War rages on the spice planet Arrakis, known as Dune. In a bid to gain control of the CHOAM corporation, backed by the huge profits of the melange spice, House Harkonnen launched an audacious plot against House Atreides, secretly backed by the Padishah Emperor, Shaddam Corrino IV, who feared the rising popularity of Duke Leto Atreides. At the behest of the Emperor, the Duke accepted the fiefdom of Arrakis, despite anticipating treachery from the departing Baron Vladimir Harkonnen. House Atreides was decimated and the survivors scattered across Arrakis following a devastating assault from the Sardaukar, dread legion of the Emperor, disguised as Harkonnen troops. Control of Dune has returned to House Harkonnen, and the search continues for Atreides survivors amongst the native Fremen, who resist the occupation of their planet by the brutal Harkonnen.
Those that ingest the spice gain the power of presicence. Across the planet, 20 minds are linked in the spice dream. The future is hazy; what is written may not yet come to pass. The battle for Arrakis is not yet lost.
Standard rules have been modified. Please note the rules for night actions.
2. Only living players are to post in this thread. You are still alive until I say you are dead.
3. Spoiler any posts about the game in the discussion thread.
4. Do not read spoilers if you are still alive.
5. You may PM if and only if explicitly stated in your role description (all PMs must be cc'd to me).
6. You may not post verbatim or quote from your role PM. Paraphrasing is fine.
7. You may not edit your posts.
This is a pseudo-nightless game. All 'night' actions are to be submitted during the day and will be enacted after the lynch, with the consequences revealed in the day end flavour. You may submit actions at any time, may change the target at any time prior to the lynch and may submit contingency targets for when your preferred target has been lynched. If I feel there has been a speed-lynch to avoid night actions, a brief twilight period will be enforced to allow all players the opportunity to submit actions.
All players have two allegiences, and thus two win conditions.
Be wary of roleclaiming.
2. Adacore (I look forward to being shunned)
5. greenlover (I can handle two games. . .right?)
6. Dark Loink(As if buffy wasn't enough flavor challenged for me)
7. Brooklynxman (wouldn't miss this for all the melange in the world)
8. Mavketl (Time to reread Dune! And what's up with 11 and 15 there?)
13. BigNose (Missing until 31 Oct, getting real sand twixt toes)
15. Flying_Cookie (Dibs on Sandworm!)
19. weiyaoli (Have to learn to say no to these things)
Dune D1: Don't be shocked by the tone of my voice
Dune D2: I am Mauve'bib, the Kumkwat Haagendasz!
Dune D3: To Tame a Land
Dune D4: Walk Without Rhythm
Dune D5: Check Out My New Weapon
Dune D6: Break, Eject! Eject, Eject!
Dune D7: Before they catch you chainsmoking. Word.
Dune Game Over! Atreides/Fremen Victory!