Supermegacrazymayhem! - Game over - Cult wins!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

b.i.o
Green is the loneliest number

Re: Supermegacrazymayhem! - Day 1 - Once upon a time...

Postby b.i.o » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:26 pm UTC

I agree that it's probably mod-flavor. This game in particular isn't supposed to go slowly, and for now, it is. Day 1 that's a good thing, I think.

b.i.o

Postby b.i.o » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:27 pm UTC

EBWOP: Not a good thing that nothing's happening, but a good thing that we're not doing silly things like bandwagoning without just cause.

Not A Raptor

Postby Not A Raptor » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:28 pm UTC

Even though it would cast reasonable suspicion on the bandwagoners.
Van wrote:I like simple games.

Like Wizardry.

WARNING: Is acting like NaR.
Kellsbells: NAR is a sillypants
Not_A_Raptor: :p
Kellsbells: That is my expert assessment

Azrael001

Postby Azrael001 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:30 pm UTC

My current opinions are that V_O is the most suspicious, followed closely by NaR, then Entropy as a distant third.

Not A Raptor

Postby Not A Raptor » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:39 pm UTC

Azrael001 wrote:My current opinions are that V_O is the most suspicious, followed closely by NaR, then Entropy as a distant third.

And this is DEFINITELY not in the LEAST bit because the very act of pressing somebody for proof that they are scum makes it more likely for the person to slip up or for past errors to be brought up and make the person look scummy, regardless of alignment.

:roll:

(Naturally, scum is more likely to slip up, but pressing a townie too hard will result in a townie pancake. My point is that the fact that attention was on v_o, myself, and (to a lesser extent because it's only now beginning to happen) Entropy makes it more likely that you'll see scumminess. If we pick a random person out for analysis and spend half a page tearing that person's actions to pieces, won't you think "that person ought to die"? I'm not saying that we should stop analysis or suspicion wholesale, but that it should be spread out so we get as much information about as many people as we can.)

Like Wizardry.

b.i.o

Postby b.i.o » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:46 pm UTC

Not A Raptor wrote:Naturally, scum is more likely to slip up

Actually, I'm not sure if I agree with this. Inexperienced scum are more likely to slip up, yes. People who know what they're doing...not so much. At least in my experience. I think a more correct statement would be that it's a lot easier for scum to slip up. They have additional information and that can color their actions if they're not careful, but there are other kinds of mistakes--suggesting bad strategy, for example--that can be the result of ignorance or not thinking things through just as much as they can be scum trying to mislead the town, and I think most of the time these kinds of mistakes fall into the former category rather than the latter.

Az, I've seen a lot of voting and not very many reasons from you. Once, sure, but twice, and this early? That I find unusual, even for you.
vote: Azrael001

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:52 pm UTC

My scumminess goes as such:

NaR
Entropy
Az (so far behind he thinks he's first)

and VO not at all, though both Entropy and AZ are awaiting a review of their actions
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:

Kipper

Postby Kipper » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:28 am UTC

Any particular reasons there Brook? Or are you just copy-pasting others' suspicions?
Amy: (11:06:09 PM) ***Amy huggles Kipper
Amy: (11:06:13 PM) Amy: Leave my fishy alone.

[3:05pm] Amy: NO TOUCHING KIPPER
[3:05pm] Amy: MY FISHY!

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:45 am UTC

Kipper wrote:Any particular reasons there Brook? Or are you just copy-pasting others' suspicions?

Ive already expounded my reasoning on NaR, and the other two like I said I need to (am) looking back at exactly what they did to see if I find it scummy myself.

I dont think VO is really scummy at all, as I dont think VO expected it to go through after having thought about it.

Spoiler:

Not A Raptor

Postby Not A Raptor » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:26 am UTC

Brooklynxman wrote:
Kipper wrote:Any particular reasons there Brook? Or are you just copy-pasting others' suspicions?

Ive already expounded my reasoning on NaR, and the other two like I said I need to (am) looking back at exactly what they did to see if I find it scummy myself.

I dont think VO is really scummy at all, as I dont think VO expected it to go through after having thought about it.

[joke]Based on your reactions to me in other recent games, I believe that you may be a bit of a NARphobe. This might be coloring your perception of my posts.[/joke]

In all honesty, what is it you want from me? You tore into me when you believed that my post was a plea to end the day. After I explained what I was saying and said that I would like as much discussion as possible, you tore into me for 'switching sides'. Your posts lately are just suspicions, however, so I think you might be warming up a bit more at this moment, but haven't yet seen anybody send as much of a scumdar ping your way. I have one idea as to why I seem so scummy to you, but I don't think it wise of me to speak it, for fear that it might be true.

Like Wizardry.

Not A Raptor

Postby Not A Raptor » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:31 am UTC

EBWOP: I also want to try something...

Use: Whiskers

Like Wizardry.

ameretrifle
Vera

Postby ameretrifle » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:03 am UTC

Votes all over the place... there's something suspicious about this, even for day one. No shock there, though, not in this game. Wouldn't be surprised if there were a role that required it.

I'm inclined to give Az a pass for today, because yeah, he's been a bit absent-minded and vote-hoppy, but nothing that strikes me as abnormal for him. It's just how he rolls, and it's got its upside: someone's got to make a move, and he has some damn good instincts. The case against NAR seems a bit weak to me, even for day one... Now, the Entropy idea... That was a VERY quick vote, and yeah, that one raises some flags in my mind. Not enough to vote yet, but him I'm gonna be watching.

Yeah, it was in the OP that there is no night and anyone who's allowed to PM each other can do so whenever they want... which means if they've got any sense, the Mafia and cult(s) are plotting against us right now. Of course, any lovers/masons/pro-town people with PMs are probably doing so too-- at least, I hope they are... this means both pro-town and anti-town factions will be able to coordinate better during the day. We can only hope that'll balance out... I suppose there might be a listener role of some sort, too, given it all is supposed to be copied to the mods too? Maybe the fear of that will keep the scum in check...

Anyway, for the moment, I think I'm going to keep watching and waiting. And hoping NAR's whiskers thing is both real and awesome.

poprocks and coke

Postby poprocks and coke » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:26 am UTC

So, it seems to me, at the moment, that there isn't much to comment on. Since NAR explained his post more thoroughly no-one really seems that scummy. Az's hopping seems more like trying to move things along then trying to start a bandwagon. V_O is still coming off as a little off, but it's not vote-worthy. The scummiest thing I've seen so far is entropy's vote for mpolo. It was based on nothing but a different view of the no-night situation, and a little too quick to seem kosher. So, on that note,

Vote: entropy

dedalus

Postby dedalus » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:56 am UTC

ameretrifle, thou dost raise fair point at strange nature of this game.
A vote 'gainst entropy, that I will not buy.
For as much as v_o doth raise banter
This vote by no means be against the town.

I would raise question as to which the thoughts
of other rhyming members of the town
for though one vote raises accord, at two
we start the train, pulling at straws
and lynch for little reason of our own.

I am slowly 'coming accustomed
to rhyming measures of two and five,
it seemth though that i will never though
becomth a wordsmith level with the bard
doogly wrote:Oh yea, obviously they wouldn't know Griffiths from Sakurai if I were throwing them at them.

apricity
almost grown-up but not quite

Postby apricity » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:06 am UTC

I haven't come up with a lot to say yet in this game, but one thing I would like to mention is that often people who speak strangely are assumed to be town because they draw so much attention to themselves. But AS specifically said not to assume anything in this game, so I would be wary of the people speaking in verse.

I'm still not ready to make a vote, I am working on rereading the thread now.
LE4d wrote:have you considered becoming an electron

it takes just a little practice to learn to be
(she/her/hers)

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:27 am UTC

Not A Raptor wrote:
Brooklynxman wrote:

[joke]Based on your reactions to me in other recent games, I believe that you may be a bit of a NARphobe. This might be coloring your perception of my posts.[/joke]

In all honesty, what is it you want from me? You tore into me when you believed that my post was a plea to end the day. After I explained what I was saying and said that I would like as much discussion as possible, you tore into me for 'switching sides'. Your posts lately are just suspicions, however, so I think you might be warming up a bit more at this moment, but haven't yet seen anybody send as much of a scumdar ping your way. I have one idea as to why I seem so scummy to you, but I don't think it wise of me to speak it, for fear that it might be true.

You seemed to switch sides after we said something about it.

Im willing to let it go for today for a number of reasons not the least of it being it was D1 seemingly small mistake, however, I have my eye on you. Your top of my scummy list because I haven't really found anyone truly scummy yet, not because you are ultimate uber-scummy.

I am getting a bad vibe off you, though it seems to be getting less with time.

Anyway NaR, for the moment I think we should pursue other lynch targets then you. Looking back, I agree with the arguments about Az and Entropy. For me its a matter of which one we should lynch first for now. I'll get back to you on that. Its too late to do analysis leading up to a vote. Ive done this before, never ended well.

Spoiler:

SuperTD

Postby SuperTD » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:57 am UTC

lanicita wrote:I haven't come up with a lot to say yet in this game, but one thing I would like to mention is that often people who speak strangely are assumed to be town because they draw so much attention to themselves. But AS specifically said not to assume anything in this game, so I would be wary of the people speaking in verse.

I'm still not ready to make a vote, I am working on rereading the thread now.

This. Just because someone has an interesting role, doesn't mean we can discount them from being mafia. I'm not sure that any of them are, although Entropy is a little suspicious, but as lancita said, we can't discount ANYONE.
nightlina wrote:Damn.. if there was a cannon ball thrown for every time someone was wrong on the internet.. well... I don't think we'd have enough cannon balls!

dedalus

Postby dedalus » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:07 pm UTC

It seems that these orbs do more then distract
and I would warn all that play for the town
that relying on powers 'fore days end
will result only in dismal dismay.
doogly wrote:Oh yea, obviously they wouldn't know Griffiths from Sakurai if I were throwing them at them.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:10 pm UTC

dedalus wrote:It seems that these orbs do more then distract

This suggestion made me recall
When, in elemental, Az let his electrons fall.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

BeerBottle

Postby BeerBottle » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:57 pm UTC

dedalus wrote:It seems that these orbs do more then distract

So dedalus are you saying that the orbs have blocked our powers today? You sound like you are stating this as fact rather than speculation, but it can be hard to tell with your (very accomplished) poetic language. If you are stating this as fact - how do you know this? - did you try to use a power and it fizzled? Or did you lauch the orbs yourself? Or do you have another way of knowing?

Entropy

Postby Entropy » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:15 pm UTC

We had hoped that findith I,
with an investigation,
some evidence to back my gut,
some fair justification.

Alas, the orbs doth block my view,
and knock me cross the face,
so I've nothing but instinct to,
support the vote I placed.

Princess Marzipan

Postby Princess Marzipan » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:05 pm UTC

BeerBottle wrote:So dedalus are you saying that the orbs have blocked our powers today? You sound like you are stating this as fact rather than speculation, but it can be hard to tell with your (very accomplished) poetic language. If you are stating this as fact - how do you know this? - did you try to use a power and it fizzled? Or did you lauch the orbs yourself? Or do you have another way of knowing?

Well, it's a fair assumption to make. Indeed, something similar happened overnight in Elemental - targets were randomized for night actions. It could be that the orbs would have a similar effect. It does seem that dedalus has more than speculation with which to back this up.

Entropy, what's this 'we' crap? Got a mouse in your pocket?
"It's Saturday night. I've got no date, a two-liter of Shasta, and my all-Rush mixtape. Let's rock!"
"I am just about to be brilliant!"
General_Norris, on feminism, wrote:If you lose your six Pokémon, you lost.

Entropy

Postby Entropy » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:54 pm UTC

Princess Marzipan wrote:Entropy, what's this 'we' crap? Got a mouse in your pocket?

Mouse I have not, unless you imply,
that mouseish in form lover be,
the source of the info that dedalus has,
hath come directly from me.

AngrySquirrel
Hellish Sex Goddess

Postby AngrySquirrel » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:44 pm UTC

Votals:
1 - V_O (Az)
2 - mpolo (Entropy, moody)
2 Entropy (Princess Marzipan, poprock and coke)
1 Azrael001 (b.i.o)

A swarm of rats suddently zerg-rushes b.i.o and eats his vote.
Putting the fist into pacifist.

they/them/theirs

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:49 pm UTC

I wonder if that was an automatic response to him voting Az
Vote: Az

Thought occurred to me, figure it was worth testing.

Dinner time or Id post more.

Spoiler:

AngrySquirrel
Hellish Sex Goddess

Postby AngrySquirrel » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:59 pm UTC

Votals:
1 - V_O (Az)
1 Azrael001 (Brooklynxman)
Putting the fist into pacifist.

they/them/theirs

Not A Raptor

Postby Not A Raptor » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:01 pm UTC

I wonder if that had anything to do with the whisker... That thing didn't come with an instruction manual. :|

Like Wizardry.

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:06 pm UTC

Unvote

Experiment failed. Thats not what did it.

Id like to see bio try and vote someone else now (though I suspect I know what'll happen, if it doesnt it means he is only blocked from voting Az which would be interesting).

Spoiler:

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:07 pm UTC

If dedalus knew what he was talking about
The whiskers' efficacy is cast in doubt.
But whiskers can belong on a cat
And a vote was eaten by its food, the rat.
But to confirm this how?
NotaRaptor, can you give us a kind meow?
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

Not A Raptor

Postby Not A Raptor » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:22 pm UTC

All I had was the item, and not a mote of the information surrounding it. You see, I came into the posession of the whisker second-hand.

Like Wizardry.

Rodan
Any title.

Postby Rodan » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:39 pm UTC

Ah, day one. I never have anything to say on you.

Not A Raptor

Postby Not A Raptor » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:47 pm UTC

One would think that you'd have something to say...

Like Wizardry.

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:44 am UTC

NaR: no idea who it is, or do you think it would be best for the town if they remain hidden for now?

Spoiler:

Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread

Postby Sungura » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:10 am UTC

Votals:
1 - V_O (Az)

Also, AS will be busy the next few days so I get to create havoc with this game.

For starters, you all are slow. I hereby give you 48 hours to get up to speed with your katanas and nunchucks for open season daykills. And the orbs of distraction are at work in the hearts of men so beware!
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:36 am UTC

Sungura wrote:Votals:
1 - V_O (Az)

Also, AS will be busy the next few days so I get to create havoc with this game.

For starters, you all are slow. I hereby give you 48 hours to get up to speed with your katanas and nunchucks for open season daykills. And the orbs of distraction are at work in the hearts of men so beware!

Yeah, the dragon was modflavor.

Spoiler:

b.i.o

Postby b.i.o » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:38 am UTC

b.i.o wrote:vote: Azrael001

b.i.o

Postby b.i.o » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:39 am UTC

EBWOP: oh, I missed that part.

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:43 am UTC

b.i.o wrote:EBWOP: oh, I missed that part.

The someone else part?

Spoiler:

b.i.o

Postby b.i.o » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:09 am UTC

Sorry, that wasn't very clear.
AngrySquirrel wrote:A swarm of rats suddently zerg-rushes b.i.o and eats his vote.

This part.

EricSeverson

Postby EricSeverson » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:47 am UTC

I don't think we should assume that b.i.o. losing his vote is anything logical, like the result of somebody's ability or something like that.
I think it is more likely that it was just the mod screwing with us because this game is supposed to be "supercrazy"

Return to “Mafia”