there was an investigation (For more on people doing flavor for the sake of flavor, and yet driving people mad: see Futuramafia (specifically NAR and pepsi/MR22).
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
korora
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:15 pm UTC

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Postby korora » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:04 pm UTC

Brook, can you elaborate on your reasons for voting mollusk? It's not entirely clear from that post.
Last.fm|Steam|Xbox LIVE|23||
[8:22pm] cf: you know what i like?
[8:23pm] Tigerlion: what do you like, CF?
[8:23pm] cf: you guys
[8:24pm] cf: man...out of all the things that could have come to my head...that was by far the lamest

User avatar
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Postby Brooklynxman » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:19 pm UTC

He FOS'ed VO, for the vampire thing, which is pretty much FOS'ing VO for...what exactly? role speculating?

And VO made what, 3 posts about it, then asked the mod and got it confirmed that it WASNT vampires (not that they arent in the game, but that scum arent vampires is settled).

also, it was the first thing VO did. Role speculation is USUALLY the first thing you do in a closed setup, as on D1 there isn't much to talk about.

All in all, mollusk seems to be the scummiest.

Also, I won't be here tomorrow (leaving in 40 minutes), or atleast almost guarenteed won't be here, so if you are going to lynch me (I wont deny the possibility seeing as people find me suspicious), please wait till Monday when I can defend myself against accusations.
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Image


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: plytho and 10 guests