Supermegacrazymayhem! - Game over - Cult wins!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: Supermegacrazymayhem! - Game over - Cult wins!

Postby lanicita » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:46 pm UTC

Oh, I know! I was just joking with you, you made the right call :)
LE4d wrote:have you considered becoming an electron

it takes just a little practice to learn to be
lanicita
almost grown-up but not quite

Postby velvet_octopus » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:50 pm UTC

That's probably the worst part - making the right call was wrong.

I should really be happy I lived so long - I couldn't believe I didn't die after claiming doctor. What was up with that? I should never have survived. :)

Anyway, good game, all. (And good game, Brook! I will never, ever, ever trust you ever again.)
<≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥><≤≥>
velvet_octopus

Postby Brooklynxman » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:00 pm UTC

velvet_octopus wrote:Waiting for input would have allowed whichever of you was scum to kill the other - I had to make a protect choice, and once that was done, there wasn't any point in waiting.

How, exactly, did Brook get recruited??? How?

Not entirely sure.
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby ameretrifle » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:49 pm UTC

I still think that was an unspeakably awful way to die. And on the LAST DAY, too. Living until the last day lulled me into a false sense of security, when actually I was screwed from the beginning and damn well knew it. Why, why, WHY did I let myself forget? WHY was I silly enough to have hope? I blame it on the role. And I wouldn't even have died if-- letting it go, now. Letting it go.

But I devoutly wish I hadn't lived to see this day. I don't think I was intended to. I should've self-voted the second Adacore died. I knew something was wrong with Kells/e_e. But that goddamn hope.

It was pretty harrowing, reading those spoilers. *shudder* All those things that happened with v_o's protect don't seem quite fair... And the raptor hat... *sigh*

But congrats, Brook! You played a hell of a game. Best vig performance I've ever seen. :D Let's just pretend the whole goddamn cult thing never happened.

So can we get roles or notes or anything? Please?
ameretrifle
Vera

Postby Brooklynxman » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:11 pm UTC

ameretrifle wrote:I still think that was an unspeakably awful way to die. And on the LAST DAY, too. Living until the last day lulled me into a false sense of security, when actually I was screwed from the beginning and damn well knew it. Why, why, WHY did I let myself forget? WHY was I silly enough to have hope? I blame it on the role. And I wouldn't even have died if-- letting it go, now. Letting it go.

But I devoutly wish I hadn't lived to see this day. I don't think I was intended to. I should've self-voted the second Adacore died. I knew something was wrong with Kells/e_e. But that goddamn hope.

It was pretty harrowing, reading those spoilers. *shudder* All those things that happened with v_o's protect don't seem quite fair... And the raptor hat... *sigh*

But congrats, Brook! You played a hell of a game. Best vig performance I've ever seen. :D Let's just pretend the whole goddamn cult thing never happened.

So can we get roles or notes or anything? Please?

Agreed, we could def use some notes.

And I wanted to be culted at around the same time I made my mega anti-cult post (which was basicilly BEGGING them to cult me as their most vocal antagonist) b/c I thought the cult had the town by the balls and it was the only way to win.

Spoiler:
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:54 am UTC

Errr nvm repeat post (I can edit this now)

Spoiler:
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby EricSeverson » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:06 am UTC

the cult wins! our utopia at last! down with pants!
EricSeverson

Postby existential_elevator » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:36 am UTC

@ameretrifle - I am really sorry about the ring thing. I should have invented some kind of impenetrable doom fortress. Were it not for that, well, Brook would have culted you the following day and you both would have won. You know. Two townies winning for cult ;)
existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby ameretrifle » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:16 am UTC

Yeah, that's okay, I'm better now :mrgreen: Only took me a couple days, too. I was worried for a while there. ^^ Actually, the fact that it traumatized me so much is probably a testament to how awesome this game was and how much I got sucked into my role. I mean, from my perspective, that was a pretty tragic ending. From yours it made total sense. (And I'd had the strangest sense of impending doom from the moment the day began... it was all very dramatic and things.)

Besides, we were all "the doomed trio" together, ne? :roll: I was town and you both were independent-- Adacore said he was a sole-survivor, nonetheless, dunno if it was the same with you-- it was all kind of foreordained. I just wish it'd worked out a bit differently-- if you'd replaced Kells a couple game-days earlier, for instance; there's so many little things that could've changed...

Still, if my mind ever fractures and I start singing the song from the finale of Dr. Horrible while striking out violently at everyone around and occasionally screaming in anguish, well, you'll all know why. "So you think justice has a voice/ and we all have a choice/ well, now your world is mine/ and I am fine..." I used to think when I flipped out I'd be singing J-Pop, but after this it's a tossup. ^^

Anyway, this is one of those games you really need commentary on to appreciate fully, given how much was going on at any given time... Anyone have any conversations they want to put up? I have a couple PMs between me and Kells, though not many, and they didn't have much effect on the game in the end... and if AS isn't going to put the role PMs up, I'm going to post mine, just so I can say "See, shouldn't I have known from the beginning I was screwed?! Why did I delude myself?!" :D And there's a lot of other roles I'd love to hear as well...
ameretrifle
Vera

Postby Adacore » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:42 am UTC

I'd like to see your role amt. Mine is below:

Captain Hammer (independent)
God you are so awesome. The perfect specimen of a man. The only one you truly love is yourself. But you kind of like Penny too, and if she dies, you die, so try to keep her alive. You only win if you and her are the last ones standing. You are also so awesome that daykills won't work on you. Unless they are from a certain Dr. Horrible, who is this geek you like to bully, so take him out if you can.

ameretrifle is Penny.

I started off not sure what the hell any of this meant. I only worked out half way through the game that it referred to Dr Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog and, having read the plot, I made some incorrect assumptions based on canon (namely that Dr Horrible killing me would result in Penny's death). I had no idea I could PM amt - the lovers in games I've played before couldn't talk, so I just assumed I couldn't. I think the game could've been very different if amt and I had been in cooperation - I suspect we could've formed a fragile alliance between me and Dr Horrible which, with all our protections, would have given a decent chance of a win for at least him and Penny, if not me - if the game had played out the same, we would've had all three of amt, e_e and me alive with two SK-types on the final day, which would likely have resulted in a win for amt and one or other of us.

Having said that, like amt, I started with the conviction that this role was near-impossible to win. I too began to see this bastardly 'hope' thing towards the end, so it was crushing when I died. Congrats from me to Brook as well though, I think as soon as his kills started hitting anti-town consistently his victory was assured (thanks to the doctor).

I think the main lesson I take from this game is always pester the mod with every conceivable question you can think of about your role. I might've worked out that I could PM amt, v_o might've worked out that her doctor didn't protect against recruitment, lani might've worked out that yes, she was the SK...

All in all an awesome game - really was a lot of fun, and I'm amazed I got as far as I did (mostly due to Kells' lurking, I suspect).
Adacore

Postby existential_elevator » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:57 am UTC

This was my role PM [in entirety]
Dr. Horrible (independent)
You are so evil. Evil awesome.
Guess what! You get to invent things! Oh and also you want to do all you can to keep Penny alive since if she dies, you die. You also want to kill Captain Hammer. You are after all the only one who really can kill him outside votes.

You win if you and Penny are the last ones standing.

ameretrifle is Penny.

So, basically, you get to invent one thing every day. So far you've only invented the hammerpants that would react if the poster before their activation or the poster after was Captain Hammer. The pants did not activate however.

Also, you are the last remaining member of the cult of shattered dreams. You get to recruit 1 person on odd numbered days (1,3,5 and so on).

You can talk with Penny (ameretrifle) as much as you want through PM's.

You still got 1 invention left for today.

One of the things I actually really likes about this game was the lack of night. It threw me at first, but it's kinda cool.
existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby AngrySquirrel » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:03 am UTC

I'll post my notes as soon as I get net at my new place. Work won't let me download any files at all it seems :?

Also this game was really funny to watch I think. There were a lot of interesting choices being done.
Brainssss
AngrySquirrel
Eats nuts for breakfast...

Postby Adacore » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:06 pm UTC

I was going to say that too, e_e - the lack of night was a really cool idea. It made the game flow so much better as well, for two reasons - firstly it meant there were no several-day-long interruptions to the posting and secondly it meant actions could occur at any time, providing a constant flow of stuff to discuss in game (of course, this was helped by the truly super-mega-crazy large number of actions in this game).

The fact that my role was nigh-unwinnable meant I had absolutely no hesitation in posting long monologues of my thoughts in the discussion thread, too, which hopefully people (both spectators and players after the fact) found interesting. I think amt was similarly affected.
Adacore

Postby Not A Raptor » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:29 pm UTC

I hate you all for being able to play this past the first death. :evil: WHY DID I HAVE TO GET KILLED D=
Van wrote:I like simple games.

Like Wizardry.

WARNING: Is acting like NaR.
Kellsbells: NAR is a sillypants
Not_A_Raptor: :p
Kellsbells: That is my expert assessment
Not A Raptor

Postby Brooklynxman » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:45 pm UTC

I never inherited the cult recruit. Because it was the second leadership pass down and I was more interested in Jack the Ripper fanfiction I couldn't recruit.

Spoiler:
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Azrael001 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:19 pm UTC

I like to think that I would have been useful had I not been lynched day one. Irritation.
Azrael001

Postby Rodan » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:32 pm UTC

I broke even in terms of helping town. I got one villain killed with a fedora, and I ate one townie.
Still lost, though. Twice, kind of.
Rodan
Any title.

Postby ameretrifle » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:41 pm UTC

Yeah, Adacore pegged it, the lack of night worked REALLY well. It was awesome. Almost as awesome as my badass fedora. <3

"Jack the Ripper fanfiction"... okay, that's just hilarious. :D And I did my best to talk you people out of lynching Az, I knew it was a bad idea.

My PM:
Penny (town)
You are supersweet. So sweet both Dr. Horrible and Captain Hammer is in love with you. And we all really really like you. So here's the deal. As long as Captain Hammer is alive, he will save you from getting lynched. As long as Dr. Horrible is alive, he will save you from daykills.

Your goal is to keep these two alive. And they want to kill each other. You can PM these two all you want. If Captain Hammer dies, any vote against you will kill you. And if Dr. Horrible dies any action done against you outside voting (investigations and so on) will get you killed.

Have fun :D

Dr. Horrible is Kellsbells.
Captain Hammer is Adacore.
So yeah, after that I thought I had a hell of a balancing game on my hands (and I would've, if things had turned out differently). No idea what either of their win conditions were, and it didn't even occur to me that they might be even more dependent on me than I was on them. Not that it came into play for a long time, given that I was pretty much invulnerable until one of them died... But it would've been quite interesting to juggle. My priority would've been making sure neither of them EVER found out about the other for as long as possible, though, beginning by pretending I didn't even know for sure the other was in the game, much less who they were.

And yeah, I had a hella fun time in the discussion thread. :D "Some jerk wasted a daaay-killlll..."
ameretrifle
Vera

Postby Azrael001 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:54 pm UTC

The orbs of distraction were mine by the way. I wasn't told what they did, so I just sent them out.
Azrael001

Postby Nikc » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:24 pm UTC

I think this game earns me the reward of stupidest scum. Why, for the love of God, didn't I throw amberrock to the wolves?

It was a fun game to read though. Congratulations Brook, that's quite the achievement. I was dreaming of doing the same, but... augh.
Practice makes perfect, but nobody's perfect.
--
<sleepygamer> I'm not about to hang myself whilst I get a hyena to lick my testicles any time soon

* L will take over the fora, one signature at a time
Nikc

Postby Brooklynxman » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:13 am UTC

Actually, I think if I was scum I would have claimed lover too.

Spoiler:
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Previous

Return to Mafia