[L] Buffy Mafia - Game Over: Chosen

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Adacore

[L] Buffy Mafia - Game Over: Chosen

Postby Adacore » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:16 pm UTC

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Mafia

Melaka Fray leapt through the city, eager to return to the secret vault in the Uppers. The vault stacked from floor to ceiling with the very thing she needed most - the annals of slayers past: the watchers' diaries for the past two millenia. Leaping from a giant neon sign to the roof of the building, she dropped through the skylight and landed on the dusty floor like a cat, with barely a sound. Stacked all around Fray from floor to ceiling on archaic wooden bookshelves were mountains of bound yellowing pages. Spinning around and taking in the room once more, Fray took a quick glance back up at her sister, Erin, who was slowly climbing down into the room on an improvised ladder.

"This is totally rocketship, Erin," Melaka exclaimed, "imagine what stories are in these things!".

With that, she bounded over to a shelf, pulled out a diary at random, and began to read...

The Watchers Diaries wrote:It was a sunny day in southern California. The birds were singing, the children were playing, and the vampires were fast asleep in their crypts. It was also possible that half the birds were mildly demonic and the children were vicious backstabbing teenagers, but it was a sunny spring day, so none of that made any difference at all. This was Sunnydale, home of the Hellmouth, bane to municipal public-relations employees. On the surface, this was about as normal a day as the Hellmouth could ever witness.

As Sunnydale itself was evidence of, surface appearances could be pretty deceiving.

"Hey, guys!" chirped Willow Rosenberg, nearly skipping her way up to meet her friends at the school's front gate.

"You seem awfully cheerful today," noted Xander Harris. "Anything I should know about?"

"What? No! Nothing at all unusual." She frowned. "Well, except for the demons."

"Not exactly 'unusual'," Buffy Summers said, dryly. "But there do seem to be a lot more around recently. What's up with that?"

"Clearly it's time for their Annual Evil Convention of Evil," said Xander. "All the crypts are booked solid."

"Buffy--" Giles hurried toward the Scoobies, a dark tome of worrisome age and thickness in hand.

"Oh, god," said Buffy. "Please don't let it actually be the Evil Convention of Evil."

"What? I--" Giles shook his head. "It isn't that. Though now that you mentioned it, the number of vampires--"

"Yeah, yeah, noticed, stake 'em," said Buffy. "Kinda gives you a feel for their population."

"Er, quite. But, what I was going to mention was that there seem to be significant astronomical oddities--"

"Stars? Usually don't kill people," said Buffy.

"--as well as suspicious technological and temporal glitches--"

"As long as my watch is working okay," said Xander.

"Oh, hey, is that the watch your mother gave you last Christmas?" said Willow.

"Nah, that got smashed during that incident with the squirrel that we promised to never speak of again."

"--and heaven forbid any of you pay me any attention," Giles muttered.

"Hey! Bell," said Buffy, as the school bell rang, and headed with her friends to the halls of the school.

"Right, because there is no possible chance of this being important," Giles muttered, and headed back to the library.

"Are you sure we shouldn't listen to him?" said Willow. "I mean, he's Giles."

"Well, maybe," said Buffy. "But whatever those star things are-- I've really got bigger fish to fry. Like, Jaws fish, size of a bus and a lot of really sharp teeth. I've just got a bad feeling, you know? There's too many vamps, and they're quiet. Usually they're all 'whoa man look at all the people I ate!' The last time I saw them like this-- well, I kinda died."

There was a moment of silence.

"Also," said Buffy, "chemistry test."

"Ah, the cherry on top of the sundae of apocalyptic fury," said Xander.

"Well, you never know," said Willow, brightly. "There might be an attack!"

"In the middle of the day? Pah." Buffy shook her head. "I should be so lucky."

It was a widely-known truth that one should be quite careful what one wished for.

In Sunnydale, it just usually came back to bite you a little bit harder.

This is a themed game with a closed setup. Role and game mechanics are (in some cases loosely) based on the Buffy TV series. With the reduced player count, amt and I have made the decision to remove all Angel TV series elements from this game. The game will be nonstandard - there will be both Day and Night phases, but both will be similar to days in regular games. There is a lynch (voted for in-thread, as standard) every Day and Night, and discussion in thread can occur at any time; some actions are limited to either Day or Night, while some can be used during both phases.

This game may contain town, mafia, cult, serial killer and other independent roles. There will be some (relatively minor) elements of bastardry; these are all role/mechanic linked and defined at game-start, the mods remain neutral and will not be working for/against any player or group.

Standard Rules (originally by Vox, significant contributions by Dr Ug and, of course, many others):
Spoiler:
1. Spoiler any posts about the game in the discussion thread and DO NOT READ SPOILERS IF YOU ARE STILL ALIVE. You are still alive until the mods say you are dead. You may PM if and only if explicitly stated in your role description.
2. All PMs must be CC'ed to both mods (Adacore and ameretrifle).
3. Please stay (at least mostly) on topic.
4. Don't lurk through the whole game; if you need to drop out, TELL THE MODS. Really bad lurkers REALLY PISS ME OFF. We have replacement players just in case real life gets in the way of your mafia playing.
4a. if you don't post in the thread for 5 consecutive days, you will receive a mod prod with 48 hours to respond. If you don't respond in 48 hours you will be replaced or modkilled.
5. If you aren't part of the game, please post in spoilers in the discussion thread for outside analysis. (*grabbing popcorn* is okay, just don't be too disruptive.)
6. If you die, don't say anything for the rest of the game except a simple, "Bah, you got me," which reveals no information.
7. You may not post verbatim or quote from your role PM. Paraphrasing is fine.
8. You may not edit your posts.

Buffy Special Rules:
Spoiler:
1. This game has two phases - Day and Night; during both phases you may post in the thread freely, and lynches occur on both Days and Nights. Some actions are limited to either Day or Night. The game will begin on Day 1.
2. The mods are Adacore and ameretrifle. All PMs (for actions, communications and queries) must be CCed to both mods.
3. After a death, either by a NK or lynch, there will be a period of 24 (real life) hours before the role details of the deceased are revealed in-thread.
4. You are not dead until the mods confirm (either in thread or by PM) you are dead. Please do not read the spoilers until you are confirmed dead.
5. Actions may occur at any time. They will be processed in the order they are received. Killing actions will be activated at 20:00 UTC on Thursday 30th September.
6. The mods are Adacore and ameretrifle. Please CC all PMs to both mods.
7. Days and Nights will be limited to 10 days duration; if required we may extend this duration to a maximum of 14 days.
8. If votes are tied at the deadline, the lynch will be decided at random.

Mods: Adacore & ameretrifle

Living Players:

1. mister k
2. mpolo
3. Misnomer
4. Brooklynxman
5. vector MasterOfAll
6. ahippo

Dead Players:

1. Weiyaoli (Killed D1: The Master, Vampire Mafia)
2. Krong (Lynched D1: Drusilla, Vampire Mafia)
3. Tastelikecoke (Killed N1: Tara, Town)
4. Mr Pete (Killed N1: Warren, Evil Trio)
5. Not A Raptor (Killed N1: Jenny Calendar, Town)
6. Lataro (Killed N2: Willow, Town turned SK)
7. Mavketl (Killed N2: Andrew, Evil Trio)
8. AngrySquirrel (Killed N2: Cordelia, Town)
9. Van (Lynched N3: The Mayor, Vampire Mafia)
10. PhoenixEnigma (Killed D3: Buffy, Town)
11. cycoden (Lynched D4: Oz, Cult)
12. Dr Ug
13. roband (Lynched N4: Giles, Town)
14. Two-Fry ElectricHaze (Lynched D5: Anya, Town)
15. ThinkSweet (Lynched N5: Spike, Independent turned Town)
16. Dark Loink (Lynched D6: Darla, Vampire Mafia)

Role PMs are out. No need to confirm; Day 1 starts now.
Last edited by Adacore on Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:40 am UTC, edited 32 times in total.

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Sign-up in thread!

Postby Mavketl » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:27 pm UTC

Awesome. (Egosearch post.)

To continue the mostly unserious rolespec...

You are Wesley. You send your friend's kid to hell and sleep with the enemy. You kind of love the enemy. All the good guys kind of hate you at one point or another. You cannot win.
Not A Raptor: Mav can be a very wily and dangerous player.
roband: Mav has a way of making everything seem right.
ELEPHANT SCIENCE - MORE ELEPHANT SCIENCE
- NEW: Elephant Math!

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:52 pm UTC

I would start some rolespec, but without my own role to provide information, I doubt I will say anything terribly incisive.

I think that Buffy, Xander and Willow are town.

(O.K., really, this is for egosearch and to get people to notice the thread.)
Image <-- Evil experiment

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:54 pm UTC

So, this is mainly to bump the post and get people to signup.

Bit of rolespec - I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the vampires will be our mafia. And fairly sure Xander / Buffy / Willow +/- others will be our masons.
Where did my old signature go? :(

vector

Postby vector » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:03 pm UTC

I'm considering joining. Can you tell me anything about what level of insanity to expect from this, or would that be saying too much? Mostly, I'm wondering if this will be a game with generally standard roles, or something that will shake things up a bit more.
Come visit the Bay12 Mafia subforum: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?board=20.0

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:21 pm UTC

vector wrote:I'm considering joining. Can you tell me anything about what level of insanity to expect from this, or would that be saying too much? Mostly, I'm wondering if this will be a game with generally standard roles, or something that will shake things up a bit more.

Hmm... most of the mechanics are at least slightly non-standard, but it's far more of a classic mafia game than the weirder games we've had lately - Clue, or Wizardry, or even Death Note. There's a fair potential for a few roles changing alignment during the game, too. I don't think it's too complex, though, and it should be fun to play any of the roles - most roles have powers, although some of them are a bit limited for balance.

The bastardry will be along the lines of game mechanics that are not revealed in full at game start, the mod(s) will not be actively working against the players or changing things once the game has begun. But yeah - please sign up! We need players :wink:

vector

Postby vector » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:26 pm UTC

Hmm... okay, why not. This seems like as good a place to practice as any =)

In.
Come visit the Bay12 Mafia subforum: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?board=20.0

PhoenixEnigma

Postby PhoenixEnigma » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:26 pm UTC

Posted in the signup thread, but should probably post here as well, to cover my bases and get it into my egosearch.
"Optimism, pessimism, fuck that; we're going to make it happen. As God is my bloody witness, I'm hell-bent on making it work." -Elon Musk
Shivahn wrote:I am a motherfucking sorceror.

Not A Raptor

Postby Not A Raptor » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:30 pm UTC

Game Name: Buffy Mafia
Mod: Adacore
Co-mod: ameretrifle

Description:
Semi-nightless (there are 'night' and 'day' phases, but they're actually both pretty much like 'days' in regular games) large game with 26 players. Roles based on Buffyverse characters (Buffy/Angel TV shows, some flavour may incorporate elements of the Buffy/Angel and Fray comics). There may be a small amount of bastardry.

1. Weiyaoli (Buffy! And a 26 player game isn't too bad.)
2. ThinkSweet (Yay! My entire High School life centered around Buffy! Well maybe not all, that'd be sad <.< >.>)
3. Dr Ug (It's been a while... maybe I should watch it again... I have a spare week right?)
4. mister k(Buffy!)
5. mpolo
6. Misnomer (I'm going to be so horribly flavour challenged by this game...)
7. Brooklynxman (must watch again...and Angel.....not because its been too long, but because it was awesome)
8. Mr Pete
9. Lataro (Blarg, I'm giving in to pleading, but please don't let days last too long :) )
10. Mavketl
11.Dark Loink
12. Not A Raptor (meh. Might as well. Hope for a good role, maybe?)
13. vector
14. PhoenixEnigma
Van wrote:I like simple games.

Like Wizardry.

WARNING: Is acting like NaR.
Kellsbells: NAR is a sillypants
Not_A_Raptor: :p
Kellsbells: That is my expert assessment

Two-Fry

Postby Two-Fry » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:46 pm UTC

Game Name: Buffy Mafia
Mod: Adacore
Co-mod: ameretrifle

Description:
Semi-nightless (there are 'night' and 'day' phases, but they're actually both pretty much like 'days' in regular games) large game with 26 players. Roles based on Buffyverse characters (Buffy/Angel TV shows, some flavour may incorporate elements of the Buffy/Angel and Fray comics). There may be a small amount of bastardry.

2. ThinkSweet (Yay! My entire High School life centered around Buffy! Well maybe not all, that'd be sad <.< >.>)
3. Dr Ug (It's been a while... maybe I should watch it again... I have a spare week right?)
4. mister k(Buffy!)
5. mpolo
7. Brooklynxman (must watch again...and Angel.....not because its been too long, but because it was awesome)
8. Mr Pete
9. Lataro (Blarg, I'm giving in to pleading, but please don't let days last too long :) )
10. Mavketl
11.Dark Loink
13. vector
14. PhoenixEnigma
15. TwoFry
podbaydoor wrote:^What this person said.

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:05 am UTC

Signups:

4. mister k(Buffy!)
5. mpolo
8. Mr Pete
10. Mavketl
11.Dark Loink
13. vector
14. PhoenixEnigma
15. TwoFry
16. ahippo

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:09 am UTC

Go signups go!

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:24 am UTC

If you sign up now, I will give you an internet.
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:

Krong

Postby Krong » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:44 am UTC

Signups:

4. mister k(Buffy!)
5. mpolo
8. Mr Pete
10. Mavketl
11.Dark Loink
13. vector
14. PhoenixEnigma
15. TwoFry
16. ahippo
17. Krong

I know almost nothing about Buffy and kind of dislike large games, but I just hate seeing this thing getting so little love.

Brooklynxman wrote:If you sign up now, I will give you an internet.

<Colbert voice> Internet please. </Colbert voice>
The answer to the question "What’s wrong with the world?" is just two words: "I am." -- G. K. Chesterton (attributed)

ameretrifle
Vera

Postby ameretrifle » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:49 am UTC

Hmm, the Buffy/Angel thread in Movies & TV has been bumped recently. Would it be silly to mention there that I really need to rewatch a bit of the shows as well because there happens to be a game starting in the Mafia forum...? ;D

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:57 am UTC

I think it would be the opposite of silly.

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:33 am UTC

Krong, I don't see an internetometer.

Spoiler:

Krong

Postby Krong » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:22 am UTC

Brooklynxman wrote:Krong, I don't see an internetometer.

I just don't like to advertise how many internets I has. It makes everyone else feel inadequate.
The answer to the question "What’s wrong with the world?" is just two words: "I am." -- G. K. Chesterton (attributed)

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:59 am UTC

Signups:

4. mister k(Buffy!)
5. mpolo
8. Mr Pete
10. Mavketl
11.Dark Loink
13. vector
14. PhoenixEnigma
15. TwoFry
16. ahippo
17. Krong
18. Tastelikecoke

mister k

Postby mister k » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:06 am UTC

almoooost theerrrreee
Elvish Pillager wrote:you're basically a daytime-miller: you always come up as guilty to scumdar.

ThinkSweet

Postby ThinkSweet » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:19 am UTC

Yays! Come on Buffy!

Also: egosearch'd
</rant>

roband

Postby roband » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:51 am UTC

Signups:

4. mister k(Buffy!)
5. mpolo
8. Mr Pete
10. Mavketl
11.Dark Loink
13. vector
14. PhoenixEnigma
15. TwoFry
16. ahippo
17. Krong
18. Tastelikecoke
19. roband (hoping I'm doing this right, not played here before)

cycoden

Postby cycoden » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:36 am UTC

4. mister k(Buffy!)
5. mpolo
8. Mr Pete
10. Mavketl
11.Dark Loink
13. vector
14. PhoenixEnigma
15. TwoFry
16. ahippo
17. Krong
18. Tastelikecoke
19. cycoden (a mysterious figure drags itself out of an incongruous, and seemingly bottomless pit. It looks at the sky and squints...)
VectorZero wrote:SEXUAL INTERCOURSE DISGUSTS ME!
Spoiler:
Bulvox wrote:This is probably one of the few times that I'll agree with Cycoden on anything. I just wish that my brain worked like that.

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:48 am UTC

4. mister k(Buffy!)
5. mpolo
8. Mr Pete
10. Mavketl
11.Dark Loink
13. vector
14. PhoenixEnigma
15. TwoFry
16. ahippo
17. Krong
18. Tastelikecoke
19. cycoden (a mysterious figure drags itself out of an incongruous, and seemingly bottomless pit. It looks at the sky and squints...)
20. roband (hoping I'm doing this right, not played here before)

Yes roband, you were doing it exactly right, until cycoden ignored your signup :evil:

roband

Postby roband » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:49 am UTC

Ok, cycoden posted while my post was being mod-approved.

I'll put myself in at 20

4. mister k(Buffy!)
5. mpolo
8. Mr Pete
10. Mavketl
11.Dark Loink
13. vector
14. PhoenixEnigma
15. TwoFry
16. ahippo
17. Krong
18. Tastelikecoke

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:01 pm UTC

This game will probably start some time over the weekend (Saturday or Sunday) with however many players we have signed up by then. Obviously I'd prefer that we have the full 26 players, but I think we can cut enough roles to make it work with anything over 20, which we now have. Our mod-conference to finalise the setup is on Friday evening, so the game won't start before that even if it fills up today (which, admittedly, based on the rate of signups so far, seems unlikely).

Van

Postby Van » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:42 pm UTC

I really really was planning on not doing this, but I want to try a large game just one time. Also I have been feeling guilty for not signing up forever, as Adacore pushed ahead against all odds (and some evens too.) My perception of Buffy: teenage lesbian vampire drama.

4. mister k(Buffy!)
5. mpolo
8. Mr Pete
10. Mavketl
11.Dark Loink
13. vector
14. PhoenixEnigma
15. TwoFry
16. ahippo
17. Krong
18. Tastelikecoke
21. Van
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:20 pm UTC

Pre-Game Vote: Van

She claimed to be retiring in a discussion post, this is obviously a scum tactic since she is here now! :P
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

Van

Postby Van » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:04 pm UTC

It's a Van thing. If I left now, my "last game" would be Scrubs, since that is the last game I ended up playing in. I've been a horrible player in Scrubs, and I don't want to leave on that note :D

Or you could just take it as "one for the road."
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

ameretrifle
Vera

Postby ameretrifle » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:39 pm UTC

And suddenly, actual signups. O_O Man, I gotta get my shit together. Thank god for ten years of fanfiction practice XD

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:17 pm UTC

ameretrifle wrote:And suddenly, actual signups. O_O Man, I gotta get my shit together. Thank god for ten years of fanfiction practice XD

Recommended reading: The Buffybot Adventures (its a personal favorite)

Spoiler:

AngrySquirrel
Hellish Sex Goddess

Postby AngrySquirrel » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:12 pm UTC

Ok, I'm going into surgery next week so I might disappear for a few days if things don't go exactly as planned. Also I dislike large games, and I was planning on not ever playing again but...It's Buffy! :evil:

4. mister k(Buffy!)
5. mpolo
8. Mr Pete
10. Mavketl
11.Dark Loink
13. vector
14. PhoenixEnigma
15. TwoFry
16. ahippo
17. Krong
18. Tastelikecoke
21. Van
22. AngrySquirrel
Putting the fist into pacifist.

they/them/theirs

Adacore

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 1: Welcome to the Hellmouth

Postby Adacore » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:11 pm UTC

Signups are closed. Roles have gone out.

Day 1 start. 22 Players, 12 to lynch.
Last edited by Adacore on Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:58 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.

mister k

Postby mister k » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:33 pm UTC

alright! So, 22 players and so many characters. So, its probably worth not speculating on town roles, and instead focusing on scum. The cast have so many variable powers that we can't take much for granted I think, and discussing it may just give the scum info.

So who could the scum be? Well if I had to guess I'd go with a rogues gallery, the big bads, i.e.

The master (might be able to kill buffy somehow)
evil angel (if Angels around he might be culted to them maybe?)
the mayor- un night killable probably
adam- uh.... the power to... ummm... kill stuff? Meh
Glory-same issue as Adam, might be a slightly schizophrenic character if she's also Ben (do we think theres a connection there?)
dark willow- could willow be cultable?
The first- godfather role seems extremely likely to me, seeing as it can look like anything it wants, although usually picks buffy due to budgetary concerns. Actually, we might want to be slightly cautious on rolecops because of this.
Elvish Pillager wrote:you're basically a daytime-miller: you always come up as guilty to scumdar.

AngrySquirrel
Hellish Sex Goddess

Postby AngrySquirrel » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:18 pm UTC

Other potential baddies:
Spike - baddie later turned somewhat good, but mainly I'd think he'd be a baddie. Or a miller. But mainly baddie.
Faith - Not always daddy's little girl, sometimes good, sometimes bad, always deadly.
Drusilla - She's cool but hard to understand. Baddie. I'm definitely going to be wary of anyone who seems prophetic or who has post-restrictions due to her.
That woman who made ADAM. It's been a while since I watched the show so I don't quite remember what everyone was called/did, but I remember that she was bad.
The preacher dude - same as with the woman who made adam, I remember he was played by nathan fillion, and I remember that he was bad. But that's about it.

There's also the chance of random demons popping up here and there seeing as this show had a lot of them.

Also that woman who married Xander, who used to be a demon and was scared of bunnies. Anya was it? She could be interesting. She and Oz (the werewolf). Good guys, but with potential bad sides.
Putting the fist into pacifist.

they/them/theirs

Krong

Postby Krong » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:25 pm UTC

Hmm. I recognize a few of the names in the initial post, but I'm clueless on flavor beyond that. Sounds like it's Wikipedia time!

Two-Fry

Postby Two-Fry » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:50 pm UTC

Egosearch posting, since I'm also pretty weak on flavour
podbaydoor wrote:^What this person said.

PhoenixEnigma

Postby PhoenixEnigma » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:24 pm UTC

Likewise, I'm going to be pretty useless in the rolespec phase. This site looks like it's about to become my friend very quickly. Also, DVD rentals.
"Optimism, pessimism, fuck that; we're going to make it happen. As God is my bloody witness, I'm hell-bent on making it work." -Elon Musk
Shivahn wrote:I am a motherfucking sorceror.

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:39 pm UTC

I'd rather saw my head off with a rusty spoon than learn buffy lore, so, I'll be useless on rolespec. I feel the need to do this however...

Vote: NAR

Because really, what are the odds he isn't anti-town? :P

<3
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

weiyaoli

Postby weiyaoli » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:42 pm UTC

I googled a few roles on wikipedia, but haven't really seen much use in that so far. Lots of them have so many different powers that especially with my limited knowledge of Buffy as it is that it is difficult to make much headway with those.

I think therefore that I agree pretty much with not going into great detail about possible town powers because it should be better for town if scum doesn't have much of an idea on what to expect powers-wise.

In regards with these:

4. You are not dead until the mods confirm (either in thread or by PM) you are dead. Please do not read the spoilers until you are confirmed dead.

Revive mechanic? Perhaps how the cult works this game by reviving dead players as vampires?

And

This game may contain town, mafia, cult, serial killer and other independent roles. There will be some (relatively minor) elements of bastardry; these are all role/mechanic linked and defined at game-start, the mods remain neutral and will not be working for/against any player or group.

When are we getting these defined? In our role PMs?
And you thought I was crazy...

Return to “Mafia”