"Ignorance is Strength.
Unbenownst to... most everyone, the party has been fragmented. Other than a few members of the Thought Police, it seems like only the legendary Big Brother is left in his citadel to rule. The brotherhood has risen to a place of legend amoung the people, and had caused them to waver in their Love of the party. Some had even begun to love one another. Big Brother does not allow any such thing. He has begun to ruthlessly purge and kill with his remaining loyal members, and forge a new regime, in spite of the rise of the Brotherhood."
"War is Peace.
In the height of his power, a simple show of force, or propaganda would be enough to bring back those who strayed too far from the flock. Perhaps a few traitors could be sent to the Ministry of Love. But the buildings stand empty, unmanned. Victims of the purges. In fact, he has few soldiers even left. Directly calling for troops is out of the question. The sham of a war reports nothing but success. He has a few trained assassins... But nothing else to aid him. His only option is a slow, silent effort to gather up and force out those who are not loyal. "
"Freedom is Slavery.
The proles, the majority of the population, and the only sect to have remained stable during these times. Emmanuel Goldstein predicted that they would be the only chance for the party's total downfall. He was correct. If Big Brother falls, the party will lose control of the proles, and inevitably, a champion will rise... He will bring about full rebellion. The brotherhood will capitalize on this, and completely crush the party. Due to this, no one will know of Big Brother's death. He will simply be reported as party rank and file, and the inner party will take control. The illusion of his granduer will last forever. And while the death of Emmanuel Goldstein would be a boon for the party, the brotherhood will be sure to replace his body with that of a prole, or similar fellow. The two icons of Power and Resistance are immortal.
This is the end of an era. Either the party will forever reign supreme, or it will be crushed underfoot. Only time will tell."
The journal ends there. The rest of the pages partially burned, partially stained with blood.
Party: Ruling class, varied levels of freedom.
The Brotherhood: Rebels. Very loyal to their cause. Normal methods of brainwashing are not usually successful.
Emmanuel Goldstein: Leader of the Brotherhood. Unknown if he is simply a symbol, or a real person.
Big Brother: Leader of the party. Much like Emmanuel, it is unknown if he is real, or a symbol used for control by the party.
Champion of the Proles: No one knows if, when, or how, they will rise. But if they do, and the proles rise up, the party will be knee deep in rebellion.
Proles: The majority of the population. They live inside the party, but hold no specific allegiance to it.
V. Dark Loink
XV. Not A Raptor
XXII. mister K
XXV. Gojoe the great
CO-MODS: Sungura and Entropy
1. All players are encouraged to vote. However, this does not mean your votes count.
2. The party rank and file are expected to stay deferential to the inner party and Big Brother. Any kind of insubordination will lead to a swift death.
3. We have always been at war with Eastasia.
4. The rules can change. Do not doubt the rules of the Party. Do not disobey the party. The party is, always was, and always will be, correct.
5. Voting can, and will if possible, result in immediate death.
6. Do not trust the Party.
7. We have recently scored a great victory against Eastasia. The scum from Eurasia will surely fall soon.
8. The freedom the Party gives you is a beautiful gift. Do not squander it. Vote.
9. Your private lives are just that. Private. No one has any desire to learn of your allegiances or lack thereof. There is no need to state claims of your position. You may express love of the party, but nothing more. Any attempts to state rank will result in the same punishment as those cowards who decide to resist the Party's authority, through acts such as treason, or voting. Be aware. Any and all claims of rank are to be reported to the thought police. You are not allowed to know who they are. Do not attempt to find out.
10. All people, regardless of position or rank will be inside during the night. This curfew will be enforced, using deadly force if necessary. Thus, any decisions that need to be made must be reported to the powers that be before we decide upon a traitor to lynch. Forgetting to do so means you forfeit any kind of benefit you may have. If you must converse with someone, do it during daylight hours. Any attempts at communication will be traced, before being disconnected, and both of these criminals will be killed. Do not plan any such action. Thoughtcrime will be punished by death as well.
11-X The rest of the mafia rules.
In case it was at all unclear
1. No roleclaims. (This excludes prole, which is to be considered a vanilla townie for most purposes)
2. Everyone can and should vote. You do no know how much your vote counts for.
3. People with actions send them in during the day. There will be a short night (hopefully, I may not catch it in time, go co-mods!) in which I simply resolve all actions. You are skipped if you do not turn an action in on time. No exceptions. If for some reason you can't get on, and I get your action from a member of your group, I will use best judgment.
5. Be careful what information your recruits get ahold of.
DO NOT TRUST ANY (most at least. If I tell you that you die, you're dead) INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE. Information Control is an important concept to grasp here.