[M] Doctor Who Mafia - Game over: Town wins

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Chandani

Re: [M] Doctor Who Mafia - Day 3: Police box cabinet.

Postby Chandani » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:14 am UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:Chandani: Their first post is a bit weird. They seem to not consider the fact that FAOT might have been recruited already. No major comments on the last day? With the whole lynch mix-up? Strange. And a posthumous 'I thought GL was scummier than Mav' which is always better left unsaid. Her later reasoning that Mav looks better because she can time-travel? It seems to me more bad guys would have that power than good guys.
Well, here was my list of people who could time travel:
Doctor
River Song
Captain Jack
Master

And with the Master supposedly dead, the only roles left were pretty townie.
Now, if the Daleks and Silence can time-travel (links/episode references would help, since I can't remember anything), then Mav's ability to time travel would definitely be neutral. (I'm not familiar with the Daleks' abilities, and I don't remember any mentions of time travel with the Silence)

I also don't know what you mean by lynch mix up.
And I'll comment on FAOT after he replies to Mav. His response might be important.

I don't get what you mean by lynch mix-up either.

ForAllOfThis

Postby ForAllOfThis » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:38 am UTC

It was day one. Not in the non-existant night. Nov 06, 2:38pm to be exact. Around about the time webby got caught.

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Postby Angua » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:16 pm UTC

Chandani wrote:
Gopher of Pern wrote:Chandani: Their first post is a bit weird. They seem to not consider the fact that FAOT might have been recruited already. No major comments on the last day? With the whole lynch mix-up? Strange. And a posthumous 'I thought GL was scummier than Mav' which is always better left unsaid. Her later reasoning that Mav looks better because she can time-travel? It seems to me more bad guys would have that power than good guys.
Well, here was my list of people who could time travel:
Doctor
River Song
Captain Jack
Master

And with the Master supposedly dead, the only roles left were pretty townie.
Now, if the Daleks and Silence can time-travel (links/episode references would help, since I can't remember anything), then Mav's ability to time travel would definitely be neutral. (I'm not familiar with the Daleks' abilities, and I don't remember any mentions of time travel with the Silence)

I also don't know what you mean by lynch mix up.
And I'll comment on FAOT after he replies to Mav. His response might be important.

I don't get what you mean by lynch mix-up either.

Don't have much time but: - the Silence can obviously time travel as River was in the future when she got kidnapped and put in the spacesuit, which then took her to the 60's. The daleks time travel a couple of times at the end of episodes, and it is generally the justification for bringing them back (the new york ones definitely time traveled to get there, and I think at the end of the one with world war 2 and winston churchill had some of them time traveling to get away, but the doctor didn't go after them).
Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:29 pm UTC

ForAllOfThis wrote:It was day one. Not in the non-existant night. Nov 06, 2:38pm to be exact. Around about the time webby got caught.
Anyone want to step forward to claim being recruited on D2?
Not A Raptor: Mav can be a very wily and dangerous player.
roband: Mav has a way of making everything seem right.
ELEPHANT SCIENCE - MORE ELEPHANT SCIENCE
- NEW: Elephant Math!

Chandani

Postby Chandani » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:03 pm UTC

I got recruited beginning of Day 2. Kind of explains why I didn't like GL.
Oh, and thanks Angua for the info.

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:05 am UTC

Thats fair enough. I'm completely flavourblind, so I'm just going off what other people say in thread.

Yes Mav, we could go back ourselves and stop them from doing that. Especially you, as you are the only one to reveal that you have that power. Sorry, that would be a bad thing, as you would be lynched then. I suppose we would have to rely on a different town player to do it.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:46 am UTC

Just a reminder; 11 and a quarter hours remain until the day ends.

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:45 am UTC

Vote: keeneal

Chandani is pinging me the most, but they have been copped as 'town'. I can't decide between Mav and Angua, and they have both been pretty good lately, so, keeneal is my next favourite for the lynch. Not much time left, and I realise that this is the only vote, but we need something to get this game back on track.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.

Postby Angua » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:30 am UTC

Sorry about the being quiet - my laptop has been dead for a couple of days so I've been getting by with my bf's and college computers.

I'm not sure who to vote for. I guess I'm a bit more trusting of Mav now (though not very), but I don't think that I'm getting any pings really off keeneal. That leaves weiyaoli, chandani, faot and gop. Of them, chandani and faot are the two who got recruited by scum, so I"m more inclined to trust them, and weiyaoli claimed miller in the first post, which is normally a town move. GoP has been fairly helpful, but I'm not sure if I trust them completely.

I'll

vote: gopher of pern

which I know leaves a tie. However, I'll be around before the day ends (in about 4 hours I think) so I'll unvote if necessary, as I think a lynch is probably better than a no lynch.
Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.

Postby Angua » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:09 pm UTC

Angua wrote:Sorry about the being quiet - my laptop has been dead for a couple of days so I've been getting by with my bf's and college computers.

I'm not sure who to vote for. I guess I'm a bit more trusting of Mav now (though not very), but I don't think that I'm getting any pings really off keeneal. That leaves weiyaoli, chandani, faot and gop. Of them, chandani and faot are the two who got recruited by scum, so I"m more inclined to trust them, and weiyaoli claimed miller in the first post, which is normally a town move. GoP has been fairly helpful, but I'm not sure if I trust them completely.

I'll

vote: gopher of pern

which I know leaves a tie. However, I'll be around before the day ends (in about 4 hours I think) so I'll unvote if necessary, as I think a lynch is probably better than a no lynch.

Right, I have to go for lunch. I'll try and get back on before the deadline but I'll unvote now. If anyone else thinks we should go for GoP (and comes online) - if you vote I'll be doing my best to come back on and check if I need to revote.

unvote
GNU Terry Pratchett

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:17 pm UTC

That's why I didn't want to vote, but nothing is happening. If we are going to lynch, I'd rather it be a lurker, so we can continue on with the game.

By my clock, we have 45 min before deadline. I'm gonna unvote now, but I will vote before deadline is reached.

Unvote
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:37 pm UTC

lol, we suck at deadlines. I'm here, will be voting. Preferably for Angua or weiyaoli.

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:39 pm UTC

I think your 45 minutes are off, btw? Vieto's post is tagged 2.46am for me, plus 11 and a bit is 2pm. My previous post is tagged at 12.37, which gives us a bit over an hour.

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:46 pm UTC

ahh true, I didn't have DST enabled, so I was an hour off.

I have it on good authority that Weiyaoli does not have a means of time travel. That does not say anything about their scumminess though, so I do not know if that would influence anything.

With the lack of decent posts from everybody, its hard to get a good read. As I said, I was getting the biggest pings off Chandani, but they have been copped town. I think I'm more willing to trust Mav than Angua at this stage.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:56 pm UTC

Actually, you had a point about changing lynches of the past. It doesn't seem very feasible right now, but for next days we really do need to have larger margins on our lynches (as in, one vote won't make a difference).

Vote: Angua

I'll be around until deadline, willing to change to weiyaoli or just unvote if Angua comes up with a particularly convincing defense/claim.

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:03 pm UTC

I guess I'll follow your lead, and try to give a decent margin on this lynch.

Vote: Angua

At this stage, with very little to go on, but only anti-town having been killed, we have very little to go off, and hopefully tomorrows actions will make things a bit clearer. I also do have a little trick up my sleeve in case something goes very wrong at the end of today.

I am going to bed now, I'm already up way past my bedtime. :)
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.

Postby Angua » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:22 pm UTC

Vote: Mavketl

I still don't trust you from before, and was willing to give you a chance, but nevermind.
GNU Terry Pratchett

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:23 pm UTC

When I said 12 hours left, I meant 24 hours

ForAllOfThis

Postby ForAllOfThis » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:55 pm UTC

Time works in funny ways.

Just a few things:

Unlikely Mafia
3. Chandani - Copped Harriet, claimed to be recruited D2. No counterclaim and I assume mafia can't recruit themselves as a supporter.
6. weiyaoli - Revealed the ability cop on greenlovers mafia supporter recruit. Extremely unlikely scum move (and I'm surprised at the suspicion towards him to be honest).

That leaves Mav, GoP, Keeneal & Angua as possible scum. Right now Angua looks like the lynch favourite and I'm undecided between Angua & GoP as scum. I'll see if Angua has any sort of defence/claim before I place my vote down.

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:56 pm UTC

Votals:
angua: 2 (Mavketl, GOP)
Mavketl: 1 (Angua)

Also, a fixed point has been generated.

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.

Postby Angua » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:23 pm UTC

My defense is basically, Mav doesn't like me because I led the lynch on her yesterday due to the fact that I thought wanting to reveal John Smith yesterday was a pretty scummy thing to do due to the fact that it is extremely unlikely (in my opinion) that John Smith would be vanilla town. She seemed to think that her breadcrumbs would be enough to get me to stop, but I didn't find them convincing.

I have to go. As said, still having laptop issues.
GNU Terry Pratchett

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:52 pm UTC

FAOT wrote:6. weiyaoli - Revealed the ability cop on greenlovers mafia supporter recruit. Extremely unlikely scum move (and I'm surprised at the suspicion towards him to be honest).
Why is that an unlikely scum move? If you're scum, the easiest way to pass for town is to hunt other scum.

mod wrote:Also, a fixed point has been generated.
What does this mean for time travel purposes? Is the 'fixed point' only at the moment you posted it, or does it mean that today's day-end will be fixed as well?

(Or do we have to guess and figure it out for ourselves? :P )

@Angua: That's not a defense, that's your psychological analysis of my motivation to vote for you. And it's only very approximately accurate.

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:56 pm UTC

Mavketl wrote:What does this mean for time travel purposes? Is the 'fixed point' only at the moment you posted it, or does it mean that today's day-end will be fixed as well?

I'll give more hints as the time of the fixed point gets closer. (but yes, it is an event at the end of D3)

ForAllOfThis

Postby ForAllOfThis » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:27 pm UTC

Mavketl wrote:
FAOT wrote:6. weiyaoli - Revealed the ability cop on greenlovers mafia supporter recruit. Extremely unlikely scum move (and I'm surprised at the suspicion towards him to be honest).
Why is that an unlikely scum move? If you're scum, the easiest way to pass for town is to hunt other scum.

Having a scum buddy who can recruit mafia supporters would be considerably more useful than attempting to look townie, especially when you consider that there wasn't much direct suspicion aimed at GL until Wei claimed his cop & result.

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:56 pm UTC

FAOT wrote:scum buddy
I was working with the assumption that there is not one scum faction. Doesn't really make sense, flavour-wise.

If there is, you have a point.

ForAllOfThis

Postby ForAllOfThis » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:33 pm UTC

I'm not so sure. There have been times where different factions have worked together against the doctor. Pandora's box for example.

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:35 pm UTC

The fixed point will happen at the end of D3. It is a lynch target.

ForAllOfThis

Postby ForAllOfThis » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:41 pm UTC

From what I understand, a fixed point has to happen otherwise all of time ceases to exist right?

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:36 pm UTC

In recent episodes, it was more like all of time.. happened at the same time. It's not a concept one gets their head around easily and I don't know what the hell it will do in this game...

Speaking of recent episodes, Vieto's "the lynch target is a fixed point in time"
Spoiler:
we saw the death of the doctor as a fixed point in time in those eps

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:56 pm UTC

Votals:
Matketl: 1 (Angua)
angua: 2 (Matketl, GOP)
Last edited by Vieto on Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:40 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:57 pm UTC

Okay, so apparently the fixed point in time in the game seems to have the same thing in mind: the Doctor must die. If anyone has a way to stop this, now would be the time.

It could well be some sort of re-direct, so I have to try this:

Unvote

Vote: weiyaoli

I gotta go soon and will be sound asleep at the time of the deadline. Save me?

Gopher of Pern

Postby Gopher of Pern » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:03 pm UTC

Is this a modly thing, or an Angua thing?

So, there is no way to stop Mav getting lynched? That just seems.....a tad bit unfair.

How are we supposed to save you?
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:16 pm UTC

Votals:
Matketl: 1 (Angua)
angua: 1 (GOP)
Weiyaoli: 1(Matketl)

Chandani

Postby Chandani » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:49 am UTC

Okay, well here's another idea: a fixed point in time could mean that we cannot change the events of what happens here. It must always happen, no matter what.
So if the lynch target is a fixed point in time, it could mean that we have to pick who to lynch correctly since we cannot go back in time to change it. Thoughts? (If you guys are wondering about this interpretation, see the Mars episode w/Tennant)
Not sure how Mav is jumping to 'it must mean the Doctor must die', though. Maybe it was because of the two votes on her? That seemed to be a mod mistake, since she only has one vote now... but that was after she switched it, so it's possible. Or maybe the fixed point in time is separate from the lynch redirect?
Also...
Gopher of Pern wrote: I also do have a little trick up my sleeve in case something goes very wrong at the end of today.
This probably can't happen now because of the fixed point. I doubt GoP would make a fixed point... unless the fixed point does something?

In which case, why did a fixed point occur? Who made it? If it's a mod thing, dang. I think that's more likely, since no one seems very sure with the lynches... unless someone wanted to make sure Angua died or something like that. Which seems to have backfired.

Now... Mav thinks it could be a lynch redirect. I'm not so sure about that, but I'm not going to be on for deadline. So if it's a lynch redirect, and Mav (who claimed Doctor) is the target, it won't be that good. ARGH.

But if the lynch redirect is from Angua to Mav, and it probably doesn't work the other way, I would have to vote for weiyaoli to get a lynch. Which couldn't be changed if the fixed point in time is like I think. And he has a rolecop, which is useful.

So. I'm not going to vote. Because this is a mess. So, if Mav isn't slated to die, she won't. In fact, no one will die because it's a NL situation. If someone disagrees with me, change the votes, but it seems safer to keep it like this for now.

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:36 am UTC

The town couldn't agree on who to lynch. Unfortunately, it was a fixed point that Matketl was to be lynched on D3. Luckily, no-where was it specified which D3 he was to be lynched on. Regardless, town may not win until Matketl dies on D3. In spite of this, no-one was lynched. Everyone looked around, noting they were in a moon-base now, with london buildings.

D4. This game is running a bit slow, so I'm shortening the deadline to Thursday at 9pm

Gopher of Pern

Re: [M] Doctor Who Mafia - Day 4: Fixed, but flexable

Postby Gopher of Pern » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:50 am UTC

Ok, so I guess that means someone has to go back in time and change the lynch. Luckily, it only requires one of us. As Mav has demonstrated that she has the power to time travel, I propose she has to be the one to do it. If she's town, she needs to do it to win anyway. If she's not town, her refusal to do it will come out, and well, we know who we need to lynch.

What was going on with the votals there? They changed so much. Was that just modly mistake, or were they actually changing?

I can confirm I didn't create the fixed point. I had another trick, but its moot now.

I guess we can wait until FAOT and weiy supply their cop results. Maybe try to co-ordinate it? I believe Angua, myself and keeneal are probably the biggest unknowns at the moment.

Strange that aside from the beginning, still no kills. Maybe it was just a one-shot?
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:01 am UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:What was going on with the votals there? They changed so much. Was that just modly mistake, or were they actually changing?

Consider it a modly mistake

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.

Postby Angua » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:11 am UTC

I'm confused - where did the votals change? I found where they must have been edited and changed. They seemed to be at 2 to lynch me and 1 for Mav until she changed to weiyaoli. Also, there's only 1 reason that Mav could have for automatically assuming that she was the target (@ Chandani, from what I can see, Mav never had 2 votes on her today - it was always me that was the target of lynching if you look solely at votals). When I first started reading through the events this morning, my first thought was that me dying would be the fixed point as it seemed to be where yesterday was going (ie things had already been set in motion and they were destined to continue that way).

Anyway, more later when I get use of a computer again.
GNU Terry Pratchett

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:35 am UTC

Yeah, I probably should let Matketl switch back to her original vote. It's only fair for my screw-up.
Last edited by Vieto on Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:41 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:35 am UTC

Vieto wrote:Yeah, I probably should let Matketl switch back to his original vote. It's only fair for my screw-up.

*loud throut clearing noise*
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Return to “Mafia”