[L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Game Over

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Posts: 5650
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:42 pm UTC
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Re: [L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Day 2

Postby Angua » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:42 pm UTC

Ok, I"m now feeling slightly less suspicious of greenlover (and more suspicious of entropy, as they must have been pretty certain of getting through the night if they were town, otherwise it seemed pretty off to me). I would like someone a bit more flavour knowledgeable to say if they think that Winston could have a sort of sub-gang (ie works for/with Rory) - do you think that maybe Rory is an independent, and Winston is the actual leader of the 'druggies'?

Anyway, without that information, I'm feeling like I don't know enough about greenlover and entropy (though now I think I'd prefer an entropy vote over a greenlover one). However, I think that gojoe has been pretty bad - at least most of the other people who were lurking seemed to put a lot of effort in when they finally came to making the post. So,

vote gojoe

However, I"ll change to entropy if it comes down to a tie between greenlover and entropy.

edit - ninja'd by gojoe, so I'll change what I've said about them slightly - I think that they are still posting the least amount that they can get away with (pretty much everyone is sure that entropy is sounding scummy, so them saying that doesn't really add much to the conversation, besides the thing about lying not necessarily being a scum tell).
'Look, sir, I know Angua. She's not the useless type. She doesn't stand there and scream helplessly. She makes other people do that.'
GNU Terry Pratchett

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 809
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: [L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Day 2

Postby DaBigCheez » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:25 pm UTC

Angua wrote:I would like someone a bit more flavour knowledgeable to say if they think that Winston could have a sort of sub-gang (ie works for/with Rory) - do you think that maybe Rory is an independent, and Winston is the actual leader of the 'druggies'?


From my brief reading of IMDB/wikipedia, that seems possible, and the opening flavor does seem to imply that Rory's pressuring them (and not exactly their friend; "I'll shoot you in the fucking throat if I don't get the gear back"). The other factions don't seem as antagonistic within the opening flavor, with the possible exception of Dog towards John ("I want to know who is responsible, or else I will hold you responsible"). It seems like a *plausible* claim, but no proof the faction's actually in the game - there's only four obvious ones from the grouping of the start-flavor.

edit - ninja'd by gojoe


I do hope that was a preview-fakeedit and not a real edit? >_>
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Posts: 5650
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:42 pm UTC
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Re: [L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Day 2

Postby Angua » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:34 pm UTC

Yes - ninja preview - you can tell it wasn't a really edit, because it says 'last edited at xxxx by yyyyyy' at the bottom if you do.
'Look, sir, I know Angua. She's not the useless type. She doesn't stand there and scream helplessly. She makes other people do that.'
GNU Terry Pratchett

User avatar
Lorenz
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:57 am UTC

Re: [L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Day 2

Postby Lorenz » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:19 pm UTC

vote: mpolo

There are many people on my scumdar right now. I've already explained suspicions on mpolo, I'm just not sure if I can make a full post before deadline.

User avatar
Entropy
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:40 pm UTC

Re: [L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Day 2

Postby Entropy » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:48 pm UTC

greenlover wrote:However, the important part is that my power is the passive ability to be immune to all normal night actions. Thus, Entropy's "revelation" that he cannot share with us is almost certainly faked.

A night action is not my reason for targeting you.

User avatar
Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!
Posts: 464
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:34 pm UTC
Location: Groningen City

Re: [L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Day 2

Postby Mavketl » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:25 pm UTC

Holy Batman, deadline in the morning. I'll try to get online before that, but I can't be sure. I don't want to not vote again, so I'm going to vote now.

Vote: Entropy

greenlover's claim seems plausible. Entropy is refusing to give us anything to go on. Between the two of them, I think Entropy is acting way scummier than greenlover.
Not A Raptor: Mav can be a very wily and dangerous player.
roband: Mav has a way of making everything seem right.
ELEPHANT SCIENCE - MORE ELEPHANT SCIENCE
- NEW: Elephant Math!

User avatar
slbub
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:28 pm UTC
Location: wisconsin

Re: [L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Day 2

Postby slbub » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:32 pm UTC

mod, can we get an estimated time when the deadline will fall?

i think that entropy is acting really scummy with his whole show with the GL lynch. GL has given us what appears to be his role claim which validates why entropy might have want ed this lynch, i don't think this role claim is entirely true but parts might be, as in his imunity to night actions, but not his name or being part of winston's gang is just a lie. however he is actually giving us something to try and prove himself worthy of life, entropy is not.

vote: entropy

User avatar
webby
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:02 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: [L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Day 2

Postby webby » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:39 pm UTC

Hmm, I'm not sure. As either town or scum, Entropy is playing badly, because he had absolutely no need to do that - greenlover would have got lynched anyway. I think that it's slightly more likely that he's town who didn't think it through rather than scum trying to get a townie lynched.

greenlover has, however, given a plausible reason for not knowing who the bad guys are (claims to be survivor). Therefore,

Unvote

I'm going to wait to see if Entropy clarifies before deciding whether to vote for him or someone else - deadline is still 12-ish hours away?

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 809
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: [L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Day 2

Postby DaBigCheez » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:41 pm UTC

I believe the deadline is set to fall in ~11.5 hours from right now (4:00 am PST, 11:00 am GMT).

And yeah - I am not liking Entropy's adamant refusal to say anything. "C'mon guys, just trust me on this one" is not an argument that will fly with me, and his responses look far scummier to me than any of greenlover's.

Vote: Entropy

Explain your reasoning/power use and I'll consider taking the vote off, moving it to greenlover if the reason's half-decent. If no explanation's forthcoming, though, I'd prefer to lynch him now - from what I've seen, D3 jesters seem more common than any other day if there's a day requirement, so I don't like the "lynch GL then lynch Entropy if he's wrong" approach.

If greenlover winds up getting lynched it'll certainly clear up whether the fifth faction actually exists - but Entropy is acting scummier and more deserving of the lynch.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
_infina_
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:55 pm UTC
Location: R'lyeh

Re: [L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Day 2

Postby _infina_ » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:41 am UTC

ok, so greenlover has claimed a power that was flipped by the D1 lynchee. I think that is fairly suspicious, and enough to warrant a vote, seeing as how that puts him in the top two scummiest list. If his power as he has said, then any cop or cop-like powers that exist won't work. That can put us in a tight spot later in the game.

Vote: greenlover
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

User avatar
Chandani
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:27 pm UTC
Location: Here

Re: [L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Day 2

Postby Chandani » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:22 am UTC

...
Entropy wants to lynch greenlover.
He wants us to trust him with no other information given.
... Did he really think that was a good idea? And all these hints don't help if he's town, since he's painting a giant target on himself.

Vote: Entropy

For general scumminess and fail. And I want a vote in before deadline, which is happening when I'm asleep.

@webby: That is a decent explanation of your statement. I'll take your word on balance, so I retract my previous statements about you and stuff. If they were negative (can't check right now).

User avatar
Entropy
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:40 pm UTC

Re: [L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Day 2

Postby Entropy » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:30 am UTC

Sigh, it looks like I completely fail at strategy... has been too long since I've played. I'll admit to being a lyncher for greenlover; once he is lynched I become a survivor. However, I don't think that the fact that I am a lyncher for him precludes him from being scum, especially with his claimed immunity to night actions; from a balance perspective I think it makes sense that a lyncher would be aimed at him.

User avatar
webby
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:02 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: [L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Day 2

Postby webby » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:24 am UTC

Hmm, so I'd like to believe both claims - that greenlover and Entropy are independents. It kind of makes sense to have a survivor who is immune to night actions, but who has a lyncher for them. If that were the case, I'd recommend ignoring them (not that that's going to happen with so little time left in the day).

Still some oddities - greenlover's claim that he's in 'Winston's gang' and Entropy's supposed fail at strategy. But I don't think I'm going to vote for either of them.

The two other people who have a vote on them (and therefore maybe could have momentum built up against them in the next couple of hours) are mpolo and GoJoe. Really, I could lynch either of these - GoJoe has been extremely lurky and the content he has provided hasn't been good. I haven't really noticed mpolo, which is never a good sign - he lurks/active lurks as scum. For now I'll vote mpolo, but if people want to change to GoJoe I'll be happy with that too.

Vote: mpolo

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: [L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Day 2

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:30 am UTC

Well I actually believe GL for now. A fifth indie faction fits into my theory of the set up that we have 3 scum factions. And entropys claim is scummy but it might be true and we've got better targets to lynch then a survivor. I say, so close.to the deadline met em both live and sort it out tomorrow.

Now infina. Infina came in with a weak justification and still votes GL after his claim. Town doesn't care much about a night action immune near endgame, especially a known immune, you can direct your cops elsewhere and almost nothing is lost. But scum, scum are afraid of a NK immune but trusted townie (or even trusted indie)

It wasn't so close to deadline when I started this post and I've been Ninjad by Webby. Yeah, ill go for a GoJoe lynch. I trust mpolo a little.

Unvote
Vote GoJoe
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
webby
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:02 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: [L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Day 2

Postby webby » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:06 am UTC

Unvote
Vote: GoJoe

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Day 2

Postby roband » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:37 am UTC

slbub wrote:mod, can we get an estimated time when the deadline will fall?


You don't need an estimated time, an EXACT time was given earlier in the thread. It's in 2 hours, 25 minutes.

Votals are on their way. Modkills being excused for now as I've had a busy week.

So,

Angua wrote:Will the modkills lead to a lower number of people needed to lynch?


No, as there won't be any modkills.

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Day 2

Postby roband » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:46 am UTC

Current Votes
Greenlover 2 (mpolo, infina)
Entropy 6 (greenlover, gojoe, Mav, slbub, DBC, Chandani)
Gojoe 3 (Angua, BoomFrog, webby)
mpolo 1 (Lorenz)

8 votes to lynch.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: [L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Day 2

Postby mpolo » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:08 am UTC

Well, the situation with Entropy and greenlover has been cleared up. Lynching Entropy might well get us greenlover's identity so that we can know whether it is worth going after him or not. Gojoe has been lurky more than anything, so had better wait on some more discussion.

Unvote: Greenlover

Vote: Entropy
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Gojoe
Posts: 3218
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:45 pm UTC
Location: New Zealand!!!

Re: [L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Day 2

Postby Gojoe » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:30 am UTC

Why is everyone jumping on me? I was lurking at the start because I forgot about the game. I have been trying to post more. You say it is contentless but it has been my thought process. I explained why I thought somethings were bad looking. I mean someone had to be the first to point out entropy.

These three people are voting for me. Angua, BoomFrog, webby
Angua I think is just defence because I pointed her out. BoomFrog and webby just seem to be... jumping on her bandwagon not really saying why they are voting for me.

My vote for entropy stands.
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Day 2

Postby roband » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:05 pm UTC

Final Votes
Greenlover 1 (infina)
Entropy 7 (greenlover, gojoe, Mav, slbub, DBC, Chandani, mpolo)
Gojoe 3 (Angua, BoomFrog, webby)
mpolo 1 (Lorenz)

Entropy is lynched. His role will be revealed in the morning.

You have 6 minutes shy of 4 days for night.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: [L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Night 2

Postby mpolo » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:52 am UTC

As I have said elsewhere, I will be out until November 2. So don't expect me to post a lot in the first day and a half of Day 3. Sorry.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Day 3

Postby roband » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:59 pm UTC

Entropy was lynched. He was Rory Breaker, leader of Rory’s gang. No abilities of which he was aware.

Another night passed. Lots of activity, for those who knew what to look for, but not much of a result to be found the next day.

Gojoe is dead. He was Paul, part of Dog’s gang. No abilities of which he was aware.

Motionless. Not that he was when he went down though, looks like he put up a fight.

It is now Day 3. With 13 players alive, we require 7 votes to lynch.

User avatar
Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Posts: 5650
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:42 pm UTC
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Re: [L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Day 3

Postby Angua » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:14 pm UTC

Only one death? Wow. I guess that the doctors and roleblockers must have done a lot of work.

I find it interesting that Rory didn't have any abilities that he knew about. I guess the body guards had abilities for him? By my count we have dead

2 Eddy gang members (Eddy and Soap, no abilities)
2 dog members (Paul and John - John was immune to NKs)
2 rory members (rory and lenny - lenny was a primary bodyguard)

Harry's gang is making out like bandits at the moment as they have managed to be unscathed so far. Also, no sign of Nick's gifts in the flavour text (unless it caused the kill of course) which is a bit disappointing.

FoS on RoadieRich for not voting yesterday.

I'll do a reread of the end of the day to see what I can get from it, but I don't have time at the moment.
'Look, sir, I know Angua. She's not the useless type. She doesn't stand there and scream helplessly. She makes other people do that.'
GNU Terry Pratchett

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: [L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Day 3

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:02 am UTC

roband wrote:Entropy was lynched. He was Rory Breaker, leader of Rory’s gang. No abilities of which he was aware.

Interesting, I guess Rory's kill is factional and his secondary bodyguard is still going at it. Although only one kill could mean Rory's gang kill is gone and one other kill was blocked/doctored.

Another night passed. Lots of activity, for those who knew what to look for, but not much of a result to be found the next day.
This certainly sounds like several successful RB's or doctors happened.

My current theory is that we have three scum gangs of 3-4 starting members each. Dog's probably 4 since GoP started with that assumption. Hopefully Rory's gang is only 3 so if we can find and lynch someone who was trying to protect Entropy then we may eliminate one of the NKs.

It's a short list, Infinia, me, Webby, and Angua. Webby is very likely town since he was early in on the "I know who the bad guys are" thing. I just did a quick scan of Angua's posts and she has been going after GoJoe since D1. Safe to say she's not in Dog's gang at least. However her lack of a vote on entropy is not out of place.

Now Infinia, I already strongly suspected Infinia at the end of D2 but there wasn't enough time to divert the lynch. Now with the results how they are I would be extremely surprised if Infinia is not in Rory's gang. Also contributing is that Infinia had the amazing insight D1 that the druggies had a kill even though flavorwise it seemed likely that Rory was separate from the druggies and the druggies would be independents more then scum.

Vote Infinia

Angua wrote:FoS on RoadieRich for not voting yesterday.

RoadieRich wrote:Well, sorry if I count my degree, with a lab report due on friday for which I've only just figured out what the hell it is I'm supposed to be doing, more important than a game of Mafia. Now I've got to go to a seminar I've missed the last three of.


FoS: Angua for making an in game issue about what has been stated as an out of game problem.

On the other hand, I would prefer RR to either ask for a replacement or actively participate. Uni absolutely is more important then a game.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
webby
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:02 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: [L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Day 3

Postby webby » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:52 am UTC

Lacking deaths might mean doctors + roleblockers, but it could also mean that people are nightkill immune. We already know that Dog's Gang had a nightkill immune player, maybe the other scum factions do too. And also greenlover claimed night action immune. What do you think Entropy's role reveal implies about greenlover? I can't see anything that would explain why Entropy would suddenly decide to make the statement he did - especially as he didn't have any abilities.

About infina, I agree that Rory's gang is a possibility, but I'm not completely convinced yet because I'm convinced that moving the lynch away from Entropy was a reasonable choice given the information we had at the time. It's possible his friend or friends didn't manage to get online before deadline to help move the lynch away.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: [L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Day 3

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:06 am UTC

Obviously I agree that moving the lynch away was reasonable at the time, but its the way infina tried to do it that is scummy. He tried to get it back on GL and with very very poor reasoning.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Posts: 5650
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:42 pm UTC
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Re: [L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Day 3

Postby Angua » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:11 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Angua wrote:
FoS on RoadieRich for not voting yesterday.

RoadieRich wrote:
Well, sorry if I count my degree, with a lab report due on friday for which I've only just figured out what the hell it is I'm supposed to be doing, more important than a game of Mafia. Now I've got to go to a seminar I've missed the last three of.


FoS: Angua for making an in game issue about what has been stated as an out of game problem.

On the other hand, I would prefer RR to either ask for a replacement or actively participate. Uni absolutely is more important then a game.
Oh right - I'd forgotten about that.

Hopefully I'll have more time to reread D2 this afternoon.
'Look, sir, I know Angua. She's not the useless type. She doesn't stand there and scream helplessly. She makes other people do that.'
GNU Terry Pratchett

User avatar
_infina_
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:55 pm UTC
Location: R'lyeh

Re: [L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Day 3

Postby _infina_ » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:27 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Obviously I agree that moving the lynch away was reasonable at the time, but its the way infina tried to do it that is scummy. He tried to get it back on GL and with very very poor reasoning.

I used a valid reasoning, maybe not worded in the best of ways. But we have other, bigger fish to fry. Does anyone have any results that leads us to a member of Harry's gang for today's lynch?There are two each that should be left in Eddy's, Rory's and Dog's gangs, and a full four in Harry's. That is our biggest concern right now.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

User avatar
RoadieRich
The Black Hand
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:40 am UTC
Location: Behind you

Re: [L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Day 3

Postby RoadieRich » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:08 pm UTC

Ah, I finally get a chance to do more than just scan the thread for mentions of my name...

I'm going to try to go through posts since the start of D2, and give you some of my thoughts, so I can check I'm on the same page as everyone else.

Have we decided for certain that all the gangs have four members? If not, I find it a little odd - but only a little - that infina decides that Eddy's gang is half dead, as opposed to mostly, or a similar quantifier, at the start of D2.

Lorenz seems to be taking the easy way out by dropping a quick FoSs on anyone who didn't vote: it's quite possible to argue that either side is scummy - voting for a scum lynch is bussing, against is trying to save a scummate, similar arguments apply when it's a town lynch, with added wine.

I don't quite follow the reasoning for a Greenlover lynch (I guess I'll need to read through D1 at some point), but mpolo seemed quite adamant about it.

Slbub's post seems rather defensive, and seems imply that he was expecting someone else to die - three kills is more than plenty, thankyou very much.

Lorenz then calls him on this.

Moving on a little, we get to infina's Not (h) in (g) here post. I'm wondering if it's an attempt at breadcrumbing as some sort of cop, which is backed up with: "Boomfrog has appeared to give away his faction". It seems a little suspicious to me: breadcrumbing has always struck me as a somewhat scummy thing to do, a real role should have its evidence in plain sight, not hidden behind cryptic codes where no one will be able to use it.

I'm leaning towards the two bodyguards being ablative rather than reactive: they'll take the bullet, it kind of makes sense with so many kills flying around. Although the number of roles listed as having "No powers that they know of" suggests there may be a fair few inherited powers.

Skipping a few more that don't jump out at me:
slbub makes a vote on a lurker, despite someone else already being called on it, due to the sword of mod-oclese hanging over the lurker's heads.

Entropy makes the claim that gets him lynched. He flips as having no abilities. Although he was scum, he was pretty adamant that he got some result, suggesting he got some sort of daycop from Nick. Ah, he claimed lyncher. Never mind. Although he flipped as Rory's Gang leader. Does that make any sense? Does any of what entropy did make any sense? Could it have been some sort of tactic to keep Greenlover alive (implying GL is also part of Rory's gang? I'd expect the gang as a whole to have similar aims, if the leader is a lyncher, shouldn't the rest of the gang want him dead as well? It's a little odd that Rory's gang should control a kill (Isn't it them who use the Bren?), yet greenlover survived. All in all, rather interesting.

Also, people wanted Gojoe dead. There were three votes, and he died overnight. Dog's Gang is pretty neutral, imo. so we might want to take a look at those three votes.

Angua opens day 3 with a style of posting usually attributed to scum: congratulating doctors is a very easy way of making it look like you're posting content. Also, the deaths overnight discredit the secondary bodyguard taking a bullet for Rory - unless they got roleblocked, or some sort of AP-killed. I'll ignore the FoS on me, it could easily have been a mistake.

I don't get Boomfrog's assertion that "Webby is very likely town" - it's more likely that scum would know who the bad guys are than town, that's pretty much the whole Scum vs Town mechanic.

Infina's last post looks rather like classic diversion: Don't vote for me, look over here instead.

And although I skipped a fair few posts, I'm up to date. I think. Now to see how many people have ninja'd me while I was writing this...

Oh, no-one. That's a surprise.
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

User avatar
RoadieRich
The Black Hand
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:40 am UTC
Location: Behind you

Re: [L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Day 3

Postby RoadieRich » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:09 pm UTC

EBWOP: Holy wall-of-text, batman.
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

User avatar
RoadieRich
The Black Hand
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:40 am UTC
Location: Behind you

Re: [L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Day 3

Postby RoadieRich » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:12 pm UTC

EBWOP2: I'll have another look through, and try to actually reach some conclusions, but at the moment, there's three players who we want to look at: slbub, infina, and greenlover. I've not been happy with anything slbub has posted, infina's classic distraction really pinged me, and I really want to know if entropy just wanted to keep GL alive, when GL already seemed scummy.
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

User avatar
greenlover
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:56 am UTC

Re: [L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Day 3

Postby greenlover » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:42 pm UTC

RoadieRich wrote:Entropy makes the claim that gets him lynched. He flips as having no abilities. Although he was scum, he was pretty adamant that he got some result, suggesting he got some sort of daycop from Nick. Ah, he claimed lyncher. Never mind. Although he flipped as Rory's Gang leader. Does that make any sense? Does any of what entropy did make any sense? Could it have been some sort of tactic to keep Greenlover alive (implying GL is also part of Rory's gang? I'd expect the gang as a whole to have similar aims, if the leader is a lyncher, shouldn't the rest of the gang want him dead as well? It's a little odd that Rory's gang should control a kill (Isn't it them who use the Bren?), yet greenlover survived. All in all, rather interesting.

The reason why I survived the night is because I happen to be immune to all night actions - as I claimed yesterday. Just so we have that cleared up.

I'll try to come back with some content later, but I'm confused. _infina_, are you saying that we shouldn't be suspicious of you because there are bigger fish to fry? From what I understand, Rory's gang is generally considered to be scum. That seems like a pretty good catch, even if Harry's gang is still out there.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: [L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Day 3

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:25 am UTC

RR I've got a question for you, to make up for your free pass you got D1 and 2.

What is your win condition? Paraphrased of course, no pm quoting.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
RoadieRich
The Black Hand
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:40 am UTC
Location: Behind you

Re: [L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Day 3

Postby RoadieRich » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:35 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:RR I've got a question for you, to make up for your free pass you got D1 and 2.

What is your win condition? Paraphrased of course, no pm quoting.

My win condition is the elimination of aggressive factions - i.e. those with a kill.

greenlover wrote:The reason why I survived the night is because I happen to be immune to all night actions - as I claimed yesterday. Just so we have that cleared up.

That seems rather convenient, if you ask me. And of course, no one is going to counter it, because it's still early in the game, and power roles want to stay alive - and no one is going to confess to controlling a kill, even one that failed.

I've just noticed that slbub, who I already voiced my concerns about, was fourth onto the entropy bandwagon. I think it was Mavketl who first observed that fourth and/or fifth votes tend to be scum around here. It's also referenced on MafiaScum. I think that's just enough to tip the balance in my mind.

vote: slbub
FoS: Infina
IGMEOY: greenlover
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: [L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Day 3

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:01 am UTC

RoadieRich wrote:My win condition is the elimination of aggressive factions - i.e. those with a kill.
Ding ding ding! Congratulations, you are one of the lucky few actual town. I do believe we are in a minority at the moment. The reason I trust Webby and Mav is that they similarly knew what town's goal was early D1. That's how the suspicion on GL started, he asked, "so what are we trying to do here?" indicating that he did not know town's goal. He has since claimed survivor and belonging to a fifth faction that wasn't in the D1 flavor. It's an odd claim, but if it's false it should be proven false before the game is over so I'm willing to let it slide for now.

I'll try and answer your other questions now, remind me if I missed one. GoP said D1 that he guessed there are 4 members of each faction. It certainly fits the flavor for Eddy's gang, and possibly for the others. Since GoP was in Dog's gang it seems likely that there are 4 in there. GL's fifth faction makes things crowded and for balance I'd assume the scum factions are only 3 members mostly.

RoadieRich wrote:That seems rather convenient, if you ask me.
Well, GoP had that power so we know it's a possible power. And due to the circumstance of GL's claim D2 I believe it. If someone claims to have copped you, most people will say, "your lying because I'm town" not "your lying because I'm night action immune." Btw, where do you get the theory that entropy's claim was an effort to avoid GL's lynch? That logic seems odd. I am very confused about entropy's actions, especially the lyncher claim. I think the lyncher claim was a desperate move to avoid his own lynch (which I think would have worked if it hadn't been so close to deadline).

RoadieRich wrote:Dog's Gang is pretty neutral, imo.
What gives you this idea? They sound violent to me.

Also, the deaths overnight discredit the secondary bodyguard taking a bullet for Rory - unless they got roleblocked, or some sort of AP-killed.
Rory (entropy) got lynched which the bodyguards presumably do not block.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: [L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Day 3

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:20 am UTC

For my and other sanity. Roles known so far:
Spoiler:
Eddy's Gang
Eddy - Weiyaoli
Tom
Soap - Lataro
Bacon

Dog's Gang
Dog
John - GoP
Paul - Gojoe

Rory's Gang
Rory - Entropy
Lenny - AdamH
Winston? -

Harry's Gang
Harry
Barry
Chris

Winston's Gang?
Charles? - Greenlover

I've only taken names from confirmed kills or the D1 start flavor. Plus the ? names from GL's claim.

GL since you've claimed, could you claim some more info that would not hurt your team but would help prove your claim down the road. Such as, what are the character names of all the members of your gang? Is Winston in both Rory's and Winston's gang? Are all the members of your gang survivors?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!
Posts: 464
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:34 pm UTC
Location: Groningen City

Re: [L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Day 3

Postby Mavketl » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:43 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:FoS: Angua for making an in game issue about what has been stated as an out of game problem.

On the other hand, I would prefer RR to either ask for a replacement or actively participate.
lolwut. If someone is not posting, that is an in game issue. Not posting is anti-town behaviour.

They may have very good reasons for not posting (clearly nobody expects a game of mafia to take precedence over, ya know, life), but if they are continuously unable to post enough to play properly, they should not be in the game. A decision to stay in the game without contributing is hurting town.

You seem to acknowledge this in the second line I quoted, which makes me very confused what that FoS is about.


(I realize that RoadieRich has since posted - my comment is about BoomFrog's argument, not about RR.)



webby wrote:I can't see anything that would explain why Entropy would suddenly decide to make the statement he did - especially as he didn't have any abilities.
It's possible that he wanted everyone to think he was a lyncher, because once uncovered, they don't pose much of a threat to town. Much like convincing people you're a jester, convincing them you're a lyncher doesn't really give them incentive to lynch you. Would've been poorly executed, though.

Alternatively, one of his teammates has a relevant ability and they coordinated things.


_infina_ wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:Obviously I agree that moving the lynch away was reasonable at the time, but its the way infina tried to do it that is scummy. He tried to get it back on GL and with very very poor reasoning.

I used a valid reasoning, maybe not worded in the best of ways. But we have other, bigger fish to fry. Does anyone have any results that leads us to a member of Harry's gang for today's lynch?There are two each that should be left in Eddy's, Rory's and Dog's gangs, and a full four in Harry's. That is our biggest concern right now.
Wow, that is some exemplary "I'm not scummy OH GUYS LOOK OVER THERE AT THOSE OTHER SCUMMY THINGS QUCIKLY" you've got going on there. (Damn, upon reading further this has been pointed out by RR already. Well, he's right.)

BoomFrog wrote:GL since you've claimed, could you claim some more info that would not hurt your team but would help prove your claim down the road. Such as, what are the character names of all the members of your gang? Is Winston in both Rory's and Winston's gang? Are all the members of your gang survivors?
+ How many members are there?

(I'll understand if you don't want to answer ALL THE QUESTIONS, but BoomFrog's point is a good one: is there any info you can share relatively safely?)
Not A Raptor: Mav can be a very wily and dangerous player.
roband: Mav has a way of making everything seem right.
ELEPHANT SCIENCE - MORE ELEPHANT SCIENCE
- NEW: Elephant Math!

User avatar
Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!
Posts: 464
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:34 pm UTC
Location: Groningen City

Re: [L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Day 3

Postby Mavketl » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:48 am UTC

Also I think it would be stupid to claim to be the member of a team that doesn't exist (an independent role is a much safer/easier falseclaim), which leads me to tentatively believe greenlover's claim. It helps that he immediately gave his rolename as well.

If that's true, though, I think we should watch for nasty roband-surprises with regards to assuming factions from the initial flavour. Apparently not each location/scene fits with one 'gang'? I will NEVER forget officers White, Purple, Orange, Green, Blue, Grey, Mauve and Navy in The Departed. Fuck you roband. :P
Not A Raptor: Mav can be a very wily and dangerous player.
roband: Mav has a way of making everything seem right.
ELEPHANT SCIENCE - MORE ELEPHANT SCIENCE
- NEW: Elephant Math!

User avatar
greenlover
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:56 am UTC

Re: [L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Day 3

Postby greenlover » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:35 pm UTC

BF wrote:GL since you've claimed, could you claim some more info that would not hurt your team but would help prove your claim down the road. Such as, what are the character names of all the members of your gang? Is Winston in both Rory's and Winston's gang? Are all the members of your gang survivors?
I don't know the other character names of the other members in my gang. We never bothered claiming them since there seemed no practical point and we were worried about listeners N1. I'll see if I can get you those character names tomorrow, hopefully. I'm highly skeptical that Winston is in both Rory's and his own gang, since no one has seemed in my gang seems very pro-Rory. The one thing I am pretty confident about is that the rest of my gang is made up of survivors, at least as far as I know.

Mav wrote:+ How many members are there?

(I'll understand if you don't want to answer ALL THE QUESTIONS, but BoomFrog's point is a good one: is there any info you can share relatively safely?)
That's something I'm not sure if I should say without checking with my team first. :P

As for information I can share in relative safety... well, going off from the flavor, the nk's, and my faction, I'm guessing that the majority of the game is vanilla. I'm skeptical that there will be many permanent active powers, as well? I'm guessing most active powers are going to be one shots, like the stuff the greek gives out.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: [L] Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Mafia - Day 3

Postby mpolo » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:06 pm UTC

Entropy had claimed to be a lyncher for Greenlover. So the question is whom Rory would want to kill. As far as I can get on this front, that would likely be Dog. Which would make Greenlover look bad.

I'm somewhat afraid that that is too easy, so I'm not planning on starting anything against him just yet.

(I am, as you can see, back from vacation. Right now I'm just trying to quickly catch up.)
Image <-- Evil experiment


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: moody7277 and 8 guests