[normal] CELL CULTURE: LONG LIVE THE CELLS (town win)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Flying_Cookie
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:47 am UTC
Location: The Internet

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 4 - Wish upon an Astrocyte

Postby Flying_Cookie » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:47 am UTC

Entropy wrote:I'm here, just having some difficulty coming up with an original contribution. I do think there is something to be said for the theory that there is a virus among mpolo, mister-k, and myself. Since mpolo was the one to bring that conclusion to light, it makes him being the virus very WIFOM. However, I don't think it could be mister-k. It might make the most sense to just lynch the lot of us to be certain. :-/


I don't really like this idea, seems pointless to lynch three people on the off chance that one of them is a virus, while more people can just get infected overnight. This not be serious though, so yeah. Any thoughts on this?

I guess we might as well just go for the lurker, that post really seemed rather useless, and I don't remember much, if any contributions, so
Vote: dromtry
Flying_CookieTM

User avatar
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread
Posts: 3918
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am UTC
Location: AL

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 4 - Wish upon an Astrocyte

Postby Sungura » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:48 am UTC

I don't have time to do night tonight, so end of day is tomorrow night. You still have about 24 hours.
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

User avatar
MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:38 pm UTC
Location: C̶a̶l̶i̶f̶o̶r̶n̶i̶a̶ Beautiful

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 4 - Wish upon an Astrocyte

Postby MasterOfAll » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:02 am UTC

I'm here to cast a last minute vote if necessary . . .

and now we have another day to better justify lynching Dromtry.

Dromtry wrote:Well fudge, I appear to have mixed up names. Errm, yeah. Kinda feeling stupid now.
Um, this doesn't make any sense. Were you implying that you know someone other than mpolo is infected but got him mixed up and accused mpolo? Or, did you mean something else? Were you trying to remind mpolo that you are on same team as him and he shouldn't try lynching his scumbuddy? (I don't really think this is the case, but mpolo did unvote; I assume the unvote was just because Dromtry showed up and mpolo was giving him a chance to speak.)

So, I would definitely like to hear more from Dromtry. Barring something useful coming from him, I think you guys found a pretty good candidate, and I am definitely willing to jump on this bandwagon as necessary.
Kipper wrote:SERIOUSLY. Listen to MoA, he knows his stuff. . . High five MoA!
(not funny, but true)
ameretrifle wrote:MoA is an astute logician and is, in fact, directly related to Sherlock Holmes on his mother's side.
(ditto for this one)

User avatar
Dromtry
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:22 pm UTC
Location: The Ninjas Are Coming, NH

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 4 - Wish upon an Astrocyte

Postby Dromtry » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:12 am UTC

MasterOfAll wrote:I'm here to cast a last minute vote if necessary . . .

and now we have another day to better justify lynching Dromtry.

Dromtry wrote:Well fudge, I appear to have mixed up names. Errm, yeah. Kinda feeling stupid now.
Um, this doesn't make any sense. Were you implying that you know someone other than mpolo is infected but got him mixed up and accused mpolo? Or, did you mean something else? Were you trying to remind mpolo that you are on same team as him and he shouldn't try lynching his scumbuddy? (I don't really think this is the case, but mpolo did unvote; I assume the unvote was just because Dromtry showed up and mpolo was giving him a chance to speak.)

So, I would definitely like to hear more from Dromtry. Barring something useful coming from him, I think you guys found a pretty good candidate, and I am definitely willing to jump on this bandwagon as necessary.

mpolo is not infected.

I meant to ask someone else if they were infected, but confused the two. This is the first time I've had trouble keeping games straight from one another.
~steve

User avatar
crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:43 pm UTC
Location: Is so hot right now.

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 4 - Wish upon an Astrocyte

Postby crucialityfactor » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:03 am UTC

So wait. Do you know that mpolo isn't infected because of something in your role?

unvote

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 4 - Wish upon an Astrocyte

Postby mpolo » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:02 am UTC

Even though Dromtry has not participated a lot in the last days, his last few posts have established to me, at least, that he is pro-town. (And that he would have been a big loss to the town if we lynch him.) My reasons are, unfortunately, role related, and I have an explicit "no claiming" codicil in my role.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:38 pm UTC
Location: C̶a̶l̶i̶f̶o̶r̶n̶i̶a̶ Beautiful

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 4 - Wish upon an Astrocyte

Postby MasterOfAll » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:21 am UTC

Well, mpolo is saying don't lynch Dromtry, while Dromtry is saying don't lynch mpolo. I'm kinda wondering if we should just get rid of both of them. Seriously, if you guys want us to trust you, I think you will need to provide whatever info you can while of course respecting whatever limits were included with your role.

Also, if not one of you, then who do we lynch? We are still working against a deadline here.
Kipper wrote:SERIOUSLY. Listen to MoA, he knows his stuff. . . High five MoA!
(not funny, but true)
ameretrifle wrote:MoA is an astute logician and is, in fact, directly related to Sherlock Holmes on his mother's side.
(ditto for this one)

User avatar
Flying_Cookie
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:47 am UTC
Location: The Internet

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 4 - Wish upon an Astrocyte

Postby Flying_Cookie » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:51 am UTC

mpolo wrote:Even though Dromtry has not participated a lot in the last days, his last few posts have established to me, at least, that he is pro-town. (And that he would have been a big loss to the town if we lynch him.) My reasons are, unfortunately, role related, and I have an explicit "no claiming" codicil in my role.


I don't see much convincing in any of Drom's posts, and I don't see what role you could be claiming that makes sense. We have a Neuron Claim, and a Myocyte Claim, both of which seem perfectly reasonable to me. Towards the beginning, CF had some blocking ability, and since hes still around, but their aren't anymore roles from the beginning, I think its safe to say he's a macrophage, and what happened then doesn't match with what you two seem to be saying you can do. That leaves the Cytotoxic Cell, and the NK Cell. Both of them, but especially the Nature Killer Cell, are most likely to have night kills, and besides, we don't have two cytotoxic cells, so I don't see you two being Natural Killer cells, since we had a NK at one point, which doesn't make sense with your roles. Besides, if they where part of the same culture, I doubt mpolo would have voted for Drom in the first place.

From the looks of it, Dromtry is trying to make it look like he has a lie detector, but what roles on the list make any sense for that. The only one we have no word on at this point is the Cytotoxic Cell, which from what I can see from the wikipedia page would make no sense to have a lie detector. Even if Dromtry is a CT Cell, and has a lie detector, then why does mpolo believe him? Unless its an ability from his (mpolo's) type of cell, then someone else must have it also. Is anyone else unable to claim, and whose abilities would let mpolo do what he's saying?
Flying_CookieTM

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 4 - Wish upon an Astrocyte

Postby mpolo » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:10 am UTC

I think I am allowed to say that I am a Natural Killer Cell. I am not allowed to go into more detail about my role. Sorry. (If I get modkilled now, then I wasn't allowed to say even that.) My suspicion is that each generation of NK cells has a slightly different power, as Dromtry's seems (to me) to be similar but not identical to my own. If you review my posts, maybe you can figure out more without my having to break my code of silence.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:38 pm UTC
Location: C̶a̶l̶i̶f̶o̶r̶n̶i̶a̶ Beautiful

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 4 - Wish upon an Astrocyte

Postby MasterOfAll » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:02 pm UTC

mpolo, you are claiming to have been told that you experienced some sort of cell division to create Dromtry? Are you two allowed to PM each other at night? On a similar subject, when you came into the game, were you told who you spawned from? (I never was, but that doesn't mean other players were not told.) I'm not asking for you to give name of your father/mother NK cell, but just if you were told his/her identity.

Dromtry, when you entered the game, were you told that you came from mpolo? Can you say if you are a NK cell or the Cytotoxic T Cell or perhaps something else? Can you tell us anything about your role description, or are you similarly restricted as mpolo, or do you simply prefer not to say?

Sorry for all the questions, but there really aren't that many types of roles in play at the moment, so I am hoping that we can use that to figure out whose claim makes the least sense (and it may well be someone other than the two of you).

Oh yeah, and mpolo, can you explain why you started the bandwagon on Dromtry that would have resulted in his death had the original deadline been imposed, only to back off from him a bit later? Especially in light of what you are now telling us (that you believe his role is similar to his, although I cannot figure out how you allegedly have that info)?
Kipper wrote:SERIOUSLY. Listen to MoA, he knows his stuff. . . High five MoA!
(not funny, but true)
ameretrifle wrote:MoA is an astute logician and is, in fact, directly related to Sherlock Holmes on his mother's side.
(ditto for this one)

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 4 - Wish upon an Astrocyte

Postby mpolo » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:49 pm UTC

I have no knowledge of having divided. However, I was the second NK cell that was in the game, so Dromtry may have divided off of the same person I divided off of. We have no contact outside of the thread. (I was voting for him for lurking, for goodness sake!) I was not told from whom I spawned, though process of elimination leaves few options.

As to the other question, compare my posts to Dromtry's. You will see certain similarities in the phrasing. (Two of my posts in particular and one of his.) I can't say more because of a restriction in my role.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:38 pm UTC
Location: C̶a̶l̶i̶f̶o̶r̶n̶i̶a̶ Beautiful

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 4 - Wish upon an Astrocyte

Postby MasterOfAll » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:47 pm UTC

I really don't think you were the 2nd NK cell, mpolo, since the 1st post was edited to say "Natural Killer Cell Culture" at the start of the day you were added, so I am pretty sure that someone who was added at the very start of the day (Adacore, Knightshire, Brooklynxman, Flying_Cookie, me) would be the 2nd.
Kipper wrote:SERIOUSLY. Listen to MoA, he knows his stuff. . . High five MoA!
(not funny, but true)
ameretrifle wrote:MoA is an astute logician and is, in fact, directly related to Sherlock Holmes on his mother's side.
(ditto for this one)

User avatar
crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:43 pm UTC
Location: Is so hot right now.

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 4 - Wish upon an Astrocyte

Postby crucialityfactor » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:31 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:I have no knowledge of having divided. However, I was the second NK cell that was in the game, so Dromtry may have divided off of the same person I divided off of. We have no contact outside of the thread. (I was voting for him for lurking, for goodness sake!) I was not told from whom I spawned, though process of elimination leaves few options.

As to the other question, compare my posts to Dromtry's. You will see certain similarities in the phrasing. (Two of my posts in particular and one of his.) I can't say more because of a restriction in my role.


Your unvote was a bit weird though.

User avatar
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 4 - Wish upon an Astrocyte

Postby Brooklynxman » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:49 pm UTC

For the sake of clarity of argument I know whom I split off of.
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 4 - Wish upon an Astrocyte

Postby mpolo » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:25 pm UTC

I unvoted because the wording of Dromtry's question led me to believe that he was an NK cell. I therefore did not want to have him die.

I may well be the third NK and not the second. If so, we all have very different powers, or the first two generations have been sitting on their powers.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:38 pm UTC
Location: C̶a̶l̶i̶f̶o̶r̶n̶i̶a̶ Beautiful

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 4 - Wish upon an Astrocyte

Postby MasterOfAll » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:08 am UTC

mpolo wrote:I may well be the third NK and not the second. If so, we all have very different powers, or the first two generations have been sitting on their powers.
Well, there has been one kill each of the previous 2 nights, so I have been assuming that they were caused by the Natural Killer Cell(s). I'm not sure if 2 Natural Killer Cells would mean 2 possible vigilante kills and 3 would mean 3, but that sound like an awful lot of killing, and all in the hands of town. So, I actually want to believe you that you are a Natural Killer with investigative abilities (by publicly asking a player each day if he/she is a virus). Yes, I also remember the conversation that you had with Kipper yesterday that ended with you saying Kipper was not a virus but you were restricted in what you could say.

I suppose it is possible that you are both viruses and you invented some powers for yourselves (you could have thought of it yesterday and passed the idea onto Dromtry last night) as a way to seem pro-town. But, I think it is much more likely that you both really are Natural Killer cells with an ability to find a virus by asking 1 player each day.

Of course, we still have the possibility that one or both of you are infected, but I think I would rather keep you both around with the hope that you are still healthy and will help us tomorrow to find any remaining virus.

So, now that I do not see either mpolo or Dromtry as good candidates for today's lynch, the question remains of who we should lynch. Right now, I am just not sure.

I guess I will go back and see which players we have been forgetting to discuss.
Kipper wrote:SERIOUSLY. Listen to MoA, he knows his stuff. . . High five MoA!
(not funny, but true)
ameretrifle wrote:MoA is an astute logician and is, in fact, directly related to Sherlock Holmes on his mother's side.
(ditto for this one)

User avatar
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread
Posts: 3918
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am UTC
Location: AL

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 4 - Wish upon an Astrocyte

Postby Sungura » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:43 am UTC

Hey guys, to clarify, since apparently no one understands this from the first post, infected =/= mafia necessarily.
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

User avatar
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread
Posts: 3918
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am UTC
Location: AL

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 4 - Wish upon an Astrocyte

Postby Sungura » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:50 am UTC

Current Votals, I'll give until tomorrow now since you all are actually talking again (aren't I a nice mod?)
2 - dromtry (mister k, flying_cookie)
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

User avatar
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 4 - Wish upon an Astrocyte

Postby Brooklynxman » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 am UTC

Okay from what I can decypher on wiki, NK cells are in fact very good at detecting viruses and infected cells and whatnot.

Thus I believe dromtry and mpolo, as they seem to have different types of receptors as well.

So umm.....dammit.
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:38 pm UTC
Location: C̶a̶l̶i̶f̶o̶r̶n̶i̶a̶ Beautiful

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 4 - Wish upon an Astrocyte

Postby MasterOfAll » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:08 am UTC

Okay, another day extension here. (Thanks Amy). Also, I totally hadn't picked up on the infected does not necessarily mean mafia, if that means (as I think it does) that some cells can be infected yet still on town side (maybe they are just unknowingly helping the virus to propagate, although I don't know how propagation would work now that pool of players is used up).

Anyway, by my count we have 11 players currently, so here is the list of players in the order they entered the game, and including some role information where available.

-----------D1.5-----------
CF . . . . . . . .
-----------D2-----------
Kipper . . . . . . . .
-----------D3-----------
Knightshire . . . . . . . .
Brooklynxman . . . . . . . . neuron w/ (useless) astrocyte communication ability
Flying_Cookie . . . . . . . .
MasterOfAll . . . . . . . .
-----------D3.5-----------
Entropy . . . . . . . .
mister k . . . . . . . . myocyte w/ dueling power
mpolo . . . . . . . . NK Cell w/ virocop power
-----------D4-----------
NAR . . . . . . . .
Dromtry . . . . . . . . NK Cell w/ virocop power

I feel like there have been more claims (or not-claiming-due-to-restriction for mpolo and Dromtry) than this, but maybe it was just players who are now dead that I am thinking of. Still, if I missed anything, please remind me. (I also think there is some process of elimination that can be done to determine a few more roles, but since I don't know what particular cell type a virus would prefer to target, I think that maybe it is best to not help the virus out with info on what type of cell everyone is.

I want to look at how Flying_Cookie, Entropy, and NAR have been acting, but have some stuff to do right now, so it will have to wait.
Kipper wrote:SERIOUSLY. Listen to MoA, he knows his stuff. . . High five MoA!
(not funny, but true)
ameretrifle wrote:MoA is an astute logician and is, in fact, directly related to Sherlock Holmes on his mother's side.
(ditto for this one)

User avatar
Dromtry
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:22 pm UTC
Location: The Ninjas Are Coming, NH

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 4 - Wish upon an Astrocyte

Postby Dromtry » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:17 am UTC

I am an NK cell, I was not told who I divided from, if I divided from anyone. I think you can derive how my ability works from my few previous posts.

Since apparently we are on the same side mpolo, I'm sorry I made you have to claim.
~steve

User avatar
crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:43 pm UTC
Location: Is so hot right now.

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 4 - Wish upon an Astrocyte

Postby crucialityfactor » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:10 am UTC

I have the roleblock/doctor power.

User avatar
Kipper
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:33 am UTC

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 4 - Wish upon an Astrocyte

Postby Kipper » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:36 am UTC

We could always lynch NAR, it would be fun!
Amy: (11:06:09 PM) ***Amy huggles Kipper
Amy: (11:06:13 PM) Amy: Leave my fishy alone.

[3:05pm] Amy: NO TOUCHING KIPPER
[3:05pm] Amy: MY FISHY!

User avatar
Flying_Cookie
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:47 am UTC
Location: The Internet

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 4 - Wish upon an Astrocyte

Postby Flying_Cookie » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:27 am UTC

Dammit, I don't want to believe you, but I think we should. Whats been said makes sense, and having more than one night kill for town could get a bit over powered, and rather quickly.
One question though, do you know WHY you can't go into your role fully?
Unvote
At this point though, we only have a day to make a choice. Who do we vote for?
Flying_CookieTM

User avatar
mister k
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:28 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 4 - Wish upon an Astrocyte

Postby mister k » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:43 am UTC

Hmm, so mpolo would be our vigilante. Dromtry, picking up on speculation, might want to become an NK. The mod wouldn't want two night kills. Yeah that all follows.

unvote:dromtry

Also, note mod note. This means for definite one of two things-

infected cells in some nebulous way act as hosts for our virus, and they need them to retain their life

infected cells will turn into viruses if last long enough.

I wonder if we had antibodys we could fix them....
Elvish Pillager wrote:you're basically a daytime-miller: you always come up as guilty to scumdar.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 4 - Wish upon an Astrocyte

Postby mpolo » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:43 pm UTC

Why can't I go into my role fully? Because it says so in my role description, paraphrasing from memory: "At no point can you claim ____". And I am trying very hard not to do so.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:38 pm UTC
Location: C̶a̶l̶i̶f̶o̶r̶n̶i̶a̶ Beautiful

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 4 - Wish upon an Astrocyte

Postby MasterOfAll » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:11 pm UTC

mister k wrote:Hmm, so mpolo would be our vigilante.
No, I am pretty sure that he doesn't have a kill, but does have an investigation triggered by publicly asking someone if they are a virus.

Okay, looks like I left CF as doctor/roleblocker/setter asider of disher off my list. But, there isn't anything else I missed?

-----------D1.5-----------
CF . . . . . . . . macrophage with remove player from night action ability
-----------D2-----------
Kipper . . . . . . . .
-----------D3-----------
Knightshire . . . . . . . .
Brooklynxman . . . . . . . . neuron w/ (useless) astrocyte communication ability
Flying_Cookie . . . . . . . .
MasterOfAll . . . . . . . .
-----------D3.5-----------
Entropy . . . . . . . .
mister k . . . . . . . . myocyte w/ dueling power
mpolo . . . . . . . . NK Cell w/ virocop power
-----------D4-----------
NAR . . . . . . . .
Dromtry . . . . . . . . NK Cell w/ virocop power


So, in the re-read I did of the posts of Flying_Cookie, Entropy, and NAR I did not come across anything too damning. There was this one bit of WIFOM, though . . . (I am including both Entropy's wine and FC's response to it) . . .
Flying_Cookie wrote:
Entropy wrote:I'm here, just having some difficulty coming up with an original contribution. I do think there is something to be said for the theory that there is a virus among mpolo, mister-k, and myself. Since mpolo was the one to bring that conclusion to light, it makes him being the virus very WIFOM. However, I don't think it could be mister-k. It might make the most sense to just lynch the lot of us to be certain. :-/


I don't really like this idea, seems pointless to lynch three people on the off chance that one of them is a virus, while more people can just get infected overnight. This not be serious though, so yeah. Any thoughts on this?
So, with admittedly very little to actually go on, I am tempted to vote for Entropy for being right about it being likely that there is a virus among the 3 players who entered in the middle of D3. And, as we now have very believable claims from both mister k and mpolo, that just leave Entropy from that group. So, I guess I might as well . . .

Vote: Entropy
Kipper wrote:SERIOUSLY. Listen to MoA, he knows his stuff. . . High five MoA!
(not funny, but true)
ameretrifle wrote:MoA is an astute logician and is, in fact, directly related to Sherlock Holmes on his mother's side.
(ditto for this one)

User avatar
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread
Posts: 3918
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am UTC
Location: AL

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 4 - Wish upon an Astrocyte

Postby Sungura » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:18 pm UTC

Votals:
1 - Entropy (MoA)
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 4 - Wish upon an Astrocyte

Postby mpolo » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:33 pm UTC

Here's where I stand on trusting people at the moment.

> 90% sure of towniness:
---------------------------------
myself
misterk
dromtry
CF
kipper
brooklynxman

>75% sure of towniness:
---------------------------------
MasterofAll (advocating claiming, but not giving us anything on himself)

no firm opinion, tending toward suspicion:
-------------------
Knightshire
Flying_Cookie
NotaRaptor

suspicious, though primarily for time of birth and wine-spilling:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Entropy

And time is running out. So I have to vote, even though I don't want to, yet.

I'll go for
Vote: Entropy
and promise to try to come back for his defence before deadline.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
mister k
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:28 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 4 - Wish upon an Astrocyte

Postby mister k » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:11 pm UTC

Uh, I guess I'd better vote too then....

vote:entropy

moas' logic is reasonable.
Elvish Pillager wrote:you're basically a daytime-miller: you always come up as guilty to scumdar.

User avatar
Entropy
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:40 pm UTC

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 4 - Wish upon an Astrocyte

Postby Entropy » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:16 pm UTC

Sigh.

I'll get a response up tonight after work if I'm still alive at that time.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 4 - Wish upon an Astrocyte

Postby mpolo » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:27 pm UTC

I guess I'm getting caught by time limits/zones... I'm off to bed, so if the decision fell before I get up, sorry, Entropy. I had to go with the apparent best target at the moment... But I would have liked you to have had a defense before I stuck with it.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Flying_Cookie
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:47 am UTC
Location: The Internet

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 4 - Wish upon an Astrocyte

Postby Flying_Cookie » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:51 am UTC

Flying_Cookie wrote:I don't really like this idea, seems pointless to lynch three people on the off chance that one of them is a virus, while more people can just get infected overnight. This not be serious though, so yeah. Any thoughts on this?

That should say "This might not be serious though, so yeah."

The logic against Entropy makes sense, and if I had made the comment about lynching three people, with me being one of them, I would think/hope that people would lynch me last, since it was my idea. Because of that, and the claims of the other two, I'm inclined to
Vote: Entropy
Flying_CookieTM

User avatar
Entropy
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:40 pm UTC

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 4 - Wish upon an Astrocyte

Postby Entropy » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:25 am UTC

Nah, quite honestly I agree with the logic, and if I were you I would lynch me too. I know myself to be a NK cell, which makes me suspect that mpolo is false claiming, but his claim is hella convincing. Hopefully my death will shed some light on him.

Vote: Entropy

User avatar
Not A Raptor
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:06 pm UTC

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 4 - Wish upon an Astrocyte

Postby Not A Raptor » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:46 am UTC

Vote: Entropy

Cell you later!
I'm celling you up the river!
All's cell that ends cell!
(Other miscellaneous puns)
Van wrote:I like simple games.

Like Wizardry.

WARNING: Is acting like NaR.
Kellsbells: NAR is a sillypants
Not_A_Raptor: :p
Kellsbells: That is my expert assessment

User avatar
Flying_Cookie
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:47 am UTC
Location: The Internet

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 4 - Wish upon an Astrocyte

Postby Flying_Cookie » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:04 am UTC

mpolo wrote:Why can't I go into my role fully? Because it says so in my role description, paraphrasing from memory: "At no point can you claim ____". And I am trying very hard not to do so.

Yes, that is literally why you can't claim, but do you have any idea of the reasons behind why you are not aloud to claim?
Flying_CookieTM

User avatar
MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:38 pm UTC
Location: C̶a̶l̶i̶f̶o̶r̶n̶i̶a̶ Beautiful

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 4 - Wish upon an Astrocyte

Postby MasterOfAll » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:11 am UTC

Yet another NK cell claim? I am actually inclined to believe you for some reason, but at this point nobody else has any votes and Amy should be ending day whenever she gets time to do it, so I think our course here is already set.

But, seriously, is everybody an NK cell now?
Kipper wrote:SERIOUSLY. Listen to MoA, he knows his stuff. . . High five MoA!
(not funny, but true)
ameretrifle wrote:MoA is an astute logician and is, in fact, directly related to Sherlock Holmes on his mother's side.
(ditto for this one)

User avatar
MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:38 pm UTC
Location: C̶a̶l̶i̶f̶o̶r̶n̶i̶a̶ Beautiful

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 4 - Wish upon an Astrocyte

Postby MasterOfAll » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:13 am UTC

Entropy, if you are telling the truth, can you tell us what sort of power your version of NK cell was granted with?

And, if you aren't telling the truth, we will know soon enough, so you might as well just invent something truly awesome to claim.
Kipper wrote:SERIOUSLY. Listen to MoA, he knows his stuff. . . High five MoA!
(not funny, but true)
ameretrifle wrote:MoA is an astute logician and is, in fact, directly related to Sherlock Holmes on his mother's side.
(ditto for this one)

User avatar
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 4 - Wish upon an Astrocyte

Postby Brooklynxman » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:13 am UTC

Vote: Entropy

Right. No voting ones-self. Unless I know unequivocally you are not scum (see: Knightshire in Stargate, my mason-buddy), voting yourself makes me vote you too. We know you aren't a jester.
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Entropy
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:40 pm UTC

Re: [normal] CELL CULTURE: Day 4 - Wish upon an Astrocyte

Postby Entropy » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:36 am UTC

My power comes from being lynched, actually. If a virus contributes toward my lynch then antibodies are created that make that virus unable to infect any additional cells. Hopefully the scum is among the bandwagon and my sacrifice counts for something!


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests