[Large] Discmafia: Auditors win!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

superdemongob

Re: [Large] Discmafia Day 1 (Warning: May contain lynch mobs

Postby superdemongob » Mon May 24, 2010 4:50 pm UTC

and i forgot to add:

unvote
vote: zerker 2000
Click on whichever appeals to you more:
Image Image Image Image

Kolko

Postby Kolko » Mon May 24, 2010 5:05 pm UTC

Yeah, whatever. Unless we're going to lynch a lurker (which would be Cycoden I guess, unless he's modkilled/replaced) I'm going to

Vote: Zerker

if only to relieve my frustrations with his 'style' of playing. Ugh.
Environ 20% plus chouette.

Weeks
Hey Baby, wanna make a fortnight?

Postby Weeks » Mon May 24, 2010 6:39 pm UTC

If a good point is made that zerker is a jester, I could unvote him. After all, what's the difference between lynching him, vigkilling someone else, and vigkilling him, lynching someone else, besides him winning if he's jester with the former option? My vote looks like a bandwagon, but sadly I have not really found a good lynch candidate that isn't a lurker, and if we can agree to lynch one of them it's fine by me for now.

I still think more juice can be extracted from this day. 48 hours is a lot of time. We can still work on the lurker list if needed. I can propose an Andymeo lynch too, since he's posted no discernible content, but voting for yet another person seems futile.

Might I add that Dr Ug's unholy walls of text don't seem to have much of an effect and make reading things harder?
TaintedDeity wrote:Tainted Deity
suffer-cait wrote:One day I'm gun a go visit weeks and discover they're just a computer in a trashcan at an ice cream shop.
Dthen wrote:FUCK CHRISTMAS FUCK EVERYTHING FUCK YOU TOO FUCK OFF

Rakysh

Postby Rakysh » Mon May 24, 2010 6:45 pm UTC

Jesters tend to kill the last person who voted for them- the "hammer" if you will. A vig kill will ensure he isn't going to kill an unsuspecting townie power role.

I found Dr Ug's analyses useful personally; I wouldn't put him off them seeing as they are bloody useful in the later game. Iunno if there has been enough content posted yet to make them really worthwhile yet though- a lot of the conclusions tend to be "Meh, some rolespec, not enough to go on" (I certainly found this when I did my player by player analysis).

PhoenixEnigma

Postby PhoenixEnigma » Mon May 24, 2010 8:17 pm UTC

This will be short; posting on the road. I think we're better lynching a lurker than zerker. Neither is likely to provide much info in the end, but zerker is more likely to be a joker. Neither is a great option for a lynch really, but a lurker would be the lesser evil if it comes to that.
"Optimism, pessimism, fuck that; we're going to make it happen. As God is my bloody witness, I'm hell-bent on making it work." -Elon Musk
Shivahn wrote:I am a motherfucking sorceror.

Summit.42

Postby Summit.42 » Mon May 24, 2010 8:31 pm UTC

PhoenixEnigma wrote:This will be short; posting on the road. I think we're better lynching a lurker than zerker. Neither is likely to provide much info in the end, but zerker is more likely to be a joker. Neither is a great option for a lynch really, but a lurker would be the lesser evil if it comes to that.

I agree with this. Partly therefore, and partly because I just want day one to be over with

Vote: Cycoden

I am very aware that I'm not the right player to advocate a lurker lynch at this point, but still I'm fairly sure I have posted quite a bit more content than Cycoden. And I can be persuaded to change my vote if Cycoden shows up in reasonable time before the deadline, or a better target shows up. But at this point I can't really see a better option.

Enginerd27

Postby Enginerd27 » Mon May 24, 2010 9:25 pm UTC

Alright guys sorry for not posting in the last week I took a long awaited vacation for a week so I had limited computer access. I'll go through the stuff I've missed and decide who I am going to vote for.
ImageImageImage

Death

Postby Death » Mon May 24, 2010 10:51 pm UTC

36 HOURS LEFT APPROXIMATELY.

VOTALS:
ZERKER2000: 5 (ZERKER2000, CYNICAL IDEALIST, WEEKS, SUPERDEMONGOB, KOLKO)
MPOLO: 1 (BROOKLYNXMAN)
PHOENIXENIGMA: 2 (LATARO, DOTPRODUCT)
AZRAEL001: 1 (MISTER K)
DOTPRODUCT: 2 (DR UG, MIELIUM)
CYCODEN: 4 (VECTORZERO, RAKYSH, AZRAEL001, SUMMIT.42)

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Tue May 25, 2010 12:07 am UTC

I really don't like a classic "lynch-the-lurker" lynch (ie where lurker = inactive). VZ even stated the way these should be dealt with in the same post he voted for cycoden which is a bit strange. They should be dealt with by the mod(s).

We have only had a single post from cycoden, and that was 8 days ago. Can we get a prod or a replacement please?

We should not be lynching cycoden. Lynching an active lurker on the other hand is better (although still not great in a game this size as I've already stated - it is easy for the scum to direct this towards townies without providing us a lot of information as it is easy to defend, like a normal lynch-a-[inactive]lurker in a smaller game). Still, I feel like of those active lurkers dotproduct is the most suspicious, thus my vote remaining on him, but if the choice is between cycoden and another active lurker other than DP I will be switching.

As for those who think my text-walls aren't helpful - don't read them. I think there are enough people who find them useful (including myself) that I will continue doing them (but not today as I don't have enough time).
Where did my old signature go? :(

b.i.o
Green is the loneliest number

Postby b.i.o » Tue May 25, 2010 1:07 am UTC

Dr Ug wrote:As for those who think my text-walls aren't helpful - don't read them. I think there are enough people who find them useful (including myself) that I will continue doing them (but not today as I don't have enough time).

Could you put them behind spoilers? Right now they do make it rather difficult to skim through the thread.

Not A Raptor

Postby Not A Raptor » Tue May 25, 2010 2:18 am UTC

superdemongob wrote:
Not A Raptor wrote:Argh, I was doing my SDG analysis, switching from one tab to another, when I accidentally clicked the "X" on the post tab and deleted the whole damn thing! :( DAMNIT.

I'll summarize...

If you look on page 9, TMT's response to SDG is the most damning bit. SDG implies by saying that PE isn't the scummiest person around that there are scummier people around. TMT calls him out on it. Not accusing the scummiest people is an anti-town action. SDG does not reply to that part. Like I said, damning. There are other things to note, though. SDG is the most active person in the thread. Without him, things could fall apart (conceivably). He's a bit newbish at times. Sometimes it works in his favor. Sometimes it doesn't. This mitigates the effect of all tells. SDG had a lot of contentless posts near the beginning of the game, lasting until he came under suspicion along with PE. I find this odd, considering the volume of them. Many posts against SDG have had spurious reasoning, but they are getting better reasons as time goes on. He's been analyzed a few times, though limited in scope. I generally agree with the individual points made in response to individual posts, but they require background knowledge. For instance, did you know that C_I was answering SDG's early questions regularly, promptly, and helpfully? This may have influenced SDG's distancing himself from a fair analysis of PE, as evidenced in painting him as anti-town early on in the bandwagon. This also shows up when SDG guesses that C_I is a mason a few posts before C_I claims mason. However, contributing to outing a mason is a bad thing. SDG made pleas to move away from the Brook discussion, yet didn't offer alternatives or (better yet) be the alternative. That's very active-lurky. Finally, yes, SDG was a bit panicky in responding. However, he could've ignored it and people would continue talking about PE until the cows came home. He might even have escaped my own notice that way. This goes back to the newbishness, but he professed to lead a lynch on PE for the same reasons in a different game. This leads me to conclude that he has a coherent strategy for playing this game... not something every new player can say.

In the end, I'm getting a middling-scummy feeling out of SDG. I'm sorry I can't give you the post-by-post that you deserve to read. (and, yes, I recognize that this is also later than I promised. I'm sorry.)

i don't see what response i can give here to allay any of your suspicions.
my initial contentlessness was purely due to lack of flavour knowledge. for example, i active lurked for a whole three pages when the dried frog pills episode was going on because i was lost. hence the plea to move on because i wanted to actually be a part of the game. maybe this is newbish, maybe selfish, maybe both but i was getting really bored of the hugely long flavour analysis. the whole BXM discussion was pretty much flavour based. i tried to contribute i failed. so on.

i get the feeling you're trying to link CI and myself. this won't change your mind one bit i'm sure but the only connection we have is that we're both town.
i'm not even sure how i'm supposed to respond to this... um.. i promise we're not linked in any way apart from alignment?

to repeat a defense on the panicky argument for the third time, in Newbie Myth, my last game, there was a guy who got lynched within 2 hours. because the arguments put forth were strong enough. to avoid such a situation, i wanted to put that out there. i could try WIFOM (why draw attention if scum) but even i see thats silly.

I was not trying to link you, though it is possible to see how you could conclude that's what I was doing. I was more trying to provide a townie rationale for what you were doing to accompany the obvious scum rationale. Bias instead of deviousness. The rest of your points are plausible, though they, on their own, do not convince me to drop my suspicion of you at the moment.

Mister k is right about the possibility for the day one sinking in defense. It's happened to me. I see the possibility and that is another part of why I stayed my vote after the end of my analysis. Perhaps it is better to look at you tomorrow.

On other topics, you already know what I think of Zerker. Don't lynch the jester.

Also, lurker lynching best remedied with replacements. If no replacement is forthcoming, a lurker lynch is preferable to a jester lynch.
Van wrote:I like simple games.

Like Wizardry.

WARNING: Is acting like NaR.
Kellsbells: NAR is a sillypants
Not_A_Raptor: :p
Kellsbells: That is my expert assessment

zerker2000

Postby zerker2000 » Tue May 25, 2010 3:01 am UTC

Dr Ug wrote:As for those who think my text-walls aren't helpful - don't read them. I think there are enough people who find them useful (including myself) that I will continue doing them (but not today as I don't have enough time).
As I've said before, they're useful, just at a slower pace.

Seeing even that if all votes were to miraculously shift to me, I still wouldn't be quite lynched, I'll wait to claim until tomorrow(Real time).
GENERATION -705 - 991i: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum. Square it, and then add i to the generation.
ImageDragon Thingie! Image

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Tue May 25, 2010 3:07 am UTC

zerker2000 wrote:

Seeing even that if all votes were to miraculously shift to me, I still wouldn't be quite lynched, I'll wait to claim until tomorrow(Real time).
I'm sorry, but a claim at this point isn't going to help you. Some content, perhaps some sort of justification of your actions (I'm not sure how that's going to happen), perhaps, but at the moment I agree with the others who have said you should be vig killed.
Where did my old signature go? :(

mieulium

Postby mieulium » Tue May 25, 2010 3:12 am UTC

zerker2000 wrote:

Wait are you hinting to us that you can't be killed by lynches? What?
Hi. This is Martha. She likes dull objects. She likes you too! Oh wait... I guess you'd better get some brain training on then.

"OBJECTION!"

The Moo Prophet

Postby The Moo Prophet » Tue May 25, 2010 3:18 am UTC

I feel very bad for ignoring his game lately. Been trying to keep up over a busy week. Although I had voted for PE, I was eventually convinced to remove my vote. I don't remember what convinced me at the time, but looking back now, I just don't think PE did anything really scummy. Ack, I can't even think straight right now.

Anyway, long story short, DP is marked in my notes for review, and looking back there are a couple mild scum tells (implicit town claim), a bit of active lurking, and a bit of odd behavior during the CI controversy.

Mostly, I don't want to lynch zerker or Cycoden. I would rather Zerker be dispatched by some other method, and Cycoden be replaced if he can't be active.

Vote: DotProduct

I'll finally have some time to relax tomorrow afternoon and I'll take a good look back over the thread. There is just SOOO much to wade through, it's a little daunting. Never played a game with so many people.

Response to Ninja:
mieulium wrote:
zerker2000 wrote:

Wait are you hinting to us that you can't be killed by lynches? What?

I think he is saying that there aren't even 17 people with votes up. It is 17 to lynch today, right?

zerker2000

Postby zerker2000 » Tue May 25, 2010 3:21 am UTC

I'm 'hinting' that there are 15 people voting, and 17 are needed to lynch, therefore unless two new voters show up, I'm safe until 5/26.

@Ninja: Exactly. Make that 16, and '1 more'.
GENERATION -705 - 991i: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum. Square it, and then add i to the generation.

Rhyme

Postby Rhyme » Tue May 25, 2010 3:38 am UTC

I found the analysis worth reading (or at least scanning the tl;dr when rushed) and it's something to look at later, if nothing else. The way things are going so far, it seems that our options to lynch are:
PE, for pressuring CI after claiming and seeming slightly scummy when defending themself. Seems to have less suspicion on them now as other targets are searched for.
SDG, for slightly suspicious behavior regarding the PE lynch, some over-defending. Attacks on him seem to have lost momentum, and I'm putting most of my scumdar's pinging down to the lack of capital letters in his posts, something which causes me irrational suspicion.
Zerker, for general unhelpfulness and most of their posts being water-muddying. Self-vote seems slightly jester-like and vig kill has been suggested.
DP, for active lurking and apparently suspicious activities.
Cycoden, for lack of posts- We should really be getting a mod-prod, mod-kill, or replacement, if at all possible, it seems.
Az, for lack of content until needing to defend himself, though only one vote on him at present.
Mpolo for... Gah, can't find the post with the reason for voting him anywhere. Was this from Brook's needs-dried-frog-pills phase or some time after?

I guess I support the vigkilling of Zerker, due to possible anti-town and semi-certain loss of water-muddying, and it seems best to let the mod decide what to do about cycoden before we decide to lynch. As for the actual lynch, I am still rather uncertain, leaning towards SDG or DP if anyone. I hate day one, and I hate imminent finals.

superdemongob

Postby superdemongob » Tue May 25, 2010 3:54 am UTC

@ RHYME: THAT BETTER??? LALALALALALALALA.

@ everyone else:
Newbie Question:
is it really better to lynch a non-contributing lurker over a jester who is actively muddying waters and making life hard for anyone to analyse?
if so why?
Image Image Image Image

zerker2000

Postby zerker2000 » Tue May 25, 2010 4:17 am UTC

It's better to lynch lurkers than jesters because they don't tend to blow up in your face. BTW,
If this game has a role with a win condition of being lynched, that lynch producing a side effect of killing the last voter, will said voter still die if said jester was lynched due to deadline attainment?

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Tue May 25, 2010 4:30 am UTC

Dr Ug wrote:VZ even stated the way these should be dealt with in the same post he voted for cycoden which is a bit strange.
Perhaps I was unclear. I would prefer the mod dealt with lurkers, but approaching a deadline I would rather lynch cycoden than see PE, SDG or dp lynched, as I believe them to be town.
Van wrote:Fireballs don't lie.

dedalus

Postby dedalus » Tue May 25, 2010 4:55 am UTC

I will prod cycoden, and I *may* decide to extend the deadline 24 hours to deal with this - will sort this out in 5-6 hours when I get home. As we are currently out of replacements I'm a bit stuck for a definite solution, but suffice to say it's currently early enough in the game that I'd prefer to replace rather then modkilling.
doogly wrote:Oh yea, obviously they wouldn't know Griffiths from Sakurai if I were throwing them at them.

Not A Raptor

Postby Not A Raptor » Tue May 25, 2010 5:31 am UTC

I here pronounce that I am going on my senior trip... effective Tuesday (today) in the afternoon and lasting until Saturday. This will not interfere with the workings of the game. I intend to be back for day two. As to the day one lynch, I decide to abstain from voting, there being no good choices at the time, especially as Cycoden is being replaced by... somebody.
Van wrote:I like simple games.

Like Wizardry.

WARNING: Is acting like NaR.
Kellsbells: NAR is a sillypants
Not_A_Raptor: :p
Kellsbells: That is my expert assessment

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue May 25, 2010 8:44 am UTC

I'm back from my weekend, and see that we have a pretty limited field of lynch candidates, none of them with real evidence -- mostly just "feelings".

I think that no-lynch almost always benefits Mafia more than town, especially this early, so would prefer to avoid that.

I agree that zerker should either provide us with a reason why not, or be dispatched through vigilante-esque means, if such exist in the game (I presume they do).

I will look back today and see if dotproduct gives me any pings, as he seems the most likely lynch target at the moment.
Image <-- Evil experiment

mister k

Postby mister k » Tue May 25, 2010 8:57 am UTC

superdemongob wrote:@ RHYME: THAT BETTER??? LALALALALALALALA.

@ everyone else:
Newbie Question:
is it really better to lynch a non-contributing lurker over a jester who is actively muddying waters and making life hard for anyone to analyse?
if so why?

Because if we are lynching someone for being a jester then we are wasting our time. We know a jester won't count against us necessarily, and also voting for him is easy- voting record is useful to assess come day 2, and if we lynch a lurker, theres a chance they're scum. If they're not scum, then the only people voting for that lurker who knew would be scum.. So info. If a jester turns out to be a jester and we all thought he was a jester we can say very little.

I'm gonna vote for DP at this point, as my suspicions on Az aren't apparently shared, and our voting record is currently abysmal as we get closer to the deadline.

unvote
vote:DP
Elvish Pillager wrote:you're basically a daytime-miller: you always come up as guilty to scumdar.

cycoden

Postby cycoden » Tue May 25, 2010 12:02 pm UTC

Oh. The soul crushing shame.

Sorry everyone.

I had an unexpected week of 12 hour work days, and I was interstate for the weekend.

I should be able to participate normally from here, but if the mods know of a spectator who has been actively following the thread, I have no problems with being replaced either.

On the other hand, I am now familiar with Hogfather!
VectorZero wrote:SEXUAL INTERCOURSE DISGUSTS ME!
Spoiler:
Bulvox wrote:This is probably one of the few times that I'll agree with Cycoden on anything. I just wish that my brain worked like that.

Rakysh

Postby Rakysh » Tue May 25, 2010 12:31 pm UTC

Unvote

Vote: Dotproduct.

For active lurking and vaguely suspicious stuffs.

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Tue May 25, 2010 12:39 pm UTC

cycoden wrote:I had an unexpected week of 12 hour work days, and I was interstate for the weekend. I should be able to participate normally from here
I can sympathise with that.
Unvote
I still oppose a dotproduct lynch. I refuse to vote for the jester, which places me in an awkward position, since I cannot envisage a lynch of any other than dp, zerker or pe at this point in time. I shall consider this.
Van wrote:Fireballs don't lie.

cycoden

Postby cycoden » Tue May 25, 2010 12:55 pm UTC

OK, I'm up to page 8. Here is a list of things I find interesting. However, before I review the posts, here is my speculation based on having watched The Colour of Magic and Hogfather:
- This game does seem to heavily draw from hogfather, but I have very limited knowledge on similarities between books I haven't read.
- It would seem more useful from a game perspective to have Mr Tee-ah Tah-meh's gang as the mafia, rather than the Auditors, since this gives more scope to create roles. I guess the Auditors may be more interesting in the books than the TV movie though.
- A question: are wizards always as homicidal as they are in The Colour of Magic? In which case I would probably have all wizards as lyncher/lynchees if I were the mod...

Anyway:
PhoenixEnigma wrote:
Cynical Idealist wrote:Well, I won't try to judge the factions (today's my last day of finals, so my brain's a bit fried), but I can say that it isn't the character list for the game. I know the names of three characters in this game for certain (on account of my role PM, see?), and I think we've identified two more (Detritus and the Bursar), and of those five characters, only one is listed in that category.

I think this tells us something about you, as well. Maybe mafia, maybe cult, maybe masons? 3 sounds a little small for scum in a 33 player game though. Cult might have 3, I guess, in a larger game. I'm not sure about masons one way or the other, but that could fit as well. I guess there could be other options as well, but those would be obvious reasons for you to know other players names.
He does cover himself with the last sentence, but PE seems quick to jump to conclusions here.

mister k wrote:Fer the love of! Slight scum tell claiming mason- its a pretty nutty things to do, as masons are intrinsically fairly powerful- check out hp for evidence of that.
b.i.o wrote:Yes. What are you doing claiming town power on D1?
b.i.o jumping in immediately after Mr K pings me slightly.

Dr Ug wrote:Interesting. So we have a dead Hogfather. I wonder if this is giving us the book that we're playing in? One notable absence in this book is Detritus the Troll. So, MoA, are you Detritus?

If we are playing in this book, I would guess that the Auditors are one group of scum, with Teatime et al being another (or perhaps a SK) (in the book teatime associates with a group of criminals, lead by Medium Dave). I also like the possible interpretation that the colours being referred to by BXM are to do with the auditors.

I would think a mason group would be Susan, death of rats, quoth, binky and perhaps bilious (the "Oh god of hangovers"). Other potential groups would be Wizards, Small gods, the Canting Crew, the Boars of the Hogfather, and the Gaiter family

I haven't actually read this book, so I think I will be making a trip to the bookstore tomorrow (all of the above speculation is based on the wiki linked to above).

Ninja'd.
So what Dr Ug says concurs with my thoughts; although we could both be wrong

superdemongob wrote:question. is it possible that we're focusing a bit too much on the flavour and not enough on who seems scummy?
i understand the need to figure out BXM but the mafia are getting a free run here.
This post seems slightly odd to me... I don't think the mafia get a free run out of BXM - I understand the point you are trying to make, but if you think this is the case, maybe its worth seeing if anyone's only contentful posts were about BXM or other tangental matters?

Not A Raptor wrote:I must say, the sudden roleblocking of Cynical Idealist is quite a shock! If he is, as he said, a mason, then things are slightly more difficult for us than they should be.
Perhaps I am splitting hairs, but "slightly more difficult for us"? It's just as difficult for non-mason town players as it was before. And the roleblocking of a mason is not the most serious impediment for us (at least this means a more powerful power role won't suffer this block tonight) So assuming you haven't foolishly let slip that you are a mason (unlikely), you are perhaps trying too hard to talk as if you are town.

NaR wrote:I've seen suggestions of (in addition to the 'mafia') a cult and some SKs. In a game this large, I think that it is a near certainty that one or the other is present. There could be both.
This is a fair, if perhaps obvious, point.

superdemongob wrote:in a game as huge as this, i'm always late weighing in on stuff but on CI's roleblock.
he was talking about how spreading information about the roleblock would hurt town and help scum and i think we should leave it at that.
a few of us have a good idea whats going on, i was able to work i out fairly easily and i concur, so lets just let that be for now if you're all ok with that.
Bear in mind that it only needs one member of the mafia to work out whats going on for all mafia members to know (assuming he shares this information with his colleages) whereas most of the town can only work it out for themselves. Still, if you think it is wise not to share, I guess I'll have to defer to your judgement (needless to say, I don't know what you're talking about).

Ninja'd: It sounds like most of the serious business occurs subsequent to page 8, so at this stage my pings mean rather little. I'll try and get through the rest of it tomorrow night.
VectorZero wrote:SEXUAL INTERCOURSE DISGUSTS ME!
Spoiler:
Bulvox wrote:This is probably one of the few times that I'll agree with Cycoden on anything. I just wish that my brain worked like that.

superdemongob

Postby superdemongob » Tue May 25, 2010 3:20 pm UTC

Dear All,
due to unforseen adverse circumstances, i am going to be out of town without internet access until friday night (UTC +8, its now tuesday night).
I'd like to stay in the game if possible but i'm prewarning you that i won't be posting anything after this until then.
If thats a big problem and mod would rather replace me, i'd totally understand. A declared lurker is a lurker all the same.

so, for my last bit of content/game affecting posting.
my vote on zerker is pretty useless as stated by many people about my lurker lynch is better than jester lynch so i'm gonna retract and Vote: DP because between him and Cycoden, i'd rather vote for someone that actually has some posts with minor scum tells to analyse rather than a total unknown that might get replaced in the near future.

Thanks for being understanding.
Image Image Image Image

Azrael001

Postby Azrael001 » Tue May 25, 2010 3:39 pm UTC

Unvote

I'm now left completely unsure as to what to do. I'd vote, but I disagree with all of the current bandwagons. I guess I'll indicate my dislike of the current options the way most disaffected votes do by voiding my ballot

Vote: Great A'Tuin

superdemongob

Postby superdemongob » Tue May 25, 2010 3:41 pm UTC

superdemongob wrote:Dear All,
due to unforseen adverse circumstances, i am going to be out of town without internet access until friday night (UTC +8, its now tuesday night).
I'd like to stay in the game if possible but i'm prewarning you that i won't be posting anything after this until then.
If thats a big problem and mod would rather replace me, i'd totally understand. A declared lurker is a lurker all the same.

so, for my last bit of content/game affecting posting.
my vote on zerker is pretty useless as stated by many people about my lurker lynch is better than jester lynch so i'm gonna retract and Vote: DP because between him and Cycoden, i'd rather vote for someone that actually has some posts with minor scum tells to analyse rather than a total unknown that might get replaced in the near future.

Thanks for being understanding.

i forgot to unvote my initial vote so:

Unvote
Unvote

Vote: DP
Image Image Image Image

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue May 25, 2010 4:30 pm UTC

So, dotproduct is a little "pingy" -- he's got a rather defensive post before he was even voted, then he has some strange speculations about what scum would do. This is all in connection with the famous PhoenixEnigma bandwagon, though, which was in general very speculative.

I'm really lacking a better candidate, though:
PhoenixEnigma seems to be more or less cleared for now
superdemongob is occasionally obnoxious, but doesn't ping me particularly
zerker2000 is fishing for votes far too much
Azrael001 doesn't give me a lot to work with
Obviously, I'm not voting myself for making a dried frog pill joke

With the approaching deadline, I'm going to follow the group and

Vote: dotproduct
Image <-- Evil experiment

dotproduct

Postby dotproduct » Tue May 25, 2010 5:42 pm UTC

The Moo Prophet: "(implicit town claim)"

I see Vieto's post immediately after Lataro's, were there any other posts saying that Lataro's has having mostly/all town roles?
Vieto wasn't quite sure there were no antagonists, and he didn't say there weren't any independents.

mpolo:

My defensive post was because, unlike a majority of the recent votes on me, Dr Ug's post had points I could answer (eg. saying I hadn't answered a question, when he didn't say what the question was).

So, saying scum would try to not get lynched is strange speculation?

Unofficial Votals:
zerker2000: 4 (zerker2000, cynical idealist, weeks, kolko)
mpolo: 1 (brooklynxman)
pheonixenigma: 2 (lataro, dotproduct)
dotproduct: 7 (dr ug, mieulium, the moo prophet, mister k, rakysh, superdemongob, mpolo)
cycoden: 1 (summit.42)
great a'tuin: 1 (azrael001)

I put those together so I could see how much trouble I'm in, and I'm willing to wait until we find out if the deadline is being extended to see if I still have the most votes on me before I claim.

ThinkSweet

Postby ThinkSweet » Tue May 25, 2010 6:59 pm UTC

Eep, sorry for the big gap in posting!

This is by far the largest game I've played in, & it's quite different - I mean I've never seen so much post by post analysis on the first day! It makes for a lot to think about! I'm not sure how much you can read into on day 1 though (even very long ones), as the most information you get is from revealed facts about dead people & looking at their interactions while they were alive in the newly revealed context.

But for what I can get - I'm in no way convinced PE is suspicious. Neither am I particularly suspicious of those who bandwagon voted. Since it takes 17 votes for a lynch, a bandwagon might be the only way to get a lynch on day 1. Which is probably why there's a deadline - 17 people is a lot to have to agree :P

I think I'd like to see SDG & zerker's reactions to day 2 when there's more to go on before I decide if they're suspicious or not. I'm not voting for lurkers this early in this massive game - it's easy to get behind when there are so many pages per day.

So that just leaves DP, who at the moment is going to be deadline lynched. I do find some of the things he's said a little 'off', but I think that might have just been misunderstanding exactly what Dr Ug meant.

& 5 more posts while I was writing this :P I really don't see DP's posts as scummy though, just a bit vague sometimes. So I'm still not seeing anyone I'd vote for.
</rant>

Cynical Idealist

Postby Cynical Idealist » Tue May 25, 2010 8:28 pm UTC

cycoden wrote: - A question: are wizards always as homicidal as they are in The Colour of Magic? In which case I would probably have all wizards as lyncher/lynchees if I were the mod...

No. The first few books are probably not the best place to look for flavor, since the tone of the series (and a lot of details about things, such as the behavior of the wizards) changes significantly starting around Reaper Man.
The internet removes the two biggest aids in detecting sarcasm:
1)The tone of voice
2)the assumption that the other person is sane
Elvish Pillager wrote:See? All the problems in our society are caused by violent video games, like FarmVille.

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Tue May 25, 2010 8:56 pm UTC

As there is plenty of analysis going on, I will refrain for now.
In the mean time, I post a list of who voted/unvoted, for whom and when.
Spoiler:
zerker2000 » Wed May 12, 2010 12:32 pm UTC
Vote: zerker2000

Brooklynxman » Thu May 13, 2010 2:05 am UTC
Vote: mpolo

Kolko » Thu May 13, 2010 10:56 pm UTC
Vote: The Mighty Thesaurus

Lataro » Fri May 14, 2010 11:23 pm UTC
Vote: PE

dotproduct » Fri May 14, 2010 11:51 pm UTC
vote: PheonixEnigma

Azrael001 » Sun May 16, 2010 3:00 am UTC
Vote: Phoenix Enigma.

superdemongob » Sun May 16, 2010 11:00 am UTC

Kolko » Sun May 16, 2010 11:10 am UTC
Unvote: TMT
Vote: PhoenixEnigma

PhoenixEnigma » Sun May 16, 2010 10:17 pm UTC
Vote: Superdemongob

Rakysh » Mon May 17, 2010 5:48 pm UTC
Vote: PE.

Cynical Idealist » Mon May 17, 2010 6:10 pm UTC

The Moo Prophet » Tue May 18, 2010 1:07 am UTC
Vote: PhoenixEnigma

mpolo » Tue May 18, 2010 7:03 am UTC
Vote: Phoenix Enigma

Pez Dispens3r » Tue May 18, 2010 4:46 pm UTC
vote Pheonix Engima

Not A Raptor » Wed May 19, 2010 4:37 am UTC
Vote: superdemongob

mpolo » Wed May 19, 2010 1:36 pm UTC
Unvote: Phoenix_Enigma

Not A Raptor » Wed May 19, 2010 7:42 pm UTC
unvote: SDG

The Moo Prophet » Thu May 20, 2010 6:35 am UTC
Unvote: PhoenixEnigma

PhoenixEnigma » Thu May 20, 2010 10:37 pm UTC
UNVOTE

mister k » Fri May 21, 2010 6:57 pm UTC
vote:Az

MasterOfAll » Sat May 22, 2010 3:39 am UTC (Weeks)
Vote: The Mighty Thesaurus

Dr Ug » Sat May 22, 2010 1:27 pm UTC
Vote: Dotproduct

Azrael001 » Sat May 22, 2010 8:26 pm UTC
Unvote

mieulium » Sun May 23, 2010 2:18 am UTC
Vote: Dotproduct

Cynical Idealist » Mon May 24, 2010 2:54 am UTC
Unvote

Weeks » Mon May 24, 2010 3:07 am UTC

Kolko » Mon May 24, 2010 10:13 am UTC
UNVOTE: PE

Rakysh » Mon May 24, 2010 2:37 pm UTC
Vote: Cycoden.

Pez Dispens3r » Mon May 24, 2010 2:48 pm UTC
Unvote Pheonix Enigma

Azrael001 » Mon May 24, 2010 3:21 pm UTC
Vote Cycoden

superdemongob » Mon May 24, 2010 5:50 pm UTC
unvote
vote: zerker 2000

Kolko » Mon May 24, 2010 6:05 pm UTC
Vote: Zerker

Summit.42 » Mon May 24, 2010 9:31 pm UTC
Vote: Cycoden

The Moo Prophet » Tue May 25, 2010 4:18 am UTC
Vote: DotProduct

mister k » Tue May 25, 2010 9:57 am UTC
unvote
vote:DP

Rakysh » Tue May 25, 2010 1:31 pm UTC
Unvote
Vote: Dotproduct.

VectorZero » Tue May 25, 2010 1:39 pm UTC
Unvote

Azrael001 » Tue May 25, 2010 4:39 pm UTC
Unvote
Vote: Great A'Tuin

superdemongob » Tue May 25, 2010 4:41 pm UTC
Unvote
Vote: DP

Personally I have a choice of Zerker (who still has a vote on himself) or McCaber (for just not being here).
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

Summit.42

Postby Summit.42 » Tue May 25, 2010 9:05 pm UTC

First of all

Unvote

as Cycoden showed up, and provided an explaination as well as content

I also find this:

cycoden wrote:
Not A Raptor wrote:I must say, the sudden roleblocking of Cynical Idealist is quite a shock! If he is, as he said, a mason, then things are slightly more difficult for us than they should be.
Perhaps I am splitting hairs, but "slightly more difficult for us"? It's just as difficult for non-mason town players as it was before. And the roleblocking of a mason is not the most serious impediment for us (at least this means a more powerful power role won't suffer this block tonight) So assuming you haven't foolishly let slip that you are a mason (unlikely), you are perhaps trying too hard to talk as if you are town.

To be quite a good catch. It might mean nothing, and it's too little to vote on, but I think it's not too unlikely that it could be a slip. And I honestly doubt NAR would make such a slip if he was a mason...
I'll try to reread a bit on NAR and DP tomorrow. I need to get to bed now. But all in all, if I end up thinking neither is a good target I might do the same as Az. I honestly don't know who to vote for at this point, so as long as we avoid a no-lynch I'm fine with most of the seemingly possible options.

zerker2000

Postby zerker2000 » Tue May 25, 2010 11:53 pm UTC

ThinkSweet wrote:I think I'd like to see SDG & zerker's reactions to day 2 when there's more to go on before I decide if they're suspicious or not. I'm not voting for lurkers this early in this massive game - it's easy to get behind when there are so many pages per day.
This is under the optimistic assumption that I'll survive N1; thank you for the kind(in comparison) words though.

dotproduct

Postby dotproduct » Wed May 26, 2010 12:23 am UTC

Okay, time for a partial claim.

I am a member of the witches mason group, with 3 other people. (CI's not one of them.)
We thought the game was large enough for more than one mason group, which is why none of us claimed when CI did.
I'm guessing that since this is coming so close to the deadline, most of you will want me to reveal at least one of them; if so, I will do that.

Since having my vote on PE clearly won't help at this point,

Unvote

Unofficial Votals:
zerker2000: 5 (zerker2000, cynical idealist, weeks, kolko, dotproduct)
mpolo: 1 (brooklynxman)
pheonixenigma: 1 (lataro)
dotproduct: 7 (dr ug, mieulium, the moo prophet, mister k, rakysh, superdemongob, mpolo)
great a'tuin: 1 (azrael001)

The Moo Prophet

Postby The Moo Prophet » Wed May 26, 2010 12:58 am UTC

Ok, this is entirely too much for me with as little as I have been paying attention to this game.

Unvote

I have a wide open evening tonight and will do some serious thinking about what has been said day one, but wanted to take my vote off dp in the meantime.

Return to “Mafia”