Page 3 of 6

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:29 pm UTC
by MartinW
Votes:
mollusk(1):
Kipper(0): Brooklynxman
Jar'O'Jam(0):
korora(0): Brooklynxman
velvet_octopus(2):
Brooklynxman (3):mollusk
Master_Rahl22(0):Brooklynxman
Mega(0): velvet_octopus
Vieto(0):
Frogman(0):
Margi(0):velvet_octopus

7 to lynch

Also, Firefox spellchecker suggests Brookside or Brooklet for Brooklynxman.

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:32 pm UTC
by Kipper
Time, yes, the poor little lynxman is low on time.
Then why waste? Take your time now!

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:40 pm UTC
by Brooklynxman
MartinW wrote:Votes:
mollusk(1): velvet_octopus
Kipper(0): Brooklynxman
Jar'O'Jam(0):
korora(0): Brooklynxman
velvet_octopus(3):
Brooklynxman (3):mollusk
Master_Rahl22(0):Brooklynxman
Mega(0): velvet_octopus
Vieto0):
Frogman(0):
Margi(0):velvet_octopus

7 to lynch

Also, Firefox spellchecker suggests Brookside or Brooklet for Brooklynxman.


That list is hella complicated (but figured it out)

Now Kipper: If this is intentional and due to a role thing...gah, forget it.

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:15 am UTC
by velvet_octopus
Is this the wrong time to point out that mollusk unvoted me?

Anyway, it is looking pretty divided here, people. Since I am a patient of an asylum, I shall take this opportunity to cackle madly.

Ha ha ha haa! He he! Hoo! Hoo! Hoo! Ha-ha-ha-ha ha ha hahaa!

Whew! Now that that's out of my system . . . I'm interested in what Brooks has to say, if we do manage to politely wait that long before lynching. Very interested. It is so hard to defend oneself without simply digging a deeper hole, so I wouldn't be surprised if it turns into a speech about why we should lynch mollusk.

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:23 am UTC
by velvet_octopus
EBWOP: when I say "if we manage to wait", while I cannot predict the future with any accuracy, I do intend to wait until
a) Brook comes back and makes a speech
b) Some very incriminating evidence arrives (right now, I place evidence at somewhat-rather incriminating)
c) General consensus is that the group is too impatient to wait

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:54 pm UTC
by mollusk
I'm a little concerned that all the talk has been coming from the same five or six people (and Kipper's contributions are... strange at best).

I wouldn't be surprised if the scum were staying under the radar during this flak-fest about VO, Brook and me. Frogman is just plain gone, but I get the feeling JoJ and Vieto are deliberately staying under the radar. I'd like to hear something out of them soon.

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:01 pm UTC
by Jar'O'Jam
mollusk wrote:I'm a little concerned that all the talk has been coming from the same five or six people (and Kipper's contributions are... strange at best).

I wouldn't be surprised if the scum were staying under the radar during this flak-fest about VO, Brook and me. Frogman is just plain gone, but I get the feeling JoJ and Vieto are deliberately staying under the radar. I'd like to hear something out of them soon.

The best thing you'll hear from me at this late time is my snoring.

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:48 am UTC
by Master_Rahl22
I'm going to second the need to hear from a few more people, especially Brooklynxman, before his wagon gets pushed any further.

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:57 am UTC
by Kipper
Push the wagon?
What an odd statement to make!
Wagons are pulled...
INTERESTING, TRUELY INTERESTING!

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:18 am UTC
by frogman
Oh, hey, I'm back. Sorry fellas.

Thoughts:

1. This game is very confusing.
2. Kipper is being very confusing.
3. Brooklynxman is most likely lynch candidate right now.
4. My role is awesome.

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:35 am UTC
by mollusk
Okay, JoJ flies under the radar for days, then responds right when I mention my suspicions with the least helpful post ever.

Vote: JoJ to get things moving

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:52 am UTC
by korora
To get things moving... or to deflect suspicion from yourself and Brook? I don't see why we should vote a lurker when you two are such promising candidates.

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:16 am UTC
by Kipper
Such promising candidates?
Hmmmm, functional fixedness in murder?
Amazing...
It goes into my data pool...

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:18 am UTC
by Kipper
Hm! A fatal flaw!
Not functional fixedness, but confirmation bias!
HAHAHAHAHA IT SEEMS EVEN I AM NOT IMMUNE TO THE FATAL FLAWS OF HUMANITY!

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:37 am UTC
by frogman
Kipper, I order you to stop being so confusing.

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:52 am UTC
by mollusk
korora wrote:To get things moving... or to deflect suspicion from yourself and Brook? I don't see why we should vote a lurker when you two are such promising candidates.


I just don't want to see a townie get lynched because this thing escalated out of control. In Pokemafia, kipper and I were at each others throats, I got lynched, he got NK'd and we both came up town.

And yes, I'll divert attention off myself if I can because I'm town. It'll only help scum if I'm lynched today. Vote stays.

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:25 am UTC
by korora
Finding alternative lynch targets is all fine and good, but all you have to offer is a lurker. Not to mention that you're not deflecting suspicion from yourself, you're deflecting attention from Brook—who has more votes than you do—whose alignment you most likely don't know. If you do know his alignment, it's probably because you're both scum. And you and Brook haven't been at each other's throats... the rest of us have been at both your throats.

Kipper's not being that confusing. I'm getting the gist, and I generally agree with what he's had to say.

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:52 am UTC
by Margi
korora wrote:
Anyways, long story short, I think Brook and mollusk are scum together. If there's a third scum, my next suspect is Margi, since she discarded arguments against the other two rather quickly. I still don't feel great about VO, but I'm willing to chalk it up to newness for the time being.


Think I should address your suspicion, Korora. Although it doesn't look like you're decidedly after me yet, to avoid any further misunderstandings I will explain my actions and votes.

The problem is me 'discarding' your arguments about VO and brooklynxman. You unvoted VO because (if I understand correctly) she proved that she wasn't against lynching by casting a vote, and that you felt it premature to start bandwagoning on her. (please correct me if I made the wrong conclusion)
Then you voted brooklynxman because he is trying too hard to look like town.

Now, I unvoted brooklynxman because I felt that there was insufficient evidence against him. When you asked me about not taking your arguments into account, I looked at them again. I understand why it seems he is 'trying too hard', but I can't really say that I suspect him enough to vote. He does seem to be getting weirder (scummier), so lets say:
FoS: Brooklynxman

Next, VO. Some of her posts are explained by her being a bit new to the game. Also, she took away that no-lynch-is-bad-we-suspect-you thing by voting. (for mollusk, I think.) I really don't like changing my votes too much. I've already gone back on brooklynxman. But to give VO some more time to prove herself town(or not), lets also say:
Fos: VO

Will post some more thoughts in a bit.

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:24 am UTC
by Jar'O'Jam
mollusk wrote:Okay, JoJ flies under the radar for days, then responds right when I mention my suspicions with the least helpful post ever.

Vote: JoJ to get things moving

Now you're just being paranoid. Who's paranoid? I'm paranoid? Waaaaagh! *hides*

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:30 pm UTC
by Brooklynxman
Jar'O'Jam wrote:
mollusk wrote:Okay, JoJ flies under the radar for days, then responds right when I mention my suspicions with the least helpful post ever.

Vote: JoJ to get things moving

Now you're just being paranoid. Who's paranoid? I'm paranoid? Waaaaagh! *hides*

FOS: JoJ

WTF man. Honestly? Is that the best you can come up with?

Also, I have been at mollusk's throat, and despite him having backed off VO, it doesn't matter, if scum could avoid getting lynched by saying "oh I didnt mean that, unvote" or something like that, we wouldn't get ver far in mafia would we?

I (unfortunatly) have seen nothing new come up regarding my guilt. So, honestly, my actions have seemed scummy? So scummy as to validate a lynch, despite what mollusk (and now JoJ) have been doing? If so, I can't stop it, because I can't see what is so scummy about what I've done.

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:50 pm UTC
by Kipper
frogman wrote:Kipper, I order you to stop being so confusing.

What a silly thing to say! The human condition is far more confusing than I!
But wait, am I not human?
The cycle continues...

And brook! Such a blind man to be unable to see that which exists in front of you?
Could it be your very MIND is blocking out cold hard FACT?
Selective blindness... It goes into my theory.
COME NOW LITTLE ANTS, I REQUIRE MORE DATA!

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:01 pm UTC
by Brooklynxman
Kipper wrote:
frogman wrote:Kipper, I order you to stop being so confusing.

What a silly thing to say! The human condition is far more confusing than I!
But wait, am I not human?
The cycle continues...

And brook! Such a blind man to be unable to see that which exists in front of you?
Could it be your very MIND is blocking out cold hard FACT?
Selective blindness... It goes into my theory.
COME NOW LITTLE ANTS, I REQUIRE MORE DATA!


Kipper, I order you to make sense when you speak, according to the conventions of normal english conversation (you may take this to mean queen's english, but i will hate you if you do).

Happy now?

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:06 pm UTC
by Kipper
MORE futile attempts!
Do humans ever truely learn?

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:17 pm UTC
by Brooklynxman
Kipper wrote:MORE futile attempts!
Do humans ever truely learn?


I think it is safe to say Kipper's role is making him post like this (because if it isnt let the vendetta begin)

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:18 pm UTC
by frogman
I assume you require more data before reaching a conclusion on that.

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:23 pm UTC
by Jar'O'Jam
Brooklynxman wrote:WTF man. Honestly? Is that the best you can come up with?

Also, I have been at mollusk's throat, and despite him having backed off VO, it doesn't matter, if scum could avoid getting lynched by saying "oh I didnt mean that, unvote" or something like that, we wouldn't get ver far in mafia would we?

I (unfortunatly) have seen nothing new come up regarding my guilt. So, honestly, my actions have seemed scummy? So scummy as to validate a lynch, despite what mollusk (and now JoJ) have been doing? If so, I can't stop it, because I can't see what is so scummy about what I've done.

Now you're just trying to hurt my and my imaginary friend's ( although lately he's been arguing that I am his imaginary friend ) feelings. Together with futile attempts to look innocent and finger pointing. Never point a finger at mentally unstable !

As to Kipper, has anyone tried to speak with him ... differently ? He's clearly not reacting very well to normal English.

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:47 pm UTC
by Brooklynxman
Jar'O'Jam wrote:
Brooklynxman wrote:WTF man. Honestly? Is that the best you can come up with?

Also, I have been at mollusk's throat, and despite him having backed off VO, it doesn't matter, if scum could avoid getting lynched by saying "oh I didnt mean that, unvote" or something like that, we wouldn't get ver far in mafia would we?

I (unfortunatly) have seen nothing new come up regarding my guilt. So, honestly, my actions have seemed scummy? So scummy as to validate a lynch, despite what mollusk (and now JoJ) have been doing? If so, I can't stop it, because I can't see what is so scummy about what I've done.

Now you're just trying to hurt my and my imaginary friend's ( although lately he's been arguing that I am his imaginary friend ) feelings. Together with futile attempts to look innocent and finger pointing. Never point a finger at mentally unstable !

As to Kipper, has anyone tried to speak with him ... differently ? He's clearly not reacting very well to normal English.


Wez all be mentally unstable, FOOL! Haven't you been paying attention? Between the two of you I expect twice the brain power.

Also
FOS: JoJ's Imaginary friend for trying to bend the laws of reality.

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:52 pm UTC
by velvet_octopus
Jar'O'Jam wrote: As to Kipper, has anyone tried to speak with him ... differently ? He's clearly not reacting very well to normal English.


Okay . . .

Hey, Kipper?
Does DATA function?
Are human flaws proven fatal?
Teach me!


And if that doesn't work . . .
Reboot: Kipper

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:50 pm UTC
by Master_Rahl22
The biggest reason I find Brooklyxman scummy is due to his attempt to cast doubt on Kipper's investigative powers when I don't even know where the conjecture that he had one came from in the first place. The thought process here seems to me "well we can't have the town trusting any cops out there so I'll mention that we're mental patients and Kipper is posting weird". To me the only way the topic of the sanity of any investigation should only come up when somebody has claimed to have a guilty result on a player. Kipper hasn't even done anything to let on that he has an investigation, and until somebody does claim cop, any discussions of cops and investigations has too much risk of outing the real cop or influencing investigations negatively. And to borrow from brooklyn's indictment of mollusk, if scum could get away with scummy behavior by saying "I know this sounds scummy but I'm really town" or something like that, we wouldn't get very far in mafia would we? My vote stays on him.

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:55 pm UTC
by Brooklynxman
Master_Rahl22 wrote:The biggest reason I find Brooklyxman scummy is due to his attempt to cast doubt on Kipper's investigative powers when I don't even know where the conjecture that he had one came from in the first place. The thought process here seems to me "well we can't have the town trusting any cops out there so I'll mention that we're mental patients and Kipper is posting weird". To me the only way the topic of the sanity of any investigation should only come up when somebody has claimed to have a guilty result on a player. Kipper hasn't even done anything to let on that he has an investigation, and until somebody does claim cop, any discussions of cops and investigations has too much risk of outing the real cop or influencing investigations negatively. And to borrow from brooklyn's indictment of mollusk, if scum could get away with scummy behavior by saying "I know this sounds scummy but I'm really town" or something like that, we wouldn't get very far in mafia would we? My vote stays on him.


And I stand by what I said there. ANY investigation would have questionable validity. (also, mollusk was the one who brought up that it seemed like Kipper had an investigation, and this is before Kipper voted me).

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:11 pm UTC
by mollusk
korora wrote:Not to mention that you're not deflecting suspicion from yourself, you're deflecting attention from Brook—who has more votes than you do—whose alignment you most likely don't know. If you do know his alignment, it's probably because you're both scum. And you and Brook haven't been at each other's throats... the rest of us have been at both your throats.


I said before that I find Brook suspicious, just not enough to vote on. And he's voting for me, which seems like odd behavior if we're both scum. But, yes: FoS: Brook

Finally, I'm still disappointed with JoJ's past few posts. Not one relevant fact in any of them.

Vote stays on JoJ.

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:20 pm UTC
by mollusk
EBWOP:

Brooklynxman wrote:He FOS'ed VO, for the vampire thing, which is pretty much FOS'ing VO for...what exactly? role speculating?

And VO made what, 3 posts about it, then asked the mod and got it confirmed that it WASNT vampires (not that they arent in the game, but that scum arent vampires is settled).

also, it was the first thing VO did. Role speculation is USUALLY the first thing you do in a closed setup, as on D1 there isn't much to talk about.

All in all, mollusk seems to be the scummiest.


In case you haven't noticed, I changed my position on this. I unvoted VO for exactly the reasons you have pointed out. Yet now that that's done with, you're voting for me. Strange?

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:22 pm UTC
by Kipper
BWAHAHAHAHAHA DIE BROOK DIE
DATA DATA DATA DATA DATA

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:41 pm UTC
by velvet_octopus
It is clear that my attempt at communicating with Kipper have failed. (Not that I had much faith in them to start with). What I want to know is, is this:

Kipper wrote:BWAHAHAHAHAHA DIE BROOK DIE
DATA DATA DATA DATA DATA


a statement that he wishes kill Brook, or just a commentary on the current situation? I mean, Kipper did vote for Brook. I wish there was some way of knowing if Kipper actually does have any extra info (DATA DATA DATA :wink:) or if he's just bat-shit insane. (No offense, Kipper.)

@Brooklynxman: I'm not sure if your actions are suspicious enough to warrant lynching. And I agree that JoJ has been useless, and also tried to silence (medicate) Kipper. And yet . . . after it was pointed out that you and mollusk seem a little too chummy, mollusk voted JoJ and you FoS'd JoJ, but then you voted mollusk . . . which could be a clever way to take suspicion of scum alliance off of you and mollusk, yet leave the opportunity for a bandwagon on JoJ open, so that you could say you suspected him waaaaay back, even though you were voting mollusk at the time.

Or maybe you, like me, are just very interested in saving your skin, regardless of your role. Either way, I think I've seen enough.

Vote: Brooklynxman

but mollusk - I'm watching you

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:28 pm UTC
by Master_Rahl22
Oh, something I meant to mention in my previous post but forgot until just now. The mod's last vote count post shows 7 to lynch, but with 11 alive it should be 6. By my count Brooklynxman has 4 votes on him now, so we need to be careful slinging around votes now. It wouldn't surprise me if MartinW did it on purpose hoping that somebody would accidentally hammer with the sixth vote thinking that we needed one more.

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:44 pm UTC
by Brooklynxman
velvet_octopus wrote:It is clear that my attempt at communicating with Kipper have failed. (Not that I had much faith in them to start with). What I want to know is, is this:

Kipper wrote:BWAHAHAHAHAHA DIE BROOK DIE
DATA DATA DATA DATA DATA


a statement that he wishes kill Brook, or just a commentary on the current situation? I mean, Kipper did vote for Brook. I wish there was some way of knowing if Kipper actually does have any extra info (DATA DATA DATA :wink:) or if he's just bat-shit insane. (No offense, Kipper.)

@Brooklynxman: I'm not sure if your actions are suspicious enough to warrant lynching. And I agree that JoJ has been useless, and also tried to silence (medicate) Kipper. And yet . . . after it was pointed out that you and mollusk seem a little too chummy, mollusk voted JoJ and you FoS'd JoJ, but then you voted mollusk . . . which could be a clever way to take suspicion of scum alliance off of you and mollusk, yet leave the opportunity for a bandwagon on JoJ open, so that you could say you suspected him waaaaay back, even though you were voting mollusk at the time.

Or maybe you, like me, are just very interested in saving your skin, regardless of your role. Either way, I think I've seen enough.

Vote: Brooklynxman

but mollusk - I'm watching you

Your time line is messed up. I voted mollusk LONG before anyone pointed out to me that JoJ was missing.

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:59 pm UTC
by MartinW
Or I just made a mistake. ;-) 6 to lynch then.

Also, 36 hour time limit. Person with most votes dies at Wed 12:00.

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:04 pm UTC
by Brooklynxman
MartinW wrote:Or I just made a mistake. ;-) 6 to lynch then.

Also, 36 hour time limit. Person with most votes dies at Wed 12:00.


Which would be me at the moment, no?

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:48 pm UTC
by velvet_octopus
Brooklynxman wrote:
velvet_octopus wrote:It is clear that my attempt at communicating with Kipper have failed. (Not that I had much faith in them to start with). What I want to know is, is this:

Kipper wrote:BWAHAHAHAHAHA DIE BROOK DIE
DATA DATA DATA DATA DATA


a statement that he wishes kill Brook, or just a commentary on the current situation? I mean, Kipper did vote for Brook. I wish there was some way of knowing if Kipper actually does have any extra info (DATA DATA DATA :wink:) or if he's just bat-shit insane. (No offense, Kipper.)

@Brooklynxman: I'm not sure if your actions are suspicious enough to warrant lynching. And I agree that JoJ has been useless, and also tried to silence (medicate) Kipper. And yet . . . after it was pointed out that you and mollusk seem a little too chummy, mollusk voted JoJ and you FoS'd JoJ, but then you voted mollusk . . . which could be a clever way to take suspicion of scum alliance off of you and mollusk, yet leave the opportunity for a bandwagon on JoJ open, so that you could say you suspected him waaaaay back, even though you were voting mollusk at the time.

Or maybe you, like me, are just very interested in saving your skin, regardless of your role. Either way, I think I've seen enough.

Vote: Brooklynxman

but mollusk - I'm watching you

Your time line is messed up. I voted mollusk LONG before anyone pointed out to me that JoJ was missing.


That doesn't change my point. You could still be taking suspicion off of yourself, but leaving the door open . . .

Re: Mini: Bastard Bulldog Butterflies

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:47 am UTC
by MartinW
Hdininhdeotrygoienoyachdahitnt'hfixxecind.