Mafiaballs [Newbie]: Mafiaballs Win

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

tastelikecoke

Re: Mafiaballs [Newbie]: Chapter XXXIII: Revenge of the Skro

Postby tastelikecoke » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:02 am UTC

Eh, I'm getting lynched again?

Anyway I'm bored of this skimping around.
Would my death really help town? We have quite few tells, only winey ones from D2, I think that's evidence that the lurkers are scum. Not me... but, anyway convince me, It's supposed to be anti-town to kill a townie, but if you think lynching me would clear up some wine, fine, I will cooperate with that.

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:39 pm UTC

This thread is as dead as I am.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:59 am UTC

_infina_ wrote:This thread is as dead as I am.

When I saw you'd posted in this topic, for one beautiful moment I thought we'd won the game. :cry:

*gets back to waiting patiently for the deadline to be enforced*
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:42 pm UTC

Yes. Can we have a deadline please? This game is dragging on. Too many lurkers.

Votals please?
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:32 pm UTC

tastelikecoke has been lynched

It is now N3. Please get actions in ASAP

Also, sorry about the delay in starting night. Hopefully tomorrow will run a bit faster with the uber-lurkers removed.

Crucialityfactor has been modkilled.
Legologos has been modkilled.
Where did my old signature go? :(

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:57 am UTC

Bye bye ?
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

tastelikecoke

Postby tastelikecoke » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:44 am UTC

Counting every game, this will be the third time I am mislynched. Hooray me.

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:23 am UTC

The bluey of Lone Star was enjoying a quiet drink with the bluey of Dark Helmet.

"So, it seems like the game is turning around a little, son. My Lord doth hide himself well." Dark Helmet chuckled into his beer.

"I wouldn't write off my guards that quickly. But you're right, yesterday was a disaster! One Redshirt to the noose, two just seemed to die by themselves, and then Yogurt was killed with the deathinator!" Lone Star responded.

tastelikecoke was a redshirt guard, vanilla town
Crucialityfactor was a redshirt guard, vanilla town
Legologos was a redshirt guard, vanilla town

BigNose was nightkilled - he was Yogurt, town doctor.

It is now Day 4

5 players alive, 3 to lynch.
Last edited by Dr Ug on Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:52 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

<nyssa>

Postby <nyssa> » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:32 am UTC

Ah..hmm. Oh dear. I'll have to have a reread and see what this means in terms of the remaining people's scumminess.

Dr Ug, can we have a list of who's still alive? I can only count four :S

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:38 am UTC

Dr Ug wrote:5 players alive, 3 to lynch.

4 surely?

Now, according to his profile, DL hasn't been online during the last night phase, which would imply that he's not scum - although we can't be certain he didn't send in a pre-emptive action.

Working from my earlier analyses, I think I'm going to vote for Nyssa. But not yet. There's a danger that if I and one other townie misvotes, then a lurking scum can just jump in, hammer and win the game. As long as I cast my vote last, this cannot happen.

As I think Nyssa is by far the most suspicious, I'd like to see her vote first, with reasoning.

Can we get a pre-emptive modprod on DL? If the past is anything to go by, we're going to need it! :P
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:49 am UTC

Yes, you would be right. 4 alive, 3 to lynch, MYLO.

<nyssa>

Postby <nyssa> » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:34 pm UTC

Yeah Misnomer's probably right. I have seemed scummy to some people, despite my best efforts to argue for the best action for town. I'll put it down to the fact that I'm newbie, it is a newbie game after all. Anyway, me voting first with proper analysis will involve me rereading the entire thread and making notes - I've just read the whole thing but couldn't come to much of a conclusion. Doing it properly will have to wait till tomorrow or Thursday. I'm town, and Misnomer is town, so that means either Dark Loink or Phlip is scum. I think I'm leaning towards phlip for all of the posts where he was trying to incite people against BigNose by saying BN was being reactionary and OMGUSing a lot, but hey, BN *was* doing that and did look pretty scummy, so I'm a bit hypocritical if that's the reason I find phlip scummy. The worst argument I can find against DL is the lurking he's been doing. So basically I need to look harder if I don't want to be lynched today. Which I don't, because then we'll lose.

phlip
Restorer of Worlds

Postby phlip » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:51 pm UTC

Dr Ug wrote:The bluey of Lone Star was enjoying a quiet drink with the bluey of Lone Star.

I guess his name is accurate after all... :P

One thing I will note is that at this point, if someone is going to be lynched without relying on the deadline again, it basically needs to be unanimous... all three who aren't the lynchee need to vote for them for it to stick. Which means that DL is really going to need to pick up the posting.

I don't have an opinion strong enough to cast a vote yet... going back to Misnomer's analysis of everyone, which I agree with on pretty much all counts, nyssa has stood out as a potential target, and DL is very inactive. Neither of which, of themselves, is enough for a confident lynch at MYLO. I'm leaning towards nyssa since, as Misnomer said in his analysis, what content DL has posted leans town, and inactivity alone isn't the best lynch reason this late in the game. But, again, not strongly enough for a vote yet, with the game on the line.

Code: Select all

enum ಠ_ಠ {°□°╰=1, °Д°╰, ಠ益ಠ╰};
void ┻━┻︵​╰(ಠ_ಠ ⚠) {exit((int)⚠);}
[he/him/his]

<nyssa>

Postby <nyssa> » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:16 am UTC

Well, I hope you guys didn't want to win this game, if you're relying on my analysis :/. All I can say is props to whoever of phlip and DL is the remaining scum for playing pretty well the whole game, although, as infina didn't name them on D1 and there was a lot of fuss surrounding infina's rotten play on D1 and D2, there were plenty of places for them to hide. It was easy on D1 to just jump on infina's bandwagon and then on D2 any arguments for BigNose or TwoFry were not seen as out of place.

I've read the whole thread and made notes, and things that stood out include:
DL not hammering infina on D1 - he had the chance, at the time we were at hammer-1, but he didn't hammer, and then it got a bit messy and infina hammered himself, in the end.
Neither phlip or DL voting for TwoFry on D2. I was hoping one of them would have, and the one that didn't might be our scum. However, that does make two for two non-votes from DL.
On day 2, DarkLoink did some pretty good analysis of people. Almost everyone, I think. However, he found BigNose scummy and TwoFry townie.
phlip also did some good analysis, however was possibly clutching at straws calling meatyochre scummy-seeming.
phlip then on both D2 and D3 mentioned how scummy BigNose was seeming with all his voting and FoSing of people out of mostly OMGUS. Which I think is probably fair enough, but could be scum trying to push more onto BigNose than is warranted in order to try and secure a lynch. On D3 he then votes BigNose.
Misnomer notes that while DL has been inactive in game, he has been online.
After DL got modprodded, he posted a post with not that much content and promptly disappeared again.
Going with my theory of not wanting to mod-kill the last scum and end the game it might have actually been DL that prompted Dr Ug to start looking for replacements, that is, until he (kinda) started posting again.
DL has not voted the whole game and has lurked a lot.

I'm leaning towards DL being the last scum. He found TwoFry to be townie in his analysis D2, and BigNose to be scummy, supporting the opposite of what was true, and pushing people in that direction. He hasn't voted at all the whole game, most noticeably not hammering infina and saying he was waiting to post more content he never posted. A lot of his posts were short, saying he would post more content later, only for that later post to be largely the same. He has actively lurked.
I'm not great at analysis and this is my first game, but that is my opinion of the situation. Phlip did some scummy things, but he has actively posted content the whole game, where DL has been a lot more conservative with his posts and activity.

<nyssa>

Postby <nyssa> » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:39 am UTC

Or, no one could post for three days...
tumbleweed.gif
tumbleweed.gif (12.77 KiB) Viewed 4137 times

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:43 am UTC

Can we get a modprod on DL?

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:32 am UTC

DL has been modprodded. If he doesn't post in the next 48 hours he will be modkilled.

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:52 am UTC

Dr Ug wrote:DL has been modprodded. If he doesn't post in the next 48 hours he will be modkilled.

A modkill of a town player at this stage wouldn't end the day woud it? :?

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:30 pm UTC

A mod kill of a town player would not end the day.

<nyssa>

Postby <nyssa> » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:52 am UTC

So we're just waiting to see if DL posts or not now? You guys realise this game started two months ago today? And its been bloody dull. I thought mafia games looked so exciting from the outside, but apparently, really not. The only reason I seem scummy to anyone is because I've been frustrated at the lack of posting and general apathy for this game in general, so I've been trying to push it along. And if the choice is between seeming scummy and letting a game die of post-starvation, I'm pretty happy with the former.
So, if DL is scum, it looks pretty likely that he's being modkilled so yay, we win. If DL isn't scum, it means its phlip, so after DL is modkilled we lynch phlip, right? Right? No, no what will happen is we'll lynch me, and scum will win. Even with infina's D1 play, which seems so long ago it could be a different game. So as it really doesn't matter what I do now
Vote: phlip
to cover our bases. It has to be one of them. If DL comes back, I'm ok with changing my vote. Or maybe I'm not. It really depends on if either of them post.

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:41 pm UTC

Dark Loink has been modkilled.

He was a Red Shirt Guard - Vanilla Town

3 remaining, two to lynch.

Votals:

phlip (1): <nyssa>

Also, I apologise for this game lurking so much - I think we were unlucky in that half the players decided to not really take much part in the game. <nyssa> I hope that you will stick around and try another game, they are usually much faster, interesting and fun than this one.

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:52 pm UTC

Come on phlip, cast your vote and lets get this over with...

phlip
Restorer of Worlds

Postby phlip » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:28 pm UTC

Alright, with DL gone, obvious action is obvious:
Vote: <nyssa>

I'd elaborate more, but I'm still feeling a bit sick and not thinking straight... which is also why I haven't been foruming much the past few days, been spending a lot more time sleeping than usual.

[he/him/his]

<nyssa>

Postby <nyssa> » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:10 am UTC

Dr Ug wrote:
Also, I apologise for this game lurking so much - I think we were unlucky in that half the players decided to not really take much part in the game. <nyssa> I hope that you will stick around and try another game, they are usually much faster, interesting and fun than this one.

N'aw its ok :). I think when this is over I will a) go read the spoilers and try and work out everyone's thought processes to try and improve my game or at the very least get me some meta and b) sign up for a turbo :P.

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:11 am UTC

<nyssa> wrote:
Dr Ug wrote:

N'aw its ok :). I think when this is over I will a) go read the spoilers and try and work out everyone's thought processes to try and improve my game or at the very least get me some meta and b) sign up for a turbo :P.

I'll be hosting the newbie game after this, so you're more than welcome to join that. :wink: [/shameless plug]

Anyways, as for the matter at hand, there's not been anything to shake me from my earlier analysis of the situation. Phlip, if you're scum, you've played a very good game.

Vote: <nyssa>

...did I pick right?

Two-Fry

Postby Two-Fry » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:10 pm UTC

Wow. Great game, phlip, I thought we were screwed over after the start, but you really managed to pull that out
podbaydoor wrote:^What this person said.

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:25 am UTC

"Mwuhahahaha," laughed Dark Helmet as <nyssa> swung from a nearby tree. "That will be 40 Credits!"

<nyssa> was a Red-Shirt Guard - Vanilla Town

Lone Star cursed under his helmet at his bad luck - dying and then losing a bet to his father. "Let's get out of here, Barf," he said to the bluey next to him.

Meanwhile President Skroob laughed manically as he stood over Misnomer's battered body (Mmmmm battered pizza).

Misnomer has been killed - he was Pizza the Hut, Town Miller

[i]He then walked up to the palace, used the schwarz to hack into it and called for the mafiaball Vacuum Cleaner Fleet to come and suck off Druidia's atmosphere. The evil mafiaballs would continue to live, and it looked like Druidia was pretty much screwed.

Mafiaball win

phlip
Restorer of Worlds

Postby phlip » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:27 am UTC

*Does the I'm-still-alive-and-none-of-you-are-any-more dance*

It's a very specific dance.

[he/him/his]

phlip
Restorer of Worlds

Postby phlip » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:29 am UTC

EBWOP: But seriously, that was a lot of fun, amongst all the downtime. Thanks, everyone.

[he/him/his]

Misnomer

Re: Mafiaballs [Newbie]: Mafiaballs Win

Postby Misnomer » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:19 am UTC

Dammit! >_<

But yeah, gg everyone. Having so many inactives screwed us over a bit, but it was still fun. Congratulation scum on your win. :)

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:26 am UTC

Misnomer wrote:Dammit! >_<

But yeah, gg everyone. Having so many inactives screwed us over a bit, but it was still fun. Congratulation scum on your win. :)

WHAT?

Congratulating Scum on their win?

You must be Scum!

Vote: Misnomer

(Oh. Hang on. I think a bit of Deja Vu is kicking in.)

Well done Phlip.

Point to note - Lynch the Lurkers!!

Dark Loink

Postby Dark Loink » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:16 pm UTC

...I really thought that...well...TLC was the doctor, and philip was town. Wrong on both of those counts.
Also, sorry about the lurking, this happened at a rather bad time, but still shouldn't ave gotten modkill bad.
But yeah, considering scum hammered themselves day1 + 2, congrats philip.

ElectricHaze

Postby ElectricHaze » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:24 am UTC

I didn't really follow the game that much after I was killed, but at that point I didn't know who was what except BN was Doctor. Totally obvious give away from infina IMO. I was most suspicious of nyssa at that point and probably would have pushed there all d3 to see if anything shook loose. It's a shame I didn't get doctored... I thought I was a fairly obvious NK target at that point for being active, and how vocal I was about both lynches. Oh well, very nice game philip, that is a stellar come back.
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.

phlip
Restorer of Worlds

Postby phlip » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:34 am UTC

ElectricHaze wrote:BN was Doctor. Totally obvious give away from infina IMO.

I thought it was hilarious when BN claimed, 'cause in the PMs on the first night I figured that infina didn't see anything on BN and was just trying to stir the pot... and that if he really did see something and was trying to inform us of that, but laid on the wine so thick he fooled his own teammates, then it would be hilarious. And it was.

Also hilarious from the same PM: "BN'll be out of the game for a week, which will probably be most of D2"...

[he/him/his]

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:05 pm UTC

ElectricHaze wrote:I didn't really follow the game that much after I was killed, but at that point I didn't know who was what except BN was Doctor. Totally obvious give away from infina IMO. I was most suspicious of nyssa at that point and probably would have pushed there all d3 to see if anything shook loose. It's a shame I didn't get doctored... I thought I was a fairly obvious NK target at that point for being active, and how vocal I was about both lynches. Oh well, very nice game philip, that is a stellar come back.

That was two seperate thoughts in that post. I had ard as cop, but didn't have anything on BN. AND you all didn't get that I wasn't talking about BN being a power role. you STILL don't get it though, do you? I wasn't going to give the doc ard, but that shouldn't have been necessary.
phlip wrote:I thought it was hilarious when BN claimed, 'cause in the PMs on the first night I figured that infina didn't see anything on BN and was just trying to stir the pot

That was it.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

Return to “Mafia”