[L] Buffy Mafia - Game Over: Chosen

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 1: Welcome to the Hellmouth

Postby Brooklynxman » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:32 am UTC

EBWOP:
[quote]Although initially starting off as a seemingly good natured individual, Amy gradually grows to misuse magic throughout her appearances on the show, eventually ending up following in her mother's footsteps and even surpassing her.[/quote

Also random fact of the day: The actress who played Amy, who was a rat for 3 seasons, is allergic to cheese. Yeah yeah the cheese is mice. I know.
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 1: Welcome to the Hellmouth

Postby Brooklynxman » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:34 am UTC

EBWOPP: Actually, this development (assuming it is true) makes AS's cop a fake. Not that it matters at this point.
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 1: Welcome to the Hellmouth

Postby Dr Ug » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:19 am UTC

Unless she's not a lyncher and is actually evil-Amy. That would make the claim very strange, but then wine and all that.

I really don't know whether to lynch krong or not at this point. I don't have time to think enough about it right now, so I'll hold off revoting for now, and hope for some divine inspiration.
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 1: Welcome to the Hellmouth

Postby Brooklynxman » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:17 am UTC

Krong: What is your win condition?
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
mister k
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:28 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 1: Welcome to the Hellmouth

Postby mister k » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:04 am UTC

Why would krong pick Amy as a false claim? A quick wiki would tell him that she's not the greatest of characters. I have to admit if I had to guess Amy, I'd go independent almost definitely, but pre-rat (which she did indeed do to herself, during season 3 to avoid a burning) she was basically a good guy. In the unlikely event that her mother was in the game then she might be dual personality. Still, I don't know, I guess krong could be independent claiming town, but meh.

I'm getting a little suspicious of brook, who is pushing hard for a lynch. From a meta sort of perspective, it'd be nuts for scum to do that, except Brook is an exceptionally good player, and might do it because he knows that scum doesn't do that.
Elvish Pillager wrote:you're basically a daytime-miller: you always come up as guilty to scumdar.

User avatar
Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!
Posts: 464
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:34 pm UTC
Location: Groningen City

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 1: Welcome to the Hellmouth

Postby Mavketl » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:29 am UTC

Krong wrote:I'm Amy Madison.
Lataro: did your role PM give you 'Willow' or 'Willow Rosenberg'?

(Because I'm pretty sure even half of the hardcore fans don't know Amy's last name, and that makes it look like a saving-your-ass-with-a-wiki to me.)

Krong wrote:(Mavketl) Voted for me only on the Angel-flavor point
Actually, I suggested that we should kill you because of the Haxil Beast dangers. I didn't yet cast a vote in that post, because I wanted to wait and see what others thought about it. That, plus the cop, plus the later indications that you might've been lying erased all doubt for me, so I voted. And I know that even all those reasons don't logically make it 100% sure that you are scum, but the more I see this developing, the more convinced I get. At this point, I'd be happy to 'risk' falseclaiming an investigation, I'm that sure I'm right. (I won't, if people aren't going to trust AS's cop, there is no reason to believe mine would help.)

Krong wrote:I'm getting a little suspicious of brook, who is pushing hard for a lynch. From a meta sort of perspective, it'd be nuts for scum to do that, except Brook is an exceptionally good player, and might do it because he knows that scum doesn't do that.
I'm sorry, but if D1 ends with 11 pages after 11 days, I don't think anyone has been pushing anything. That is not to say that we should just stop talking and thinking, but I wouldn't suspect BXM for being scummy because he wants to get a lynch in. Maybe he is one of the people who have more information than the rest of us, and he already knows what 'should' happen and it's annoying that we all want to see more proof and dwell on it some longer? (Which makes sense from the less-knowledgeable townie perspective, of course.)
Not A Raptor: Mav can be a very wily and dangerous player.
roband: Mav has a way of making everything seem right.
ELEPHANT SCIENCE - MORE ELEPHANT SCIENCE
- NEW: Elephant Math!

cycoden
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 9:21 am UTC
Location: Melbourne

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 1: Welcome to the Hellmouth

Postby cycoden » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:25 am UTC

Mavketl wrote:
Krong wrote:I'm Amy Madison.
Lataro: did your role PM give you 'Willow' or 'Willow Rosenberg'?

(Because I'm pretty sure even half of the hardcore fans don't know Amy's last name, and that makes it look like a saving-your-ass-with-a-wiki to me.)
On the other hand, I'm pretty sure anyone receiving 'Willow' as a role can work out what it is, whereas a mod would probably feel the need to specify full names for lesser known characters.

However, BXM has beaten me to the punch: I'd also like to know if Krong's win condition is more than just 'town' (as he claims), and what makes his role special...

Also, makvetl, did you mean to quote Mr K?

Brooklynxman wrote:EBWOPP: Actually, this development (assuming it is true) makes AS's cop a fake. Not that it matters at this point.
Or insane, or it detected the demon within - actually:

Krong, when AS announced her investigation result, had you been impregnated already?
VectorZero wrote:SEXUAL INTERCOURSE DISGUSTS ME!
Spoiler:
Bulvox wrote:This is probably one of the few times that I'll agree with Cycoden on anything. I just wish that my brain worked like that.

User avatar
Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!
Posts: 464
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:34 pm UTC
Location: Groningen City

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 1: Welcome to the Hellmouth

Postby Mavketl » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:36 am UTC

cycoden wrote:
Mavketl wrote:
Krong wrote:I'm Amy Madison.
Lataro: did your role PM give you 'Willow' or 'Willow Rosenberg'?

(Because I'm pretty sure even half of the hardcore fans don't know Amy's last name, and that makes it look like a saving-your-ass-with-a-wiki to me.)
On the other hand, I'm pretty sure anyone receiving 'Willow' as a role can work out what it is, whereas a mod would probably feel the need to specify full names for lesser known characters.
Well, I'd be happy to ask the same of other people, but Willow is our confirmed townie, so it's not a give-away to scum. If anyone wants to go ahead and say whether they received a full name or just a first name (without disclosing your role), I guess that works too. And eh, I came up with that question because I only received a first name, where a first & last name would have been perfectly appropriate. I'm not anything near Willow's fame.

cycoden wrote:Also, makvetl, did you mean to quote Mr K?
Eep! Yes! Sorry for the mix-up.
Not A Raptor: Mav can be a very wily and dangerous player.
roband: Mav has a way of making everything seem right.
ELEPHANT SCIENCE - MORE ELEPHANT SCIENCE
- NEW: Elephant Math!

User avatar
Adacore
Posts: 2755
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:35 pm UTC
Location: 한국 창원

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 1: Welcome to the Hellmouth

Postby Adacore » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:45 am UTC

Just to be clear, most role PMs used the character's most common given name (for example 'Xander', as opposed to 'Alexander Harris'). This varies depending on the role: it could be a first name ('Willow'), a surname ('Giles'), a nickname ('Xander') or a combination. There is no strict format.

I'm not a fan of trying to divine information from the exact phrasing of role PMs - that's why the 'no quoting modly PMs' rule exists, so don't do it!

User avatar
AngrySquirrel
Hellish Sex Goddess
Posts: 1005
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:26 am UTC
Location: The Northpole

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 1: Welcome to the Hellmouth

Postby AngrySquirrel » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:49 am UTC

Mavketl wrote:Well, I'd be happy to ask the same of other people, but Willow is our confirmed townie, so it's not a give-away to scum. If anyone wants to go ahead and say whether they received a full name or just a first name (without disclosing your role), I guess that works too. And eh, I came up with that question because I only received a first name, where a first & last name would have been perfectly appropriate. I'm not anything near Willow's fame.

I recieved both a first and last name if that's any help.

Ninja'd by mod.

Also, this.
Brooklynxman wrote:Krong: What is your win condition?
Putting the fist into pacifist.

they/them/theirs

User avatar
Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!
Posts: 464
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:34 pm UTC
Location: Groningen City

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 1: Welcome to the Hellmouth

Postby Mavketl » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:51 am UTC

Alright, I guess that's a dead end, then.

@modpost: sorry, I didn't realize this was off-limits. I'll let it go.
Not A Raptor: Mav can be a very wily and dangerous player.
roband: Mav has a way of making everything seem right.
ELEPHANT SCIENCE - MORE ELEPHANT SCIENCE
- NEW: Elephant Math!

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 1: Welcome to the Hellmouth

Postby mpolo » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:04 am UTC

There have been a couple of false attributions in quoting -- no time now to check, but I wondered if they were both commited by Makvetl. (For the possibility of a post-restriction of a somewhat strange sort… or something else…) They are probably innocent mistakes, but I thought worth pointing out.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!
Posts: 464
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:34 pm UTC
Location: Groningen City

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 1: Welcome to the Hellmouth

Postby Mavketl » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:08 pm UTC

Heh. I think this was my first quote attribution mistake, but I'll make sure it does not happen again. :P
Not A Raptor: Mav can be a very wily and dangerous player.
roband: Mav has a way of making everything seem right.
ELEPHANT SCIENCE - MORE ELEPHANT SCIENCE
- NEW: Elephant Math!

User avatar
MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:38 pm UTC
Location: C̶a̶l̶i̶f̶o̶r̶n̶i̶a̶ Beautiful

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 1: Welcome to the Hellmouth

Postby MasterOfAll » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:11 pm UTC

The previous false attributing was by Dr Ug, giving me credit for a Krong quote. I really don't think there is any chance that either was anything other than an honest mistake. The things you kids these days think might be some sort of post restrictions!

So, yeah, it seems to me that if Krong was making stuff up to keep from getting lynched he wouldn't have thought of claiming to have been impregnated by a demon, and especially not one from Angel when the mods specifically stated those aspects of the Buffyverse had been removed. Also, it seems to me that if he was picking a character off the wiki to false claim he would have selected someone less evil. Which leads me to believe he has been telling the truth. Of course, making him our D1 lynch may still be the best thing to do. I'm just not going to be surprised if the mods tell us that we lynched Amy Madison, who was town, with a Haxil Beast growing inside her.
Kipper wrote:SERIOUSLY. Listen to MoA, he knows his stuff. . . High five MoA!
(not funny, but true)
ameretrifle wrote:MoA is an astute logician and is, in fact, directly related to Sherlock Holmes on his mother's side.
(ditto for this one)

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 1: Welcome to the Hellmouth

Postby mpolo » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:42 pm UTC

O.K. I just noticed that it happened twice and wanted to be sure there wasn't a pattern. I agree that both were harmless slips.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Van
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:15 pm UTC
Location: 39.74, -105.12ish

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 1: Welcome to the Hellmouth

Postby Van » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:03 pm UTC

Well, okay. There's a good chance Krong may be a rat that is pregnant with a demon.

If we take everything said to be the truth, Krong is either a power role of some nature, or a rat, and is also pregnant with a demon, and is either an independent (the writeup really looks like it could be SK) or town. But probably not scum, I'm not really seeing any links to vampires or demons directly from her bio. Which doesn't mesh with the giftcop!

If Lataro can't de-pregnate, I think we're best off just lynching Krong. No potential for demons, and it also clears up if future gifts would be trustworthy or not. If he can, I.. don't know. Lynching would still clear up some stuff, and using Lataro's Wishspellcast on something like this may not be the best course of action.

Schrodinger's "I told you so" moment for later: this is SO a MC.
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

User avatar
Van
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:15 pm UTC
Location: 39.74, -105.12ish

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 1: Welcome to the Hellmouth

Postby Van » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:28 pm UTC

waaaaaaaaaaaait. I ended up clicking on the skinless boyfriend out of morbid curiosity
Warren and his friends Jonathan Levinson and Andrew Wells formed the Trio, a supervillain team planning to taking over Sunnydale.
Krong's boyfriend is a member of the trio! Or.. is if the character is from the latter seasons. And if the Trio is in, it appears to chronologically require that Amy Madison would be "bad" by that point.

After further review: Willow is fucking scary, and it seems like Amy Madison would either be linked to the Trio or actively involved somehow. Unless I'm missing something, she's involved with the Trio from the very beginning of it. Of them.

To restate that, why are we not lynching Krong right now? Is there any good reason?
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 1: Welcome to the Hellmouth

Postby roband » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:44 pm UTC

Like I said before, no matter which way you look at it, the lynch is good for town.

Krong has done his defence, it depends what everyone else thinks

User avatar
Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!
Posts: 464
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:34 pm UTC
Location: Groningen City

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 1: Welcome to the Hellmouth

Postby Mavketl » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:53 pm UTC

Van wrote:...Krong's boyfriend...

Mod: Should we expect flavour and roles from only the television series, or also the comics?

Van wrote:To restate that, why are we not lynching Krong right now? Is there any good reason?
Well, no. Unless you believe that he's very useful for town, to the extent that Willow should her powers keeping Krong alive. I can't see Amy in that role, even if she is town (which I kind of doubt).
Not A Raptor: Mav can be a very wily and dangerous player.
roband: Mav has a way of making everything seem right.
ELEPHANT SCIENCE - MORE ELEPHANT SCIENCE
- NEW: Elephant Math!

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 1: Welcome to the Hellmouth

Postby Dr Ug » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:29 pm UTC

I must say the points for lynching very much outweight those against.

Why we should lynch:

1) krong was playing it safe early D1
2) AS has claimed a one-use cop saying he was scum (scum, not mafia - scum can be taken to mean "anti-town", and in fact that is how I use the term)
3) krong has claimed Amy - a character with dubious alignment, and possible associations with the trio
4) Amy likely has powers - and the more powers she has, the more likely she is to be evil
5) krong has claimed to have a demon baby inside her, that will pop out tomorrow - at best this is flavour for a delayed kill. At worst, this is a cult.

Reasons against:

1) krong may have some powers useful to town.

Therefore:

Vote: krong
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 1: Welcome to the Hellmouth

Postby Brooklynxman » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:34 pm UTC

Vote: Krong

If I'm not already.
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
ahippo
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:33 am UTC
Location: Madison, Wisconsin

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 1: Welcome to the Hellmouth

Postby ahippo » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:38 pm UTC

Actually I'm pretty sure you're voting me. Didn't you state earlier that you didn't think I was vampire and you didn't think I was Trio? Or did I read that wrong? Not too important. I just want to know what you think I am. And I know you would never forget about me. Obviously, from previous stated reasons my vote is staying. Especially considering who he claimed. I don't really think Amy is a town character.

User avatar
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 1: Welcome to the Hellmouth

Postby Brooklynxman » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:43 pm UTC

ahippo wrote:Actually I'm pretty sure you're voting me. Didn't you state earlier that you didn't think I was vampire and you didn't think I was Trio? Or did I read that wrong? Not too important. I just want to know what you think I am. And I know you would never forget about me. Obviously, from previous stated reasons my vote is staying. Especially considering who he claimed. I don't really think Amy is a town character.


Amy isn't a town character. I think you are trio.

Unvote

Vote: Krong
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Lataro
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:56 am UTC

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 1: Welcome to the Hellmouth

Postby Lataro » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:08 pm UTC

Well... that is hammer...
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

User avatar
ameretrifle
Vera
Posts: 814
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:32 am UTC
Location: Canada (the flat bit)

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 1: Welcome to the Hellmouth

Postby ameretrifle » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:22 pm UTC

Votals:

11 Krong (AngrySquirrel, mpolo, ahippo, Not A Raptor, mister k, Mavketl, roband, tastelikecoke, ThinkSweet, Dr Ug, Brooklynxman)
1 AngrySquirrel (Krong)

21 players, 11 to lynch.

--

"Uh... guys?" said Willow. "There's a bunch of people with torches and pitchforks over there, and it's really kinda giving me flashbacks."

Buffy blinked; indeed, the dark smoke of the torches was clearly visible in the strong California afternoon sunlight. "Oh, god, I hope they're not burning witches again."

Willow whimpered as the Scoobies hurried to investigate.

"Scum!!" someone was yelling. "I don't know what you are, but you're totally evil!! Hang her!!"

"Wait, c'mon, you wouldn't kill a lady with child, would you??"

"...You said it was a demon!!"

"...Well, yeah, but--"

"LYNCH HER!!" yelled the mob, and within moments, they had.

"...Okay, that is NOT normal," said Xander, agape.

"...Is it kinda wrong for me to be glad they're taking some initiative?" said Buffy.

"Yes," said Giles.

"Meanie," said Buffy. "You and your British lack of all things fun."

"I believe Ethan would deny that it is a national trait," said Giles, dryly.

"Maybe a librarian thing?"

"..."

There was a faint shimmer in the sky.

"Well, guess it's about time for me to clock in," said Buffy. "Mom'll kill me if I'm not home for dinner-- see you guys tonight."

Slowly, the crowd departed to their various nocturnal activities-- but even the most blind of Sunnydale's residents knew the night would be every bit as eventful as the day...

--

Krong has been lynched. The coroner's report on his death will be available within 24 hours. It is now Night.

20 players, 11 to lynch.

User avatar
Adacore
Posts: 2755
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:35 pm UTC
Location: 한국 창원

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Night 1: Out of Mind, Out of Sight

Postby Adacore » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:59 pm UTC

From Night 1 on we will be enforcing a 10-day deadline, as mentioned in the rules, unless there is a good reason for an extension. There will be a 14-day hard deadline. This means that Night 1 has a deadline of Saturday 16th October, 22:00 UTC.

20 players, 11 to lynch.

User avatar
MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:38 pm UTC
Location: C̶a̶l̶i̶f̶o̶r̶n̶i̶a̶ Beautiful

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Night 1: Out of Mind, Out of Sight

Postby MasterOfAll » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:12 pm UTC

So, anybody have anything to talk about? So we aren't just waiting for NK's to happen and the subsequent reports from the mods?

I want to get more info before really discussing who to lynch tonight, but I don't want the game to bog down. So, any ideas?
Kipper wrote:SERIOUSLY. Listen to MoA, he knows his stuff. . . High five MoA!
(not funny, but true)
ameretrifle wrote:MoA is an astute logician and is, in fact, directly related to Sherlock Holmes on his mother's side.
(ditto for this one)

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Night 1: Out of Mind, Out of Sight

Postby Dr Ug » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:27 am UTC

It's kinda annoying that we have to wait 24hrs for the info on krong - I think that will just delay most discussion until then...

My suspicions from yesterday are unchanged (largely because we have no new info yet). My next most suspicious person is ahippo.
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Night 1: Out of Mind, Out of Sight

Postby Brooklynxman » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:05 am UTC

My suspicion is the same as well. Waiting on coroner.
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
ThinkSweet
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:04 am UTC
Location: Australia

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 1: Welcome to the Hellmouth

Postby ThinkSweet » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:14 am UTC

Agreed, we could start looking more closely at ahippo, since a few people have expressed suspicions so far. Also why Van didn't end up voting after posting this (bolding mine):
Van wrote:waaaaaaaaaaaait. I ended up clicking on the skinless boyfriend out of morbid curiosity
Warren and his friends Jonathan Levinson and Andrew Wells formed the Trio, a supervillain team planning to taking over Sunnydale.
Krong's boyfriend is a member of the trio! Or.. is if the character is from the latter seasons. And if the Trio is in, it appears to chronologically require that Amy Madison would be "bad" by that point.

After further review: Willow is fucking scary, and it seems like Amy Madison would either be linked to the Trio or actively involved somehow. Unless I'm missing something, she's involved with the Trio from the very beginning of it. Of them.

To restate that, why are we not lynching Krong right now? Is there any good reason?

But if people want to wait for the coroner, I'll just go for a walk and come back tomorrow ...

I look good at night ;)
</rant>

User avatar
AngrySquirrel
Hellish Sex Goddess
Posts: 1005
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:26 am UTC
Location: The Northpole

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Night 1: Out of Mind, Out of Sight

Postby AngrySquirrel » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:17 am UTC

Yes, I don't have much new to contribute with until the coroner's report comes back. There are some people I suspect more than others, and I'll provide a list of them and the reasons why if I get time later. For now however I'm just waiting on what the mods will say about Krong, as that's likely to influence my opinion on people.

Although, seeing as I expect to die soonish I'll post this list here:
Misnomer
Mr Pete
Two-Fry/ElectricHaze
Van
Dark Loink

These are the people I intend to take a closer look at no matter what Krong comes back as, due to them either having pinged my scumdar on day 1 or because I've simply forgotten that they are in the game (usually a bad sign). I have yet to make up my mind about where to place them on the scum/town-scale but I am thinking that they at any rate need a closer inspection.
Putting the fist into pacifist.

they/them/theirs

User avatar
ahippo
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:33 am UTC
Location: Madison, Wisconsin

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Night 1: Out of Mind, Out of Sight

Postby ahippo » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:56 am UTC

Ok guys. I realize that It may look bad since I was so skeptical of Lataro and ThinkSweet. But can anyone blame me for being the only one who even questioned that? As painful as this is to say... I might have been wrong. *winces* And I know that saying that is begging for you guys to say that I'm just saying that to seem more townie. But yes. I MAY HAVE BEEN WRONG. Provided I'm not entirely sure yet, but I'm not as convinced as I once was. Please. I'm asking you to consider my posts carefully before voting. Look at it from BOTH perspectives.

To clarify.

1. What I meant I may have been wrong about is Lataro and ThinkSweet claims.
2. I definitely think that Krong was scum and I wasn't just voting for him because of the Haxil Beast.

User avatar
ElectricHaze
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:54 am UTC

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Night 1: Out of Mind, Out of Sight

Postby ElectricHaze » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:14 am UTC

Well the Lataro claim is hard to question. I think we would have seen a quick counterclaim there if he was lying. I believe he reensouled TS. Though I'm still skeptical on whether that makes her town, or did something different. I still think the tone in your posts regarding that topic seems scummy, but it really isn't much to go on. I think we need to wait to see krong's alignment and such. It will be our best source of info so far.
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.

User avatar
Van
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:15 pm UTC
Location: 39.74, -105.12ish

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Night 1: Out of Mind, Out of Sight

Postby Van » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:02 am UTC

Here's me being annoyed: Why did no one point out the insanity behind Krong's defense (and no, the insanity defense isn't flying here). "Derrr I don't know if a character that minor would be in", how about "regardless of her being in, he's either lying (and almost certain scum) or telling the truth (and almost certainly hostile)". Your knowledge may be helping you, but it ain't doing jack for us.
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

User avatar
ahippo
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:33 am UTC
Location: Madison, Wisconsin

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Night 1: Out of Mind, Out of Sight

Postby ahippo » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:05 am UTC

ElectricHaze wrote: I think we would have seen a quick counterclaim there if he was lying.


He did say he would kill the person who claimed. That's not too conducive to a counter-claim if there was going to be one.

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Night 1: Out of Mind, Out of Sight

Postby Dr Ug » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:29 am UTC

Van wrote:Here's me being annoyed: Why did no one point out the insanity behind Krong's defense (and no, the insanity defense isn't flying here). "Derrr I don't know if a character that minor would be in", how about "regardless of her being in, he's either lying (and almost certain scum) or telling the truth (and almost certainly hostile)". Your knowledge may be helping you, but it ain't doing jack for us.
I thought several people pointed this out... Some people used this to mean "he can't be lying", others (like me) used it like you're using it.]

Here is the first few I found just scrolling back in the thread, including one by you:
Spoiler:
Dr Ug wrote:3) krong has claimed Amy - a character with dubious alignment, and possible associations with the trio
Van wrote:Krong's boyfriend is a member of the trio! Or.. is if the character is from the latter seasons. And if the Trio is in, it appears to chronologically require that Amy Madison would be "bad" by that point.
MasterOfAll wrote:Also, it seems to me that if he was picking a character off the wiki to false claim he would have selected someone less evil. Which leads me to believe he has been telling the truth.
mister k wrote:Why would krong pick Amy as a false claim? A quick wiki would tell him that she's not the greatest of characters. I have to admit if I had to guess Amy, I'd go independent almost definitely, but pre-rat (which she did indeed do to herself, during season 3 to avoid a burning) she was basically a good guy. In the unlikely event that her mother was in the game then she might be dual personality. Still, I don't know, I guess krong could be independent claiming town, but meh.
Brooklynxman wrote:Although initially starting off as a seemingly good natured individual, Amy gradually grows to misuse magic throughout her appearances on the show, eventually ending up following in her mother's footsteps and even surpassing her.
Brooklynxman wrote:At best Amy would be a Willow lyncher.

At worst I could see your goal being to turn Willow evil.

And you have the magic to do so (if you have even half willow's power, I already have a couple of ways to go about that).

And now you have been impregnated with evil.
I'm not sure what your point is...
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
ameretrifle
Vera
Posts: 814
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:32 am UTC
Location: Canada (the flat bit)

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Night 1: Out of Mind, Out of Sight

Postby ameretrifle » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:38 am UTC

Bundled up in a fluffy red sweater, Buffy headed out into the chilly October night. It shouldn't have been that cold-- this was southern California, after all-- but there was a wind stirring up the trash and dead leaves of the alley, cold and sharp. A little too cold and sharp. Buffy didn't trust it in the slightest. She'd have to talk to Giles about it in the morning... and wasn't there something else Giles had been saying? Something about the stars...

She shook her head; she had enough problems here on earth. Namely, patrolling. The graveyard was obviously near the top of her vamp haunts to-- well-- haunt, but the Bronze was also a big hangout, and-- she had a feeling she should check there first.

The bouncers knew her by now; it was always pretty easy to get in. "And then she brought the exact same bag--" a familiar voice was saying. Willow and Xander were at one of the tables-- had they been supposed to meet up here? Had she forgotten?-- and the band was getting ready on the stage--

--and a white curtain fell behind them, with words written on it in red.
"ThinkSweet is not Spike"

It wasn't blood, she discovered; since Giles wasn't around, she could admit to knowing that it was actually red wine.

"This again?" Xander complained.

"I know this handwriting," said Buffy, troubled. "I know I know this handwriting..."

"There's, uh, not exactly a lot of it," Willow pointed out.

Buffy shook her head; she wasn't in the mood to try to justify it. Something seriously weird was going on here, and she knew it. "I've got to get to work," she said, and pushed her way out through the murmuring crowd.

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Night 1: Out of Mind, Out of Sight

Postby Dr Ug » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:44 am UTC

That is looking more like a lyncher at work to me...
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
ThinkSweet
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:04 am UTC
Location: Australia

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 1: Welcome to the Hellmouth

Postby ThinkSweet » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:46 am UTC

Lataro wrote:I received every indication that the spell worked properly, the only piece of info I didn't receive, for balance reasons I believe, is the exact effect having his soul back would have on Spike. I did effectively get it confirmed though that TS was spike via the flavor I received.

Sounds like the jam/wine is someone with an insane investigation ... or a Spike lyncher.
</rant>

User avatar
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Night 1: Out of Mind, Out of Sight

Postby Brooklynxman » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:51 am UTC

Could it be Giles since he isn't here?

Could the real Spike stand up if this is true?

Could the person writing these messages TELL US WHO YOU ARE....by which I mean role and then I realize that is probably not a good idea. Carry on. But don't waste perfectly good red wine. Seriously.

Lataro: did you re-ensoul TS specifically or Spike (which name did you use in the spell).
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Image


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests