Zoo Mafia 3: End

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

mpolo

Re: Zoo Mafia 3: Day 3-Content Penguin

Postby mpolo » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:03 pm UTC

Are you trying to say that I control two night-kills? I only have the one. The role says that because I am relentless, I must attempt to kill the person I voted for during the day at night if he survives (if he gets lynched, then yes, I have a self-controllable kill). The following day, my little platypus brain has forgotten about my vendetta (hence no vote for roband at the beginning of Day 2).
Image <-- Evil experiment

ForAllOfThis

Postby ForAllOfThis » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:05 pm UTC

No but leaving you alive if your lying to us could mean that we get stung twice tonight (i.e. if you are able to change votes) because at least one scum will be left behind if we lynch the other.

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:13 pm UTC

1) Why on earth would this be webby's decision? The face that he is confirmed town does not give him anymore information than the rest of us. And besides, I would hope that you view yourself as confirmed town as well (from your own perspective).
2) FAOT: your voting and posting are inconsistent.

Take some responsibility for your actions guys. You do have a choice here, and you're responsible for the outcome. Not anyone else.
Not A Raptor: Mav can be a very wily and dangerous player.
roband: Mav has a way of making everything seem right.
ELEPHANT SCIENCE - MORE ELEPHANT SCIENCE
- NEW: Elephant Math!

Silknor

Postby Silknor » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:14 pm UTC

Votals:
Mpolo (1): Mavketl
Mavketl (3): FAOT, Roband, Webby
AngrySquirrel (2): Mpolo, AngrySquirrel

4 to lynch. 3 hours remain.

Remember you can submit night actions early and conditional on who gets lynched.
Nikc wrote:Silknor is the JJ Abrams of mafia modding

roband

Postby roband » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:16 pm UTC

But if mpolo is telling the truth, and our guess at who is scum is correct, we win. Instantly.

If.

roband

Postby roband » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:40 pm UTC

Going offline soon (and I fear webby won't be back online at all before deadline).

Mav, who are you voting for?

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:51 pm UTC

I'm voting for mpolo.

roband

Postby roband » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:03 pm UTC

I meant who /would/ you be voting for, but I see it's the same answer.

Unvote
Vote mpolo

It makes sense. Obviously we need FAOT to change votes too, I guess.

ForAllOfThis

Postby ForAllOfThis » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:05 pm UTC

Mavketl wrote:2) FAOT: your voting and posting are inconsistent.

How? I see two possible strategies in front of me, both viable options, just different journeys. One (lynch mpolo) is the safer route whereas the route where we vote you is riskier (but has much greater payoff as a result).

roband

Postby roband » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:08 pm UTC

ForAllOfThis wrote:
Mavketl wrote:2) FAOT: your voting and posting are inconsistent.

How? I see two possible strategies in front of me, both viable options, just different journeys. One (lynch mpolo) is the safer route whereas the route where we vote you is riskier (but has much greater payoff as a result).

You're parroting me.

I know I'm being played to someone here, I just can't work out who.
FAOT.. Mav.. someone is lying.

Mav was looking bad, now FAOT looks bad. Let's just lynch mpolo and deal with this tomorrow. The townie one of you really needs to get lucky.

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:09 pm UTC

I do agree with Mav (the reasoning is sound and there is absolutely 0% chance of hitting town, which is good). One kill is so much less dangerous than two. We really do have no reason to trust mpolo. Obviously we need enough people on for a vote change at this point.

I read that as you saying that 'my' strategy is better. I don't think it makes a lot of sense to post the above and then not vote that way. Hence, inconsistent.

roband

Postby roband » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:10 pm UTC

EBWOP: *played BY someone

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:18 pm UTC

Come on guys, less than an hour to the deadline. Talk.

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:22 pm UTC

gobble gobble gobble?

/dies again.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

Silknor

Postby Silknor » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:24 pm UTC

Votals:
Mpolo (2): Mavketl, Roband
Mavketl (2): FAOT, Webby
AngrySquirrel (2): Mpolo, AngrySquirrel

4 to lynch. 35 minutes remain.

Silknor

Postby Silknor » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:16 pm UTC

The Grim Reaper brought the 3 candidates before his Master. Each struggled as they tried to convince the others to shift their loyalties.

The Evil Penguin laughed at their futile efforts and his voice, artificially amplified, boomed through the Great Hall of the Zoo.

"Eeny, menie, miney, moe
Catch a squirrel by the toe
If it hollers hold on tight
This, my choice, I know is right!"

The Evil Penguin nodded his head at the Grim Reaper. The Reaper walked over to the wall and drew a knife. He then cut the cord holding up the almond chandelier, bringing it crashing down, right on top of a very angry squirrel.

AngrySquirrel has been lynched at random among tied candidates. It is now night 3. Remember to send all PMs to each mod.

Silknor

Re: Zoo Mafia 3: Night 3-Nuts!

Postby Silknor » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:32 pm UTC

Deadline for N3 is set at 10 am PST Friday, 21.5 hours from now.

Silknor

Postby Silknor » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:40 am UTC

The town awoke to the grim laugh of defeat, the chuckles of untrusted prescience. They were pleasantly surprised that the laughter, for once, was not from the Evil Penguin. For in his presence no one else had dared laugh these last three days. But now Mavketl laughed at death itself.

AngrySquirrel has been lynched. She was the Gloomy Wombat, Scum Tunneling Rolecop, member of "The Winery".

Mavketl has been killed. She was the Hallucinogenic Chameleon, Scum Role Absorber, member of "The Winery".

Spoiler:
Mavketl: Hallucinogenic Chameleon. You had a wild youth, blending in to some of the strangest hallucinations the world has ever seen, and creating some truly amazing parties. But you’re put your past behind you and have resolved to use your abilities only for good now. You know the Zoo is crowded and cannot sustain all of its residents. The only way to prevent an ecological catastrophe that might destroy all life in the Zoo is to thin the herds now. Severely. Luckily you are enlightened enough to see the necessity of this, as is your ally. Your body has stored a tremendous amount of hallucinogenics from your past and you slowly secrete them into the air every time you breathe. In doing so you have created an environment where everyone and everything, even the laws of the universe themselves, is more than a little suggestible. When you use your ability as a chameleon, you don’t just alter perceptions, you change the very nature of reality itself. At the start of each night you will undergo a change based on your environment, gaining the abilities associated with the subject of the last role speculation by a non-scum player, not including killing abilities. Should no direct speculation occur, a mention will be used instead. And due to the trail of hallucinogenic compounds that follow in your wake, you shouldn’t have to worry about anyone taking too close a look at you, they won’t be seeing you the way you really are.

Scum with [X]. Your Mafia has a standard nightkill and may communicate privately at night. You are immune to cops, trackers, and watchers. Scum wins when they are assured victory by endgame. Please ensure you CC all 3 mods on every PM.

N1/D2 Absorptions:
You must now use the words post and restriction in every post. They do not need to be used as a phrase, and variations on pluralization are fine.

N2/D3 Absorptions:
D3/N3 mutual daychat and nightchat with [X].

N3 Absorbtion:
N3 Roleblock.

Spoiler:
Angry Squirrel: Gloomy Wombat. They say you’ve never seen a sunny day you didn’t disagree with. Maybe that’s because you spend so much time in your underground burrows, but maybe you just can’t see the beauty of the sun through all the gloom surrounding you. And in this time of murder and mayhem, who could blame you for being even gloomier than normal? You must react to all relevant postings by the mods in your gloomy townie character, this includes announcements of who was lynched/killed, and other postings where appropriate (not needed on minor things like votals, except perhaps where it looks like you’ll be lynched). After all, you’re convinced the town is going to lose, and the gloom is slightly less bitter when shared with others. When you’re not muttering misgivings about the town’s fortunes, you enjoy digging extensive series of burrows around town. This allows you to gather information at night, including snippets of any conversations that take place and some role information on a target player each night.

Scum with [X]. Your Mafia has a standard nightkill and may communicate privately at night. You are immune to trackers when gathering information, but not when carrying out the nightkill. Scum wins when they are assured victory by endgame. Please ensure you CC all 3 mods on every PM.

It is now Day 4. 4 Remain, 3 to lynch.

Due to the ease of ties in the votals with 4 players, I'm adding a Ready statement. Just like voting, you can post Ready (or Unready) in a separate line, bolded. If all players are simultaneously ready, the day will end just as if the deadline had occurred. You're not required to use this, it's just a way of ending the day early if it's clear there's going to be a tie and no one will change their mind, instead of requiring everyone to just wait out the deadline.

Silknor

Postby Silknor » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:46 am UTC

Oracle Result on FAOT:
There is no info here to see
It is all kept 'neath lock and key,
By the mighty Burninator
Foe of many a crusader.

roband

Re: Zoo Mafia 3: Day 4-Cassandra

Postby roband » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:59 am UTC

Vote: mpolo

let's be swift guys, in case he has any surprises he can use

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:01 pm UTC

After winning the game for you, this is how you repay me?

I kind of assumed that FAOT was going to jail Mavketl, so that my kill wouldn't work. It's remotely possible that my kill didn't work and somebody else killed Mav, I suppose. But as far as I can tell, I am responsible for getting rid of two scum yesterday (with a little help from the RNG).

The FAOT oracle sounds like he is Trogdor, the Burninator, from Homestar. I can't see Trogdor as a town role.

Vote: ForAllOfThis

Here's wondering if the "special mechanic" is that everybody is some sort of scum… I guess not, as we have had town deaths.

ForAllOfThis

Postby ForAllOfThis » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:57 pm UTC

I did jail Mav which means she must have accidently killed herself by roleblocking me (LOL!). Still, leaves me a little curious of where scum's kill went to and who roleblocked me on N2? I guess the kill might have been aimed at roband, I speculated a lot to Mav that you were bluffing about NK immunity. & I was an awesome Togdor in homestar until I stumbled on a spoiler. Even still,

Luckily you are enlightened enough to see the necessity of this, as is your ally

this is from Mav's role and suggests only one other scum member. I see no reason to vote Roband or Webby right now over confirmed anti-town. Silknor's post about ties is a little worrying though.

Vote: Mpolo

mpolo

Re: Zoo Mafia 3: Day 1-Glacier!

Postby mpolo » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:07 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:
Mav: I now think her post restriction is just to include the words "Post Restriction" in her posts.

I present this as proof that I am not considered to be scum by the mod. As far as I can tell, this is the source of:

Mav's powers wrote:N1/D2 Absorptions:
You must now use the words post and restriction in every post. They do not need to be used as a phrase, and variations on pluralization are fine.

I seem to be the only one who was speculating that, and she got powers based on:

Mav's PM wrote:At the start of each night you will undergo a change based on your environment, gaining the abilities associated with the subject of the last role speculation by a non-scum player, not including killing abilities.

So, you see, I am not considered scum, even if I do have a kill.

webby

Postby webby » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:52 pm UTC

Mpolo, unfortunately we can't take the risk. I assume 'non-scum' just meant 'not mafia'. Roband is almost certainly the oracle. He visited FAOT and we got a result.

Best chance of winning seems to be to lynch mpolo and if that doesn't end the game, we can only lose if FAOT is scum. I think it's more likely mpolo is scum.

Vote: mpolo

Silknor

Postby Silknor » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:39 am UTC

In the end there can only be one winner. His name, of course, is the Evil Penguin. But others may bask in the light of victory for a time. This is their story.

Confidence abound in the lynchers. So sure they were of the righteousness of their plan that they did not even follow the normal injunction to avoid the lynch on days with 3 town and 1 scum. But these were not normal times.

Mavketl and AngrySquirrel will go down in history as the saviors of the Zoo. For they were right about the pending ecological crisis, and they gave their lives to prevent it. That they were not able to enjoy the literal fruits of their labor was not lost on history, for it made their sacrifice ever more noble. Mpolo meanwhile, was a violent psychopath, not a follower of any enlightened philosophy, and few would mourn his passing, even though he survived longer, and earned more favor from the Evil Penguin, than the scum team.

Just one-half the town was left to celebrate their victory, adding a bitter taste to their parades. And there was still the unresolved matter of the Glacier and the Evil Penguin (Spoiler Alert: The Evil Penguin kills everyone). But they didn't care. And much rejoicing occurred.

Mpolo has been lynched, he was the Relentless Platypus, Persistent Serial Killer.

The town has eliminated the threats they can (sadly no one has a giant hair dryer to repel the glacier) and is victorious.

Remaining Roles:
Spoiler:
FAOT: Hyperactive Dragon. Hey! Get back here! Just sit still for a minute. You are a mighty dragon, protector of the town. If you don’t sit down and listen to me, you’ll never find out about your powers!

Ok, better. Every night you can abduct someone, keeping them safe from most nightkills and stopping them from carrying out any actions of their own. During the day you have trouble keeping your vote still. It cannot remain on one target (including not yet having voted and no lynch) for more than 48 real world hours, and it cannot return to a previous target that same day. You are also encouraged, but not required to keep your posts brief and more frequent, even somewhat erratic. Town, you win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Roband: Pious Wasp. After years of sacrifice and discipline, reflection and meditation, the gates of Heaven have opened up to you. You know now your task, to purge the heretics from the land, to create the Heaven above in the world below. You are the Emissary, the Chosen One. Bring forth the Voice of Heaven, so that it may aid you in your righteous quest. Each night you may target one player. At the start of the next day, an oracle result containing useful information will be publicly posted and noted as such by the mods. You have also been blessed with small size and great speed, allowing you to elude those who would hunt you at night, at least as long as other townies remain alive so you can hide in their houses. Town, immune to standard nightkills until no other townies remain, you win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Webby: Cowardly Turtle. You’ve lived a long life but in your old age you’ve started jumping at shadows and whispers. Fear surrounds you, infects you. And it’s not good for your health. Should you get too close to death (at Lynch-1 on any of the first 3 game days), your heart just won’t be able to keep working when so afraid, and you will surely die. You’re also not bold enough to vote for anyone who hasn’t already received a vote that day (even if it was later withdrawn). The good news is you’re still a crafty turtle. You figured out one of the players who is on your side and have managed to establish a means of communication with them at night. And your excellent night vision makes you a great spy, you can target a player each night and learn if anyone visited them.

Town. Mason with [X]. Both of you know the other is town and may communicate at night by PM. Please ensure you CC all 3 mods on every PM. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Mpolo: Relentless Platypus. Two roads diverged in a wood (or maybe a semi-aquatic area, the details have been lost to history), and I, I took the one I had already traveled, and that has made all the difference. The noble platypus does not give up. Ever. Once the prey is in your sights, you will fight till one of you does breathe no more. Lucky for you, you’re not just talk, you have a nasty venomous barb on your leg to back you up when the going gets rough. Once you vote for someone you cannot back down for the rest of the day: no unvoting and no changing your vote. Should they survive your relentless pursuit of them during the day, the hunt must continue at night: you must attempt to NK them. However, you have a poor memory, so your grudges do not carry forth to each new day, and you may pick a new target. You must vote every day. You are a Serial Killer, and win when you are the last player remaining.

Mod Comments:
Spoiler:
So the most amazing thing happened at the start of N3. But we have to back up a bit in the story to see why. On day 2, FAOT, town roleblocker, speculated about someone being a mason. It just so happened that this was the last rolespec of the day, meaning Mav, the scum role absorber acquired that power, gaining two-way communication D3 and N3, with FAOT. Now FAOT roleblocked Mav on N2, and, because Mav seemed to have used an ability that night, concluded that he must have been roleblocked, thus allowing Mav to use her ability.

Of course, this was not the case, and it's not FAOT's fault for not realizing this, as Mav's ability is a passive, meaning roleblock doesn't stop it, and roleblock doesn't affect abilities used during the day, so Mav could chat freely with him (and it can't stop communication at night because all actions are processed at the end of night so as to prevent time of submission from mattering).

FAOT then shared this roleblock theory with others, leading to everyone talking a lot about roleblockers. And so it's not surprising that the last rolespec of the day was Mpolo talking about roleblockers, thus ensuring that the cycle would be complete: Mav absorbed roleblock for N3, fulfilling the prophecy.

Now we’ll just have to see if FAOT and/or Mav roleblock the other tonight...

And the winner of the ironic prescience award for Zoo Mafia 3 is:
Mavketl wrote:Also most ironic possible set of actions this night:
FAOT jails me, thus blocking my kill. I roleblock him, thus negating my own protection. mpolo kills me.

I think it would be bad play on mpolo's part, so I'm not counting on that... but it would be so funny :P

Nailed it. :D (or :()

Mod Sheet:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1j9q ... t?hl=en_US
Night Actions:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... n_US#gid=0

mpolo

Re: Zoo Mafia 3: End

Postby mpolo » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:54 am UTC

Sorry, mafia, I figured that if I was going down, you all ought to go down with me.

I suppose I could have killed webby, leaving one scum, one town, and one me (assuming Mav had managed to kill FAOT), but that would have been pretty iffy as well…

ForAllOfThis

Postby ForAllOfThis » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:02 am UTC

LOL! Mav did kill herself!

I think Mav's role was really cool but it's still not a pure sylar role I would have liked to have seen. Where you absorb the power of whoever you kill. I have no idea why you didn't go for a town kill mpolo, you would have had much more chance of winning.

I knew Mav was scum when she submitted that she was going to vig kill mpolo, trying to bait me into using my power on roband/webby. Not subtle enough Mav!

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:42 am UTC

I had so given up that it didn't occur to me that killing a townie could actually work out for me…

roband

Postby roband » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:11 pm UTC

I was all over the place in this game. Sorry fellow town.

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:31 pm UTC

ForAllOfThis wrote:I knew Mav was scum when she submitted that she was going to vig kill mpolo, trying to bait me into using my power on roband/webby. Not subtle enough Mav!
Would you have roleblocked someone else if I hadn't sent you that message? I figured I was going to be roleblocked anyway, so I might as well give it a try.

Effectively being scum without a NK did not make this game any easier, I must say.

My last message to Silknor:
Cassandra wrote:Also most ironic possible set of actions this night:

FAOT jails me, thus blocking my kill. I roleblock him, thus negating my own protection. mpolo kills me.

I think it would be bad play on mpolo's part, so I'm not counting on that... but it would be so funny :P

mpolo you dork, I think you could've won this game. I sure as hell would've helped you over town. :P

FAOT wrote:I think Mav's role was really cool
Me too! I did have a major facedesk moment when I managed to give myself a post restriction by making you guys talk about my possible post restriction >.>
I learned from that though, that roleblock was carefully planned (for all the good that it did me) :D

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:47 pm UTC

I hadn't picked up on the scum not having nightkill, so assumed that I was in danger. I mean, I should have realized, what with my kills being the only ones that ever occurred at night.

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:55 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:I hadn't picked up on the scum not having nightkill, so assumed that I was in danger. I mean, I should have realized, what with my kills being the only ones that ever occurred at night.
"effectively" without an NK because it got FAOT-blocked every night, not literally without an NK :)

But why on earth would I want to NK you? That would not help scum at all!

Return to “Mafia”