[L] Buffy Mafia - Game Over: Chosen

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

ahippo

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 3: Normal Again

Postby ahippo » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:08 pm UTC

I've got one that sounds like it might fit the bill. I'll give it a shot.

How did I get ninja'd in such a short post?

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:11 pm UTC

If there's any chance of a cult, we have to take it out now.

Also, I am not glory.
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

cycoden

Postby cycoden » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:24 pm UTC

Whichever way this goes, I doubt I will be alive for much longer (thanks, Brook for kindly backing me into this corner). So I'll share what I know:

I am Oz.

I can confirm that there is at least one other werewolf in this game. Veruca - I want her dead. I have a nightly investigation, which returns Werewolf/Not Werewolf. The two investigations I have undertaken so far returned Not Werewolf. The flavour provided in my role PM implies that veruca is a cult leader, and that I can identify her by her alluring husky scent of rancid meat.

So, yeah. The chances of me finding veruca before veruca finds me seem rather slim now. Therefore I'd appreciate some sort of protection tonight if there is any to be had...

FYI, I need to sleep now, I should be able to post again tomorrow evening.
VectorZero wrote:SEXUAL INTERCOURSE DISGUSTS ME!
Spoiler:
Bulvox wrote:This is probably one of the few times that I'll agree with Cycoden on anything. I just wish that my brain worked like that.

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:59 pm UTC

cycoden wrote:Whichever way this goes, I doubt I will be alive for much longer (thanks, Brook for kindly backing me into this corner). So I'll share what I know:

I am Oz.

I can confirm that there is at least one other werewolf in this game. Veruca - I want her dead. I have a nightly investigation, which returns Werewolf/Not Werewolf. The two investigations I have undertaken so far returned Not Werewolf. The flavour provided in my role PM implies that veruca is a cult leader, and that I can identify her by her alluring husky scent of rancid meat.

So, yeah. The chances of me finding veruca before veruca finds me seem rather slim now. Therefore I'd appreciate some sort of protection tonight if there is any to be had...

FYI, I need to sleep now, I should be able to post again tomorrow evening.

Vote: cycoden

I checked Oz, not Veruca, and what I got sounded all bad.

No mention of Veruca or werewolf wars or anything like what you said. At best you want to kill yourself, and don't seem to have been trying very hard this game. At worst, it sounded like you might be the cult leader.
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:

roband

Postby roband » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:02 pm UTC

Lots of discussion, this is good. And we finally shifted Van, relief.

Ok, let me start by saying that I am town. I have a role which has been mentioned a few times, but nothing useful seems to have come of it (frustratingly) which is why I haven't claimed/led any lynches.

Obviously Misnomer claims not to be Glory as well (unsurprisingly) but what I find suspicious is that mpolo is the one who put it out there about one of us being that role.
He (assuming, apologies if 'she') might be overeager to point out possible people with that role, due to his name also not having a role next to it on his list.
mpolo wrote:Surviving players

1. ThinkSweet -claimed Spike, claimed Town
2. Dr Ug
3. mister k
4. mpolo
5. Misnomer
6. Brooklynxman -claimed Dawn, claimed pro-Town
7. Dark Loink -under heavy suspicion N2
8. vector MasterOfAll -claimed Angel, claimed Town
10. Two-Fry ElectricHaze
11. ahippo -claimed Jonathan, claimed Town
12. cycoden -investigated Werewolf
13. roband

The thing about flavour challenged is a fairly weak argument, apart from the fact that I knew enough about the flavour to pick up on Brook being Dawn, it could be that mpolo is the one we're looking for.

The way I see it, maybe he got lucky in finding Dawn and targetting her (him, Brook). This made Buffy step in (as bodyguard for Dawn - please tell me if I'm misunderstanding that role?) to be the one to take the hit and die.
Now, this leaves mpolo as Glory and Brook still alive as Dawn. And mpolo realllllly wants to not get lynched this day, so that he can take Brook/Dawn out tonight, now that he/she is without the protection of Buffy. Thus gaining Glory her win status of taking out Dawn (my presumption).

As I've said, I'm town and will claim my role if enough people want me to. But it's not going to help us right now.

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:03 pm UTC

Also, you have never even used the word cult up till now. Nice job trying to warn us. Early game spec you could have asked for potential cults, or lead us to it in various other ways which would involve multiple people and not make you look like you had inside info. You didn't.

Spoiler:

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:06 pm UTC

EBWOP: I will prophecy check Jonathan tomorrow to super-confirm he is town now. If anyone would rather I check someone else, by all means, suggest away.

Spoiler:

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:50 pm UTC

I say flavor-challenged because we have one person a cycle reporting that he/she had a memory loss, and Brook reported the memory loss right before we had the big "Glory tries to kill Dawn and Buffy jumps in and saves her". I knew way back that Brook was Dawn. I have been leaving his role out of all my lists because I was sure of this identification, and was convinced by Brook's statement that "it would be bad for a townie" if he died that Buffy would suffer from his death. I won't claim to have foreseen the death of Buffy -- I thought she'd be roleblocked or something. Although, I probably should have foreseen Buffy's death based on the series. My logic (which might be flawed) was that anyone who was unfamiliar with the material enough not to catch on about Brook's role, especially after AS and I both hinted that we knew, is probably the same person who had to check 5 other people before finding Dawn. Maybe Glory's "investigation" was randomized, so that it was a matter of time before she could make her move. In any case, I am tending to think that Misnomer is Glory at the moment.

I haven't claimed a role, and don't think that would be helpful to the town at the moment. Much as you didn't claim a role right now. (I now have a guess on you as well, if that matters.)

Stopping cult is first priority. And now the Sumerian scrolls have told Dawn that Oz is bad news and cycoden has claimed to be Oz. I'm going to trust Dawn and

Presumably this means he was taken from somewhere before the series, before he did his meditation thing.
Image <-- Evil experiment

roband

Postby roband » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:58 pm UTC

Stopping cult is the priority, but also we have to think about the fact that we're now in Day 3. That means that any potential cult has 2 more people (recruited N1&2) than the original cult master.

Based on the number of people who have died already (and who haven't turned up looking wolfy), combined with the fact that I doubt vamps can be bitten and recruited (so we're looking at just humans), I am trusting no-one right now.

I know I'm human, town and not part of the cult. No-one else is confirmed as that.
The closest I have is spike. Who is vamp, 90%-likely town and (hopefully) unrecruitable.

I don't like this position for town.

roband

Postby roband » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:02 pm UTC

Double post, sorry but more thoughts.

I really shouldn't have outed myself as town. It's possible that the cult think I might be vamp and not worth culting and the vamps might think... oh I don't know.

All I know is that I'm likely to die soonish, I really suspect I could be the last town role who is still town. Apart from Dawn/Brook I suppose.

Hopefully I can be of some help at some point later in this 'day'

roband

Postby roband » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:58 pm UTC

Triple post, but I'm pretty unhappy with my position now, so here it is:

I have just gotten back the results of my night action, which (even worse) than those on N1 do not tell me anything even remotely useful.
Looking back it could be that I was slow to get the action in, either that or the game mechanics just don't work as I expect them to. I fear it's the former.

Even if 3 or 4 of you claimed unculted town right now (we'd need at least that many for even one of us to see the endgame at this rate, I think), I wouldn't trust you and I don't see that this game is going to any other way than vamps vs wolves (ameretrifle, you ever written any Twilight fanfic? :P).

I want to have the balls to say that I'm going to claim, but I don't know whether I should tell you what my targets/results from N1 and N2 were.

I don't even know that I want to claim to be honest, it's selfish but it's not going to further my part in the game.

ameretrifle
Vera

Postby ameretrifle » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:22 pm UTC

roband wrote:(ameretrifle, you ever written any Twilight fanfic? :P)

wat

WHAT

ROCKS FALL ROBAND DIES

Er, I mean... NO I *^*#^%)^*ING HAVE NOT.

And you had best not bring up the topic again. ;)

seriously, adacore's access is iffy for a few days, you don't want to toy with me on this. ;D

roband

Postby roband » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:32 pm UTC

Haha. So you agree that the game's going that way then?

</trying to get the mod to help me personally>

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:37 pm UTC

I am starting to think a mass claim may be our only way out of this, then again, I am almost certainly a dead man, so.....nothing to lose from over here.

Spoiler:

roband

Postby roband » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:39 pm UTC

Brooklynxman wrote:I am starting to think a mass claim may be our only way out of this, then again, I am almost certainly a dead man, so.....nothing to lose from over here.

I certainly reckon it's us against the world.

Do you think I should reveal my targets/results or let this lot go fang to fang?

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:47 pm UTC

roband wrote:Haha. So you agree that the game's going that way then?

</trying to get the mod to help me personally>

Mentioning the murderer of vampires that is Ste**anie M***r (as far as I am concerned that name is the foulest curse ever devised) is supposed to get the mod of a BUFFY game on your side? *shakes head*

amt: I apologize for my fellow (hopefully) human's ignorance.

Serious note: I don't think it can be down to 2 townies yet. Right? We have nailed every lynch except for one. And that one was because we were baited into it (I still think that was worth the risk).

Spoiler:

roband

Postby roband » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:51 pm UTC

Well, thinking through the humans on the show (who I assume would be here) there's not a whole lot.

Then take into account the recruit mechanism that has potentially happened twice. I don't know.

I'm kinda resigned to losing here, can you tell? ;)

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Postby MasterOfAll » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:57 pm UTC

Okay, I think I am overdue for a post in this game.

So, losing Buffy can't be a good thing for the game. It seems that her 'investigate and reveal the next day' ability was actually a bit of a lie since the investigation actually belonged to Dawn, and they have been mason buddies the whole game. So, at least we were still able to get the investigation results from Brook. If there are any doctor-type people in the game, I highly recommend targeting Brook. Even before he outed himself as Dawn he was already viewed as the 'most-trustworthy townie left in the game' by many of us, and was therefore a target for kills. Now we know that Glory is in the game and has already tried to kill Dawn once. (I have to say that I really don't understand the usefulness of Buffy being a bodyguard for Dawn if all it means is that Buffy dies and Glory is still around to kill Dawn. Maybe Glory will be prevented from attacking Dawn for a while. Maybe this is just wishful thinking by me.)

Okay, onto the cycoden is a werewolf topic. If Brook thinks that cycoden is an evil werewolf, then I am inclined to believe him. I'd vote for him right now if I knew how close we were to a lynch.

Can we get a vote count? Thanks.
Kipper wrote:SERIOUSLY. Listen to MoA, he knows his stuff. . . High five MoA!
(not funny, but true)
ameretrifle wrote:MoA is an astute logician and is, in fact, directly related to Sherlock Holmes on his mother's side.
(ditto for this one)

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:16 pm UTC

Actually, Buffy had her own investigation. She could tell the species a person was.

Spoiler:

ameretrifle
Vera

Postby ameretrifle » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:18 pm UTC

Votals:

2 cycoden (Brooklynxman, mpolo)

12 players, 7 to lynch.

You see something glittery on the counter. To pick it up, post Take: Glittery Thing in thread.

what no i'm not biased at all shut up

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:22 pm UTC

Take: Glittery Thing

HURRAY!

Spoiler:

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Postby MasterOfAll » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:22 pm UTC

Oh, just 2 so far? Then I will go ahead and ignore the Glittery Thing and . . .

Kipper wrote:SERIOUSLY. Listen to MoA, he knows his stuff. . . High five MoA!
(not funny, but true)
ameretrifle wrote:MoA is an astute logician and is, in fact, directly related to Sherlock Holmes on his mother's side.
(ditto for this one)

roband

Postby roband » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:27 pm UTC

Vote Cycoden

I suppose if Oz is head wolf, he might be the recruiter. We could at least limit their numbers until we find out who the others are.

ameretrifle
Vera

Postby ameretrifle » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:41 pm UTC

The glittery thing has been taken. i am far too easily swayed for this modding thing...

Votals:

4 cycoden (Brooklynxman, mpolo, MasterofAll, roband)

12 players, 7 to lynch.

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:34 pm UTC

Anya is town. The thing appears to be a broken version of what used to be Anya's amulet.

Spoiler:

roband

Postby roband » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:56 pm UTC

Sudden scary thought. What if the werewolves could recruit once during the day and once during the night?

I can't imagine the mods would do that, surely? That'd be too powerful.
Just thinking out loud really.

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:12 pm UTC

roband wrote:Sudden scary thought. What if the werewolves could recruit once during the day and once during the night?

I can't imagine the mods would do that, surely? That'd be too powerful.
Just thinking out loud really.

Wouldn't they have won already?

Spoiler:

roband

Postby roband » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:14 pm UTC

I don't know. I'm going to do a list, when I'm more awake, of who's claimed what and who died with what role and try and get my head around what might've happened.

Dark Loink

Postby Dark Loink » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:19 pm UTC

Werewolf seems like a night thing, as well as cult seems like a night thing.
I'll post more tommorow, when I have time, but this currently seems like a good enough lynch to me, since brook seems to be telling the truth.

roband

Postby roband » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:29 pm UTC

And DL is just glad we're not currently trying to lynch him :D

ThinkSweet

Postby ThinkSweet » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:21 am UTC

Brooklynxman wrote:Anya is town. The thing appears to be a broken version of what used to be Anya's amulet.

So when they drop things, it's to let you know which caracters are in the game? I was reading it as possibly the items were dropped when their owners got recruited, possibly by vampires (although now it's looking like probably werewolves are the recruiters if anyone). So if there is a Riley or Anya claim, I guess they're not definitely town roles anymore ...

I think we're possibly rushing things on cycoden, which makes me wonder how many votes he has on him from scum since they'd bandwagon anyone not on their team. His explanation sounded possible, although convenient given the link I provided to the wiki page on Veruca. BXM can you give any more information on your investigative results than just 'sounded bad'? I just don't want to rush into a lynch if there's any possibility he's town given how many anti-town roles seem to be out there.
</rant>

ThinkSweet

Postby ThinkSweet » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:02 am UTC

Later Edit:

In adding up all the roles I know (in one way or another) to exist in this game, Anya has brought my total to 22, which I believe is how many people we started with. Veruca is not on that list. So unless he shows up soon with a very good explaination, I'm going to have to

vote: cycoden

Also, since DL was almost lynched I've been watching him closely. I am becoming more and more convinced that he is actually scummy and needs to be lynched or NK/DK'd (if any of the remaining town have one?). Just putting this out there in case I get killed or recruited in the next game phase (kinda surprised I lasted this long tbh, but I guess Spike is good WIFOM).
</rant>

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:18 am UTC

ThinkSweet wrote:
Brooklynxman wrote:Anya is town. The thing appears to be a broken version of what used to be Anya's amulet.

So when they drop things, it's to let you know which caracters are in the game? I was reading it as possibly the items were dropped when their owners got recruited, possibly by vampires (although now it's looking like probably werewolves are the recruiters if anyone). So if there is a Riley or Anya claim, I guess they're not definitely town roles anymore ...

I think we're possibly rushing things on cycoden, which makes me wonder how many votes he has on him from scum since they'd bandwagon anyone not on their team. His explanation sounded possible, although convenient given the link I provided to the wiki page on Veruca. BXM can you give any more information on your investigative results than just 'sounded bad'? I just don't want to rush into a lynch if there's any possibility he's town given how many anti-town roles seem to be out there.

TS, you have inside info could you please elaborate on which roles you think are still alive.

And the second item was an amulet to summon sweet, so no, not all the items confirmed town members. Actually, I would take the amulet's state to suggest Anyanka started the game, then switched to Anya at some unspecified point.

Spoiler:

ThinkSweet

Postby ThinkSweet » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:42 am UTC

It's not really inside info, just a compiled list from in-game flavour & PM flavour:
Spike, Riley, Giles, Anya, Xander, Oz, Dawn, Glory, Jonathan, Angel, Faith, Darla
</rant>

ThinkSweet

Postby ThinkSweet » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:47 am UTC

Anyway, given the large cast of characters who were around for a while, a 1-2 ep character like Veruca is highly unlikely! Jenny Calendar has been the smallest character so far. So I think Cycoden is making it up from the wiki.
</rant>

ameretrifle
Vera

Postby ameretrifle » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:27 am UTC

Votals:

6 cycoden (Brooklynxman, mpolo, MasterofAll, roband, Dark Loink, ThinkSweet)

12 players, 7 to lynch.

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:36 am UTC

I think I'll wield the hammer then.

From what I've gathered from the wiki, it seems unlikely that an Oz character in this game would be a lyncher, especially for such a minor character (who would be a surprising choice for a cult leader).

moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

cycoden

Postby cycoden » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:50 am UTC

Well, thanks for the opportunity to answer my attackers. Oh wait.

Good luck... I suspect you'll *really* need it...
VectorZero wrote:SEXUAL INTERCOURSE DISGUSTS ME!
Spoiler:
Bulvox wrote:This is probably one of the few times that I'll agree with Cycoden on anything. I just wish that my brain worked like that.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:05 am UTC

Uff... I had something more to say, but I guess it is twilight and we should wait for modly posting.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:09 am UTC

EBWOP: I'm out of the house the rest of today, so I won't be posting again for about 10 hours.

Return to “Mafia”