Large and in Charge: Mafia Round 7: MAFIA WIN!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread

Re: Mafia Round 7: Day 1

Postby Sungura » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:42 am UTC

After this post of yours (on pg 6 when you first asked):
Dromtry wrote:Please don't call people by names that aren't their usernames ere on the forum. This is my first game, and I have no clue who 'Amy' is.

These were the next two:
Korora wrote:Amy is Sungura.

vieto wrote:but Amy was her user name.

No one is hiding anything from you Dromtry :| you were told right away after you asked. ;)
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Postby crucialityfactor » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:48 am UTC

I think we need to get a mod in here to give Korora a new title...cause he's such a little cutie-pie with his little pink bow...

b.i.o
Green is the loneliest number

Postby b.i.o » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:45 am UTC

So I just took a look back at the votes that have been made on MoA. The two names that stuck out at me were Vieto and dromtry. Both voted without doing anything other than agreeing with previously made arguments and both have since said nothing at all or almost nothing. They're not the only ones doing this--just the most obvious.

This disturbs me, because it's not like this has been a simple bandwagon. There are a significant number of people voting for Brook and they've given reasons for not voting for MoA, but most of the people voting for MoA haven't given reasons for keeping their vote where it is. This is lazy. I don't care if it's day 1 or not: the game starts on day 1, and day 1 play matters in the long run.

dedalus

Postby dedalus » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:07 am UTC

Well there's only a limited number of reasons for why you can vote for someone... If someone's convinced you of their reasons then there's no reason to NOT follow the bandwagon, so on a 11-strong bandwagon lack of reason isn't a bad idea. That being said, if Vieto or Dromtry voted earlier, there might be a reason to be suspicious.

In reality, with the deadline looming so close, even though conversation is still good, it's hardly going to happen, simply because most people have stuck their votes on someone, and as such have lost their threatening power till tomorrow, unless they switch votes. With the deadline looming, unless there's a sudden change to brook I think MoA may just have his wish fulfilled.
doogly wrote:Oh yea, obviously they wouldn't know Griffiths from Sakurai if I were throwing them at them.

Entropy

Postby Entropy » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:59 am UTC

Alright, I haven't felt good about either MoA or brook as a lynch target, and I finally had a bit of time to allocate for some re-reading of the thread. I agree with b.i.o that both Dromtry and Vieto have largely let their votes sit without good reason, but Dromtry sticks out to me more. She seems incredibly eager to lynch MoA:

Dromtry wrote:Vote: MoA because he just admitted he isn't going to read through pages of text, which will make any moves he makes D2+ have very little basis.

Your lazy vote also has very little basis.

Dromtry wrote:I notice something about MoA, the other game I'm playing with him and this one, he's become a target quickly. This could be two things: he may be scum in both games or he could just be bad at being town. Not lynching him means either we let a mobster live, or we leave someone who can help conceal mafia by accident, because if we grow suspicious of MoA everyday, what scumtells are we missing from other people? We dissect what could be a plain old townie's posts while someone else is saying "HURP DURP I'M MAFIA!1" and we miss it.

FoS: MoA as Mafia Sympathizer

I am not changing my vote.

[I hope you guys understood me, I'm a bit pressed for time right now.]

Hypocritical much? "He will distract us from noticing scum... so let's be distracted by him today instead of looking for scum!"

Dromtry wrote:Vote: MoA since the votes were reset.

Dromtry wrote:I thought we were pretty solid voting for MoA, but the Broklynxman stuff has come up. I find it suspicious, but I'm still weary of MoA.

I think I'll Unvote for now, reread the thread, and vote again later.

Dromtry wrote:Vote: MoA

I re-read the whole thread, and I think MoA is the guy.

If MoA is to be lynched today, I think Dromtry may be a good choice for an investigation tonight.

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:33 am UTC

Entropy wrote:Alright, I haven't felt good about either MoA or brook as a lynch target, and I finally had a bit of time to allocate for some re-reading of the thread. I agree with b.i.o that both Dromtry and Vieto have largely let their votes sit without good reason, but Dromtry sticks out to me more. She seems incredibly eager to lynch MoA:

Dromtry wrote:Vote: MoA because he just admitted he isn't going to read through pages of text, which will make any moves he makes D2+ have very little basis.

Your lazy vote also has very little basis.

Dromtry wrote:I notice something about MoA, the other game I'm playing with him and this one, he's become a target quickly. This could be two things: he may be scum in both games or he could just be bad at being town. Not lynching him means either we let a mobster live, or we leave someone who can help conceal mafia by accident, because if we grow suspicious of MoA everyday, what scumtells are we missing from other people? We dissect what could be a plain old townie's posts while someone else is saying "HURP DURP I'M MAFIA!1" and we miss it.

FoS: MoA as Mafia Sympathizer

I am not changing my vote.

[I hope you guys understood me, I'm a bit pressed for time right now.]

Hypocritical much? "He will distract us from noticing scum... so let's be distracted by him today instead of looking for scum!"

Dromtry wrote:Vote: MoA since the votes were reset.

Dromtry wrote:I thought we were pretty solid voting for MoA, but the Broklynxman stuff has come up. I find it suspicious, but I'm still weary of MoA.

I think I'll Unvote for now, reread the thread, and vote again later.

Dromtry wrote:Vote: MoA

I re-read the whole thread, and I think MoA is the guy.

If MoA is to be lynched today, I think Dromtry may be a good choice for an investigation tonight.

I am impressed.
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:42 am UTC

That seriously was one of the most excellent day 1 cases ever created.

Spoiler:

Silknor

Postby Silknor » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:25 am UTC

What in the world is Brook trying to do here?

The last 3 entries in Entropy's post are of little importance. The other two shed some suspicion on Dromtry but I'd still rather lynch Brook or B.i.o. The first makes at least a minimal amount of sense, townies have about 0 chance of figuring out who to lynch if they don't read, scum can get away with being lazy a bit more. Not a great reason, and yes it looks eager to lynch, but I've seen countless worse reasons, especially for people joining bandwagons (which Dromtry was there, not that this excuses it, but it should be noted, it may make Dromtry's reasoning seem less scummy, but his actions seem more scummy). The second of Dromtry thing is just the old muddying the waters thing, it's not that uncommon day 1, and not too suspicious by itself. Day 1 is about the least important day possible for scum finding so Dromtry's desire to get rid of the muddying players early, while not necessarily something I advocate, isn't that bad of a strategy (I don't really have a problem with lynching MoA, I just think Brook is far more suspicious and dangerous).

So coming back to it, Brook's posts only make me more suspicious. Is he just trying to jump on any old bandwagon now, expecting that MoA will soon die and he is currently in the lead for tomorrow's lynch? Or is it something more sinister? Obviously the later question will be easier to interpret tomorrow, but for now at least, Brook's statements seem highly forced, which lead me to suspect they are insincere. He doesn't point out anything he likes about the argument, and then makes two posts? This doesn't seem natural to me, though of course someone who has played with him in more games might know better. He's throwing around a lot of suspicions and manipulations in his attempt to avoid being lynched, I think it's far more important to lynch him than MoA.

As for Dromtry, I'd want to keep an eye on him tomorrow, but he's not in my top 3 for suspicions right now (he's only 4th!).
Nikc wrote:Silknor is the JJ Abrams of mafia modding

dedalus

Postby dedalus » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:06 am UTC

I'll second this. In all the games I've seen that brook has been in them, his townie behaviour has seemed a lot more reasoned and directed. Honestly right now I don't know what on earth he's getting at, because he's posting line after line after line of absolutely 0 content. If there was a jester in the game, I'd have him pinned as jester. Right now, I've got him pinned as scum. I'd really advocate a lynch of brooklynxman simply to fix the troubles in my mind, and we can return to the case against MoA tomorrow...

Thinking about it, MoA's morbid view of his own prospects makes me think he might even give up his own role... MoA are you town or scum-aligned?
doogly wrote:Oh yea, obviously they wouldn't know Griffiths from Sakurai if I were throwing them at them.

Entropy

Postby Entropy » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:45 am UTC

Not to shoot down my own skills, but I must admit it is unlikely that my argument against Dromtry was the most brilliant day one analysis in the history of mafia. ;)

I am now sufficiently convinced that brook is a good choice for my vote today, though the manner in which he has thrown himself out as a target seems erratic, even for him. Regardless, at this point he is obviously a better choice than MoA and we will almost certainly learn more from his death.

Vote: Brooklynxman

dedalus

Postby dedalus » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:32 am UTC

And now I have votes going for Brook in 2 games. He must really hate me :P.

Master_Rahl22

Postby Master_Rahl22 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:27 pm UTC

I'm torn. I still feel like MoA is scum, but Brook has been acting very strange. If two people switch from MoA to Brook, Brook will be lynched instead. I will think about things some more today and consider changing my vote.
"Master Rahl guide us. Master Rahl teach us. Master Rahl protect us. In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve. Our lives are yours."

The book, not the stupid tv show.

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Postby MasterOfAll » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:21 pm UTC

dedalus wrote:Thinking about it, MoA's morbid view of his own prospects makes me think he might even give up his own role... MoA are you town or scum-aligned?

I am a regular, vanilla townie.

And, I am going on vacation in about a week. I don't know how much internet access I will have. So, really, I don't mind getting killed off in this game.

And, now you made me post in here again, when I said I wasn't planning to!
Kipper wrote:SERIOUSLY. Listen to MoA, he knows his stuff. . . High five MoA!
(not funny, but true)
ameretrifle wrote:MoA is an astute logician and is, in fact, directly related to Sherlock Holmes on his mother's side.
(ditto for this one)

crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Postby crucialityfactor » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:49 pm UTC

Vote Count:

MasterOfAll- 11 (Kipper, Sungura, Rakysh, mister k, Vieto, Azrael001, Brooklynxman, MartinW, existential_elevator. Dromtry, Master_Rahl22)
Brooklynxman- 8 (Korora, dedalus, une see, cycoden, VectorZero, Silknor, MasterOfAll, Entropy)
Master_Rahl22- 1 (b.i.o)

12 to Lynch

Wow...only 2 people haven't voted by my count...that's impressive.

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:11 pm UTC

crucialityfactor wrote:Vote Count:

MasterOfAll- 11 (Kipper, Sungura, Rakysh, mister k, Vieto, Azrael001, Brooklynxman, MartinW, existential_elevator. Dromtry, Master_Rahl22)
Brooklynxman- 8 (Korora, dedalus, une see, cycoden, VectorZero, Silknor, MasterOfAll, Entropy)
Master_Rahl22- 1 (b.i.o)

12 to Lynch

Wow...only 2 people haven't voted by my count...that's impressive.
We mods can not vote though... WAIT ARE YOU SAYING I CAN VOTE!?
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

Rakysh

Postby Rakysh » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:14 pm UTC

Yes, so if you'll kindly vote for who you "think" is scum, that'd be awesome.

Silknor

Postby Silknor » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:28 pm UTC

Gojoe wrote:Vote: Rakysh
Nikc wrote:Silknor is the JJ Abrams of mafia modding

crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Postby crucialityfactor » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:09 pm UTC

Silknor wrote:
Gojoe wrote:Vote: Rakysh

Is that a direct quote from a PM?!

une see
Is my girl

Postby une see » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:31 pm UTC

Yeah...Brook still has my vote, no question.
T.S. Eliot in "The Waste Land" wrote:APRIL is the cruellest month, breeding
Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
Memory and desire, stirring
Dull roots with spring rain.

Entropy

Postby Entropy » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:02 pm UTC

We have less than 12 hours left... whichever way this swings, it's going to be down to the wire.

dedalus

Postby dedalus » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:29 pm UTC

Well, we shall have to see. I'm not going to re-tread the arguments to make people vote for brook as though I think he's scum, I also think that my scumdar is terrible :(. So, all I have to say is, people sitting on MoA, have a look through the arguments for brook being scum compared to the arguments for MoA being scum. Currently I think there's a better case against brook, if you agree you should be voting for him.

Dromtry

Postby Dromtry » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:21 am UTC

Aw shit.
~steve

crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Postby crucialityfactor » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:19 am UTC

40 minutes to deadline.

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:26 am UTC

I've read the post against Brook. I'm beginning to think that Brook may be more scummy than Master... of All. (excuse the short post, but I think all of the reasons are posted above, and the 40 minute deadline is... well, yah.)

unvote, vote Brook

It's coming down to the wire. This is the closes day 1 lynch I've seen in a while.

crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Postby crucialityfactor » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:34 am UTC

Vote Count:

MasterOfAll- 10 (Kipper, Sungura, Rakysh, mister k, Azrael001, Brooklynxman, MartinW, existential_elevator. Dromtry, Master_Rahl22)
Brooklynxman- 9 (Korora, dedalus, une see, cycoden, VectorZero, Silknor, MasterOfAll, Entropy, Vieto)
Master_Rahl22- 1 (b.i.o)

12 to Lynch

Soooooo close.

15 minutes.

dedalus

Postby dedalus » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:38 am UTC

ONLY 12 MINUTES!!! GET TO THE LYNCHMOBILE.
DO IT NAOWWWW

Entropy

Postby Entropy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:50 am UTC

This is madness!
Entropy kicks brook into a bottomless pit in slow motion

keIIsbeIIs

Postby keIIsbeIIs » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:03 am UTC

Vote: BrooklynXMan

What do you mean I'm not the real kells?

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:06 am UTC

Do not make me figure out who you are sir. Because I will.

crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Postby crucialityfactor » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:09 am UTC

Vote Count:

MasterOfAll- 10 (Kipper, Sungura, Rakysh, mister k, Azrael001, Brooklynxman, MartinW, existential_elevator. Dromtry, Master_Rahl22)
Brooklynxman- 9 (Korora, dedalus, une see, cycoden, VectorZero, Silknor, MasterOfAll, Entropy, Vieto)
Master_Rahl22- 1 (b.i.o)

12 to Lynch

After a long day full of much talking and finger pointing the Town had decided on two lynch targets. Master took the early lead, but Brook charged late. In the end the town decided that they couldn't really decide on a majority, so they all gathered around Master and Brook, both tied to the gallows. A person among the crowd said "Raise your hand if you think Master should die!" 11 hands were raised, well, 10, Brook kinda raised his elbow. "Ok, now who wants Brook to die?" 9 hands and a Master elbow.

Master has been lynched.

Let's try to keep the night to 48 hours at most, the game is moving well and I'd like to keep it that way.

Also, mafia, please CC Gojoe and myself on all your PMs. There's no listening role, we just want to listen in for our own sick pleasures.

korora

Postby korora » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:28 am UTC

crucialityfactor wrote:
Gojoe wrote:For future refernce. Do not ever vote for someone called "master". MasterOfAll can be shortened to MoA and Master_Rahl22 can be called Rahl, or MR22 like brook did, but neither can be shortened to master

Yeah...you might just get modkilled.
crucialityfactor wrote:Master
crucialityfactor wrote:Master has been lynched.
Last.fm|Steam|Xbox LIVE|23||
[8:22pm] cf: you know what i like?
[8:23pm] Tigerlion: what do you like, CF?
[8:23pm] cf: you guys
[8:24pm] cf: man...out of all the things that could have come to my head...that was by far the lamest

Gojoe

Re: Mafia Round 7: Night 1!

Postby Gojoe » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:43 am UTC

haha. He did that on purpose. One post and they caught on cf, didn't even last until day time. awesome.

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:44 am UTC

Also incase you did not read until the end of cf's post. CC me and him in all night communications (and actions obviously)

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:28 am UTC

I know it's night but I haz question.
Did you miss Kell's vote by accident or on purpose?
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq

crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Postby crucialityfactor » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:29 am UTC

Korora has benn modkilled for being a smart guy.

Not really...

crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Postby crucialityfactor » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:30 am UTC

Sungura wrote:I know it's night but I haz question.
Did you miss Kell's vote by accident or on purpose?

What vote?

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:39 am UTC

Oh. Erm. Okay. I see.
copy cat.

Dromtry

Postby Dromtry » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:29 pm UTC

BTW, I am a guy.
~steve

Azrael001

Postby Azrael001 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:25 pm UTC

That's what she said.

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:11 pm UTC

Azrael001 wrote:That's what she said.

+10 internets

Spoiler:

Return to “Mafia”