Whackabanana: The Mod is Dead. Long live Militant Atheists

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

felltir
has a sniper scope and a trigger finger.

Re: Whackabanana: Day 2 - Bulletproof Ninjas

Postby felltir » Mon May 31, 2010 8:57 am UTC

Well, then it's good for town that one is dead, even if they were a cop of some kind...
Spoiler:
RoadieRich wrote:He's a super flexible furry martial artist from London. She is a Rabbit breeding mad scientist from Michigan. They fight crime!
The Great Hippo wrote:I THINK THE SOLAR SYSTEM MIGHT BE AN ATOM OF OXYGEN.

Blog

he/him/his

Mr Pete

Postby Mr Pete » Mon May 31, 2010 12:55 pm UTC

The Moo Prophet wrote:Megatriorchis
This one I still can't shake. Mega's odd comments about the cult, and Bxm's statement that he would vote for her if it looked like she was going to be lynched stand out. Bxm assuring us that she would be cult if she turned out scum, also. Add to that her lack of defense for herself, and her 'yay' post about the cult leader dying and it starts to add up. Mega was one of the many people to Wagon on RR with no justification other than that there isn't anyone better, and we have to lynch someone.

At one point, Overbored rationalized Mega's views on the mafia being more dangerous than the cult by suggesting scenarios where this may be the case. With the cult being restricted somehow, it is possible that they are less powerful than the mafia. It made me wonder if Mega or Overbored or both have some kind of inside knowledge about the cult or are trying to allay our suspicions of them. This is very unlikely, but worth mentioning, I think.

The cult leader wouldn't breadcrumb to his own cultists.
Mega seems to have pinged people because of the whole cult before mafia thing. Its a valid statement, just said at an unnecessary time (then again on day 1 everyone is trying to find something to talk about). Guess I'm just not seeing it.

JoJ and Az are the one's who I remember standing out to me, but as they are not here I guess a re-read is in order.

Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread

Postby Sungura » Mon May 31, 2010 1:07 pm UTC

Felltir force feeds banana to ameretriffle. She dies from iocane poisoning.

She was the Ghostbuster, town.

Lazy mod is lazy* today and day will end tonight instead. But no later.

Votals I have:
1 - JoJ (Vieto)
1 - Mega (tmp)

If I missed you, revote please.

*more like I still have a migraine from breathing in paint fumes yesterday...according to my mum I was skipping around the room giggling and laughing and then fell over and couldn't get up and my brother had to drag me out of the room to get some fresh air. I don't remember any of this. Guys, never get oil based paint. It messes with your brain.
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

The Moo Prophet

Postby The Moo Prophet » Mon May 31, 2010 1:30 pm UTC

Ok...so...good job Felltir for not realizing that we are all Mafia Players but not all mafia members. On an other note

Unvote: Megatriorchis

Because JoJ is apparently a valid vote now.

Vote: Jar'O'Jam

willwithskills

Postby willwithskills » Mon May 31, 2010 1:31 pm UTC

My, things sure have happened. This whole banana thing has gotten quite out of hand. Felltir, did you know that iocane was poisonous? Its from the Princess Bride, if you haven't seen it then you wouldn't know. If you did, you should've known it would be a pretty bad idea to feed it to someone. I mean, clearly these types of actions will have grave repercussions in this game with this mod.

Quick speculation: a guild just seems like a synonym for masons, which are often at least slightly town aligned. In this case, I wouldn't be surprised if the time travelers were independent or slightly town. Another possibility is that different time travelers have different alignments, but are still in the same guild. I have no idea what a deathly cop is but it doesn't SOUND very townie. Once again, I'm unsure. Finally, AMT's role is pretty obvious. Either lynch or NK the ghost/s in the game, not necessarily a townie.

Also, I lynched RoadieRich because I thought it was pretty obvious at the time. He was clearly the most suspicious during a fairly slow day, so I didn't think it was entirely necessary to provide much explanation for my vote.

As for my current vote, I'm heavily leaning towards Felltir. Either he hasn't seen the Princess Bride (shame on you!) or he knew he would kill AMT and did it on purpose, hoping that we would think that that would just be too ballsy for scum to pull off. Of course, this is slightly winey, but it's the best I got right now.
So it goes.

Dromtry wrote:
willwithskills wrote: I colored sufficiently large purpose on my tail end.

You have a large red hiney?

The Moo Prophet

Postby The Moo Prophet » Mon May 31, 2010 1:53 pm UTC

I don't think he knew it would kill AMT, he said "Random mafia player"

willwithskills

Postby willwithskills » Mon May 31, 2010 2:06 pm UTC

Oh, true. I guess I read-through to quickly, things got muddled in my head. That makes most of my post more or less obsolete, so just disregard that, I guess. We still have to be really careful with these random banana actions, lest we have another unexpected fatality.
So it goes.

Dromtry wrote:
willwithskills wrote: I colored sufficiently large purpose on my tail end.

You have a large red hiney?

b.i.o
Green is the loneliest number

Postby b.i.o » Mon May 31, 2010 2:07 pm UTC

Well, if we can vote JoJ...

vote: Azrael001

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Mon May 31, 2010 2:07 pm UTC

well, that makes it either scummy, or independent. He could have used it on someone who appeared scummy, such as JoJ, and save the town a vote, but instead killed a random role. Thank goodness it wasn't a power role.

I think I'll do an analysis on him when I get back home; until then, I'm leaving my vote where it is, but IGMEOY, Mr Holmes Felltir

On a separate note, I have seen princess bride, and I knew that Iocane was poisionous (compliments of Mr. Holmes), but I didn't bother memorizing the fact that Iocane was the particular poision used.

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Mon May 31, 2010 2:12 pm UTC

sorry, modfail, can't vote joj. Damn my head is so screwed up. If anyone else wants to help me keep track of votals that'd be great.

Votals I have:
1 - Mega (tmp)
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq

Mr Pete

Postby Mr Pete » Mon May 31, 2010 2:13 pm UTC

I wasn't suspiscious of Felltir, until just now, poor show sir.

Some people are being very quiet, and I dislike this (how very very hypocritical of me... curse you NMR).

Vieto: an explaination of the boomerang banana of blood loss returning to where you stood if you please?

felltir

Postby felltir » Mon May 31, 2010 2:14 pm UTC

I would like to say that I hoped that my poisoned banana would kill an actual scum and not a random person, so I apologise for that. I didn't really think that through. >.<
Spoiler:
RoadieRich wrote:He's a super flexible furry martial artist from London. She is a Rabbit breeding mad scientist from Michigan. They fight crime!

Blog

he/him/his

felltir

Postby felltir » Mon May 31, 2010 2:15 pm UTC

EBWOP:

Let's see if I can fix things, somehow.
Spoiler:

Blog

he/him/his

felltir

Postby felltir » Mon May 31, 2010 2:17 pm UTC

Another EBWOP:

I'll keep votals, rabbitgirl.

Votals:
1 - Mega (tmp)
Spoiler:

Blog

he/him/his

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Mon May 31, 2010 2:20 pm UTC

All of a sudden everyone feels tingly...it's an odd sensation...sort of floating too. They realize then they end up back in the past! Ameretriffle and Dr Ug are back! How did this happen? They great Ameretriffle and Dr Ug with hugs and ask what happened?!? Oh well, at least they are alive yet again. A voice is heard, maybe it will explain!

"You are now all experiencing an alternate reality," boomed the voice over the city. "What has happened has now not happened. The past was changed, the future as you remember it will never now be. When history is changed, so is the future that came from it. Welcome to your new universe."

You are now all in an alternate reality. Nothing that happened after my post of Dr Ug's death happened. Ignore it all. Pick up from this post at the bottom of page 10.
Silknor wrote:Why do I have the feeling that Felltir's banana is only poisoned because he didn't trust the mod enough to eat it without questioning?

There are no votals they have all been reset. I'll expand the day if needed past tonight if requested but not longer than Wed night.

Mr Pete

Postby Mr Pete » Mon May 31, 2010 2:23 pm UTC

well, now I'm thoroughly confused.
If my count is right we haven't heard from Bulvox or cycoden today.

Sungura

Re: Whackabanana: Day 2.2 - Alternate Reality

Postby Sungura » Mon May 31, 2010 2:26 pm UTC

I'll modprod.
I remember seeing cycoden post that he needs replacements for all games but didn't list WaBaM so I didn't think of it.

Mr Pete

Postby Mr Pete » Mon May 31, 2010 2:29 pm UTC

Thanks amy.

(a rewind? please just tell me you haven't started channelling babam :P)

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Mon May 31, 2010 2:32 pm UTC

A banana flies into Silknor's mouth, he eats it, noming happily. Soon he starts laughing, then [i]keels[/] peels over, dead. Shocked, the people just stare as a poof of magic dust explodes out of his body. Everyone who witnessed this swears this ghostly being was happy! He drifted off in the wind.
Silknor is dead...sorta. Game continues.

@ mr pete there will be no ALICE incidents here

felltir

Postby felltir » Mon May 31, 2010 2:35 pm UTC

So, uh. Now we have a ghost to bust I guess?

Way too much just happened.
Spoiler:

Blog

he/him/his

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Mon May 31, 2010 2:39 pm UTC

Mr Pete wrote:Vieto: an explaination of the boomerang banana of blood loss returning to where you stood if you please?

despite you never asking this, I will answer.

I'm willing to bet flavourtext, considering I never had any bananas before the Gros Michel. No, I was not responsible for the bananarang

b.i.o
Green is the loneliest number

Postby b.i.o » Mon May 31, 2010 3:25 pm UTC

Sungura wrote:You are now all in an alternate reality. Nothing that happened after my post of Dr Ug's death happened. Ignore it all. Pick up from this post at the bottom of page 10.
Silknor wrote:Why do I have the feeling that Felltir's banana is only poisoned because he didn't trust the mod enough to eat it without questioning?

This is rather ambiguous. Dr Ug's death-post happened after that post of Silky's. Is Dr Ug still, or no?

If not...well, it seems pretty likely that one of Dr Ug's guild-members is the one that triggered this. The question I have now, is: why now? Why not earlier in the day?

Three possibilities I can come up with:
1. Can't use time-traveling abilities 'till later in the day. Fits with time-traveling happening on D1, too.
2. The guild is town, and figured it was worth using to save two people, but not one.
3. The guild is not town, and wants us to think it is as per number 2.

If Dr Ug is still dead...well then I have no idea why this power got used, since it seems pretty time-traveler-ish to me.

Bulvox

Postby Bulvox » Mon May 31, 2010 4:28 pm UTC

Sorry about not posting sooner, but my nerves have been killing me this last week with anxiety. Really, the only person that I'm suspicious of is Mr. Pete for the late miller claim. He's experienced enough to know to either claim day 1 or not claim until he's under suspicion.

Vote: Mr. Pete
See Ya Space Cowboy...

Cynical Idealist

Postby Cynical Idealist » Mon May 31, 2010 7:25 pm UTC

Felltir wrote:So, uh. Now we have a ghost to bust I guess?

Not all ghosts necessarily need to be busted. There's probably some pro-town ghosts.

The question is, is there a scum ghost buster?
The internet removes the two biggest aids in detecting sarcasm:
1)The tone of voice
2)the assumption that the other person is sane
Elvish Pillager wrote:See? All the problems in our society are caused by violent video games, like FarmVille.

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Mon May 31, 2010 9:40 pm UTC

Dr Ug is alive. As is Ameretrifle.

Mr Pete

Postby Mr Pete » Mon May 31, 2010 9:55 pm UTC

Bulvox wrote:Sorry about not posting sooner, but my nerves have been killing me this last week with anxiety. Really, the only person that I'm suspicious of is Mr. Pete for the late miller claim. He's experienced enough to know to either claim day 1 or not claim until he's under suspicion.

I have explained why I didn't claim on D1, and to my mind claiming after being investigated is too weak a position and would inevitably lead to my lynching (bad as I am a town).

Seeing as things have been reset: Could we have an extension amy?

Bulvox

Postby Bulvox » Mon May 31, 2010 10:27 pm UTC

Mr Pete wrote:
Bulvox wrote:Sorry about not posting sooner, but my nerves have been killing me this last week with anxiety. Really, the only person that I'm suspicious of is Mr. Pete for the late miller claim. He's experienced enough to know to either claim day 1 or not claim until he's under suspicion.

I have explained why I didn't claim on D1, and to my mind claiming after being investigated is too weak a position and would inevitably lead to my lynching (bad as I am a town).

Seeing as things have been reset: Could we have an extension amy?
Yeah, well, you still look pretty scummy to me.
See Ya Space Cowboy...

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Mon May 31, 2010 10:28 pm UTC

Votals
1 - Mr Pete (Bulvox aka lickalicous strawberry)

I'll give you another 24 hours. But posting from everyone had better increase!

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Mon May 31, 2010 10:39 pm UTC

Woah.

So I'm alive again, and people know my role. I guess you want some explanations?

The Time Travellers guild is a mason group, and wins with town. I will not be revealing any of my mason-buddies at present.

My deathly cop role should actually be called "dethy" cop. I get three investigations then have to guess my sanity. I investigated myself yesterday and found I was town, I then guessed sane and found that I was not sane. I am therefore either random or paranoid (and yes random is a possibility for my alignment), and thus not a threat to scum (unfortunately - although it means I'm happy to claim this role), and no use to town (at least as a cop). My annoyance about Mr Pete not claiming yesterday is that I could have investigated him as a pseudo-known result, but with just a little more utility than investigating myself.

As for what happened to bring me back, I actually don't have any idea. Thankful though :D

And as for who to vote for now... I don't really have many strong feelings either way. I'll have to do a reread as I haven't been paying as much attention since I died.
Where did my old signature go? :(

ameretrifle
Vera

Postby ameretrifle » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:24 am UTC

...whaaaaat? What... what? What?

Whaaaaat?

I... I have seen things... things I have no words to explain... O_O I... have seen...

...Okay, yeah, hi all. Ironically, I bust ghosts. And I am town (IGMEOY: WWS for not reading closely enough...). It's actually been kind of annoying, given that there weren't any obvious ghosts that needed busting D1, and weren't likely to be for a while. So I've basically been waiting around, trying my best to keep engaged, until I actually get the chance to do something useful. I'd be annoyed at being described as "not a power role" if I didn't have to admit it was true >_> Still, seems like it's quite possible I'll have my uses. Just not bloody yet. Sigh. Luckily I'm usually good at living to endgame, when not hampered by random acts of banana. Don't take that as a complaint, though.

That was a hell of a lot to wake up to. >_>

Cynical Idealist

Postby Cynical Idealist » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:33 am UTC

What exactly does busting ghosts do?

Do you just win with town, or do you have an extra clause attached? (something like "bust N ghosts")
The internet removes the two biggest aids in detecting sarcasm:
1)The tone of voice
2)the assumption that the other person is sane
Elvish Pillager wrote:See? All the problems in our society are caused by violent video games, like FarmVille.

phlip
Restorer of Worlds

Postby phlip » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:54 am UTC

ameretrifle wrote:...whaaaaat? What... what? What?

Whaaaaat?

This has been my opinion for the whole game so far...

Code: Select all

enum ಠ_ಠ {°□°╰=1, °Д°╰, ಠ益ಠ╰};
void ┻━┻︵​╰(ಠ_ಠ ⚠) {exit((int)⚠);}
[he/him/his]

ameretrifle
Vera

Postby ameretrifle » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:14 am UTC

My PM was... pretty terse. No conditions attached, just town.

As to what exactly it does... I'm a bit vague on it myself >_> Hasn't been much reason to ask yet. Let's just say I can't go around just using it willy-nilly. For, reasons, that probably I shouldn't explain too explicitly? Just in case I actually become relevant.

I'm assuming that, over the course of the game, certain players will become ghosts (or perhaps they're already among us, who can be sure). When one is brought to my attention, I can use my ghostbusting ability, which will presumably kill it. So, before I use it, I'm gonna want to be pretty damn sure that the target is a) actually a ghost, and b) anti-town.

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:37 am UTC

So, I guess we're fairly interested in what Silknor has to say (assuming he can still speak)
Where did my old signature go? :(

The Moo Prophet

Postby The Moo Prophet » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:31 am UTC

This game is far too unpredictable *grumbles about closed setups*. I still want to vote Mega, but as the town does not seem interested, I will refrain from voting, so as not to end the day with Pete and Mega tied unless someone has a better idea. I wish other folks would chime in, I did my re-read/analysis and found what I could, but there has to be something I am missing.

OverBored

Postby OverBored » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:10 am UTC

Ok guys. Sorry about not posting for a while.

there is a lot of stuff to look at now. The stuff with the bananas was interesting, and whilst I haven't checked back yet (I will do), we might still have the poisoned banana due to the alternate reality thing, in which case the town effectively has a double lynch.

Ghosts: We have a ghost in play, but I don't know whether he's town or scum. I would guess that both roles do indeed exist, otherwise Ameretrifle would have a pretty easy job, since we're told when a ghost comes into existence.

Guild: I'm inclined to believe they are pro-town completely. If you don't mind me asking (and if its bad for the town, don't answer): Do the guild have a recruit? It would put an interesting spin on the night actions. I would guess that the alternate reality was instigated by the time travellers since "the past was changed". This means that the guild is going to be a pretty strong force for the town, since they appear to be able to undo some pretty nasty day actions (although probably only a limited number of times). It also, in my eyes, suggests at least 4 members to the time travellers, and clears Az and JoJ.

Votes: Only one vote in this reality; Bulvox voted for MrPete for claiming miller. I don't know much about what millers should do strategically, but it is a strange time to claim. I don't think it is strong enough for a vote though, so IGMEOY Bulvox.

Misc: With all of the banana events, I'm tempted to come back to my post from day one:
Spoiler:
OverBored wrote:Okay, idle speculation on something other than the cults.

The rules state:
Sungura wrote:5) Bulvox may or may not be a strawberry (:P)
6) Mega may or may not be scum
7) Overbored will not be bored

Now these may just be a bit of fun, or they could have some meaning. Maybe 5) ties in with the Whackabanana title, or 6) will make more sense later. 7) worries me a little, I like excitement but I'm concerned that I'm going to be inundated with complex and unusual situations later in the game.

Of course, this could also all be BS analysis and mean absolutely nothing...

Specifically with regards to Bulvox. I'm tempted to try eating you Bulvox, but I think you might die, and I don't think that is what I want to be doing right now.

Lynch Targets: *Shrugs*... Not me
G4!!

Grob FTW,

Hello. Smithers. You're. Quite good. At. Turning. Me. On.

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:07 pm UTC

If everyone hates that this is closed, I can post a role list, but no one can roleclaim.

felltir

Postby felltir » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:12 pm UTC

Sungura wrote:If everyone hates that this is closed, I can post a role list, but no one can roleclaim.

/me votes against this.
Spoiler:

Blog

he/him/his

OverBored

Postby OverBored » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:12 pm UTC

Yeah. IMHO closed is more fun anyway.
G4!!

Grob FTW,

Hello. Smithers. You're. Quite good. At. Turning. Me. On.

The Moo Prophet

Postby The Moo Prophet » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:49 pm UTC

Sungura wrote:If everyone hates that this is closed, I can post a role list, but no one can roleclaim.

No need. It may be confusing but it'll all make beautiful perfect sense in the end.

Return to “Mafia”