Dune Game Over! Atreides/Fremen Victory!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Krong

Re: Dune D1: Don't be shocked by the tone of my voice

Postby Krong » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:41 pm UTC

Can everyone PLEASE stop talking? We're at about 4 votes past lynch, and should assume it's night until VZ gets back.

VectorZero wrote:I will be out of town for 36 hours; if a lynch occurs, I'll try to kick on to D2 ASAP, but internet may be patchy.

Remember to submit N1 actions, or start of D2 actions, before the lynch. You've had long enough, there will be no extensions.
The answer to the question "What’s wrong with the world?" is just two words: "I am." -- G. K. Chesterton (attributed)

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:57 pm UTC

*ahem*

testing, testing

*tap tap*

Hey, is this thing on?

That's a lynch. I'm not in a position to process end-of-day yet, so expect the kick on to D2 in about 12 hours. In the meantime, no D2 chat please; generic chat is fine.
Van wrote:Fireballs don't lie.

Flying_Cookie

Postby Flying_Cookie » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:34 pm UTC

This post is generic.
Flying_CookieTM

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:17 am UTC

Flying_Cookie wrote:This post is generic.

This post is brand name.
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:

VectorZero

Dune D2: I am Mauve'bib, the Kumkwat Haagendasz!

Postby VectorZero » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:42 am UTC

"They were always cowards," said Muad'dib, "and we knew it better than any; and yet I would not have thought to see them stoop so low. Brother against brother; it is the most vicious and forbidden of betrayals."

Brother against brother; and as his brother died, Feyd-Rautha prayed he would live through the night, though he knew he would fall to the vengeance of the desert if he lived to see the dawn.

-- Arrakeen Nights by the Princess Irulan

Long into the night, the fighting around the Arrakeen palace continued unabated. Unwilling to tolerate the vicious rule of Glossu Rabban any longer, the Fremen rose against their oppressor despite the catastrophic losses inflicted by the Sardaukar.

'Beast' Rabban looked out of the Arrakeen palace. The Fremen had breached the outer wall, and for the first time, Glossu knew fear. "This is your doing, uncle! You set me up to fail! I will not be used!" He turned to his adjutant. "Detonate the atomics."

Lataro has been lynched. He was Glossu 'Beast' Rabban, roleblocker, Harkonnen/Independent.

Emperor Corrino flicked through the latest dispatches from House Harkonnen. Their grand plan was continuing apace; the natives certainly detested Glossu! Still, the palace had been an architectural gem; such a shame to lose it. The Harkonnen courier stood quietly, patiently waiting further instructions. As the Emperor bent to his desk, penning a response, the courier stepped forward and slipped the shigawire around the Emperor's neck.

Krong has been killed. He was Emperor Shaddam Corrino IV, Corrino/Harkonnen.

"My darling Feyd-Rautha." The Baron smiled; his plan had borne fruit sooner than anticipated. "I would like you to meet the Princess Irulan. Your wedding will be this evening."

Feyd-Rautha has become Emperor.

Day 2 starts now. 18 players, 10 to lynch.

mpolo

Re: Dune D2: I am Mauve'bib, the Kumkwat Haagendasz!

Postby mpolo » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:32 am UTC

So, Lataro apparently missed out on his half-win that he was supposed to get by us killing Feyd before he could become emporer. However, I think we should honor his memory by getting rid of Feyd now. Even though this is caesarocide, I think that the nastiness for which Feyd is known is enough to warrant his death. I'll hold off on a vote for a little while to allow for discussion, but

Major FoS: cycoden
Image <-- Evil experiment

Not A Raptor

Postby Not A Raptor » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:01 am UTC

Something happened and I wound up unable to speak for the rest of that day. :/ Must've been something in the water. Anyway, I think AMT's using a power right now. Or something. What's up, AMT?

Anyway, happy to see that it looks like the death tally at the end of day two will consist of two Harkonnen and Corrino.
Van wrote:I like simple games.

Like Wizardry.

WARNING: Is acting like NaR.
Kellsbells: NAR is a sillypants
Not_A_Raptor: :p
Kellsbells: That is my expert assessment

mister k

Postby mister k » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:05 am UTC

ok, well that seems to have gone pretty well. Interestingly theres some kind of Emporer mechanic here, which gives us more info. I wonder what sort of powers the emporer currently has... clearly not an immunity to night kill!
Elvish Pillager wrote:you're basically a daytime-miller: you always come up as guilty to scumdar.

Dark Loink

Postby Dark Loink » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:24 pm UTC

mister k wrote:ok, well that seems to have gone pretty well. Interestingly theres some kind of Emporer mechanic here, which gives us more info. I wonder what sort of powers the emporer currently has... clearly not an immunity to night kill!

Yeah, thats interesting that its stated that he was emporor...wonder if there needs to be an emporer, and I wonder what would happen if he died? Would there cease to be one, or would the one who killed him become emporor?

Also, it turns out that Lataro was known as Harkonnean/Independent, so we're never going to know what an AB person wanted other than their factions. All we'll know is that they did have an indepdnedent win condition.

Silknor

Postby Silknor » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:35 pm UTC

I think what happened there points to some complicated interactions between alignments.

It's clear at the least that not all Harkonnens and Corrinos have the same win conditions, which makes a monolithic scum faction less likely in my view.
Nikc wrote:Silknor is the JJ Abrams of mafia modding

b.i.o
Green is the loneliest number

Postby b.i.o » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:56 pm UTC

Silknor wrote:It's clear at the least that not all Harkonnens and Corrinos have the same win conditions, which makes a monolithic scum faction less likely in my view.

Yep.

Did I summarize your feelings on the subject correctly?

Pretty much.

And given the fact that Lataro was telling the truth thus far (and had a good reason, based on his role, to want Feyd-Rautha dead) I'm going to go ahead and say that cycoden's probably a good next lynch target. However, in the interest of not starting a bandwagon immediately, I'm going to hold off a bit on actually voting.

weiyaoli

Postby weiyaoli » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:10 pm UTC

Not A Raptor wrote:Something happened and I wound up unable to speak for the rest of that day. :/ Must've been something in the water. Anyway, I think AMT's using a power right now. Or something. What's up, AMT?

Anyway, happy to see that it looks like the death tally at the end of day two will consist of two Harkonnen and Corrino.

Can you elaborate on this please?

Were you "silenced" D1 or now? How do you know it was AMT using this on you? Also, is there any reason you did not vote for amt in your post?

FoS: amt since I'm not really seeing why NAR would lie right now.

mister k wrote:ok, well that seems to have gone pretty well. Interestingly theres some kind of Emporer mechanic here, which gives us more info. I wonder what sort of powers the emporer currently has... clearly not an immunity to night kill!

I think the revealing of there being an emporer mechanic suggests that a few win conditions are linked to becoming emporer. @Flavour knowledgeable people, who is in line to become emperor?
And you thought I was crazy...

Silknor

Postby Silknor » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:20 pm UTC

@Flavour knowledgeable people, who is in line to become emperor?

For major plot spoilers:
Spoiler:
Paul Atreides fights Feyd-Rautha at the end of the first book to determine who will become Emperor.

Flavor wise there's really no other candidates. There's no reason in the book to think that any woman could become Emperor, so that rules out Irulan. Shaddam has no sons, which means marrying Irulan is the path to the throne. On the Harkonnen side, the only major character left is the Baron. That would be an unusual choice given that he's angling for Feyd to become Emperor in both the book and game and he's widely despised. On the Atredies side, eligible characters are Paul and Duke Leto. There's nothing obviously disqualifying Duke Leto from being considered that I can think of. He dies early in the book, but that doesn't really matter if he's a character.

In terms of actual order of secession, both Feyd and Paul are fairly low on the list. But I can't remember anyone in the book that was mentioned as being higher than them. Besides other male members of the Harkonnen and Atreides families, who I believe unlikely.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:26 pm UTC

So, I suspect that on killing cycoden, we will find him also Harkonnen/Independent, and infer that his goal was becoming emporer (i.e., he likely has one win). Lataro presumably has one loss, and one goal that might still turn out for him (the Harkonnen goal), but hopefully we can prevent that as well.

ameretrifle
Vera

Postby ameretrifle » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:58 pm UTC

You know, I am very honestly quite near a "screw it, let's fullclaim" mood, but I'm not gonna give in unless it still seems like a good idea in 8 hours or so. XD

NaR is probably full of crap. I have no silencing power, that's for sure, and I cannot think of any way my power could be construed as "being used right now" at the time he wrote that post. Of course he could have a really vague power he's misinterpreting like "you saw AMT doing something last night" but that "using a power right now" line is strange, inaccurate, and worries me. Of course... "something in the water"... NaR, are you being recklessly suicidal again?

...I wish I had a power I could use right now... >_>

Flying_Cookie

Postby Flying_Cookie » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:44 pm UTC

So the flavor for the lynch mob was that it was the Fremen who killed Lataro. I think this was probably just because the Fremen where the most likely to kill Rabban, but my original thought was that it meant the Fremen where the 'town' group, as its usually the 'town' who carry out the lynchings.

Do you guys think it was just flavor, or actually meant anything?
Flying_CookieTM

Silknor

Postby Silknor » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:51 pm UTC

Frankly, the flavor regarding Rabban makes no sense. In the book, the Fremen breach what could be termed the outer wall with the Atredies atomics. There nothing to indicate the Harkonnens have atomics on Dune, the convention would be hold them far off any of the worlds you hold. It makes sense the Fremen would lynch him for flavor reasons though.

Another interesting thing about the flavor is a Harkonnen courier killed the Harkonnen/Corrino emperor.

A possibility Baron betrayed his nominal ally to put his nephew on the throne, which makes a monolithic scum increasingly unlikely.

Not A Raptor

Postby Not A Raptor » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:10 am UTC

Don't put words in my mouth. I didn't say that AMT has a silencing power or that she used one on me. I said I was silenced. Any information as to why is, quite frankly, sensitive. All you need to know is that you don't need to worry about who did it because nobody did. It was a weird mechanism. What I did say was that AMT is using or has used a power today... or last night. I could be misinterpreting my information, as AMT suggested.

Like Wizardry.

ameretrifle
Vera

Postby ameretrifle » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:32 am UTC

Sadly I think you already gave it away, but luckily a lot of people don't read. ;)

Yes, I have a power. Rereading, it is apparently optional, which surprises me. It does not really help anyone, but it has caused harm to no one, is not likely to cause harm to anyone, and is vital to my secondary win condition, which I don't really hold out much hope of fufilling but I have to try. I will probably be willing to provide more details on request.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:32 am UTC

I think that Harkonnen and Corrino are two completely different win conditions, which may go together for some characters but not for others. The emperor is concerned with keeping the spice flowing and perpetuating his line (and presumably staying alive himself -- he failed miserably here). In the book, he thought that his best chances for all this went with House Harkonnen, which is shown by his Harkonnen allegiance in the game.

The Harkonnens want to profit from the spice. (Although, how that works in-game has yet to be seen. As they seem to be the primary scum -- night kill -- I am guessing that they have to eliminate all "competing" factions, that is the Fremen and Atreides, possibly some others.) As we've seen, the secondary motivations of these characters can be played to the town's advantage. Also, the Harkonnens don't seem to be in contact with their "secondary" members/allies, otherwise, they wouldn't have killed the emperor so quickly, I presume.

Presumably, the Princess Irulan and the Reverend Mother Mohiam have completely different secondary conditions than Shadamm himself had, which are going to remove them from the typical "scum" definition.

The flavor would seem to suggest that the Fremen form the major "town" faction, but there are probably several wrinkles brought about by the secondary affiliations. The Fremen who stick out in my memory are Kynes (officially worked for the emperor as a planetologist, allied with Atreides later, then died -- might not even be around), Stilgar (almost certainly an Atreides ally) and Chani (some sort of lover condition with Paul, perhaps). There were also some house servants and the like.

These thoughts are a bit random -- I woke up with allergies and couldn't get back to sleep. But now my alarm is about to go off, so I'll leave it here.

Silknor

Postby Silknor » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:46 am UTC

Random other fremen wrinkle since you have me thinking about it: Jamis. Paul killed him, so he's not likely to be that sympathetic to Maud'Dib. Kynes as you note, could go either way.

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:32 am UTC

ameretrifle wrote:
ameretrifle wrote:Seriously, I'm pretty sure that's 2 or 3 votes *over* hammer and I'm a bit worried about everyone who was insecure enough to bother.

BigNose wrote:Thx Lat.

Vote: Lataro
Oh hey look it's the guy I'm still voting. ;D
That was from my phone and as there wasn't any votals at the time . . . .

Can someone make more of this than me?
Lataro has been lynched. He was Glossu 'Beast' Rabban, roleblocker, Harkonnen/Independent.
Krong has been killed. He was Emperor Shaddam Corrino IV, Corrino/Harkonnen.
Feyd-Rautha has become Emperor.

If Harkonnen are Scum, then why was Lataro an Indy?
I can undertand him being Scum with a second win condition, but this is a little strange.
Krong was the Emperor and Cycoden now, but is that a bad thing?
Again, there is no Scum/Town indication and we are making an assumption that Harkonnen are Scum.
What other Factions support the Emperor? What is the role of the Emperor in the books?

Am I better off thinking that there is NO scum in this game per se and that it is simply faction vs faction vs faction (vs faction).
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:59 am UTC

This is the "two allegiance" thing in action.

As I read it, Lataro gets one win if the Harkonnen achieve their goal, which I am assuming is a typical scum-like goal.
He gets a second win as an Independant. As he told us in his self-vote post, he wanted to assured that Feyd never became emperor, which I assume was his goal.

The Emperor had his first allegiance to himself, and will get a win if his faction completes their goal, but he also wins if the Harkonnens should complete their goal.

The Emperor is the ruler of basically everything, but the universe is parcelled out in a feudal system. The two Houses that are most involved in the story are Atreides and Harkonnen. As most of our protagonists are members of House Atreides, it is natural to think of them as "town-ish" and the Harkonnens (who are the big enemies of the Atreides) as "scum-ish".

In the book, the big question is who will marry the Princess Irulan to become the next Emperor -- as the title is hereditary, only goes to males, and there are no male heirs, the heir to the throne is automatically the husband of Shaddam's daughter, Irulan.

If Feyd should die, the Emperorship would likely fall on Duke Leto (Paul's father) or Paul himself.

Just because the Emperor was Harkonnen-allied doesn't mean that everyone else in his House has the same alliance. Everything is more complicated than just "town" and "scum", but I think that the vast majority of foll members of House Atreides and the Fremen are going to end up being what we would call "town", though they probably have slightly different goals, and the vast majority of full members of House Harkonnen (all, really) are going to end up being what we would call "scum".

cycoden

Postby cycoden » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:35 pm UTC

Hi everyone,

I've just got back home from an unexpected interstate trip. I'll be catching up on the momentous events that have occured here within the next two days.
VectorZero wrote:SEXUAL INTERCOURSE DISGUSTS ME!
Spoiler:
Bulvox wrote:This is probably one of the few times that I'll agree with Cycoden on anything. I just wish that my brain worked like that.

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:54 pm UTC

Wow, that night (& associated flavour) didn't make things any less confusing (to me) at all. I was really hoping we'd get some clarity.

So we don't get the win conditions actually revealed, merely the allegiances. That sucks - it would be nice to know what the Harkonnens and Corrinos actually want. I'm getting the general vibe that the Harkonnen=scum thing is more likely than some of us (including me) thought yesterday, though.

I'll try and put together a longer more cohesive post later, but for now I thought I'd comment on the player-by-player analysis discussion b.i.o and greenlover were having in the twilight:

Part of the reason I do appreciate that style of analysis is exactly because it's easy for scum players to sneak in misinformation. It means when someone dies, and we find they were scum, we have their comments on every player in the game which can be analysed for information and connections. Similarly, others' posts about the dead players can be analysed. I agree such analysis isn't always massively useful immediately, but it can be good to refer back to.

mister k

Postby mister k » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:42 pm UTC

So, things we've learnt

-we can presume that alignments are of the following- faction (a house/ fremen) or independent (lyncher for example. I strongly suspect that this was lataro's second condition).
-There is at least one night kill. There could have been more attempted kills last night which have been doctored. If harkonnen are our scum (and it seems most likely), we'd expect them to have a night kill unless they have a recruit (which seems implausible from set up). If they did use it, then either they got blocked or hit one of their own, which is interesting.
-There is an Emporer. At least some win conditions seem to be attached to this. What powers the current emporer might get are unclear.

Question is, do we trust lataro or not? He certainly wants cycoden dead, and if cycoden is harkonen then I guess it makes sense, but we don't know if he was telling the truth or not. Reading his wiki article I guess its possible, but his main antipathy would surely be with the father he murdered? Depends on whether the father was in the game or not, presumably not.
Elvish Pillager wrote:you're basically a daytime-miller: you always come up as guilty to scumdar.

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:48 pm UTC

I find that the problem of whether we are to trust Cycoden, and by inference - Lataro, is just going to become wine.

If we leave Cycoden alive, will Harkonnen kill him?
WIll some other faction do it?
Will they NOT kill him to create more wine?

It doesn't help that I don't even know if Harkonnen ARE scum.

What is good/strange, is the number of NK's. With such a number playing and the potential for 3 or 4 (or 5?) factions, that more NK's didn't occur.
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:11 pm UTC

I think that Lataro's "take Feyd down with me" post got too many of the details as they have turned out right to have been just a clever ploy. I don't see any real likelihood that Rabban would have an investigation, so the rolenames he could pick out would be fellow scum. I suppose it's possible that cycoden is just a random non-Harkonnen character, but I am inclined to risk it at the moment. Unfortunately, cycoden says we have to wait two days for his input…

Not A Raptor

Postby Not A Raptor » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:25 pm UTC

BigNose wrote:I find that the problem of whether we are to trust Cycoden, and by inference - Lataro, is just going to become wine.

What is good/strange, is the number of NK's. With such a number playing and the potential for 3 or 4 (or 5?) factions, that more NK's didn't occur.

What do you mean, we don't even know if Harkonnen are scum? What I can see is fairly obvious. The Harkonnens had the ability to chat with each other in private (see Lataro's apologizing about falseclaiming his secondary condition), they have a kill, and Lataro said he was ditching his primary win to betray one of his own. It seems obvious that town/scum would be primary objectives and that scum powers means scum designation. Even if it's all just wine, the best way to clear it up is to lynch Cycoden, because the probability of any of what I said just now being wrong seems low.

Like Wizardry.

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:57 am UTC

Not A Raptor wrote:
BigNose wrote:I find that the problem of whether we are to trust Cycoden, and by inference - Lataro, is just going to become wine.

What do you mean, we don't even know if Harkonnen are scum? What I can see is fairly obvious. The Harkonnens had the ability to chat with each other in private (see Lataro's apologizing about falseclaiming his secondary condition), they have a kill, and Lataro said he was ditching his primary win to betray one of his own. It seems obvious that town/scum would be primary objectives and that scum powers means scum designation. Even if it's all just wine, the best way to clear it up is to lynch Cycoden, because the probability of any of what I said just now being wrong seems low.
Because of the current interactions and the night flavour not stating Town or Scum, I am now going on the faction vs faction vs faction scenario, where NOBODY is Scum per se, just anti - you/me.
Regarding Cycoden, I agree, but I want to wait for a response and more talk before I vote.

weiyaoli

Postby weiyaoli » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:49 pm UTC

Wait what?

I don't see why the Harkonnen faction would want to kill someone of their own faction. What possible reason could there be for this?
And you thought I was crazy...

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:11 pm UTC

My reading is this: The first allegiance is "who you are". Paul Atreides would likely have "Atreides" here. Any Fremen would have "Fremen". Any member of the Imperial Household would have "Corrino" here. I think that the scum night-talk depends only on the first allegiance.

However, everyone also has a second win condition (if not officially secondary) that depends on the characters motivations. The Emporer had a pro-Harkonnen motivation, and will gain a win (despite dying), if the Harkonnens manage their condition. However, he wasn't "really" a Harkonnen, so the other members of the faction didn't know who he was.

There might be cases where a secondary faction gets a mason-like power as well, but we haven't seen evidence of this. As it stands, it seems like we could read the emperor's alignment as "Corrino member/Harkonnen supporter" and the Beast's as "Harkonnen member/Independent condition".

I could be totally wrong on this, but I don't think I am.

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:23 pm UTC

I know people are waiting for cycoden to post, but I'm sure there are other topics to discuss also. If the chat doesn't pick up, mod prods will be sent out shortly.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:15 am UTC

Well, at the very least, I am going to put some pressure on cycoden. I've waited a day already.

Vote: cycoden

ameretrifle
Vera

Postby ameretrifle » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:28 am UTC

I agree with mpolo on the likely meaning of the role-reveal meanings, and am not sure what else to say. I'm afraid if I try, a fullclaim will slip out, and intellectually I know that's probably still a bad idea. >_> I would very much like to hear from cycoden, and if he does not appear by Thursday I can't say I object to a wagon.

If Lataro was telling the truth, cycoden's Emperor now, right? Wonder just what that entails-- and if it can transfer again...

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:52 am UTC

The following players have not posted since daybreak: BXM, e_e, PE, DrUg, greenlover, mavketl (who is away.) Prods have been sent to the first five.

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby existential_elevator » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:01 am UTC

I am still up-to-date with reading and following the game, I just have no idea what is going on, and no idea even how to start working out who I'm meant to be allied with. It's like being half blind. I do think it's factions v factions. I have no idea what the emperor stuff is about, or if it will affect anything. This would probably be easier to play if it was a straight mafia set-up or if I knew anyone else in my faction :P

mister k

Postby mister k » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:03 am UTC

It does seem to make sense to lynch cycoden unless he can give us a reason not to. I've kind of gone through all my thoughts on the previous night, mpolo's argument seems very sensible to me, and would make last nights kill make sense. That might even imply that theres only one kill around, which is very civillised for such a large game.

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:17 pm UTC

I'm back (and tired), and I find surprisingly little has happened.

I think lynching cycoden should be our first order of business: Lataro's claim was rather specific, and for a flavour-challenged person it would be very hard to come up with - also it fits with the 'Feyd-Rautha is now emperor' stuff. I'll await cycoden's reply before voting, but not for much longer.

Also, BigNose's talk of how we should not call the Harkonnen scum rather annoys me.
Scenario A: we're in a town vs scum set-up. We want to hunt scum as if they were scum.
Scenario B: we're in a faction vs faction vs faction set-up. We all want to pretend we're hunting scum while we are trying to protect and eliminate whomever our win conditions tell us to protect or eliminate.

Scenario C, most probably in my opinion: Both. We have relatively 'regular' factions, with the Harkonnen being scumsters, and everyone has an individual win condition that can be in line with their faction's goals, opposed to it (like Lataro's backstabbing condition), or just completely unrelated.

Right now, it sure seems like we have a majority in favour of killing the Harkonnen. Does it matter whether we define them as "scum" or as "that faction that has chat privileges, has a kill power, and wants to rule the universe and probably kill Paul Atreides"?
Not A Raptor: Mav can be a very wily and dangerous player.
roband: Mav has a way of making everything seem right.
ELEPHANT SCIENCE - MORE ELEPHANT SCIENCE
- NEW: Elephant Math!

cycoden

Postby cycoden » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:20 pm UTC

Well. This is a cruel and bitter irony.

Similar to Latero, I too have a Harkonnen/Independant win condition.

I have achieved my Harkonnen win by fulfilling my uncle's desire that I become Emporer. Therefore, the only win condition I now need to satisfy is independant. Since I became Emporer, I can no longer privately communicate with the rest of the House, and thus have no influence over the night kill.

My independant win condition... well, since I have between Buckley's and none of achieving it, I may as well share it with you: survive to the end of the game (as Emporer). Like there is any chance of that happening. (I wouldn't mind trying though!)

Still, I might as well assist my new subjects as best I can. Mpolo has let enough slip that I think this is worth trying:

Kill: mpolo

I'd also highly recommend voting BigNose.

Vote: BigNose
VectorZero wrote:SEXUAL INTERCOURSE DISGUSTS ME!
Spoiler:
Bulvox wrote:This is probably one of the few times that I'll agree with Cycoden on anything. I just wish that my brain worked like that.

Return to “Mafia”