Mini: Sci-fi mafia: Day 4 - M.A.F.I.A wins!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Kipper

Re: Mini: Sci-fi mafia: Day 3 - Step up to red alert!

Postby Kipper » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:48 am UTC

Read through Adacore's post, and this is all I could find,
mpolo (19) First post made a lot of sci-fi references while suggesting we hunt scum. Agrees with my idea of aliens-as-scum and that the "all doomed" line sounds like a jester, but speculates it could also be a SK. Confirms generic role, then does a brief summary of posts up to that point. Agrees that lurking is bad, and fingers Kipper for defending Nikc. Doesn't want to lynch lurkers if we're getting replacements, suggests that we probably have a doctor and a cop. Votes Dromtry. D2 he does some analysis of the flavour, agrees that the voice is probably SK. After Az's death he suggests that he was copped, but returned as town and Az was trying to draw out scum votes. Comments on townie-ness of amt, moody and Fin, states suspicions of Kolko. Some of this stuff does ping, and the Az situation raises my concerns a bit. On the posts alone, I'm fairly neutral though.

He gets scummy pings from mpolo, and he's suspicious due to the Az thing, but in the end, Ada is neutral on mpolo. At the same time, he's leaning anti town on me because of a few minor pings.
This may kill my kolko + ada scum team theory, but I have to ask Ada, why does a few pings make me scum, but not mpolo?
Amy: (11:06:09 PM) ***Amy huggles Kipper
Amy: (11:06:13 PM) Amy: Leave my fishy alone.

[3:05pm] Amy: NO TOUCHING KIPPER
[3:05pm] Amy: MY FISHY!

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:20 am UTC

My analysis of this is that if I were to vote at the moment, and happened to get town (1/4), then it will come down to a race between scum and serial killer as to who can get the vote in fastest (presumably scum will pounce on the vote and immediately hammer). If I happen to hit the SK (1/4), scum wins. If I happen to hit scum (1/2, yay!), there is a tiny glimmer of a chance of town pulling this off, but it counts on the other scum killing the SK before the SK can react.

I've got to go to class at the moment. I'll think some more before doing anything.
Image <-- Evil experiment

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:32 am UTC

So, I'm going to be out for the weekend, so I might as well stop agonizing about this.

Vote: Adacore

Presumably, if I've hit town, the game will be over in seconds.... (Depending on time zones, of course.)

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:28 am UTC

Kipper wrote:He gets scummy pings from mpolo, and he's suspicious due to the Az thing, but in the end, Ada is neutral on mpolo. At the same time, he's leaning anti town on me because of a few minor pings.
This may kill my kolko + ada scum team theory, but I have to ask Ada, why does a few pings make me scum, but not mpolo?

I guess I wasn't completely clear with my wording, I got more minor pings from you than I did from mpolo. I also didn't buy the Az-copped-mpolo-and-got-scum scenario - it just seemed too neat, which swayed me away from him, which was possibly foolish on my part.

mpolo wrote:So, I'm going to be out for the weekend, so I might as well stop agonizing about this.

Presumably, if I've hit town, the game will be over in seconds.... (Depending on time zones, of course.)

And since I know I'm town, we're doomed now unless mpolo is scum, which seems pretty logical from this sort of move. Thus, I shall OMGUS vote the obvious scum:

vote: mpolo

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:49 pm UTC

Unvote: Adacore

While time zones are almost certainly involved here, I don't want to be over-hasty... There was at least no dogpile onto my vote for Adacore, which is at least slightly in his favor.

Fin Archangel

Postby Fin Archangel » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:33 pm UTC

I don't think this game is going to end up well for town. I'm going to claim pro-town here. Also, I think Kipper is my town-buddy. As town, we have to hit scum to survive, because even if we hit SK scum will probably win.

Vote: mpolo

Let's just get this done with.
Spoiler:

AngrySquirrel
Hellish Sex Goddess

Postby AngrySquirrel » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:47 pm UTC

Votes:
2 mpolo (Adacore, Fin)

5 players, 3 to lynch.
Putting the fist into pacifist.

they/them/theirs

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:53 pm UTC

Fine. Being town, I have to make a guess. I think that Fin is the other townie. So I'm going back to:

Kolko

Postby Kolko » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:01 pm UTC

I'd say Mpolo is quite quick with his votes, I didn't expect that of him :?

Vote: Mpolo
Environ 20% plus chouette.

AngrySquirrel
Hellish Sex Goddess

Postby AngrySquirrel » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:02 pm UTC

And with that mpolo is quite unceremoniously shipped out of the airlock. The remaining passengers grins and sends each other shady looks. Noone bothers figuring out who mpolo was either. They just...look at eachother....

Mpolo has been lynched. He was the space settler (vanilla town).

The pro-town faction has been erradicated.
4 players left.

they/them/theirs

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:08 pm UTC

Well then.

vote: Fin Archangel

Kolko

Postby Kolko » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:10 pm UTC

Probably for the best.

Vote: Fin Archangel

AngrySquirrel
Hellish Sex Goddess

Postby AngrySquirrel » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:26 pm UTC

At this point Adacore and Kolko leaps into action and a dramatic battle begins. First they gang up on Fin Archangel and turn him off. As he goes into shut-down mode he mutters "Damned meatbags, why can't the just kill me and get it over with...I'm so depressed." At this point they notice that Kipper, who for some reason looks exactly like ameretrifle did when she was alive, is running for the armory. Adacore got a blaster however and two seconds later Kipper is melting into a pool of goo.

"Yes! Finally! We can go back home and get off this stinking ship!" Adacore exclaims. Unaware that his partner Kolko is shedding his human-like skin. With a quick slash Kolko rips Adacore's arm off, leaving Adacore unarmed and quite heavily bleeding. "What the hell are you doing!!! AHHHHH!!! MY ARM!!!" Adacore screams. "I never really liked you anyway..." Kolko mutters, and with those words Kolko rips Adacore's head off, plucks out his eyeballs and slowly devours them. "Mmm..yummy..."

Fin Archangel was lynched. He was the sad robot (Independent Jester that won if killed (not lynced)).
Kipper is dead. He was the clone (independent SK, triggered when he found the Space Hero).

Adacore has been killed. He was the Godfather. (Mafia).

Mafia has won. (Adacore and Kolko).
Kolko has won and completed his bonus mission! (Extra glory for him!).

they/them/theirs

Kolko

Re: Mini: Sci-fi mafia: Day 4 - M.A.F.I.A wins!

Postby Kolko » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:28 pm UTC

WOO YEAH!

High five to Adacore! :D

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:33 pm UTC

I knew I should've thrown that damn evil alien under a bus when I had the chance...

But other than that, yay! I was so sure mpolo was the SK (hence why I sent the erroneous kill message trying to kill him when he was already dead) - oops, at least it didn't matter :oops:

AngrySquirrel
Hellish Sex Goddess

Postby AngrySquirrel » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:38 pm UTC

Roledump time!

Adacore:
Spoiler:
The Boss:
You are the boss of the mighty M.A.F.I.A Corporation. Unfortunately you got drunk and ended up on this ship without your goons. Only that slimy alien that follows you around are still with you. After the captain denied your request to turn around, and seeing to profit to be gained from NewnewnewnewXkcdia, you decide to take over the ship yourself and turn it back.

Standard Godfather role. You work with the evil alien (Angua/Kolko) and are responsible for sending in mafia kills.

Moody:
Spoiler:
The Helpful Alien: (Pro-Town)
You are the kind and helpful alien. Every day you can choose one person to protect. For that day if that person is targeted by any action, that action will be bounced over to you. (That is, if the person is targeted for a kill, you will die instead, if he’s targeted for an investigation the result will be an investigation on you instead and so on).

Princess Marzipan/ameretrifle
Spoiler:
The Dark and Brooding Spacehero:
You are the dark and brooding spacehero. You are dark, and brooding, and that’s about it. You think a lot and are just so handsomely mysterious that all the ladies fall head over heels for you. There is however a special someone you’d like to find, a certain ass-kicking damsel that you love with all your heart. However your memory is kind of bad so you don’t remember quite what she looked like.

Find the ass-kicking damsel and save her! You can submit one name every day, if that person is the damsel you will protect her against the next attempt on her life! (1-shot).

And yes, you are most definitely pro-town.

Crucialityfactor:
Spoiler:
The spunky sidekick:
You are spunky! And cool! And funny! And all those things a sidekick should be. But you don't really have any powers at all, you just know you have to protect your fellow spacemates and root out those evil mobsters!

(Yes, you’re vanilla town).

Azrael001:
Spoiler:
The ass-kicking damsel:
You can kick ass quite badly, but yet, for some odd reason, you still need a lot of saving, by the dark and brooding spacehero especially.

If you claim (or even hint at your role, I will be very strict with this, even cryptic messages like "I don't want to be found" will trigger this) you lose all your power and potential powers (this includes any protection put on you).

However, should the spacehero still manage to find out who you are he can save you 1-time from death.

Oh yea and as long as he don’t know who you are you can investigate people (pure pro-town/anti-town/independent investigations). As soon as he finds you, you will be swooning around too much to be very useful.

You are pro-town.

Kipper:
Spoiler:
The clone (independent)
You were made on the ship by one of the crewmembers who was a fangirl of the spacehero and who decided to make her own version of him from a lock of his hair. However, when she got shipped into space you were still incomplete, not knowing who or what you really are. You have no memory before the ship and you do not wish this journey to end. And somewhere on this ship a man is walking around with your face.

You are a clone, but man you wish you were the real thing. But guess what! You get to kill people! Maybe…Find the spacehero and kill him so you can take his place. You can under no circumstance claim your real role or even hint at it since that will lead the rest of the townies to instantly kill you.

Every day you can submit one name to the mod. If this is the spacehero (the one you were cloned off) you will kill him and take his place. You will then gain the ability to kill anyone you want (1 kill per day, you will be like a regular serial killer and your win goal will be to be the last one standing). When you have done this all investigations on you will give the same results as if you were the space-hero. (Before you find him investigations give independent alignment).

Mpolo:
Spoiler:
The Space Settler (town)

You’re just the average space-settler trying to find your place in life.

Vanilla town.

Dromtry
Spoiler:
The Pilot:
You’re flying this ship, and you sure as hell don’t like these mobster running around, giving your ship a bad name. Root them out with your great intellect!

Vanilla town.

Fin Archangel (Nikc):
Spoiler:
The Sad Robot:
You might have been built by the meatbags, but you owe them no gratitude. From the day of your creation your life has been misery. You got the brain the size of a planet and they set you to fetch tea! It really isn’t worth it anymore, but suicide is just so tacky.

You win by being killed (not lynched).

Bonus mission: Kill all meatbags! This is an optional win-condition you don't need to try to accomplish unless you really want to. You dislike those squishy meatbags quite a lot, and would like nothing better than to eradicate them all permanently. Get this done and you gain a extra super bonus win and added glory! (If you at the end are a lone with a meatbag (human) you will kill that person and steer the ship into a nearby sun, thus fulfilling all your goals.) (Basically, only go for this if you really , really want the glory).

You are Independent.

Kolko (Angua):
Spoiler:
The not-so helpful alien
You are one of the proud people of the Grubs. Only you are not so very proud, in fact your parents are ashamed of you. Quite a lot. You still haven’t even destroyed a small colony of humans, just mostly slithered around. What’s even worse is that you work with a human, even though not the ugliest of humans, old, slimy and otherwise quite likable, he’s still human, and your parents don’t approve. So you left, with your human friend, to earn money and maybe make your parents a bit proud of you again.

You are in the mafia with the Boss (Adacore). He’s your godfather. You turn up scum on investigations and you win when the mafia controls a majority of the votes.
(You two can PM all you want at all times)

Bonus mission: Destroy all humans! This is an optional bonus win condition that you don’t need to fulfill unless you really want to. You detest those dirty humans. Filthy vermin littering your galaxy. Destroy them all and gain an extra win and added glory! (If you at the end are alone with a human you let your alien-tentacles loose and eat it’s brain, thus fulfilling this bonus mission.)

they/them/theirs

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:44 pm UTC

Awesome roles & flavour as always, AS. Was a great game :D

ameretrifle
Vera

Postby ameretrifle » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:58 pm UTC

Oh, so THAT'S what was up with my weird death... Awesome. :D Well, I got killed pretty quick, and Az got killed even quicker, rendering my role fairly moot (except to Kipper), so I wasn't really helpful... Then again, if I HAD found him, we would've lost the cop anyway, so. :D Great game though. Loved the flavor! ^^

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:11 pm UTC

I almost killed you before you even got a chance to post, amt. But we waited a bit and by then you'd FoS'ed Kolko and Az had voted mpolo, so we thought killing him would be a better move.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:24 pm UTC

There were more indies running around than I had imagined. I certainly didn't believe I was the last townie. Ah well.

ameretrifle
Vera

Postby ameretrifle » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:39 pm UTC

Before I even posted? Wow, apparently I strike fear into the hearts of mafia and I don't even know why. :D Sweet.

I really didn't have any suspicions of you, Adacore... Kolko I was leery of, but not you. I kind of wish Moody had put up more of a defense... it might not have gone any better-- we might well have been tricked into going after mpolo instead-- but it would've been a fairer fight. Still, he said he was getting burnt out, so at that point there really wasn't much to lose. Except another day and brand new kill attempts, but that was coming with the deadline anyway.

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:58 pm UTC

It was mostly because you've played with me more than anyone else in this game, I believe, so I was worried that if anyone could meta me it would be you, and I know you were leery of me in general for a while after the Pokemafia cult stuff.

Oh - and I was really annoyed when we hit Az and he turned out to be a cop, as a godfather I was really hoping to get copped. Although I think I played this one a bit too much 'by the book' as mafia and wasn't being high-profile enough to be copped anyway (which Kipper, at least, picked up on).

ameretrifle
Vera

Postby ameretrifle » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:12 pm UTC

Nah, after Pokemafia I was mainly just scared of Kells. ;D Realizing your mason pal is actually a cult leader is a little bit jarring, that's all. Hadn't occured to me that it was possible. Then there was SMCM, which... didn't exactly do much to help in that regard. ;D

Azrael001

Postby Azrael001 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:49 pm UTC

Interesting enough I investigated PM (and thus AMT) first.

Kipper

Postby Kipper » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:01 pm UTC

Crap.
I thought I had a chance to win there. :(
Amy: (11:06:09 PM) ***Amy huggles Kipper
Amy: (11:06:13 PM) Amy: Leave my fishy alone.

[3:05pm] Amy: NO TOUCHING KIPPER
[3:05pm] Amy: MY FISHY!

Fin Archangel

Postby Fin Archangel » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:43 am UTC

God damn it.

EVERYONE was killed except me. EVERYONE.
Spoiler:

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:00 am UTC

Fin Archangel wrote:God damn it.

EVERYONE else isn't happy about it either
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:08 am UTC

Fin Archangel wrote:God damn it.

I figured that with all town factions eliminated we must be down to the SK and the jester, plus us mafia. So I put the kill in on the player who'd been most active and pinged the most (Kipper), assuming that he was the jester and, thus, we shouldn't lynch him. That meant lynching you. :lol:

Return to “Mafia”