1984ia DAWN of D2, with bonus lynch! [Replacements needed]

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

PossibleSloth
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 6:51 am UTC
Location: Boston (or thereabouts)

Re: 1984ia Day 1 Co-Mod: Entropy [Replacements needed]

Postby PossibleSloth » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:16 pm UTC

For some reason I read your post as
az wrote:Anyway, as my vote doesn't seem to count

which made much less sense. Carry on...

User avatar
kellsbells
Queen of Cupcakes
Posts: 1166
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:26 pm UTC
Location: The Land Beyond Beyond (Seattle)
Contact:

Re: 1984ia Day 1 Co-Mod: Entropy [Replacements needed]

Postby kellsbells » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:55 pm UTC

Entropy wrote:One third of the population is currently voting.
Significantly improved numbers from last year!

Princess Marzipan wrote:I haven't paid much attention yet and am busy tonight and all I have is a slight ping from MaJ. It is my duty to vote for who I find most suspicious, so

Vote: MaJ

I don't find him PARTICULARLY suspicious, just slightly more than anyone else. Because I haven't been reading really. >_<
This is, uh, pretty deplorable. I know we need to vote, but tossing one down when you haven't even been reading? Tsk.
A good pun is its own reword.
L wrote:A day without kells is a day not worth living.

User avatar
michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing
Posts: 2353
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:21 am UTC
Location: Citizen of the World
Contact:

Re: 1984ia Day 1 Co-Mod: Entropy [Replacements needed]

Postby michaelandjimi » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:33 am UTC

Yeah, does anyone who's currently suspicious of me, or even voting me, actually have a reason? I've had pretty much constant 'suspicion' of me, without anyone laying down a proper, actual reason.

It's slightly ridiculous, people.
Whelan wrote:Relax, have a good time, and hope for the bees ;)

cycoden
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 9:21 am UTC
Location: Melbourne

Re: 1984ia Day 1 Co-Mod: Entropy [Replacements needed]

Postby cycoden » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:14 am UTC

Mr K wrote:The story was a story direct from the party. We must trust the party, unless the party tells us to not trust the party, of course. In that case we must trust the party and thus not trust the party.
OOTD wrote:DO NOT TRUST ANY (most at least. If I tell you that you die, you're dead) INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE
We must trust in BB, but understand that not all members of the Party are trustful. The Party already cautioned that information may be untrustful.

mieulium wrote:I personally think Cycoden is scum. It is congruent with his behaviour with the past game. D:
I see I have a nemesis :D... I'd appreciate if you could explain how my behaviour in this game is similar to stargate?

BXM wrote:I will prolly remove this upon review, it is mostly to avoid anything bad happening to non-voters. Also he voted me, so omgus.
Lazy vote is lazy.

BXM wrote:Actually I might move it to Cycoden, someone made a good point about how he was acting like he did in Stargate.
You are piggybacking on mieulium's unsubstantiated reasoning, without providing any actual argument of your own. She's inexperienced, but you have no such excuse.

I remain suspicious of brook.
VectorZero wrote:SEXUAL INTERCOURSE DISGUSTS ME!
Spoiler:
Bulvox wrote:This is probably one of the few times that I'll agree with Cycoden on anything. I just wish that my brain worked like that.

User avatar
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: 1984ia Day 1 Co-Mod: Entropy [Replacements needed]

Postby Brooklynxman » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:41 am UTC

Actually I'm also looking at futurama, and I can't place my finger on it but its there. I admit it might be OMGUS, but if I have to vote then I'd rather vote you right now. Also, I never claimed it wasn't a lazy vote, it was mostly so I had a vote in just in case there were reprecusions for not having one, also, mpolo had no votes at the time and I made it clear it wasn't a vote in an attempt to get a lynch (anyone who followed would have had me looking at them funny).

But go ahead and be suspicions of that vote.

Also, I have 1984 on hold for me at the library right now. I'm picking it up tomorrow and I recommend everyone else do the same, even if its just to touch up.
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
apricity
almost grown-up but not quite
Posts: 3983
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:28 am UTC

Re: 1984ia Day 1 Co-Mod: Entropy [Replacements needed]

Postby apricity » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:49 am UTC

Game_boy wrote:Vote: lanicita

No contribution to finding the scum (if we can call them that in this game), except for when repating the standard justification for lynching lurkers in place of useful content. Though I am certainly being hypocritical as I have done nothing useful myself.
Yes, I'm sorry about that. I'm trying to keep up, but I've been ridiculously busy this week. Next week will be much better, as I have time off for Thanksgiving, so I will work hard to catch up then.

However, FoS: Cycoden. I think quote-sniping in Mafia is a really suspicious activity. But I'm not voting for him just based on that, and I wasn't part of Stargate so I'm not about to metagame.
LE4d wrote:have you considered becoming an electron

it takes just a little practice to learn to be
(she/her/hers)

User avatar
ameretrifle
Vera
Posts: 814
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:32 am UTC
Location: Canada (the flat bit)

Re: 1984ia Day 1 Co-Mod: Entropy [Replacements needed]

Postby ameretrifle » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:17 am UTC

michaelandjimi wrote:Yeah, does anyone who's currently suspicious of me, or even voting me, actually have a reason? I've had pretty much constant 'suspicion' of me, without anyone laying down a proper, actual reason.
Are you including me in that count? Because I've explained quite clearly why I've been a bit leery of you from the start.
ameretrifle wrote:And again, I'm good with the roleplaying and flavor, but as a base for votes/non-jokey FoSs... doubleplusungood. Not autovote material, but definitely autoscrutiny.
As a rule, I am not especially fond of joke votes. I don't get in a fuss over them, but I am not fond of them. Doubly so in this game, where I don't know the flavor that well and don't want to get jumped on for anything stupid. I am suspicious of any and every player who has voted based on flavor. Day one amusement or not, you must admit that includes you. It also includes a number of other players. These are not suspicions I am prepared to act on; they are people I am watching slightly more carefully. Doesn't that count as a proper reason?

User avatar
Azrael001
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:15 am UTC
Location: The Land of Make Believe.
Contact:

Re: 1984ia Day 1 Co-Mod: Entropy [Replacements needed]

Postby Azrael001 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:44 am UTC

It is very difficult for me to keep track of people without their avatars. This is reducing my ability to be competent in all of my games. Irritation.
23111

User avatar
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: 1984ia Day 1 Co-Mod: Entropy [Replacements needed]

Postby Brooklynxman » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:30 am UTC

Azrael001 wrote:It is very difficult for me to keep track of people without their avatars. This is reducing my ability to be competent in all of my games. Irritation.


Agreed. You dont realize how much you rely on it until the system fails and suddenly everyone is the same.
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Kipper
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:33 am UTC

Re: 1984ia Day 1 Co-Mod: Entropy [Replacements needed]

Postby Kipper » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:33 am UTC

Sorry for lurking, been a little busy.
All I really have for now is game speculation. When OOTD suggested this game, he described it as "cult warfare", so we should be on the lookout for multiple cults. Also, if OOTD thinks anything like I do, the vanilla people won't be vanilla once they are recruited.
Amy: (11:06:09 PM) ***Amy huggles Kipper
Amy: (11:06:13 PM) Amy: Leave my fishy alone.

[3:05pm] Amy: NO TOUCHING KIPPER
[3:05pm] Amy: MY FISHY!

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: 1984ia Day 1 Co-Mod: Entropy [Replacements needed]

Postby mpolo » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:17 pm UTC

Brooklynxman wrote:
Azrael001 wrote:It is very difficult for me to keep track of people without their avatars. This is reducing my ability to be competent in all of my games. Irritation.


Agreed. You dont realize how much you rely on it until the system fails and suddenly everyone is the same.


It is good to know that the Eurasian scum have broken into everyone's vidscreen and not just mine. (Or perhaps disturbing was the correct word...)
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: 1984ia Day 1 Co-Mod: Entropy [Replacements needed]

Postby mpolo » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:23 pm UTC

Kipper wrote:Sorry for lurking, been a little busy.
All I really have for now is game speculation. When OOTD suggested this game, he described it as "cult warfare", so we should be on the lookout for multiple cults. Also, if OOTD thinks anything like I do, the vanilla people won't be vanilla once they are recruited.


This sounds almost as though you would like to be recruited, Kipper. Be firm in your love of the party! Ignorance is Strength!

There is also a disturbing suggestion in the opening text that Big Brother might fall (this seems impossible, because Big Brother has always been and will always be the ruler of Oceania, and soon of the entire world, once we crush the Eurasians under our feet), and that this would lead to the rise of a champion of the proles. But the whole concept seems to be crimethink -- what champion of the proles could possiblewise be better than Big Brother?
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: 1984ia Day 1 Co-Mod: Entropy [Replacements needed]

Postby Brooklynxman » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:20 pm UTC

I think Big Brother can recruit people as well, possibly ensuring their loyalty?

We really are in the dark on this one, if I have read it right with the exception of a few players none of us know for sure the games mechanics.
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Dark Loink
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 10:07 pm UTC
Location: Upriver

Re: 1984ia Day 1 Co-Mod: Entropy [Replacements needed]

Postby Dark Loink » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:18 pm UTC

So the party wants us to vote. I have read this once about, finally have time to read it again, and will.
But it wants us to vote, and that is our duty. We must do our duty to the party.
I am suspicious of Mieulium, although i will need to reread to remember why....so it is not too perminant a vote.
Until them, vote:Mieulium

User avatar
Entropy
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:40 pm UTC

Re: 1984ia Day 1 Co-Mod: Entropy [Replacements needed]

Postby Entropy » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:42 pm UTC

The daily two minutes hate has been started. Make your way to the assembly room now.

User avatar
Azrael001
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:15 am UTC
Location: The Land of Make Believe.
Contact:

Re: 1984ia Day 1 Co-Mod: Entropy [Replacements needed]

Postby Azrael001 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:57 pm UTC

Vote: MaJ

Hate is as hate does.
23111

User avatar
Entropy
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:40 pm UTC

Re: 1984ia Day 1 Co-Mod: Entropy [Replacements needed]

Postby Entropy » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:27 am UTC

12 votes are currently cast for 9 candidates.

  • Game_Boy (MaJ)
  • MaJ (Marzipan, Azrael)
  • Azrael (Kells, CF)
  • Cycoden (PossibleSloth)
  • Mieulium (Dark Loink)
  • Mpolo (Brooklynxman, VZ)
  • Brooklynxman (Mpolo)
  • Lanicita (Game_Boy)
  • Dedalus (E_E)

User avatar
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: 1984ia Day 1 Co-Mod: Entropy [Replacements needed]

Postby Brooklynxman » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:57 am UTC

Unvote

Not really suspecting mpolo at all anymore. Still suspicious of cycoden but not enough to vote (well, close to enough for a D1 vote, but not quite).
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Azrael001
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:15 am UTC
Location: The Land of Make Believe.
Contact:

Re: 1984ia Day 1 Co-Mod: Entropy [Replacements needed]

Postby Azrael001 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:01 am UTC

It's been much more than two minutes.

Unvote

I'd be voting for PM except to do so would be fairly hypocritical as he hasn't been acting all that different than me.
23111

cycoden
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 9:21 am UTC
Location: Melbourne

Re: 1984ia Day 1 Co-Mod: Entropy [Replacements needed]

Postby cycoden » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:51 am UTC

lanicita wrote:I think quote-sniping in Mafia is a really suspicious activity.
In my mind its only quote-sniping if you take it out of context. You'll find that this is just how I roll, regardless of alignment, if you read my past games.

So I've reviewed the thread from the official beginning of the game, and here are my thoughts:
- Az has had a lot of voting activity.
- NaR has acted like NaR :?
- There appears to be a link between kells and maj:
-- After VZ and MaJ were sparring, kells agreed with me that VZ seems crazy.
-- Lancita thought that MaJ's ruse was goodthink, kells agreed.
-- Kells also suggested that perhaps MaJ had no choice but to place a FoS in his second post.
-- And then Az votes MaJ... and guess who next votes for Az?
-- Finally, PM votes MaJ and kells comments that PM is deplorable.
- (I have to agree with kells' description of PM's particpation though)
- The more people have posted, the more they seem to be a target. While this is somewhat expected given the nature of the game, we should look at the lurkers, and the 'active' lurkers a little more carefully. For example:
-- After being on everyone's radar, VZ has been rather quiet.
-- the only noticeable post I have seen from CF was to vote Az
-- the only noticeable post I recall from EE was to vote dedalus.
-- Bulvox is conspicous by his absence

Indeed, IIRC, the following people have had little participation, if any:
XII. Bulvox
XIII. CVSoul
XVI. Kipper
XVII. EstLladon
XIX. Vieto
XX. Belgarion
XXI. hendusoone
XXIII.McCaber
XXIV. CF
XXV. Gojoe the great
VectorZero wrote:SEXUAL INTERCOURSE DISGUSTS ME!
Spoiler:
Bulvox wrote:This is probably one of the few times that I'll agree with Cycoden on anything. I just wish that my brain worked like that.

PossibleSloth
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 6:51 am UTC
Location: Boston (or thereabouts)

Re: 1984ia Day 1 Co-Mod: Entropy [Replacements needed]

Postby PossibleSloth » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:22 am UTC

unvote

I think I need to take another look at this game.

User avatar
Not A Raptor
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:06 pm UTC

Re: 1984ia Day 1 Co-Mod: Entropy [Replacements needed]

Postby Not A Raptor » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:57 am UTC

There is so much unvoting going on during the Two Minutes Hate. I find this to be quite amusing.

The evidence of a link between Kells and MaJ is compelling, for a day one possibility. What remains to be seen is whether or not they are goodthinkful party members or conspiring to commit acts against the party.
Van wrote:I like simple games.

Like Wizardry.

WARNING: Is acting like NaR.
Kellsbells: NAR is a sillypants
Not_A_Raptor: :p
Kellsbells: That is my expert assessment

User avatar
mieulium
Posts: 277
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:04 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia and Singapore
Contact:

Re: 1984ia Day 1 Co-Mod: Entropy [Replacements needed]

Postby mieulium » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:59 am UTC

I can assure anyone that I am not in the Brotherhood, the cop can cop me on this statement.

However, this is still the first day, and I am really bad at 1984 (I still can't find time to complete reading it). I agree, I am sitting on the fence on things, thats only because I am unsure about many things. I believe that Big Brother is great, and that he is able to weed out the Brotherhood.

But, if he requires my belief, Vote: Cycoden.
Hi. This is Martha. She likes dull objects. She likes you too! Oh wait... I guess you'd better get some brain training on then.

"OBJECTION!"

User avatar
Azrael001
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:15 am UTC
Location: The Land of Make Believe.
Contact:

Re: 1984ia Day 1 Co-Mod: Entropy [Replacements needed]

Postby Azrael001 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:35 am UTC

The Kells MaJ connection is indeed very interesting. The question is whether it is coincidence or not...

It's almost worth re-revoting MaJ, as the connection seems to be one way.
23111

User avatar
kellsbells
Queen of Cupcakes
Posts: 1166
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:26 pm UTC
Location: The Land Beyond Beyond (Seattle)
Contact:

Re: 1984ia Day 1 Co-Mod: Entropy [Replacements needed]

Postby kellsbells » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:54 am UTC

Huh. Now that you point it out, I kind of see how you could draw a connection. Honestly, I just thought that his early FoS seemed less like a scummy thing and more like something he might be forced into, hence my theory. I agreed with lanicita and cycoden's arguments about it, and the Princess Marzipan thing had far more to do with his own admitted lack of reading (but voting anyway) than his voting target. There's really no connection between MaJ and me (that I'm aware of, at least. In this game, I admit the possibility of having absolutely no idea what's going on).
A good pun is its own reword.
L wrote:A day without kells is a day not worth living.

User avatar
Azrael001
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:15 am UTC
Location: The Land of Make Believe.
Contact:

Re: 1984ia Day 1 Co-Mod: Entropy [Replacements needed]

Postby Azrael001 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:57 am UTC

I do admit that vague half feelings are not much to go by, and no one was forthcoming with any kind of concrete reasons to be voting MaJ. Hence the lack of immediate vote.
23111

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: 1984ia Day 1 Co-Mod: Entropy [Replacements needed]

Postby mpolo » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:18 am UTC

Hate! Hate! Hate!

There are some who would refuse to help Big Brother cleanse us from the Eurasian scum!

Hate! Hate! Hate!

Not participating is tantamount to supporting crimethinkful Emmanuel Goldstein.

Hate! Hate! Hate!

Even if his show of love for Big Brother sounded hollow, a show of empty love is better than apathy...
Unvote: Brooklynxman

Hate! Hate! Hate!

Vote: Gojoe

Hate! Hate! Hate!
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
CVSoul
Posts: 460
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:23 pm UTC
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Re: 1984ia Day 1 Co-Mod: Entropy [Replacements needed]

Postby CVSoul » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:42 am UTC

Sorry for my absence, things have been pretty busy, and I couldn't make sense of the newspeak in the first couple pages so I gave it a moment to cool down. Let me share my knowledge with my fellow citizens.

pre-post edit: New ideas came to me as I did this post, researching as I wrote. This is evident. I don't have time to go and revise it right now, as it took me quite some time to come up with all this. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, and I'll answer as soon as I see them.

I'm going to spoiler to save screenspace for those scrolling through here. The reasoning for the vote in the spoiler, but I left the vote itself out to make it easier for modtypes to see it.

Spoiler:
cycoden wrote: - There appears to be a link between kells and maj:
-- After VZ and MaJ were sparring, kells agreed with me that VZ seems crazy.
-- Lancita thought that MaJ's ruse was goodthink, kells agreed.
-- Kells also suggested that perhaps MaJ had no choice but to place a FoS in his second post.

I actually have some insight into Kells. I got some nighttime flavor regarding her, saying that I saw her throughout the day, but she was always surrounded by many people. If she is linked to MaJ, she is also linked to a lot of other people, because she was never alone with him. Nay, she was never alone with anybody. I'm not sure what this means exactly.

ameretrifle wrote:As a rule, I am not especially fond of joke votes. I don't get in a fuss over them, but I am not fond of them. Doubly so in this game, where I don't know the flavor that well and don't want to get jumped on for anything stupid.

Actually, joke and test votes may prove fatal, since you don't know how much the Party will value your vote over anyone else's.
oneofthedragon wrote:2. Everyone can and should vote. You do no know how much your vote counts for.

So while I'm quite sure no one person will constitute a majority (save for, of course, Big Brother) we should watch where we're voting; it could easily take less than half of us to make a lynch.

That being said, I'm going to make a vote on someone as per the wisdom of Big Brother. Very few people have said anything that looks particularly scummy to me at the time of this typing (although it's hard for me to tell in this setting; I need more time to learn the new patterns of this game), so I am going to take a look back at why people have voted in the past to investigate...

Spoiler:
MaJ voted for game_boy:
A "tentative" vote five days ago. Lots of newspeak.

Marzipan voted for MaJ:
Light ping, hasn't really read the thread. Well... I'm not going to agree with this. The only reason I got suspicion off of MaJ was because of two people voting for him (:P), but neither really had just cause. So far he's seemed pretty reasonable. Kells is quite right -- We shouldn't just vote without reading the thread. But maybe he just panicked:
Entropy wrote:The Ministry of Love would like to take this opportunity to remind citizens that those who do not come forward with their suspicions today will be considered potential enemies of the state, and will be thoroughly investigated.
Maybe he was too busy to read the whole thread, and just wanted to get a vote in due to the deadline. It does beg the question, however, of why he feared investigation by the Ministry.

note: upon further review, this suspicion applies to pretty much every vote.

Kells and CF voted for Azrael:
-CF was testing and didn't unvote.
-Kells has unstrong suspicion, but was also voting to please Big Brother. The same suspicions as I have for Marzipan would apply to her if she wasn't already surrounded by so many members of the Party.... which may or may not mean anything. Any opinions on that are appreciated.

DL voted for Mieulium:
Temporary vote with no specific suspicion. Basically the same as Marzipan -> MaJ, only without the reaction.

VZ voted for mpolo:
Posted in verse with no citation. Not very useful.
Upon further review, he did FoS mpolo before, but only for roleplaying reasons.

mpolo voted for Brook:
A vote that has stood the test of time, although it was originally made because of an enthusiastic reply to Big Brother... which I imagine was jokingly bypassing the traditional role playing through overenthusiasm. I found it amusing, at least.

game_boy voted for Lanicita:
A vote with actual (if hypocritical) reasoning behind it. Lanicita has made the excuse of being busy, which is perfectly reasonable at this time of year. She also didn't make unfounded votes, even with an apparent time limit. I find this to be plusgood.

E_E voted for Dedalus:
Gave reasoning, but did not cite sources. Dedalus has not really made any game-related posts, and has indeed been gone, I assume due to IRL parties. I find no reason to suspect him yet.
Spoiler:
So my initial suspicion is towards the unfounded votes that were only made out of fear of the Party. If you're going to make a vote, it is a good idea to take 10 minutes to think of at least /some/ reason to make it.

The only (with-the-times) vote I find to have actual reasoning is for Lanicita, who I don't find scummy at all. I don't agree with any of the votes up there. So... I'm going to vote for the person who made the vote that bothered me the most-- which makes them appear scummy to me.
VZ has made roleplaying posts, and a vote that left me rather dumbfounded. And nothing else. So, my tentative vote is

vote: VectorZero
VZ, if you give me some content and maybe reasoning behind that vote, it would be great.
kellsbells wrote:My other car is a plain, unmarked white van.

User avatar
CVSoul
Posts: 460
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:23 pm UTC
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Re: 1984ia Day 1 Co-Mod: Entropy [Replacements needed]

Postby CVSoul » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:43 am UTC

EBWOP: Ninja'd by mpolo. Ignore what I said about him.
kellsbells wrote:My other car is a plain, unmarked white van.

User avatar
VectorZero
Posts: 471
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:22 am UTC
Location: Kensington

Re: 1984ia Day 1 Co-Mod: Entropy [Replacements needed]

Postby VectorZero » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:18 am UTC

CVSoul wrote:VZ, if you give me some content and maybe reasoning behind that vote, it would be great.
You identified my reasoning already. Mpolo indicated he doubted the existence of Emmanuel Goldstein. He has now hated Goldstein, so I am happy to
Unvote: mpolo
I put it in verse to indicate it's semi-randomness under a need to express a vote of some type, and because I was bored.

In general, I disagree with the push to disregard flavour. Firstly, it's day 1 (when we usually have difficulty finding anything to discuss), in a nonstandard setup (I agree with the competing cults theory), with specific instructions from the mod to be wary of information control. Secondly, its 1984! Why did you (plural, not talking to anyone in particular) sign up for an OOTD-modded 1984-themed game to not roleplay? :evil:

WRT my opening post: it's fairly obvious I used the phrase brotherhood from the opening post, which in the context of the game flavour is unclear whether proles should know of or use it. MaJ's response was reasonable.

In all seriousness, I think we should pay more attention to the flavour, and to what people say and don't say about the characters, not just what they say about each other. It's not only all we've got, it should be enough.

FoS: everyone discouraging flavour analysis
Van wrote:Fireballs don't lie.

User avatar
VectorZero
Posts: 471
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:22 am UTC
Location: Kensington

Re: 1984ia Day 1 Co-Mod: Entropy [Replacements needed]

Postby VectorZero » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:22 am UTC

Of BXM's enthusiastic response to BB's recruitment flavour, all I can say is it indicates he may not currently be a party member.
Van wrote:Fireballs don't lie.

User avatar
VectorZero
Posts: 471
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:22 am UTC
Location: Kensington

Re: 1984ia Day 1 Co-Mod: Entropy [Replacements needed]

Postby VectorZero » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:24 am UTC

Oh yes.

HATE HATE HATE,
Van wrote:Fireballs don't lie.

User avatar
Bulvox
Posts: 678
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:37 pm UTC
Location: Not Bunny
Contact:

Re: 1984ia Day 1 Co-Mod: Entropy [Replacements needed]

Postby Bulvox » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:14 am UTC

I would just like to say, that the reason why I haven't been posting more, is because I am thoroughly overwhelmed by the size of this game...I think this and JP will be the last large sized games that I participate in, as I get confused easily and don't know what's happening. Apparently though we need to vote or die. So, in the interests of living, I'll just:
vote: NaR

please correct me if this assumption is wrong, as I am currently really out of it. Stupid asthma attack.
Image
See Ya Space Cowboy...

User avatar
Entropy
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:40 pm UTC

Re: 1984ia Day 1 Co-Mod: Entropy [Replacements needed]

Postby Entropy » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:13 pm UTC

The daily two minutes hate is over. Those who enthusiastically participated have demonstrated their commitment to the party and their desire to punish crimethink. The party will pay extra attention to the suspicions of these individuals.

User avatar
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: 1984ia Day 1 Co-Mod: Entropy [Replacements needed]

Postby Brooklynxman » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:39 pm UTC

double vote?

Doubleplusvote?
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
ameretrifle
Vera
Posts: 814
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:32 am UTC
Location: Canada (the flat bit)

Re: 1984ia Day 1 Co-Mod: Entropy [Replacements needed]

Postby ameretrifle » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:10 am UTC

I don't want to disregard flavor. I just don't like it when people vote based on doubleplusflimsy interpretations of it. Some could be valid; a lot of it hasn't been; and, not being told whom to watch, I don't have much to work with. I can't wait until all these thoughtcriminals are uprooted and we can all simply be told what to think again. (I also can't wait until the semester ends in two weeks and I have time to read the book. It will help a lot.)

User avatar
hendusoone
Mr. Dreambeard butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts. Butts.
Posts: 1570
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:30 pm UTC
Location: Spaceship
Contact:

Re: 1984ia Day 1 Co-Mod: Entropy [Replacements needed]

Postby hendusoone » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:53 pm UTC

I've done some reviewing. My initial suspicions of MaJ were based on that very early FoS. He has since cleared his name significantly, so I'm going to stop pointing at him and just keep an eye on him (IGMEOY, MaJ).

Game_boy has generally appeared to me to be rushing things along. I'm not a fan. And considering how I already had him FoS'd, it's time for an upgrade.

Vote: Game_boy
Jack Saladin wrote:Humanities salvation relies on us sending the Earth into a giant black hole.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: 1984ia Day 1 Co-Mod: Entropy [Replacements needed]

Postby mpolo » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:45 pm UTC

I don't know, a vote (admittedly without a lot behind it, but it's day one) and then taking 2 1/2 days off from posting doesn't really strike me as rushing the game particularly; however, I didn't really look back further into comrade Hendu's suspicions.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
kellsbells
Queen of Cupcakes
Posts: 1166
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:26 pm UTC
Location: The Land Beyond Beyond (Seattle)
Contact:

Re: 1984ia Day 1 Co-Mod: Entropy [Replacements needed]

Postby kellsbells » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:52 am UTC

mieulium wrote:I can assure anyone that I am not in the Brotherhood, the cop can cop me on this statement.
I find this odd and somewhat suspect. Unless it's just a newbie mistake (no idea if you're actually a newbie or I just haven't played a round with you). But still. It's odd. Calling for the cop to investigate you with no reason is peculiar.
A good pun is its own reword.
L wrote:A day without kells is a day not worth living.

User avatar
VectorZero
Posts: 471
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:22 am UTC
Location: Kensington

Re: 1984ia Day 1 Co-Mod: Entropy [Replacements needed]

Postby VectorZero » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:18 am UTC

Bah. I've reread the thread, and nothing's really jumping out as especially suspicious. Game_boy's bothering me the most WRT disregarding flavour, but I'll let that one pass for the moment. MaJ certainly isn't pinging me at all at present.
Van wrote:Fireballs don't lie.


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests