[m] The Sailors of Sea Nine! ~ Game Ov-arrrr!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
webby
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:02 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: [m] The Sailors of Sea Nine! ~ D2: T'Davy Jones With 'em

Postby webby » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:40 am UTC

roband, I think I might use the word 'attack' a bit differently to how you would, I don't think I mean it as strongly as you think I do.

I know the situation with Robot_Raptor isn't ideal, but I've seen this sort of thing happen with bantler, more_people, markstonia and they've all flipped town. In fact, more_people seems to act less scummy when he's scum. :P I'm not claiming to have a good read on Robot_Raptor, which is most of the reason I've been looking at scumteams rather than individuals. But equally, in the absence of any additional information, I would have rated the chances of Robot_Raptor being scum at slightly less than 50%.

That was at least until I read his last post more carefully, now I'm worried. It does seem possible that he'd just sit back and watch us 'shoot oursleves in the foot' (as he phrased it) if he was scum. Also his discussion of optimal scum and town play is worrying, because his discussion of optimal play shows firstly that he's aware of what should be done, and secondly there's the possibility that he's making a subtle reference to the vote that's currently on him in the hope that we'll pick up on it.

Then there's Chandani, who hasn't been acting particularly helpful to town, but not necessarily scummy either.

I think the links I've found between roband and jayhsu is reasonably strong evidence, but I'll entertain the possibility roband got unlucky with the timing of when you happened to express your suspicions of Robot_Raptor.

I want proper analysis posts from Chandani and Robot_Raptor.

Right now it's leaning towards roband and jayhsu being scum, but if I get decent responses from jayhsu and roband and nothing good from Chandani and Robot_Raptor, this is likely to change.

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [m] The Sailors of Sea Nine! ~ D2: T'Davy Jones With 'em

Postby roband » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:10 am UTC

The fact of the matter is that the only thing that makes you think I'm scum is association. And it's not even association, it's supposed distancing.
I don't know.

I have not actively distanced myself from anyone in this game, because I am not scum. If scum have chosen to distance themselves from me, I suppose that could be a tactic worth bearing in mind.

As it is, webby, I think we need to look at the fact that there has been no hammer on RR. This tells us, as someone has already mentioned, that this means either one or both of them are scum.

In a straight up race between the two in this game, who would you say was more scummy?
The reason I ask this is because I trust you enough (I'm 99% sure you're town in this game) when you think jay might be worth lynching, yet RR has been screaming scum at me all game.
New, old, experienced, inexperienced, it doesn't matter what your situation is when you play so anti-town.

Anyway, I'm prepared to follow your lead on a lynch now, if you accept that those scumteams you proposed are not definite.
In actual fact, as I trust you as town and I know I'm town. If we lynch jay and he's scum, I would still struggle to pick between RR and chadani for the other role.

I just woke up, so more content later.

Mod, how long til deadline please?

User avatar
webby
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:02 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: [m] The Sailors of Sea Nine! ~ D2: T'Davy Jones With 'em

Postby webby » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:07 pm UTC

Very quick post because I need to go to bed. I'll deal with roband's points later.

I've just realised how scummy jay's vote was. There is absolutely no reason to put a vote on in that situation other than the hope that a town player is going to also vote so your scumbuddy can hammer.

Anyone disagree? I think i'm going to vote for jayhsu in the morning unless someone convinces me otherwise.

User avatar
jayhsu
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:38 am UTC

Re: [m] The Sailors of Sea Nine! ~ D2: T'Davy Jones With 'em

Postby jayhsu » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:18 pm UTC

Have to go soon, so I'll try to be quick.

-Re my vote: I was not sure if I would be back in time for the deadline and I wanted to make sure my vote got in. As it stands, I probably will not be back online until Saturday night, and so my vote stays; again, we absolutely cannot have a no lynch today.

Chandani wrote:First of all... was this ever answered?
jayhsu wrote:-@WebbyNinja: Interesting analysis. I would point out that your own points seem to refute a possibility that both RR and I are scum, as I think I have been fairly hard on him throughout the game - something you have taken into account for other players.
Because I didn't see it in any posts.


-I don't understand what you mean; see Webby's scum-teams analysis.

-I agree with the logic of webby's scumteams, but the possibility exists that scum have not hammered because they are misinterpreting the situation, or just waiting - they may not have to speedlynch and answer for it the next day if they can convince two town to vote the other. Scum could also be wary, in that if they both speed-lynched, the town player may pull out their vote before it was accomplished, and expose them.

-RR still being antagonistic and not posting much player spec. This has been addressed by previous posts.

-I have not analyzed Roband's posts because I don't see the need to as of yet; I'm fairly convinced that RR is scum and I plan to analyze roband D3 when it comes down to it. If I survive the night, anyway.

Okay, gotta go; see you guys soon.
-Jay

User avatar
cjdrum
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:51 am UTC
Location: BACK

Re: [m] The Sailors of Sea Nine! ~ D2: T'Davy Jones With 'em

Postby cjdrum » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:30 pm UTC

About 32.5 hours until deadline.

Vote Count, in case someone needs it
Robot_Raptor (1) - jayhsu

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to "lynch". Plurality decides at deadline.
:shock:

User avatar
webby
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:02 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: [m] The Sailors of Sea Nine! ~ D2: T'Davy Jones With 'em

Postby webby » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:47 pm UTC

I got my timezones mixed up and didn't realise we had so long until deadline. Therefore, not voting yet, waiting for Robot_Raptor and Chandani to post.

Jayhsu, fair enough about the not knowing if you'd be back before deadline, because if one townie doesn't vote, we lose.

However, your third point makes no sense at all. Why would they have to answer to the town tomorrow when they'd have won already? And I think it very unlikely, given that you've said you're unlikely to be around much (I have a vague memory of you saying that when you first put the vote on?) that scum would worry about the town player (supposedly you) getting on to unvote. That's how I can just about be sure either you or Robot_Raptor are scum. People in this game may not all be playing particularly pro-town, but they're not stupid.

Roband - You've misinterpreted again (third time you've misinterpreted my posts by my count :P). Pretty sure 'every time jayhsu gets put under suspicion, roband turns the conversation back to how scummy Robot_Raptor is' is association rather than distancing.

Then you try and convince me to worry only about individuals, not teams etc. I don't like that, I think I should use all the different types of information I can get. That to me sounds like you think you can convince me that Robot_Raptor has acted scummier than jayhsu, therefore I'm going to vote for him.

Apologies for being so cynical, but your latest post does read like you're attaching yourself to a townie, distancing from jayhsu, and trying to put the vote onto Robot_Raptor, all in one. :P I'm still open to being convinced otherwise.

Still going to vote jayhsu if Chandani and Robot_Raptor post something reasonable, I haven't been convinced by jayhsu and roband's latest posts.

A reminder that it's crucial that all townies vote today. We can't afford a tie and a no-lynch. If you think it might be the last time you post before deadline, then vote.

User avatar
Chandani
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:27 pm UTC
Location: Here

Re: [m] The Sailors of Sea Nine! ~ D2: T'Davy Jones With 'em

Postby Chandani » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:49 am UTC

Hullo.
jayhsu wrote:
Chandani wrote:First of all... was this ever answered?
jayhsu wrote:-@WebbyNinja: Interesting analysis. I would point out that your own points seem to refute a possibility that both RR and I are scum, as I think I have been fairly hard on him throughout the game - something you have taken into account for other players.
Because I didn't see it in any posts.


-I don't understand what you mean; see Webby's scum-teams analysis.
Well, this (your post I quoted the first time) was after webby's first scum-team analysis post. I was wondering if webby ever addressed it (which I put down as answered, sorry for any confusion). Webby clarified before your post, so that makes everything better.

webby's posts make sense: I think that the pattern that they posit is interesting. They seem to act in a good townie way, though my look at them with R_R was interesting, to say the least.
R_R is being, a direct quote, 'a pompous ass'. Right now, my opinion has changed from 'he's new' to 'he can't be scum and playing so bad', which is a really bad reason to think and has no factual basis to back it up. I still think jay is more likely to be scum because their actions just don't seem to mesh right, while R_R... just doesn't get it. And it still seems way too obvious, though that could be paranoia kicking in. Or not. arrgh

I do think that the lack of voting, especially on R_R, who anyone could vote for with ease and not look too bad, is really telling about jay. It could be that R_R is scum and the scum team isn't hammering, though my personal opinion is that jay is fishing for a townie vote on R_R so his scummate could hammer. It can't be that jay is townie voting for town, since there would be absolutely no reason for scum NOT to hammer after that: there could be timezone issues which may be making them wary, though I feel like most people have similar timezones here. Maybe. And then webby's point is good, since there seemed to be no reason for jay to vote early (though they did explain that later about deadline issues, though they didn't state that in their vote post. And it doesn't make sense, since he's voting very early in the game without any stated reason which would be bad for town but good for scum)

Since no one finished the webby analyses, I'll go through them quickly.
Webby-roband
Spoiler:
Webby asks roband to tell us why he didn't reply to to Chandani's NL idea even though he replied after it. Roband replies that they wanted to think on the NL option and wanted to solely focus on questions in that post.
Roband says webby copied what he had said before. Webby asks where. Roband says it was earlier in the game, and says that if needed to vote right now, would vote for Chandani for reaction to RVS or webby because of hypocrisy. Webby says that they don't understand how that was repitition and that the point was not about repeating something but that they didn't reply to something when they could have.
Webby posts analysis of roband, places him at neutral to slightly scummy. Roband comments on analysis, which summarizes into not understanding how it is scummy in the end. One point was that his 'posting without discussion' wasn't necessarily bad. Webby says that roband is missing the point again, saying that the posts imply that roband is reading the thread, and not posting content along with the contentless posts is bad.
Roband gets angry for people calling him a lurker. Webby says that if he called roband a lurker, it would only be for the beginning of the thread, not from that point onward.
Day 2 appears, and roband thinks webby is townie, for no apparent reason (this is an almost-direct quote, I swear).
Webby posts a pretty scum-team analysis, and roband comments that he is dissapointed that webby didn't look at possible connections between them and other townies, though it could be paranoia kicking in. Webby replies saying that they thought it was accepted practice since there is no way you're going to be objective.
Webby posts that they think they've convinced themselves that the scum team is roband/jay, because they are pushing for an easy lynch and since it seems like they're trying to distance from each other. Roband replies that he believes he has treated webby and jay about the same, and could vote for both of them, though thinks webby is more townie.
Webby replies to Chandani's post about roband's action, explaining it with more detail. Ends with the conclusion that roband seems to push for R_R when jay is in danger, and distancing going on. Roband replies stating that he had never stated he would not vote for jay, and then some stuff about R_R which I don't really know needs to be looked at in a connection analysis. Oh, and something about attack being strong/not right.
Webby replies with saying that they use attack differently from roband, and goes into a longer explanation about R_R and that situation. Believes strong evidence to link roband and jay together (scummy), though could change depending on the responses from other players. Roband replies by denying distancing (because 'he is not scum'), brings up fact about R_R, and says he would follow webby since he trusts them as town.
Webby replies with saying roband has misunderstood again (and yes, it is for the third time by your count :P). States that it is association, not distancing (which I thought was weird, but then I get: webby uses distancing to explain actions, which connects the two, which is association. I think this is right) Doesn't like roband's attempt to make him focus on individual over team. Thinks that last post reads like 'you're attaching to a townie, distancing from jayhsu, and trying to put the vote onto R_R all in one'.

Conclusion: First of all, damn is this long. Second of all...there is a heck of a lot of fighting. A heck. And right now, webby is pretty suspicious of roband and isn't agreeing with him on much (today). Yesterday there was a little bit of fighting, though really not much. There aren't many times when they state agreement. It's also interesting to see that roband's role is pretty much defensive, and hasn't really posted much on webby (though there was a post about not feeling well, so eh). If this is a scum team... then they're doing a heck of a good job not looking at all related since they seem to be at direct disagreement with each other. I don't think they are a scum team, no siree.

More to follow.

User avatar
Chandani
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:27 pm UTC
Location: Here

Re: [m] The Sailors of Sea Nine! ~ D2: T'Davy Jones With 'em

Postby Chandani » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:10 am UTC

webby-jayhsu:
Spoiler:
webby asks why jay thinks roband's answer to the second question looks scummy. Jay replies by saying that it looks dodgy since it wasn't clear and thus could be used to his advantage later on. Would give GoP and roband benefit of doubt for not answering right away, and points out that R_R did the same thing. Webby replies that he didn't see anything dodgy with it, and says that with GoP and roband, they at least brought in new content when they agreed with jay, and that they could believe they missed it the first time around. Ignores R_R since new.
Jay says 'oops' for bringing up same 2-2 scum/town balance point as webby.
Webby does analysis on jay: comes to conclusion that there has been a lot about set-up, but had the same amount of scumhunting as other players, believed that jay was a bit aggressive about roband's answer. Places jay at neutral.
Jay later states that webby has useful posts and has started discussion. Placed webby in townie section of analysis. Webby responds to jay's analysis by stating that they were happy to see some analysis from jay and broadly agrees with conclusions except for GoP. Can understand why GoP didn't like jay's focus on setup.
Day 2 appears, and webby posts a scumteam analysis which puts jay in the top two slots for being scum. Ends analysis by stating that jay or R_R or both could be scum. Jay responds by saying that analysis is interesing. Thinks webby's analysis refutes possibility of R_R and jay both being scum since jay had been hard on R_R throughout the game (though I didn't really see that through my cursory look through jay's posts...? I didn't mention it in the analysis I did on him in D1, at least) Puts webby as very town (right below jay!)
Webby brings up interesting thing that jay put Ibarra as more scummy than Chandani before, so more likely to vote for Ibarra, thus meaning Chandani wasn't in danger. Ends by saying 95% sure at least one of jayhsu and R_R is scum.
Webby then posts that getting convinced scumteam is jay/roband, since both seem to be pushing for R_R lynch and seem to be distancing from each other.
jay comments on webby's statement that R_R's play isn't necessarily scummy even though it certainly doesn't help town by saying anything that isn't town is antitown. Then votes for R_R.
Webby replies to Chandani's post, ends with strong conviction that either R_R or jay are scum. Ends by saying will vote for jay after giving people some time.
Webby realizes how scummy jay's vote is:
There is absolutely no reason to put a vote on in that situation other than the hope that a town player is going to also vote so your scumbuddy can hammer.
Says will vote for jay in the morning if no one says otherwise.
Jay explains vote by saying that he wasn't sure he would be on again for deadline: ends by saying won't be on until after deadline, so vote stands. Then says:
I agree with the logic of webby's scumteams, but the possibility exists that scum have not hammered because they are misinterpreting the situation, or just waiting - they may not have to speedlynch and answer for it the next day if they can convince two town to vote the other. Scum could also be wary, in that if they both speed-lynched, the town player may pull out their vote before it was accomplished, and expose them.

Webby accepts jay's reason of not voting because of deadline issues. But does not agree with quoted portion: scum won't have to answer to town if they win. Plus, since jay had said before that he wouldn't be around (supposed to be in vote post, but I didn't see that anywhere) so scum wouldn't have to worry about town taking off vote. Uses this to support belief that either jay or R_R are scum. Says is going to vote for jay if Chandani or R_R don't post anything reasonable.

Conclusion: Not much discussion going on here: first day, little interaction, both view each other in decent light. I noticed that jay doesn't really respond to analyses with own opinion: for instance, on D1, didn't respond to webby's analysis on himself, and doesn't comment on webby putting jay/roband as scumteam together. Webby seems to be hesistant to vote for jay, though I'm not sure if that's necessarily bad or not. The whole 'I will vote for jay if no one else scummier appears' reminds me of what webby said roband was supposed to be doing... but I don't think that's a fair comparison to make. It's just really weird to me. Other than that, nothing weird is coming out of their correspondence. Slightly pingy, but nothing major.

I find it interesting that both roband and jay, both of whom webby is suspicious of, both view webby as townie. I don't know where I'm trying to go with this, but it would seem to me that people who are suspicious of you are the first people you become suspicious of, usually, so I don't really get it.

User avatar
webby
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:02 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: [m] The Sailors of Sea Nine! ~ D2: T'Davy Jones With 'em

Postby webby » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:19 am UTC

I'm perfectly willing to vote for jay, it's just the townie thing to do to leave it pretty late in these situations to allow for the most possible discussion and not risk losing the game until everyone has had their chance to say something. There's also the problem that if one person who you think is town votes for someone, as town you have to vote for that same person, else it's a guaranteed loss (the two scum gang up on whichever one is wrong). I want everyone to come up with their own opinions.

I'm satisfied with Chandani's analysis. Chandani, that they seem not to be attacking me back seems a slight scumtell to me in that if they're scum, they know I'm town and think there are easier town lynch targets.

I think my wavering on Robot_Raptor is that I really don't think he deserves to win if I'm wrong, but he just seems like a poor town player. I've been part of mislynching players like him far too often to risk doing it again. I wish he would post more, but I'm not going to lynch someone at LYLO for playing badly.

I think I've seen enough now, I'm becoming more and more confident on this (I'll rate it at about 75-80% :P) and with only a day until deadline it's time to start voting.

Vote: jayhsu

User avatar
Robot_Raptor
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 10:40 pm UTC

Re: [m] The Sailors of Sea Nine! ~ D2: T'Davy Jones With 'em

Postby Robot_Raptor » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:11 am UTC

Hmm, so jayhsu's vote is quite scummy, and i dislike him, so I don't have much to really add to everyone's analyses.

Vote: Jayhsu

---

So, analysis, because hell if i care that i'm just repeating what everyone else has said at this point.

I'm obviously a very scummy character, but i'll let you all develop your own opinions on that front.

Since i'm town, of the other four, it makes sense to look at pairs.

Of Jayhsu, chandani, webby, and roband, jay is the one triggering all of my scum sensors. This is mostly because of the early vote (even if hadn't been against me) and how it seems to be an attempt to push the vote early against a likely candidate. I'm not sure trust that he says he made the vote early because he would be unavailable later on, that seems like an obvious fact to say up front if you meant it. As it is, it feels like backpedaling in the hopes that no-one will notice what's going on.

Of the other three, i'd need to see how they've interacted with jay.

Jay-Rob is interesting, but i'm disinclined towards it despite how much roband finds me scummy. All of his reasons seem above board, and not particularly interesting. In addition this has been consistant since day one. That said, if he's not scum, and we lose because he votes for me i'm going to find it hilarious.

Jay-Chandani doesn't seem to have a real connection, no distancing or real support. I suspect chandani is a townie who is honestly unsure what's going on.

Jay-Webby is the pair i was initially leaning towards, but now that webby has voted for jay, I honestly have no clue what to think. At first it seemed that webby was providing cover for jay as he was working towards lynching me, but that really doesn't look to be the case anymore. This could be a wine, but then it would be a very stupid one as it keeps them from hammering and winning the game quickly.

So, at the moment, Jay-Rob seems like the most likely scumteam, but with even that i'm waffling.

---

Also, now that i've voted for jay, both the leftover scum, and town have incentive to vote as quickly as possible for jay. For the scum, throwing jay under the bus would decrease suspicion, and for the town you want to vote quickly so as to kill a scum. Of course, i could just be bluffing, and then having the leftover town vote for me as well, would put the game handily in the hands of the scum.

So, it comes down to the scum who hasn't voted wanting to vote for jay immediately to throw off suspicion (unless they intend to wine), and the town deciding between me and jay to the best of their ability. (since all signs point to at least one of us being scum)

User avatar
Robot_Raptor
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 10:40 pm UTC

Re: [m] The Sailors of Sea Nine! ~ D2: T'Davy Jones With 'em

Postby Robot_Raptor » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:27 am UTC

allow me to be clearer on that last point.

I am assuming one scum has voted and one hasn't. (the former, because there's at least one scum in the pair between jay and me, and the latter because a scum will have help his vote, to allow hammering when a town votes for their designated sacrifice)

If you are town and you have not voted, voting for jay kills him, but voting for me ties the ballot, putting the vote in the hands of the remaining player, who is scum.

---

The above advice is invalid if you believe that Webby is scum (in which case i'm probably scum as well) or that both jay and I aren't scum (in which case webby is scum, but i'm not).

User avatar
Robot_Raptor
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 10:40 pm UTC

Re: [m] The Sailors of Sea Nine! ~ D2: T'Davy Jones With 'em

Postby Robot_Raptor » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:28 am UTC

ebwpo - s/help/held/

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [m] The Sailors of Sea Nine! ~ D2: T'Davy Jones With 'em

Postby roband » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:29 am UTC

webby wrote:Roband - You've misinterpreted again (third time you've misinterpreted my posts by my count :P). Pretty sure 'every time jayhsu gets put under suspicion, roband turns the conversation back to how scummy Robot_Raptor is' is association rather than distancing.


Right, ok, but I also disputed that that was the reason I was voting for RR. Also, the misinterpretation isn't intentional - I apologise. I am too well known for typing before thinking on this site...

webby wrote:Then you try and convince me to worry only about individuals, not teams etc. I don't like that, I think I should use all the different types of information I can get. That to me sounds like you think you can convince me that Robot_Raptor has acted scummier than jayhsu, therefore I'm going to vote for him.


No, what I am saying is that I agree that one of them is definitely scum (if nothing else, due to the fact that no-one has hammered) - therefore, one of them might NOT be scum. We can't afford to get today's lynch wrong - so which one is most likely to be scum?

Chandani mentioned me being defensive, and this is correct - but it's completely being down to being linked to someone who has a high chance of being scum. I'm not worried about being defensive, because I have something to defend. If we lynch me at any point in this game, we lose.

Webby - the reason I'm not attacking you back is because I'm sure you're town. You want part of my defense to be an OMGUS? Sorry, that's not how I do it.
Also, I take it that you've answered my "which one is scummier?" question - but just as long as you've considered what I actually meant by it.

Ninja's by RR - voting for jay. As expected, I suppose. Bussing? Voting because he's the 'other option'? Some decent analysis, but it's still all stuff which has been said before. Other than the suggestion that webby and jay might be a scum team. If that turns out to be true, I'll give up this game :P

I haven't quite made up my mind between jay and RR yet, so will withhold my vote for now.

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [m] The Sailors of Sea Nine! ~ D2: T'Davy Jones With 'em

Postby roband » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:46 am UTC

EBWOP:
Also, I take it that you've answered my "which one is scummier?" question - but just as long as you've considered what I actually meant by it.


I meant, "by voting, I take it that...."

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [m] The Sailors of Sea Nine! ~ D2: T'Davy Jones With 'em

Postby roband » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:34 pm UTC

I'd been hoping that Chandani would be around at some point to indicate if/who she would vote.

As it is, I've grown impatient.

At least one of RR and jay are definitely scum. At the moment, they've both voted for each other and webby has voted for jay. I'm not prepared to let potential scum (Chandani) decide the lynch (as would happen if I voted RR), so I'm making the call and doing this:

Vote: jayhsu

Hopefully I'll see you tomorrow.

User avatar
cjdrum
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:51 am UTC
Location: BACK

Re: [m] The Sailors of Sea Nine! ~ Night Two: One Down...

Postby cjdrum » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:36 pm UTC

Final Vote Count of Day Two
Robot_Raptor (1) - jayhsu
jayhsu (3) - webby, Robot_Raptor, roband



The five sailors were very cautious that day. No one was prepared to vote anyone, then
BLAM!
jayhsu pointed his finger at Robot_Raptor.

Apparently, this was un-pirate-like, and he started getting some votes himself.

Then it was getting close-ish to deadline, so they kind of decided to have a nice, long, nine-and-a-half hours to sleep on what had happened. No more of that sun-stopping business today!

So the three other men on the boat took jayhsu to the edge of the ship, and with a quick throw and a splash, jayhsu was gone for good.


jayhsu has been lynched. He was the first Ninja.

Night is happening now. Actions by Tuesday at 11:34pm, my time.
:shock:

User avatar
cjdrum
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:51 am UTC
Location: BACK

Re: [m] The Sailors of Sea Nine! ~ Day Three: An Eye for an

Postby cjdrum » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:11 pm UTC

[insert flavour here on remaining Ninja killing someone who was already awake, etc. and make it good]

Chandani has been killed. She was the Doctor.

Day Three begins! You have until Saturday 2pm, my time - that's around about 11:59pm Friday (UTC-4) - to get a lynch.


Votes
Not Voting (3) - roband, Robot_Raptor, webby

3 alive, 2 to lynch. Plurality at deadline.
:shock:

User avatar
Chandani
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:27 pm UTC
Location: Here

Re: [m] The Sailors of Sea Nine! ~ Day Three: An Eye for an

Postby Chandani » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:38 pm UTC

D:

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [m] The Sailors of Sea Nine! ~ Day Three: An Eye for an

Postby roband » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:48 pm UTC

Full disclosure time then, I guess.

I am the cop. The reason I did not claim on D2 as everyone suggested was because I could not bring any information to the table. Everything I had was already assumed.

I copped webby. This was a mistake - it was partly OMGUS related, partly "who lynched the vanilla townie".

I did my best to lead the rest of the game by saying how much I though webby was town, but threw some suspicions on him as well, in order to try to not make it clear to scum that I was the cop.
Obviously it doesn't matter who I copped last night, but it was Chadani. Clearly, I learnt that she was town.

I fully expect to be voted by RR, as he is the remaining scum. And webby, I know you're not going to believe this, but it's all I got. I can't give you anything else to convince you to not vote me.
When you were tying me to jay yesterday, I was almost shouting at my PC...

That's it. I hope you make the right call.

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [m] The Sailors of Sea Nine! ~ Day Three: An Eye for an

Postby roband » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:48 pm UTC

Oh and:

Vote RR

User avatar
Robot_Raptor
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 10:40 pm UTC

Re: [m] The Sailors of Sea Nine! ~ Day Three: An Eye for an

Postby Robot_Raptor » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:52 pm UTC

right, because a jay-RR scum team makes sense?

That would require enough wine to get an elephant drunk.

Vote: Roband

User avatar
Robot_Raptor
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 10:40 pm UTC

Re: [m] The Sailors of Sea Nine! ~ Day Three: An Eye for an

Postby Robot_Raptor » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:22 pm UTC

Roband, you're not a cop, a fasle claim here for cop is an optimal strategy for scum. You're looking for literally anything that can give you an advantage at this point, and making the bet that webby isn't cop (since i'm not) is a good one.

Unless you really are townie, and you expect to be under grave suspicion, because jay and I executed a nearly perfect wine, and are trying to make the best of a bad situation. Of course that would mean you believe that i've been playing significantly better than I look like i've been playing, since i look like scum. Of course the earlier dynamic between me and jayhsu would have to have been planned from at least the start of the second day, and that would require at least jayhsu having a perfect knowledge of everyone else in this game and their reactions, especially since a standoff between both scum under all normal circumstances is a losing situation for the scum. Also, i'd have to have gotten a rundown from jay as to what i'd need to say in order to deflect suspicion from me, especially since i'm new, and don't have a handle on everyone's personalities yet. So jayhsu's a mafia genius who planned this all from the start, and managed to somehow accomodate the various wrenches everyone's been throwing at his plan.

...

Image

Webby, if you're scum, i'll eat my hat, and roband probably will too, also we've both got nice hats, and my digestive tract isn't built for that sort of thing, so don't be scum if you can help it.

Chandani, :( aww, i liked you, sad to see you're dead.

Jayhsu, :mrgreen:.

User avatar
webby
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:02 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: [m] The Sailors of Sea Nine! ~ Day Three: An Eye for an

Postby webby » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:00 pm UTC

Ok, so it's 5am on a Sunday and I'm about to head to a fun run on the Central Coast. Because I'm crazy like that. :P

Point is, not in a fit state to make decisions so I'll ask questions instead.

Roband's claims etc. obviously answer a few things, but throw up some new big questions. Here are two for now based on a cursory reading of the last few posts:
1. If Robot_Raptor is scum, why would jayhsu vote him so early on day 2? Pretty sure jayhsu would have had no problems at all getting me to lynch you and win yesterday instead of risking a 2 vs 1 today.
2. Copping me night 1 would be a peculiar choice. It's pretty obvious that the right person to cop was Robot_Raptor, if for no other reason that he wasn't posing much, that he was new and hard to read, and that people had different opinions of him. So why would you cop me?

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [m] The Sailors of Sea Nine! ~ Day Three: An Eye for an

Postby roband » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:50 pm UTC

webby wrote:1. If Robot_Raptor is scum, why would jayhsu vote him so early on day 2? Pretty sure jayhsu would have had no problems at all getting me to lynch you and win yesterday instead of risking a 2 vs 1 today.

I have no idea. The only thing I can think of is distancing. If jay was successful in getting RR lynched, when he came up scum jay would be looking pretty clean by being the first person to vote him. Other than that, I do not know.
webby wrote:2. Copping me night 1 would be a peculiar choice. It's pretty obvious that the right person to cop was Robot_Raptor, if for no other reason that he wasn't posing much, that he was new and hard to read, and that people had different opinions of him. So why would you cop me?


Like I said, it was a mistake. I've done it before with power roles, where the second that it turns night, I use my power. I then think about things and realise I shoulda done it differently. It was completely because we had our back and forth on day 1. Obviously I know that I'm town, and why would town be attacking me? Therefore I suspected you. Also, you voted for someone who turned out to be town. Not a clincher, but it added up with my previous point - in my head at the time. It was a mistake and I apologise for not helping us wrap up the win sooner.

RR - I have nothing to comment on what you have posted. It's all stuff that's basic logic, which you fill out and make it look wordy. Your 'if I was scum' theories are so easy to put together and twist in a way in which they do not resemble the actual way you've played this game. Posting them is nothing but wine, and not even wine that's going to help you.

User avatar
Robot_Raptor
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 10:40 pm UTC

Re: [m] The Sailors of Sea Nine! ~ Day Three: An Eye for an

Postby Robot_Raptor » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:19 pm UTC

roband wrote:
webby wrote:1. If Robot_Raptor is scum, why would jayhsu vote him so early on day 2? Pretty sure jayhsu would have had no problems at all getting me to lynch you and win yesterday instead of risking a 2 vs 1 today.

I have no idea. The only thing I can think of is distancing. If jay was successful in getting RR lynched, when he came up scum jay would be looking pretty clean by being the first person to vote him. Other than that, I do not know.


:roll: , there's no need to restate my arguments if you're going to be that obvious.

roband wrote:RR - I have nothing to comment on what you have posted. It's all stuff that's basic logic, which you fill out and make it look wordy. Your 'if I was scum' theories are so easy to put together and twist in a way in which they do not resemble the actual way you've played this game. Posting them is nothing but wine, and not even wine that's going to help you.


Seeing as how you seem to need to have things spelled out for you, I was pointing out how silly your beliefs were if you actually believed them.

---

Webby, can you do me a favor, and not vote till pretty late in the day? I'd like to drag out this sniping between me and roband as long as possible. More fun that way. :mrgreen:

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [m] The Sailors of Sea Nine! ~ Day Three: An Eye for an

Postby roband » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:26 pm UTC

Sorry to spoil your fun, but I have nothing left to say on the matter.

If you have more questions webby, I will answer them.

User avatar
Robot_Raptor
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 10:40 pm UTC

Re: [m] The Sailors of Sea Nine! ~ Day Three: An Eye for an

Postby Robot_Raptor » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:54 pm UTC

roband wrote:Sorry to spoil your fun, but I have nothing left to say on the matter.

If you have more questions webby, I will answer them.


:( I was hoping you'd find more rope to hang yourself with.

User avatar
webby
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:02 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: [m] The Sailors of Sea Nine! ~ Day Three: An Eye for an

Postby webby » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:53 am UTC

Ok so I'm back from my run, had a nap and I'm ready to put my thoughts down here.

I'm very tempted to claim cop and see how roband reacts, but unfortunately I didn't think of that at 5am.

Robot_Raptor has not been a great help to town. This has slightly improved over the past couple of days, but as roband says 'it's all stuff that is basic logic'. Furthermore, it's not impossible that a new scum player would think it a good strategy to sit back and watch town lynch each other. However, I have seen plenty of new town players do the same thing. If I had nothing else to go on, I'd say 50-50 Robot_Raptor was scum. However, one thing that's definitely on his side is that jayhsu voted for him very early on at LYLO, when other lynch targets were possible (roband was very possible and I think he could have persuaded roband to vote Chandani).

Now, lets look at roband. There's a lot that I've said about him already, especially in terms of his connection to jayhsu. I stand by that as reasonably strong evidence, and I don't think I would have lynched jayhsu without it. So I already thought he was likely scum. Now we have some new stuff.

With the cop thing, a few things don't add up.

Your 'I was just rash and hurried' thing doesn't make sense to me given your last few posts of day 1. You said that I'd resolved what issues you'd had with me and that you wanted to vote for Chandani or Robot_Raptor. I don't think that being on a town lynch would be enough to make you change your mind that quickly, surely as a cop your immediate reaction is to either cop the person you voted for or the lurker who you can't read.
There's also this (more minor thing) - 'webby, being completely objective, I would say that I've treated you and jay about the same.' That doesn't make sense to say if you're a cop and you know that one of us isn't scum and you think the other one might be.

Finally, it's just way too convenient. Everything turned out in exactly the right way to make you useless and to justify your action over the game. I accept it's possible you could be that unlucky, but I don't think it's likely.

These things are only minor though compared to the stuff with jayhsu - the cop thing is a distraction from the real issue. I've found one scum by going down that line of thought, I think I'm going to stick with it, especially when the alternative is that a player was voted for early on at LYLO by their scum buddy. As Robot_Raptor said, jayhsu would have to be an evil genius to pull that off. (Compliment fully intended if I turn out to be wrong). Although not even a genius, because it would have been easy enough to get roband or Chandani lynched yesterday and the game would be already over.

I wasn't going to vote yet, but I've realised that the big thing is the connections with jayhsu. Jayhsu can't respond to this, so I may as well make my mind up, and I have from looking back through the thread. I'm reasonably confident with this.

Vote: roband

Did we win? :P

User avatar
cjdrum
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:51 am UTC
Location: BACK

Re: [m] The Sailors of Sea Nine! ~ Game Ov-arrrr!

Postby cjdrum » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:51 am UTC

Vote Count!
Robot_Raptor (1) - roband
roband (2) - Robot_Raptor, webby



The shortest recorded day on the journey to Sea Nine, but the most important one.

After the death of the Pirates' Doctor, every action was extremely vital - including the Cop on the ship stepping up and letting some people know.

With three people left on the boat, the other two were able to drag roband to the plank with ease.

And that was the end.


roband has been lynched. He was...
Spoiler:
the last Ninja!

Congrats Town!
:shock:

User avatar
cjdrum
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:51 am UTC
Location: BACK

Re: [m] The Sailors of Sea Nine! ~ Game Ov-arrrr!

Postby cjdrum » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:02 am UTC

Also:
webby wrote:Did we win? :P
Spoiler:
Yes. Yes you did.
:shock:

User avatar
jayhsu
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:38 am UTC

Re: [m] The Sailors of Sea Nine! ~ Game Ov-arrrr!

Postby jayhsu » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:04 am UTC

Boo! Hiss! Good game. Go focus on R3 now!
-Jay

User avatar
webby
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:02 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: [m] The Sailors of Sea Nine! ~ Game Ov-arrrr!

Postby webby » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:11 am UTC

:D Excellent! Thanks to the other townies and sorry to Ibarra for getting him lynched. :P

User avatar
webby
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:02 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: [m] The Sailors of Sea Nine! ~ Game Ov-arrrr!

Postby webby » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:15 am UTC

Oh and thanks to cjdrum for running the game, loved the flavour.

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [m] The Sailors of Sea Nine! ~ Game Ov-arrrr!

Postby roband » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:31 am UTC

Nice one webby. Congrats.

User avatar
Gopher of Pern
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 am UTC
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: [m] The Sailors of Sea Nine! ~ Game Ov-arrrr!

Postby Gopher of Pern » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:56 am UTC

Good game! Good flavour, and I was right about jayhsu! About time one of my hunches was right.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

User avatar
Robot_Raptor
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 10:40 pm UTC

Re: [m] The Sailors of Sea Nine! ~ Game Ov-arrrr!

Postby Robot_Raptor » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:45 am UTC

Very fun game, sorry for not really getting into it till the end.
*goes to read all the spoilers in the discussion thread*

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [m] The Sailors of Sea Nine! ~ Game Ov-arrrr!

Postby roband » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:58 pm UTC

Seriously though RR, your attitude towards helping town in this game was poor.

Being that laid back and flippant in future games probably won't help you out too much

User avatar
Chandani
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:27 pm UTC
Location: Here

Re: [m] The Sailors of Sea Nine! ~ Game Ov-arrrr!

Postby Chandani » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:59 pm UTC

I WILL NEVER TRUST YOU AGAIN WEBBY. :P
Did you kill me because you saw my breadcrumb?

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [m] The Sailors of Sea Nine! ~ Game Ov-arrrr!

Postby roband » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:03 pm UTC

You breadcrumbed?

No. I figured that if there was a doctor, they would be protecting webby (was I correct?) - so I had to choose between you and RR as my pin-the-tail-on-the-scumster attempt.
In hindsight, I mighta killed RR instead and then continued my assault on you :P

My cop claim was a late realisation, I really shoulda been playing as if I was going to claim cop, all along.

User avatar
Chandani
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:27 pm UTC
Location: Here

Re: [m] The Sailors of Sea Nine! ~ Game Ov-arrrr!

Postby Chandani » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:20 pm UTC

Yeah, I did. I thought with my luck I would be protecting scum, and hey, I was right! *sigh*

My attempt at breadcrumb:
Duh. Of course, the only real...
First letter of each word.


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Sabrar and 17 guests