[TM] Sleepytown Mafia - Day 4 - Rise and Shine, Sleepyheads!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

mpolo

Re: [TM] Sleepytown Mafia - Day 2 - Yawn!

Postby mpolo » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:27 am UTC

I have been playing this game far too much from memory without really analyzing what came before. So, here I go back to page 2. The spoiler below is a dump of the "nocciolo" of all the posts, except for my own, since I cannot pretend neutrality on my own posts.

Spoiler:
NotARaptor: Scum baiting or ballsy scum? More scum bating. Notes that Lataro didn't answer Adacore's vote at all. Agrees with Silknor, RE: Lataro. Poetry. Didn't read EH's claim to have been blocked. Sees RR's lurking as serious. Sees myself and Adacore as scummier than Kells. Out of the blue votes Silknor for lack of voting.

Adacore: doesn't like NaR's play. Says we should play as standard vanilla. Votes Lataro as a lurker vote. Unvotes Lataro and goes to EH. Goes back to Lataro for the lynch. Away at a conference. Complains about über-activity of thread. Not a lot of information in post, as he had not yet read the thread.

Mavketl: Don't lynch NaR, Day 1 doldrums. Votes EH as the reasons given for the Lataro vote (failing to grasp the importance of certain game elements) are not unique to Lataro. Unvotes EH and jumps to Lataro to save the calimed cop. Proves from her own perspective that she can't be scum. Speculates on the reasons for Dr Ug's death. Analysis of all players (Adacore, Silknor, myself townish, others hard to read). Concedes error in analysis of self and EH. Makes relationships table. Silknor not there. Says that I was copying kells. Last post off. Votes me.

Silknor: points out the roleblocker. Ignore NaR. Rolespec, particularly value of torture in endgame. Weak defense of Lataro's OMGUS. Makes explicit possible scenarios where Makvetl is not town. Says there is no evidence of EH's claim being true, but admits that Makvetl is likely town. Sees no utility in NaR craziness. Says nothing of his alignment. Points out NaR's lapse of reading. EH's analysis is right if he is really a cop. More analysis about possibilities. Says that regardless of what EH is, he would have claimed roleblock. Points out lack of input from NaR, RR and Adacore.

Lataro: OMGUS Adacore. Dislikes EH and calls him his second choice for lynching. Unvotes Adacore, votes EH.

AngrySquirrel: Votes Kells as lurker. (Notes that RR has posted even less, though.) Unvotes Kells. Defends giving unsupported gut feelings as townie. Sees Silknor, EH, NaR, AS, Mak, RR as leaning townie -- despite noting RR's lurkiness. Sees myself, Kells, Adacore as scummy. I'm playing to safe, Kells doesn't vote, Adacore has been vote jumping, downplaying torture, etc. Votes me. Decides afterwards that RR is actually scummy (2nd place). Trusts EH. Explains not voting Lataro, disagrees with adacore lynch. Wonders if Silknor is trying to warn me off of NaR. Agrees that Kells and myself are probably scumbuddies.

EH: Analysis of Lataro (downplaying torture). Votes Lataro. Would consider a RR lynch, but stays with Lataro. Panics and claims cop. Defends claim and outlines possibilities. Notes that Dr Ug and Lataro read the forum without posting in thread. Points out how arbitrary bandwagon was -- only Makvetl gave a reason. Claims having been roleblocked N1. Roleblock implies all of scum were active. Adacore was the last to be voting EH who is as yet uncleared. Analysis of players - Silknor not voting, myself being lazy, kells playing safe, NaR being crazy, AS neutral, Mak town, Adacore mystery, RR inactive. FoS on kells and myself. Advances theory that Silknor, kells and myself are the scum.

KellsBells: Objects to Angry Squirrel's logic for her lurker vote -- random accusations do not a townie make. FoS. Sees Lataro getting paranoid too easily, but doesn't vote. Sees EH bandwagon as less reasoned than the Lataro lynch. Doesn't know what to make of EH claim. Analysis of all players. Sees Adacore as the scummiest player, followed by RR (lurkage and picking on Makvetl). Nagging doubts about EH. Starts to see scumminess in me, still considers Adacore the most dangerous. Has 5 suspicious types. Who should EH investigate tonight?

Dr Ug: Objects to Lataro bandwagon, votes EH. Notes possible link between EH and Kells. Disbelieves EH's claim.

RR: Points out that he was the first to suspect EH, so that Makvetl's argument is incorrect. (Apologizes for lack of posting.)

Unfortunately, that took me over an hour to compile, so my analysis of what it means will have to wait until after class. By noon I should have something, if all goes well.
Image <-- Evil experiment

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:47 am UTC

O.K., now on to analysis.

I've been tending to write NotARaptor off as a townie who is a bit crazy. However, he is ultimately acting as an active lurker. He posts, but his total amount of content is close to null (I admit, I didn't try to read between the lines in the poem -- maybe there is something more there). He did place a vote on Silknor, which at least shows decisiveness, which tends to be towny-ish. All in all, scummy-ish. If he is townie, he is certainly not helping us at the moment.

Adacore: Very little posting, partially excused by real life concerns. He hopped back and forth between the two wagons, with the last jump being decisive for lynching Lataro instead of EH. As I think that that was the right decision, I really can't fault it. I stayed on Lataro to avoid giving EH a majority as well. Scummy feeling is primarily due to lurking/inactivity.

Mavketl: Has tended to be active. Also jumped off of the EH wagon to save him. I'm going with a towny feeling here. I find support in this feeling in the result that she slept all night. It's not decisive, as Silknor says, but when combined with my feeling, I'm going to put her down as townie in my book.

Silknor: Tends to post insightful analyses, but hasn't committed much to his opinions (i.e. voting). He came up empty on Mavketl's relationship tree, but that was probably more because he wasn't being explicit enough with his suspicions for Mav to include them. I'm going neutral, leaning townie.

Lataro: is obviously town. He provided us no real reason to not lynch him, and as the choice came down to a lynch of EH or Lataro, I submit that we got the best result possible at that late moment.

AngrySquirrel: Has been the most active me-hater, which makes it hard to read her neutrally. She lists Adacore's vote-jumping as explicity scummy, which at least for the second jump seems to be patently false. Would she have rather had EH get lynched, as long as she herself wasn't voting for it? Waffled a little on RoadieRich, but decided that his lurkitude/inactivity was scummy after all. On the other hand, she is very active (even when not hating me) and has well-reasoned posts. I am going neutral here.

ElectricHaze: If the cop claim isn't true, it's an extremely clever scum ruse. I therefore tend toward the more simple explanation and accept him as cop. Thus town.

KellsBells: Has had more FoS's than votes, doubts EH's claim, but is accepting it for now. Has also been questioning me. Looks to strategy for the coming night. Neutral, probably on the opposite team from AngrySquirrel -- the votes and FoSes didn't feel like scum distancing to me.

Dr Ug: is dead. And was vanilla.

RoadieRich: Has been extremely inactive, and even when he posts, doesn't provide much to go on. Leaning scummy.

So, what do I have here?

TOWNIEST
ElectricHaze
Mavketl

NEUTRAL, ordered from towniest to scummiest
Silknor
AngrySquirrel (prob. opposed to Kells)
KellsBells (prob. opposed to AS)

SCUMMY-LURKY
Adacore (tie)
NotARaptor (tie)
RoadieRich

Which has me with the least active person as my most suspicious person. With the time and the voting situation, I'm going to go ahead and put a vote there.

Vote: RoadieRich

ElectricHaze

Postby ElectricHaze » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:15 pm UTC

I've given it some thought, and I don't really know what else to talk about, so I'm going to go with my top suspicion and
Vote: mpolo

I think RR definitely needs to come back and start posting, but since there have been no posts since mon. I think that is more in mod territory right now.
Can we get a prod on RR plz?
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:51 pm UTC

I cut out Lataro and Dr Ug because it was getting unreadable. I realize that votes and suspicions on dead people still matter, and I will try to include them from now on.

I'm starting to think this might be a one-time experiment... but I want to keep doing it throughout one full game at least.
Not A Raptor: Mav can be a very wily and dangerous player.
roband: Mav has a way of making everything seem right.
ELEPHANT SCIENCE - MORE ELEPHANT SCIENCE
- NEW: Elephant Math!

RoadieRich
The Black Hand

Postby RoadieRich » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:04 pm UTC

Something else that might be interesting is to try mapping the "thinks is town" relationships, and the relationships specifically concerning dead people, preferably with some sort of order indication*.

Two things catch my eye from the suspicions diagram: out of the three people with most suspicions, (kells, adacore and mpolo), only kells is "giving as good as she gets", giving out more suspicions than are incoming. This suggests that kells is involved in a lot more real discussion than the other two. This moves Adacore and mpolo up in my suspicion list, and kells downwards. I'll read through later today to see if the actual posts can support this conclusion.

In other news, I'm still slightly suspicious of Mav, the diagrams could be considered meta-content, an extreme form of active lurking. I am, however, somewhat satisfied with her explanation of the situation leading to my original FoS.
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:13 pm UTC

The diagrams are meant to be a tool (admittedly of questionable use so far). I fully admit that they're not content, they're just a summary. (I have some extra ideas for indicating different things that I would like some input on, but I'll save it for after the game. I don't want to distract too much.)

I've cast my vote, and explained why I think that person is scum. I'll respond to things that come up in other players' posts, of course, but I don't really know what else I should be doing right now.

kellsbells
Queen of Cupcakes

Postby kellsbells » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:24 pm UTC

RoadieRich wrote:In other news, I'm still slightly suspicious of Mav, the diagrams could be considered meta-content, an extreme form of active lurking. I am, however, somewhat satisfied with her explanation of the situation leading to my original FoS.
While this might be true, I'm far from considering Mavketl scum right now. There's a lot more scummy people wandering around this game, as well as more significant lurkers. Plus Mavketl was already tracked, to a townie result. Essentially what I'm saying is that Mav is at the bottom of my suspicion list right now, because she's got a lot more townie-ness on her side than pretty much anyone else in the game.

However, Mav, I'm really not sure how helpful the diagrams are. All I'm really discerning from the latest is that there's been a lot of activity from and around me. Which is cool to see visually, but is not really adding to the game much. I guess it could become an interesting experiment to look back at the diagrams once the game is over, but for now they don't seem hugely useful.

In other news, RoadieRich doesn't mention his lurking or any of the accusations leveled at him in his most recent post. I find this... curious. It almost feels like he's trying to post so blandly that we'll simply forget to keep mentioning him. He hasn't moved forward any real analysis or opinion, besides "Yeah, my suspicions toward Mavketl are slightly diminished but still present."
A good pun is its own reword.
L wrote:A day without kells is a day not worth living.

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:26 pm UTC

Ok, so I'm going to go over the thread since my first vote yesterday and see if I come up with anything interesting.

First off, my vote for Lataro (as I stated, purely random from the list of non-active participants D1, this was followed by his OMGUS. In the mean time AS put a vote on Kells for lurking, which she revoked relatively soon afterwards.

EH then made the first 'real' vote for Lataro, citing pings and lurking. Mavketl was then the first person to suggest a vote for EH, before mpolo followed with the another vote (advocating a lurker-lynch) on Lataro.

Dr Ug voted EH based on the fact that he voted for Lataro following his 'sensible reaction' to my random vote. I then switched my vote to EH (I still feel this was the correct move - at this point EH was certainly looking scummy, imo), and Lataro followed suit (entirely expected in a 'me or you' lynch situation).

EH then cop-claimed, which rather changed everything. Since nobody has counter-claimed, that's pretty much confirmed. Kells immediately attacked the cop-claim as unwise - if she realised that we were practically at the deadline, this looks pretty scummy. Having said that, so close to the deadline, a false cop-claim would be a sensible scum move if it's looking like you're certain to be lynched. There's a decent chance the real cop won't get on in time and you'll survive one day and get a townie lynched instead. The other option here is that Kells simply didn't realise how close to the deadline we were, which is entirely possible. She didn't vote either way, though, and indecisiveness, especially so close to deadline, pings my scumdar a little.

Dr Ug then posted similar sentiments that he didn't believe the claim, keeping his vote on EH. I guess the same logic here applies as above.

At this point the votes were tied 3-3, I then unvoted the claimed cop and voted for the other lynch candidate, Lataro. (Aside: I'm not sure why I would've done that as scum, since I would've known the claim was genuine and the chance of getting the cop lynched merely by abstaining from posting sounds like a good choice to me, but I guess there's wine in that statement too, as ever).

Lataro died, Dr Ug was killed. Re-reading, the latter strikes me as a very strange move. I was going to voice minor suspicions of Dr Ug, based on his refusal to unvote EH, and I certainly didn't consider him one of the 'most townie' players from D1. This implies to me that he was possibly killed by someone who is scared of his play (I admit, this is a bit of a stretch), which would suggest mpolo, Mavketl or me.

I think it's almost certain that Mavketl is town from the newspaper result. EH is also confirmed town, since nobody has counter-claimed cop*.

I'm not sure on AngrySquirrel's posted analysis early D2. I agree Silknor's been looking townie, and I also agree with her on EH and Mavketl. Her comment on NaR seems a bit incongruous though. I agree, I was leaning town on NaR from what little I've seen, but the 'roleblock me' post could equally be scum trying to confuse townies. NaR likes to sow confusion, whether he's town or scum, but that post could work equally well for both sides - I'm not sure there's anything inherently townie about it.

RoadieRich FoS'd Mav, who I believe is highly likely town. Kells then did her player-by-player analysis. I'm relatively comfortable with her opinions on everyone except me, really - I can see why I might look scummy, but I don't think either of my vote-changes yesterday were anything other than decidedly pro-town. I'm a bit twitchy about Kells from that post, but it may just be because she FoS'ed me in it.

EH posted analysis which seems entirely reasonable. I'm going to stop writing here, for now, since it's 19:30 and I have to get home from work at some point. I'll try and finish this post-by-post analysis at home and get it up before I go to bed.

*Note the above all relies on the fact that a cop would counter-claim EH, if EH is not the real cop. I'm not sure how reliable that is, but I think it's probably a fair assumption - given the circumstances of EH's cop-claim, if he's not actually the cop he's almost certainly scum and, thus, outing him would be worth exposing the real cop.

Aardvarki

Postby Aardvarki » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:19 pm UTC

Votals:

mpolo (3): AngrySquirrel, Mavketl, ElectricHaze
Silknor (1): Not A Raptor
RoadieRich (1): mpolo

9 alive, 5 to lynch. Deadline in ~25 hours.
-Aa
Weeks wrote:The only Dexter I really know is the one with the lab

Silknor

Postby Silknor » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:50 am UTC

I'm sorry I've been unable to post any analysis today. As some of you know, there was an emergency in the game I'm modding, I've spent at least two and a half hours today working on that and discussion options with players and those outside the game.
Nikc wrote:Silknor is the JJ Abrams of mafia modding

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:02 pm UTC

I seem to have about 20 minutes to live, unless somebody decides to rescue me. So, if you're not convinced that I'm scum, this would be the time to vote.

Regardless what the outcome is, it's a sad sign for our game that we could only garner 5 votes total.

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:06 pm UTC

I've not finished reading yet (sorry, had Wizardry and Buffy stuff take over, and I've since completely screwed up the Wizardry bit). But from my 'thoughts so far', about 10 posts into D2, I felt mpolo was one of the scummier players.

vote: mpolo

Aardvarki

Postby Aardvarki » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:48 pm UTC

The lazy folk of Sleepytown decided very slowly who to get rid of. They were far too lazy to make their decision decisive, so when it became bedtime, they decided that it would be mpolo who would be next to not wake up.

mpolo has been laid to rest. It is now Night 2.
Night 2 will last a maximum of 48 hours. Please get your actions in to me ASAP.
-Aa

AngrySquirrel
Hellish Sex Goddess

Re: [TM] Sleepytown Mafia - Night 2 - Bedtime!

Postby AngrySquirrel » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:28 pm UTC

*poke*
Putting the fist into pacifist.

they/them/theirs

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:39 pm UTC

A lengthy 48 hours indeed.

Aardvarki

Postby Aardvarki » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:22 am UTC

Pardon, I slept in. :wink:

The lazy folk of Sleepytown awoke again late the third afternoon, and continued with their daily routine. First they'd read the morning paper, then be off to vote for who would be next to go.

Sleepytown Times

ElectricHaze visits Silknor's House Overnight!
Last night, sources report that ElectricHaze was visiting the residence of one Silky J Smoothington, a.k.a. Silknor for a spot of tea.

Obituaries
mpolo is in his final resting place. He was the Roleblocker, Scum.
AngrySquirrel was put to sleep by the Mafia. She was the Doctor, Town.

It is now Day 3. There are 7 players remaining. 4 to Lynch. Deadline is 72 hours, so Wednesday evening.
-Aa

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Re: [TM] Sleepytown Mafia - Day 3 - Rise and Shine!

Postby Mavketl » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:28 am UTC

Good morning everyone.

I'd love to hear that cop result.

RoadieRich
The Black Hand

Postby RoadieRich » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:44 am UTC

The time has come, the reporter said, to talk of many things.
Of cops and claims, of newspapers, of editors and strings.

Last night I investigated kells, and was told she visited EH. The doctor and roleblocker are already dead, and EH didn't die, leaving two possiblities: she is the cop, or she is the editor. This morning's newspaper rules out the possibility of her being the cop (Electric Haze visited someone, and therefore is also either the editor or the cop - but it doesn't say he visited himself, so he must be the cop. (The other roles are either dead, leave someone dead, or can't be tracked.)

Therefore, EH must be the cop, and I can safely claim, as the mafia already know who the cop is. The loss of the doctor make this somewhat harder, but if we lynch kells, we get at least one more investigation from either myself or EH, as well as the results we already have.

I investigated NAR N1, and he slept all night.
kellsbells wrote:In other news, RoadieRich doesn't mention his lurking or any of the accusations leveled at him in his most recent post. I find this... curious. It almost feels like he's trying to post so blandly that we'll simply forget to keep mentioning him.

You were spot on, and it almost worked. It's a shame you now have to die.

Vote: kellsbells.

TL;DR: I am the reporter, kells visited EH, and therefore must be editor, EH is cop. As all town power roles are now known by scum, I can safely claim.
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

RoadieRich
The Black Hand

Postby RoadieRich » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:45 am UTC

EBWOP: Ok, "strings" is a little contrived, but I couldn't think of anything else that rhymed.
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:07 am UTC

Logically, from what we know, it's just as possible for RoadieRich to be the editor and Kellsbells to be the reporter. However, based on
1) that would be a pretty ballsy falseclaim from someone who wasn't catching much suspicion
2) earlier suspicions about Kellsbells (and the linkage with mpolo)
I'm going to believe RoadieRich. I'll wait with my vote until we hear from others, but lynching Kellsbells seems like a good idea to me.

In other news, ElectricHaze is now double-triple-super confirmed as cop. I guess all of this means that our cop is now rather redundant though, as he can only find the naive miller.

ElectricHaze

Postby ElectricHaze » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:09 am UTC

Seems, straight forward to me. I'll give a little bit of time to see if anyone counters that claim as it could be scum false claiming to get a quick lynch through, and I'm to tired to think it completely through right now.

In other news I got Town for Silknor, so unless he is the godfather, a possibility that shouldn't be completely rules out, or some towny who is not the miller.
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:20 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:<Some player-by-player analysis>

So, what do I have here?

TOWNIEST
ElectricHaze
Mavketl

NEUTRAL, ordered from towniest to scummiest
Silknor
AngrySquirrel (prob. opposed to Kells)
KellsBells (prob. opposed to AS)

SCUMMY-LURKY
Adacore (tie)
NotARaptor (tie)
RoadieRich
This is probably the most substantive post mpolo made, so I thought I'd read through it and see if there was anything there we could use. If we believe RoadieRich (and I do), then he is town, EH and Mavketl are also confirmed town. AS is now dead and Kells is scum editor.

That leaves me, NaR and Silknor. I'm town, and I'm leaning town on Silknor, so personally I think the godfather is probably NaR. I'm not sure how much I can trust it, but I suspect that mpolo would put one of his scumbuddies in his 'scum list' in a player analysis post like the above - normally that would give us information. Unfortunately, the analysis post as quoted above is also correct - Silknor had been looking townie to everyone at that point and, thus, mpolo would probably have listed him in the 'neutral' category whether or not he were scum.

Let's look at what he wrote about the three of us in more detail :

mpolo wrote:Adacore: Very little posting, partially excused by real life concerns. He hopped back and forth between the two wagons, with the last jump being decisive for lynching Lataro instead of EH. As I think that that was the right decision, I really can't fault it. I stayed on Lataro to avoid giving EH a majority as well. Scummy feeling is primarily due to lurking/inactivity.

This is fair analysis and I can't really fault it. I guess if I were trying to find evidence for my being scummy, I would single out the fact that mpolo states his suspicions of me are only because of lurking/inactivity, which could be a not-so-subtle hint to a scum buddy to post more and escape suspicion.

mpolo wrote:Silknor: Tends to post insightful analyses, but hasn't committed much to his opinions (i.e. voting). He came up empty on Mavketl's relationship tree, but that was probably more because he wasn't being explicit enough with his suspicions for Mav to include them. I'm going neutral, leaning townie.

This is very neutral analysis. Pointing out the not-voting could be seen as trying to 'taint' a town player, but if so it wasn't a very strong attempt.

mpolo wrote:I've been tending to write NotARaptor off as a townie who is a bit crazy. However, he is ultimately acting as an active lurker. He posts, but his total amount of content is close to null (I admit, I didn't try to read between the lines in the poem -- maybe there is something more there). He did place a vote on Silknor, which at least shows decisiveness, which tends to be towny-ish. All in all, scummy-ish. If he is townie, he is certainly not helping us at the moment.

Probably the most interesting analysis mpolo posted. I'm just not sure how to interpret it. He starts off by implying that he thinks NaR is town, then points out his active lurking and switches to an opinion of scum. I happen to agree with mpolo's opinions on NaR here, but in general this could be read as a scum player trying to direct attention onto the most obvious townie target. Alternatively, pointing out the scummy behaviour of one of your scumbuddies, especially if they are the godfather, is a good way to get them investigated - but in a game where the more useful investigation is actually from the reporter, and a result of scum could just as easily be from the miller as an actual scum player I don't think there's any value in that.

After going through that, I'm actually less clear than I was before. Kells is scum editor (unless RoadieRich is bluffing us), but I'm now 50:50 on which of NaR / Silknor is the editor. The analysis mpolo posted of Silknor feels more like what he'd write about a scumbuddy than the analysis he posted of NaR, but NaR has struck me as the scummier player in the game so far.

RoadieRich
The Black Hand

Postby RoadieRich » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:35 pm UTC

NAR can't be the GF, I tracked him N1, and he slept all night. The GF performs the NK.
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:52 pm UTC

Assuming for a moment that Kellsbells is the editor (and I am assuming that until someone provides a convincing argument against it), we're just looking for the Godfather now.

Living players:
Silknor
Kellsbells
ElectricHaze
Not A Raptor
Mavketl
Adacore
RoadieRich

Definitely not the Godfather and why:
I slept N1.
ElectricHaze is the cop.

Probably not the Godfather and why (these all depend on RoadieRich's story):
NaR slept N1.
RoadieRich is the reporter.
Kellsbells is the editor.

Which leaves us with possible Godfathers:
Adacore
Silknor

Because I agree with Adacore that there is probably one scum in mpolo's scum list and because I think Silknor has been much more townie overall, I tend to think that Adacore is the Godfather.

As for tonight's investigations, I suggest that the reporter tracks Silknor or Adacore, and the cop investigates Adacore (having already copped Silknor). We won't find the Godfather with the cop, but if we get lucky, we might stumble upon the miller.

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:59 pm UTC

Oh, well that makes things simpler - sorry I missed that.

So assuming RoadieRich is telling the truth, we lynch Kells today, one of Silknor or me tomorrow, then the other D5 (if we've not won by then) and we win. If RoadieRich is lying (I don't think he is, but it's possible, and logically Kells will counter-claim him), then Kells will come back as town, we lynch RR tomorrow, then we have to figure out the final scum player (between me, Silknor or NaR) D5 for the win.

I'll wait for Kells to post a defence, and for everyone else to post once, just in case there's something I've not considered or someone wants to counter-claim reporter, but unless something new comes up I'll be voting for Kellsbells as soon as everyone's had their say.

Ninja'd by Mavketl. I wasn't going to point that out w/rt the cop, in the hope that the scum might make a mistake and kill the cop (who can't give us a confirmed scum result vs the godfather) instead of the editor (who could). Your logic seems correct to me, though - if Kells comes up scum I don't really mind which of me or Silknor you lynch first, because we should win either way.

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:06 pm UTC

EBWOP: "...instead of the editor..." should read "...instead of the reporter...", obviously.

ElectricHaze

Postby ElectricHaze » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:07 pm UTC

Personally I still believe it is silknor, I felt he was a little scummy all day 1. After the Morning flavor post for day 2, I was relatively certain the scum team was mpolo, kells, silknor. My only wavering was between silknor and RR for the last scum spot. Since we have come down to this I believe the best course of action, currently, is lynch kells, lynch silknor, and if the game is still going on after that hopefully we will know more by then.

Anyways enough people have posted and there hasn't been any sort of counter claim, and I don't trust kells already. I feel pretty confident in this
vote: kellsbells

Not A Raptor

Postby Not A Raptor » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:17 pm UTC

Vote: Kellsbells

I'm down with that. She tries so hard... but she just can't win! :D

She was opposed to our doctor. Also, I've been cleared as Not a Godfather. Adacore or Silknor. (I think it's Silky.)
Van wrote:I like simple games.

Like Wizardry.

WARNING: Is acting like NaR.
Kellsbells: NAR is a sillypants
Not_A_Raptor: :p
Kellsbells: That is my expert assessment

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:37 pm UTC

I make that hammer-1. I still think we should at least wait for Kells to post something, if only her final thoughts/suspicions, just on the offchance that she's actually town.

Not A Raptor

Postby Not A Raptor » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:40 pm UTC

Adacore wrote:I make that hammer-1. I still think we should at least wait for Kells to post something, if only her final thoughts/suspicions, just on the offchance that she's actually town.

Good point. To prevent a quicklynch, I'm going to remove my vote.

Unvote
Van wrote:I like simple games.

Like Wizardry.

WARNING: Is acting like NaR.
Kellsbells: NAR is a sillypants
Not_A_Raptor: :p
Kellsbells: That is my expert assessment

kellsbells
Queen of Cupcakes

Postby kellsbells » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:21 pm UTC

I'm actually town. (Thanks for waiting, Adacore!)

Quite contrary to RR's post, I'm the reporter, and he the editor. I was reluctant about roleclaims earlier (disbelieving EH) because I really, really did not want to get myself backed into a claiming corner and reveal the identities of both the cop and doctor. Of course, now that one's revealed and the other dead, it's safe to say. Apparently RoadieRich noticed this first and seized the opportunity to false-claim.

I'm not sure how I should go about convincing you. RoadieRich lurked the hell out of this entire game until just now (after his scumbuddy was killed, so apparently he realized he had to do something drastic), and I've found that scummy from the beginning. He got the jump on me this morning now, and I fear that he's too thoroughly convinced everyone to really plead my case successfully before I get quick-lynched. Adacore is being remarkably civilized about all this, holding everyone off from quicklynching me, which is great. Of course that still kind of makes me think he's the godfather, trying to distance himself from RR. But I'm not 100% on that.
Mavketl wrote:Logically, from what we know, it's just as possible for RoadieRich to be the editor and Kellsbells to be the reporter. However, based on
1) that would be a pretty ballsy falseclaim from someone who wasn't catching much suspicion
Actually, he was. Quite a few posts tag RR as suspicious, and in many cases more so than I am.
Not A Raptor wrote:[She was opposed to our doctor
I don't even understand what this means. I was opposed to AS? I argued against her when she essentially random-voted me Day 1, but otherwise not the case.

So yeah, there's my argument. Not sure how much good it will do. :?
A good pun is its own reword.
L wrote:A day without kells is a day not worth living.

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:57 pm UTC

Yeah. That's all theoretically plausible, of course, but (as you already realise), it's obviously more likely that RR is telling the truth than you. He was under no real suspicion and had no real reason to try a play like that.

The other big factor is that Kells just counter-claimed reporter without giving any investigation results. Surely as a town cop-type role about to be lynched, the most important thing would be to state her investigation results so far, rather than merely try to escape the lynch herself?

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:58 pm UTC

For all the reasons Adacore presented above:

Sorry, you're just a whole lot less convincing than RoadieRich.

RoadieRich
The Black Hand

Postby RoadieRich » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:06 pm UTC

kellsbells wrote:Stuff

:P
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

RoadieRich
The Black Hand

Postby RoadieRich » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:07 pm UTC

EBWOP: read that as *raspberry*

Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time.
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

Aardvarki

Postby Aardvarki » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:16 pm UTC

For once, the people of Sleepytown acted quickly and decisively. The consensus was formed and they decided to get rid of Kellsbells. Late afternoon would eventually come, and eventually they'd wake up and find out if they were right.

Kellbells has been lynched. It is now Night 3. Deadline of 36 hours. Get your night actions in now!

End of Day Votal:
Kellbells (4): RoadieRich, ElectricHaze, Adacore, Mavketl
-Aa

Aardvarki

Re: [TM] Sleepytown Mafia - Day 4 - Rise and Shine, Sleepyhe

Postby Aardvarki » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:40 pm UTC

The Sleepies awoke the next morning to a wonderful day. Maybe they'd get out of the house today, and do something fun. The newspaper sure looked exciting! First, breakfast (with coffee)!

It is now Day 4. Five players remain, three to lynch.

Sleepytown Times
Adacore sleeps all night!
Sources report that Adacore spent his night sound asleep on one of those new fancy-shmancy MemoryFoamTM Mattresses. What a big spender!

Obituaries
kellsbells is Resting in Peace. She was the Editor, Scum.
ElectricHaze is sleeping at the bottom of the river, after having been tortured brutally for many hours. He was the cop, town.
-Aa

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:48 pm UTC

I'm thinking that means we lynch Silknor, ne?

vote: Silknor

RoadieRich
The Black Hand

Postby RoadieRich » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:59 pm UTC

Ok, that was an odd choice of victim. Not that it makes any difference.
Vote: Silknor.
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

Silknor

Postby Silknor » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:28 am UTC

Why was it an odd choice of target? There wasn't any chance of a lynch on EH. Getting rid of a basically confirmed townie who also happens to be able to reduce lynch targets with cop claims seems not very strange to me...

Plus I really wanted to torture him, since had he been lynched before claiming cop, I think this game would've been very different. And I couldn't torture him without killing him, so here we are.

But I'm not scum! Look over there at...uh...Not a ScummyMcRaptorson! And stay still, he can't see you if you don't move!

Silknor runs away. Really fast. Can the town catch him? Will the scum survive? Find out next time in "Silkysmooth...or Silkysmooshed!

Scum self hammering is no longer in vogue! I dare you to round up the votes to lynch me.
Nikc wrote:Silknor is the JJ Abrams of mafia modding

Return to “Mafia”