[T] MoA Replay - Game Over - Mafia wins - FBI loses

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Re: [T] MoA Replay - Night 10 - 8 down, 8 to go

Postby MasterOfAll » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:44 pm UTC

Vote Count

Weeks - 2 (weiyaoli, Mavketl)

5 Votes needed to kill immediately, or 3 Votes at deadline.

Deadline is 4 hours, 23 minutes from now.

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:07 pm UTC

Vote: Weeks
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

mieulium

Postby mieulium » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:08 pm UTC

Well, I can't say Weeks was on my scum-dar, since its her typical gameplay, but

Hi. This is Martha. She likes dull objects. She likes you too! Oh wait... I guess you'd better get some brain training on then.

"OBJECTION!"

Weeks
Hey Baby, wanna make a fortnight?

Postby Weeks » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:44 pm UTC

Wa-hoo!

TaintedDeity wrote:Tainted Deity
suffer-cait wrote:One day I'm gun a go visit weeks and discover they're just a computer in a trashcan at an ice cream shop.
Dthen wrote:FUCK CHRISTMAS FUCK EVERYTHING FUCK YOU TOO FUCK OFF

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Re: [T] MoA Replay - Game Over - Mafia wins - FBI loses

Postby MasterOfAll » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:00 pm UTC

And, keeping the pattern . . .

Weeks has been killed. He was an FBI Snitch.

There is still 1 FBI Snitch left, but with 2 confirmed Mafia (Mavketl and Brooklynxman) I do not see anyway for FBI to win anymore, so no point in having this game drag out any longer.

GAME OVER.

Mafia wins. FBI loses.

Anyone want to guess who the final Snitch is?

weiyaoli

Postby weiyaoli » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:02 pm UTC

Lataro?
And you thought I was crazy...

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Postby MasterOfAll » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:04 pm UTC

No.

ForAllOfThis

Postby ForAllOfThis » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:09 pm UTC

I really shouldn't of attempted to lynch wei. I think mav already had decided who were snitches before then though.

weiyaoli

Postby weiyaoli » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:19 pm UTC

Then that leaves mieu.
And you thought I was crazy...

Weeks

Postby Weeks » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:19 pm UTC

Uhh....b.i.o!
suffer-cait wrote:One day I'm gun a go visit weeks and discover they're just a computer in a trashcan at an ice cream shop.

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:58 pm UTC

I was going to go with Lataro or mieulium, so if it's not Lataro...

The first half of this game (until we lynched Dr Ug) was really frustrating, since I needed everyone to talk to figure out what was going on, but they didn't really have something to talk about. So I felt kind of bad whining at everyone that they should talk more because hey, not really their fault.

Also because I suck at playing against cult and I had to figure things out all by myself instead of bounce ideas off others which is kind of my normal playing style.
Not A Raptor: Mav can be a very wily and dangerous player.
roband: Mav has a way of making everything seem right.
ELEPHANT SCIENCE - MORE ELEPHANT SCIENCE
- NEW: Elephant Math!

Elvish Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Postby Elvish Pillager » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:11 pm UTC

Repost from the discussion thread:

I think the big weakness of this setup is that, once the players have figured out the strategies, the outcome is based on the giant game of rock-paper-scissors between the Agent and the Godfather as much as anything else. ("Don't recruit Capos" beats "have the Capos check each other" beats "recruit Capos" beats "have the Capos check Made Men" beats "Don't recruit Capos".)

Glancing back at the original game... wow, this game parallels the original enormously. In both games, there was a confirmed-FBI Capo and the Godfather opted to try to reconvert someone else instead, because they were afraid the FBI Capo was the Agent. The main difference is that in this case, the godfather was successful in hitting another Snitch with the conversion.
Also known as Eli Dupree. Check out elidupree.com for my comics, games, and other work.

GENERATION A(g64, g64): Social experiment. Take the busy beaver function of the generation number and add it to your signature.

Weeks

Postby Weeks » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:11 pm UTC

...Do you wanna know when I was recruited?

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:15 pm UTC

You were last. I was second-to-last. At least that meant that I knew who my "buddies" were, but it was kind of hopeless at that point, as Mavketl had a pretty impressive bead on who the FBI were.
Image <-- Evil experiment

ForAllOfThis

Postby ForAllOfThis » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:21 pm UTC

I was recruited day 2. A little annoyed because I thought weeks would be quite an easy target if not FBI. I think EP should get FBI player of the match though. Although at first it annoyed me because I thought the wine made it pretty obvious, as the agent would want to get converted. Clearly worked though so hats off to EP. I was hoping you were going to try to re-convert Ug after the "I find these the most scummy". =(

Elvish Pillager

Postby Elvish Pillager » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:27 pm UTC

I was the D1 recruit... I was slightly peeved to be recruited right after helping Mavketl a bunch with her FBI-hunting tactics. On the other hand, Dr Ug was happy about that :P

I said somewhere in the discussion thread that I'd claim victory as mafia for having promoted a good investigation strategy, but I can't really claim that because Mavketl picked her reconvert target by intuition, in open defiance of the reliable investigation strategy. :P
Also known as Eli Dupree. Check out elidupree.com for my comics, games, and other work.

GENERATION A(g64, g64): Social experiment. Take the busy beaver function of the generation number and add it to your signature.

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:43 pm UTC

Elvish Pillager wrote:I was the D1 recruit... I was slightly peeved to be recruited right after helping Mavketl a bunch with her FBI-hunting tactics. On the other hand, Dr Ug was happy about that :P

I said somewhere in the discussion thread that I'd claim victory as mafia for having promoted a good investigation strategy, but I can't really claim that because Mavketl picked her reconvert target by intuition, in open defiance of the reliable investigation strategy. :P
Since I had already used my protect by then, there was no reliable target for conversion. If I would've converted you back, it would've been processed at the end of the night, and at the end of the day (roughly 5 minutes later) you would've been re-recruited by the FBI.

If you would've kept silent I might've actually have made the mistake of converting you, but fortunately I realized during that night that it wouldn't work.

So yeah, I didn't convert you not because I thought you were the Agent, but because I knew you'd be recruited right back if Dr Ug was paying attention. If I had realized exactly how the conversion worked, I wouldn't have used my protect of course. It's the combination of "conversion processes at the end of a night" and "there are no days" that made it quite hard to get a 100% sure conversion...
Not A Raptor: Mav can be a very wily and dangerous player.
roband: Mav has a way of making everything seem right.
ELEPHANT SCIENCE - MORE ELEPHANT SCIENCE
- NEW: Elephant Math!

Elvish Pillager

Postby Elvish Pillager » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:54 pm UTC

Dr Ug didn't know that you'd used up your protection, though. I think you could easily have bluffed him into thinking that you were protecting me that day.

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:49 pm UTC

Yeah, I'm impressed at Mav's picking skills, especially as random.org did most of my recruiting for me (I did skip a few when they were obviously going to get lynched that day).

I did know about the whole copping strat due to EP telling me about it - so I knew you hadn't copped cycoden.

I don't think EP should have exploded so much - I knew he was going to be confirmed FBI that day and was actually planning on re-recruiting him - Mav if he hadn't exploded the wine so much, would you have derecruited him? Ah you've already answered that. Yeah I thought that was bad play by EP. But equally bad was BXM exploding when he was derecruited - he should have kept that secret.

When did you de-recruit BXM? I almost re-recruited him D4 as I thought he'd be the most likely attempt if you didn't do EP, but convinced myself not to :(.
Where did my old signature go? :(

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Postby MasterOfAll » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:07 pm UTC

Here are the actions . . .

Elvish Pillager . . . . . . . . was converted D1
ForAllOfThis . . . . . . . . . was converted D2
Brooklynxman . . . . . . . . was converted D3 (converted back by Mavketl on N5)
Mieulium. . . . . . . . . . . . was converted D4
mpolo. . . . . . . . . . . . . . was converted D5
Weeks. . . . . . . . . . . . . . was converted D6

michaelandjimi investigated cycoden on D4 (got 'loyal mafia' result)

Lataro investigated michaelandjimi on D4 (got 'loyal mafia' result)

Mavketl protected Elvish Pillager from conversion on N4.

I am not going to post any of the PM chatter, but if any of you feel like sharing, feel free . . .

Thanks for playing, and remember to tip your waitstaff . . .

Elvish Pillager

Postby Elvish Pillager » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:42 pm UTC

Dr Ug wrote:I don't think EP should have exploded so much - I knew he was going to be confirmed FBI that day and was actually planning on re-recruiting him - Mav if he hadn't exploded the wine so much, would you have derecruited him? Ah you've already answered that. Yeah I thought that was bad play by EP.

Well, remember, both I and Mavketl missed the stealth rule change that made the instant-rerecruit tactic possible. I quote the OP:
MasterOfAll wrote:5. One time only, during the day or night, he can select one player to convert. This is accomplished by sending a PM to me. Results of this conversion attempt are not disclosed to anyone, except the target as appropriate, who is told of the attempt via PM and reminded of this:
If target is FBI Snitch, target becomes mafia again, but retains ability to PM with FBI Agent.

I (incorrectly) assumed that the change to a nightless (well, dayless) format wasn't going to cause substantive rule changes, so I didn't cross-reference with that post when planning my strategy.

Return to “Mafia”