[L] Buffy Mafia - Game Over: Chosen

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

ahippo

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 1: Welcome to the Hellmouth

Postby ahippo » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:54 pm UTC

Okay so right now I can't figure out which posts are pre-game and which ones are D1. It makes it a little bit difficult for me to know what's going on. Right now I'm doing a lot of searching on the Buffy Wiki. As for role spec, I'm useless. But probably, like Death Note Mafia, I will have watched the entire series by next week. (maybe)

mister k

Postby mister k » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:05 pm UTC

interesting. So either vector and NAR are who they say they are, or they're both scum working together. I'm inclined towards the former, but if one of them turns up scum that pretty much guarentees the other one is.
Elvish Pillager wrote:you're basically a daytime-miller: you always come up as guilty to scumdar.

vector

Postby vector » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:16 pm UTC

mister k wrote:interesting. So either vector and NAR are who they say they are, or they're both scum working together. I'm inclined towards the former, but if one of them turns up scum that pretty much guarentees the other one is.

How about the possibility that NaR actually converted me, but was a member of the other scum group? I was actually wondering about that one, but since I know zilch about flavor, I don't know how likely that would be.
Come visit the Bay12 Mafia subforum: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?board=20.0

mister k

Postby mister k » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:24 pm UTC

Well, it doesn't fit flavour, but thats not impossible. There are a lot more characters who attempt to remove his soul than attempt to restore it. There are two or three characters that could do it, and they're all good aligned.
Elvish Pillager wrote:you're basically a daytime-miller: you always come up as guilty to scumdar.

Van

Postby Van » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:56 pm UTC

Cool. This is going now and something crazy happened. NAR, I'm equally impressed that it actually worked and also that you manage to do something every single game that shocks me :D

I don't really have any idea what's going on though, and you guys keep talking about shit I have no idea about. I'm going to devote a little time to this wiki I found, but this show looks a rather lot more interesting/intimidating than I expected. I've some thoughts on the day so far, but I'm going to hold off until I'm a little more up to date on the flavor. So, placeholder.

Er, I'll probably get this answered via wiki, but I want to make sure: are there likely to be freely recruiting scum groups/vampire spawn/whatever? This whole thing is very deja vu of HPMafia so far, and I still have a bitter taste in my mouth over that.
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

Not A Raptor

Postby Not A Raptor » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:08 pm UTC

Van wrote:Cool. This is going now and something crazy happened. NAR, I'm equally impressed that it actually worked and also that you manage to do something every single game that shocks me :D

I don't really have any idea what's going on though, and you guys keep talking about shit I have no idea about. I'm going to devote a little time to this wiki I found, but this show looks a rather lot more interesting/intimidating than I expected. I've some thoughts on the day so far, but I'm going to hold off until I'm a little more up to date on the flavor. So, placeholder.

Er, I'll probably get this answered via wiki, but I want to make sure: are there likely to be freely recruiting scum groups/vampire spawn/whatever? This whole thing is very deja vu of HPMafia so far, and I still have a bitter taste in my mouth over that.

It's like a little game I play with myself, now. How can I best leave Van speechless? :D I wouldn't worry about this being like HPMafia... there's no tournament or crazy prizes for winning said tournament. However, I do worry about the possibility of recruiting factions.

Also, confirming that vector was Angelus, now Angel. Welcome to the winning side. :D
Van wrote:I like simple games.

Like Wizardry.

WARNING: Is acting like NaR.
Kellsbells: NAR is a sillypants
Not_A_Raptor: :p
Kellsbells: That is my expert assessment

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:10 pm UTC

Woah. Seriously did not expect that to work. But then, it worked in HP - but that was later in the game, when town was starting to do well. Surprising.

I do wonder if he is now town, or if he is like Fudge in that he has a vaguely towny win condition (but not the town's win condition). Something to keep in mind. I'm also a little worried about assuming vector is town now, as along with people who are able to return Angelus's soul, there are other people (in the show) that can take it away again. This would not be a Great Thing.

As for the chance of growing scum factions - I think that is definitely possible and would fit with flavour (vampires can turn people into vampires, after all). It would probably be limited to night - perhaps they get a kill and a recruit each night, but nothing during the day? I wonder if Vector knew anything about the Vampire faction's win condition / other powers?

I am growing a little suspicious of Mr K. He seems to be harping on about not speculating on town roles as if this is a very towny opinion. This allows him to discuss little else and seem like he's contributing.

For Now:

FoS: Mr K
Where did my old signature go? :(

Krong

Postby Krong » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:29 pm UTC

Wow, stuff is happening already. Here I was thinking large games were slow.

Still reading up on flavor... does anyone happen to know if NaR is basically confirmed as one role, or if there are several he could be? This could be a (very risky) gambit with both vector and NaR as scum from the same team, and if it's true that there are several possible roles for NaR, he might be planning on hiding in one of those should it come time for a massclaim.

I don't think we have to worry about that right now, though, since (IMO) the likelihood of NaR going for such a bluff is rather low. vector maybe, but NaR's probably had his fill of "out in a blaze of glory" scum deaths for now :P
The answer to the question "What’s wrong with the world?" is just two words: "I am." -- G. K. Chesterton (attributed)

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:37 pm UTC

I think the chances of a gambit are quite low, as this makes NaR one of one, or possibly two roles. At least one of those roles is very likely to be in the game, and as such a falseclaim on D1 would be a very bad scum move. I think I believe them, for now.

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:10 am UTC

Going by canon in both Buffy AND Angel, both times Angel's soul was restored it was by [redacted]. Go figure it out, you all seem to have found the wiki.

If its not [redacted] some flavor liberties were taken.

mister_k, I see exactly what you mean about him. Speculate about something or attack someone or....something.
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:02 am UTC

I think that by far the most reasonable explanation is that NaR and vector are who they say they are.

Interesting that there is a vampire "faction". For a show with vampires in the title, there really aren't that many recurring vamps. I'm thinking Darla, Drusilla and Spike (who might also have a possibility of turning into milque-toast Spike at some point). Off the top of my head, I can't think of any more "named vampires".
Image <-- Evil experiment

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:32 am UTC

Right, after stumbling blindly through the buffy wiki, here's some rolespec from me...

From what I can tell from what I've read, vampires and demons seem to be reasonably distinct and separate groups - so perhaps they're different factions in this? The starting flavour mentions there being more demons than usual, not vampires, which leads me to suspect that the scum team in this is demonic - which would fit in with vampires behaving like a cult, due to their ability to turn other people into vampires.

If they are two seperate factions, then something I read about Adam on the wiki really worries me...
Spoiler:
Wiki wrote:In order to obtain the large supplies of bodies required, Adam appears before the demons of Sunnydale, and persuades them to join forces against the Initiative. Demons and vampires, known for rejecting each other, begin to fight together, while others allow themselves to be captured by Initiative agents. Adam's plan is to fill the Initiative facilities with demons and then unleash them on the soldiers by unlocking their cells from Professor Walsh's secret laboratory. Afterward, he and his minions will recover body parts from the slaughter and fashion a new race formed from man, demon, and machine (the implicit idea is that Adam will expand outward until he repopulates the planet).

Perhaps the Adam role has the power to make scum and cult team up into some sort of super faction under Adam's leadership? :?

BTW, do we need to keep spoilering plot details? Or can we assume that people are either into Buffy and already know the plot, or not really interested and don't mind seeing plot spoilers?
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

mister k

Postby mister k » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:32 am UTC

mpolo wrote:I think that by far the most reasonable explanation is that NaR and vector are who they say they are.

Interesting that there is a vampire "faction". For a show with vampires in the title, there really aren't that many recurring vamps. I'm thinking Darla, Drusilla and Spike (who might also have a possibility of turning into milque-toast Spike at some point). Off the top of my head, I can't think of any more "named vampires".

The master is the big one, also the one with the name like toast that wants to kill Faith, and ooh, the one who backs up the Mayor. Whatever his name was. Him. I should imagine in a game with 20, if we have two evil factions, then they're not going to be bigger than 6-7 in total (at most, but we can potentially recruit people back to goodness).

You are right that I have yet to scum speculate, although I have role speculated. I'm not sure anyone has speculated on scum yet. Well, other than to be suspicious about me, which is clearly pointless as I am clearly town. Heh.

Well, people feeling scummy? I'm... surprised by NAR and vectors play, but NAR does that kind of thing, so I'm willing to let it lie, and as I say, if one turns out to be scum they've given away the other in all probability. I suppose Wolfram and Hart could potentially have the power to re-soul angel, but I don't think they'd do it. I'm not going to try going through all the people who've posted thus far, but I guess I'll pick out who might be feeling off to me:

ok, a read through makes me conclude that there hasn't been enough chatter to actually get a fix on people. Tlc thinksweet, roband, ahippo, mr pete (needs mod prod), lataro and wei just haven't posted much at all. So yeah.

My point of talking about role spec was actually to get a strategy discussion going, seeing as a large proportion of this day has been talking abour NAR and vector. My proposition is that speculating on town roles in a game like this will rarely help town, and will give scum the chance to easily hide by making low risk speculation.

mister k

Postby mister k » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:34 am UTC

ebwop. Ninjad. Man, if Adam's the leader that'd make me several kinds of sad. Also, the initiative barely has any personalities, so I'll be surprised if it features as a seperate entity. Maybe as an independent entity that could be subverted by Adam I suppose. I'm interested as to what the other scum faction would be, as a lot of the other bad guys that aren't vampires were pretty diseperate- I can't imagine the Trio teaming up with the Mayor. Actually I just did, and it was awesome.

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:08 am UTC

Votals:

NaR - 1 (Lataro)

22 players, 12 to lynch. Kill powers active in ~58 hours.

AngrySquirrel
Hellish Sex Goddess

Postby AngrySquirrel » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:30 am UTC

Of the top of my head the scum factions I can think of from the show are:
The geek trio - although not really powerful, and more fanboys than anything else, they did kill Tara and they knew a lot of stuff.
The Vampires - mainly Spike, Darla and Drusilla. Among these Spike/Drusilla is also a potential lover pair. Drusilla in the show had powers like an oracle. Spike turned good in later seasons but he was much cooler as evil.
The Initiative - Lead by Prof. Something (Walsh?), also included Adam (although he had his own ideas) and in some ways that one military dude that was Buffy's boyfriend for a few seasons (Riley?) + additional army dudes (Forrest and Graham?).
A potential faction lead by the Mayor - Could possibly include Faith, otherwise I don't remember any big names from this.
Glory - she had minions, and a split personality. Also she could suck out people's brains.
The First, The Preacher (Caleb?) and his super-vampires.

I don't think it's likely Wolfram and Hart will be present in this game considering they mostly appear in Angel.

I would think that if Adam is in this game he's going to be hard to kill.

Otherwise the antagonists I can remember were mostly working on solo projects.

Additional note: I kind of hope that demon that made everyone sing and dance is here and we have to do a musical edition of this for a day or so. Would be funny.
Putting the fist into pacifist.

they/them/theirs

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:40 am UTC

You mean we don't normally have to sing our posts as we make them? Aw man...

roband

Postby roband » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:46 am UTC

It might well be useful to make everything rhyme,
but it could be quite difficult, if you don 't have the time.
Even the scum could give it a shot.
Will this catch on? Probably not.

mister k

Postby mister k » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:50 am UTC

an exploration of musical canter
might greatly increase my enjoyment of banter
but ultimately the problem with mafia
is that nothing ryhmes with it

Dark Loink

Postby Dark Loink » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:56 am UTC

ahippo wrote:Okay so right now I can't figure out which posts are pre-game and which ones are D1. It makes it a little bit difficult for me to know what's going on. Right now I'm doing a lot of searching on the Buffy Wiki. As for role spec, I'm useless. But probably, like Death Note Mafia, I will have watched the entire series by next week. (maybe)

This, so I'm going to be useless for rolespec. This lets me focus on more how people are acting, I guess.
I will get in a post tonight, the first night in about a week I've been able to. Sorry about that, seems to happen a lot lately. :|

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:57 am UTC

That's right, there were the super ancient vampires, of whom the Master was the main one. But I don't see him so much as a "discuss things with one another" team member, either. I'm not sure what the other factions could look like. Having the Trio could be kind of funny, though. Maybe Jonathan is the real bad guy!

As for strategy, any doctors that we might have now have two probable townies. These are at least candidates for protection, though I wouldn't want to bind anybody's hands on whom to protect, so as to keep scum guessing.

We presumably have one or more slayers in the town (well one is pretty much a certainty, and if we're in season seven, we could have a couple dozen, though that's pretty unlikely, game balance-wise), so it would be good to turn up some good targets for those kills. We wouldn't want Buffy to be a loose cannon. The idea that she might accidentally kill one of the Scoobies is actually pretty funny, plot-wise (though probably protected against by some sort of masonry).

We presumably have some investigative types, but they should only claim if they have something or are really under pressure.

I kind of agree with mister k that blatant role-spec for townie roles beyond this is not particularly helpful for the town. As always, it would be nice to know more for personal curiosity's sake, but townies are always doomed to be the uninformed majority.

So, we just need to get people posting so that we can catch them in mistakes. I really don't want to see another "chase the lurkers" game. Even when it works, it's not very fulfilling.

Otherwise, we need to find some scum types. It wouldn't be bad to do so before the kills go active -- reduce the bodycount of townies, so to speak.

(I sent this a while ago, but it was ninja-ed by the count, so not actually posted, and now it's coming two hours later than planned...)

tastelikecoke

Postby tastelikecoke » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:19 pm UTC

I'm so far behind, when we start talking about Buffy it's like reading foreign language. Also others are talking about HP mafia. Come on.

roband

Postby roband » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:32 pm UTC

It can be a hindrance, not knowing 'bout Buffy
Some are fine, but others find this a toughy.
I really think my rhyming should stop.
And with that, I'm gonna read from the top.

tastelikecoke

Postby tastelikecoke » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:02 pm UTC

Yes, It's very tough. Since our final exams is almost 2 weeks, I probably won't have any time to devote on the Buffy flavour.

So far these are confirmed:
vector - "The only useful piece of information I have is that there's multiple scum groups. I was with the "vampire group;" I assume that implies we have more than one."
BxM - "certain items will be dropped in the game. I need to pick up 3 of them in order to win with the town. Anyone who picks one up before I get 3 is scum in my book." (more or less, sounds too intricate to be a lie)
NaR - "I can change that, though. Come out, Angelus. I can put you on the winning side."

There are no speculations about the screen names of BxM and NaR yet. Mister k mentioned it might only hurt town to speculate town roles.

cycoden

Postby cycoden » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:39 pm UTC

Hi everyone!

I've managed to read through the thread so far, only to find that others have identified a lot of the interesting things that I also saw. Anyway:

Him upstairs wrote:Actions may occur at any time. They will be processed in the order they are received. Killing actions will be activated at 20:00 UTC on Thursday 30th September.
So someone almost certainly has a day kill...

Misnomer wrote:The lynches-at-night mechanic intrigues me, as it looks like the game if effectively nightless in the normal sense, with alternating types of day phase. if it becomes clear that either the "day" or "night" phases are producing most of the town deaths, it might be an idea to rush them through with no lynches, and stick with just lynching in the phases that produce the least town deaths.
I'll have to think about this as we see what happens. My gut feeling is that we should use every lynch opportunity available to us (assuming 1 lynch/phase and at least {1 scum kill/recruit/other anti-town action}/phase).

My (fairly strong) feelings on the town speculation discussion:
mister k wrote:alright! So, 22 players and so many characters. So, its probably worth not speculating on town roles, and instead focusing on scum. The cast have so many variable powers that we can't take much for granted I think, and discussing it may just give the scum info.
weyoli wrote:I think therefore that I agree pretty much with not going into great detail about possible town powers because it should be better for town if scum doesn't have much of an idea on what to expect powers-wise.
mister k wrote:I really don't think its a good idea to speculate pro-town roles right now. If something interesting happens we can speculate why, but we should keep the scum in the dark as far as I'm concerned.
These arguments trying to shutdown discussion essentially 'for our own good' are often scumtells - I'm surprised to see Mr K making such an argument... hmmm. (IMO, more discussion is always better for us, assuming fellow townies don't just blurt out their role or something stupid like that).

I'm suspecting that Mr K is either a scum with big cojones, or there is something quite unusual about his role mechanic (which I suppose is more likely in this game than others).

mister k wrote:Why no town spec? I'm pretty confident it won't help, thats why. I've come to this opinion recently, but in a game with flavour as broad as Buffy, where character's have wildly changing powers its going to just confuse us to spec town powers. Worse yet, its an excellent place for scum to hide: speccing town roles never hurts scums chances after all.
I disagree. Scum can, and have slipped up when discussing town roles.

Mr K wrote:Speccing scum does, because it forces scum to either lie or give info.
...Scum lie about their roles? This is an outrage! What does it force non-scum players to do then?

mpolo wrote:As for strategy, any doctors that we might have now have two probable townies. These are at least candidates for protection, though I wouldn't want to bind anybody's hands on whom to protect, so as to keep scum guessing.

We presumably have one or more slayers in the town (well one is pretty much a certainty, and if we're in season seven, we could have a couple dozen, though that's pretty unlikely, game balance-wise), so it would be good to turn up some good targets for those kills. We wouldn't want Buffy to be a loose cannon. The idea that she might accidentally kill one of the Scoobies is actually pretty funny, plot-wise (though probably protected against by some sort of masonry).
[...]
I kind of agree with mister k that blatant role-spec for townie roles beyond this is not particularly helpful for the town. As always, it would be nice to know more for personal curiosity's sake, but townies are always doomed to be the uninformed majority.
Yeah. Us townies are totally doomed.

Which is why the town needs discussion. I'm somewhat unclear on your reasoning that the amount of town-role-spec you posted is perfectly appropriate, but more wouldn't be.

<Hypothetical Mod hat>
Spoiler:
vector wrote:Alrighty, I've swapped. The only useful piece of information I have is that there's multiple scum groups. I was with the "vampire group;" I assume that implies we have more than one.

So. Party starting... now. Back eventually with reads.
If I were mod, I would take a very dim view of a player acting in direct contradiction to their current win condition (ie: players should not seek to be converted to a win condition that is the enemy of their current win condition) - although perhaps Angel(us)'s win condition is not what I might have expected.

</Mod hat>
Well, I'm inclined to believe NaR and vector. For now.

Vector: As angelus, were you aware of the identity of other vampires (from your post, I am assuming the answer is no, but I'd appreciate if you could confirm this)?
VectorZero wrote:SEXUAL INTERCOURSE DISGUSTS ME!
Spoiler:
Bulvox wrote:This is probably one of the few times that I'll agree with Cycoden on anything. I just wish that my brain worked like that.

cycoden

Postby cycoden » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:48 pm UTC

tastelikecoke wrote:Yes, It's very tough. Since our final exams is almost 2 weeks, I probably won't have any time to devote on the Buffy flavour.

vector - "The only useful piece of information I have is that there's multiple scum groups. I was with the "vampire group;" I assume that implies we have more than one."
BxM - "certain items will be dropped in the game. I need to pick up 3 of them in order to win with the town. Anyone who picks one up before I get 3 is scum in my book." (more or less, sounds too intricate to be a lie)
NaR - "I can change that, though. Come out, Angelus. I can put you on the winning side."

There are no speculations about the screen names of BxM and NaR yet. Mister k mentioned it might only hurt town to speculate town roles.
There has been plenty of speculation re NaR. Try reading this: http://buffy.wikia.com/wiki/Angel
VectorZero wrote:SEXUAL INTERCOURSE DISGUSTS ME!
Spoiler:
Bulvox wrote:This is probably one of the few times that I'll agree with Cycoden on anything. I just wish that my brain worked like that.

mister k

Postby mister k » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:20 pm UTC

yay, discussion. This is just something that I've been considering re:speculation lately. I know the group concensus is currently that all speculation is all for the good, but I'm just wondering how much it will help the game. Speculating about the form of the scum is always going to be good- it won't give away information the scum won't know, and might inform town, as well as forcing scum to lie, which means they might get trapped in a mistake. I'm sure scum can make a mistake while talking about town roles, but I'm not sure how, certainly not in this set up anyway. I've seen a lot of theme day ones where everyone (including myself) spends most of their posts talking about what kind of roles town might have. The town have gained little from it, and the scum have succesfully produced content (big ol' spec posts) without actually helping at all.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:33 pm UTC

I guess what I was thinking is that throwing out a bunch of rolenames and their probable powers is just going to give scum more places to hide. Realistically, however, with the power of the Internet, no scum worth the name would have trouble coming up with a relatively obscure, but still somewhat likely role that they can fall back on. (Note that I was trying to avoid names and only speculate on possible roles among the various townies)

I'm not super expert at the flavor, but here's some spec about likely Townies

Buffy: Slayer (day and/or night kill, perhaps more -- particularly a probable masons with Xander and Willow and/or perhaps Giles)
Willow: Just about anything, due to magic, depending on where in the series she's been taken. Possible doctor. Some danger of a Dark Willow scenario
Xander: Possibly just vanilla, possibly some sort of investigator
Giles: Most probably an investigator of some sort
Tara: Lover for Willow. Her death would likely provoke the Dark Willow thing. Might have some minor magical power (limited-shot doctor?)
Anya: no ideas
Oz: werewolf -- maybe a night-kill to complement Buffy's daykill?
Riley: has access to military stuff, maybe a limited investigation, or a watcher/listener
Angel: says that he has messaging abilities
Faith: Slayer (day and/or night kill) - was never a team player, sometimes actively bad, but more often nominally town (possible indie, possible townie, unlikely scum unless SK)
Dawn: No ideas

There I have to pause, as getting into the less major characters is going to overburden my feeble knowledge.

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:39 pm UTC

cycoden wrote:
tastelikecoke wrote:Yes, It's very tough. Since our final exams is almost 2 weeks, I probably won't have any time to devote on the Buffy flavour.

There has been plenty of speculation re NaR. Try reading this: http://buffy.wikia.com/wiki/Angel

To help out the flavorchallenged players... re-ensouling Angel(us) is done with a spell. The spell requires some attributes (most notably an Orb of Thessalah) and someone who can cast it. Theoretically that could be a lot of people, but it is very likely that it is either Jenny Calendar (Wicca, IT teacher) if she is alive or Willow.

An no, I don't think that's helping out scum... everyone who knows (or reads up on) Buffy lore would know this from what has already been said in the thread.

I think it's useful to note that not everything is announced publically. For example, assuming NaR just used a spell, it was not announced. I guess that means there could be a whole lot of spell-casting (or other events) going on right under our noses, and we won't know until it kills someone.

Also, I have to admit that the rhyming made me paranoid. Even though I'm 80% sure that that was just people being funny.
Not A Raptor: Mav can be a very wily and dangerous player.
roband: Mav has a way of making everything seem right.
ELEPHANT SCIENCE - MORE ELEPHANT SCIENCE
- NEW: Elephant Math!

roband

Postby roband » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:44 pm UTC

Mavketl wrote:Also, I have to admit that the rhyming made me paranoid. Even though I'm 80% sure that that was just people being funny.

I can't speak for others, but I just like rhyming - any excuse and I'll do it.

tastelikecoke

Postby tastelikecoke » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:17 pm UTC

mavektl wrote:most notably an Orb of Thessalah

That sounds like an item, And BxM mentioned about "certain items". But I don't know, is this item fairly common?

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:20 pm UTC

No, it's a rare item.

It's possible that the mods decided not to include it, though... or that NaR has it already.

mister k

Postby mister k » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:42 pm UTC

Giles was using one as a paperweight. I'm not convinced they're THAT rare.

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:49 pm UTC

Hmm, maybe you're right. I remember the paperweight thing now...

Sorry about that.

vector

Postby vector » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:37 pm UTC

cycoden wrote:<Hypothetical Mod hat>
Spoiler:
vector wrote:Alrighty, I've swapped. The only useful piece of information I have is that there's multiple scum groups. I was with the "vampire group;" I assume that implies we have more than one.

So. Party starting... now. Back eventually with reads.
If I were mod, I would take a very dim view of a player acting in direct contradiction to their current win condition (ie: players should not seek to be converted to a win condition that is the enemy of their current win condition) - although perhaps Angel(us)'s win condition is not what I might have expected.

</Mod hat>

Vector: As angelus, were you aware of the identity of other vampires (from your post, I am assuming the answer is no, but I'd appreciate if you could confirm this)?

Just playing to win, my good fellow.

And no, I don't know about the identity of any other vampires at this time. Sorry =/ I'm being totally useless.
Come visit the Bay12 Mafia subforum: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?board=20.0

ameretrifle
Vera

Postby ameretrifle » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:39 pm UTC

"Guys! Guys!" Willow cried, rushing into the library. "The Gym!"

"Oh god, has it blown up," said Buffy.

"Oh, god, has it blown up?" said Xander, hopefully.

"No, no, come and see!!" Grabbing her friends' wrists, she dragged them across the campus, to where students were gathered around a message that was scrawled in big, red letters across the wall.

The Wall wrote:ThinkSweet is scum.

"...Is that blood?" said Xander, voice a bit faint.

Giles touched it delicately, sniffing one of his fingers. "Strawberry jam," he corrected.

"That handwriting..." Buffy said, sounding troubled. "It looks familiar."

Still confused by the mysterious message, the students returned to their daily activities, wondering where the message had come from, and if they should heed its words....

roband

Postby roband » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:41 pm UTC

May I be the first to say, wow.

I wasn't expecting anything like this. Obviously we can't immediately trust this, anyone with flavour knowledge know of anything like this happening in the show?

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:44 pm UTC

I can't remember any incident like that happening in Buffy, so I don't think that will tell us much.

However, the handwriting looked familiar... and I can't imagine a whole lot of baddies writing letters to Buffy or anything. So it'll probably be a townie who left us that.

mister k

Postby mister k » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:46 pm UTC

mysterious messages written on the wall in jam? No, no particular show source springs to mind. This could be a public day cop, or it could be someone with the ability to send messages messing with us. I'm actually partially inclined to trust it- I'm not ready for day 1 to end, but an anonymous cop of someone who has failed to post yet? The utility of it being right is awesome, the utility of it being wrong is a dead towny. Unless said wall has the power to work out that think sweet is an awesome town role, it might be worth it...

ahippo

Postby ahippo » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:30 pm UTC

I would lean more towards, trust it, than disregard it. I'm gonna wait for ThinkSweet's response first. I think though, Mavketl had a good point. If Buffy knows the handwriting it may be townie. In fact (as this just occurred to me as I was writing this message) it could have been Willow. I mean, she was the one who brought it to them.

Return to “Mafia”