Large and in Charge: Mafia Round 7: MAFIA WIN!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread
Posts: 3917
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am UTC
Location: AL

Re: Mafia Round 7: Day 1

Postby Sungura » Thu May 28, 2009 2:46 pm UTC

Okay. But still the fact remains, he's new, if anything to me. I have nothing to gauge him by. That was my read on him. I still like the other canidates better than him even with that information, because that is what my read is. You don't have to agree.
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

User avatar
korora
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:15 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Round 7: Day 1

Postby korora » Thu May 28, 2009 2:51 pm UTC

I do agree, actually... I haven't been pinged by MR22 so far.
Last.fm|Steam|Xbox LIVE|23||
[8:22pm] cf: you know what i like?
[8:23pm] Tigerlion: what do you like, CF?
[8:23pm] cf: you guys
[8:24pm] cf: man...out of all the things that could have come to my head...that was by far the lamest

User avatar
MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:38 pm UTC
Location: C̶a̶l̶i̶f̶o̶r̶n̶i̶a̶ Beautiful

Re: Mafia Round 7: Day 1

Postby MasterOfAll » Thu May 28, 2009 4:36 pm UTC

Sungura wrote:MoA: He started off by fishing for traitor information, not just once either, he kept at it during the start. Then he tells the cop not to claim. But it sounded like he was really looking for the traitor, but then doesn't want the cop to claim? This seems odd. He talked a lot, but seemed to always go along with the flow. Except when he came up with the LtL idea. Not bad in and of itself I still feel, but this looking at the looking for the traitor and such does not sit well. He's acting quite scummy, and like he does when he is scum. I got this same anti-town vibe from him in PB and in vanilla mini game. Both times, he was.

So...based on my theories, and since lurkers are being cared for, I would be more than happy to vote for any of the following:
MoA, Entropy, Brooklynxman

I'm not sure just which yet, hence you see no vote here. Leaning MoA at the moment as if history repeats I usually have the right read on him.

Hmm, since Amy has picked me out as the most likely to be scum, I feel that I need to do 2 things: defend myself a bit, and more importantly, find out if she is scum.

First off, I have never played a game with a traitor before. Obviously, if the rules are not set up correctly, this role could be game breaking. So, I was just trying to figure out where the lines are drawn for what the traitor can and can't say or do.

Secondly, I was trying to save the cop from doing something foolish, like making an early claim. It would be bad if the cop was lazy and saw there was a doctor and therefore thought a simple FTC strategy would work. So, I pointed out that there were 2 scum roles that make an early copclaim stupid. The hitman kill works even if the doctor is protecting target. Also, the roleblocker can just block the cop from getting any results. So, yeah, I stand behind my earlier statement that the cop should not claim until later in the game (and I even listed situations of when would be good times to claim).

Thirdly, I am being accused of "going with the flow" before trying to get Mega lynched for lurking. Well, yes, I can't really defend against this, since the period in question was the very early game and there just isn't much to work with early on. I really wasn't trying to "slip under the radar" or anything like that, though.

Fourth, I am being accused of "acting quite scummy, and like I do when I am scum". Well, it might be time for Amy to recalibrate her scumdar. Although I did get to be scum in those 2 games (and town won both, by the way), I am back in the much more common town role here in this game.

Finally, Amy - Are you town in this game?

(I didn't want to have to do that, since I admire the never-tell-a-lie thing, but it seems like the right time.)
Kipper wrote:SERIOUSLY. Listen to MoA, he knows his stuff. . . High five MoA!
(not funny, but true)
ameretrifle wrote:MoA is an astute logician and is, in fact, directly related to Sherlock Holmes on his mother's side.
(ditto for this one)

User avatar
Kipper
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:33 am UTC

Re: Mafia Round 7: Day 1

Postby Kipper » Thu May 28, 2009 4:42 pm UTC

Vote: MoA
Overdefending, talking more than normal, and finally, pulling out the no-lie bullcrap, you're better than that.
Amy: (11:06:09 PM) ***Amy huggles Kipper
Amy: (11:06:13 PM) Amy: Leave my fishy alone.

[3:05pm] Amy: NO TOUCHING KIPPER
[3:05pm] Amy: MY FISHY!

User avatar
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread
Posts: 3917
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am UTC
Location: AL

Re: Mafia Round 7: Day 1

Postby Sungura » Thu May 28, 2009 4:51 pm UTC

Vote: MoA

Yeah, not buying the defense.

I won't answer unless others want me to. Pulling that out has the chance of making me an easy target, as has been discovered. You'd only want to ask that if you were scum or mafia supporter (oh gee look at what role is in this game - a supporter!) but if you were actual scum you'd know the answer to that either way as we have no independents in the list. Then again just asking can get all WIFOM'y on that. Any way you look at it, I don't like it. I was leaning you over the other two before, that post clinched it for me.
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

Rakysh
Posts: 1276
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:39 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Round 7: Day 1

Postby Rakysh » Thu May 28, 2009 4:58 pm UTC

Yeah, that was a dick move and not really name-cleary.

Vote: MoA

User avatar
mister k
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:28 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Mafia Round 7: Day 1

Postby mister k » Thu May 28, 2009 5:40 pm UTC

Well I was leaning towards MoA beforehands- perhaps whoever takes over from me will disagree, but for now

unvote-MR22
vote-MoA
Elvish Pillager wrote:you're basically a daytime-miller: you always come up as guilty to scumdar.

User avatar
MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:38 pm UTC
Location: C̶a̶l̶i̶f̶o̶r̶n̶i̶a̶ Beautiful

Re: Mafia Round 7: Day 1

Postby MasterOfAll » Thu May 28, 2009 5:59 pm UTC

Sungura wrote:I won't answer unless others want me to.


Well, it is understandable that you won't answer, if you are scum.
Kipper wrote:SERIOUSLY. Listen to MoA, he knows his stuff. . . High five MoA!
(not funny, but true)
ameretrifle wrote:MoA is an astute logician and is, in fact, directly related to Sherlock Holmes on his mother's side.
(ditto for this one)

User avatar
Entropy
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:40 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Round 7: Day 1

Postby Entropy » Thu May 28, 2009 6:06 pm UTC

Though MoA certainly made a dick move, I don't think that makes him scum. Amy's analysis tends to lead the town, and as a result I can see how being targeted by her would back anyone, town or scum, into a corner and make them act rashly. Overall, the majority of the case being presented against MoA is 'fishing for information', which reads for me as 'participating'. It's insufficient to convince me to jump on this bandwagon.

User avatar
Vieto
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:44 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Mafia Round 7: Day 1

Postby Vieto » Thu May 28, 2009 8:21 pm UTC

MoA, really, over-reaction.

Add to that that you began the conversation about the traitor, resulting in the traitor being greatly restricted and many people wanting to know the traitor's ID, I wasn't really suspecting you before, but what a hole you have dug.

Vote: MoA

User avatar
une see
Is my girl
Posts: 1038
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:31 pm UTC
Location: a tenuous grip on reality
Contact:

Re: Mafia Round 7: Day 1

Postby une see » Thu May 28, 2009 8:43 pm UTC

I don't think starting the traitor discussion was anti-town at all. Yeah, the traitor became more restricted as a result of the discussion, but it's better for town to know what the limits actually are instead of urging the traitor to do something stupid that would have gotten him modkilled. What are you even saying, Vieto? You think we shouldn't have had the traitor discussion? The traitor is such a powerful role that I don't think it's even remotely pro-town to say we shouldn't have asked for clarifications about it. Plus, I don't think MoA was even the one who started it. It was actually Martin.

But anyways: MoA's defending post did not convince me that he is town. In fact, quite the opposite. I'm not going to vote yet, though, until we get a vote count. Can we have a vote count?

Amy: actually, MoA could be town, trying to find out if you're mafia or not, so that your argument against him will be discredited. But I highly doubt that.
T.S. Eliot in "The Waste Land" wrote:APRIL is the cruellest month, breeding
Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
Memory and desire, stirring
Dull roots with spring rain.

User avatar
Dromtry
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:22 pm UTC
Location: The Ninjas Are Coming, NH

Re: Mafia Round 7: Day 1

Postby Dromtry » Thu May 28, 2009 8:44 pm UTC

Dromtry wrote:Vote: MoA because he just admitted he isn't going to read through pages of text, which will make any moves he makes D2+ have very little basis.

Dromtry wrote:Last game we lynched a lurker, we killed the cop.

I notice something about MoA, the other game I'm playing with him and this one, he's become a target quickly. This could be two things: he may be scum in both games or he could just be bad at being town. Not lynching him means either we let a mobster live, or we leave someone who can help conceal mafia by accident, because if we grow suspicious of MoA everyday, what scumtells are we missing from other people? We dissect what could be a plain old townie's posts while someone else is saying "HURP DURP I'M MAFIA!1" and we miss it.

FoS: MoA as Mafia Sympathizer

I am not changing my vote.

[I hope you guys understood me, I'm a bit pressed for time right now.]


Dromtry wrote:EBWOP:

Mafia Supporter, not sympathizer, I'm silly


Vote: MoA since the votes were reset.
~steve

User avatar
Vieto
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:44 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Mafia Round 7: Day 1

Postby Vieto » Thu May 28, 2009 8:48 pm UTC

une see wrote:I don't think starting the traitor discussion was anti-town at all. Yeah, the traitor became more restricted as a result of the discussion, but it's better for town to know what the limits actually are instead of urging the traitor to do something stupid that would have gotten him modkilled. What are you even saying, Vieto? You think we shouldn't have had the traitor discussion? The traitor is such a powerful role that I don't think it's even remotely pro-town to say we shouldn't have asked for clarifications about it. Plus, I don't think MoA was even the one who started it. It was actually Martin.

But anyways: MoA's defending post did not convince me that he is town. In fact, quite the opposite. I'm not going to vote yet, though, until we get a vote count. Can we have a vote count?

Amy: actually, MoA could be town, trying to find out if you're mafia or not, so that your argument against him will be discredited. But I highly doubt that.

Hmmm... it appears I am wrong (on the internet! Oh no!). Scrap my second argument then.

User avatar
crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:43 pm UTC
Location: Is so hot right now.

Re: Mafia Round 7: Day 1

Postby crucialityfactor » Thu May 28, 2009 8:49 pm UTC

Vote Count:

MasterOfAll- 6 (Kipper, Sungura, Rakysh, mister k, Vieto, Dromtry)

User avatar
une see
Is my girl
Posts: 1038
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:31 pm UTC
Location: a tenuous grip on reality
Contact:

Re: Mafia Round 7: Day 1

Postby une see » Thu May 28, 2009 9:20 pm UTC

Vote: MoA
T.S. Eliot in "The Waste Land" wrote:APRIL is the cruellest month, breeding
Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
Memory and desire, stirring
Dull roots with spring rain.

User avatar
korora
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:15 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Round 7: Day 1

Postby korora » Thu May 28, 2009 9:32 pm UTC

Well, since Amy is on my scum list, I figured I should look at her analysis and check MoA and Entropy out for myself. This is what I found.
Sungura wrote:MoA: He started off by fishing for traitor information, not just once either, he kept at it during the start. Then he tells the cop not to claim. But it sounded like he was really looking for the traitor, but then doesn't want the cop to claim? This seems odd. He talked a lot, but seemed to always go along with the flow. Except when he came up with the LtL idea. Not bad in and of itself I still feel, but this looking at the looking for the traitor and such does not sit well. He's acting quite scummy, and like he does when he is scum. I got this same anti-town vibe from him in PB and in vanilla mini game. Both times, he was.
What does not wanting the cop to claim have to do with discussing the traitor? You complain that he discussed the traitor and provided analysis, etc.... and then you turn around and complain that he always "went along with the flow". Which is it? Was he going along with the flow—not providing analysis—or was he outing the traitor by analyzing? I have a hard time seeing how it could be both.

That aside, his later behavior has given me some solid pings. The early lurker-lynch seems a little too lazy; the declaration against FtC, while a perfectly valid point, is just a little too easy of a point to make for scum without really giving the town anything; the Amy-questioning was premature and desperate. Still, I'm just not quite getting enough to put a vote down here as of yet. And I have to say, I consistently find MoA somewhat scummy in almost every game, independent of his actual role.

Sungura wrote:Entropy: He seems to do a lot of finger pointing at others. A lot. But yet he keeps a calm and even keel on things, which I find very disturbing. Usually if you are a finger pointer, it rocks the boat. So finger pointing with the quiet worries me. I just have a feeling. I voted on it earlier before Mega, actually.
Can you cite some quotes? I'm looking at his post history now, and I have to say that I don't see what you mean. The only "finger-pointing" I see is when he votes for Rahl. And even if that weren't the case, I feel like you're characterizing good town behavior—what most people would call "analysis"—as something scummy.
Last.fm|Steam|Xbox LIVE|23||
[8:22pm] cf: you know what i like?
[8:23pm] Tigerlion: what do you like, CF?
[8:23pm] cf: you guys
[8:24pm] cf: man...out of all the things that could have come to my head...that was by far the lamest

User avatar
Azrael001
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:15 am UTC
Location: The Land of Make Believe.
Contact:

Re: Mafia Round 7: Day 1

Postby Azrael001 » Thu May 28, 2009 9:46 pm UTC

BIO actually stood out to me as being anti-town the most right before MoA went and made himself the target for day one.

I didn't like how he insisted on getting Amy's analysis without doing any himself. Like he was looking for someone to follow.
Vote: MoA

HoS BIO
23111

User avatar
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread
Posts: 3917
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am UTC
Location: AL

Re: Mafia Round 7: Day 1

Postby Sungura » Thu May 28, 2009 9:47 pm UTC

In reply to Korora's post:

What I thought was odd is it seemed like he wanted the traitor to claim, and the cop to not claim.

As for Entropy, if I have time later I'll see if I can get quotes. I just did a search on his posts and that's what I noticed. Maybe finger pointing isn't the right word....I dunno how to describe it. It's mostly a vibe I get from him, and I do pay attention to my gut in these games.
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

User avatar
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: Mafia Round 7: Day 1

Postby Brooklynxman » Fri May 29, 2009 12:11 am UTC

Sorry I havent really posted a lot in a few games the past day or 2, seems suspicion on me has grown.

I'll reread everything people have said about me tonight and respond to it all. In other news
Vote: MoA

I was convinced enough to do this earlier, but seeing as people wanted to discuss and I am always pro-LtL I unvoted. If we're ready to lynch now by then by all means Im behind it (for proof ltl is pro-town, see Futuramafia day 1).
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:43 pm UTC
Location: Is so hot right now.

Re: Mafia Round 7: Day 1

Postby crucialityfactor » Fri May 29, 2009 1:32 am UTC

Vote Count:

MasterOfAll- 9 (Kipper, Sungura, Rakysh, mister k, Vieto, Dromtry, une see, Azrael001, Brooklynxman)
Brooklynxman- 1 (Korora)
Last edited by crucialityfactor on Fri May 29, 2009 1:48 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
korora
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:15 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Round 7: Day 1

Postby korora » Fri May 29, 2009 1:38 am UTC

Sungura wrote:What I thought was odd is it seemed like he wanted the traitor to claim, and the cop to not claim.
I, uh, don't see anything odd about that. Assuming that the traitor were allowed to claim, that would give us the entire mafia. If the cop claims, on the other hand, he gets NKed before he can give us any information. There's nothing weird about feeling differently about the best pro-town strategy for two completely different roles.

Vote: Brook

For previously-stated reasons.
Last.fm|Steam|Xbox LIVE|23||
[8:22pm] cf: you know what i like?
[8:23pm] Tigerlion: what do you like, CF?
[8:23pm] cf: you guys
[8:24pm] cf: man...out of all the things that could have come to my head...that was by far the lamest

User avatar
MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:38 pm UTC
Location: C̶a̶l̶i̶f̶o̶r̶n̶i̶a̶ Beautiful

Re: Mafia Round 7: Day 1

Postby MasterOfAll » Fri May 29, 2009 3:49 am UTC

Wow, look at that bandwagon that formed on me.

The thing that confuses me the most is Kipper's post that got the bandwagon rolling:
Kipper wrote:Vote: MoA
Overdefending, talking more than normal, and finally, pulling out the no-lie bullcrap, you're better than that.
Particularly the "overdefending" part. I thought I put together a quite reasonable response to Amy's accusations. Where exactly did I cross the line from "defending" to "overdefending"?

Anyway, I'm just a vanilla townie, so no real loss if y'all just finish me off. But, when I do show up to be town, you really should get Amy to answer the question of her towniness, because I don't think it is just OMGUS that is making her seem scummy to me.
Kipper wrote:SERIOUSLY. Listen to MoA, he knows his stuff. . . High five MoA!
(not funny, but true)
ameretrifle wrote:MoA is an astute logician and is, in fact, directly related to Sherlock Holmes on his mother's side.
(ditto for this one)

User avatar
Kipper
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:33 am UTC

Re: Mafia Round 7: Day 1

Postby Kipper » Fri May 29, 2009 3:55 am UTC

5-6 sentence accusation ==> Giant paragraphed essay w/ desperation & town claiming.
That would be what I mean by overdefending.
Amy: (11:06:09 PM) ***Amy huggles Kipper
Amy: (11:06:13 PM) Amy: Leave my fishy alone.

[3:05pm] Amy: NO TOUCHING KIPPER
[3:05pm] Amy: MY FISHY!

User avatar
dedalus
Posts: 1169
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:16 pm UTC
Location: Dark Side of the Moon.

Re: Mafia Round 7: Day 1

Postby dedalus » Fri May 29, 2009 4:06 am UTC

Brooklynxman wrote:Sorry I havent really posted a lot in a few games the past day or 2, seems suspicion on me has grown.

I'll reread everything people have said about me tonight and respond to it all. In other news
Vote: MoA

I was convinced enough to do this earlier, but seeing as people wanted to discuss and I am always pro-LtL I unvoted. If we're ready to lynch now by then by all means Im behind it (for proof ltl is pro-town, see Futuramafia day 1).


Well, lets see. His original vote on MoA had a single-line reasoning which was against MoA's fairly non-serious post... Now he's claiming he was 'convinced enough to do this earlier'. I don't buy it.

And there's a big logical flaw in his claim that futuramafia implies that ltl is pro-town:

All that happened in futuramafia was that you lynched a lurker and he turned out to be scum. This doesn't mean that the strategy does work, it just means it happened to work in one case. More importantly, this CERTAINLY doesnt mean that following LaL makes you town. In fact, there's plenty of reasons for scum to follow LaL. It's very debatible whether or not the strategy itself is broken, but it's definitely not debatable that mafia have just as much, if not more, reason for jumping on a LaL bandwagon (more because they know who they want to lynch, and bandwagoning someone because of a known strategy is easy to explain later without drawing suspicion). And as such, claiming that following LaL is a town action and makes you town... well that's a logical fallacy. And as such:

Vote: Brooklynxman
I'm not that sure that voting for you is going to change the current wave towards MoA, but I'm hardly in a rush to bandwagon him and end D1, so my vote goes with whoever looks more scummy.

Will wait in eagerness for your promised response.
doogly wrote:Oh yea, obviously they wouldn't know Griffiths from Sakurai if I were throwing them at them.

User avatar
dedalus
Posts: 1169
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:16 pm UTC
Location: Dark Side of the Moon.

Re: Mafia Round 7: Day 1

Postby dedalus » Fri May 29, 2009 4:11 am UTC

EBWOP; Kipper, you ninja.
Personally, overdefending is not a scumtell to me. I'll do it myself more when I'm town then scum, in part this is because defending too much draws attention. I would say that the desperation is a bit scummy, seeing as MoA was more annoyed when he had to defend in length last time I saw it. But either way, I'll keep my vote on Brook, if anything for pressures sake.
doogly wrote:Oh yea, obviously they wouldn't know Griffiths from Sakurai if I were throwing them at them.

User avatar
une see
Is my girl
Posts: 1038
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:31 pm UTC
Location: a tenuous grip on reality
Contact:

Re: Mafia Round 7: Day 1

Postby une see » Fri May 29, 2009 4:13 am UTC

Hmmm. You know what? I really want a response from Brook too. He's been even more suspicious this game than he usually is. Let's see how he deals with this.

Unvote: MoA
Vote: Brooklynxman


Meanwhile, I didn't really get that part of Kipper's post either. I didn't think it was overdefending? And talking too much? I don't know, it was pretty weird.

User avatar
Kipper
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:33 am UTC

Re: Mafia Round 7: Day 1

Postby Kipper » Fri May 29, 2009 4:29 am UTC

dedalus wrote:EBWOP; Kipper, you ninja.
Personally, overdefending is not a scumtell to me. I'll do it myself more when I'm town then scum, in part this is because defending too much draws attention. I would say that the desperation is a bit scummy, seeing as MoA was more annoyed when he had to defend in length last time I saw it. But either way, I'll keep my vote on Brook, if anything for pressures sake.

It's worked for me in the past. Personally, I feel a lot of a defense can be made through one's actions, going through point by point against what amounts to a light FoS seems overly jumpy / concerned to me.
Amy: (11:06:09 PM) ***Amy huggles Kipper
Amy: (11:06:13 PM) Amy: Leave my fishy alone.

[3:05pm] Amy: NO TOUCHING KIPPER
[3:05pm] Amy: MY FISHY!

User avatar
b.i.o
Green is the loneliest number
Posts: 2519
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:38 pm UTC
Location: Hong Kong

Re: Mafia Round 7: Day 1

Postby b.i.o » Fri May 29, 2009 6:05 am UTC

Azrael001 wrote:BIO actually stood out to me as being anti-town the most right before MoA went and made himself the target for day one.

I didn't like how he insisted on getting Amy's analysis without doing any himself. Like he was looking for someone to follow.
Vote: MoA

Follow? Hardly.

I find Amy one of the most suspicious people in this game right now. I always find MoA scummy as hell, and this case is only a little more bad than most (and really, this is hardly the first time he's been accused of overdefending as a townie). I dislike the bandwagoning following Amy's analysis. I really don't think her analysis said much of anything that hadn't been said up until now anyway, and I've been on the wrong end of an Amy-analysis-inspired-bandwagon before. They frighten me.

Yeah, that was a dick move and not really name-cleary.

Oh please. I hate this tactic myself, but it's not as if he's the first one to do this, or even the first one to do it recently.


I'd like to hear more from Kells and cycoden, especially.

MR22 has been missing from the game the past couple of (real life) days. That pings some bells, because there's been a lot happening the past day especially. In fact, I find it suspicious enough to vote for him, since I'd at least like a chance to stop this bandwagon and get some real discussion going.
[b]vote: MR22

User avatar
b.i.o
Green is the loneliest number
Posts: 2519
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:38 pm UTC
Location: Hong Kong

Re: Mafia Round 7: Day 1

Postby b.i.o » Fri May 29, 2009 6:06 am UTC

EBWOP:
vote: MR22

Rakysh
Posts: 1276
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:39 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Round 7: Day 1

Postby Rakysh » Fri May 29, 2009 6:58 am UTC

b.i.o wrote:
Yeah, that was a dick move and not really name-cleary.

Oh please. I hate this tactic myself, but it's not as if he's the first one to do this, or even the first one to do it recently.

He's the first one in a game I've been in to explicitly ask, and the fact that others may do it doesn't make it ok.

User avatar
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread
Posts: 3917
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am UTC
Location: AL

Re: Mafia Round 7: Day 1

Postby Sungura » Fri May 29, 2009 11:37 am UTC

Rakysh wrote:
b.i.o wrote:
Yeah, that was a dick move and not really name-cleary.

Oh please. I hate this tactic myself, but it's not as if he's the first one to do this, or even the first one to do it recently.

He's the first one in a game I've been in to explicitly ask, and the fact that others may do it doesn't make it ok.
Not a lot of others do it. Mainly, it's Gojoe, Kells, sometimes cf. Mostly Gojoe. The difference is Gojoe and I have an easy time, for whatever reason, reading each other. He knows how and when to ask. He's never asked when I'm a major power role. He never asks when I'm mafia. He only asks when I'm vanilla town. How he figure that out, who the heck knows. So yeah, he gets away with it. Maybe call it an inside joke or something (whatever things like that called - that one or two people can get away with doing because they know the history and how to do it right.)

What MoA did was a huge defense post extolling his townieness and then tried to cast all suspicion on me by asking if I am town. His reply to my thoughts is what warant my vote against him over the other two I have inklings are anti-town.
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

User avatar
MartinW
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:00 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Round 7: Day 1

Postby MartinW » Fri May 29, 2009 11:47 am UTC

I agree that MoA's cop and traitor talks aren't that suspicious. But what is really suspicious is a massive post to defend against a couple of lines. The thing is Amy didn't even put a vote down. And she was only leaning towards him out of three candidates. But MoA seemed almost to be in a panic at her analysis. It seems very scummy to me.

Vote: MoA

Also, the reason I'm only weighing in now is that I've been wavering over whether to vote for him or not. But after looking back it seems clear that he massively overreacted. Especially as he attacked Amy, who was only contributing her opinion. I mean if he was nearly lynched he could perhaps think Amy scummy for getting him lynched, but attacking the attacker is a classic mafia tactic.

User avatar
Master_Rahl22
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:18 pm UTC
Location: Springfield, MO

Re: Mafia Round 7: Day 1

Postby Master_Rahl22 » Fri May 29, 2009 12:29 pm UTC

Sorry I've been absent for a while. The hotel wireless network I use to check this board while I'm at work has been down, and it's blocked from my company network. :( I'm caught up reading, and I'm torn between whether I feel like MoA or Brooklynxman is the most scummy.

In response to Brook's comment about LtL being pro-town, yes Day 1 we nabbed scum, and Day 2 we lynched a townie. I still say LtL is a townie move, but not simply because sometimes you hit scum. I'll vote later today when I decide which I think is the most scummy.
"Master Rahl guide us. Master Rahl teach us. Master Rahl protect us. In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve. Our lives are yours."

The book, not the stupid tv show.

User avatar
Silknor
Posts: 842
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:21 am UTC

Re: Mafia Round 7: Day 1

Postby Silknor » Fri May 29, 2009 3:27 pm UTC

b.i.o wrote:MR22 has been missing from the game the past couple of (real life) days. That pings some bells, because there's been a lot happening the past day especially. In fact, I find it suspicious enough to vote for him, since I'd at least like a chance to stop this bandwagon and get some real discussion going.
vote: MR22


This seems a pretty strange way to go about that. The only reason to vote for someone else instead of just unvote or say wait is if either you think MR22 is more suspicious or if you want to derail a lynch of someone you want to protect. I don't think it's that uncommon for someone to not post in a couple of real life days in this game, there's certainly many more people than MR22 that have done it. So without much of a reason to vote for MR22, it seems your main goal is simply defending MoA.

I suspect that if MoA is anti-town, you'll turn out the same.

FoS: b.i.o

And can someone explain how lynch the lurker is a massively pro-town move in a game where the mods are willing to replace inactives? No one defends lurkers, and so you get almost no information from it. There's a huge difference between day 1 and day 2.
Nikc wrote:Silknor is the JJ Abrams of mafia modding

User avatar
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: Mafia Round 7: Day 1

Postby Brooklynxman » Fri May 29, 2009 3:42 pm UTC

Im sorry stuff came up. I promise I will look over why people seem to think I am scum today.
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
korora
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:15 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Round 7: Day 1

Postby korora » Fri May 29, 2009 3:57 pm UTC

Vieto wrote:I don't think MoA is scum. He has been overall helpful in the game, as shown in his suggestion on how to get as much info out of the traitor as possible (now impossible, of course), and also suggested an optimal cop time. He was also worried about the roleblocker in that post, implying he either hadn't really paid attention to roleblocker falls (doctor blocks roleblock), and showing he, at least, wasn't the roleblocker or doctor.
Vieto wrote:MoA, really, over-reaction.

Add to that that you began the conversation about the traitor, resulting in the traitor being greatly restricted and many people wanting to know the traitor's ID, I wasn't really suspecting you before, but what a hole you have dug.

Vote: MoA
I find it interesting that you first think that discussing the traitor is pro-town, and then two days later use it as your main argument against him. I find it extremely interesting.

I also find it frustrating that despite the fact that Amy's analysis of MoA was completely flawed, as I pointed out, I have yet to get a full response from her, and people continue to ignore me and bandwagon. I'm still waiting to hear from her about Entropy as well. Needless to say, it's highly suspicious to post faulty and incriminating analysis. I'm actually getting tempted to switch my vote, but I'll wait to hear what Brook has to say.
Last.fm|Steam|Xbox LIVE|23||
[8:22pm] cf: you know what i like?
[8:23pm] Tigerlion: what do you like, CF?
[8:23pm] cf: you guys
[8:24pm] cf: man...out of all the things that could have come to my head...that was by far the lamest

User avatar
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: Mafia Round 7: Day 1

Postby Brooklynxman » Fri May 29, 2009 4:49 pm UTC

Starting reread now, but in regards to the traitor:

Isn't better not to talk about how to find the traitor till we think the traitor is dead, because if we talk about it beforehand we are helping the mafia find the traitor. Even if you say "oh I assume they are as smart as me" 20 minds are certainly better then however many the mafia have without looking it up (offhand Im gonna say 6?).

Thus, the ones talking about it most are either town playing it not-so-smart, or mafia doing the same (see second part)

While people encouraging it but not posting much actual meat on how to do it are likely mafia trying to encourage townies to feed them ideas.

TO THE REREAD. AWAY!
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: Mafia Round 7: Day 1

Postby Brooklynxman » Fri May 29, 2009 5:05 pm UTC

Brooklynxman: I get a lot of bad feeling. He's playing it verrrry safe. Wants a good lead, but if not, LtL. But you know, he doesn't trust MoA either. His opinion is bouncing around, changing with the moment. He doesn't come up with an idea and stick to it letting others influence as the game switches, but instead bounces with each new fling.


There isn't really much to stick on. I distrust MoA because of all the previously stated reasons, and have found in the past repeating reasons to be a scumtell, thus, I didn't (pleas eodn't wifom oh hes trying not to seem scummy, I try that as town and as scum, seeing as when i am town i dont want to be lynched if it can be avoided either)

es, he's been a prolific poster in this thread, something I can't exactly claim about myself. However, he has a pattern of making short, low-content posts, and consistently agreeing with whatever the trend in the thread is. When people are voting for Mega, he hops on, all gung ho with the LaL. Then, when Rahl dissents, he quickly shifts his opinion to match - to the point that he's angry that he didn't see the post soon enough to agree faster.


All those posts about mega were after MR22's post, I had simply missed it, and upon reading it, I instantly had misgivings and unvoted. Note: that WASNT popular opinion yet, I was the first person to respond to it and agree and take the action of unvoting mega.
This strikes me as a particularly scummy line to use. The best thing a townie can do is voice their opinion and argue for their convictions. Agreeing with the popular opinion is a clear scum tactic. Also, his MoA vote was a no-reasoning bandwagon... and now he wants to take credit for voting for MoA, despite the fact that we still don't know if he's scum or not.

But the point isn't whether MoA is scum or not there, the point is that I AM standing by my convictions, those being that I think MoA is scum. And it being Day 1, even that conviction is weak, as most Day 1 reasoning is. It is the best reasoning I have.
My grain of salt here is that I pretty much always find Brook to be scummy, but on the other hand, he's ended up scum pretty often. I actually don't think I've played a game with him in which he was town.

Yeah well, I was in 3 games at a time and scum/cult in all 3 (MP, futuramafia, and BBB). I was like WOAH! ITS A SIGN!

But saying I must be scum b/c I was scum in other games is like me saying "Hey i was scum so much Im due to me town, so I must be town". I dont think anyone can disagree with my logic here.


This is all Ive found along with the numerous claims of my being scummy b/c I voted for MoA without really adding my reasoining. But as I stated further up, my reasoning was simply I agreed and didnt want to repost it for the exact reasoning of I dont want to seem scummy because Im not scum and repeating reasoning is scummy.

Oh and korora said Ive been acting like an "active lurker", I apologize and rereading my posts I will concede I have been to a degree, I will attempt to post more analysis less anything else.
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
korora
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:15 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Round 7: Day 1

Postby korora » Fri May 29, 2009 5:16 pm UTC

Brooklynxman wrote:Isn't better not to talk about how to find the traitor till we think the traitor is dead, because if we talk about it beforehand we are helping the mafia find the traitor. Even if you say "oh I assume they are as smart as me" 20 minds are certainly better then however many the mafia have without looking it up (offhand Im gonna say 6?).
I don't think anyone was really talking about how to find the traitor. People were discussing how the traitor can be most helpful to the town, which is pretty unequivocally a pro-town conversation.

Brooklynxman wrote:But saying I must be scum b/c I was scum in other games is like me saying "Hey i was scum so much Im due to me town, so I must be town". I dont think anyone can disagree with my logic here.
That's not what I was saying. I was giving you some benefit of the doubt by saying that it's not unusual for me to find you scummy, much like I often find Kipper and MoA scummy when they're town. I qualified that by saying that I couldn't remember seeing you play town, so I wasn't sure whether I'd find townie-Brook scummy or not.

Brooklynxman wrote:I distrust MoA because of all the previously stated reasons, and have found in the past repeating reasons to be a scumtell, thus, I didn't
I'd really like to hear your reasons. Some of the "previously stated" reasons are terrible.
Last.fm|Steam|Xbox LIVE|23||
[8:22pm] cf: you know what i like?
[8:23pm] Tigerlion: what do you like, CF?
[8:23pm] cf: you guys
[8:24pm] cf: man...out of all the things that could have come to my head...that was by far the lamest

Rakysh
Posts: 1276
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:39 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Round 7: Day 1

Postby Rakysh » Fri May 29, 2009 8:13 pm UTC

Silknor wrote:And can someone explain how lynch the lurker is a massively pro-town move in a game where the mods are willing to replace inactives? No one defends lurkers, and so you get almost no information from it. There's a huge difference between day 1 and day 2.


I concur on the b.i.o front. As to Lurker lynching, inactives =/= lurkers. Lurkers do actually post, but don't post anything useful to the town and try to stay under the radar. Inactives just don't post. Mods don't kill lurkers, they kill inactives.


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: flicky1991, Google [Bot] and 11 guests