Large and in Charge: Mafia Round 7: MAFIA WIN!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: Large and in Charge: Mafia Round 7: Day 6!

Postby existential_elevator » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:04 pm UTC

It's not so difficult for a scum-team to coordinate a lie. It's also, you know, relatively smart for real town power roles [especially the doctor] to stay very quiet on what might be a really crucial night for hitman kills.

And yeah, what Felstaff said about the complete lack of analysis. I have been calling for it all day. Amy has been encouraging us hard not to think :roll:

And Amy, with 8 [maybe nine] active players with 6 to decide, you'd have to hope for scum to vote for themselves to get a large enough number.
existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby crucialityfactor » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:23 pm UTC

Official Vote Count:

Sungura- 4 (existential_elevator, VectorZero, Entropy, Felstaff)
Felstaff- 4 (Azrael001, Sungura, Vieto, korora)

6 to lynch.

I have modpoked the two people who haven't voted.
crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Postby Sungura » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:37 am UTC

Well I have been clear about things. So you all know what to do tomorrow if I am dead. There's really nothing more to say until the last two votes come in or end of day is called.

e_e you are making a horrible mistake. I still hold out hope you will change your mind and your vote.
"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." ~ Einstein
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread

Postby cycoden » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:44 am UTC

OK I am back people. (Sorry about the long absence)

Between El Felstaffo and the sweet, innocent-faced Sungura... well I find them both suspicious actually, but my gut was telling me to vote for sungura last time I was actually participating.

I will actually attempt to catch up, and place a solidly grounded vote.
VectorZero wrote:SEXUAL INTERCOURSE DISGUSTS ME!
Spoiler:
Bulvox wrote:This is probably one of the few times that I'll agree with Cycoden on anything. I just wish that my brain worked like that.
cycoden

Postby cycoden » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:25 pm UTC

I have a bad feeling that my vote could end this game very quickly, since I doubt MR22 will show.

After reviewing the last four pages of postage, well its a bit of a mess. But I don't trust Az's claim for a yoctosecond.

Hence:

Vote: Sungura

PS: I am the Stig.
Spoiler:
Bulvox wrote:This is probably one of the few times that I'll agree with Cycoden on anything. I just wish that my brain worked like that.
cycoden

Postby Sungura » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:38 pm UTC

Cycoden, you are making a huge mistake.

How can I convince you guys of this? I don't know what else to say. This is all so OBVIOUS as to who the scum really are! Really, cycoden, ALL THREE TOWN POWER ROLES claim my innocence! What more do you need?
"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." ~ Einstein
Sungura

Postby crucialityfactor » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:42 pm UTC

Official Vote Count:

Sungura- 5 (existential_elevator, VectorZero, Entropy, Felstaff, cycoden)
Felstaff- 4 (Azrael001, Sungura, Vieto, korora)

6 to lynch.

MR_22 still hasn't read his pm. I'll give him a few days, but expect a time limit being imposed in the near future.
crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Postby crucialityfactor » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:21 pm UTC

Day will end Monday 7/27 at approx. 10pm edt.
crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Postby Gojoe » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:13 am UTC

At which times the person with the most votes will be lynched. And if it is even, you will make both of us mods angry.
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.
Gojoe

Postby Entropy » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:18 am UTC

Gojoe wrote:At which times the person with the most votes will be lynched. And if it is even, you will make both of us mods angry.

Now I'm almost tempted to unvote just to see what would happen.
Entropy

Postby Gojoe » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:19 am UTC

You can unvote, as long as people follow or something. Otherwise you just lose.

Gojoe

Postby Entropy » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:25 am UTC

Me personally, or everybody?
Entropy

Postby Sungura » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:48 am UTC

Well ya'all, it looks like I am dead unless MR22 gets here in time and, oh, I dunno, decide to follow logic and go along with the three town power roles who are ALL claiming my innocence and then votes Felstaff tying us up. Also, I really really hope someone (e_e and cycoden, I'm looking at you two) change your mind.

I have already posted many times what is going on.

If you guys are lucky enough to have a tomorrow (which, I doubt you will) you know what to do.

When I come back as town, I implore you guys to NOT jump on e_e. If there is a tomorrow, if you lynch her you will for sure seal the town's fate then. I know it is going to look very bad for her come morning, but please, leave her alone. Go after Felstaff, Dromtry, and Entropy.

Good luck!
Sungura

Postby Entropy » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:55 am UTC

umm.. Dromtry is dead already.
Entropy

Postby Sungura » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:08 am UTC

Right. Teaches me to post at 11pm after a tiring day when I've not had sleep anyway lately.

Felstaff, Dromtry, Entropy, and VZ were my four. So now dromtry is dead so scratch him from that list.

Sorry about that.
Sungura

Postby Gojoe » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:31 am UTC

DO STUFF!

Gojoe

Postby Entropy » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:33 am UTC

Are you talking to MR22? Because the rest of us already did stuff, and are waiting for day to end so that we can confirm that we killed scum.
Entropy

Postby Sungura » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:45 am UTC

Entropy wrote:Are you talking to MR22? Because the rest of us already did stuff, and are waiting for day to end so that we can confirm that we killed scum.

:roll: Seriously, you guys believe him? That was one of the most scum tell lines I have heard yet.

The town deserves to loose with playing like this, no offense.
Sungura

Postby Gojoe » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:49 am UTC

Entropy wrote:Are you talking to MR22? Because the rest of us already did stuff, and are waiting for day to end so that we can confirm that we killed scum.
NO BAD PANDA! JUST BECAUSE YOU VOTED DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN STOP TALKING! NEVER EVER SAY THAT OR I WILL BEAT YOU TO AN INCH OF YOUR LIFE!

The idea is not to force us to pretty much finish the day for you. The idea is that you guys get a move on to avoid angering the mods.

Gojoe

Postby Sungura » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:52 am UTC

I'm trying my best gojoe, but everyone is ignoring me now.
Sungura

Postby cycoden » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:31 pm UTC

OK then:

Sungura wrote:This is all so OBVIOUS as to who the scum really are!
Its not so obvious to me. And not only is Az's claim prima facie suspect, the fact he states knowledge of the alignment of six people (after five investigations) reeks of carelessness or desperation.

And I don't quite get this: you suggest that e_e is town, but false claiming cop. Now if she was town, she ought to know that she should retract her claim, and let us get on with the business of lynching whoever the real cop thinks is scum (and consider her motives the following morning). The only other goal I could see is to have the mafia off her instead of the real cop... but you'd want to be pretty good at picking scum, otherwise she would seem rather suspicious should she survive to the morning.

Actually, the thing that is giving me the most doubt about my vote is the way the mods are prolonging end of day. I'm actually begining to wonder if you are the traitor and trying to tell us something, since you must know how justified you sound and how suspicious that would seem.

But I'm reluctant to wade too deeply into those WIFOM waters. But instead, might I suggest:

Unvote
Vote: Azrael001

What are people's opinion on lynching Az, given the obvious issues with his cop claim?
Spoiler:
cycoden

Postby cycoden » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:44 pm UTC

Request to mods: If you plan to end the day without a majority lynch, could you please post an approximate deadline - I would appreciate the opportunity to change my vote rather than leave sungura and felstaff tied, and have a coin flip decide the lynch.

Of course, do whatever you see fit. I just assume you've let the day linger for a reason...
Spoiler:
cycoden

Postby Sungura » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:46 pm UTC

Since I have thought he was cop since day 2, I'm not voting for him.

As to e_e, the thing is, she's too deep in now she'd really have to swollow things to retract her statements on me. A townie making a false claim has to go for it full out, whereas a scum is more likely to back out. It is just how things are. I hope she changes, however, I was not and will not be shocked if she does not. See like what happened in PB to me day one when OOTD came out strong against me. (I think it was PB anyway). Gojoe plays the same way when he false claims he goes for it all out. When they do this they are town, if they do it wishy washy they are scum. It makes sense she's not backing out. She should switch her vote and I hope she will, but I highly doubt she will as sorta lost her chance. She could have made a brilliant play earlier today that would have gotten her off the hook totally and since she had (and still has) my support that she is town, she'd have been fine. She could potentially still do this but I doubt she sees this opportunity or she would have taken it by now I bet.

Perhaps I can make a proposal? Vote Felstaff so we can get a lynch on him. I'll work through the options now, there are currently 10 players:
1) He's scum (which, he is, and Dromtry is too) so now we go into night with 2 scum left (VZ and Entropy) and 7 townies (me, e_e, cycoden, az, vieto, korora, mr22). Worst to worst, there are two night kills (hitman + normal) that go through and then you are left 2 scum 5 townie you still control the game and can take out the other two.
2) He's town (which, he isn't) but now we go into night with 3 scum (?, VZ, Entropy) and 6 townies. Worst to worst, the scum gets off two night kills and next day starts with 3 scum 4 townies. If this is somehow the scenario, then that makes me look scummy scum scum and I PROMISE I WILL EVEN VOTE MYSELF if you want me to.

This should alleviate your fears, I think.

Please, can you guys just trust me on this today and then we can deal with tomorrow when it comes? And if you want me to put a vote out on myself I will.

But we have the facts - ALL THREE TOWN POWER ROLES are claiming I am town.
That's a LOT of cooberation for one player. More than I have ever seen before. So we know we have a four block of town here (Az, Vieto, Korora, myself).

However, if you are under the impression that the four block of us are scum, if we are wrong about Felstaff that would prove it, and I am promising you I will vote myself if we are wrong about this, and then the town will still pull out a win tomorrow. Then either way, town wins.

And then if (haha, I almost typed when as I am that sure of it) Felstaff comes back scum tomorrow, we can proceed with lynching Entropy and VZ and pull out the town win still.
Sungura

Postby crucialityfactor » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:48 pm UTC

cycoden wrote:Request to mods: If you plan to end the day without a majority lynch, could you please post an approximate deadline - I would appreciate the opportunity to change my vote rather than leave sungura and felstaff tied, and have a coin flip decide the lynch.

Of course, do whatever you see fit. I just assume you've let the day linger for a reason...

I already did. It ends tonight at 10pm edt I believe.
Last edited by crucialityfactor on Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:56 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Postby Sungura » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:49 pm UTC

cycoden wrote:Request to mods: If you plan to end the day without a majority lynch, could you please post an approximate deadline - I would appreciate the opportunity to change my vote rather than leave sungura and felstaff tied, and have a coin flip decide the lynch.

Um...CF said like 3 days ago the deadline is tonight, 10pm, est. So you have approx 13 hours.
Sungura

Postby Sungura » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:50 pm UTC

crucialityfactor wrote:Day will end Monday 7/27 at approx. 10pm edt.
Right here. It's actually still on this page.

(now watch this be a pagetopper =P)
Sungura

Postby cycoden » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:23 pm UTC

My bad.

In which case, i'm going to have to:
unvote
vote: sungura

I'll try and check in once more before nightfall, but I'm about to sleep
Spoiler:
cycoden

Postby Sungura » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:26 pm UTC

cycoden wrote:My bad.

In which case, i'm going to have to:
unvote
vote: sungura

I'll try and check in once more before nightfall, but I'm about to sleep

Uh..what???
Cycoden, are you drunk? (seriously, are you drunk?)
Sungura

Postby korora » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:11 pm UTC

Ugh. I feel bad about mostly abandoning this game at such a crucial moment, but here I am again, waiting for a layover with my iPhone. Again, I urge whichever of the Sungura bandwagoners are town to reconsider. I agree that what she's saying hasn't been confidence-inspiring, and if I didn't have a cop on her I'd probably vote her too. But unlike her, I'm not confident that Dromtry was scum, and I'm pretty sure the game will be over by the time I get off the plane and have some real internet. Even if I can't convince you Amy is town, I think Felstaff is a reasonable compromise—e_e, at least, voiced suspicion of him earlier.
Last.fm|Steam|Xbox LIVE|23||
[8:22pm] cf: you know what i like?
[8:23pm] Tigerlion: what do you like, CF?
[8:23pm] cf: you guys
[8:24pm] cf: man...out of all the things that could have come to my head...that was by far the lamest
korora

Postby crucialityfactor » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:02 am UTC

AAAAAANNNNNNNNNDDDDDD Scene!

Sungura has been lynched.

It is now night.
crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Postby cycoden » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:02 am UTC

Now look who is throwing insults. I'm dotally not trunk :P

Srsly, my logic is pretty simple: I don't believe Az. He's made the laziest cop claim I think I've ever seen. As well as claiming to know the alignment of more people then there have been nights.

If someone wants to summarise why I shouldn't believe e_e (with relevant quotes), I'll have a look during my lunch break.

I'd rather lynch Az, but I don't think that that will happen in the time remaining hence I switched my vote back to you :)
Spoiler:
cycoden

Re: Large and in Charge: Mafia Round 7: Night 6!

Postby cycoden » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:03 am UTC

Oh. Never mind.
Spoiler:
cycoden

Postby crucialityfactor » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:38 pm UTC

Get your actions in, I plan on starting the day in the next 24-36 hours.
crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Postby crucialityfactor » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:48 pm UTC

Dromtry was The Godfather
Sungura was Vanilla Town
Korora was The Town Inventor
Vieto was The Doctor

7 Players, 4 to lynch.

Lylo.
crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Postby Gojoe » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:50 pm UTC

:) Good stuff town... Looking good.

Gojoe

Re: Large and in Charge: Mafia Round 7: Day 7!

Postby existential_elevator » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:57 pm UTC

What the hell, town? I mean, really? Why would you even claim doctor and actually be the doctor? That's a really stupid thing to claim

I need to re-assess my game-view.
existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby Gojoe » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:00 pm UTC

Gojoe

Postby VectorZero » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:31 am UTC

existential_elevator wrote:I need to re-assess my game-view.

I think you need to tell us how you got a scum result on Sungura. I trusted you ...
Van wrote:Fireballs don't lie.
VectorZero

Postby Entropy » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:26 am UTC

I'll be honest: I was pretty confident that Sungura was scum myself. On the plus side, we got lucky and Dromtry's death gave us one more day to get this right.

At the moment I am rather suspicious of e_e for the aggressive cop claim against Sungura, and would like an explanation.
Entropy

Postby existential_elevator » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:44 am UTC

I was false-claiming in the hopes I guessed right, and the mafia would take out me instead of the real cop. If Az is the real cop I'll eat my boots. If you need an explaination then look at my analysis. Seriously, at that point in the game the only thing that made sense was Sungura being scum, and the way she acted after I said I copped her only confirmed it, especially given she was acting like [and had been consistently acting like] she had some kind of communication with Azrael.

But seriously, though, why would you even claim doctor? :roll:

Anyway, I have no idea. The only lead we're left with is Felstaff and I really don't trust Az. It's pretty understandable if you're pissed with me, but honestly? Amy was calling for a quick vote against VZ [who I still don't really see a lot of good argument for him being scum] and asking that we didn't post up analysis. She was acting incredibly scummily and I was pretty worried that if we didn't out her then she would wind up with more and more control over our not-so-talkative town.

I would also like to point out that all the while I was asking you to take the analysis above the claim, so yeah.
existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia