[normal] CELL CULTURE: LONG LIVE THE CELLS (town win)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:38 pm UTC
Location: C̶a̶l̶i̶f̶o̶r̶n̶i̶a̶ Beautiful

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 3 - Publish or Perish

Postby MasterOfAll » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:55 pm UTC

mister k wrote:<explanation>
Thanks. I think I now understand what you were trying to say. But, I have to agree with PS that the setup is probably not as simple as virus=cult. I think the mechanics of anti-town are a bit more complicated than we are used to. Of course, I could be wrong.

Brooklynxman wrote:And now we have had the "He has been scummy all game and prolly isn't infected" discussion, he probably is.

*sips the wine now drowning this thread*
Who are you referring to? Az?

So, does anyone have anything on the new players to pick one off as likely virus? I don't. And, in the absence of a possible virus candidate, and the threat of some sort of deadline, I am going to go with the possible infected candidate I mentioned earlier (being in the game from the beginning increasing chances of becoming infected), and . . .

Vote: PossibleSloth
Kipper wrote:SERIOUSLY. Listen to MoA, he knows his stuff. . . High five MoA!
(not funny, but true)
ameretrifle wrote:MoA is an astute logician and is, in fact, directly related to Sherlock Holmes on his mother's side.
(ditto for this one)

PossibleSloth
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 6:51 am UTC
Location: Boston (or thereabouts)

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 3 - Publish or Perish

Postby PossibleSloth » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:04 pm UTC

MasterOfAll wrote: I am going to go with the possible infected candidate I mentioned earlier (being in the game from the beginning increasing chances of becoming infected)

As logical as that sounds, I'm afraid I don't agree with this strategy. :?

User avatar
keeneal
Posts: 208
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:19 am UTC
Location: Glenside during the school year, Rising Sun in the summers, Lancaster in the in-between
Contact:

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 3 - Publish or Perish

Postby keeneal » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:06 pm UTC

MasterOfAll wrote:
Brooklynxman wrote:And now we have had the "He has been scummy all game and prolly isn't infected" discussion, he probably is.

*sips the wine now drowning this thread*
Who are you referring to? Az?
I rather think it's me, actually.

Personally, I agree with MoA's reasoning. Smart baddies would infect one of the original cells as quickly as they could to hopefully infect its children and/or create new virus (or just to have something to do at night). Amy has imposed a deadline, and I see no other viable candidates(my personal wine notwithstanding), so I feel like I have no choice but to
VOTE: PossibleSloth

Ninja: I'm sorry you don't approve, PS, but this is how it goes. I'd like to point out that this vote has nothing to do with my previous suspicions of you as per your falseclaim (although that does still baffle me).
I prepared Explosive Runes this morning.Alex Keene

User avatar
crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:43 pm UTC
Location: Is so hot right now.

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 3 - Publish or Perish

Postby crucialityfactor » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:02 pm UTC

That is just a horrible reason to vote for someone. This is exactly what I didn't want. People have continued to focus solely on the original players. This isn't going to work.

There is no factual information behind your reasoning other than PS was one of the original players. If you're wrong are you going to just work your way down the list lynching each person in the order that they joined the game? I think you're being incredibly lazy and rather than using the next 48 hours in a constructive manner you're ready to lynch someone, based not on the actions they have taken, but rather how long they have been alive in this game.

How is that good logic? Especially when 3 of the original players are dead, 2 being original viruses and the 3rd being infected.

PS is just as likely as ANY PLAYER to be infected and probably LESS likely to be an actual virus.

User avatar
keeneal
Posts: 208
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:19 am UTC
Location: Glenside during the school year, Rising Sun in the summers, Lancaster in the in-between
Contact:

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 3 - Publish or Perish

Postby keeneal » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:02 am UTC

You make a valid point, but it's still 8 to lynch, and we have only two. For now, my vote stands. If it gets close to hammer and another candidate is presented, then I'll gladly unvote and pause to consider him/her. The next best candidate in my mind is Mister K, but he doesn't ping too strongly to me. I mean, I might throw an FOS his way but I don't think I'd be willing to vote for him. I've had misgivings over PS on a few different occasions, and that combined with the high likelihood that more than one of the original players has been infected makes him a viable candidate in my mind. I'm not immovable, but I don't see a better option yet. Show it to me and I'll change the vote.
I prepared Explosive Runes this morning.Alex Keene

User avatar
crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:43 pm UTC
Location: Is so hot right now.

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 3 - Publish or Perish

Postby crucialityfactor » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:37 am UTC

Find it for yourself. It's not that hard.

User avatar
Azrael001
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:15 am UTC
Location: The Land of Make Believe.
Contact:

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 3 - Publish or Perish

Postby Azrael001 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:45 am UTC

The better option is clearly to

Unvote
Vote: CF

Manipulating me into voting by poking fun at my age. Fiend.

Unvote

I actually agree with the logic behind MoA's vote, additionally there is a short deadline and I'd rather see a proper lynch than run out of time so

Vote PossibleSloth
23111

PossibleSloth
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 6:51 am UTC
Location: Boston (or thereabouts)

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 3 - Publish or Perish

Postby PossibleSloth » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:56 am UTC

I don't like how this thing is snowballing. MoA actually brought up this suggestion a while ago and Keeneal's had it out for me since D1, but Az's vote seems pretty random. Still, I'm not impartial in this situation.

I'll just remind everyone that 48 hours is plenty of time to catch real scum (that's twice as long a Jack Bauer gets).

User avatar
Kipper
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:33 am UTC

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 3 - Publish or Perish

Postby Kipper » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:21 am UTC

Yeah, this is a little ridiculous. Just because he was alive day 1, doesn't mean he's been infected.
Right now I'd most likely vote Az for following MoA's "logic" blindly, but we do have a while before the deadline
Amy: (11:06:09 PM) ***Amy huggles Kipper
Amy: (11:06:13 PM) Amy: Leave my fishy alone.

[3:05pm] Amy: NO TOUCHING KIPPER
[3:05pm] Amy: MY FISHY!

User avatar
Azrael001
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:15 am UTC
Location: The Land of Make Believe.
Contact:

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 3 - Publish or Perish

Postby Azrael001 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:34 am UTC

It makes sense. The original players are good targets to infect because they are practically confirmed non-virus and, assuming that other viruses can't be converted, the original cells are the best chance to hit town by a converting group.
23111

User avatar
Kipper
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:33 am UTC

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 3 - Publish or Perish

Postby Kipper » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:43 am UTC

1. Obviously they're not auto confirmed uninfected or else we wouldn't be trying to lynch one right now.
2. I dislike the assumption you made about recruiting.
3. Infecting newcomers would also be good because they have had less of a chance to do something scummy, and thus people are less suspicious of them. Also, no one is paying attention to the newcomers at all, making an infection of them a good idea.
The people from day 1 aren't more likely to have gotten infected than anyone else, and even if they were, you're lynching him solely because of that. We have 40 hours, it's not like we need to lynch right now. Why not try and actually find someone scummy instead of lynching someone because they were alive day 1?
Amy: (11:06:09 PM) ***Amy huggles Kipper
Amy: (11:06:13 PM) Amy: Leave my fishy alone.

[3:05pm] Amy: NO TOUCHING KIPPER
[3:05pm] Amy: MY FISHY!

User avatar
Azrael001
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:15 am UTC
Location: The Land of Make Believe.
Contact:

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 3 - Publish or Perish

Postby Azrael001 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:51 am UTC

By that argument we should be lynching MoA as the leader of the evil bandwagon.
23111

PossibleSloth
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 6:51 am UTC
Location: Boston (or thereabouts)

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 3 - Publish or Perish

Postby PossibleSloth » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:52 am UTC

Azrael001 wrote:It makes sense. The original players are good targets to infect because they are practically confirmed non-virus and, assuming that other viruses can't be converted, the original cells are the best chance to hit town by a converting group.


You seem strangely certain that there are two independent and competing groups of viruses.

User avatar
Kipper
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:33 am UTC

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 3 - Publish or Perish

Postby Kipper » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:56 am UTC

Azrael001 wrote:By that argument we should be lynching MoA as the leader of the evil bandwagon.

Or one of the two people who blindly followed it.
Amy: (11:06:09 PM) ***Amy huggles Kipper
Amy: (11:06:13 PM) Amy: Leave my fishy alone.

[3:05pm] Amy: NO TOUCHING KIPPER
[3:05pm] Amy: MY FISHY!

User avatar
Azrael001
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:15 am UTC
Location: The Land of Make Believe.
Contact:

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 3 - Publish or Perish

Postby Azrael001 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:04 am UTC

PossibleSloth wrote:
Azrael001 wrote:It makes sense. The original players are good targets to infect because they are practically confirmed non-virus and, assuming that other viruses can't be converted, the original cells are the best chance to hit town by a converting group.
You seem strangely certain that there are two independent and competing groups of viruses.
There are: H1N1 and Herpesvirus 6. Though there is some question (in my mind) as to the long term survivability of the infected. It seems to me, now that I think of it, that if infected players died after some incubation period, there would be balance to the game... Hmm.

Forgive my disjointedness, my mind is still recovering from it's fracturing.
23111

User avatar
Flying_Cookie
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:47 am UTC
Location: The Internet

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 3 - Publish or Perish

Postby Flying_Cookie » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:46 am UTC

When I first read through the thread I thought it looked like PS was saying things that didn't make sense for him to know, but looking back they just look more like he was making some guesses that I misinterpreted.

The only thing I really found that seemed scummy was just this, which isn't very scummy at that.
PossibleSloth wrote:Yea, we do need to lynch someone at some point.


But while I was looking for the quote, I ran into
PossibleSloth wrote:Seems to me false-claiming just opens a big water-muddying bag of WIFOM worms on the game (I may be mixing metaphors here) and serves to confuse those of us looking for viruses.

tentative FOS.

and
PossibleSloth wrote:I'll see if I can clear some of this up.

Yesterday I was in touch with keeneal and S_E. At this point, I wasn't sure that I could trust keeneal because of all the info fishing and I was halfway convinced S_E was a virus. I was asked to claim and I put out a false-claim with a fake ability to see if it would trip up the viruses. It was probably a stupid plan but I really didn't want to roleclaim to two people I was on the fence about. When Keeneal responded, I was pretty sure both he and S_E were town but unfortunately this was after the hammer and I couldn't respond. Sorry for lying to you Keeneal, Sir_Elderberry, and I hope you understand.

I'm inclined to trust the S_E, CF group more than VZ. If he's a virus, odds are the PCR thing is a way to lead the lynch away from himself and protect his own ass.


I think its reasonable to not want to say your real role if you think someone your talking to might be scum, but it still feels a bit off.

I'm not sure what to think about anyone else at this point, but I am suspicious of anyone who jumped on the PS bandwagon so quickly.
Flying_CookieTM

User avatar
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 3 - Publish or Perish

Postby Brooklynxman » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:47 am UTC

Screw thinking about it. Deadline.

Vote: Az

Blindly following the bandwagon as others have said. Ultimately scummy in my eyes.
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
keeneal
Posts: 208
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:19 am UTC
Location: Glenside during the school year, Rising Sun in the summers, Lancaster in the in-between
Contact:

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 3 - Publish or Perish

Postby keeneal » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:31 am UTC

Good enough for me. Az's vote did kind of come out of left field, and that's a scumtell that I think I've actually seen before instead of just being conjecture about other people's conjectures. It's enough for an
UNVOTE: PS
but not quite enough in my mind for a vote to Az.
I prepared Explosive Runes this morning.Alex Keene

User avatar
Entropy
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:40 pm UTC

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 3 - Publish or Perish

Postby Entropy » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:10 am UTC

At the risk of looking just like Az, I am going to:

Unvote keeneal
Vote: Azrael

It isn't just because he jumped on the bandwagon too easily and without enough reasoning. It looks to me like he was attempting to rush others onto the bandwagon as well. His only original reasoning was:

Azrael001 wrote:I'd rather see a proper lynch than run out of time.


A proper lynch is only better than a random end of day death if it is based on something. If we just get a pile of people voting for the sake of voting, it doesn't give us any information. Though we are a lynch mob, encouraging a mob mentality is not exactly pro-town.

User avatar
mister k
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:28 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 3 - Publish or Perish

Postby mister k » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:09 am UTC

Well, I want to target a newer player, as while it seems likely that the starting players are infected, it seems unlikely that they'll be able to spread the infection. Targeting virii will probably be better. Az is new, and a little suspicious, and with a deadline in place, I should follow the advice I always give, and put my suspicions into a vote.

vote:Az
Elvish Pillager wrote:you're basically a daytime-miller: you always come up as guilty to scumdar.

User avatar
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread
Posts: 3917
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am UTC
Location: AL

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 3 - Publish or Perish

Postby Sungura » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:46 pm UTC

Votals:
2 - Possible Sloth (MoA, Azrael001)
3 - Azrael001 (brooklynxman, Entropy, mister k)

7 to lynch
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 3 - Publish or Perish

Postby mpolo » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:46 pm UTC

I just slogged through this page and got almost nothing from it. There is certainly a slightly greater chance that original players could have been infected, seeing as they have had one more night of being a target. However, this is a pretty small increased chance... But let's look at it anyway:

Possible_Sloth - claims he was not told on night zero that he was infected;
Sir_Elderberry (dead, and infected) -- there was indication of a successful infection in N0, could be this one; Myrrh said that biologically, Herpes infects macrophages. (as he was a virus, this may be intentionally misleadign)
keeneal (acting sort of scummy, but CF vouches for him), voted Myrrh early
Myrrh7x/VZ (dead, H1N1 virus)
Cellery/E_E (dead, Herpes virus)
---
CF (joined later in day one)

Night one had no hints that someone had been infected as there had been on Night 0.

Night two also didn't have such a hint.

However, there must have been some virus action, otherwise the game would be over.

Unless CF is Herpes, the Herpes strain would seem to be wiped out, as E_E was killed before cell division on Night one. (CF is also a candidate for being H1N1, though he has seemed so townie, I'm tending to discard the possibility. Possibly a dangerous blind spot.)

Thus, I think that we're actually looking primarily for H1N1 viruses. Presumably VZ divided at least once. If so, one of the additions at the beginning of Day Two is very likely an H1N1.

Those are:
Azrael001
Kipper
Frogman

So... FOS: Azrael, Kipper and Frogman.

(Will look into this further, just have some real work to do.)
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
mister k
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:28 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 3 - Publish or Perish

Postby mister k » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:54 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:I just slogged through this page and got almost nothing from it. There is certainly a slightly greater chance that original players could have been infected, seeing as they have had one more night of being a target. However, this is a pretty small increased chance... But let's look at it anyway:

Possible_Sloth - claims he was not told on night zero that he was infected;
Sir_Elderberry (dead, and infected) -- there was indication of a successful infection in N0, could be this one; Myrrh said that biologically, Herpes infects macrophages. (as he was a virus, this may be intentionally misleadign)
keeneal (acting sort of scummy, but CF vouches for him), voted Myrrh early
Myrrh7x/VZ (dead, H1N1 virus)
Cellery/E_E (dead, Herpes virus)
---
CF (joined later in day one)

Night one had no hints that someone had been infected as there had been on Night 0.

Night two also didn't have such a hint.

However, there must have been some virus action, otherwise the game would be over.

Unless CF is Herpes, the Herpes strain would seem to be wiped out, as E_E was killed before cell division on Night one. (CF is also a candidate for being H1N1, though he has seemed so townie, I'm tending to discard the possibility. Possibly a dangerous blind spot.)

Thus, I think that we're actually looking primarily for H1N1 viruses. Presumably VZ divided at least once. If so, one of the additions at the beginning of Day Two is very likely an H1N1.

Those are:
Azrael001
Kipper
Frogman

So... FOS: Azrael, Kipper and Frogman.

(Will look into this further, just have some real work to do.)


Thats good work, I like the idea that herpes may have been killed off- it makes a lot of sense from the context of the flavour text, so theres potentially only one cult like bad guy to worry about. I agree that one of those additional people is likely to be a virus. Frogman is dead, so that leaves two...
Elvish Pillager wrote:you're basically a daytime-miller: you always come up as guilty to scumdar.

User avatar
mister k
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:28 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 3 - Publish or Perish

Postby mister k » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:55 pm UTC

I've just noticed I'm voting for Az in two games....
Elvish Pillager wrote:you're basically a daytime-miller: you always come up as guilty to scumdar.

User avatar
Azrael001
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:15 am UTC
Location: The Land of Make Believe.
Contact:

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 3 - Publish or Perish

Postby Azrael001 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:16 pm UTC

Yeah? Well I just noticed your mom with two guys.
23111

User avatar
crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:43 pm UTC
Location: Is so hot right now.

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 3 - Publish or Perish

Postby crucialityfactor » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

No...only 1...that was just a mirror...

Anyways. I could get behind an Az lynch, he's been giving me bad vibes in this game. I'm not ready to vote for him just yet though. I'm gonna look things over, probably come back later tonight with something. I would prefer people to base their votes on something more than just someone bandwagoning on a bad idea. Cause that doesn't seem particularly lynch worthy.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 3 - Publish or Perish

Postby mpolo » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:29 pm UTC

Unfortunately, I am leaving for the weekend, so will miss the 48hour deadline otherwise, so I have to vote. Based on my reasoning, Azrael, Kipper and Frogman are the possible H1N1s, so I will vote for Azrael, who has had a slightly scummy feel (as opposed to Frogman with a slightly absent feel, and Kipper with a slightly towny feel).

Vote: Azrael001
Image <-- Evil experiment

PossibleSloth
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 6:51 am UTC
Location: Boston (or thereabouts)

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 3 - Publish or Perish

Postby PossibleSloth » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:30 pm UTC

Azrael001 wrote:
PossibleSloth wrote:You seem strangely certain that there are two independent and competing groups of viruses.
There are: H1N1 and Herpesvirus 6.

The Rules wrote:This game is a little different. It starts with 2 viruses and 3 cell cultures. Viruses are the bad dudes, cells in the cultures are the good dudes. Either viruses take over all the cells and win, or the cells work together to rid of viruses, and they win.

Nothing in the rules says the viruses are different cults or even that they win separately and I've been watching for people who seem to know more about the virus rules than the rest of us. However, the landslide of votes you just got makes me want to wait a bit before jumping on. Still, FOS.

@mpolo:
Frogman's dead. He was an astrocyte and he and DL were killed (underwent apoptosis :wink: ) for inactivity. Also,
mpolo wrote:Unless CF is Herpes, the Herpes strain would seem to be wiped out, as E_E was killed before cell division on Night one. (CF is also a candidate for being H1N1, though he has seemed so townie, I'm tending to discard the possibility. Possibly a dangerous blind spot.)

Thus, I think that we're actually looking primarily for H1N1 viruses. Presumably VZ divided at least once. If so, one of the additions at the beginning of Day Two is very likely an H1N1.

I doubt the viruses divide the same way cells do. I assume they'd need to infect cells in order to create more viruses (unless we're completely disregarding the biology).

User avatar
keeneal
Posts: 208
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:19 am UTC
Location: Glenside during the school year, Rising Sun in the summers, Lancaster in the in-between
Contact:

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 3 - Publish or Perish

Postby keeneal » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:05 am UTC

Gah. I have a lot of stuff coming up, and may be unavailable for a day or two. I, too, therefore am going to
VOTE: AZ
even though in a perfect world I'd hold off for a little longer yet, what with having multiple candidates now and all.
I prepared Explosive Runes this morning.Alex Keene

User avatar
Flying_Cookie
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:47 am UTC
Location: The Internet

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 3 - Publish or Perish

Postby Flying_Cookie » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:12 am UTC

I don't like what Az did much, but this is bandwagoning a little fast, we're two away from the lynch.
So a question, if a time limit is reached before we lynch someone, does the person with the most votes get lynched, or is it random?
Flying_CookieTM

User avatar
crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:43 pm UTC
Location: Is so hot right now.

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 3 - Publish or Perish

Postby crucialityfactor » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:35 am UTC

Most votes gets lynched. If there is a tie it's random between all the people who tied.

User avatar
Flying_Cookie
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:47 am UTC
Location: The Internet

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 3 - Publish or Perish

Postby Flying_Cookie » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:52 am UTC

In that case, I don't think I'll vote, Az would be my top pick, but I would rather not get him one from the hammer, and I don't feel that confidant in his scumminess.
Flying_CookieTM

User avatar
mister k
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:28 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 3 - Publish or Perish

Postby mister k » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:19 am UTC

Please do. not voting when theres a time limit is, to my eye, scummy. We have to lynch someone, and currently its going to be Az. If you don't want that to happen you should vote for someone else and convince everyone else that that person is a better candidate. When we're down to a deadline we should vote for the most suspicious person.
Elvish Pillager wrote:you're basically a daytime-miller: you always come up as guilty to scumdar.

PossibleSloth
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 6:51 am UTC
Location: Boston (or thereabouts)

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 3 - Publish or Perish

Postby PossibleSloth » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:28 pm UTC

We're apparently not going to get much more info out of this.

vote: Az

User avatar
Knightshire
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:53 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 3 - Publish or Perish

Postby Knightshire » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:13 pm UTC

I find Az more suspicious than PS, although I don't think there is really enough evidence to vote for him normally. However, as we have a deadline and I will probably not be back before that I think voting Az is the best option:
vote: Az

User avatar
Azrael001
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:15 am UTC
Location: The Land of Make Believe.
Contact:

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 3 - Publish or Perish

Postby Azrael001 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:28 pm UTC

So is that it then?
23111

PossibleSloth
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 6:51 am UTC
Location: Boston (or thereabouts)

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 3 - Publish or Perish

Postby PossibleSloth » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:30 pm UTC

I think so.

User avatar
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread
Posts: 3917
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am UTC
Location: AL

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Night 3 - Biohazard

Postby Sungura » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:02 pm UTC

And with that everyone picked up Azrael and threw him into a big bath of bleach. Washing their lysosomes of him, they went to sleep. Little did they know what lurked around the edges of their perfect petri beds.

Azrael001 has been lynched.

Now Night 3, have all actions in by Monday 9pm est
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

User avatar
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread
Posts: 3917
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am UTC
Location: AL

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 4 - Wish upon an Astrocyte

Postby Sungura » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:36 pm UTC

Everyone watched at Az fizzled and shriveled, the horrible HV6 virus died in a drizzle of bleach. In another dish, they heard a scream! My eye! My eye! Someone was yelling...but it was too late. The photoreceptor was dead and nothing would bring any vision back. On closer examination it wasn't just a photoreceptor cell...it had obviously been invaded by a virus, there was plasmid dna all over the place! So much for the eye being an immune privileged organ. Someone else was invaded recently...but no one noticed anything new. Could the viruses be destroying each other?

Azrael001 was HV6
Possible_Sloth was killed, he was a stem cell who was invaded by HV6 and matured to a photoreceptor.

Day 4 starts now.

13 players, 7 to lynch. Everyone is now in play who isn't dead in the OP, so from now on go by that.
Last edited by Sungura on Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:42 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

PossibleSloth
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 6:51 am UTC
Location: Boston (or thereabouts)

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 4 - Wish upon an Astrocyte

Postby PossibleSloth » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:27 pm UTC

Sungura wrote:Possible_Sloth was killed, he was a stem cell who was invaded by HV6 and matured to a photoreceptor.
fix'd

also: damn...


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests